7.8

1. Feb 5, 2013
    What do we need when the whole world of Skyrim has been studied thoroughly? It's simple: new tasks and place of their performance, new enemies, new weapons, magic and shouts. Dragonborn has it all! And you can finally ride the dragon! This DLC should have all fans of Skyrim.
  2. Feb 13, 2013
    The new island of Solstheim is cool and beautiful. Lots of new quests and content in this game. Much better than Dawnguard, which I thought was pretty fun too. Let's hope Bethesda continues to make quality DLC for Skyrim like Dragonborn.
  3. Feb 9, 2013
    Dragonborn adds quite a bit; weapons, armor, shouts, new enemies and retooled areas. The only criticism I can level at it is that yes, Solstheim is basically the same environment as Skyrim, and we have indeed been here before during Bloodmoon. The game manages to make up for it in many ways though, with a continuation of Solstheim's history, some unique, quest-related areas, and several easter eggs. In the end, it felt more like a homecoming than a rehash. Updated to add: I've gone through the main quest and most of the sidequests, and there's no sign of Radiant AI busywork. Every quest and location seems to have it's own specific story. That's definitely worth another point! Expand
  4. Feb 9, 2013
    What can beat the nostalgia of Morrowind? Bethesda brings us one of the best expansions since Shivering Isles and kudos to them for it. Say what you want, this DLC has it all- new shouts, an enormous Solstheim, new armors, etc. I say you should go and get this DLC right now if you loved Skyrim. Don't listen to the haters that gave the DLC a zero, because they obviously haven't tried it out themselves. You will be drawn in as I was. Collapse
  5. Feb 11, 2013
    Awesome DLC! Though I didn't expect it to be as good as the Shivering Isles, It still was awesome. The whole new island is cool and different and it brings back a lot of memories from Morrowind. There are tons of side quests (which was a good feature) and an entertaining "main" quest line. Definitely the best DLC for Skyrim thus far... I hope that Bethesda continues to make great games and DLCs. (No Horse armor please) Expand
  6. Feb 10, 2013
    I loved this DLC way better then the previous Cave DLC. There were a few issues I had though and the briefness of the main story was one of them. I know it is becoming harder and hard to release DLCs with sizable content these days given the level of detail needed in them but I felt that was no excuse in this case. The issue I had was with the dungeons, there simply aren't enough of them on the island and the ones that are are mostly quest based or too short to be of significance. That being said what Dragonborn doesn't deliver on quantity it does on quality, I didn't find one bug in my play through of the main quest or otherwise. Nostalgia brings me back to those Morrowind roots and reminds me how good that game was but at the same time is unique enough to not feel like a ripped off consumer. If there was any one issue that annoyed me for being overlooked it was the actual physical size of the island itself and the excessive mountains. The island is about half the physical size it was back in Morrowind and I don't remember it being quite so overrun with mountains (over half the island which makes for fairly tedious travel). Overall I think the DLC is great but not fantastic much like Morrowind itself I felt like it was missing so many pointless quests (I know this is something most people like but it bugs me that there are almost no "I want this guy dead" or "there's rats in my basement" quests.) that you just sort of do the main story and then never have to visit the place again which makes me a little sad because the island it self it really nice. In summary the DLC is worth a play through but at the same time once you are done, You're done. Don't expect more then five or six side quests. Expand
  7. Mar 10, 2013
    There is so much extra content that this DLC provides, it's absolutely amazing. New weapons are amazing, armor is very unique, and there are AMAZINGLY good new abilities. The only downside to this is that the main questline is way too short and not very difficult at all.
  8. Mar 22, 2013
    Awesome. DLC that satisfies both the die-hard Elder Scrolls fans with the nostalgia of Morrowind and new-comers to Skyrim with amazing features, such as dragon-riding and some interesting new shouts.
  9. Mar 29, 2013
    It is not a DLC, it is an expansion. The latest expansion "Drgaonborn" takes you to a small island off of Morrowind called Solstheim. half of this island is covered in ash and the other half is like Skyrim. that makes it a very unique and fun place to explore. It adds a few sets of armor weapons, spells, and shouts. But the real highlight of this expansion is the side quests. I was able to spend 10 to 20 hours of the DLC roaming around and finding side quests to do before I even started the main quest line. The main quest line is brief. I enjoyed because it had to do with the normal main quest line in Skyrim. It great because of the dark side that it had with the black books and apocrypha. It also had a epic battle at the end with Miraak. at the end of the main quest line it added a feature that I always wanted, you can spend dragon souls on any perk in a perk tree. There is still a lot of other things that you can do that I have not mentioned. You can become a house owner in the city of Raven Rock, you can ride dragons, you can stop the ash spawn, craft stalhrim armor, you can kill where-bears, and you can fight for or against little riekling goblin things. Overall this is the best DLC/Expansion since Bethesda's shivering Isles for elder scrools IV oblivion. I you dont have it get it, this DLC/expansion is a must have. I give it a 10/10 without a doubt. Expand
  10. Apr 22, 2013
    A very good extension that gives us back the Solstheim from Morrowind. As a Morrowind fan I loved this expansion very much It has a lot of content, new quests, powers, shouts and exploration, and a fairly large new worldspace. It's worth it.
  11. Apr 26, 2013
    This game world is so detailed and beautiful it is amazing. Love the quests love the main story. love the DLC there is nothing wrong with this game at all! simply amazing
  12. Nov 10, 2013
    After a disappointing experience with Dawnguard i was worried that Dragonborn might be underwhelming, luckily Dragonborn is far better than Dawnguard and definitely adds really nicely to the base game with some fresh experiences. Dragonborns main storyline may be poorly thought out but the rest of the island of solstheim makes up for it, there are new enemies and a real morrowind vibe especially in the mainly Dunmer settlement of Raven Rock which adds some greatly appreciated variation to nordic Skyrim.

While Dragonborn is no shivering isles its unfair to dismiss it based on that comparison, it does add some interesting quests to the game and some cool looking armour and weapons.
  13. Dec 20, 2013
    Nice bought it these days and i tought it was awesome New everything, new foes, new map, new storyline, pretty better than dawnguard!! Best dlc that i have ever bought!!!
  14. Feb 2, 2014
    The ultimate DLC. Featuring a short (but exceptional) story. Featuring new music as well as music from the Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. While Solstheim is small, it is an excellent world space featuring unique landscapes. This DLC also adds the Daedric Realm of Apocrypha, which acts as linear puzzle dungeons which I always enjoyed exploring. However, it is over-priced, and some of the quests limit you to making one-response answers. I would recommend this DLC if you have played The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Bloodmoon as you will feel a recognisable, yet still new and unique feeling of nostalgia. Many of the armours added are not as good as end-game armours, meaning that it would be ideal to play this DLC at mid-level.
    I would recommend installing the "Unofficial Dragonborn patch" if you own this on PC, as it fixes numerous bugs which may be considered game breaking.
  15. Feb 9, 2013

1. Mar 30, 2013
    Feels like a focused Bethesda, no longer stretched too thin in its task of crafting a world the size of Skyrim. [Apr 2013, p.93]
  2. Feb 28, 2013
    Despite a rather ho-hum main quest, Dragonborn is crammed with enough side quests and new stuff to be an exciting add-on.
  3. Feb 28, 2013
    If you compare Dragonborn’s price on Steam to that of the original game, you’d think they’re offering you a third of Skyrim. Naturally, this isn’t the case – the island of Solstheim is not so action-packed. Yet a sandbox, even a small one, is way more enjoyable than a handful of new locations and random quests from Dawnguard.