8.0

1. Apr 26, 2015
  2. Apr 25, 2015
    Do not support Bethesda any more. They were always horrible, but they had some redeeming features which brought us back. Long have they released unfinished games for full price, and expected modders to fix them. But now they're reaping profits from these modders with paid mods, the developers of the mods are getting miniscule profits from THEIR OWN WORK and steam has been removing donateDo not support Bethesda any more. They were always horrible, but they had some redeeming features which brought us back. Long have they released unfinished games for full price, and expected modders to fix them. But now they're reaping profits from these modders with paid mods, the developers of the mods are getting miniscule profits from THEIR OWN WORK and steam has been removing donate links! The game itself is boring and needs to be modded to have any fun to begin with. Expand
  3. Apr 26, 2015
    Game not worth it without modding it.

From visuals to combat its just to bad to pay for.

Now that Valve and Bethesda wants a 75% cut from mod users its just in no way or shape worth the effort.

Greed from these studio's made sure its the end of modding.

Thanks Valve and Bethesda for tearing apart whole gaming community's for cash.
  4. Apr 26, 2015
    Skyrim was a perfect 10/10 game for me with mods. Now that many and more are being hidden behind a paywall I refuse to support this game or any future Valve or Bethesda products until an alternative solution (like a donation button) is reached.
  5. Apr 26, 2015
    Valve and Bethesda betrayed the community for their own wealth. They take a cut of 75% from paid mods. Imagine every mod you own costs a few dollars! And now Skyrim is not the only game you want to play with mods... You will pay hundreds of $$$$$ and only 25% go to the prostituted modders.. Thats moddern slavery. STOP the rape!
  6. Apr 26, 2015
    Bethesda and Valve are charging your for using mods in the Steam Workshop. This will be the death strike to a free modding community Skyrim depends on. As that's not bad enough, Valve and Bethesda also claiming ownership for uploaded mods in the workshop and keep 75% of the profit for themselves (meaning only 25% is going to the modder). DO NOT SUPPORT THIS SH$T!
  7. Apr 26, 2015
    I used to love this game and gave it a 10/10.
    One of the reasons why I loved this game a lot was because of its amount of contents.
    The modding community used to be an awesome place and helped to keep the game fun for... well.. technically forever !

However, recently Bethesda and Valve thought it would be a good idea to put a paywall between you and the mods.

Here's my new rating.
  8. Apr 26, 2015
    The reasons why mods need to stay free are quite simple.

1) Developers can get even lazier with bug fixes, they can just get the modders to fix the bugs and have them develop patches to sell. Meaning, all of a sudden this opens up the road for paid patches - think about this for a second - PAID PATCHES? 2) The average modder usually adds 20 - 100 or so mods to a game in the form of
    The reasons why mods need to stay free are quite simple.

2) The average modder usually adds 20 - 100 or so mods to a game in the form of skins, conversions and new items. If each mod now costs anything from $1 to $5 then the cost of the mods increases the price of the game by a large factor, this will increase piracy even more and we will start seeing mods on torrent sites.

3) Steam is lazy and apathetic, they will not police this at all. Allowing criminals to profit off this scheme by changing code, downloading old mods and rehashing them and then selling, or just simply download then upload for profit - this is already happening.

4) Current sites like nexus will start losing many mods because creators don't want their content stolen, in turn we'll see less and less content. Which is the exact opposite of what this idea is 'supposed' to be about. But we all know, this is just a cash grab by Valve and Bethesda.

5) This will severely damage the modding community, it already has in fact. Modding has, and always will be a hobby. Once you start turning modding into a career, you're no longer a modder but a DLC merchant with Valve and Bethesda profiting the most from your work. Capitalism in the gaming industry is bad, greed in the gaming industry is bad and it does not spur creativity, instead it breeds hate and malcontent, yesterday in many forums, we witnessed that.

The entire mod scene has always been vulnerable to monitization schemes, The fact that the older and senior modders fully well know the implications of paid modding and fully resisted and even openly fighting against it, where as some of the younger and more naive modders out there are trying to cash-in, and because of the lack of maturity, they are failing to see the bigger picture if this becomes the norm.
  9. Apr 26, 2015
    This once was a great game, but now it is just a lab for the most **** experiment ever, to now pay for mods. There is a reason why mod stand for both "moderator" and "modification", because both of them do their job for free.
  10. Apr 26, 2015
    No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods.
  11. Apr 26, 2015
    The base game is fairly flat and modding is the heart of the game - which now is being compromised by Bethesda. Game companies always benefited from user generated content - by extending the longevity and replay value for the user and sales even years after launch for the devs.

Now Bethesda decided to double dip by commercializing mods and taking a major cut of mod sales which leaves only 25% to the content creator.

In my opinion this is a lose-lose situation for modders and players - and the only winners are valve and game companies.
  12. Apr 26, 2015
    bethesda & valve, through the paid mods idea have actually managed to practically overnight become more loathed then Electronic Arts.
    That alone speaks for itself.
    no paid mods...end of story.
  13. Apr 26, 2015
    Yes. Modders should get money now and then. However, modding wasn't started to make money. It was because of passion and the annoyance that the people that made said game won't fix certain bugs. Now Bethesda wants YOU to pay for bugfixes that they didn't even fix, but was done by some modder who will get a small percentage of the sales. So yeah, tell me to quit being a liberal, becauseYes. Modders should get money now and then. However, modding wasn't started to make money. It was because of passion and the annoyance that the people that made said game won't fix certain bugs. Now Bethesda wants YOU to pay for bugfixes that they didn't even fix, but was done by some modder who will get a small percentage of the sales. So yeah, tell me to quit being a liberal, because people that call others entitled sure know how to make the world a better place. Pft. Expand
  14. Apr 26, 2015
    This game now has 1,000 times more DLC than any other game that exists. I cannot support a game with 10,000 DLC items for sale. If you decide to support it, then remember this when your hobby is overrun (even more than it is now) with soul-sucking corporations looking for every conceivable way they can find to take money from you.
  15. Apr 26, 2015
    Paid modding, and the fact that Bethesda supports it.
    Just no...
    I played this game for so many years, ever since release date and up to now I still play it. I am so disappointed in Bethesda to agree to this arrangement made by Valve. I never thought I would say this, but don't buy skyrim it is not worth it. The game itself is fairly mediocre, I can only recommend to play this game
    Paid modding, and the fact that Bethesda supports it.
    Just no...

I never thought I would say this, but don't buy skyrim it is not worth it.

The game itself is fairly mediocre, I can only recommend to play this game with mods. So after you paid some money to play a game, you gotta pay more money to play the game. That's sound like a win/win for you as a customer right?

Before this whole incident, I would say buy skyrim, because there is SO MUCH MORE to the game, than the game itself. You can spend YEARS trying out all the mods made for this game, but guess what. You can't do that anymore unless you pay some more money.

The Mods was the thing that kept skyrim alive, the thing that made skyrim so successful to this date almost 4 years after its initial release. The mods were the reason why skyrim did so well in the top selling games on steam, but how do you feel about paying money for things that "may" work?

A lot of mods conflicts with one another, so if you for instance buy a mod that changes weather effects, and another mod that changes water effects. Your game just straight up crash, no error message, just crash to desktop. Oh and by the way you paid money for that.
    It's even said by modders that the game itself is fairly unstable and quite hard to make stable mods for, you can easily run into scripting problems that just crashed your game, or suddenly npcs stops interacting with you because of some scripting errors. Yup you paid for that as well.

So I strongly recommend that you don't buy this game, and that should hopefully send a clear message.
    If you are thinking about buying the game now, I'm afraid you are too late to the party.
    The game has been out for several of years, and a lot of people had their fun with it. This game may now rapidly start dying out due to this pay wall, and the free enjoyment most people had is no longer free for you.
    Unlike you I am in a lucky position because I already own the game, and already have most mods from when they were free. You on the other hand, since you are reading this you probably don't own the game, and don't have the mods as a result.

TLDR: Paid mods, do not buy.
  16. Apr 26, 2015
    Thanks for ruining my hype for FO4 with that stupid paid mods... Aside that skyrim it is a good game but they sacrificed it to test how we would take the paid mod policy....
  17. Apr 26, 2015
    Paid mods.
    What has the world come to?
    It's ruined, the community is ruined, future games are ruined, it's done.
    Damn, Bethesda, you really let your fans down.
  18. Apr 26, 2015
    Paid modding. **** seriously?

I still don't understand what they thought would happen. **** Bethesda and Valve.

Please continue to review negatively until they get the point.
  19. Apr 26, 2015
    Thank Valve for destroying PC gaming's very soul. R.I.P. you mediocre waste of hdd space. The mods that once brought on the top are being strip from your skin as we speak. And I can't bear to look at such suffering.

Especially when it is your very own family that do it.
  20. Apr 26, 2015
    This game is buggy and crashes constantly. But hey, there's mods to fix that. But wait, mods will now cost money. Basically you're paying for patches for a game that should have been patched years ago by the company. But nope, they're too lazy to do that and rather charge people just to fix their broken game.
  21. Apr 26, 2015
    The workshop mod to buy a higher score costs $3.99.

Valve and Bethesda should not be allowed to be profiting from destroying the community for not only their game but for others as well.
  22. Apr 26, 2015
    Paid mods aren't that bad? Over-exaggerating? Let me paint you a picture of the future if we let this go through.

TES6 and Fallout4 get released as an Early Access $60 title on Steam with exclusive Pre-Order Bonuses, Season Pass 1, Season Pass 2, an exclusive Paid Mods Subscription Package Season Pass, Bundled Paid Mods, Paid Mods that offer Microtransactions, and more DLC than Train Simulator.

"Oh but wait there are still free mods out."

You mean LITE editions of full featured paid mods where you get a pop-up every 5 minutes along with desktop notifications telling you to buy the full version and support the devs?

Meanwhile, the games sell in the billions and Bethesda and Valve are reaping all the money generated by their 75% cut of community-made content. They literally did not have to do anything to make this much money. They just give us glorious permission to be able to sell it on their exclusive DRM-enforced Steam Mod Store because the year is 2016 and the only way to install mods into a Steam DRM game is through their official Workshop.
  23. Apr 26, 2015
    After what Bethesda did to the modding community (allowed paid modding) on a game that was already stripped down and unfinished, I have to give a poor review in hopes that they remove this.
  24. Apr 26, 2015
    Bethesda and Valve are encouraging modders to place their mods behind a Paywall the vanilla game is buggy and full of CDT again paid mod is a paywall.
  25. Apr 27, 2015
    Skyrim is not worth it without mods.
    Allowing Bethesda to earn money from mods just encourages them to do more buggy releases.
    Yes they deserve money for making the base game, and that's the money we PAID when we purchase the game. Yet Bethesda has to go greedy and ruin the modding community. Imagine a future beth meeting: A: hey wanna fix the dragon? its flying backwards B: nah
    Skyrim is not worth it without mods.

Imagine a future beth meeting:
    A: hey wanna fix the dragon? its flying backwards
    B: nah mods will fix it. and we'll get paid too.
  26. Apr 26, 2015
    mod Paywall **** i wouldnt mind a mod donat button this game would have been dead years ago if it wasnt for the free mods. but now we have to pay for another paywall...
  27. Apr 26, 2015
    This game without mods - 4/10
    This game with mods - 10/10
    This game with paid mods - 0/10

Congratulations for destroying the biggest modding community in the world in one day, Valve.
  28. Apr 26, 2015
    From one of my favorite franchises, to one i will avoid like the plague...How the mighty have fallen. This is a great game but Bethsoft have turned into greedy scum.
  29. Apr 26, 2015
    Paid mods? Is this a joke?
    This game with mods it's amazing, but it worths ZERO without them.
    This greedy move will lead to the end of modding and to the start of modding piracy. Thanks Bugthesda, thanks Vulva.
  30. Apr 26, 2015
    It a solid game as it is (vanilla), but to make more of it you will surely want to install a couple of mods. And they were free as they were made by modders that do it for love and fun. Now money grabbing bi* in Bethseda and Vulva want to charge for it and give measly 25% to the modders and keeping rest for themselves. Yea right.
  31. Apr 26, 2015
    This game has it's problems, and it's strong points.

This game has it's problems, and it's strong points.

Bethesda tends to release expansive, games, brimming with potential, but their eyes also tend to be too big for their stomach so to speak. They end up releasing games brimming with bugs (Also in many of their games they seem incapable of actually making a normal humanoid head. Skyrim was the best so far at this). They've relied heavily on the mod community to fix these things after the beginnings of it in Daggerfall (where modding wasn't supported), with Morrowind, it was full on support for mods, and someone at Bethsoft should have rightfully gotten a huge pay raise. It helped make tons of loyal fans for the entire series, and if you think it didn't affect the success of the games? You are likely delusional.

Here are my problems with it.

Dumbed down. The removal of several systems that were present in previous iterations of the series were not an improvement. Skyrim often feels like it lacks customization.

Magic kind of sucks. It's been kind of going downhill for the entire series though, but there are several seemingly confusing oversights. Such as the lack of mark and recall spells.

Where are my vambraces? Sentence says it all.

The biggest downside now though: Paid mods. Yes the thing that skyrim relied on heavily since it's launch, and the thing Bethesda has been relying on for, idk a decade or so, is now open to purchase. Just like DLC, aren't you excited consumer? Oh and the creator of the content gets 25%, 45% going to bethsoft, and 30% going to Valve. So the person doing the work, gets a quarter on every dollar. Clearly a framework based on the outright exploitation of the work of others for financial gain. The legal issues alone are staggering, unlicensed student versions of 3dsmax, appropriation of the assets of others under a non-commercial license suddenly appearing in commercial mods, outright theft of mods, the fracturing of the modding community. It's a bad thing. They did this game in, but hopefully we can all stop it here. Paid mods? No more.
  32. Apr 26, 2015
    as much as i adore this game, the lore, the franchise and the community built around it. i cannot in good conscience support such blatant abuse of the community.

the community has done nothing but support bethesda and the elder scrolls over the years, creating countless stories, extensions, creations and resources, extending what would otherwise be good games into incredible and endlessly expansible worlds, magnifying the value and influence of their games 100fold.

terry pratchett HIMSELF(of discworld fame) was an advocate of free and open modding, creating for the art and passion of improving other people's experiences. he worked on the famous companion vilja mods for oblivion and skyrim, he would be rolling in his grave if he saw the desecration of the community he loved so dearly at the hands of valve.

the community is incredibly interconnected, with shared resources, tools, inter-dependencies of mods relying on other mods to function, and people creating odds and ends for the simple enjoyment of having others make use of them and grow as creators, many of those have gone into hiding, locked away their mods and resources for fear of having them be taken and sold by less scrupulous individuals.

mod theft was rampant on the workshop before this, with many creators struggling to reclaim ownership of their hard work, this system just serves to reward the thieves more than they already are. leaving the workshop to moderate itself has left accountability at an all time low

i DO believe modders should be supported for their work, but not at the expense of tearing apart the community, shoving valuable resources behind a paywall, removing already existing beloved creations just so they could be hidden behind a price tag.

donations or a system similar to patreon where users can support mod development is what should have been done, while not be beholden to pay for a mod that may or may not even WORK with their system. but a straight up cash gate, with bethesda and valve claiming the VAST MAJORITY of the income for themselves, and giving the mod creators the left over scraps is COMPLETELY ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT UNACCEPTABLE, these people have worked their asses off out of love for you and your platforms for nearly a decade, and you exploit them as slave labor.

mod authors should be SUPPORTED, not scammed, the community should not be forced to pay out of their pocket for something that may not work with their system, or may outright be stolen, if the work is good and truly does what it says, is neither exploitative and abusive, then people will gladly support it in droves. this cash gate is unacceptable and 90% of the community knows it, only the most shameless of sycophants are in support of this mess.

bethesda and valve, along with those who have betrayed the community, either deliberately or unwittingly, have driven resource creators and artists into hiding, caused some of the most brilliant community members to shun everyone and pack up their work, locking it away in the depths of their hard drives out of fear of exploitation

i recommend you take your business elsewhere, play something else, buy an under appreciated indie game, as long as bethesda continues to exploit the community that elevated them to where they are today, they deserve nothing but our scorn. if they come to their senses and make amends for this atrocity, then maybe the community can begin to heal and they will restore our shattered respect for them
  33. Apr 26, 2015
    I've not seen such a horrible move by Bethesda and Valve. I've played the game for over three hundred hours, and as Valve introduced the paid mod scheme, I will never support either company ever again.
  34. Apr 26, 2015
    Pay for mods, no thank you! Valve can kindly take their Jewish Goiym and shove it up their arses. Free modders unite for the glory of the PC community!
  35. Apr 26, 2015
    Let me get this straight Skyrim is a fun game but gets very boring after getting trough most content in the first 12 hours, which is why bethesda gave the modding community power and thus breathed new life in their game.

Now we got payed mods, early access payed mods.
    I refuse to stand for this utter ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ on both Valve's and Bethesda's end
  36. Apr 26, 2015
    Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. PaidPaid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Expand
  37. Apr 26, 2015
    Bethesda could never have enough money. Mods were exactly what attracted me and my friends to this game. Mods are what made it popular, therefore substantially increasing the sales. But that wasn't enough. Bethesda had to make more shekels. Paid mods are terrible and need to end.
  38. Apr 26, 2015
    This game now has paid mods. What more could possibly be said to explain how complete and utter **** Valve and Bethesda are? If you want modders to make money just **** donate to them. It's **** worked so far.
  39. Apr 24, 2015
    Once upon a time there was a game called The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, it was a very good game with a loving, creative community around it. That community was now ruined by the Pay4Mods plague brought by the joint efforts of the evil Valve and Bethesda. Now modders who once did mods for a passionate hobby will be struck with greed. Again greed and money have ruined something that was good.Once upon a time there was a game called The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, it was a very good game with a loving, creative community around it. That community was now ruined by the Pay4Mods plague brought by the joint efforts of the evil Valve and Bethesda. Now modders who once did mods for a passionate hobby will be struck with greed. Again greed and money have ruined something that was good.

This day is a sad day, me Grimlock is sad. me Grimlock can no longer love you Skyrim.
  40. Apr 26, 2015
    Like most Bethesda games, Skyrim is only mediocre when played without mods. With mods, the cool factor rises a million times over. Mods let you change almost every element of the game, adding immeasurable fun, and replay value. With that said, this is going to be a negative review because Bethesda, and Valve, have enabled a system where modders can now sell their mods on Steam.

This act

This act has already led to some modders pulling their mods from free sites like Nexus. Why is it a bad thing for modders to be paid for their work? Because that's not what modding is all about. I also mod, but I would never charge someone for something that is essentially done for fun, and with the notion of sharing with others. Modding has always been something done by the fans of a game, for other fans of the game.

For companies like Steam, and Bethesda, to try to monetize that, is nothing more than greed. And get this, the modders only recieve 25% of what they charge for their mods. Guess who gets the other 75%. This move sets a really bad precedent for things to come. You may not play Skyrim, but what if Valve started doing this to all their games? Modders for all games could potentially start charging people, and then the whole modding community would just turn into a huge market that nets big money for greedy corporations.

So, though I had fun with it in the past, I do not recommend Skyrim to anyone. It's your call to get it, but when the only thing that makes the game any good, is about to become paid DLC, that's when the game turns foul in my mind.
    Posted April 23.
  41. Apr 24, 2015
    No Paid Mods NEVER

Los modders no son las putas baratas que hacen el trabajo que Bethesda no hizo en su momento.
    Mafiosos.
    Vergüenza puta vergüenza...
  42. Apr 25, 2015
    game has gone far above advertised price with the monetization of everything with little or none going to the content creators and there is no quality control on portions of the game being charged for.
  43. Apr 26, 2015
    WAGE-THEFT, MICRO-TRANSACTIONS & YOU

Valve and Bethesda are now "servicing" PAID mods to gamers. The mod creators themselves only take 25% from it. These modders are "self-employed". Bethesda and Valve are not legally bound to these people. Valve and Bethesda reinvented Micro-transactions, already the most unethical business practice of the decade, and it is now an INDIRECT source
    WAGE-THEFT, MICRO-TRANSACTIONS & YOU

Valve and Bethesda reinvented Micro-transactions, already the most unethical business practice of the decade, and it is now an INDIRECT source of revenue, exploiting both gamers and modders for their hard work.

Nevermind modding was about enjoying your time with the game, having fun and giving back to the community. Now it's a business. Serious business. It involves money, trademarks and possible litigation over ownership of intellectual property.

Bethesda can now rely on modders to work for a pittance while cashing in the profits, at the same time avoiding ALL legal issues if there are ANY problems with said mods. Modders are on their own.

Bethesda is taking pretty much half of the profit, and modders (who are not employees, thus Bethesda doesn't owe them anything) are left to dry in the sand. No rights, no protection.

And if you think 25% is bad, you're not taking taxes into account. It's worse than bad.
  44. Apr 26, 2015
    Skyrim truly is a great game with unlimited possibilities...when you have mods freely available. Without mods the game is subpar in all areas, and the recent paywall mod idea has destroyed the very reason for buying this game. Not only that, but they are on the path to destroying the entire concept of what a mod is- a modification done by a hobbyist and turning it into micro-dlc. ThisSkyrim truly is a great game with unlimited possibilities...when you have mods freely available. Without mods the game is subpar in all areas, and the recent paywall mod idea has destroyed the very reason for buying this game. Not only that, but they are on the path to destroying the entire concept of what a mod is- a modification done by a hobbyist and turning it into micro-dlc. This leads to modders not wanting to share their source materials and tips/tricks that could aid less experienced mod. From sharing to a paywalled modding community.

Skyrim truly has shot an arrow into their own knees with this paidmods move.
  45. Apr 26, 2015
  46. Apr 26, 2015
    A horrible day.Paid modding is added now and is killing the modding community.Once an ok game with mods is now utter trash.

Thank you Valve and Bethesda for ruining the modding community.
  47. Apr 26, 2015
    A shame really. They had to fall back on this product and try to scam the community for fast cash after their The Elder Scrolls Online game was horribly mediocre and failed.
  48. Apr 26, 2015
    Pay for Mods needs an arrow to the knee! / Pay for Mods needs an arrow to the knee! / Pay for Mods needs an arrow to the knee! / Pay for Mods needs an arrow to the knee! / Pay for Mods needs an arrow to the knee!
  49. Apr 26, 2015
    I'd rather cuck my husband again than ever pay for a mod. Hell, I'd rather be cucked myself rather than pay for a mod. This is absolutely atrocious and needs to end.fff
  50. Apr 25, 2015
    The most overrated game ever made and without mods this game sucks 167 km of d*cks.
    Now you have to pay for mods.
    Don't buy this game. Do not support Bethesda ever again.
  51. Apr 26, 2015
    Skyrim, one of the most modded games, just got paid mods because of greed from Valve and Bethesda.
    Bravo Valve and Bethesda, you've lost a lot of customers with this move.
  52. Apr 27, 2015
    Edit: Paid mods are gone but modgate will not be forgotten. We will stay vigilant, and we will be watching.

Skyrim is worth playing once again, hopefully Fallout 4 ends up the same way.
  53. Apr 26, 2015
    I'll change my review if they get rid of putting mods behind a Paywall.

Bethesda and Valve are encouraging modders to place their mods behind a Paywall in a pre-existing open source modding community. The problems with that should be obvious. (Extremely easy to steal other people's work or steal it and change it to be unrecognizable) Not only that, but they want to take 75% of the
    I'll change my review if they get rid of putting mods behind a Paywall.

other people's work or steal it and change it to be unrecognizable)

Not only that, but they want to take 75% of the proceeds modders make and won't even give smaller modders anything until they make over $400, of that they only get $100.

Nexus on the other hand. has a donation button pop-up. If you like the mod you can donate directly to the mod creator. 100% of the proceeds go to the author for doing all the work, instead of valve and Bethesda stealing 75% of the money for doing nothing
  54. Apr 26, 2015
    I will not mince words. Skyrim became one of the best modern games because a community of amazing and talented people made post release modifications. These transformed an expansive game into a full and rich experience that could be enjoyed for hundreds of hours. THEN THEY BURNED IT TO THE GROUND. NO PAID MODS.
  55. Apr 26, 2015
    The game itself probably deserves a 5/10: A Boring world made up of Copy & Paste Set Pieces, uninteresting, unmemorable characters, a lame story, uninteresting quests and even after 3 DLCs and several Patches still a ton of bugs and glitches.
    The reason people like Skyrim is the Modding Community. After you slap on 80 to 100 Mods, Skyrim becomes fun and the modders create better quests then Bethesda couldn't even imagine.
    Therefore it's just hilariously sad and insane that Valve and Bethesda think it's a good idea to monetize Mods (disregarding the fact that modding has been free, since it's just a hobby and nothing more, for the past 2-3 decades) and not only that but they take 75% of the money.
  56. Apr 25, 2015
    What is a great game is being ruined by a terrible industry of selling mods and marketing what was once a fantastic community. Disgusting and shameful.
  57. Apr 25, 2015
    Bethesda has proven to be absolutely despicable with the recent changes to the Steam Workshop. They are tarnishing their reputation, and in doing so have caused the degradation of quality in their games.
  58. Apr 26, 2015
    Introducing payed mods makes the score of your game go down, down dooown. Valve and Bethesda should be ashamed of themself.

59. Apr 26, 2015
    This was an ok game but buggy as hell and on it's own not very memorable.
    The thing that made this game 9/10 was user created mods.
    Now that mods are monetized (thanks Bethesda) there is absolutely no reason for you to buy this game on PC.
    Get your DRM free hard copy for console and enjoy this mediocre crapfest. 3/10
  60. Apr 25, 2015
    At one time, I would have rated this game around 8, I have always enjoyed playing it. That being said, I have uninstalled the game will no longer play it, or purchase anything from Bethesda again. Why? Paid mods. I cannot support a game, game developer, publisher, or content delivery network that would employ such a horrible scam.
  61. Apr 26, 2015
    Was a great game with mods. Now, this game is worthless, unless you ready to deal with a ridiculous mod community of costs and mods and modders that don't really care, and just come and go.
  62. Apr 26, 2015
    Paid Mods? What a joke. If you thought DLC was **** then boy oh boy are you in for a surprise with PAID **** MODS. Boycott Valve, boycott Bethesda and start living the life a pirate.
  63. Apr 26, 2015
    The game itself is fun and enjoyable.
    However, I do not nor will I ever support paid mod micro-transactions that profit the company rather than the modder. If Valve/Bethesda ever changes this stance, then I will change my score.
  64. Apr 26, 2015
    Valve and Bethesda are charging people money for Skyrim mods now. Mods are no longer free because of this. Stop being greedy and charging people money for every single god damn thing. Mods used to FREE. Keep them that way: FREE!
  65. Apr 26, 2015
    Great job Valve and Bethesda! Because of your decision to enable paid mods, I will NEVER buy anything from either of you and I will never use Steam again, no matter what you do. And I am not the only one doing this.
  66. Apr 25, 2015
    Skyrim was fun game but with a large amount of bugs and some very poorly implemented user interface features, game was also pretty short and easy.
    With Mods you could fix almost all the bugs and repair your UI add immersion more quests more replayability more character customization better graphics etc...
    With paid mods someone like me who uses 90 mods I would need to spend about
    With paid mods someone like me who uses 90 mods I would need to spend about 200-400$ for the mods I use....
    Skyrim Vanilla 6/10
    Skyrim with mods 10/10
    Skyrim with paid mods 0/10
  67. Apr 25, 2015
    I am seriously disappointed by Bethesda's greedy decision of taking 75% of the profit generated by mods their users make. This will go down in history as one of the worst changes made to an otherwise flawless game.

Skyrim Vanilla 8/10
    Skyrim with mods 10/10
    Skyrim with paid mods 0/10
  68. Apr 26, 2015
    The paid mods initiative is an unbelievably cynical cash grab that has introduced a totally horrific concept to PC gaming.

The idea is now "out there", companies like Valve and EA are going to keep trying this till it pays off for them in the long term.

Everything about gaming is now a nickle and dime zero sum game. What a farce.
  69. Apr 26, 2015
    So Valve and Bethesda have pretty much shown how to destroy an entire industry/community in one day. Of all the worst things that have been happening to games lately, this is one of, if not THE, worst thing.
  70. Apr 26, 2015
    I love this game but charging for mods is stupid and I will never pay for them. It actually makes me sick, thanks Bethesda for being trash. That's it, nothing else worth saying.
  71. Apr 26, 2015
  72. Apr 26, 2015
    Skyrim success belong to the modders, don't destroy this community with greed.
    The pc gaming community will not accept this and thus the revolt has begun.
    Valve may not be your savior now, so open your mind and accept facts as they are right now.
  73. Apr 27, 2015
    The game is now promoting paid mods which is very bad for health of the community and potential gamer.

Such cynical acts are ruining gaming industry and are a greedy way for grabing cash from customers.
  74. Apr 25, 2015
    Was one of my favourite games before corporate greed reigned supreme. Best mod workshop in all of steam now hidden behind a paywall, pay for extra apple, pay for extra map marker, only 2 dollars to play fishing mini game. I am done with this game 0/10 will not play or recommend again
  75. Apr 25, 2015
    Paid mods.This game killed modding.Do not buy.Do not support Bethesda!Do not support Valve!

They monetised the part that was making their game playable and killed the community for a few dollars more!
  76. Apr 26, 2015
    This game is neutered thanks to Valve, Bethesda and a legion of whores who can be bought on the cheap.
    Look forward to an app store clone in the making full of overpriced mini-dlc content. The well has been poisoned people and you know who you'll have to thank for that.
  77. Apr 26, 2015
    You know to me skyrim was a real deal I would pay 50 bucks plus the expansion and get tons of beatuful free mods to enjoy and hours of new gameplay.
    Now what you get is chance to make Valve even more rich by stealing money to the modders and asking players to pay for stuff which was born free!
  78. Apr 25, 2015
    Avoid at all costs if buying on steam. Recently added a paid mods "feature" which has ruined the spirit of the game and the community. Please please please avoid. Teach Valve and Bethesda what they did wrong.
  79. Apr 26, 2015
  80. Apr 26, 2015
    i worked very hard writing this review, unless you are an entitled brat you will understand i deserve to be compensated for my time.

(one time payment of $9.99 will unlock this full review, further payment of $ 1.99 will unlock edits made to fix my spelling. Buy my review season pass for $299.99 to get full access to all reviews written by me during 1/1/15 to 1/1/16). Don't forget to

Don't forget to pre-order my upcoming, early access, Colored Words(tm) mod for the discounted rate of $4.99 . Will randomly add vibrant colors to some words in my reviews for ultimate re-readability.

*DISCLAIMER (reserve the right to never update or complete my work after i have pocketed your money, no refunds)
  81. Apr 26, 2015
    Now with 1,000,000% more paid DLC, first horse armor now this. Greedy company is, greedy. I wouldn't buy another game from them if they paid me to take it.
  82. Apr 26, 2015
    Game gets very dull but has one of the greatest modding communities ever, well....had... paid mods is now a thing, and if you don't want to shill out 100$ extra this game is pretty meh. Until this crap goes away it isn't worth it.
  83. Apr 26, 2015
    pIad mods?? Valve and Bethesda should be ashamed of themself. pIad mods?? Valve and Bethesda should be ashamed of themself. pIad mods?? Valve and Bethesda should be ashamed of themself. pIad mods?? Valve and Bethesda should be ashamed of themself. pIad mods?? Valve and Bethesda should be ashamed of themself. pIad mods?? Valve and Bethesda should be ashamed of themself.
  84. Apr 23, 2015
  85. Apr 26, 2015
    Very good game. But... Paid mods? Seriously? The credibility of Bethesda was destroyed. Gaming community also destroyed. This is nonsense. It is not right!

8/10 for playing 2011-2015.
    1/10 for playing in the spring 2015.
  86. Apr 26, 2015
    Game itself is 9/10
    Tons of great mods will bump it to 10/10 or even 11/10
    However, since they turned one of the best mod community into money grabbing cash cows, it gets EA/10
  87. Apr 26, 2015
    Bethesda has sullied not only Skyrim but their reputation as a whole with the plunderous decision to start selling mods with the creator receiving only 25% while Bethesda take home a healthy 45% for no work on their part. Valve who host the mods but provide zero quality control or support take the remaining 30%. Don't support such cheap, greedy business practices
  88. Apr 26, 2015
    What gave the extrordinary life spawn of Skyrim and other open world Bethesda's games is mods. Free mods. If the modding community is as huge as it is right now it is because of its free of charge aspect. Well, I say free of charge, but you can still donate as you like for mods.

If only it was about it. No, Bethesda decided to get 45% of the price modders decided to ask for their work.

Greed, coming from modders and companies is once again being a part of the dumbling down of gaming. It's a shame, really...
  89. Apr 26, 2015
    A buggy plattform that try to take credit of other peoples hard work.
    The Company is a greedy pile of **** with no soul.
    Go to the corner of shame and dont you dare try to leave it!
  90. Apr 26, 2015
    9/10 for the game
    0/10 for the paid mods
    Valve/Bethesda, you dun ****ed up.
    Uh.... I need more characters so....
    /150characterssssssssssss
    There we go
  91. Apr 23, 2015
    Great game with all the 100+ mods i have (literally i just counted its more than 100). Not worth without them.
    All mods were downloaded from the nexus. In an month all the mods will come over here to the freaking steam **** and charge for them, while either delleting them in the nexus or keeping really outdated versions of them in there.
    Dont believe me? This **** already started, just

Dont believe me? This **** already started, just check Wet and **** cold.

v2.0 here in steam workshop

v1.4 in the nexus.

GO to freaking hell valve bethesda and Gaben
  92. Apr 25, 2015
    Once an example of an open source game for modders to experiment with.
    A way to passionately make mods for everyone to enjoy.
    Now it will turn into a cash cow for bethesda's and valve's greed by putting mods behind pay walls. And the modders? They only get 25% of the money, while the other 20 - 30 percent goes to valve and 45% to bethesda. Its a way to make unofficial dlc, that
    Once an example of an open source game for modders to experiment with.
    A way to passionately make mods for everyone to enjoy.

Its a way to make unofficial dlc, that might get their support pulled any day, and might turn incompatible any day without the developer having any responsibility to fix the mod.
  93. Apr 25, 2015
    Thanks to a major monetization effort by Bethesda and Valve, Skyrim is now utterly worthless as a game; it is no longer freely moddable. Resources like Nexus, ModDB, and even Loverslab are now equally worthless, as Bethesda will be pushing out a patch to remove the ability to mod outside of the Workshop. These things are what made Skyrim good. Now, it's just a bad, buggy piece of ****
  94. Apr 23, 2015
    Paying for mods? Is this some kind of sick cruel joke? This decision makes Nintendo's decision to take ad revenue from YouTube streamers look smart. This game isn't worth playing without the mods.
  95. Apr 23, 2015
  96. Apr 24, 2015
    Thanks for the paid mods you greedy **** this game is mediocre without mods, and now you just came and steal that from your own game. Bravo, you can't be more stupids Valve/Betrashda.
  97. Apr 25, 2015
    Was a great game, then they started forcing people to pay for mods. Bethesda and Valve have shown their true colours, and how can we stand for this? Fix the Workshop!
  98. Apr 23, 2015
    PAID MODS = DEAD GAME
    Congrats on killing one of the greatest things about PC gaming. You think people would still be playing TES Oblivion 9 years after launch if mods weren't free?
    Dream on, greedy pigs.
  99. Apr 25, 2015
    Valve and Bethesda have joined forces to destroy what makes PC gaming the way it is. They have started monetizing MODS made by community members. They try to pass it as modders making money, but what these snakes don't tell you is that they keep 75% of the money, the creator of the content only gets 25%. On top of that, they need to make $100 a month to get paid, if they can't get that,Valve and Bethesda have joined forces to destroy what makes PC gaming the way it is. They have started monetizing MODS made by community members. They try to pass it as modders making money, but what these snakes don't tell you is that they keep 75% of the money, the creator of the content only gets 25%. On top of that, they need to make $100 a month to get paid, if they can't get that, Valve keeps it. This is not only another step in destroying PC gaming, much like DLC, it has ruined what was once a great, friendly modding community.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCIENCE, OR DESIRE TO SEE PC GAMING STAY THE WAY IT IS! A PURCHASE OF THIS GAME IS DIRECTLY FUNDING THE DEATH OF YOUR OWN HOBBY!

THERE ARE OTHER WAYS TO PLAY, DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO VALVE OF BETHESDA,
  100. Apr 24, 2015
    Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..
  101. Mar 7, 2012
    Skyrim: mediocrity incarnate. After giving in to the hype and paying the above average RRP at launch I was left feeling ripped-off. Bold claims had been made about Skyrim prior to its launch and it was safe to assume in the five years Bethesda had off after TES IV to make Skyrim significant improvements would have been made, as well as most if not all of the issues addressed. Needless toSkyrim: mediocrity incarnate. After giving in to the hype and paying the above average RRP at launch I was left feeling ripped-off. Bold claims had been made about Skyrim prior to its launch and it was safe to assume in the five years Bethesda had off after TES IV to make Skyrim significant improvements would have been made, as well as most if not all of the issues addressed. Needless to say that is NOT what happened, what did happen however is Bethesda made the combat both slightly more enjoyable and slightly more annoying with constant unskippable death-cam esque finishing moves and also added smithing which granted is fairly addictive. Other than that however Skyrim still has nearly all of the flaws present in its predecessors as well as a lackluster main story quest, and although the sidequests certainly aren't bad and offer more variety than their Oblivion and Morrowind counterparts the simple fact is they're not quite as well executed and as a result I often found myself lacking motivation to see most of them through. All in all I feel much of my dissatisfaction with Skyrim comes from the intensely hyperbolic promotional content released pre-release, ultimately Skyrim is enjoyble but certainly not as amazing as most of the mainstream press would have you believe. In it's current state I can't recommend Skyrim at full price, I'd say wait for the inevitable GOTY edition. Collapse

1. Feb 29, 2012