7.8

1. Feb 24, 2013
    Dragonborn DLC.

Pay 20 Euro if you want an 1½ hours long main quest which is poorly done. Walk on a island that i smaller than Shivering Isles start area. Quests that require killing of NPC's without any further questions or thinking or awareness. Minigames puzzles that could be done with major brain damage. Choice-less quests that force you into roleplay as Bethesda see fit. Sorry
    Dragonborn DLC.

Sorry but Bethesda have become EA and this will be the last game/DLC i will ever buy from Bethesda again, sadly.
  2. Feb 9, 2013
    The new shouts, the ability to reskill my character and flying dragons didn't really impress me. I think we're at an impasse here and it's time for Bethesda to focus on a new singleplayer game rather than an MMO, if that's the reason for this lackluster DLC.
  3. Mar 6, 2013
    part 5 on almost same game and to easy to kill dragons even I play hard If them should have do more changes on this "same game" maybe that should was a good beginning.
  4. Feb 18, 2013
    I've loved Dawnguard, but I can't say the same about Dragonborn... unfinished, buggy, annoying and... ugly... there is no "magic" anymore, basically it ruined whole Skyrim for me. There are better free mods than this. And riding dragons? Worst experience ever... NOT RECOMMENDED!
  5. Feb 21, 2013
    I would reall love to enjoy the DLC because content-wise it´s an very nice addition to Skyrim with interesting characters and quests to stumble upon. Also, it´s a little more challenging than you might expect, which ist also a good thing. Many nice little things, but...
    The downside is however that this DLC seems very unfinished and very flawed with regard to bugs and crashes. The sheer number of crashes makes it impossible to enjoy let alone really play the game. Several areas to the east of the island Solstheim are practically inaccessilbe because of 100% crashes there. This refers to a fresh install with no mods on Win7 64. I would love to give this DLC a good rating, but in this state I just can´t... There´s just no excuse for such game-breaking bugs and crashes in an already rather buggy game and especially not at a price of 20€.
  6. Mar 31, 2013
    Well so far Skyrim, Dawnguard, and Hearthfire have been complete disappointments. So here is a place I am familiar with. I load the game hoping for the best. I take my first step to see they have completely ruined the place I once loved. So it is off to a bad start and it isn't getting better. The main quest had FOUR quests in it and it was even worse than Skyrim or Dawnguard's storyline.Well so far Skyrim, Dawnguard, and Hearthfire have been complete disappointments. So here is a place I am familiar with. I load the game hoping for the best. I take my first step to see they have completely ruined the place I once loved. So it is off to a bad start and it isn't getting better. The main quest had FOUR quests in it and it was even worse than Skyrim or Dawnguard's storyline. Than comes flying on dragons and I don't know how such a thing could be so screwed up! I mean come on you can't even control it. How is that riding a dragon? The map was smaller than it was in Morrowind's Bloodmoon. So somehow it shrank. This feels like a worse version of the Shivering Isles I mean Dragonborn isn't even a fraction of the size. So both Dawnguard and Dragonborn have been worse copies of Oblivion's major expansions. Overall this expansion deserves a 2/10 for being lacking and dull. And by no way is it worth $20. Expand
  7. Apr 16, 2013
    You can clearly see that Bethesda rushed this one out. Bad voice acting for the main character, repetitive quests and boring too. And just ruins the game with, horrible looking new armor and a shout that just completely destroys the purpose of the game. Just a huge disappointment. The only fun was Solsthiem, beautiful and wonderful music from Morrowind, but remains bad with all the flaws.
  8. May 28, 2013
    When I found out that Dragonborn DLC will grant you the ability to fly dragons I went all Tom Cruise on Oprah's couch. I had always wanted to have the ability to actually fly a dragon in the sky. It was the perfect match for being Dragonborn... the new king of the dragons in Skyrim. After finishing this DLC once again I became disappointed. I had NO controls over the dragon other than toWhen I found out that Dragonborn DLC will grant you the ability to fly dragons I went all Tom Cruise on Oprah's couch. I had always wanted to have the ability to actually fly a dragon in the sky. It was the perfect match for being Dragonborn... the new king of the dragons in Skyrim. After finishing this DLC once again I became disappointed. I had NO controls over the dragon other than to tell it to attack. If I wanted to travel I would've had to fast travel, and that's totally against my Role-playing rules. The voice acting for Miraak (The primary antagonist) was poorly done. I wish I had the option to mute this NPC and just leave the subtitles on. It's just that bad. I also stumbled across game-breaking glitches. In order for me to fix the DLC I had to download a MOD from Skyrim Nexus that did the trick. Nowhere did Bethesda ever released a patch to fix these well known issues. This clearly indicates just how little this company cares for the products that they sell to the public, and so why should I give their product a high rating when they themselves don't care? Dragonborn was rushed just like Dawnguard and Skyrim. Shame on Bethesda for ruining this potentially great game. This DLC was nowhere worth the 20 dollars. Wait for a Steam sell to purchase it. Expand
  9. Jan 10, 2014
    This is a rubbish DLC, the main guy who you have to chase after is about as scary as pikachu. Nothing more to be said other than that clearly most of these reviewers are easily pleased.
  10. Sep 17, 2014
    Not a bad game, but awfully XBOXED. The controls are pretty dumbed down. It is made to work with a game controller, so don't bother aiming, and you only really need 2 buttons. The GUI is terrible and very basic. No stats at all, no overview of anything, everything is a single list. Everything you do is tedious.

Every elder scrolls game before it is better (even Arena). But it is

Every elder scrolls game before it is better (even Arena). But it is definitely prettier than the others.

Its almost like an old turn based RPG where you have a pretty good story, the backdrops for combat are pretty, but the combat itself is very basic and repetitive, and no room for creativity. (And all you need is a 4-way controller and a select button).

Some of the plentiful mods can improve the game a lot. But others will break it by destroying the last remaining challenge, or ruining the atmosphere by being silly.

It is pretty disappointing to see the elder scrolls series becoming more of a simple XBOX platform game, than the immersive, huge and advanced RPGs it started with.
  11. Nov 14, 2014
    dlc or waste of time?? buggy dlc with boring story 0/10 P.S. I deleted it when mirak started to steal my dragon soulss :( .

1. Mar 30, 2013
    Feels like a focused Bethesda, no longer stretched too thin in its task of crafting a world the size of Skyrim. [Apr 2013, p.93]
  2. Feb 28, 2013
    Despite a rather ho-hum main quest, Dragonborn is crammed with enough side quests and new stuff to be an exciting add-on.
  3. Feb 28, 2013
    If you compare Dragonborn’s price on Steam to that of the original game, you’d think they’re offering you a third of Skyrim. Naturally, this isn’t the case – the island of Solstheim is not so action-packed. Yet a sandbox, even a small one, is way more enjoyable than a handful of new locations and random quests from Dawnguard.