5.7

1. Apr 18, 2014
    As a single player experience, it's good but still falls very short of Skyrim quality. As a multiplayer experience, it's practically not there! There is absolutely no teamwork involved in the quests, even if you're in a group, you have to finish quests separately. This means that the only thing other players are good for is getting in your way and stealing your resources. Just play Skyrim!
  2. Apr 17, 2014
    I can't take it anymore. At first I gave this game a positive review after like 2 days of play. I realize the error in my ways because it only took one week for the game to become completely boring. The combat is like dragon age 2 where you just button mash and use random abilities. Ranged combat is pretty much useless(no more sneak attacks from 50 meters away like skyrim) to use the bowI can't take it anymore. At first I gave this game a positive review after like 2 days of play. I realize the error in my ways because it only took one week for the game to become completely boring. The combat is like dragon age 2 where you just button mash and use random abilities. Ranged combat is pretty much useless(no more sneak attacks from 50 meters away like skyrim) to use the bow you have to be pretty much right ontop of the enemy which defeats the point of using a bow. The world they created is beautiful and has plenty of diverse creatures too bad the only thing to do in it is run around and kill random creatures, you can only interact with certain objects like herbs and ore deposits. The quests are mostly all kill and fetch quests. The leveling and skill system makes no sense at all, the game randomly increases skills that you have equipped on your action bar, even if you don't use them. They totally ruined the simple crafting system that skyrim had implemented. Now you have to find schematics to make certain things and of course they and the materials are really rare, of course you can buy them from other players but why would you they'd probably charge you 10 thousand gold. Its like the developers all sat down an said "Lets take all the positive improvements skyrim implemented and just throw em away. This game is not worth $14.99 a month this game is not worth the $59.99 initial price. Expand
  3. Apr 23, 2014
    It's very disappointing spending 80 dollars on a game plus a 15 dollar subscription per month I expected a lot more out of this game. It's about half the speed of wow and twice as dull if you ask me. The caster classes are underpowered and mana starved. you only get 5 abilities at a time unless you switch weapons then you get another 5 but lose the previous 5. The options are very limitedIt's very disappointing spending 80 dollars on a game plus a 15 dollar subscription per month I expected a lot more out of this game. It's about half the speed of wow and twice as dull if you ask me. The caster classes are underpowered and mana starved. you only get 5 abilities at a time unless you switch weapons then you get another 5 but lose the previous 5. The options are very limited as to what you can do. Bag space fills very quickly and you have to do a lot of crafting and grinding mats yourself to better your gear etc. It's much more of a grind than I expected. Lets not even get started on the bugs and downtime you will experience. The PVE really isn't social based in any way. It's more like playing a console game with a few random people running around with you. The quilds are a joke and not necessary in any way people just start one up and invite as many people as they can. Helpfulness for questions is pretty much non existent from my experience, your better off google searching. The chat in the game for Zones is pretty much bots spamming to sell gold power level and immature kids. Think of the crossroads in wow add 3/4 spam then the zone chat and you have a good idea of what to expect. The group dungeons etc is picking up random people and running through a quick 10 minute dungeon with little to sometimes no reward unless you count a little xp. Gear drops... what gear drops? It's make your own and improve it or run around in greens and maybe a few blues that you don't really want since they don't really help with your whole whopping 5 abilities. With the lack of abilities, the lack of social play, bugs and slow leveling, grinding and constant annoyance of running back and forth to clear bag space, and immature nature of chat and spam, I rate this game a 3. I feel it was a complete waste of money and time. Unfortunately, what's done is done. I just hope to save the next person 80 dollars or 60 depending on what version you buy. Expand
  4. May 7, 2014
    If you're a big fan of Elder Scrolls, you will more definitely hate this game. If however you're just a fan of MMORPGs, well you'll likely think this is below par at best...who was this game targeted to again? On the plus side, you can play as an Imperial for the low low price of $95 for your first month!

Final score: TotallyNotACashGrab/10
  5. Apr 5, 2014
    EXTREMELY disappointing. This game does still have huge potential to be worth playing, but at launch there are some major issues spoiling it:

- For an MMO, it feels BARREN. There is little interactivity with other players due to the nature of the chat set up. It is very confusing to see who sent a message, and all you see is 'shells' of other players darting around. You are mostly ignored if you try to interact with them. Sure, you can join guilds and clubs, but unless you know the person, every other player is an annoying distraction that can't or won't interact with you.
    - For an RPG - the character development is linear and confusing. You feel like you are controlling something that already has its path laid out ahead, rather than having control of its destiny.
    - The quests are EXTREMELY BUGGED, at least 1/3 quests have NPCs missing, or they are doing something so that you can't forward the quest. The quests themselves are mostly childish 'put this here' 'take that there' kind of affairs. Even Runescape has more engaging and challenging quests.
    - The enemies and bosses are virtually impossible to beat without dying several times over each time, which makes continuity impossible. It's like water torture trying to kill some of them (doing the same routine 20 times over, until you feel like punching your PC monitor). Mudcrabs level up along side you?? Really? All of a sudden the mudcrabs that were lvl 2 when you were lvl 2 are suddenly lvl 20 ... just as you hit lvl 20. This is the same for all PVM - There's no advantage in leveling combat skills.
    - There's little interactivity with the game world. You ask why your character can't pick up the countless weapons, armor and supplies that are just sitting around for the taking, while you struggle to find the right stuff to make a lvl 2 iron knife. Ridiculous.
    - Lag spikes are common. The servers seem to like them
    - There are too many items than you can pick up, store or bank, without any indication as to whether they are useful. The tooltips are pathetic. This will be OK for seasoned players, but for newbies it is very testing.

On the plus side, the graphics are gorgeous, the soundtrack/ sound effects are amazing, and there is plenty of scope for personalizing your character.

I was wishing for so much better. It really is a shame.
  6. Apr 4, 2014
    Its not terrible, its just very disappointing coming from the heritage of a game series that dared to be different from the crowd and define its own genre of open sandbox rpg gaming. Elderscrolls online just leaves me feeling like the makers really just wanted to make a new RvR game in the same mould as DAoC or WAR. Its so standard MMO, so been there done that, so uninspired it just hurts.Its not terrible, its just very disappointing coming from the heritage of a game series that dared to be different from the crowd and define its own genre of open sandbox rpg gaming. Elderscrolls online just leaves me feeling like the makers really just wanted to make a new RvR game in the same mould as DAoC or WAR. Its so standard MMO, so been there done that, so uninspired it just hurts. Where there is an attempt to incorporate some of the elements of the single player games it feels clunky or doesn't quite work because the fundamental starting point was your bog standard MMO the like of which we've seen time and again for the last 10 years. Take questing. full voice, lots of effort put into back story you say? Well yes, but because the questing and character advancement model is essentially the same as most MMOs (That being you advance by completing quests which give you xp to spend on level ups), the world is necessarily packed with quest givers, most of whom give 5 min quests which we've all done a million of before, kill 5 bears, pick 10 flowers, blah blah blah. The end result is all the fancy voice acting and back story just wastes your time because the fundamental activity is so mindless. I could go on and on about the disappointments in ESO, but it all boils down to one thing. Its nothing new, its not in the spirit of the single player games, its just another near enough carbon copy of a gameplay model that doesn't fit with the IP that's been forced into it. Come on Devs, can't you be a bit braver than this. If Bethesda had just copied the successful model of the time then Arena would of been a scripted on rails experience like Final Fantasy. The MMORPG world is crying out for something new, something different. Enough with the era of the WoW-a-like. Expand
  7. Apr 10, 2014
    I followed this game way from early January 2013 till now...and I am heavily disappointed. The things they promise such as impact-full quest, smooth active combat/game-play, elder scroll's feel, adventuring, player significance in the world and other player feedback during early alpha was not taken into full consideration. The quest in this game is lackluster and doesn't impact theI followed this game way from early January 2013 till now...and I am heavily disappointed. The things they promise such as impact-full quest, smooth active combat/game-play, elder scroll's feel, adventuring, player significance in the world and other player feedback during early alpha was not taken into full consideration. The quest in this game is lackluster and doesn't impact the game/npc in anyway, the combat still feels floating and animations are terrible for a 2014 game, elder scroll's feel aspect of it only comes from environment and music and adventuring is heavily controlled not to mention the dungeons mechanics are one of the worst I had seen. Players would rush to loot chest in dungeons and get all the loots instead of helping the group to make it through the dungeon. Even if you were to kick the player, the player will still exist in the same instance of dungeon and will continue to troll you and your group. It is a very terrible experience and it has been happening more frequently now.

I will justify why I only give this game a 4/10

One point is for their soundtrack/in game music.
    Second point is for their immense voice acting, which always make an mmorpg more lively.
    Third point is for recreating previous ESO game locations and make it look awesome
    Fourth point for me fan-boying till now. I really wish the game is more polish, solid and better but it isn't

I can't give it another 6 points because I didn't enjoy any of the beta testing, broken promises which i stated above and the game isn't polished enough. The persistent in-game bugs are one of the worst I had encountered in all the mmorpgs i had played. They even beat GW2 in bugs award. SWTOR, Neverwinter and FFXIVARR were almost bug free even during the beta testing.

I had a group of friends who were hyped up for the game as me but everything just fall flat. It may not be much but 11 of us including me will not be playing this game anymore. Five of us bought it and all of them regretted it.
  8. Apr 9, 2014
    First of all if you are going to compare this to WoW you are going to have a bad time. WoW has had nearly a decade to get things right, tweak things here and there to find out what works and what doesn't work.

If you played the ESO beta you'll remember bugs in it (as you do in beta) and some of those bugs are still there. Several times now I've logged out in frustration because of quest bugs (such as the boss is supposed to jump down from a balcony to fight you, and ends up getting stuck and floating in mid air). The game is riddled with bugs here and there, putting it simply you'll run into some form of bug probably every 10-15 minutes whether it be a graphics bug, npcs half fallen into the floor, npcs that are "stuck" in combat, audio bugs you name it. This is the main reason why i'm giving it a low score, harsh possibly for bugs but there are that many bugs and at the moment Elder Scrolls Online is flawed and is heading in the same direction as other MMO's. At this rate it'll be free to play in around 8-10 months just in time for everyone to stop playing anyway and play the next WoW expansion when it's released at the end of the year.

People should not be paying 39.99 for a game, then 8.99 on top of that for a monthly subscription for a bug riddled game from what is meant to be a top studio.

The graphics are nice, but I've failed to see anything that captures you like that of Skyrim.

The combat system is buggy, at times I've had to re-position myself because my blade just kept going through the mob and not hitting it (although naturally it could hit me). Even as a caster it just doesn't feel right.

Character Creation, nothing more than average. Not bad, but nothing special either with a load of wasted templates you'd never use.

Conclusion: You are not missing anything and chances are you won't gain anything at present only a forever burning hole in your wallet. Big let down from Bethesda who should know better than this, they had the betas, they had the players for it, they had the feedback and it's still ****
  9. Apr 11, 2014
    Re-reviewing this game after a week of normal play and it is still disappointing.

As to be expected with the release of games these days there are a ton of bugs, some that are seriously crippling, like everything in your bank disappearing or that really cool epic armor on your head just disappearing. Quests are broken and it seems that the higher level you get the less testing seems to have been done, which makes sense as they had a limited beta.

It doesn't even have the feel of a normal MMO because they gave it the base Elder Scrolls GUI but then cut back on its functionality. You have 7 slots attached to keyboard keys, 1-5, Q, R, 1 special R which is really lame as the power builds up while you fight and drops when you are not which means you rarely use it in PvE. The 7 slot Q is attached to a quick slot which means you can have several items on that, but can only use them one at a time and there is a cool-down timer on them. So that epic battle in Skyrim where you clicked through 30 potions, not going to happen in ESO.

The limited key functionality and simplicity that they have is clearly been done to make the titles transition to consoles easier. The greatness of the Elder Scrolls series is the graphics and how fantastic the game looks. ESO misses this mark completely, the graphics just are not there and seem like they maybe that way for console release.

The interesting thing about player and bank inventory space is that you can see where they could put a F2P or P2W system in place immediately without having to adjust game mechanics. It is almost like the expect this game to go F2P at some point.

With that in mind, there is no ground breaking systems here that are just the best thing ever, there are gold farmers, bots and spammers in the chat. With nothing really holding people other than the PvP which again is not ground breaking, and the hope of future releases of new lands I do not see a financial sustainability in the 15 dollars a month plan. I suspect before the one year mark either an announcement or the actually change to a F2P model. I hope that Bethesda sees this not as a title to build off of, but as a third part release for the MMO market.
  10. Apr 10, 2014
    Had to make an account to say.... this game is bad. It has surprisingly boring combat for an elder scrolls game, not to mention repetitive quests. There are many quests throughout the game, and the voice acting for them is very good, but you're so bored with the game you don't even care about the quests. The graphics are good too, but $60 for the box then $15 a month after? You won't beHad to make an account to say.... this game is bad. It has surprisingly boring combat for an elder scrolls game, not to mention repetitive quests. There are many quests throughout the game, and the voice acting for them is very good, but you're so bored with the game you don't even care about the quests. The graphics are good too, but $60 for the box then $15 a month after? You won't be getting $15 from me. Expand
  11. Apr 4, 2014
    If you buy you this game you continue to support the degradation of not only MMO's, but games in general. This is the most shallow cash grab attempt to come out of an AAA developer in some time.

The game tries horribly to combine the SP game and MMO together. Unfortunately since the developers already had a vision of the MMO they wanted to create, which had nothing to do with Elder Scrolls gameplay, they managed to take the worst possible elements of each to come up with this garbage.

The game is linear, without an open world, no real exploration, with bad MMO elements to boot. Everything is forced so the developers could create their PvP game with an ES skin. The PvP isn’t even that good. The game is completely on rails, and doesn’t try to hide it. Level 50 mudcrabs? I mean come on, you just took the same level 1, level 4, level 10, level 16....ect mudcrab skin and put it in a zone and level scaled it to the area. Lazy. This is the way it is with all the mobs though, if you’re in x area, everything is x level. Trash mobs are facerollable without even thinking. Skills are limited, there is no real magic. Classes are forced, and designed poorly. No utility spells, skills or anything like that to give depth to the game. Garbage game, don't contribute to this crappiness.

The marketing and customer service is even worse, just go to the official forums if you want to see what I mean. What is up with the cash shop? It’s stupid on top of a sub game, and they charge 15 bucks for a horse? I smell desperation to try to turn a profit on this game before free to play.
  12. Apr 10, 2014
    I was in on the Mac beta and was able to play this for a couple weekends before the official release. So, full disclosure, I have not played the official release. The reason why I have not played the official release is that based on my time with the beta, this is a bad game. No way I would pay for this game after playing the late-stage beta. I am big fan of Skyrim and Oblivion, and I haveI was in on the Mac beta and was able to play this for a couple weekends before the official release. So, full disclosure, I have not played the official release. The reason why I have not played the official release is that based on my time with the beta, this is a bad game. No way I would pay for this game after playing the late-stage beta. I am big fan of Skyrim and Oblivion, and I have played many of the MMOs that are out there (if only the free versions, in some cases). This game is a laughably average and dull MMO with a coat of Elder Scrolls paint. If you must play an MMO, grab a copy of GW2 which is a better game in every respect and has no subscription fee. ESO feels like a cynical ploy to milk fanboy cash. Having said all this, I will be keeping an eye on ESO because I know the devs can make it better if they keep working at it. If FF13 A Realm Reborn can be salvaged, then perhaps so can ESO. Expand
  13. Apr 4, 2014
    I'm very disappointed by this MMO. PvE is so badly unbalanced. Its just frustrating. In some key quests, you fight mobs alone easily, but when you touch a boss, you need a group or be 10 levels ahead. That's just so frustrating. The fighting is just bad. You cannot really focus on one enemy. The server often lag too much so blocking or evading attacks is just a roll of dice. The weaponryI'm very disappointed by this MMO. PvE is so badly unbalanced. Its just frustrating. In some key quests, you fight mobs alone easily, but when you touch a boss, you need a group or be 10 levels ahead. That's just so frustrating. The fighting is just bad. You cannot really focus on one enemy. The server often lag too much so blocking or evading attacks is just a roll of dice. The weaponry and armor is boring and the _very good_ voice overs cannot compensate the repetitiveness of the quests. I will not go further than the 30 days included with the high price for the game, unless there are a lot of bugfixes and balancings. Expand
  14. Apr 19, 2014
    Gameplay is very good, itemization is one of the best I have seen in games....but it all goes down the drain when you take all the exploits, hacks, mass boting in every public dungeon, not working skills into consideration. The communication from Zenimax side is almost non existent limited to generic one-two sentence post on their forum. The economy of the game was utterly broken 2 weeksGameplay is very good, itemization is one of the best I have seen in games....but it all goes down the drain when you take all the exploits, hacks, mass boting in every public dungeon, not working skills into consideration. The communication from Zenimax side is almost non existent limited to generic one-two sentence post on their forum. The economy of the game was utterly broken 2 weeks after the release because exploiters were duplicating items making a tons of cash. Zenimax did absolutely nothing to counter that, they just banned the exploiters leaving the broken economy to the players. A clear sign to me they are not here to stay, just grab as much money as fast they can. It is a fine game for a month or so, just for solid pve experience, and that is all. Unless it does not bother you that you will have to grind your ass off to get that legendery items when the guys next to you have all of that, millions of golds and they crafting skills maxed out thanks to an exploit. Well, it does bother me. Expand
  15. Apr 12, 2014
    I am a huge Skyrim and Oblivion fan and was expecting something so much better. I played the beta for a while and found that it didn't measure up in any shape or form to my expectations. The graphics are poor and I just can't stand playing in a world littered with people doing things that make no sense whatsoever. It would have been so much better if they had released another Skyrim andI am a huge Skyrim and Oblivion fan and was expecting something so much better. I played the beta for a while and found that it didn't measure up in any shape or form to my expectations. The graphics are poor and I just can't stand playing in a world littered with people doing things that make no sense whatsoever. It would have been so much better if they had released another Skyrim and given it co-op capability so you could adventure with your friends against a computer. Epic fail for me and so surprising for such a talented company. Did they sack all their cool people and outsource or something? Expand
  16. Apr 6, 2014
    It is a huge disappointment. They changed what worked in Skyrim and did not change what did not work. The game is unbalanced, graphics are average at best, combat is boring, stealth is meaningless, and skills are limited. I am playing as a high elf sorcerer and it is a weak character. No good AOE and no meaningful control spells at all. Early in the game any 2 enemies can take you down.It is a huge disappointment. They changed what worked in Skyrim and did not change what did not work. The game is unbalanced, graphics are average at best, combat is boring, stealth is meaningless, and skills are limited. I am playing as a high elf sorcerer and it is a weak character. No good AOE and no meaningful control spells at all. Early in the game any 2 enemies can take you down. Don't bother joining the fighters guild as the first quest line is not possible with a sorcerer. In Skyrim stealth was a real advantage and one can argue the most powerful combat tactic in the game. In ESO it is meaningless. In Skyrim I could learn any spell but in ESO I am constrained to the ones they assign my character. This makes Sorcerer both boring and needlessly hard to play. In Skyrim you could sell almost anything for some gold, but in ESO many things are set to 0 value, even though they may be valuable. In Skyrim you have a much larger inventory than ESO, which is very small especially considering the wide range and number of things you need to collect. The skill tree in Skyrim was the best feature of the game, but in ESO it is gone. Groups do not work like those in any other MMORPG and not for the better. Some quests are so crowded with participants that you can complete them just by standing around. ESO go play a good game like Neverwitner on-line and make some major changes please. Expand
  17. Apr 4, 2014
    Bugged quests, clunky combat, bland environments, bland spell effects, clunky looking animations, bad voice acting, cookie cutter classes...the list of bad things in this game go on and on.

I will give Bethesda a nod for making an attempt, but the game does not feel immersive at all. But I am disappointed that they would put out such a crap product. Some series are just not meant to

Some series are just not meant to be made into an MMO..
  18. Sep 27, 2014
    I got this during beta and kept hoping something would change. Just about every mistake of previous MMO's was made and few of the lessons learned.

The best you can say is that the graphics are ok. The gameplay is boring. The combat dull. The character progression dumbed down to the point they may as well not have bothered and options for customisation and individuality are about

The best you can say is that the graphics are ok.

The gameplay is boring. The combat dull. The character progression dumbed down to the point they may as well not have bothered and options for customisation and individuality are about as limited as the individuality of the game itself.

A mish mash of ideas taken from other games but done in a very lacklustre way.

PVP is a disaster. What was meant to be open world PvP amounts to a zone/battleground approach centred around a very very large battle zone. So it isn't open world at all really.

Overall, not as buggy as some but not as playable as many others either. EQ, WoW, Rift are all far better games.

When is there going to be an MMO that does something new, that includes the flexibility of Rift with the class balancing of WoW. The depth and longevity of EQ and the open world combat of Warhammer.

We will have cold fusion before we have a company invest in a new MMO rather than cynically trying to copy, clone or write a game on an unrealistic budget. .
  19. Apr 5, 2014
    While being a decent MMO to spent some time on, they are using a shady payment model. You do NOT get 30 days of free gametime if you do not have access to a credit card. People without credit cards need to pay another 15 bucks for the second month of subscription to actually active their game product! As I am not able to fund the second month, I cannot claim the game and gametime I paidWhile being a decent MMO to spent some time on, they are using a shady payment model. You do NOT get 30 days of free gametime if you do not have access to a credit card. People without credit cards need to pay another 15 bucks for the second month of subscription to actually active their game product! As I am not able to fund the second month, I cannot claim the game and gametime I paid for. Support department is not helpful either, their messages do not really answer the question at hand and they are just relaying standardized messages. For anyone without a credit card: avoid this company. Expand
  20. Apr 4, 2014
    ESO sacrifices a two decade old gaming dynasty -- a tradition as rich in imaginings as any other that has used bits and pixels to craft a world -- for the temptation of the riches of cash. This game is derivative. Rather than put an MMO flesh inspired by an Elder Scrolls soul it clothes the sacred Tamriel in hackneyed bug ridden quest hubs. There is little to be found in the characters,ESO sacrifices a two decade old gaming dynasty -- a tradition as rich in imaginings as any other that has used bits and pixels to craft a world -- for the temptation of the riches of cash. This game is derivative. Rather than put an MMO flesh inspired by an Elder Scrolls soul it clothes the sacred Tamriel in hackneyed bug ridden quest hubs. There is little to be found in the characters, the PvP, the crafting. The Lore is no more enriching than the creation of uncreative dungeon master. A world worsely imagined than a Garth Marenghi novel.

If there is one word one should use to describe this trite creation, it is disappointing. And I beg Bethesda to see past the temptation of money and return to the creativity of their past.
  21. Apr 4, 2014
    Nice thought but ultimately horrific and shabby attempt.. The whole game is just essentially a short term cash cow.

Made me laugh that people have capped their toons already and founs there is nothing to do because there is no endgame apart from pvp (endgame is not even being tested). Nice scenery and crafting is good, everything else is just generic,dull and poorly executed. What an

22. Apr 4, 2014
    This game is the worst $60 I've spent in years. It's not even a bad WoW knock-off. It's more like a bad LOTRO knock-off. Don't believe the semi-hype and don't waste your money. There are many, better, completely free MMOs out there. The ENTIRE time I was playing, all I could think was "I'd rather be playing WoW" and I've not played WoW in years. The combat is a dumbed-down version ofThis game is the worst $60 I've spent in years. It's not even a bad WoW knock-off. It's more like a bad LOTRO knock-off. Don't believe the semi-hype and don't waste your money. There are many, better, completely free MMOs out there. The ENTIRE time I was playing, all I could think was "I'd rather be playing WoW" and I've not played WoW in years. The combat is a dumbed-down version of Age of Conan and every thing else is ripped from LOTRO, D & D Online, WoW, and a host of other games. The VERY few original ideas this game does have are unilaterally bad. Just don't do it. Expand
  23. Apr 4, 2014
    Disappointing, to say the least. It doesn't deliver a Skyrim level experience, nor does it offer the open world feeling of WoW (and every other MMO). End game content is nonexistent. Animations and combat are wonky. The art style is what you would expect from an Elder Scrolls game, but it ends up looking like a washed-out, brown mess most of the time. It has it's moments, but they are fewDisappointing, to say the least. It doesn't deliver a Skyrim level experience, nor does it offer the open world feeling of WoW (and every other MMO). End game content is nonexistent. Animations and combat are wonky. The art style is what you would expect from an Elder Scrolls game, but it ends up looking like a washed-out, brown mess most of the time. It has it's moments, but they are few and far between. Expand
  24. Apr 13, 2014
    As much as I loved Oblivion and Skyrim I could only play the beta for about an hour before getting so bored I quit and uninstalled the game right then and there. It's just so...average. Not bad but not great either, doing nothing mechanically or visually outstanding in a genre littered with the corpses of countless "me too" fantasy games. It's everything you would expect from a genericAs much as I loved Oblivion and Skyrim I could only play the beta for about an hour before getting so bored I quit and uninstalled the game right then and there. It's just so...average. Not bad but not great either, doing nothing mechanically or visually outstanding in a genre littered with the corpses of countless "me too" fantasy games. It's everything you would expect from a generic fantasy mmo and nothing more. There is just no reason for it to exist as it brings nothing to the table that hasn't been done so many times before. Expand
  25. Apr 4, 2014
    So I've been playing this game for awhile now. And I've determined that I don't really like it. You can't effectively solo this game as a 'every build is a good build' because of how incompetent the developers are. They don't understand how to balance their monsters to make them killable by yourself unless you happen to be a cranked out sorcerer in a VERY specific build.

Dragonknight?

Dragonknight? Nope. Can we say walking target dummy?

Templar? Unless you go with a healing tree you're pretty much cannonfodder.

Nightblade? You're everyone's punching bag.

And on top of that the consistent and constant issues with the server's stability AS WELL as the fact that they don't even BOTHER to give you forewarning before they decide to go "TAKING DOWN THE SERVER NOW!" so you have to literally drop EVERYTHING at THAT instant, no matter what you're doing.

The numerous bugs and the clunky UI and class system doesn't even make this feel like a true Elder Scrolls game. It feels like a crappy attempt at trying to make an MMO that was different and failing miserably.

I can't even say that there's any kind of perks to crafting your own gear--you'd think that crafting crap would make the game easier, right? WRONG! It only puts you on BARELY even ground with the enemy.

And then there's Tanzelwil. Quite possibly the most unbalanced segment I've ever encountered in any game. Just put a fragging "GROUP" tag next to the quest, because... seriously, you can't solo this crap. The enemies hit way too hard, have way too much health, and you only have split seconds to move out of crap before your health is nuked to NOTHING.

Overall, I have to say that this game is an insult to the Elder Scrolls theme because of very BAD gameplay design. If I want to play another DArk Souls clone, I'll go play Guild Wars 2. Thanks.

I don't recommend this game to anyone until they fix the bugs, unless you like dying repeatedly to complete a so-called solo quest.
  26. Apr 6, 2014
    Honestly, it's just not very good. It doesn't play or feel like an Elder Scrolls game, combat is awful, and the aesthetics are plasticky and low quality. The lore and questing is mediocre at best, and coming from the TES world, that just isn't acceptable. It has it's moments, but it just isn't worth the box price, let alone the ridiculous monthly fee.
  27. Apr 5, 2014
    I am alredy done with ESO.I played almost every new big mmorpg like aion,swtor,tera .... i was happy on start , i make maximum lvl on my character,but on ESO i feel like i want kill my self.This quests are so long . 3 -5 steps quest on 15 min with so low xp reward and u cant select item reward. I dont want play this game anymore pay2play or Free2play. I dont care,this is boring like hell.
  28. Apr 9, 2014
    It is a very bad idea to sell MMO game for the price of regular single-player game (50€ in the EU) and then charge players with monthly fee.
    It is OK of course if game require monthly payments, since it's MMO game, but I should have opportunity to try it at least for a day or so, to decide whether I want to continue and buy monthly subscription. As of now it is clear that many people don't like the gameplay, but anyway they purchased game client they cannot use w/o subscription.
    It is speculation on Elder Scrolls series, nothing else. Reminds of another speculation - Diablo 3, when totally positive critic review complement by totally negative user review, as most people bought it just because they played previous games, but realized this game has nothing to do with those.
  29. Apr 4, 2014
    Nothing like an Elder Scroll game. A linear, static world where you can't be anything you want to be. Quick cash grab sellout by Beth/Zen.

Avoid like the plague.
  30. Apr 8, 2014
    i ran into the first bug after about 2 minutes of gameplay, and from then on into one bug after another. the quests are boring, crafting makes no sense because you can't sell the things you make. collecting the few things that are in the world (and it's not an open one...) is a bag of hurt. the fights are unbalanced as hell - either you kill like superman or you get killed without knowingi ran into the first bug after about 2 minutes of gameplay, and from then on into one bug after another. the quests are boring, crafting makes no sense because you can't sell the things you make. collecting the few things that are in the world (and it's not an open one...) is a bag of hurt. the fights are unbalanced as hell - either you kill like superman or you get killed without knowing what hit you. interaction with other people is close to impossible. most of the time TESO feels like a facebook game with nicer graphics.

although i decided to give it a chance because some people said it would get better with PvP but then, from one moment to another they want me to choose how to pay for keep playing the 30 days i already payed for? WTF? I should have burned the €60. watching that would have been more fun then playing this. this all smells like fast money from people stupid enough to pay it.
  31. Apr 12, 2014
    A shameless cash grab - tons of bugs, and none of the fun of the single player games.

The thing that REEEally urks me, is that the PvP is AN EXACT CLONE of Guild Wars 2. A total, shameless clone. Like... literally nothing different. Just totally disgusting that Bethesda can get away with this. The only real difference between Guild Wars' WvWvW and Bethesda's PvP, is that GUILD

The only real difference between Guild Wars' WvWvW and Bethesda's PvP, is that GUILD WARS 2 HAS THE DECENCY NOT TO CHARGE YOU A SUBSCRIPTION FEE EVERY MONTH

There is literally no reason whatsoever that someone should purchase this game, and therein support this practice. Total rip-off, and they actually charge you more for it!
  32. Apr 5, 2014
    Actually disappointed for once in an MMORPG. Having played SWTOR, Rift, WoW (all expansions included), GW 1 and 2, TESO is boring. One thing I noticed after creating multiple characters since early access is that a little more than half the quests are not only named the same but you do the same thing (difference being the NPC race being modified to fit what ever faction you joined). AtActually disappointed for once in an MMORPG. Having played SWTOR, Rift, WoW (all expansions included), GW 1 and 2, TESO is boring. One thing I noticed after creating multiple characters since early access is that a little more than half the quests are not only named the same but you do the same thing (difference being the NPC race being modified to fit what ever faction you joined). At least SWTOR had a lot more variety quest wise. One problem this game suffers from like SWTOR did was having these giant open environments with little to fill these spaces. Also, the chat system is not very polished as well as a few common aesthetics that other MMORPGs have down well. It seems this game like many new MMORPGs that are being released now are being being developed by developers who pump too much focus and money into a fully voiced game with top-notch voice acting versus focusing on actual playable content and features. World of Warcraft didn't get its lasting appeal because of its voice acting (which is very minimal compared to these other MMORPGs nowadays). WoW's lasting appeal stems from its wide variety of features, world spaces filled with creatures, items and details, less restrictive environmental exploration, and good community activities even when it began and had no expansions. The combat is alright and is much like a cross between TESIII Morrowind mixed with Oblivion with a typical "select your special moves" element. Overall, this game does not warrant its $59.99 price tag and its $15 monthly fee. Expand
  33. Apr 8, 2014
    Hello,
    This is not an MMO.
    The game is bad (Interface, Skill Tree, Management quests, enemies are poorly reported etc ...)
    The story is bad stories quests too.
    European servers are empty.
    MMO done quickly and not finished.
    I played three days (79 €) and I went on WildStar.
    TESO is theft.
  34. May 5, 2014
    ESO plays immersive but feels dull & lifeless. Biggest offense: uses the TES name. A singleplayer game cannot be an MMO & vice versa!
    ===========
  35. Apr 5, 2014
    This game is a total disappointment. The severs not working, it being totally boring are only a couple of the problems. The game is far from deserving the Elder Scrolls name. Save your time and money, this game doesn't deserve it.
  36. Jun 9, 2014
    If you are an elder scrolls fan you will be definitely disappointed by ESO contrary to the 'critics' supposedly positive reviews. The only reason they are positive is because they are MMO reviewers. Subpar graphics, hardly interactive environment, etc etc.. In fact it seems worse than Skyrim which is sad given how long its been since that has come out. If you love cookie cutter MMOIf you are an elder scrolls fan you will be definitely disappointed by ESO contrary to the 'critics' supposedly positive reviews. The only reason they are positive is because they are MMO reviewers. Subpar graphics, hardly interactive environment, etc etc.. In fact it seems worse than Skyrim which is sad given how long its been since that has come out. If you love cookie cutter MMO games then this is just the next step up from that. Not worth your money, and just another time waster. Expand
  37. Apr 4, 2014
    This game is not the worst game but it also is very disappointing for an elder scrolls game and furthermore it lowers the standards for all MMO games. If we continue to travel down this road and support these game makers they will continue to take our money and produce horrible games because its just business. I played this game in two Beta trials and my friend just purchased it and IThis game is not the worst game but it also is very disappointing for an elder scrolls game and furthermore it lowers the standards for all MMO games. If we continue to travel down this road and support these game makers they will continue to take our money and produce horrible games because its just business. I played this game in two Beta trials and my friend just purchased it and I check it out to see what changes they made, and sadly their wasn't any big changes to make a difference from my experience playing. The Story line and lore is great to read if your into that sort of thing, But the gameplay is boring and mechanics feel clunky and appears like drunken apes running around. The time and effort put in to the gear you find is pathetic and when everyone looks like they are wearing the same armor and weapons is just not interesting to say the least. The biggest gripe I have is the skill system its very minimal and every class has the same tree to choose from. This game should get some points but I am through rating horrible titles with what they might deserve It's time to tank their ratings as much as possible and review them for what they are. Expand
  38. Apr 8, 2014
    Most boring MMORPG ever made. It is extremely shallow, has a consolized UI, has an annoying list based inventory instead of a superior slot based one (like in every other MMORPG ever made for the PC), boring quests, terrible controls, a horrid crafting system and a dull weapons, armor and item system.

Save your cash, this game will be Free 2 Play in no time, and it is only a matter of time until it is eventually abandoned. This is the worst MMORPG since Star Wars: The Old Republic, and even that game is like a masterpiece compared to this boring and shallow drivel.
  39. Apr 4, 2014
    I didn't like it either.Just another mmo exactly and costly too(i hate subscription).I think the game will have problems with userbase if they are going to charge for monthly subscription.After playing evvery Elder Scroll games from arena to Skyrim,it really don't deserve to be in the list.
  40. Apr 4, 2014
    Pve is a joke. Pvp is ok. Someone complained that the pvp was like doc lol... you wish! Linear pos. This is only for the older WoW generation who wants complete crap for an mmorpg. Yes.. Wow was a POS. I dont care how much it made in its time. I was hoping for more outta this game.
  41. Apr 4, 2014
    What a money grabbing joke this is! Don't even think about buying this pile of goat **** **** games now a days... fat money hungry developers rubbing their hands!

This game is a crappy C mmo with a bad and ugly attempt to hide it with a EScrolls skin, i hope for Ba****da and the rest of the crew that this **** will rot up in hell in about a month or 2.
  42. Apr 10, 2014
    Just another copy paste WOW/GW clone. Elder Scrolls needs to stick to single player only. Clunky game play, bad graphics even on the highest setting. Very disappointed with this "game".
  43. Apr 9, 2014
    Plays like Dragon Age 2 as an MMO. Spend more time running around than doing anything, and when you *are* doing something it's extremely boring. All interiors look the same, even when you get to a new quest zone (which will take you about 24 hours of /played per zone). Dungeon layouts are always the same, house layouts are always the same, there are only two or three tilesets throughoutPlays like Dragon Age 2 as an MMO. Spend more time running around than doing anything, and when you *are* doing something it's extremely boring. All interiors look the same, even when you get to a new quest zone (which will take you about 24 hours of /played per zone). Dungeon layouts are always the same, house layouts are always the same, there are only two or three tilesets throughout the game. Giving you flashbacks of Dragon Age 2 yet?

Quests are boring, they try really hard to keep it interesting with the fully-voiced quest dialogue, but that doesn't remove the problem of going into the same layouts with the same tilesets over and over and over again.

Group dungeons are abysmal, as the "Holy Trinity" mechanic (tank/dps/healer) has pretty much no depth. There aren't aggro tables, tanks can't hold aggro on anything, which means they're pretty much useless in dungeons. Range is best here because they can kite mobs endlessly, if you're a melee DPS or healer expect to die over and over because they didn't bother to build a proper PvE experience for groups. PvE in this game is really just a crappy single-player experience with a $15/month fee, which I view as a single player game that charges you for its DRM.

PvP is the laggy zergfest that Dark Age of Camelot was, the difference is DAoC came out in 2001, this is 2014, why can't ESO do any better?

The game is called "Elder Scrolls" but doesn't feel like "Elder Scrolls" at all. There's no Crime system in the game, Stealth is abysmal so if you like playing Thief types in the other ES games, you won't enjoy it here. The Mage and Fighter guilds are criminally underutilized. The skill system feels like Guild Wars. It doesn't have the sandbox feel of the ES franchise, this is another linear MMO that's trying to keep the mass of people in the same herd and shuffle them along to endgame. Loot upgrades are boring and almost all of the equipment looks the same. The game isn't very good at delivering a sense of progression.

There is no central Auction House in the game, instead the game has Guild Stores. Each guild can have a maximum of 500 members, you can be in 5 guilds at a time, but if you list something in Guild A's store, Guild 2 - 5 will not see it. This means you're only ever listing items that 500 people can ever see (assuming all 500 members are active players). Because of this, you're better off vendoring most of the stuff you'd otherwise be listing in the Auction House in a proper MMO.

Tons of progress-stopping bugs and glitches. Some people have no issues, others seem to be getting nothing but issues. This has been a problem with RPGs since the beginning, but in an MMO, you can't just wait, your subscription is ticking. Can't finish a quest? Move on to the next one. But all too commonly, you move on from one glitched quest to find another glitched quest to find another glitched quest. You can't even grind to try and get a sense of progression when your quest book is filled with broken quests, because monster XP is abysmal - you can't even grind group dungeons for XP because you only get 1 xp per monster kill. They did this because they wanted you to be out in the world questing and going through their storyline, not grinding mobs to get to 50 ASAP and skipping through all their work. This wouldn't be a problem, except what they *want* everyone to do be doing, is what's broken most of the time.

Last time a big-name video game company released an MMO this broken because they thought they were so big they didn't think they needed to care, they had to fire the original staff, take the game off the shelves, tell everyone they were "sorry", and spend two years rebuilding the game. That saw the game re-released into something that was *much* better, and that's pretty much what I feel Elder Scrolls Online needs to do. This isn't a matter of issues that can be ironed out with some patches or addressed with a major content patch or expansion, it's that the entire game is in such a terrible state that the only way to fix it is to take everything apart and try again. This is just an abysmal piece of work, and I wouldn't trust anyone who had a hand in the making of this game with serving me my morning coffee.
  44. Apr 5, 2014
    Worse than Skyrim, worse then a MMO. Combat is terrible, UI is absent, So many buggy quests. Would have been a GREAT MMO had it come out in 2004. So many other average MMOs are better.
  45. Apr 5, 2014
    Money grabbing title. Just generally bad, offers nothing special, milking the profits. Graphics are alright, quests are boring. Basically WoW in Elder Scrolls lore.
  46. Apr 5, 2014
    I just could not get past the aesthetic feeling that I was playing Age of Conan again. The colors, or lack thereof, create a dreary atmosphere. I also found the quests to be an uninspired rehash of all the previous MMO's that I have played. After playing both the ESO and Wildstar Betas I found it easy to choose Wildstar as my next MMO. I know, some of you will say that Wildstar hasI just could not get past the aesthetic feeling that I was playing Age of Conan again. The colors, or lack thereof, create a dreary atmosphere. I also found the quests to be an uninspired rehash of all the previous MMO's that I have played. After playing both the ESO and Wildstar Betas I found it easy to choose Wildstar as my next MMO. I know, some of you will say that Wildstar has cartoony graphics, but I prefer my games to feel colorful and vibrant, unlike the bleak Goya-esque atmosphere of ESO. Expand
  47. Nov 7, 2014
    Great visuals, great score, and it's fantastic to be able to play in the various areas of Tamriel... I just wish it wasn't released unfinished, buggy, unbalanced, and essentially still a beta game. Every update fixes some seriously broken mechanics and usually seriously breaks a bunch of others. Paying $15/month for a game that doesn't remotely feel complete is an insult.

I never

I never thought I'd say this, but: unless this becomes F2P, I won't be playing it again.
  48. Jan 5, 2015
    This game was suposed to be the next big thing: It wasn't.

This game was suposed to be the next big thing: It wasn't.

I've been playing the game since early beta, Fan of TES franchise since Morrowind, I've sadly seen the decline and the dumbing down of the franchise, at first in Oblivion (which was still extremely enjoyable) and afterwards in Skyrim where the game was dumbed down enough to apeal to the console crowd and thus making millions and putting to light a sad fact about nowadays gaming: The easier and dumber it gets, the more people will like it.

The Elder Scrolls online takes the same path as Skyrim, taking it to a whole new level in the desperate attemmpt to make the franchise popular and as available to the maximum amount of players possible thus diminishing the quality of the game.

The game itself is extremely easy to play. You can only use a maximum of 5 skills at the same time, cookie cutter builds are easy to obtain and easy to use (some people still manage to suck big time at the game though, don't worry). End game content was unexistant at launch and there are now 3 12 people raids as well as 1 4 people raid for end gamers to be "entertained". Any seasoned MMO player will have an extremely easy time playing this game and will also likely leave it quickly when he realizes that the game rewards never match the difficulty nor the effort put into the encounter.

Zenimax Online Sutdios itself as a company is a joke. Don't get me wrong, the people working there are awesome and really feel pationnate about the game which is why I'm still playing it, but the people making the decisions must be complete **** with no sense of Public Relations and/or Custommer Relations, they keep making game changing/game breaking patches and have NEVER EVER made any gesture towards their player base in order to compensate them for all the changes they make and all the time that is lost by the players who worked towards goals that end up disapearing.

After 8 months of running, the game is virtually rebooting, Zenimax is calling it Elder Scrolls 2.0. Imagine Final Fantasy XIV had kept milking their player base during 9 months instead of closing the game and relaunching and you'd have a better understanding of what is going on in the game. The players who where at end game where cheated by Zenimax to continue playing since the company claimed their advancement would be tracked and that the new system would reward the players accordingly so that they woudln't loose advancement, but it was a lie. The advancement was tracked but during the reboot, the company is simply planing to put all the players at the same level regardless of their advancement (and this is not the first time they do this). The worst part of it is that the implemented system actually helps players who haven't cleared late game content to advance faster than players who are at end game thus giving them an advantage over dedicated players.

Despite all this, the new system actually looks good, it's just a shame that the company behind the game and the people making the decisions care so little about their PC players who are just beta testing the console release where they plan to make millions like they did with Skyrim. When you look at games with much bigger infrastructure issues like League Of Legends, there allways is a lot of rage towards the company when the game isn't working but Riot Games at least tries to make it up to it's players most of the time, ZOS isn't about that, they are about money.

This game was suposed to be the next big thing, it might still be with the new update, I'm hoping it will since I'm still here, still paying, still believing in it, but the company behind it is probably one of the worst if not the worst in the MMOG industry...
  49. Jul 17, 2014
    I am disappointed in this game. I was one of the earlier beta testers and during beta I thought this could become a great game however, the game was released to early with way too many bugs. The GUI is horrible, Bots are everywhere, many classes are OP, they charge retail price plus a 16 dollar monthly charge for a digital download and every patch introduces more bugs. The game doesn'tI am disappointed in this game. I was one of the earlier beta testers and during beta I thought this could become a great game however, the game was released to early with way too many bugs. The GUI is horrible, Bots are everywhere, many classes are OP, they charge retail price plus a 16 dollar monthly charge for a digital download and every patch introduces more bugs. The game doesn't even have a playable endgame yet. And you only get about 1 gold septim per enemy and the crappyest horse costs 17200 gold or about 17 canadian dollars and that price is just for the horrible horse. Also groups cannot do story line quests together and must go individualy plus when you reach the boss there is already 30 other players waiting for him to respawn. If i could i'd give it a 1/100 Expand
  50. May 10, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls Online; a game I truly hoped would break new ground in the massively multiplayer online role playing game genre. A genre that already has enough bland and generic games to suck up your time, if you wish to do so. A game I and countless others could only hope would be Skyrim in an MMO environment. All of us were quite disappointed with the sack of not so special orThe Elder Scrolls Online; a game I truly hoped would break new ground in the massively multiplayer online role playing game genre. A genre that already has enough bland and generic games to suck up your time, if you wish to do so. A game I and countless others could only hope would be Skyrim in an MMO environment. All of us were quite disappointed with the sack of not so special or groundbreaking brown potato's that was given to us, called The Elder Scrolls Online.

Having played the game for roughly a month, I was still waiting for the game to be fun. Instead it simply felt average or plain. The quests were not very engaging, combat system was a bit different but still left you longing for more, drops were not scaled at all, repair bills were extremely high considering how much gold the enemies dropped (1-2 gold for bosses), and much more. Attempting to do dungeons was one of the first gripes I had; most dungeons you enter and you will have a straight walk to the boss, because someone has already come in and wiped all the mobs (trash or not) out for you (how nice). Once you get to the boss you assume, I'll be able to take this guy, it's a single player quest, surely they wouldn't make this guy Superman in a world where no kryptonite existed, they did. Now you're stuck at the boss waiting for another player to come through and end up at the end and assist.

Remember how in Skyrim if you killed an enemy, basically you could take everything off him; armor, pants, gloves, helmet, sword, bow, dagger, potion, crafting supplies, and even more than 1-2 gold. Well, here you might get 1 gold and a mushroom. Even in the level ranges of 30+ mobs (even bosses) would only drop 1-2 gold at max. My repair bills at that point were over 300 gold, that wasn't even with level appropriate armor. The quests were where you made your money, but seriously, 1 - 2 per mob from level 1 - 30+, you have got to be kidding.

Though I will praise the game with it's crafting system. I honestly found myself more interested in crafting than actually leveling or questing. The crafting was fun, though I thought the models you were given were quite bland.

Exploring the map was, quite useless. There are a few quests throughout the map, off the beaten path, but it felt like you were guided to this additional quest. Clearing each map took quite some time, I spend 8-16 hours clearing numerous maps, some took more as I had to walk all over the place. And travel is not fun, a good horse costs an ungodly amount of money, or you can shill out $20 for a starter horse and be able to play as an Imperial class. The horse is quite slow and you can only upgrade the horse every 20 hours. Upgrading the horse felt... useless and drawn out. It was nice to summon a horse, but I didn't feel like I completed any quests quicker because of it.

Questing was fun, if you don't mind the mindless kill 10 parrots and bring me red feathers or go talk to Potato and give him this letter from Raddish, or investigate the mines as something spooky is happening (oooooOOOOOOooooH). It was fun, if the quests would work half the time. Every other quest I encountered I had to log out of the game and back in to try to finish it. If that didn't fix it, I would have to restart the quest over. Now starting the quest over meant starting the QUEST LINE ALL OVER AGAIN. So, you thought you wasted your time getting to this point the 1st time? Do it again a second time and hope the quests initiates for you. I would have easily over looked this, but seriously, it was every other quest.

These "Mega-Servers" were complete garbage as well. Now I am sure they have a massive data center with all these servers getting pounded on by Tom, Dick, and Harry trying to slay David the Gnome. With all the crashes, lag spikes, and immediate shutdowns, it makes you wonder what in the world they are doing. I can overlook a few technical difficulties, but when this is coupled with quests that do not work, a game I am waiting for to get fun, plus nothing really scaling, and monsters I found at level 1,5,10,15,20 re-named and scaled for level 30, you are pushing your luck on a game.

All in all, if you feel like paying Filet Mignon prices for this Wal-Mart cut of meat game , this is your game! It's bland, so bland that it hurts. It's boring, you wait for the fun to happen and fool yourself to think its coming in the next level or two to keep you going. With the title of Elder Scrolls we were promised a great game. Instead they took that title, wiped their butt with it, slapped it on this excuse for an MMO, and fed it to us at Ruth Chris.
  51. Jun 12, 2014
    I honestly expect that anyone who could honestly say ESO was a good game is A, astroturfing, or B, still suffering from the shock of how awful it is. Is it a good MMO... Not really. Is it a good Elder Scrolls game, not really at all.
  52. Oct 2, 2014
    This game is not an Elder Scrolls Game! It is not! It defiles all Elder Scrolls history, it's an average MMO that steals the name along with our money; It has huge maps, but it charges 20 dollars for a horse so you can move through it, since running is totally impossible for people who work and have little time to play. Shame on you Bethesda!! Shame on you for letting this game happen!This game is not an Elder Scrolls Game! It is not! It defiles all Elder Scrolls history, it's an average MMO that steals the name along with our money; It has huge maps, but it charges 20 dollars for a horse so you can move through it, since running is totally impossible for people who work and have little time to play. Shame on you Bethesda!! Shame on you for letting this game happen! There is no excuse for this game! Expand
  53. Sep 28, 2014
    I hated the economy. For example no way to sell to strangers beside spamming trade chat with WTS. And the fans from the elder scrolls series don't want to play an MMO and the game reflects it.
  54. Oct 15, 2014
    one of the worst games i´ve ever played. the game is so boring, wasted money. and then u have to give them ur bank details or u cant play. thats not normal. shame on bethesda
  55. May 10, 2014
    Not quite as bad as Neverwinter but not better than any other game except Neverwinter. In terms of cash grabs about the same as Neverwinter.

Graphics haven't changed any since Skyrim (most people claim its worse but looked the same to me). So they're decent still. The storyline is written great, as with all Elder Scrolls games. And that's where the positive aspects of the game stop.

All the bugs from beta are still in the game, you couldn't even progress your storyline after release based on your faction. You will fall through the world randomly for no reason. You will get stuck on stairs. You will be dismounted from your horse while running along a road for no reason at all.

The combat is extremely slow. There are very few skills per class and most are useless so you'll be spamming the same skills as every other Dragon Knight / Nightblade / etc in the game.

The quests are spread out to the point where all you'll be doing is running around looking for more quests or running for days to turn in the quests you did. The quests have you backtrack often also, no streamlining at all has been done to make the progression smooth.

At the end of the day if all you care about is Story you should grab this game and play through it inside of 1 month then cancel your sub and move on. If you care about having fun, the combat, quests, bugs or any actual gameplay aspects of the game then you should definitely avoid getting this game.
  56. May 10, 2014
    TESO is as boring as WoW. Until one accumulates an obscene amount of cash the game play resembles a running simulator more than an RPG. The quests are go here, kill that, fetch this bring it back rinse and repeat. The Elder Scrolls immersed me in a world that afforded characters, quests and a storyline I cared about TESO not so much. I quit WoW when it started to remind me of work TESOTESO is as boring as WoW. Until one accumulates an obscene amount of cash the game play resembles a running simulator more than an RPG. The quests are go here, kill that, fetch this bring it back rinse and repeat. The Elder Scrolls immersed me in a world that afforded characters, quests and a storyline I cared about TESO not so much. I quit WoW when it started to remind me of work TESO is already becoming a chore. The graphics are ok but not comparable to PC versions of Skyrim. All in all I paid far too much for the game and the monthly fee adds insult to injury. This is a major disappointment for me. Expand
  57. Jul 17, 2014
    Rushed, hollow, lacking and sense of achievement or reason to keep playing. Welcome to the world of bugs, rehashed concepts that aren't done as well as any existing franchise and a non-existent end-game. Save you money, avoid this product at all costs. If you really feel like you want to play Elder Scrolls, Skyrim will be much more entertaining even on a seventh play through.

A lot of

A lot of people wanted this to be good. But it just isn't, and that's a shame.
  58. Sep 8, 2014
    Autoaim?.... really??? A ELDER SCROLLS WITH AUTOAIM!???

Is at least disappointing, coming from the heritage of a game series that dared to be different from the crowd and define its own genre of open fps rpg gaming like.
    Nice scenery and crafting is good, everything else is just generic,dull and poorly executed. What an absolute disappointment!!!
  59. Jul 24, 2014
    Why oh why did they make this an MMORPG!? Traditional MMO quest hubs, static events and typical internet tomfoolery just kill the immersion I loved in skyrim.
  60. Jul 20, 2014
    I will start out by saying that I think the immersion and "feel" of Oblivion is far more engaging then ESO.

I know ESO is an MMO , but my experience in ESO was like a single player MMO , where you use the group tool to find a few people to run through the dungeons with every so often because you're completely bored of running around for hours doing handfuls of mostly bland and boring quests for NPC's that are just as bland and boring.

Most of the quests are thinly veiled "fetch" quests where you run....and run, for a few seconds until you are out of stamina, then you walk... and walk, and walk and gather x number of goblin toes or whatever.... then you run, and walk, and walk, and walk some more to go back and "turn in" the quest and get your unimpressive rewards...

At it's core ESO is a RPG... or at least it's supposed to be, but it doesn't do a very good job of it.... my character seemed like just some random sword swinging errand boy, that runs and runs and runs, and walks and walks, and kills whatever is between him and the goblin ears he needs to complete his current yawn inspiring quest.

I bought ESO a couple weeks ago, before it was available on Steam, had to pay $60+ for it... and while the game looks beautiful, it feels shallow, the characters and quests feel hollow.

Inside of 2 days I found myself skipping all the conversations, and skipping through the lore... being annoyed at the massive amount of running that seemed suspiciously like I was being compelled to break out some more cash to buy a horse... A horse that even at level 20 I am nowhere near where I would need to be in terms of gold to be able to buy with in game currency.

The tight storage capacity, and the excessive cost of expanding it was also dubious and felt kind of like a way burn up every last little bit of gold you can scrounge up by adventuring. So that you might come to the conclusion that it would just be easier to break out your wallet, so you can actually get to the fun part.... that is, even then, elusive, I'm sure.

I was completely turned off by the whole running out of inventory space every 40 minutes or so, then needing to travel across the continent to dismantle the unimpressive spoils of adventure that I had accumulated, into raw materials, so that I could sell some off to pay for more storage space to stockpile the rest of it, in hopes that one day I would be able to craft it into something useful.

The game has beautiful graphics and environments.... that are full of boring, "been there, done that" quests and endless time sinks and gold traps.

The objective of the game, from the company's perspective... is to keep you on an endless hamster wheel of chasing gold and materials.... it's meant to keep you broke...in game and out, and to burn up as much time without progress as possible, so you don't make it to "end game" territory (which there is next to none of) without paying for at least a couple months worth of subscription fees first.

And while it is doing that, it makes life hard in terms of travel and inventory management on anyone that is not willing to break out their wallet and spend.

It just seemed like the time I spent playing ESO was highlighted more by disappointment and regret for the purchase then it was by a good gaming experience.

It feels like the loyal fans and followers of The Elder Scroll series are being extorted with ESO... it's a blatant, unapologetic cash grab.

A full price premium purchase, with a monthly subscription... AND micro transactions... in a game designed to burn up time for the sake of holding you hostage until after your next months subscription is paid... No thanks. I canceled my subscription today, still have another 10 or 12 days left on my "free" month, I doubt very seriously that I will be logging in anymore though.

I guess the rest of the gaming community is already starting to make their displeasure known as well, since ESO is on sale via steam at 50% off right now. Another insult to those that have paid full price recently.

I imagine the announcement that they are dropping the subscription fees isn't too far off either, and when that happens maybe I'll log back in again and take another look, maybe the devs will stop focusing so hard on their customers wallets and focus on fixing the quests that were broken and impossible to complete for the entire month that I played their game, or should I say GOT played BY their game.

I am not against companies making money, even copious amounts of it, but don't be greedy . Produce a great game and people will spend money for DLC, expansions, in game items, etc, etc...

But if they keep demanding money from them while simultaneously letting them down and making them feel taken advantage of.... this game will be free to play before you can say dungeons and dragons online.
  61. Nov 3, 2014
    I didn't give this game a 1 because of the crap combat downgrade from skyrim where it now just feels like you're hitting a magnetic pork chop that keeps repelling your sword, I didn't give it a 1 because of the graphics that look at about the same level as oblivion nor did I give it a 1 for the way they tried to shove the elder scrolls down an MMO pipe as you no longer have any of theI didn't give this game a 1 because of the crap combat downgrade from skyrim where it now just feels like you're hitting a magnetic pork chop that keeps repelling your sword, I didn't give it a 1 because of the graphics that look at about the same level as oblivion nor did I give it a 1 for the way they tried to shove the elder scrolls down an MMO pipe as you no longer have any of the beauty of a story in the beginning as intricate as the games previous and the layout for choosing class and race feels like something they rejected from WoW or Guild Wars 2.

I gave this game a 1 for the simple reason that it is an incredible disappointment to the elder scrolls series. I spent almost £100 on this game and I couldn't feel more ripped off if I bought Big Rigs Over The Road Racing for that price. All in all, don't buy this game. At least not now until something is done with it like a large overhaul of literally everything. Even if this game was £15 with lifetime subscription I still would hesitate to buy it, the best thing we can do now is wait for Elder Scrolls VI to come out. See you in 2020.
  62. May 9, 2014
    I started WoW in 2005 and since then have played LotRO and GW2. I played Skyrim with all the DLC for about 600 hours. Before that I ran through Oblivion a couple of times. I've also played several of the Fallout series. I'm sorry to say that The Elder Scrolls Online is the low point of this series.

This game is EXTREMELY BUGGY and the quest difficulty is absurdly unpredictable. This especially applies to the 'main story' quests. The player economy is broken, making crafting a waste of time. Voice acting ranges bizarrely from very good to very poor. Animations range from good to fair. Scenery has repetitive elements and lacks real artistic flair. Especially bizarre is instance play. Most instances are public, including most of those labeled as 'solo dungeons'. That robs them of all difficulty when other players are nearby. It's very strange to see other players in instances where the story line suggests you are uniquely able to overcome a certain challenge. Often these other players will have carbon copies of the same 'unique' npc who is trailing you around. Occasionally you'll meet an unbeatable boss in a true solo instance that will hold you back as much as ten levels. Often you'll be defeated by buggy combat mechanics -- like, you knock-back a boss who passes through the scenery and then resets the entire fight, or even refuses to engage you after that so you have to abandon the quest or reboot the game to progress.

It's a crying shame that such a promising series leads experienced players into positions of extreme frustration with such frequency.
  63. May 6, 2014
    I'll keep this short and sweet. If you are here looking for an Elder Scrolls game... you're sadly in the wrong place. Everything that made Elder Scrolls what it is... is not in this game. This is simply not an Elder Scrolls game. No criminal system, no open freedom, no sense of choice or consequences.

In short, they would have been better off just naming it, "Online." TESO has no

In short, they would have been better off just naming it, "Online." TESO has no more in common with its Elder Scrolls roots than it does with games like WoW, Rift or EverQuest. I could go into the bugs or the half-baked quests and just terrible, terrible group mechanics... but I don't need to. This is a strictly generic online MMORPG. Nothing more, nothing less.
  64. Jun 3, 2014
    The Good:
    Crafting is fairly easy to pick up and you are not limited in number of professions.
    A world that is quite nice to look at, but fairly hollow if you try to look too deep. Well, at least it was fun to see some Kahjit culture. The leveling system has some good freeform ideas that would be a fun Mod in Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind, but the game feels like a cheap cash-in to
    The Good:
    Well, at least it was fun to see some Kahjit culture.
    The leveling system has some good freeform ideas that would be a fun Mod in Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind, but the game feels like a cheap cash-in to exploit long time fans of the series.

The Bad:
    The dungeons are terrible! About 90% of the bosses had 10-20 people swinging at the air over the piles of dead boss and you had better join them if you want to land a hit on the respawn.
    You must compete with other players for chests and many other items, so if you fail your lockpick, then the next person spam clicking “E” on it will jump in your place.
    SPAMBOTSPAMBOTSSPAMBOTSMORESPAMBOTS. (You can’t read anything in chat unless you install a MOD to stop it or only use guild/party chat.)

IMO:
    They could have taken a great many hints from Guild Wars 2 and made the PVE a fun and cooperative experience, but the other players in this game will only function to steal your thunder as a hero or just steal the loot chest you’ve been working on.

I absolutely can’t recommend this game to an Elder Scrolls fan OR a basic MMO fan.
    What a waste…
  65. Jun 12, 2014
    I had such high hopes for this game as i played all the games to date. The best ones in my opinion was Oblivion followed by skyrim. However with that being said it was clear within a week that this game would go F2P in 6 months to a year. Why? I'm glad you asked! First the business model is terrible. First to have buy the game. Fine ok i can do that. You get a free month of playI had such high hopes for this game as i played all the games to date. The best ones in my opinion was Oblivion followed by skyrim. However with that being said it was clear within a week that this game would go F2P in 6 months to a year. Why? I'm glad you asked! First the business model is terrible. First to have buy the game. Fine ok i can do that. You get a free month of play but you have to pay for your first paid month up front before you can get your free month of play and access to the Imperial race and a mount to start off with is hidden behind a pay wall. There is Micro Transactions within the game as well. Second: this is a game that is set in the TES world that is meant to be played with others. In the month i have played i found playing with others irritating and tedious at best. If you are not on the exact part of the quest your friend is on you can't help them or even see them. The main story line is solo only and the roles within a dungeon setting is horrific at best. You can play any of the 4 classes in any role you prefer BUT only the way Bethesda has intended it to be played. The skill lines in said classes are mediocre at best and choices to customize those skills are in no way dramatic or game changers. The combat is terrible and clunky and poorly executed. The graphics a horrible and group play is not fun at all. The roles are poorly executed. For example if you are a tank your role in the group is to taunt the boss, continuously block and heal yourself. You actually feel completely useless and is in no way engaging in any way. Healing in the game takes away as you really don't have any control over who you heal. The heals are suppose to be "smart" healing but in many cases is incredibly dumb and doesn't actually heal who it's should and when it should. DPS is fun for about 10 seconds then it gets boring. The quests are terrible and most of the time you feel you are doing the same quest over and over just with different mobs. Sometimes you get a companion to come and help you but most of the time they just stand there and do nothing. Spells often fail to cast which require you to double click them, THEN when they do go off the added function of the spell fails to function correctly. Everything about the Knight Blade class is broken at the moment. Classes seem to have been created with a certain role in mind and if you deviate from that it feels too clunky and inorganic. The PVP content which has been the major selling point of this game is fun the first time around, after that it just gets boring. There is no relevant economy to speak of other than getting into a guild to sell stuff to other people in your guild. To take it a step further in order to access the guild market you have to have 50+ members. The server is always down and the game is riddled with bugs. When they fix one thing they break 10 other things in the process. Whoever thought that this game was a good idea to produce in it's current state with it's current business model and constantly broken features should have been fired on the spot.

In short if you like Paying money for a game and then paying a monthly sub for a game you'll grow tired of in a month then i say buy it. If you actually want to be entertained for weeks and have fun with friends while doing it, simply put... LOOK ELSEWHERE. GW2 is F2P just have to buy the game. Neverwinter is totally free to play give that a go as well.

Those who have stuck around to read this far, thanks. Have fun gaming!
  66. May 11, 2014
    this is the worst mmo i ever played in my 29 years of life.
    complete pure garbadge.
    the only thing good it has is the uninstall button trust me.

67. May 29, 2014
    The game has insane potential, but at this point in time should not be considered a finished product for purchase, chiefly due to technical flaws. They seem to lack preparedness with the security and integrity of the client as well, as there are often periods of the day when there are more automated bots and hackers than there are normal players.
  68. Apr 29, 2014
    I went into ESO with high expectations wanting to join a community that I thought would be vibrant and fun. It turns out that I was in for a letdown. The NPCs voices are voiced at least in Ebonheart by New Zealanders whom Zenimax has chosen for it's dunmer or dark elf race. But all the major ones are voiced by the distinctive voices we heard in Skyrim. So distinctive in fact that hearingI went into ESO with high expectations wanting to join a community that I thought would be vibrant and fun. It turns out that I was in for a letdown. The NPCs voices are voiced at least in Ebonheart by New Zealanders whom Zenimax has chosen for it's dunmer or dark elf race. But all the major ones are voiced by the distinctive voices we heard in Skyrim. So distinctive in fact that hearing the same ones on character after character begins to melt them all into the one waxy image in the mind's eye. Add to that bodies that do not move when you are speaking to an NPC and you are interacting with at best what I describe as a clothed upright log. Also the game is full of bugs. the bugs get patched and this opens up the way for more bugs. Disgustingly the game has an autoban feature. For instance say too much, even via helping other players and this broken auto ban feature will see it as spam and ban you without even the decency of an email to let you know they stole your game from under you. Or fall thru one of the many holes the developers left in this bugged out world and you can be banned for cheating. Don't expect an email to notify you they banned you, you are left to try and get fail after fail attemps logging into the game the following day wondering why you cannot log in. It is criminal. Then you are left with WEEKS, in the case of many players, trying to get some answers out of support. They don't seem to care and they are giving the impression they do not want us playing their game. Sadly I have found Elder Scrolls Online seriously wanting. I never see two or more players grouped up tackling PVE missions for example as you will see in Guild Wars 2. It's just single players running around, mostly not helping others (unless there is something in it for them), The loot system is another bone of contention. Chests abound, but arguments avail as it's first come first serve. If you want a fun immersive community game to play as an MMO then I suggest you look farther afield. ESO is lacking in just about everything, the graphics are not up to the latest that you will find elsewhere and the combat feels off, askew. Don't waste your money here. Expand
  69. May 9, 2014
    Where do I begin. Boring fetch quests with absolutely no depth or expansive lore that begs one to do anything beyond the main story. Unless you want to be grinding day and night to get that extra level up.

On top of that the market system is extremely broken and the entire game needs a reset thanks to handy little bugs like the duplication glitch. Every person that has invested money in this game should be given a full refund. Dreadful game.
  70. May 17, 2014
    Level 8, 6 hours /played. Extremely disappointing. Combat is boring, I prefer WoW / LotRO / RIFT / FF XIV style. Story is weak for Zenimax / Bethesda. Hard to know where to go or what to do at times. Still lots of bots, lots of vulgar language, lots of gold spammers. Feels strongly as if the developers vastly under-estimated how much work was necessary to make a good MMORPG. Going back toLevel 8, 6 hours /played. Extremely disappointing. Combat is boring, I prefer WoW / LotRO / RIFT / FF XIV style. Story is weak for Zenimax / Bethesda. Hard to know where to go or what to do at times. Still lots of bots, lots of vulgar language, lots of gold spammers. Feels strongly as if the developers vastly under-estimated how much work was necessary to make a good MMORPG. Going back to RIFT because it has fun and challenging combat, top-notch PvP, Great co-op dynamic content, fantastic instances, and a great amount of personal customization / character builds. This game tremendously hurt my view of one of my favorite developers. Expand
  71. Jun 7, 2014
    This is NOT an elder scrolls game. This is a generic MMO with elderscrolls theme to it. There is nearly no freewill. You -MUST- complete specific quests to leave the first area, then you -MUST- complete more specific quests to leave that area, and so forth.

All of the fun of stealhing around, pickpocketing, pick locking, and in general stealing everything you can find, is gone. It's now replaced with a Fable based system but worse.

You are very restricted into your character class. In most elderscrolls games if you want to be rogue you can learn magic and increase your fighting skills. In ESO you cannot access sorcerer abilities EVERY as a knight or nightblade.

The only time this every felt like an ES game was when I decided to go fishing. because it's what I wanted to do and not what a long chain of NPCs were telling me to do.

Again, you cannot pickpock as a rogue! you cannot kill every NPC in sight, you cannot loot every piece of equipment off an enemy you kill. Your given a RANDOM item that usually sucks. Almost all loot you find on bodies is worthless and garbage so there is no point in running around fighting things if that's what you want to do to make a living.

If you go to loot the 1 cabinet in the house that you can actually click on your given a RANDOM piece of garbage.

I played through almost all betas and was surprised to see that there were still so many bugs after months of being able to fix them. some quests just deadend and you are stuck in your Area and cannot leave because it's one that you must complete to leave.

The story was compelling and well thought out. I truely wanted to explore this ingame universe for the story but the gameplay was unacceptable!
  72. Jun 10, 2014
    Very poor game. I am sad to say that I wasted my money on it. This game is in no way a predecessor to the previous Elder Scrolls games, and it shames the license. I had absolutely no fun playing it, and I recommend this title no nobody, ever.
  73. May 12, 2014
    Can you meh. While the game has the Lore its very much your standard Theme Park. The phasing while in groups in the open world doesn't work to the players benefit.

There are just no "OMG That was awesome" moments in this game like the Singel player versions
  74. Jun 8, 2014
    This is really a fantastic game. That game is called Skyrim. Except Skyrim doesn't charge a subscription, and doesn't have gold spam bots swarming all over the dungeons and resource nodes. The game goes out of it's way to separate players from one another, one upping WoW: Cataclysm's baffling decision to "phase" all it's players into isolated bubble version of the game world. ZenimaxThis is really a fantastic game. That game is called Skyrim. Except Skyrim doesn't charge a subscription, and doesn't have gold spam bots swarming all over the dungeons and resource nodes. The game goes out of it's way to separate players from one another, one upping WoW: Cataclysm's baffling decision to "phase" all it's players into isolated bubble version of the game world. Zenimax was trying to make each player the hero of the story, but all they succeeded in doing is creating a strange feeling of isolation. The question is, why is that worth paying $15 a month? You'll get the same experience playing a single-player game with a Twitter window open. Expand
  75. Jul 28, 2014
    I Played every beta, closed and open, while the game itself was "ok" the price and p2p subscription is unfathomable.

I'm not stupid (at least i don't think i am) i know the game requires income to stay online, but the current box price (and even digital download) combined with the high subscription makes this game costly, and for what you get it is not in any way worth it. The loot

The loot is mediocre and the PvP gets old fast - the game almost feels like a a solo game trying to enter into the Elder scrolls universe, almost a rip-off if you will (like GTA clones) But Lacking the graphics and being double the price of its rivals, which is madness.

Like many, if the subscription drop's its price a little (or it dies and goes free to play) then i would give it a second chance - but for now i will just stick to skyrim + mods.
  76. Jul 21, 2014
    Following TESO since its original announcement, i was pretty excited when I finally got to sit down and play. I loaded in and the character creation was a fantastic first step in the game, however from there things gradually go downhill. The first thing you notice is that the graphics have been dramatically downgraded (in terms of skyrim), for obvious reasons, being that it is an mmo, thisFollowing TESO since its original announcement, i was pretty excited when I finally got to sit down and play. I loaded in and the character creation was a fantastic first step in the game, however from there things gradually go downhill. The first thing you notice is that the graphics have been dramatically downgraded (in terms of skyrim), for obvious reasons, being that it is an mmo, this is not such a big problem, however a lot of the animations are also poor, which almost emphasise the fact that the graphics are no skyrim and also the fact that you are now playing an mmo. A lot of people will tell you this game is very different from most MMOs, it is not. The same core principles apply to this as to most other MMOs on the market albeit it has a slighlty different look. However one most important things for an MMO to get right, questing, feels hollow and unimmerssive. The biggest problem I have with TESOs questing is that for an MMO the Multiplayer and Co-operative elements are somewhat lacking. If you decide to do a quest you can follow your own path, but as soon as you try teaming up with friends the quest is not shared, unlike for example guild wars where you group up and alll get the same cut-scenes ect ect, This means that you can take the same quest logs but it never really feels like you have teamed up with friend morte like you are playing a single player game whilst your friends also play a single player game at the same moment. The when you are questing alone often you run through rooms which are already being cleared out by other players making your role in the quest utterly pointless, it makes the game completely unimmersive and frankly a little bit boring.

My verdict is that TESO is no skyrim if you want the skyrim experence buy skyrim, which is a fantastic game. =
    - If you want an online version of Skyrim, this is not the game, it will leave you feeling utterly disappointed as the graphics are worse, the animations are terrible, its unimerssive, the controls are worse, every aspect of the game is a downgrade on Skyrim.
    +(However)+
    - If you want a decent MMO this is also not the game for you, it is sub-par at best, especially in comaprison to other MMOs currently on the market. Some feature seem pretty cool at first glance but in actual fact they are pretty gimmicky and add nothing to the overall experence. It is also a very expensive game in terms of base price and the per month cost compared to some much better MMOs and most importantly it lacks the core multiplayer gameplay that MMOs are supposed to offer.

This is a game that can surely only dissapoint two target audiences, MMO gamers and Skyrim fans.
  77. Jul 20, 2014
    You only need to see the 50% steam sale and locked forum for only people who have bought the game to see the the desperation of these so called developers. Zenimax online will end up where ninja theory is after DMC, making app games for mobiles haha.
  78. Jul 23, 2014
    Over all I didn't find this game to be anywhere near what i had expected or hoped for. Several, SEVERAL bugged quest lines, poor character development, and very repetitive MoBs. There isn't anything special about this game at all. In fact i would say this is a pay to play version of the game Two Worlds.

Even while you are questing with your friends it does not feel like you are sharing the same quest. You still have to complete your whole quest ( say you had to kill 10 boars, your party mate kills 5 and you kill 5. Normal MMOs your quest would be done. Not this one, you both still need to kill the 5 each. Same goes for any other quest.) Half the time my friend and i couldn't even see each othr while we were questing.

This game could have been a LOT better.

If you are going to play a great MMO, I recommend FF:ARR
  79. Aug 31, 2014
    You can't go from Skyrim to Elder Scrolls Online.... Bethesda and Zenimax dropped the ball on this one. This game had so much potential to be great but Zenimax and Bethesda clearly did not test it nearly enough and just released a game that just doesn't feel good to play.
  80. Dec 5, 2014
    The 3 different factions you can choose from all have different backgrounds but the same repetitive missions. Though some blame the TES "fanboys" for the negative reviews, this game has an unbelievable amount of similarities and references to Skyrim where it fails as a predecessor. I did not like this game at all, the only "plus" to this game is the massive high quality environment andThe 3 different factions you can choose from all have different backgrounds but the same repetitive missions. Though some blame the TES "fanboys" for the negative reviews, this game has an unbelievable amount of similarities and references to Skyrim where it fails as a predecessor. I did not like this game at all, the only "plus" to this game is the massive high quality environment and splendid soundtracks. Expand
  81. Dec 11, 2014
    This game could have been so much more than what it is, even for an MMO. It's way overpriced for what it is, there's having a subscription to worry about paying after already buying a $70 game. Animations are horrible, immersion is terrible, and combat is terrible. All in all, very disappointing.
  82. Jan 22, 2015
    The game is average at best, very poor end game content. But the worst part is the company running it. They have been lying from the get go. They promised regular updates and content as this was a sub based game, but nothing came out except 1 zone in a year. Now they are switching their model to further nickel and dime people. Get this: People paid a sub, never got any content it was beingThe game is average at best, very poor end game content. But the worst part is the company running it. They have been lying from the get go. They promised regular updates and content as this was a sub based game, but nothing came out except 1 zone in a year. Now they are switching their model to further nickel and dime people. Get this: People paid a sub, never got any content it was being developped but they kept it away to be able to release it as paying DLC now. DO NOT BUY this game, those guys are using bait&switch practises and will screw you. Expand
  83. Jul 10, 2014
    Graphics: 8 / Sound: 9 / Likeness to ES: 5 / Gameplay: 3 / Character customization: 4
    Combat Melee: 5 / Combat Casting: 6 / Combat Archery: 1 / Gameworld Navigation: 2
    Questing: 2 / Partying: 2 / Guilds: 2 / In Game Chat: 1 / Cheats/Exploits Prevention: 1 Character Control: 6 / Game Economy: 1 / Inventory
    Character Control: 6 / Game Economy: 1 / Inventory Control: 4 / Crafting System: 10
    Hype/Expectation/Delivery: 2 / Producers Response: 1 / Fanboy Boost: 10
  84. Jul 13, 2014
    The Game lacks in the Open World feel, and basically if you want to feel like a badass, try not to get beat down by the super impressive mudcrabs. Please tell the programmers and developers to stop posting 10's on the site. Its ok to vote for your horse but lets be honest ok, you are like the Mom with the my kids #1 sign.
  85. May 14, 2014
    You can't give this game 10. Or a 9 or anything above a 5. All the fanboys rating 10 are simply comparing it to WoW instead of Skyrim. No, Elder Scrolls fans deserve better. From the shockingly boring gameplay, to the horrendous group options, to the inability to correctly play coop in the same quest, to the removal of building/modding houses as well as the ability to interact with prettyYou can't give this game 10. Or a 9 or anything above a 5. All the fanboys rating 10 are simply comparing it to WoW instead of Skyrim. No, Elder Scrolls fans deserve better. From the shockingly boring gameplay, to the horrendous group options, to the inability to correctly play coop in the same quest, to the removal of building/modding houses as well as the ability to interact with pretty much anything other than an enemy/resources. The Elder Scrolls charm is long gone. Gold per kill is 1, max 2 even on a boss. Horses are anywhere from 20,000 upwards unless you BUY the Imperial race or the horse. This is a downright slap in the face after paying for the game in full as well as the monthly subscription!
    If you idiots want to keep comparing this game to WoW obviously it's better but it's no where close to what it should be. Definitely not worth $80. The ESO team was good enough to give me a refund, I suggest you all do the same. Wait till free to play rather.
  86. May 8, 2014
    ESO issues that made me unsub after a month:

- No EU servers, no timeline for the move - Bugs ("Loading" anyone?), Exploits, Unbalance - just too many of them - Unresponsive combat, especially the weapon switch, especially in PVP - Bad PVP map/keep design - No real incentive for PVP - no point in taking or holding scrolls and keeps, everything is so easy there's no meaning to it -
    ESO issues that made me unsub after a month:

- No EU servers, no timeline for the move
    - Bugs ("Loading" anyone?), Exploits, Unbalance - just too many of them
    - Unresponsive combat, especially the weapon switch, especially in PVP
    - Bad PVP map/keep design
    - No real incentive for PVP - no point in taking or holding scrolls and keeps, everything is so easy there's no meaning to it - emperorship is a joke
    - VR content is recycled and unbalanced other faction's content that kills replayability and faction pride
    - VR content is a pure grind without any progression, it is meaningless and extremely boring
    - grouping tool is horrible and discourages group play
    - daedric invasion is a joke, dark anchors are repetitive and pointless, why should anybody care about closing them?
    - poor communication from ZOS, horrible maintenance practices, ridiculous statements about future content without any timeline - they're basically trolling people with vague statements
    - on rails questing which doesn't do much to promote exploration
    - bad inventory design and management
    - lacking UI
    - bots, bots everywhere
    - players, players everywhere - instancing done very poorly and making most quests pointless or impossible to do in the "proper" way - an engaging story is cool but what's the point if 10 people come by and wreck chaos on everything, fart, barf and dance around - this is single player design failing badly in a MMO

All in all, ESO has very little new (which is badly designed) and much old (badly designed as well). The game has very little of TES and feels a bland, generic fantasy MMO.
    Last but not least, it appears it's going for 18£ with 60 days game time included.
    I have shelled 49£ for it during preorder and feel deeply insulted by this.
  87. Jul 14, 2014
    I update my score.
    I update my score.
    I WAS enthusiastic, i saw a lot of potential in this game. After 4 months, a monthly paid teams has done NOTHING to fix the big problems of this game. i'm not referring about bugs, that's are macromistakes, i'm telling about all the features that a mmporg player is expecting to find! No PVP, at all, just people randomly zerging the evening casting random aoe in random places.
    PVE i hell boring, if you are unlucky and you don't find other three free people in your guild you cannot even advance in your progress.
    I won't spent more than a phrase about veteran lvls...shame on you, just a shame (i'm vet 12.. most boring things ever done in my entire gaming life)
    Housing? what is it! guild features?why! Auction house? no, we don't want gold sellers(ha...ha...ha!)
    3 skill to improve? some classes just unplayable alone (and some others sucks in pvp), totally unbalanced.
    Considering that some banks bugs have DESTROYED the economy, some players have thousands of rare item for crafting, so there is no more economy to build..
    Farewell my dear, Spending 80$ and more on you was a painful mistake...
  88. Apr 28, 2014
    I have now spent over 2 weeks in the game, a week of attempts at solid playtime.. and the second week desperately trying to convince myself to even click the .exe file to load the game. Even after doing so, my play time gets less and less each load up.

Ignore the "OMG THIS GAME IS TEH BEST EVAH!" reviews on here.. seriously. Your gold prices are absolutely INSANE. Seriously. My

Ignore the "OMG THIS GAME IS TEH BEST EVAH!" reviews on here.. seriously.

Your gold prices are absolutely INSANE. Seriously. My level 10 Templar just got a 2,000 GOLD REPAIR BILL.. at level TEN. TEN. As in, 1 and 0. TEN. What the ()*#%$ is this crap?! 17k for ONE horse... you're kidding me right?

Third - While I applaud your battle against spambots, you guys simply aren't doing enough. WHY do I have to ignore a bot, THEN report a bot, THEN type and select dropdown menus, THEN submit the repot, THEN wait around for confirmation? Go play WoW. Take a page from their book. (please, Im BEGGING you at this point..) Click name - Report Spam. BAM. DONE. Instantly Reported/Screenshot/Ignored. All in ONE mouse click. ONE. This is 2014, not 1998. I shouldn't have to feel like I'm working with DoS just to submit a spambot report. DON'T turn into FFXIV ARR and just put this on the back burner.. THIS NEEDS ADDRESSED ASAP.

Fourth - Spambots are annoying... Bots FLOODING dungeon bosses are even more so. Seriously. My wife and I cannot complete a SINGLE dungeon because of the 30+ Bots named IHSDHSCBHA and ASCFRFJSAS using Templar Spear. Honestly, it's so beyond annoying that it's becoming outright anger inducing at this point.

Fifth - This is why almost EVERY MMO moved far far away from "public" dungeons ala EverQuest 1998, "Camping" mobs, idiot trains, and a flood of bot farming kills any sense of "immersion." Not to mention there is ZERO challenge involved in any of them due to the fact there is a constant congo line of players running in and out.. so no mobs are ever up to actually FIGHT. IT IS 110% MIND-NUMBINGLY BORING.

Sixth - Mages suck. Im sorry, I hate to say it.. I dont WANT to say it.. but it's true. They are absolutely TERRIBLE. Unless you take a VERY specific skill selection (freedom of customization is OUT the window for a mage.) you are 100% useless. 99.99% of the time, Im out of mana before I've killed the 2nd mob on a 3 mob pull.. I guess I just tell jokes to the last mob and hope it dies laughing? Meanwhile the Templar/Nightblade/Dragonknight are still wailing away full power with no downtime.

Seventh - Have I mentioned yet the gold prices in this game are absolutely jacked up beyond all human reason and comprehension? Seriously. When It costs 100 gold to MAIL an item to someone... YOU. ARE. WRONG. 10 Gold JUST to send a regular mail is obnoxious to begin with.. but ADDING massive amounts of gold cost for EACH item sent in said mail is just plain stupid. Flat cost, with a SMALL fee PER item sent, NOT a ridiculous fee per VALUE of item sent.

The game's grouping is a COMPLETE disaster, utterly boring, buggy and just plain tedious. The Dungeons are the EXACT same way.. the "bosses" are a joke, no challenge, no excitement.. nothing.

No housing, no wives/husbands, no kids, no pets.. armor designs are bland, brown, and look like stuff I saw in Morrowind 20 years ago.. with about as much enthusiasm.

No Stealing, no assassinations, no crime.. NOTHING. There is NO "Choice" here. You do WHAT they say, WHEN they say it. PERIOD.

There is no UI, no nameplates, no way to tell good from bad from merchant or beggar. You waste AGES just trying to figure out which NPC's sell what and where.. the entire time you could be doing something actually FUN instead. Using the weak ass excuse of "immersion" as a smoke screen for their absolute failure to realize what an MMO is actually SUPPOSED to be.

There is NO Customization for 3 of the 4 classes. Especially mages. Want to be a pure storm mage? #(*$ You. You're useless. Want to focus on a healing staff and Dark Magic? (#$# You. YOU'RE USELESS! Want to just summon Daedric minions with some cool storm powers? .. yeah.. you already know where it's going. USELESS. What happened to summoning weapons, armor etc. What happened to the ACTUAL mage SPELLS?!

The WORST part is you are supposed to be "The CHOSEN ONE! OMG!" ... again.. for the 10,000th game... only now.. there's 2 million+ other "CHOSEN ONES!" running around right next to you.

This is a cookie cutter mmo with NO free trial and a LIMITED access Beta to steal as much money as possible before it goes Free to play in 6 months once the word gets out how absolutely terrible it actually is. Maybe less.
  89. May 12, 2014
    This game is dead, the console versions have been delayed 6 months. This puts it in direct competition with Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition even though they are not MMOs; MMO'ers do not like TESO and single player lovers of the TES series aren't buying into it. If they expect the console versions of TESO to beat out Witcher 3 and DA Inquisition in the fall they will be sadlyThis game is dead, the console versions have been delayed 6 months. This puts it in direct competition with Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition even though they are not MMOs; MMO'ers do not like TESO and single player lovers of the TES series aren't buying into it. If they expect the console versions of TESO to beat out Witcher 3 and DA Inquisition in the fall they will be sadly disappointed. Plus $15 freaking dollars a month subscription? Come on man! Expand
  90. Apr 21, 2014
    This game is complete garbage. I'll list off some of the worst issues with this game:

1. This game uses insane money grabbing tactics. Keep in mind that you have to pay 60 dollars+ 15 dollars a month just to even start this game. Do you want to be able to play all 3 factions? (A required feature in all MMO's) Do you want to start the game with a horse? (if you don't pick this option you'll have to kill 17,000 monsters to get a horse.) Do you want to play as every starting faction? (again, an option that is required in all MMO's.) Well you'll have to pay 20$ for the "collectors edition." So you have to pay 20$ more for basic features and a horse. So that's 80$ to start up the game. And you have to pay 15$ per month. Paying for basic features is unacceptable. But even the game that's under all of these paywalls is pretty terrible.

The grinding is insane, even for MMO standards. You have to pay 17,000 dollars for the most crappy horse in the game. While players of MMO's may consider this to be a small amount, this grinding is magnified because every monster only drops 1 gold coin. Bosses only drop 2 gold coins. No matter where I've gone in the world, the gold drops stay the same. I also have friends who tell me its the same at higher level quests. This goes for all items in the game.

This game's matchmaking/party/group quest fails to meet industry standards. You can't EVER replay quests with your friends (this sucks if your trying to get a noob up to your level quickly). You can only see and play with people from your own faction(unless you play PvP). Unless you're in a dungeon, good luck trying to play with your friends. The pVe grouping in general sucks on every level. People can randomly jump into your dungeon when your playing with friends and steal all of your loot. In fact i've gone to multiple dungeons with my friends only to see that the boss is being farmed by a pack of elite players. The phasing is terrible, it feels like you're playing a single player game with your friends hovering around.

The quests are bad. Quests in this game either fall into 2 categories, they are either incredibly easy and boring, or they're battles that should of been awesome, but were turned into 10 minute skirmishes against pockets of NPC's. The epic castle siege stage that was plastered all over this games ad campaign literally lasted 15 minutes. And those 15 minutes were just spent taking on weak monsters in single file order.
    The UI is too minimal to convey info to the player. But you can use mods to circumvent it.

The game doesn't have any of the free-roaming experience that made the original elder scrolls great. Though because this game is an MMO i believe that this was more of a concept problem than an implementation problem. Still a major issue.

Overall, this game is just... bad. It's a blatant cash grab. It's buggy, boring, and repetitive. Don't listen to these 10 out of 10 reviews, i assume the devs payed them to review this game. This. game. sucks. avoid at all costs.
  91. Mar 31, 2015
    I gave this game 2 before, now it went b2p and fixed some of the most glaring issuses. Nonotherless, its still good looking, fully vocied medicore MMO. You start in quest hub do quests (at least 95% - go kill/activate/gather) get some more quests on the way, move to another hub.

When you reach lvl 50 and finish the main story suddenly you find out that you need to do the same amount of content x2 and you end up with over 1000 (yes 1k) quests done from which you remember handful.

In pvp on veteran campaigns you have to be at least lvl 12 to have fighting chance, but dont worrty- PvP works just half the time anyway - massive lags, crashes and so on at least on EU server.

Overall: still absolutllely on rails themepark MMO painted to look like Elder Scrolls game. If you have nothing to do with 60 $ go ahead, but at your own responsibility.
  92. Aug 10, 2014
    This was the worst possible way to adapt TES to the MMO category.
    They've essentially added network capability to a really bad Elder Scrolls game, sucked out all the flavor and atmosphere, made everything generic, and made everything into a gold grind.

I am embarrassed for Bethesda.
  93. Jun 26, 2014
    Started with hope, ended with failure. Everyone who has ever played an elder scrolls game, wanted this to succeed. I knew it was in trouble when the community board had an official poll regarding "would you still play if eso went f2p". That was after one month of it being live. Shortly after that, they announced it would be delayed for consoles. This game had promise and made promises andStarted with hope, ended with failure. Everyone who has ever played an elder scrolls game, wanted this to succeed. I knew it was in trouble when the community board had an official poll regarding "would you still play if eso went f2p". That was after one month of it being live. Shortly after that, they announced it would be delayed for consoles. This game had promise and made promises and both were broken repeatedly. The group system is farce. This is the first MMO that doesn't have shared progress. I play with my son, and through the hundreds of quests, I believe we found 2 or 3 that had shared progress. The veteran system is not solo-friendly. As opposed to the 1-50 which is very solo-friendly. It feels like they actually designed the game to force soloists to conform to group play after 50. It's not impossible to level solo, just hard and be prepared to grind creature kills. There is another way though, the pvp daily quests, but your faction better control the majority of the map for that. The pvp is a game of capture the flag akin to any fps title out there, only here, gear and levels matter. Also pvp has a huge flaw with the mage aoe groups. They run in packs, and I mean run, so they are hard to target with siege machines and ground aoe. I could go on about veteran, but I'll end it by saying, get in a pvp guild if you want to war in Cyrodil and level like you did pre-veteran. The scenery is nice, but it's not skyrim quality. So I end this (cause I could go on) by saying "A lot of expectations, very few of them met." Expand
  94. Jul 21, 2014
    This is disappointment of the century. Zenimax Online was given a license to work with that could really shine in this genre. Then they plastered on every MMO trope known to man. Here's what needs to happen to make this game work. Fully refund ever player every cent ever spent on this game with a 5% cash bonus as an apology. Fire every person who had a hand in designing this game. Hire aThis is disappointment of the century. Zenimax Online was given a license to work with that could really shine in this genre. Then they plastered on every MMO trope known to man. Here's what needs to happen to make this game work. Fully refund ever player every cent ever spent on this game with a 5% cash bonus as an apology. Fire every person who had a hand in designing this game. Hire a team consisting entirely of people who have played an actual Elder Scrolls game for at least an hour. Give them two years to rework this pile of crap into something that isn't trying to be Guild Wars 3. Expand
  95. Aug 21, 2014
    1) Combat was really bad, clunky bad. No feelings, nothing at all. Sometimes your blade goes through the mob, and nothing happened.

Every character is bound to specific abilities, which is really boring. 2) Crafting/Professions is purely for nothing. Sure, it is useful at first, but you're stuck with that armor or weapon for hours until a Quest gives you a newer one. 3) Quests

Every character is bound to specific abilities, which is really boring.

3) Quests are buggy, to the extreme where they can not even be done. You don't see your reward at the end like most other MMO's do. There's quests that send you through a Solo-Dungeon, that has a boss in there that can kill you in 2 swipes, and you do nearly no damage on him/her.

4) Dungeons are just... Unprepared. They were quickly added in. Why did I say that? Take a look at some. It looks like they threw in a bunch of hills, grass, maybe some water, boxes/crates/barrels, some "trash" and finally a boss, who is just sitting there looking dumb and normally solo. Easy alone, but becomes extremely difficult when a trash appears. Not to mention, most of the time, the Bots got to him before you. So you're waiting, with the bots, for him to respawn just so you can try to kill him/her. Make sure you're faster than a bot.

5) Player and Parties. Okay, most MMO's like to have player interaction, right? This game doesn't. You can add people to a party, for no extra benefits. Except for probably a group dungeon. Here's the kicker, if you remove them, they're still there in the same instance. They'll continue doing what they were doing which made you kick them. Worthless. Not to mention, you don't really share loot, it's assigned to one person and all of it is theirs.

6) Now, I enjoy this profession a lot, and a lot of people hate it. Fishing. Extremely bugged. You catch fish that are worth about 3 gold (wow, so little) and you finally caught a rare fish. It disappears and you never really got it. Now, where's that excitement? Gone, and turned into anger. Those fish are worth a lot of Gold. Plus Bait is difficult to obtain. I mainly mean the Worms. Guts and Insect Parts are fairly common. Worms on the other hand must be gathered from plants, and other players are farming them as well.

7) The game is $59.99 box price that comes with 1 month free. Okay, sounds fair... However, that 1 month free is worthless and will not activate, if you don't buy a month. Which requires a credit card, or a game card from a store (which I still haven't found) So great! You were not informed you needed a credit card, and just wasted about $60 for a game you can't play because you don't have a credit card, or the stores do not have a game card. Genius Elder Scrolls strikes again! -.-
    You can't even register your game online without a credit card, so worthless, once again.

8) What kind of graphics are these??? I normally don't judge a game on graphics, but once I do, something is wrong. It doesn't even look as good as Skyrim's graphics, which is a older game. This is 2014, why give us a crappy looking game that doesn't play well? Not to mention, a lot of players, including myself, get a lot of graphical errors and it isn't pretty.

9) Some of the voice acting... SUCKS. Example, talk Brackenleaf, whose a tree in a zone (don't remember). Yeah... it's a human's voice, not modified either. Doesn't sound like a tree would at all.

10) Remember the professions? Yeah, you have to get recipes just to progress further in them. And they're about a 1% chance to find inside houses... Yeah... Have fun. Oh cooking and fishing? You'd think they go together, right? NOPE. Completely useless. In fact, fishing, though I enjoy it, is useless in the game if it has no use in cooking.

Positives?

1) The nature and towns in this game is great. Honestly.

2) Story isn't too bad, but could have been a lot better. Quite boring honestly.
  96. Aug 1, 2014
    Where most MMO's will do their best to engage you at the start, Elder scrolls fails to even set the pace. As you begin your adventures immediately you find yourself surrounded by dull colors, uninspired environments, and NPCs that give a new meaning to generic. The classes the player chooses from are traditional warrior, rogue, and mage archtypes however their skillset is awkward andWhere most MMO's will do their best to engage you at the start, Elder scrolls fails to even set the pace. As you begin your adventures immediately you find yourself surrounded by dull colors, uninspired environments, and NPCs that give a new meaning to generic. The classes the player chooses from are traditional warrior, rogue, and mage archtypes however their skillset is awkward and uninteresting.

The PVP places the character in what was the map of Oblivion where you are left basically to your own devices. There is no raid group unless player formed to join, there is no life too it, its just mediocore to say the least. That can be said about the entire game its just underwhelming you are better off staying with WOW or SWTOR as they are atleast capable of keeping the players attention.

Overall Elder Scrolls community seems to be your average Mentally disturbed and quick to anger populace where you will find yourself grinding for loots to keep up with the next guy. The developers of this game clearly never played a Elder Scroll game and the proof is everywhere.
  97. Jul 23, 2014
    The developers totally failed to capture the essence of the elder scrolls. On top of that, it is by a country mile the worst MMO I have ever played. The combat is dumb-witted and lacks feedback, the quests are dull beyond belief, the game is riddled with bugs, you will struggle to group up as its bugged to hell, and you will feel the overwhelming regret of wasting your money. TESO is aThe developers totally failed to capture the essence of the elder scrolls. On top of that, it is by a country mile the worst MMO I have ever played. The combat is dumb-witted and lacks feedback, the quests are dull beyond belief, the game is riddled with bugs, you will struggle to group up as its bugged to hell, and you will feel the overwhelming regret of wasting your money. TESO is a strong contender for the worst MMO of all time. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY, AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Expand
  98. May 29, 2014
    It's not made by the same people who gave us the elder scrolles, it's not elder scrolles, It simply is an attempt to earn some money on an already famous title.
    If you’re hankering for Scrolls, I recommend modded Skyrim. If you’re after an MMO, I recommend any other, cause this project has no soul, only greed, greed and greed.
  99. Jun 3, 2014
    I feel betrayed by Zenimax. 2 Months after launch and Nightblades are still trash, combat is terrible, support is nonexistant. I really wanted to love this game, made a fansite myself, got all my friends to play it with me, but Zenimax decided to push out more content instead of fixing the stuff that was out already. The only decent part of this game is the questing and the music, which isI feel betrayed by Zenimax. 2 Months after launch and Nightblades are still trash, combat is terrible, support is nonexistant. I really wanted to love this game, made a fansite myself, got all my friends to play it with me, but Zenimax decided to push out more content instead of fixing the stuff that was out already. The only decent part of this game is the questing and the music, which is all that kept me leveling until Veteran rank 3, that and the hope that they would fix these issues. So many broken promises. Do yourself a favor and try wildstar, or even WoW. Developers shouldn't be rewarded for putting terrible, unfinished games like this to market. Expand
  100. Jul 19, 2014
    This game was harealded and marketed as an elderscrolls title which it is not. It is nothing more then a generic mmo with an elderscrolls theme to it. IT seems like the only people who defend it at this point is everyone that preordered the bonus pack ( the one that gives you access to basic elderscrolls content ie THE FING IMPERIAL RACE) and somehow feel morally invested in it becuase ofThis game was harealded and marketed as an elderscrolls title which it is not. It is nothing more then a generic mmo with an elderscrolls theme to it. IT seems like the only people who defend it at this point is everyone that preordered the bonus pack ( the one that gives you access to basic elderscrolls content ie THE FING IMPERIAL RACE) and somehow feel morally invested in it becuase of that. There is zero depth whatsoever. if you enjoy playing wow runescape age of connan or other generic mmo then sign up here. There is no well defined deep elderscrolls story just generic mmo grinding. with the soul enjoyment to be gained in showing off how many hours youve put into it over others. Expand

1. Jul 23, 2014
    Eight years of development, a team consisting of even 250 people at some points, budget reaching hundreds of millions of dollars. It’s a pity that this ‘Skyrim Online’ disappoints both fans of previous Bethesda games and MMORPG veterans who expected some fresh air in the stale genre. [06/2014, p.44]
    A well done MMO that can lure players not familiar with the genre. But if you've played MMOs before, this one doesn't offer anything new, nor anything exciting.
  3. Jun 16, 2014
    60 days was more then enough time for me to determine that I would rather spend my time elsewhere.