8.1

1. Luke
    Mar 10, 2006
    Are you kidding me if anyone gave this game a lower score then at 10 out of 10 they r nuts its just like morowind with a major graphicall over-hall. This game actualy has a physics engine and its over 100 hrs of gameplay which means ill never finish this one just like i never finished morrowind but at least ill have the time of my life plain it
  2. HarmLokesz
    Mar 23, 2006
    This is a very special game. Did not expect that this was possible. The AI's really have a personality and express emotion. Don''t fall in love when you are married. Just sat there an a hill and watched the stars.
    - AMD 64 3500+ , ASUS 6600GT @ 1024 x 768
    One word "Perfect".
  3. patchman
    Mar 28, 2006
    i will agree with all the other reviews that this is a great looking game BUT there are some serious issues regarding stability on some PCs. 60% of will play this game with no issues but the other 40% of us are have some mojor crashing problems that just makes the game unplayable. check out the various forums for this game to find out how bad these bugs are, untill oblivion is patched upi will agree with all the other reviews that this is a great looking game BUT there are some serious issues regarding stability on some PCs. 60% of will play this game with no issues but the other 40% of us are have some mojor crashing problems that just makes the game unplayable. check out the various forums for this game to find out how bad these bugs are, untill oblivion is patched up correctly with a proper patch then i can only give this game a 5/10 and thats being generious for a game that i am unable to play. Expand
  4. megatron
    Apr 1, 2006
    its one of the best prg that i ever saw,in my life and i have seen a lot..played the morrowind,it took me a lot of time which i wont regret on neglecting other real time expieriences,something that i ll probably do with oblivion also..great game...Also something to mention to giancarlo b,and all other pc fan boys;maybe if u looked at the xbox360 version on a 52" something monitor u wouldits one of the best prg that i ever saw,in my life and i have seen a lot..played the morrowind,it took me a lot of time which i wont regret on neglecting other real time expieriences,something that i ll probably do with oblivion also..great game...Also something to mention to giancarlo b,and all other pc fan boys;maybe if u looked at the xbox360 version on a 52" something monitor u would nt be happy with the result....i trashed my friends pc version,with no antialising and hdr at the same time running has at 1024*768....on 6800 ultra,with newst drivers,2gigabyte ram and amd anything at full,(sorryyyyyy!!!)playing my xbox version on my 1600*1200 pc monitor at 1280 p wtih a component 2 vga transoder....my mate is still gathering the pieces of his jaw from the ground....and he version was at least choppy,(the horse ride,.....yuk...)As for the controls,i can still beat most of pc wannabe either mouse,or joypad...if you practice it will come....and i come clean at both(although i still b lieve that mouse key +fps,are currntly the best combination) ....just 2 set somethings straight....and 4 the record,try not compering cheap tv or oversyzed set ups with a smaller pc monitor,cause u would b surpised how auful a good image shows at three to 4 times bigger screen..now matter the resolution...try hooking up the pc on a 36 or bigger monitor with the same resolution and u ll see what i mean...support games,not tech specs.. Expand
  5. hcarter
    Jun 9, 2006
    I haven't played an RPG this good since the Baldur's Gate series. The endless play is amazing, let alone the great main quest arc. The amount of variation you can play in this game is just amazing. The graphics are wonderful. Back when CIV4 came out I had upgraded my video card--so I was easily able to play Oblivion with no modifications whatsoever.
    There are a few glitches
    There are a few glitches here and there--but nothing too major---the first beta patch is sincerely a take or leave install--which means the version you get in your box was tested well. Still, I'm eager to see what the full exp. patch will entail when it's released. The only thing that would earn a 10 from me is multi-player--same party capabilities like Baldurs Gate. Otherwise, bravo to Bethesda--well done.
  6. TristanEdge
    Jul 5, 2006
    One of the greatest games I have ever played, and I'm not overreacting; I've played plenty of RPGs (and games in general). Graphics are simply beautiful - you can stand on a mountain overlooking a town and see a huge Imperial city in the distance. Gameplay was varied and enjoyable - several styles of combat, plenty of character interaction, some fun mini-games, and a whole hostOne of the greatest games I have ever played, and I'm not overreacting; I've played plenty of RPGs (and games in general). Graphics are simply beautiful - you can stand on a mountain overlooking a town and see a huge Imperial city in the distance. Gameplay was varied and enjoyable - several styles of combat, plenty of character interaction, some fun mini-games, and a whole host of back story in the form of books, letters, newspapers, and gossip. The world is pretty damned big - coastlines, rivers and bridges, mountains, forests, towns and cities, hamlets, dungeons, caves, ancient ruins... the map has a nicely spaced out feel to it, it's not too clustered. Each individual dungeon area seems different with its own traps, monsters, scenary etc... Realistic physics were a great addition - seeing an enemy fall down a cliff can be very satisfying. Level scaling was well implemented, as your enemy's levels match your own. The various addons that Bethesda are releasing look to make this game very enjoyable for a very long time to come! You MUST buy this game!! Expand
  7. AnonymousMC
    Aug 23, 2006
    Considering how hyped this game has been, it would have to be the best game ever made (and 20 times as good as the second best) not to be incredibly overrated.

It's a good game in a lot of ways. There is a ton of opportunity to play the game in different ways. The range of characters you can develop feels almost limitless and the span of the world is huge. I have three main

I have three main beefs: instability, quest fragility, and NPC lameness. Instability doesn't affect everyone, but it affects people across a wide range of computing power. On the PC it crashes at minimal settings even with reccommended hardware. It crashes overclockers and non-overclockers, patched and unpatched versions alike. It's even been known to crash the console! nothing ruins a high immersion game like frequent crashes.

Quest fragility is another problem. A lot of quests can be broken if you do things slightly out of order. It's not all that common, but this isn't some half-assed budget game like KOTOR II. It's oblivion. Things should just sort of work. On a related note, the way horses work sucks.

The NPCs are my last complaint. Their facial expressions are totally wrong all the time. When people are flipped out, their eyes are supposed to get bigger, not smaller. This is not rocket science. All that work went into making faces life-like and varried, but the expressions are creepily unnatural. How is it that the most touted RPG of all time has NPCs that look so much worse than the ones in HL2 - a first person shooter?!

This is an almost great game and if I hadn't experienced so much instability, I might let the other complaints go. Still maybe we can all stop pretending that this is the best game since Sliced Bread Challenge Ultra (remember that game?) and get real.
  8. KevinB
    Oct 16, 2006
    ok...i got a bone to pick with some of you..."OMG IT GOT TO HARD!" First of all there is a skill setting in the options menu...if it gets to hard, put it down a tad...and if its all the way down and you're still getting your butt kicked, well then you just suck, because the very first fight i got in i owned some poor sap in red robes with my fists alone...so complaining about it beingok...i got a bone to pick with some of you..."OMG IT GOT TO HARD!" First of all there is a skill setting in the options menu...if it gets to hard, put it down a tad...and if its all the way down and you're still getting your butt kicked, well then you just suck, because the very first fight i got in i owned some poor sap in red robes with my fists alone...so complaining about it being too hard is not allowed...and other people who say its not revolutionary...it's THE biggest game world created to date...not to mention the graphics...have you seen the graphics in alot of games today? they suck...perfect example: the new Scarface game...ive seen better graphics on the playstation 1...instead of enjoying the game for WHAT IT IS, most of you people immediately look for all the flaws...no game is perfect, quit complaining and enjoy the damn game...thats what its for!!! Expand
  9. bosochargedhercegovan
    Nov 4, 2006
    the graphics are drab, unbearable shit. i just want to tear the screen apart when I see them. its almost as if the developers mixed up their own spit and vomit and used that as inspiration. second, the artists are hired from some shitty mental insitution where they have daily art lessons. there is absolutely NOTHING inspiring or captivating about them at all. Decade old games like Mariothe graphics are drab, unbearable shit. i just want to tear the screen apart when I see them. its almost as if the developers mixed up their own spit and vomit and used that as inspiration. second, the artists are hired from some shitty mental insitution where they have daily art lessons. there is absolutely NOTHING inspiring or captivating about them at all. Decade old games like Mario or Zelda have more interesting and for the most part better graphics than oblivion. oblivion makes use of innovations like antialiasing and ASF and thats it.

second the engine used is shit. gamebryo?? lol are you kidding. the programmers are shit. ever1 that worked on this game were the bottom scrapers of the industry. That is because Bethesda is a cheap-arse company that spends all its money on promotion and making crappy movie tie-ins.

NWN2 is out now!! its not as good as i thought but kicks Obliviooons arse anyday.
  10. misteritisa
    Jan 13, 2007
    When Morrowind came out no one would've care.But when this one came out,every eyes envied this game.Seriously who would've thought a game will be this BIG,BEAUTIFUL,and still it was not complete(user can add mod they like to the game).This one for sure is one masterpiece.People who compare this game to Dark Messiah is an absolute retard.
  11. AnonymousMC
    Feb 10, 2007
    WAY too much hype. The main storyline is terrible, very linear and also short, the main quests are too repetitive. There is hardly any nice stuff to get and not nearly enough armor to choose from. The autoadjustment of levels does more bad than good. The graphics need a lot of hardware power, the setting is too common for my tastes and everything looks too similar. What remains isWAY too much hype. The main storyline is terrible, very linear and also short, the main quests are too repetitive. There is hardly any nice stuff to get and not nearly enough armor to choose from. The autoadjustment of levels does more bad than good. The graphics need a lot of hardware power, the setting is too common for my tastes and everything looks too similar. What remains is exploring the world, many nice sidequests and good combat. But if both story and setting are simply boring as hell, what's the point? Expand
  12. GLCarpinter
    Apr 7, 2007
    I can't believe all the fellatio for this game. I played this game for some time, and yes, I had fun. There were a few good points such as: some inspired side-quests, graphics, combat and horses. However, the lack of gameplay started to set in and I'm not going to touch this game again, ever. The things that ruined it for me were: the voice acting (Patrick Stewart being theI can't believe all the fellatio for this game. I played this game for some time, and yes, I had fun. There were a few good points such as: some inspired side-quests, graphics, combat and horses. However, the lack of gameplay started to set in and I'm not going to touch this game again, ever. The things that ruined it for me were: the voice acting (Patrick Stewart being the exception here), a crappy main plot, levelled loot, levelled enemies and a lack of books. It doesn't matter how pants-creamingly awesome your graphics are if the actual game sucks moose dick. If you want to play an awesome RPG, play Baldur's Gate 2 or Planescape: Torment. Expand
  13. AnonymousMC
    Jun 8, 2007
    After the truly outstanding Morrowind, I thought that nothing could possibly top it, but nevertheless anticipated Oblivion so much that the it was first thing I bought after an Xbox 360. After a mere 20 hours, I was hooked, and upon returning to Morrowind it just wasn't the same anymore - it couldn't compare. This is a complete and utter masterpeice, not to be missed - and forAfter the truly outstanding Morrowind, I thought that nothing could possibly top it, but nevertheless anticipated Oblivion so much that the it was first thing I bought after an Xbox 360. After a mere 20 hours, I was hooked, and upon returning to Morrowind it just wasn't the same anymore - it couldn't compare. This is a complete and utter masterpeice, not to be missed - and for some perspective, this is the first videogame I've ever rated a 10 in my life - and I'm a hardcore gamer! Expand
  14. AnonymousMC
    Jun 25, 2007
    This Game is incredible the best and most addictive RPG or game i've ever played.I've played over 630 hours of it. The choices are endless, thousands of items, weapons, armor, and spells and the good physics engine make the possiblilties endless. no two characters will be the same. . the only problems are the glitches but thats fixed eaily with the free patches atThis Game is incredible the best and most addictive RPG or game i've ever played.I've played over 630 hours of it. The choices are endless, thousands of items, weapons, armor, and spells and the good physics engine make the possiblilties endless. no two characters will be the same. . the only problems are the glitches but thats fixed eaily with the free patches at elderscrolls.com. and all the plugins and expansions left me playing this game for months. It's pure gaming freedom. 11 out of 10 in my opinion. Expand
  15. AnonymousMC
    Jul 2, 2007
    Truly a bad joke of a game. I don't think I can stand another "So, yeah - the current plot hook is [X], so you have to go to the next completely generic [cave/ruin/oblivion gate] [Y], [kill the foozles/retrieve the item [Z]/both]" quest - an this little template has basically described 75% of the quest content of Oblivion. If only the combat system was any good... Well, it's notTruly a bad joke of a game. I don't think I can stand another "So, yeah - the current plot hook is [X], so you have to go to the next completely generic [cave/ruin/oblivion gate] [Y], [kill the foozles/retrieve the item [Z]/both]" quest - an this little template has basically described 75% of the quest content of Oblivion. If only the combat system was any good... Well, it's not - think about your typical FPS, and remove all the fun and the challenge (even if, for some strange reason, you are losing you can always gulp on an unlimited number of healing potions - six every time you open your inventory, with closing and opening of it taking less than a second of game time, since the game pauses on inventory screen). Also, don't kid yourself that it's a good RPG, 'cause it has stats. They don't matter. In fact, the best thing you can do if you want to munchkinize your character is give him the exact opposite of the skills you want to use - that way you will still advance fairly quickly, but not in level. Why is this good? Well, thanks to the oh so brilliant level scaling, the world's monsters will stay in "noob mode", while you are getting more and more powerful. The downside of this is that the scaled random loot will be pretty pathetic, but given how easy it is to outclass the scaled monsters in damage dealt/damage received even with steel equipment, this doesn't matter very much.

The game has LOTS of issues, like uninspired writing and soul destroying blandness and genericness of the towns (and ignoring previous TES lore to boot - wasn't Cyrodill supposed to be tropical jungle?), terrain and monsters, the supposedly great AI that makes the NPCs emergently admire walls (and it's pretty much all it does), the inconsistent voices of NPCs, the linearity (true, you can do a quest for most of the factions (except for those for which it was deemed you cannot - the Blackwood Company comes to mind as the most illogical of those) at any moment, the quest sequences of those factions are completely linear), the "become the head of the guild and be done with it" factor, the lack of conflict between joinable factions (it goes as far as allowing you to be the guildmaster of all) even though the death of the emperor with no known heir would be THE opportunity for power grabs, the "oh so there are Oblivion gates popping all over the place, but since they're not quest related we all ignore them", the inconsistent [Rumors]/"You are the hero of [town name]!"/[Other option]/"Who are you noob?" dialog, and the dumb minigames (I would nominate the persuasion minigame as a winner here)... I was going to finish this comment with "but I think the boring and repetitive are what killed it for me", but really, all those issues did their part in it - and there's STILL more that I don't care to describe. I'd say - avoid this game.
  16. chrisrhodes
    Jul 10, 2007
    i lvoe the way thestory line is set up in this gam... it bring u into the game and makes u want to keep playing... and with the exspanchion packs being sold it keep growing....there always soemthing to do.... but if u are looking for a good RPG game this is a must....

~Ðalis~
  17. AnonymousMC
    Sep 15, 2007
    Mediocre graphics for such a new game. Boring and predictable story line. Repetitive gameplay. Uninspired quests, mostly of the "fetch" and "kill" sort. Bad script writing, except for a very few risquee (but irrelevant) line. Fundamentally flawed character leveling mechanics. The background music wasn't so bad. The main thing I liked about this game was its world size, but evenMediocre graphics for such a new game. Boring and predictable story line. Repetitive gameplay. Uninspired quests, mostly of the "fetch" and "kill" sort. Bad script writing, except for a very few risquee (but irrelevant) line. Fundamentally flawed character leveling mechanics. The background music wasn't so bad. The main thing I liked about this game was its world size, but even that didn't hold my interest. Once I owned a couple of houses, not even the main quest was enough to keep me playing. Expand
  18. MarioKucan
    Oct 27, 2007
    I am giving the game a 0 just because Bethseda bought great scores from the review sites!! I mean who would ever give a game that is far worse than Morrowind in every regard except graphic and combat a score 100????? The game has lots of bugs so it cannot be 100, and the fact so many sites gave it 100 proves they been bought!!
  19. AnonymousMC
    Nov 28, 2007
    Do not believe the hype - Oblivion is an action game, NOT an RPG, and a rather poor one at that. The combat and the quests are boring, the writing is abysmal and the Radiant AI is completely retarded. The main quest will have you going from one corner to another of the world over and over again - you may enjoy the traveling for a while, but I'm sure you'll soon get bored andDo not believe the hype - Oblivion is an action game, NOT an RPG, and a rather poor one at that. The combat and the quests are boring, the writing is abysmal and the Radiant AI is completely retarded. The main quest will have you going from one corner to another of the world over and over again - you may enjoy the traveling for a while, but I'm sure you'll soon get bored and start using the fast travel option (which is also stupid - if the world were interesting enough, there would be no need for it). The side quests are mostly variants of Kill 10 Rats or Stalk a Boring NPC For Hours. I'm giving it a 3 for the pretty forests and modability (which, don't understand me wrong, can't save the game). You may enjoy this for a couple of days if you liked Diablo or Dark Messiah; if you're more of a Fallout/Torment or even Morrowind lover, stay the hell away from Oblivion. Expand
  20. AnonymousMC
    Apr 10, 2008
    Dispite all the criticisms of people who doesn't understand the TRUE idea of this game, people, this game is one of the best(and more creaitive) game ever made so far in the history of gaming. Deep and immersive RPG/FPS style just makes you want to come back for more and more... Beats the crap out of Halo series with dumb mindless shooting gameplay. No doubt, Trust me, Buy this game,Dispite all the criticisms of people who doesn't understand the TRUE idea of this game, people, this game is one of the best(and more creaitive) game ever made so far in the history of gaming. Deep and immersive RPG/FPS style just makes you want to come back for more and more... Beats the crap out of Halo series with dumb mindless shooting gameplay. No doubt, Trust me, Buy this game, it worth every penny of the cost. And your pretty much set as a gamer. Expand
  21. WTF
    Jul 11, 2008
    Maybe I kill slef. I didn't really give this game that much of a chance, I admit this, but I just could not get into it. I tried so hard to enjoy it, mainly because a friend of mine said it was good, but this was to no avail. The only moment I enjoyed was creating my character, but even that seemed lacking. I apologize to the people who like this type of game, but I think I'dMaybe I kill slef. I didn't really give this game that much of a chance, I admit this, but I just could not get into it. I tried so hard to enjoy it, mainly because a friend of mine said it was good, but this was to no avail. The only moment I enjoyed was creating my character, but even that seemed lacking. I apologize to the people who like this type of game, but I think I'd rather go play in traffic. Expand
  22. AnonymousMC
    Aug 21, 2008
    The ridiculous level system means that things will always be an even match with you... so whats the point of even leveling up? The voices are horrible! The beggars have about 4 different voices which keep changing every sentence. Theres probably about 5 voice actors in the whole game. ALL male nords and orcs sound the same! I cant believe this game has a higher score than proper RPG'sThe ridiculous level system means that things will always be an even match with you... so whats the point of even leveling up? The voices are horrible! The beggars have about 4 different voices which keep changing every sentence. Theres probably about 5 voice actors in the whole game. ALL male nords and orcs sound the same! I cant believe this game has a higher score than proper RPG's like KOTOR. The only thing good about this game is the graphics of the countryside when you travel from town to town... oh wait! theres no point! you can just 'fast travel' which instantly takes you from one part of the world to the other. wtf is the point of buying a horse then? In conclusion, bad AI, no immersion, bad combat, bad physics and bland quests. Expand
  23. LeonardoFerreira
    Oct 16, 2008
    Oblivion is from FAR the best rpg game ive ever played on my whole life ,its all about the freedom;you can either follow the main quest or just say "F*CK OFF" main quest and go and explore the world ,doing LOTS and LOTS of side-quests wich are as good or even better than the main quest ,and are DEFINITELY bigger than the main quest.Also ,there are LOTS of mods wich gives like 2 months orOblivion is from FAR the best rpg game ive ever played on my whole life ,its all about the freedom;you can either follow the main quest or just say "F*CK OFF" main quest and go and explore the world ,doing LOTS and LOTS of side-quests wich are as good or even better than the main quest ,and are DEFINITELY bigger than the main quest.Also ,there are LOTS of mods wich gives like 2 months or more of more gameplay.PLUS ,the construction set (cs) wich comes with the game is absolutely amazing ,it lets completely RETARDS do whole new houses/castles/dungeons/quests/items/etc Expand
  24. AnonymousMC
    Nov 2, 2008
    One of the best RPGs ever made if not the best. Hands down the best RPG for the 360 and i have no idea why this is not the number 1 game for it. It has countless hours of gameplay, though you can beat it in a very short time if you just do the main quest. This is the game that sold the 360 for me, if it wasnt for this I probably wouldnt have a 360 right now.
  25. AC
    Nov 2, 2008
    A decent attempt to create a open-beautiful-world game The graphics are great. Unfortunately, they made with old style thinking leading to a frustrating leveling system, 90% of the quests is go there and there and kill kill and come back for more. My opinion it is a good game when you have nothing else to do.
  26. GabrieleAccurso
    Dec 23, 2008
    AH Oblivion! The best rpg of all time (i havn't played with morrowind) come out in year 2006 i have played it all year 2007 (all 1 year) the best graphics before crysis. Simply immense, freedom and fantasy style incredible, kinds and kinds of everything... the next generation of RPG!
  27. AnonymousMC
    Jan 30, 2009
    I rofled when I read the comment and it said whats the point of buying horse. Well the point of buying horse is that u can fastly travel in wilderness where u cant fast travel...but I do admit that there could be more voice actors. But really someone really play game because it has cool voice actors?
  28. AnonymousMC
    Jun 17, 2009
    Boring, unintuitive. This game was hailed as a masterpiece, I'm glad I tested it before buying - it's like a really poorly done version of a King's Field console game, and I LOVE first-person sword/magic fighting games. Why this received such rave reviews, I will never understand. You would have to pay ME to play this game, and again, I love RPGs, I love first personBoring, unintuitive. This game was hailed as a masterpiece, I'm glad I tested it before buying - it's like a really poorly done version of a King's Field console game, and I LOVE first-person sword/magic fighting games. Why this received such rave reviews, I will never understand. You would have to pay ME to play this game, and again, I love RPGs, I love first person swords/bows/magic type games. This game suffers horribly from repetition, lack of meat to the story beyond the initial jailbreak, and awful AI. How every guard on earth knows I stole a dinner plate from a house at 3 AM is beyond me. Travel is tedious aside from admiring the pretty countryside, which is suffering from a lack of variance in types of vegetation as well. Leveling is pointless. It actually gets harder to kill things as you gain levels. Expand
  29. FranckD
    Jul 21, 2009
    Mediocre. Beautifull but ordinary. Loosy combat system based on finger skill. You jaust have to press forward slash backward, sometime sidestep and bingo you ve gone trought all the game. The main quest is lousy and can be completed at lvl 2. Noone offer challenge due to the stupid system that let any of your ennemies ever your level. At least 50% of the classes are unplayable even going Mediocre. Beautifull but ordinary. Loosy combat system based on finger skill. You jaust have to press forward slash backward, sometime sidestep and bingo you ve gone trought all the game. The main quest is lousy and can be completed at lvl 2. Noone offer challenge due to the stupid system that let any of your ennemies ever your level. At least 50% of the classes are unplayable even going very slowly on combat since 90% of quests require bashing. Hail for the king Morrowind. Expand
  30. TimE
    Jul 22, 2009
    The game is huge, but it does not give the proper avenues for allowing you to explore it completely, such as dull quests and the tedious searching for these quests. The game felt very clunky; like when trying to pick up something, I was constantly slowed down from carrying too much. Auto-loot even picks up your enemies 10-ton rusty iron breastplates. Combat was decent and simple, but was The game is huge, but it does not give the proper avenues for allowing you to explore it completely, such as dull quests and the tedious searching for these quests. The game felt very clunky; like when trying to pick up something, I was constantly slowed down from carrying too much. Auto-loot even picks up your enemies 10-ton rusty iron breastplates. Combat was decent and simple, but was also clunky, it felt just like an FPS with a knife. The story was linear, and all the side quests were very "unimportant" and time consuming. With all the hype that this game has got, I believe even with outdated games such as Fallout 2 and Baldur's Gate had a much better 'soul" than this game because I was not able to immerse myself into this world. I was not able to bring myself to finish this game completely, after 8 hours, I was too bored to continue. Expand
  31. BobC
    Jul 24, 2009
    Just thinking of the sheer artistic talent and work that went into designing this game makes me very sad to see how lackluster the story, combat, and well, the entire game are. I have reinstalled Oblivion about 6 times now and tried to force myself to play it. Each time I do the Dark Brotherhood and Thieve's Guild quests and then quickly lose interest. I have never been able to stay Just thinking of the sheer artistic talent and work that went into designing this game makes me very sad to see how lackluster the story, combat, and well, the entire game are. I have reinstalled Oblivion about 6 times now and tried to force myself to play it. Each time I do the Dark Brotherhood and Thieve's Guild quests and then quickly lose interest. I have never been able to stay interested long enough to even finish the main story line but I hear it's about as long as some side quests in the game are. And when you're done you're left with a vast world of copy-pasted tunnels and villages and the same fields of grass over and over again occasionally interrupted by some ruins which rapidly become repetitive as well. Overall, I am giving this game a 2 merely out of how pretty it is. The combat is atrocious (mouse button 1 swing, mouse button 2 block - AMAZING FUN!), the voice acting is mediocre at best, and the UI is utter garbage and it is cumbersome to do anything with it. Oh, yeah - the NPCs are supposed to be extremely interesting with daily needs and things like that. They're still dry and boring, just like Morrowind! Only in this game, they have random impossible-to-believe conversations witih eachother such as follows: NPC 1: Did you hear about that Gray Fox thief? NPC 2: Yes NPC 3: Bye now Wow! Cool! Expand
  32. JacobF
    Jul 26, 2009
    Talk about overhyped, by a long shot. Graphically, it's pretty incredible. But all graphics do is sell a game and keep one from poking their eyes out. Anything to with the actual game content is severely lacking. The story is very bland, and honestly, just isn't very good, (which is funny, because it was praised for that). It feels more like a wild goose chase, whether you have Talk about overhyped, by a long shot. Graphically, it's pretty incredible. But all graphics do is sell a game and keep one from poking their eyes out. Anything to with the actual game content is severely lacking. The story is very bland, and honestly, just isn't very good, (which is funny, because it was praised for that). It feels more like a wild goose chase, whether you have to go find someone, or an item. Granted, there are tons of side quests, ruins, and a vast world to explore, which might redeem the problem with the issue, but it does not redeem the gameplay. The gameplay becomes severely repetitive. After you close the fifty-trillionth Oblivion gate, the game becomes very tedious, and is more like a chore than a fun game. In order to expect to go anywhere with success, you must be a spell caster. The incentive to level up is gone, because they scale the enemies to match your level. Yes, this means when you're level 35, with the best sword the game has to offer, you're still going to die trying to fight off a bandit. Also, you're stuck, for the most part, fighting the same lot of enemies the entire game. A couple bandits or wolves here... A few Mystic Dawn cult members there... A heck of a lot of Daedra everywhere... There is very little diversity in what you fight, unless you specifically go looking for something different to fight. The game partially fails in the sound department. Not to say the sounds were bad, by any means, but they were repetitive, and had a few inconsistencies. They used the same actors, over and over. Heck, the one actor they didn't repeat was killed off in the first half-hour of gameplay, and was the best one in the game (Patrick Stewart)! I mentioned some inconsistencies earlier. The conversations and voices often go against the nature of the character. If you talk to a beggar, and she sounds like an uneducated beggar (as she should) at first, wait. Ask her some stuff, and she'll suddenly sound like a well-educated noble. There wasn't a lot of music, but that doesn't bother me as much, since in games like Oblivion and Morrowind, I prefer something a little quiet, just ambience, if at all. Conclusion Overall, Oblivion is a major disappointment, and fails to live up to the hype and praise it's constantly given. The graphics are nice, so I won't deduct points there. The story is crummy, although there are lots of sidequests and things to explore and do. I'll deduct a point for the story anyway, because it can't fully redeem the poorly executed goose chase that Bethesda tried to pass off as a storyline. The gameplay is incredibly repetitive, and is incredibly difficult unless you're a spellcaster. Deduction of two points here. The leveling system is stupid, and has no incentive because of the scaling, so deduction of three points here. The sounds need a little bit of work, due to the inconsistency between conversations, and the overuse of certain actors, and under usage of others (Patrick Stewart, again). They weren't bad, but definitely not perfect. Point deducted here. The lack of tons of music didn't really bother me, so no points were deducted. In short, don't waste your money on this game. It is a blemish to the entire RPG genre, and a proof to the nearsightedness of the entire game critic industry. Expand
  33. EthanKunz
    Jul 28, 2009
    This is probably the best game I've ever played, and I've played them all. While it has some minor flaws in npcs, it makes up for this in almost every other way. What really added to the game for me were the mods that hardcore gamers have been coming up with. I'm still playing it!
  34. AnonymousMC
    Jul 29, 2009
    Good game, great gameplay, nice quest, the expansions are cool (shirvering isles) you get your moneys worth of gameplay (around maybe 250+ hours if u do every quest) but the game isnt perfect, i played it un patached and un modded and even though it rain fairly, i felt the graphics werent as good as i could get them to be (even though i have a lower end dell, i can get insanly goodGood game, great gameplay, nice quest, the expansions are cool (shirvering isles) you get your moneys worth of gameplay (around maybe 250+ hours if u do every quest) but the game isnt perfect, i played it un patached and un modded and even though it rain fairly, i felt the graphics werent as good as i could get them to be (even though i have a lower end dell, i can get insanly good graphics in games like call of duty, and left 4 dead etc) sometimes if i opened it through steam it would close to my desktop wich would be annoying when im exploring a cave because i would need to start over. Also not enough voice actors, one time when i was in cloud ruler temple i heard to charcters with the same voice actor have a conversation. Leveling system can get annoying aswell.
    the quest in the game are good, only memerable ones are the ones such as the main quest line, the dark brotherhood questline (which i play on every charcter i make because of how fun it is) have to admit though some enimes arent real creative, and i think bethsidia gave up too quickly (only one real expansion pack, knights of nine is really more of a bunch of addons on a CD with OBLVION stamped on the cover) campared to a fully expanded Fallout 3, not as good but is still a good game i would pick it up on steam as its at a fair price there.
  35. RC
    Aug 1, 2009
    This is a great game. Hell I don;t even need to mod it in order to have a good time. Ive played this game exactly 48 times over and each time was fun. The graphics are a little outdated now, but it's still not bad for today's generation. The quest are fun, but are lacking meaning, you're mostly doing it for money so you can buy new stuff. Some of the quest are just not This is a great game. Hell I don;t even need to mod it in order to have a good time. Ive played this game exactly 48 times over and each time was fun. The graphics are a little outdated now, but it's still not bad for today's generation. The quest are fun, but are lacking meaning, you're mostly doing it for money so you can buy new stuff. Some of the quest are just not interesting. The AI is great (when it came out) today it's ok, considering this was made in 2005. Overall though the game is long and you have a massive modding community to help keep it fresh all in all this game is great and can't wait for the next elder scrolls. Expand
  36. AnonymousMC
    Aug 11, 2009
    Very expansive world to explore, and a plethora of side quests to complete make this a very good RPG. Unfortunately, the game is marred by serious design flaws and a main storyline that leaves much to be desired. There are mods to fix the worst of its problems (such as the unbalanced creature leveling), but a game should not have to rely upon its community modders to fix their product. 7/10.
  37. DavidL
    Aug 17, 2009
    I give this game a 5 because it requires "Fan Made Content' to even make it enjoyable, even after having mods toppled over mods it still don't entertain me as much as my other games do. Morrowind was far better than this game. Morrowind kept you busy even if you where not playing the main plot. The problems with oblivion is every thing that they said was good about it. 1.I I give this game a 5 because it requires "Fan Made Content' to even make it enjoyable, even after having mods toppled over mods it still don't entertain me as much as my other games do. Morrowind was far better than this game. Morrowind kept you busy even if you where not playing the main plot. The problems with oblivion is every thing that they said was good about it. 1.I can't walk up "steep hills" when there really not all that steep. Why can't they have the character crawl up the hill at least with coded textures that make the character do stuff when they touch the texture or some thing that makes sense please. 2.You character can't climb up ledges and pull him/her self up. 3.The magic effects are boring. All i have seen was fire balls, thunder bolts and stuff alike etc. I have not seen any thing epic like a meteor shower or a fire storm or fire arrows or a huge shock wave that shakes the ground and makes cracks and stuff etc. 4.Combat is slow and boring. There is a mod that fixes this, but still with out good maneuverability combat will also fail. (Refer to 1) 5.The story line was great and i give them a 10 for it, but it lacked in game play so it was like watching a movie with a single ending. 6. Random encounters took for ever to re spawn or you won't even fight them because only 1-3 monsters spawn at a time. To get any action you had to look for quests and there hard as heck to find for such a big game. So even though you can go any where you still had to do quests to get any real action so technically the game was linear. 7. Why do you even level up? Why do you even have abilities? Why do you even have any thing for this game when you can beat it at level 1? 8. The character creation concept was awesome, but didn't work right because it takes mins to hours to make a good looking character. The facial hair was a complete rip off because it wasn't facial here it was just coloring. Games that are far older than this had beards and more maneuverability like prince of Persia or dungeon lords. 9.This game has some advantages like being huge (Why is there no MP support?) and the graphics. 10.This game is just a walk in the park. Nothing that caught my eye. I care about game play more than visuals all though i do admit that visuals are very very important for games. So even if a game has bad graphics it can still look nice if it has a lot of detail the objects plus the game play to back it up. Games should be great with many features from the start you shouldn't make your customers do all the work by having to mod the thing inside out. I do love modding i don' t mean to stop make modding tools, i mean make a game that is good enough so that we don't have to make overhauls. This is all my opinion of course. Excuse my typing i,am young and not perfect at English even though it is my own language. Expand
  38. CJW
    Aug 18, 2009
    Definitely the one of the best, if not the best game, I have ever played. A must play for fans of RPG's, or anyone who is looking for an RPG experience that isn't hardcore. Even though there's a couple of little niggles, it still fells finished, polished, and the DLC adds so much more depth to the game.
  39. NeilB
    Aug 29, 2009
    I've never voted on anything, but feel strongly that this game is not worth a grade higher than a three for the simple reason that it feels more like a chore than a game. You spend a tremendous amount of time juggling inventory, repairing weapons, opening locks creating potions and cleaning out bland fortresses and ruins. The monsters/enemies are all the same...fighting a skeleton is I've never voted on anything, but feel strongly that this game is not worth a grade higher than a three for the simple reason that it feels more like a chore than a game. You spend a tremendous amount of time juggling inventory, repairing weapons, opening locks creating potions and cleaning out bland fortresses and ruins. The monsters/enemies are all the same...fighting a skeleton is no different than fighting a bandit or a ghost...and the weapons and spells are also incredibly boring, especially compared with the Baldur's Gate series. Pick a weapon (e.g. sword, axe) add some kind of cold/fire/shock damage to it and that's all. Same for the spells...fire a projectile of heat/cold/shock and that's all (other than heal, which you will use constantly). The game offers an enormous number of spells, weapons, armor and potions, but there is nothing to get you excited or make you feel that the quest was worth it. It's an impressive game for the freedoms it offers, but it is extremely boring, repetitive and worst of all, NOT FUN. Expand
  40. SD
    Aug 31, 2009
    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. It may be beautiful, but that can scarcely hide the wafer thin plot or the mind-numbing repetition. Creating a great virtual world is one thing, and here this has been achieved. But a great virtual world needs to be inhabited to beings that aren't just clones of each other, and it needs to contain a game that's not just being an armed Fed Ex guy in a Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. It may be beautiful, but that can scarcely hide the wafer thin plot or the mind-numbing repetition. Creating a great virtual world is one thing, and here this has been achieved. But a great virtual world needs to be inhabited to beings that aren't just clones of each other, and it needs to contain a game that's not just being an armed Fed Ex guy in a pretty mythological world. Expand
  41. James
    Sep 5, 2009
    Dull, repetitive, unfinished, not original and MASSIVELY over-hyped! Oblivion is a prime example of the deterioration of quality in the PC gaming industry. Everything about this game is flawed and dislikable. Sure, you have a huge world to roam around and explore but why bother, the landscape design has just been repeated over and over again. Its utterly uninteresting. The dialogue is Dull, repetitive, unfinished, not original and MASSIVELY over-hyped! Oblivion is a prime example of the deterioration of quality in the PC gaming industry. Everything about this game is flawed and dislikable. Sure, you have a huge world to roam around and explore but why bother, the landscape design has just been repeated over and over again. Its utterly uninteresting. The dialogue is laughable. Whos brilliant idea was it to have the same actors (about 5) doing the the voice for the entire game population. And they are rubbish at it. They sound so flat and borring. None of the NPC characters feel like they have any depth. None what so ever! But its not just the voice quality which is poor, its the script as a whole. Its not gripping in the slightest, it feels lifeless. The game art and design is horrible. The characters for instance are for the ugliest Ive ever witnessed in a game. And their movements are all static and robotic, just another element that breaks your immersion from the game. Gameplay is awfull. Combat is a matter of frantic mouse clicking. Attack, block attack block, or as it becomes soon enough, attack, attack, attack, attack... win or run away. There is nothing about it to make you want more. And the leveling system... I mean come on. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING! As you advance level so do your enemies??? So you have no real character development. Its pointless. Theres no reward for gaining skill and no motivation to continue. When you get to the highest skill level you want to be kicking ass. Not to be equal with your opponment like you were when you first started the game. The menus, this is appalling. It forces you into flicking back and forth between each section. No shortcuts. Irriatating in the least. The games story... yawn... nothing compelling in the slightest. Infact I never did complete Oblivion as I lost all interest. Now, I've rated this game a ZERO. It deserves it. I cannot understand why people are rating this game 10/10. My guess is they are kids who still have the fortunate ability to use their imaginations to over come all the short commings this game has. I have however no guess as to why the major industry critics have awarded Oblivion so much. Whatever happened to great game design with new innovative concepts??? Oblivion is a huge dissapointment that was a complete waste of my hard earn money. My advice is dont buy it, and dont be duped by all the 10/10 ratings! Expand
  42. AnonymousMC
    Sep 5, 2009
    1. To compare it to Fallout 3, unless you really would rather just go over a repeating landscape for a few hours and kill some enlarged animals along the way, this game has more content then any of you can make up. The DLC are broken, buggy and empty, quests arent really anything worth speaking of, and there's only about 7 of them (side quests) so that should explain itself. The main1. To compare it to Fallout 3, unless you really would rather just go over a repeating landscape for a few hours and kill some enlarged animals along the way, this game has more content then any of you can make up. The DLC are broken, buggy and empty, quests arent really anything worth speaking of, and there's only about 7 of them (side quests) so that should explain itself. The main quest had it's points, that's all that game has going for it unless you play it for the guts. 2. To Morrowind fans - Oblivion is VERY sorry for being user friendly. You guys are some of the most dogmatic idiots I've ever read of. 3. Leveling system - Propose a better one, don't just complain. There are plenty of other options for it if you play on PC and are willing to use mods. 4. Combat - Same as above. It's not great, but there ARE many ways you can make it fitting to you. 5. Quests - Wow. Show me an RPG that isn't just "go get this item, kill this group/person, investigate this/that, clear out this cave". There isn't one. Rating 10 to balance out some of the ridiculous, unexplained 0's. Will it make a difference, I doubt it. At least no one with any internet-savvy will take you seriously, and just know you're the regular drama loving fool. Expand
  43. AdamC
    Sep 6, 2009
    I wanted really, really badly to like this game. It's absolutely beautiful (if you can run it that way, of course), and it's got some nice IDEAS as far as leveling goes. It's great that the NPCs have conversations with each other, it's great that there are theoretically consequences to your actions, it's wonderful that there are so many places to explore and I wanted really, really badly to like this game. It's absolutely beautiful (if you can run it that way, of course), and it's got some nice IDEAS as far as leveling goes. It's great that the NPCs have conversations with each other, it's great that there are theoretically consequences to your actions, it's wonderful that there are so many places to explore and quest, and the twitch combat is a breath of fresh air for those of us who really don't like watching our characters swing once every five seconds based on a dice roll. Unfortunately, none of these things are well-executed. Leveling based on the skills you use is intuitive and engaging and even if it's not a brand new idea, should have been a really wonderful way to feel like your character was getting stronger. Yet Oblivion has probably the worst leveling system I've ever experienced. Each skill is connected to an attribute. When you level up a skill, you gain a bonus to its connected attribute when you level. That means that to get the max (or close to) bonus for each level, you're going to have to grind away at minor skills (otherwise you'll level too quickly and won't receive a bonus). And if you choose just to play your character without trying to achieve bonuses, then monsters -- which level at the same time as you -- will ultimately surpass you in power. It also means a level one character is potentially the strongest character you can ever create. There's not much incentive to level. Of course if you don't level at all, you won't be able to use any new weapons or armor, because those begin dropping based on your level. And yeah, the highwaymen uses the same kind of armor as that bandit warlord at the end of the dungeon. The storyline begins with wonderful urgency, but as soon as the tutorial is over, you can basically ignore it completely. There are Oblivion Gates opening everywhere, but you could just leave them for like 2 years if you want, go do other things. The invasion will wait until you're good and ready to confront it. I'm all for open-ended and ambiguous, but removing structure entirely means that I really never felt engaged with the world I was playing in. One more problem is with the game's "Radiant AI." It's awesome that they leave their houses and go about town and do various things, but if they're going to have conversations...well...the voice acting for the most part is bad, but most of the conversations sound like Public Service Announcements anywa. "How are things with you?" "The [armor shop] in town makes great armor." "Bye." Spellmaking is a great idea, but there are only about four different spell animations, and although there are an IMMENSE number of spells (because you can make your own), there really aren't very many effects, which means you're basically casting the same four or five spells the entire game long. This isn't so different from other games, but it seems like the system here was setup to be so much more interesting than it turned out to be. Making up your own class is great, especially because if you want to play a warrior, you can't pick any of the preset ones due to the aforementioned leveling system. So essentially there's only one class I'll ever pick: custom. The game is absolutely huge and tried to do so much, but, at least for me, failed to really engage me in any meaningful way. This was a really great engine for an Role-playing game, I just wish there'd been a roleplaying game to play. Expand
  44. JacobL
    Sep 12, 2009
    Oblivion, is simply brilliant game! The plot line is imersive, the gameplay is thrilling, the adventuring is invigerating! When it was first released, most common computer systems had a hard time playing it. But now, with rigs that can play Crysis at 250 FPS, Oblivion's graphics system is merly a tick on ones RAM. I recomend all action/adventure gamers imediatly go to there local Oblivion, is simply brilliant game! The plot line is imersive, the gameplay is thrilling, the adventuring is invigerating! When it was first released, most common computer systems had a hard time playing it. But now, with rigs that can play Crysis at 250 FPS, Oblivion's graphics system is merly a tick on ones RAM. I recomend all action/adventure gamers imediatly go to there local game store and pick up a copy! Bravo Bethesda for creating such a wonderful game! Expand
  45. HenryS
    Sep 12, 2009
    This is the best RPG ever, EVER. I have finished this game on three difirent platforms (360 (RROD), PS3 (YLOD) and PC. And not once have I found this game repetive. Every time I play again I find a new quest a new itme, or I just repeat the same quests just for the hell of it. Those who think this game is Lacklustre obiously have no taste in games or this isn't their genre for in This is the best RPG ever, EVER. I have finished this game on three difirent platforms (360 (RROD), PS3 (YLOD) and PC. And not once have I found this game repetive. Every time I play again I find a new quest a new itme, or I just repeat the same quests just for the hell of it. Those who think this game is Lacklustre obiously have no taste in games or this isn't their genre for in which case shouldn't be reviewing it. Best RPG ever. Expand
  46. MarcD
    Sep 17, 2009
    The only department this game is a winner is the make up department. This game is really poor compared to previous TES titles. The terrain althought claimed wider than Morrowind give a shrinked feeling. You can cross it in 20 real time minutes jog on its wider part, talk about a country, 6KM long 4 Km wide if much If you take ingame time just multiply by 10 at a 12km jog, patetic. In this The only department this game is a winner is the make up department. This game is really poor compared to previous TES titles. The terrain althought claimed wider than Morrowind give a shrinked feeling. You can cross it in 20 real time minutes jog on its wider part, talk about a country, 6KM long 4 Km wide if much If you take ingame time just multiply by 10 at a 12km jog, patetic. In this game the player (you) is treated like a complete moron, or the developer where too lazy to write directions. A compass lead you straight to all missions. Talking about missions the main mission could be good is many bad game design weren t choosen. Like the auto leveling system that let your ennemies exactly the same lvl you are. Like the ability to not lvl. Like the possibility to finish the game at LVL 2. Like many immortal NPC, rendering your personnal choices irrelevant. Like combat not being tied to your stats anymore, its 100% finger related without the need of any skill: Forward, slash, backward or sidestep, slash rince and repeat. No matter who is your ennemy this will work every time, always 100% guaranteed or your money back. Combat lead to quest 90% of the quests are combat related, so any class non, or having poor vocation to combat related is a no go, So in the end your personal choices are irrelevant. In Oblivion the less relevant parts are the player choice. Did i speak about how irrelevent the side missions are, very few fun but absolutely none interesting to the main plot. And why would they be since the ennemies LVL with you what is be the relevance of getting stronger faster richer and even lvl up ? You should be in a the capital state of an empire, But there s absolutely nothing that give you this feeling, you could very well be in alska summer or whatever. Oblivion is at least 50% of all the TESS Lore. No wonder the previous game design team where fired or quited in middle project. You really feel it. The game sweat shallowness, misconcepts, and faulty to lazy design. I could go on pages. But to go to the point this game is an insult to the RPG gaming and its player. Thinkin bettter this game doesnt deserve a 2. Expand
  47. LeviA.
    Sep 22, 2009
    This is the best game I have ever played. Ignore the whiny little kids with poor grammar skills that rated it low. They probably played it for about 20 minutes before stopping. The game may also require somewhat of an imagination too play. I have had this game for 4 years and still haven't completed the main quest and I still play it once every week. It is the best game ever made.
  48. AnonymousMC
    Oct 1, 2009
    This game is by far the best RPG to offer to those who love Magick and Enchanting storys alltho the game has somewhat of a short campain the Mods made for this game keep more coming and coming with 100's of quest's in game and countless mods being made by fans Oblivion will never get boring to those who wait and give it a chance I myself have been playing this game for 2 yearsThis game is by far the best RPG to offer to those who love Magick and Enchanting storys alltho the game has somewhat of a short campain the Mods made for this game keep more coming and coming with 100's of quest's in game and countless mods being made by fans Oblivion will never get boring to those who wait and give it a chance I myself have been playing this game for 2 years and am not bored yet instead I love that Bethesda lets modders alter the game as they want in some feeling I think Bethesda gets a chuckle outa seeing how far we can make oblivion go therefor Im giving this game a 10 Expand
  49. AlexM
    Oct 2, 2009
    I playing games since 1993. I played evrything from Tetris to Baldurs Gate. And i have to say this is best game ever made.Best RPG ever made , Best 3D RPG ever made , Best Graphics ever made , Best modding system ever made. Best Lore ever made. Oblivion is just Brilliant , if u didnt liked this game then u have no taste in beautiful things.
  50. JohnB
    Oct 12, 2009
    The game has a lot of content and enviroments are beautiful. Unfortunately there are some serious flaws. All the npc- characters in the game are ass ugly, generic and they act like robots. There are only adults in the game, and no one has a beard. I'm glad that they didn't include dwarves in this game since they too would propably be as tall as anyone and without beard. The The game has a lot of content and enviroments are beautiful. Unfortunately there are some serious flaws. All the npc- characters in the game are ass ugly, generic and they act like robots. There are only adults in the game, and no one has a beard. I'm glad that they didn't include dwarves in this game since they too would propably be as tall as anyone and without beard. The voice acting is mostly horrendous, and there are 2 or 3 music tracks in the whole game. Expand
  51. JasonB
    Oct 20, 2009
    There seem to be people who hate on this game simply because it's not a "traditional" RPG. That is, in a game like this which is truly open; your own personal plot isn't spoonfed to you. Your own personal character history, motivation, and actions are all up to you and your imagination. If you don't have imagination and don't want to get lost in a non-linear world, There seem to be people who hate on this game simply because it's not a "traditional" RPG. That is, in a game like this which is truly open; your own personal plot isn't spoonfed to you. Your own personal character history, motivation, and actions are all up to you and your imagination. If you don't have imagination and don't want to get lost in a non-linear world, this isn't for you. As far as the main quest goes, yes it's short and rather unimpressive but much like old RPGs the wonder of the game is in the side-quests and off-the-path interactions. I put dozens of hours into this game without touching the main quest for days on end; I've played through four times and STILL find new things to uncover with each playthrough The game is relaxing when you want it to be, tense when it needs to be, and always engrossing. I don't know why the "old school" crowd is so venomous because it doesn't adhere to the rules of other RPGs. Why does everything have to be the same? Don't see Oblivion for what it isn't, see it for what it is. I can appreciate and love both types. 9 because while the game most definitely deserves its acclaim, some of its niggles had no business being there, like the console-ish menu system and repetitive voice actors. Expand
  52. PieterD.
    Mar 3, 2006
    this game is going to rock. the graphics are awsome the gameplay is one of the best in years. this is going to be one of the best RPG's in years.
  53. RobC.
    Mar 21, 2006
    The trees in this game look realer than the trees in my backyard.
  54. AeliusS.
    Mar 21, 2006
    A step back. The hype was just that. Doom3 and HL2 were both superior games technically speaking. Many of the hyped aspects are poor. The game cannot scale back like D3. The NPCs talk with each othe in non-sequitors, just like the NPCs in Kingping or Postal2. The voice work often sounds like a mod, complete with differing room verb. Some NPCs even speak using a mix-n-match of voices A step back. The hype was just that. Doom3 and HL2 were both superior games technically speaking. Many of the hyped aspects are poor. The game cannot scale back like D3. The NPCs talk with each othe in non-sequitors, just like the NPCs in Kingping or Postal2. The voice work often sounds like a mod, complete with differing room verb. Some NPCs even speak using a mix-n-match of voices depending on the topic. I am so upset that Bethesda would do this to us. Especially after the dissapointing FPS point and click Call Of Cthulu. Expand
  55. Wes
    Mar 21, 2006
    awesome game. The world is giant and I am going a good portion of my life playing this game. This game smashes Morrowind to pieces. Completely meets the hype, and my expectations.
  56. UweP.
    Mar 22, 2006
    Tomorrow was pretty cool, but this is way more cool because you get to ride a horse and kidnap young maidens in the woods!
  57. Cactus
    Mar 22, 2006
    Aelius makes a good point about the production values with some of the voices, but most of this game is grat and the gameplay is excellent, with massive regions, on-the-fly loading acrosss large maps, and amazingly fun and detailed combat. Even better, it's running fine on my 9800pro with some pretty nice graphics, though certainly not as pretty as say the XBOX 360 version. Aelius makes a good point about the production values with some of the voices, but most of this game is grat and the gameplay is excellent, with massive regions, on-the-fly loading acrosss large maps, and amazingly fun and detailed combat. Even better, it's running fine on my 9800pro with some pretty nice graphics, though certainly not as pretty as say the XBOX 360 version. Definately work a pick up. Expand
  58. TimN.
    Mar 22, 2006
    This looks like one of those games that make a change in game history. Best aspects are the radient AI, physics engine, horse mounts and a cool thief system, other then that the content will let you play for hours, if you do manage to run out you can use the conrstuction set or download other people's mods. If you love RPGs then this is for you.
  59. HarryR.
    Mar 22, 2006
    Excellent rpg. Does everything it promises, looks good, and redefines the rpg genre. Be warned though, you'll lose a lot of time while playing.
  60. Darkside
    Mar 22, 2006
    its so cool it is way cooler then morrowind and that stole alot of my life i can see that this one will steal even more of my liife and i have only played it for a day. Aelius S. has no clue on what he is talking about. this game is exelent in every way and should not be compared to doom 3 which cant be compared to it becuse oblivion is better then that game.
  61. Brian
    Mar 22, 2006
    The only complaint I've had with Oblivion is the texturing at a small distance is very low-quality, which makes you wince. Once you overlook that, however, the game is incredibly gorgeous, the combat is incredibly fun, it's incredibly deep, the music and sound effects (especially the arrow sounds changing depending on what type of surface it hits) are spectacular... incredible The only complaint I've had with Oblivion is the texturing at a small distance is very low-quality, which makes you wince. Once you overlook that, however, the game is incredibly gorgeous, the combat is incredibly fun, it's incredibly deep, the music and sound effects (especially the arrow sounds changing depending on what type of surface it hits) are spectacular... incredible game. Buy it. Expand
  62. Jeremy
    Mar 22, 2006
    The economy is still broken. A vendor selling items costing as much as 5000gp only has 1000gp cash on-hand? How does that make sense? I stopped playing Morrowind when I found loot that could not be sold anywhere in the universe. Idiotic.
  63. Shawn
    Mar 22, 2006
    A very great open world RPG. The best so far =)
  64. JulesP.
    Mar 22, 2006
    Great game just played it for five houres amazing. Sets a new standard for rpg's
  65. DavidM.
    Mar 22, 2006
    I don't like to attack people in these reviews. However Aelius is completely off-base. First of all let me address one of his points: The NPCs do sometimes talk in non-sequitors or change voice pitches depending on topic. 95 percent of the time however, they are great and a HUGE leap forward over Elder Scrolls 3. That's really the only thing in Aelius's review with merit. I don't like to attack people in these reviews. However Aelius is completely off-base. First of all let me address one of his points: The NPCs do sometimes talk in non-sequitors or change voice pitches depending on topic. 95 percent of the time however, they are great and a HUGE leap forward over Elder Scrolls 3. That's really the only thing in Aelius's review with merit. The world is beautiful. The game has an incredible physics engine. Also, they made the combat much more intense and immediate than the wack-a-mole hits of ES3. Other points: What the heck does "cannot scale back like D3" mean? I don't even know what Aelius is talking about. Aelius's point about Doom 3 and Half Life 2 being technically better than this game is purely objective. This game's interiors match up well with Doom 3. There is realistic shadowing and great texture/animation work. Now against Half Life 2, that is an unfair comparison as HL2 has no free-form outdoor areas. A better comparison would be Far Cry and Oblivion holds it's own there as well. There is a 2 mile draw distance in this game and it looks great. The quests are also interesting and varied. There are problems but is this a 6/10 game? Absolutely not, and only a bitter over-hyped maniac would rate it as such. Expand
  66. JamieS.
    Mar 23, 2006
    Oblivion is a great game. If you like RPG's, you HAVE to buy this game. But there are some bad points too. First the good: The world is huge and interesting. The trees, grass, water and geometry are interesting. The menu systems/inventory management works well. I'm looking forward to playing it for a long time. It's a quantum leap graphically over any RPG around currently. Oblivion is a great game. If you like RPG's, you HAVE to buy this game. But there are some bad points too. First the good: The world is huge and interesting. The trees, grass, water and geometry are interesting. The menu systems/inventory management works well. I'm looking forward to playing it for a long time. It's a quantum leap graphically over any RPG around currently. Now the bad: They cheated us. The game-review screenshots you saw are NOT WHAT THE GAME LOOKS LIKE. I have an XFX 7800 GS card. I pumped all the settings up to max, all the view distances up to max. And it still doesn't look like the review screenshots. In the reviews, the world view scales beautifully, textured as far as the eye can see, and grassed and planted too. But in the real game, the only thing you can see in the distance are trees and general geometry. Grass and even ground textures disappear and are replaced by what looks like blurry green muck. ANd you know how they boasted in the video preview about the markers that appear on the map to show you places of interest? Well ,the truth is, they HAD to put them in - because buildings disappear at such a short distance that, looking across river to a hillside where a building is supposed to be (no more than 100 meters away!) --- it's invisible! Completely missing! THAT'S the real reason for the map "markers". Basically, it looks like what they tried to do - and what they showed us in the video previews - just isn't possible on todays hardware (And I've got a fairly modern system; I bought the video crd 3 weeks ago for oblivion). The problem is, they seem to be guilty of what a lot of game makers do these days - showing impossibly beautiful screeen shots to capture our interest, only to present us with a downgraded actual game experience later on (Oh yeah - whatever happenedto the shadows??? Check the first dungeon to see what I mean!!) Don;t let my review put you off. It's stilla GREAT game any ROG lover must have. But for god's sake guys, stop cheating us in the previews with graphcis that don;t match the final product. (SOny did this with PS2, AOE 3 did this, and so did many others. WOnder what gothic 3 will REALLY look like compared to it's beautyiful screenshots?) Expand
  67. DonS.
    Mar 23, 2006
    Excellent game! Beautiful graphics that haven't, so far, caused game performance to suffer, engaging story line, fun combat system and a pretty seamless transition between outdoor areas. I played for nine straight hours after gettijng the game late in the afternoon. Half of the time I was so busy just soaking up the ambience that I'd have to back-track and actually explore and Excellent game! Beautiful graphics that haven't, so far, caused game performance to suffer, engaging story line, fun combat system and a pretty seamless transition between outdoor areas. I played for nine straight hours after gettijng the game late in the afternoon. Half of the time I was so busy just soaking up the ambience that I'd have to back-track and actually explore and interact. If it continues to live up to this early promise, it will sit atop my list of very best games! Expand
  68. HenryT.
    Mar 23, 2006
    I've both PC & XBox360 version and I can tell you the PC version has the better graphics and resolution by far. Other than that a similar gaming experience. I'm just hooked, 1 more day to the weekend...
  69. ShoNuff
    Mar 24, 2006
    Even with the minor sound issue I initially had with the game, this has got to be the foremost role-playing game on the market. I was cautiously optimistic after hearing the Bethesda folks made the main story easier to follow, but after 6 hours of game play, I can tell you it is still as open-ended as ever. I haven
  70. LukasK.
    Mar 24, 2006
    It's look lovely. It's run on slow machine. Oblivion could be the next level of RPG games but the AI is terrible. Sometime enemies don't know about me. Sometime fall into water and can't came back. Sometimes simply kill each other with friendly fire. Another thing. How the soldier in this side of island know that I stole 1 silver plate from the opposite side? Yes there It's look lovely. It's run on slow machine. Oblivion could be the next level of RPG games but the AI is terrible. Sometime enemies don't know about me. Sometime fall into water and can't came back. Sometimes simply kill each other with friendly fire. Another thing. How the soldier in this side of island know that I stole 1 silver plate from the opposite side? Yes there are some bugs but most of these bugs will be removed witch patch. As I hope. Expand
  71. Betawatcher
    Mar 24, 2006
    Excellent game, 12 hours in & haven't even touched the main quest.
  72. JerryN.
    Mar 24, 2006
    This game is amazing. It's been hyped for a long time, and let me tell you, it delivers and then some. The graphics are spectacular. The addition of voice to every bit of dialogue is wonderful. The traveling sytem is great. The quest system is a wonderful improvement over Morrowind. Some of the peopl complain about some seriously rtivial factors. Factors that could only be an issue This game is amazing. It's been hyped for a long time, and let me tell you, it delivers and then some. The graphics are spectacular. The addition of voice to every bit of dialogue is wonderful. The traveling sytem is great. The quest system is a wonderful improvement over Morrowind. Some of the peopl complain about some seriously rtivial factors. Factors that could only be an issue ina game this daring and expansive, as no other has anyhting close to the sheer amount of depth and attention to detail. Even the side quests you'll likely never even find are really well done. The whole thinig just reeks of quality. It runs well on mid range systems, and has very scalable settings. In fact, why are you reading this and not buying/playing Oblivion right now? It's undoubtedly the best RPG ever made. Possibly the best game ever. It's not without it's small flaws, but those are easily dismissed when appreciating this game for what it is. If you can't do that, you are asking way too much and you should go back to playing all the other "perfect" RPGs. Expand
    Mar 25, 2006
    Brilliant! The landscapes are stunning. It does for gaming what Lord of the Rings ddid for films.
  74. MiKE
    Mar 25, 2006
    WOW WOW WOW!! The graphics are stunning, HUGE enivornments to wonder in, crystal clean music, with voices! Excellent game!!!
  75. HoracioP.
    Mar 25, 2006
    Es exelente. Un juego que no tiene desperdicios
  76. BrandonM.
    Mar 26, 2006
    First off " Doom3 and HL2 were both superior games technically speaking. " Aelius I have both D3 and HL2 and the only thing and I mean the only thing I can think of that made one of these titles superior to oblivion was HL2 lip sync, it was much more advanced and the background textures looked more polished but with an engine trying to do as much as it can for the outside environments and First off " Doom3 and HL2 were both superior games technically speaking. " Aelius I have both D3 and HL2 and the only thing and I mean the only thing I can think of that made one of these titles superior to oblivion was HL2 lip sync, it was much more advanced and the background textures looked more polished but with an engine trying to do as much as it can for the outside environments and all ready some long load times on the xbox 360 (yes I did by the pc and have no problems there) there not going to include high res textures for everything but nothing else I could see was superior. Is the game buged? Yes, some problems with quests and the stealing system definatly needs to be changed because how are they going to know that a spoon I stole is in fact stolen when no one saw me do it? Have I heard of other problems, of course but at least most of them are not as severe as Morrowind when it was first released. The only major complaints I have is the removale of the minor skills (you only have major skills to level up on now) and many other skills are now gone, I don't feel that there is any less customization involved for the players as far as items go but it does feel less flexable for players to actually progress them the way that they want. The new way to use the speechcraft skill is indeed ludacrist, I also have a high end pc and the draw distance for the outdoor buildings needs to be looked into because all I see with building in my direct line of view is see popups when walking towards them but coming over hills or through the forest its fine because something is obscuring your view anyways. Those are my only rants about so what do I like? Literally everything else, so much so I can't describe them all in this vote! This maybe a spoiler but if you find something that can cast electrical damage, find the nearest body of water than cast it into the water and you will see an awesome effect. Why did I give this a 9 then when I like it so much? Simple even though the bugs are few and far between and there are some petty annoyances with some of the systems it does take away from the imerssion factor which is what any rpg tries to do with annoying but you can't like everything there is but don't let these problems distract from what is done really really well, besides what good is a pc game with out a patch? oh and mods too! Expand
  77. EricW.
    Mar 26, 2006
    More than a video game, it is an alternate world to lose yourself in. Worth the price of the game just for the books and lore in the game, and that is just one small part of the whole.
  78. CarlosB.
    Mar 26, 2006
    Impressive game... it is really unexpective. La polla!!! este juego es la polla!!! ya os lo podeis comprar... los graficos estan de puta madre... Vale la pena... Un gran trabajo hay en este videojuego...
  79. Splinky
    Mar 26, 2006
    This game is flat out amazing. I have never played a game of this depth and scope. The plot in incredibley involving. The quests are challenging, the detail is incredible. Ther is just such an amzing amount to do. The only thing stopping me giving it a 10 is the fact that to truly experience this game ( on the pc version) you will need a fairly hefty machine.
  80. JamesD.
    Mar 27, 2006
    Morrowind was one of my favorite games... Oblivion improves on it in every single way exept one! The awsome leveling system from Morrowind returns. Alchemy is a joy to perform. I have a top of the line gaming PC, and I would say it is absolutely the best looking game ever, the Oblivion Gates are the best effect I've seen in a game. The fighting system is more fun than oblivion, and Morrowind was one of my favorite games... Oblivion improves on it in every single way exept one! The awsome leveling system from Morrowind returns. Alchemy is a joy to perform. I have a top of the line gaming PC, and I would say it is absolutely the best looking game ever, the Oblivion Gates are the best effect I've seen in a game. The fighting system is more fun than oblivion, and magic is lots of fun. The new journaling system makes figuring out what to do on a quest after a long break easy. No complaints except: 9 instead of 10 because the menu system is perhaps the worst menu system ever on a Windows XP game. At level 20 you have 50 spells to cast, but you have to scroll through them 7 at a time with only 8 hot keys. Swapping dagger for a bow is tedious (my hot keys are used up for magic already). Basically, the menu interface of Oblivion is terrible, but at least the game pauses while you suffer thru the 1980's console reject screens. The interface is so bad I would have given the game a 5 my first couple days playing... but I've gotten used to it. Expand
  81. JoshV.
    Mar 27, 2006
    words can not properly describe my love for this game, it is a world into its self. no person can describe this world to someone who hasnt played it. so expansive that i played 45 hours the first weekend that i had it and i completed the main series of quests. it would have gotten a 10 but i tend to stand to close to doors when i open them and on a rare occasion when the door opens tword words can not properly describe my love for this game, it is a world into its self. no person can describe this world to someone who hasnt played it. so expansive that i played 45 hours the first weekend that i had it and i completed the main series of quests. it would have gotten a 10 but i tend to stand to close to doors when i open them and on a rare occasion when the door opens tword me i get smashed into the wall and end up clipping through into a giant ocean below the level also the menu was a pain, i dont need to elaborate on that the only other gripe was that there where too many people that looked too much like martin and i couldnt seem to get my person to look just right. Expand
  82. SiE
    Mar 28, 2006
    I don't usually like RPG's but after reading a few reviews I thought i would try this game. I'm pleased i did as this is an excellent game, one of the best i have played. The plot line so far has been very involving and the graphics stunning. As others have said I think the interface ciuld be better but other than that there are no gripes from me. The sheer amount of I don't usually like RPG's but after reading a few reviews I thought i would try this game. I'm pleased i did as this is an excellent game, one of the best i have played. The plot line so far has been very involving and the graphics stunning. As others have said I think the interface ciuld be better but other than that there are no gripes from me. The sheer amount of content must embaress other developers who seem to feel its fine to put oout a game which can be completed in 10 hours. After 20 hours playing i seem to have barely scratched the surface of the main story. Expand
  83. FrankieP.
    Mar 28, 2006
    It's true; PC specifications will dictate the choppy factor / framerate performance of this game. THAT is the ONLY determining factor in whether you get the most out of this game or not because if you do have a top-of-the-range machine, the design, gameplay, graphics and overall immersive quality of this game will put you in gaming heaven and have you shaking your head in the sheer It's true; PC specifications will dictate the choppy factor / framerate performance of this game. THAT is the ONLY determining factor in whether you get the most out of this game or not because if you do have a top-of-the-range machine, the design, gameplay, graphics and overall immersive quality of this game will put you in gaming heaven and have you shaking your head in the sheer wonder of it all. Yes; if this were a work of art, it would be the Mona Lisa of the gaming world - no question. If you only have a 2.4ghz processor with 768MB RAM and a low-end Radeon 9600XT graphics card (as I have) then the game will have you shaking your head in sheer frustration at not having the high end machine you wish you had. Don't get me wrong, there is still lots of fun to be had playing this game on a mid-range system - it's just that I feel I am missing out on the full quality of the game. (There is a noticeable framerate situation in parts of cities and towns and choppy chop chop shenanigens when a-galloping and a-roaming around on horse.) And the actual gameplay? Top notch!! It's not the type of game where you just jump in and hack and slash at all monsters around you (like Diablo and, to a lesser extent, World of Warcraft or Neverwinter Nights or Dungeon Siege) it is a game to be slowly savoured and enjoyed at a leisurely pace. Not sure whether to play a warrior orientated, magic orientated or marksman/thief orientated character? Then play 3 separate characters with each separate trait and have them join separate guilds and see how they pan out. (Personally, I have a warrior who I have sent out roaming various dungeons, a spellcaster who is following the main quest and a marksman / thief who is currently going out to kill someone for the Dark Brotherhood.) It is definitely the type of game where patience, and possibly a good session looking at the manual, will be rewarded. Think of it as a sumptuous gourmet meal to be taken slowly and to be enjoyed with fine wine. And the gripes? Ok, here are the nitpickings: 1) I am not good with hotkeys and would personally have preferred icons to press (a la WoW) when casting spells or changing weapons. Faffing about with menus just to figure out which spell to equip or to quaff a potion is a huge pain in my buttock framed arse. 2) When I pick a dainty flower I would like for it to disappear (and for it to perhaps respawn later) cos I often get confused as to whether I have picked a flower or not. Going up to a flower and finding out that I have already picked it is an inconvenience I could do without. 3) Why no mini-map? In fact, why make the maps so tightly packed and hard to navigate overall? I dunno, I just feel that I need a wider view and fuller maps to get to know my way around. Also, it is slightly annoying to have to press a keyboard key and then move the mouse to the map button to get a map up. Well, that's it. One thing I will add before i go is for those with the not so beefy rig to run this game: try window mode! Go to options, slide all those sliders up to max, then maybe run it at around the 800X600 resolution mark and then play the game in a window - at least then you'll get a mini impression at how those lucky baskets with big ones can run the game. Expand
  84. AaronF.
    Mar 28, 2006
    It brings even the most expensive machines to their knees, requires a bit of tweaking to look its best, and isn't without a few balancing issues. But the beauty and immersion that it provides is unequaled in video games. Hands down the best looking game I have ever experienced. And with a healthy mod community busy balancing and improving the game, it will only get better in time. It brings even the most expensive machines to their knees, requires a bit of tweaking to look its best, and isn't without a few balancing issues. But the beauty and immersion that it provides is unequaled in video games. Hands down the best looking game I have ever experienced. And with a healthy mod community busy balancing and improving the game, it will only get better in time. Definitely worth it. Expand
  85. BryanP.
    Mar 29, 2006
    A 10 for content/story, but the PC version is crippled by the XBox 360 console user interface. Simple things like true WASD movement and re-assignable keymappings are not present. Hopefully Bethesda or the modding community will bring the User Interface out of the early '90s and streamline an otherwise wonderful game.
  86. ParkerB.
    Mar 29, 2006
    Visceral, gripping, and fun. Astoundingly good. Amazingly entertaining.
  87. Czar
    Mar 29, 2006
    Wow! I am not a big RPG fan but I am really enjoying this game. I tried to like Morrowind but couldn't get into it. Oblivion has sucked me in. I Upgraded my ATI 9700 Pro to a 7800 GS and it is like a different game. Very very cool. Must buy.
  88. JasonW.
    Mar 29, 2006
    I have played the 360 version and the pc version, I dont see how anyone would give 360 version a higher rating, when the pc version was 10x more detailed and will be patched etc... while 360 will stick with its sound bugs among others it's having.
  89. GiancarloB.
    Mar 29, 2006
    ROFL i loved Aelius comparison to doom 3 and halo 2..... aelius ur an idiot how can u ever compare an Rpg to a first person shooter. i found that u saying Doom 3 is a good game is funny because if u play it again it lacks alot... such things as AI interation and a story sirious theres no story... as for halo 2.... it was the same as halo 1 not a very good game to much of a hype . unlike ROFL i loved Aelius comparison to doom 3 and halo 2..... aelius ur an idiot how can u ever compare an Rpg to a first person shooter. i found that u saying Doom 3 is a good game is funny because if u play it again it lacks alot... such things as AI interation and a story sirious theres no story... as for halo 2.... it was the same as halo 1 not a very good game to much of a hype . unlike thos 2 games this game delivered wut they said it would. for people with a bad computer or playing it on a x box 360 u guys shouldnt complain because on a computer with a bad computer u cant really run this game at all very well. also if ur running it on x box 360 graphics r not as good as they can be and controls stink sorry to say =S. Expand
  90. JamesH.
    Mar 29, 2006
    This game is like crack, extremely well done, the pinnacle of game design. I won't dote on more than the others have, but rest assured, if you are an RPG fasn and more specifically a fan of the seldom seen first person type of RPG, then this game is for you. The game is so massive that one hardly knows where to begin. This game will keep you occupied for a VERY long time.
  91. J.S.
    Mar 30, 2006
    If I could give it an 11 then I would. I would then subtract a point for Bethesda not fronting these guys some more testers. Awesome job can't wait for the patch!
  92. Keith
    Mar 30, 2006
    This game was awesome - so realistic - best RPG in years.
  93. RobX.
    Mar 31, 2006
    Easily the most alive single player RPG ever. Just the fact that most NPC wander around doing their thing makes you feel more part of a "real" world. I'm running the game on a machine that barely meets "recommended" spec and I have to turn the graphics' detail level way down to get a somewhat decent framerate, but who cares when the gameplay itself is this excellent. Thumbs up!
  94. JonathanS.
    Mar 31, 2006
    No doubt... This game is the best single player RPG ever! You have so many choices. The graphics are amazing the AI is good (But not to good) and the gameplay is really great! I just wish the game world was bigger! Hail Bethesda!
  95. Roee
    Mar 31, 2006
    Excellent game. The world is extremely immersive, the graphics gorgeous, and plenty of quirks from Morrowind are streamlined now (hurrah to fast travel!). Not perfect, but amazing nonetheless.
  96. DeathKnight
    Apr 2, 2006
    I hated morrowind but this game is AWESOME. I would have given it a 10 but the graphics engine sucks(at least for me. I have 6600GT). I can run farcry with all settings high and game runs extremely smooth but even with all settings set to minimum oblivion still stutters. Other than that the game is perfact a must have rpg fans.
  97. JohnD.
    Apr 3, 2006
    This game is like a drug you cant stop playing. the graphic are imerse the AI could be better. Inever thought any game could be this good.
  98. FrankC.
    Apr 3, 2006
    As everyone says, it's simply fantastic. The quests are engaging, and the voice acting is good. The engine is a marvel. Here's what I'd say though - unless you can download 3DMark and break 4000, with a CPU score of over 900, I wouldn't attempt it. If you don't know how to overclock your rig, it might be a good time to learn. It's simply not the same game As everyone says, it's simply fantastic. The quests are engaging, and the voice acting is good. The engine is a marvel. Here's what I'd say though - unless you can download 3DMark and break 4000, with a CPU score of over 900, I wouldn't attempt it. If you don't know how to overclock your rig, it might be a good time to learn. It's simply not the same game without the eye candy, the shadows and water and mist and reflecting surfaces, etc. THe world is big, and it's rich and you can't help but find things to do. Unlike Morrowwind, you won't get bored. Expand
  99. BoogerNugget
    Apr 4, 2006
    Great game, best single-player RPG ever. Would be a 10 if the PC interface was customizeable - as it stands now it's awkward and clunky. Why can't I open map by pressing "M", or inventory by pressing "I". Damn you XBOX!
  100. UNI
    Apr 5, 2006
    So stupid AI, technical problems etc. The game is good but not perfect.

1. It’s just so damned big. That’s what you’ll say after playing Oblivion for more than an hour. Or, for that matter, 50 hours.
  2. Oblivion is by far the closest I have come to playing D&D Sunday afternoons with my friends (yes, I did that, though I’m on medication now), all wrapped up in a stunning package with tens of thousands of lines of spoken dialog and good music.
    I honestly have to say that I am in favour of most of the changes and I think Oblivion is an awesome achievement from Bethesda.