8.1

1. Nov 28, 2011
    Sem duvida alguma, o melhor jogo que ja joguei! mesmo nao gostando de RPG eu estou jogando e adorando! tambem é o primeiro game que digo que me prendeu a frente do computador por mais tempo! Com certeza merece GOTY!!!
  2. Nov 30, 2011
    Good:
    Very nice graphic. Even with an average graphic card. Dont understand people dont like/see that. Wonderfull distance view of the landscape. Perfect RPG atmosphere with a well written storyline. Interactive citicen behavior. It makes you feel living in that world. AI react different how you behave. NPC talking about your progress in game. very nice.
    Poor: Controlling. You can see
    Good:

Poor:
    Controlling. You can see that it is controler coded and ported for Keyboard and mouse. Sometimes hard to select options with the mouse. So i cant give 10/10. ;-)

Overall it is one of my best RPG i have ever played.
  3. Nov 30, 2011
    Without comparing this game to any other game - it's great! It is an amazing achievement to make a game that is this open-ended, and yet each quest seems original. Many games promise a varied approach - Skyrim actually delivers. Aside from minor glitches, this game delivers on core game play and deapth. As usual, I'm a little confused by folks that have given the game a below averageWithout comparing this game to any other game - it's great! It is an amazing achievement to make a game that is this open-ended, and yet each quest seems original. Many games promise a varied approach - Skyrim actually delivers. Aside from minor glitches, this game delivers on core game play and deapth. As usual, I'm a little confused by folks that have given the game a below average score. I've played some HORRIBLE games in my time, and Skyim is NOT one of them. Expand
  4. Nov 30, 2011
    I found this game thoroughly enjoyable even though it was an obvious console port and streamlined to hell. I thought game could have gone over and had more features added or redone. It just feels like it is missing so many things, and things taken out that should have stayed. I came from Morrorwind and Oblivion, and those two honestly had more content, even so, I enjoyed this game and whatI found this game thoroughly enjoyable even though it was an obvious console port and streamlined to hell. I thought game could have gone over and had more features added or redone. It just feels like it is missing so many things, and things taken out that should have stayed. I came from Morrorwind and Oblivion, and those two honestly had more content, even so, I enjoyed this game and what it offered. Being able to jump into the Elder Scrolls world was nice and I did notice the game running alot better than Bethesda's recent games.

I'm playing it on the PC, and so far hadn't had any problems with crashes, only when I'm alt+tabbing constantly. For those of you that do play on the PC and didn't notice, you can add hotkeys to your equipment from the favorites menu.

I've tried this game on the console as well and I have to say, I'm glad I'm a PC gamer. The console version of this is too jittery and buggy. Still I wish the devs would think more about the PC community, and stop streamlining everything. I miss the complexity of a game and now everything is made for the convenience for kids and people who are too lazy to get into the learning curve

All in all, the game is fun and anticipating the upcoming DLCs and mods.
  5. Dec 4, 2011
    While there are certainly RPG elements, I would hesitate to call this a true RPG. Not that it is a bad game by any means, but fans of Fallout 3, New Vegas, Oblivion, or Morrowind may feel they are missing depth. The quests are fun, and the combat is intuitive. Magic scales poorly, however. Overall, a very fun game, but almost brainless compared to more full bodied RPG's.
  6. Dec 8, 2011
    I give this game a 9 because this is a great game. Not the best. But not the worst. It has some bad things like the UI but the overall feeling was fantastic. And it was certainly nice to get a good RPG after the mess that Dragon Age 2 was.
  7. Dec 16, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best Elder Scrolls game by far. Before this game I never payed attention to the series, and then when I played the game I just loved it. The world is massive, full of cities, villages and other things. The graphics are simply amazing. And all the moves you can learn is also great. But the thing I love most about this game is the ability to turn into a werewolf. Really great work. Bethesda has done it again! Expand
  8. Dec 17, 2011
    I've been playing the game since it came out and so far have put in over 80hrs and I've still got a lot more quests to do! The game has its faults, the odd AI/graphical glitch and it occasionally crashes to the desktop, but these can be easily overlooked because its such an amazing game, the world, quests, graphics etc are very well done. If you don't have this game and like RPGs then goI've been playing the game since it came out and so far have put in over 80hrs and I've still got a lot more quests to do! The game has its faults, the odd AI/graphical glitch and it occasionally crashes to the desktop, but these can be easily overlooked because its such an amazing game, the world, quests, graphics etc are very well done. If you don't have this game and like RPGs then go out and buy it!! Expand
  9. Dec 20, 2011
    I started out playing this game with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. However, as I kept playing I started to notice that it was becoming increasingly harder to come back to the game, especially after I had beaten the main questline. The RPG elements are oversimplified, crafting is easy when you can buy most of your supplies at the vendors. Its a good game, while you canI started out playing this game with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. However, as I kept playing I started to notice that it was becoming increasingly harder to come back to the game, especially after I had beaten the main questline. The RPG elements are oversimplified, crafting is easy when you can buy most of your supplies at the vendors. Its a good game, while you can enjoy it. It does however get very repetitive and boring super quickly though. It does take a long time to notice the little things that make you get bored but I think that's a point for the developers on that subject. Expand
  10. Jan 9, 2012
    Skyrim is an excellent way to pass time, slay dragons and get your butt firmly kicked by a frost troll in the first hour of gameplay. The game offers (as i read somewhere else) a veritable "country-in-a-box". a Beautiful one at that too. Combat is much better than Morrowind and about the same level as Oblivion, stealth is reasonably unchanged as well. Im thinking the magic system is anSkyrim is an excellent way to pass time, slay dragons and get your butt firmly kicked by a frost troll in the first hour of gameplay. The game offers (as i read somewhere else) a veritable "country-in-a-box". a Beautiful one at that too. Combat is much better than Morrowind and about the same level as Oblivion, stealth is reasonably unchanged as well. Im thinking the magic system is an interesting way of going about it, instead of making a new spell that does only so much fire damage and ice damage, you just put fire on the left, ice on the right, and go to town. Now, i don't know how many of my fellow reviewers have tried to make a fantastic storyline with no issues and gripping gameplay through and through (*In a sandbox world*) but for what it is (certain storylines do fall flat oddly), its pretty awesome. While you still feel the fact that your a player in a world full of npc's, just looking at how much they have improved since oblivion is great. No doubt, might i add, once you done with what the devs have created, it can grow exponentially from there with the modding community that has already polished the graphics and will within a reasonable amount of time start unleashing their own mini-countries onto the interwebs.

Tl,Dr; Devs made a wonderful sandbox game. Storys fall flat rarely (but disappointingly). Great if you enjoy stalking your prey.
  11. Jan 11, 2012
    Fairly the best game of the Eldar Scrolls line. They improved like every part of the last games and implemented some new stuff. .For those who where already used to the Eldar Scrolls game style its a must have, for all the others its the very best beginning to this game row.
  12. Jan 11, 2012
    Excellent game, many thanks to developers! The beautiful drawing, the huge world, interesting quests. The thought over balance. There are insignificant defects which can be corrected patches. I play almost every day till some hours. I recommend game to fans of this genre. Thanks.
  13. Jan 13, 2012
    Game of the year 2011! Maybe also the best RPG ever. Story, gameplay, characters, voice acting, everything is perfect. All the flaws from the past elder scrolls games are gone. Almost no bugs, missing textures or broken mechanics. Only a big open world with lots of good quests, monsters and items. Highly recommended!
  14. Jan 14, 2012
    Amazingly huge game that, when compared to all other games out to date, deserves much better than many people are giving it the credit for. I mean, COME ON people, you whine and complain about how it's not perfect...well, has there EVER EVER been a game that was perfect? Absolutely not. Many negative reviews are from people who want something more, but they fail to realize this is aAmazingly huge game that, when compared to all other games out to date, deserves much better than many people are giving it the credit for. I mean, COME ON people, you whine and complain about how it's not perfect...well, has there EVER EVER been a game that was perfect? Absolutely not. Many negative reviews are from people who want something more, but they fail to realize this is a project that is way more than any other game out there. Yes, there are flaws, but they pale in comparison to its virtues. Pros: Amazing world, ALL dungeons are different, I'm not getting bored exploring them like in oblivion. Graphics are pretty good, although we still have people whining about that...it's Bethesda for gods sake! And overall hours and hours of possible gameplay. Quests are relatively interesting, with a good variety as far as i'm concerned. Overall, loving it.

Cons: Menu system does suck, but mods are out (and coming out) already to improve it. Have gotten one crash...but compared to oblivion this is Mac versus Windows...
  15. Jan 18, 2012
    Wow. I don't even know where to start with this game. it has so much going for it. first of all, the game looks beautiful. the new engine does wonders for the game this this time. characters look fantastic compared to the last installment. then theres the world. the world is massive. and you can go anywhere you want straight out of the gate. i have over 60 hours in the game so far, and iWow. I don't even know where to start with this game. it has so much going for it. first of all, the game looks beautiful. the new engine does wonders for the game this this time. characters look fantastic compared to the last installment. then theres the world. the world is massive. and you can go anywhere you want straight out of the gate. i have over 60 hours in the game so far, and i havent even been to all the main areas. nevermind the tons of small settlements and dungeons that are literally everywhere. the world is massive and beautiful. and every character has there own personality. there own story. they may not be interesting, but there all there. that brings me to my first problem. even thought a great amount of detail has gone into these characters, they dont feel life like. they dont seem to be remotely interested in what there saying to you. and thats a shame. but its a hard thing to do. and even though its not done the best, its still miles above the competition. moving onto the gameplay, skyrim has kept its combat pretty much the same as oblivion. because it works. very well. its really my favorite part of the game. everything is smooth and fluent. then theres the story. there is so much story in this game, that i cant begin to talk about it without taking up the rest of the review. so its good. very good. theres over 100 hours of it. with every good thing that game brings out, there seems to be a lot of not so good things to go with them. i bought the game for PC. and its very buggy. there is so many bugs, its become a sport with me and my friends to find the most hilarious one. floating people, killer props, and liquid ground are all present here. i guess what im saying is that the game is great, but with many problems. i still recomend picking it up. Expand
  16. Mar 6, 2012
    TESV: Skyrim, at launch was a pretty shaky game with Bethesda bugs some players were unable to play the game for some part, however with the constant patching since then the game has stabilized and has become an actual enjoyable game. and with the release of the creation kit last month the PC has set its master race position in stone, by adding longevity to an already long game making it aTESV: Skyrim, at launch was a pretty shaky game with Bethesda bugs some players were unable to play the game for some part, however with the constant patching since then the game has stabilized and has become an actual enjoyable game. and with the release of the creation kit last month the PC has set its master race position in stone, by adding longevity to an already long game making it a must have if not for the vanilla game but for the modded game itself Expand
  17. Mar 11, 2012
    Skyrim is a great game, one of the best RPG games out there. Unfortunately it obviously has it flaws. If I wrote this review before 'finishing' (maybe ~50 hours in) I would have given it a 9 or a 10. But so many flaws come into mind. Many quests are bugged. You have to google the issue and find out something is bugged and correct it manually with console commands (if possible). Just one ofSkyrim is a great game, one of the best RPG games out there. Unfortunately it obviously has it flaws. If I wrote this review before 'finishing' (maybe ~50 hours in) I would have given it a 9 or a 10. But so many flaws come into mind. Many quests are bugged. You have to google the issue and find out something is bugged and correct it manually with console commands (if possible). Just one of dozens of examples is when the quest contains reading a certain journal/book but you found it much earlier it will bug out and make you unable to ever finish the questline unless you do your own research and try to manually fix it with console commands. This has happened WAY TOO OFTEN. The other MAJOR flaw are the boring quests. There are some really nice and interesting quests out there who tell a beatuiful story and it is really fun doing the quests, but far too many quests are simply like this: 'I lost my sword/flute/whatever, go to the dungeon, kill all enemies, at the end there is a chest with my lost item in it, return it to me'. Far too many of those. No story, nothing. Uber boring and so many of these quests. At the end of the game around level 50 I just quit because 99% of the quests seem to be these boring catch quests without story. Overall still a good game with awesome graphics, some great stories. The mainquest is a huge letdown also. The endboss is too easy and the "mainstory" ends abrupt with no rewards. I finished ~110 hours in. The first 50-80 hours were awesome. Then was the time when only boring quests were left. Still recommend buying, but don't expect a flawless game as it is certainly not. Also some other major bugs with followers and equipments or leveling ruined a lot for me if it wasn't for manually googling fixes and console commands. 8/10 Expand
  18. May 14, 2012
    if you buy one game this year make it skyrim the amount of content is worth the price. unlike most games nowadays .ive spent hours in this game already and ive barely touched the main story the side quests and random things you fine are so good you have gamer ADD on what to do next its awesome.
  19. Sep 3, 2012
    On the right PC there is NO denying this game looks graphically delicious. Definitely much better than the previous Elder Scrolls in almost every way, Skyrim is a huge game with loads of content and locations. It is truly fun to level up your character and progress across the map, the game makes you feel immersed in this snowy, yet stunning landscape. I really enjoy how you can make aOn the right PC there is NO denying this game looks graphically delicious. Definitely much better than the previous Elder Scrolls in almost every way, Skyrim is a huge game with loads of content and locations. It is truly fun to level up your character and progress across the map, the game makes you feel immersed in this snowy, yet stunning landscape. I really enjoy how you can make a single character be pretty much everything, from a sword and shield wielding knight to a Mage with a staff, or whip out dual-wielding axes. I have to say that Skyrim has some of the best music/soundtrack of any game, and it mixes SO WELL with this world. You feel so free when you play this game, in a good and fluent way. It is easy to determine what you can and can't handle and you would think traveling is a chore, but its just too fun. A few things I would like to see changed for their MMO though would have to be a more diverse SET of voice acting for NPCs so its not so repetitive, and also the combat. Although I think the combat is ok, it certainly isn't the best. At times it is downright annoying especially in smaller spaces. There is the occasional repetition with dungeons as well, but they still feel pretty unique and treasure hunting is always a blast. Expand
  20. Nov 15, 2012
    I feel split in two over Skyrim. On one hand, its a beautifully crafted game, with hours of content that dwarf even what was on the earlier Elder Scrolls games. Combat feels smooth, the graphics are top of the line. Out with the glitches and clunky character models that were Bethesda's unofficial trademarks. And honestly, no company makes open world RPG fantasy games like Bethesda. Fans ofI feel split in two over Skyrim. On one hand, its a beautifully crafted game, with hours of content that dwarf even what was on the earlier Elder Scrolls games. Combat feels smooth, the graphics are top of the line. Out with the glitches and clunky character models that were Bethesda's unofficial trademarks. And honestly, no company makes open world RPG fantasy games like Bethesda. Fans of the earlier games don't need convincing, the games are huge time sinks. But on the other hand...

Its almost a disservice to call the game streamlined, but just almost. First leveling. The leveling system from Oblivion has been cut in half; no more Strength, Endurance, Agility, and Willpower character stats. Only skills stats like Blocking, Destruction, and Sneak got to stay in. This has its plus and minuses. On the up side leveling is less of a hassle of trying to increase minor skills to up stats and all that hooplah. On the negative side, it strips away a huge part of character diversity, especially during early/mid game. To me the bigger offense is that all the races have essentially the same skills. No more jack of all trades Dark Elf, spell casting Breton, and warrior Orc. Of course, any race could be built anyway you wanted, but now race has been boiled down to an aesthetics choice. To gamers new to the series this is fine. To an Elder Scrolls veteran it means that this + no more stats simplifies the leveling system. Big time.

Of course simplified doesn't mean simple. The game is complex enough to entertain me and mods alleviate most of the problems. Mods also solve my biggest irk, which is how ridiculously easy the game is (even the hyped up dragons), but I shouldn't have had to use a mod. Well, this comment makes the game seem like a let down but its not. I'm giving it an 8 because it has highlights that overshadow its negatives. And honestly, I feel like a new gamers coming in to the series would see most of these negatives as a relief from how inaccessible previous titles were.
  21. Dec 19, 2012
    I've always liked the Elderscrolls series and Skyrim was a fun and enjoyable game to play. I also have a love for modding video games so the Creation Kit adds an extra joy to the game by allowing me to create new content and customize the game to suit my play style.
  22. Jan 3, 2013
    Even more than a year later I'm still enjoying Skyrim tremendously. However; without the mind blowing mod support, I would have stopped playing a very long time ago.
  23. Apr 26, 2013
    Good game, nice graphics. I like the authentic skill system, is fair.
    The world is amazing to explore, but this game have so much bug.

I stoped play without finish it, but i belive i will return to play.
  24. May 17, 2013
    This isn't a perfect game lack of memorable characters, lack of really enjoyable missions, the main plot isn't that good. But Skyrim is one of the most beautiful open world RPG out there, just being there and be able to participate in Civil War, build your career in guilds great pleasure!
  25. Jun 6, 2013
    I was sceptical about this game when it was released, I didn’t want to be running around with magic and swords but as a big fan of fallout I needed something to quench the thirst of waiting for fallout 4. So I bought this game and played with an open mind, only to find out it is one of the greatest video games I have ever played. So much to love about this game, so detailed, so beautiful,I was sceptical about this game when it was released, I didn’t want to be running around with magic and swords but as a big fan of fallout I needed something to quench the thirst of waiting for fallout 4. So I bought this game and played with an open mind, only to find out it is one of the greatest video games I have ever played. So much to love about this game, so detailed, so beautiful, so dense with plots and stories of this universe. So open to explore and choose your own journey. So many stories to tell and numerous times I have been overwhelmed at the epicness of what things happened to me. Thank you Bethesda. Expand
  26. Jul 23, 2013
    Perfection of the highest order. I loved TES series before Skyrim and this just culminates everything I love into one game. The story is epic and draws you in. The world is detailed, and the combat is excellent crafted. If you love RPG's or action game, then do not miss this one. No other game has me coming back quite like this one. Everything I turn o the game, even though I've playedPerfection of the highest order. I loved TES series before Skyrim and this just culminates everything I love into one game. The story is epic and draws you in. The world is detailed, and the combat is excellent crafted. If you love RPG's or action game, then do not miss this one. No other game has me coming back quite like this one. Everything I turn o the game, even though I've played ~200ish hours, I always find something new or some new place to explore. Expand
  27. Sep 11, 2013
    A glorious masterpiece of a game, which is literally a country for you to explore and become part of. The graphics are sublime, the endless quests are intriguing, mysterious and compelling, the customisation of your character and what he/she chooses to do is liberating and a stroke of genius.
    The added DLC is also all worth getting and worth the money, something which I VERY rarely say these days.

Honestly, in my humble opinion, arguably the greatest achievement so far in the realm of video games.
  28. Oct 26, 2014
    1.You must mod it. (especially graphics)
    2.You must buy all DLCs.
    With that Skyrim is perfect. I recently bought all DLCs, I modded that game and I played 20 hours in one week without even noticing it. If you don't have it, buy it right now! Seriously you should enjoy it!
  29. Nov 20, 2014
    Quite possibly the greatest game of all time. Well, it's definitely up there for me. Every single thing about this game is outstanding, and continues to grow via PC still to this day with more mods then sense. Buggy, yes. A true Bethesda quality when it comes to ES games. One flaw aside, I cannot fathom how much time I put into this game and still do. 3 years on and still discoveringQuite possibly the greatest game of all time. Well, it's definitely up there for me. Every single thing about this game is outstanding, and continues to grow via PC still to this day with more mods then sense. Buggy, yes. A true Bethesda quality when it comes to ES games. One flaw aside, I cannot fathom how much time I put into this game and still do. 3 years on and still discovering quests. When you get a perfect round the board score like this in every category, it's difficult to critique. 10/10
    I've never been more involved and immersed in a such a top quality masterpiece.
  30. Dec 5, 2014
    Really good game, there is a hundreds things to do and hundreds things to explore. It might get little bit repetitive at the end but anyway stil AAA RPG game.
  31. Dec 6, 2014
    I never give a 10 score out but this one is deserving. After 400 hours of play and a constant urge to replay over and over again.....what's not to like. There are too many reviews to waste my time adding a 5000 character review so I'll jump to what matters:
    Bethesda.....please make an inventory system that doesn't suck. Make SkyUI part of your future games. Your welcome!
  32. Dec 6, 2014
    Skyrim is a fantastic game, filled with exploration and adventure. The world is vast, and there is plenty to do. Absolutely recommended for all RPG lovers. My breakdown is as follows:

1. Graphics: 9/10 - excellent, looks amazing on high-end rig
    2. Gameplay: 8/10 - satisfying combat, non-linear, do what you want when you want
    3. Story: 8/10 - totally immersive

A must-have.
  33. Dec 6, 2014
    Skyrim is the best game ever. The graphics are beautiful and so is the soundtrack. The combat system allows you to play what ever play style fits you best. You can shoot fire out of your left hand and attack with your sword on your right. This is a must buy game. BUY IT!!!!
  34. Dec 7, 2014
    As you can tell by my username, I freaking love this game. It's arguably my favorite game ever. I'm not even in to RPGs that much, but this game is just incredible. To explain why would take WAY more than what a metacritic review allows, but I'll try to get a few reasons. The hack-and-slash gameplay is downright fun and definitely addicting, and character leveling works perfectly, andAs you can tell by my username, I freaking love this game. It's arguably my favorite game ever. I'm not even in to RPGs that much, but this game is just incredible. To explain why would take WAY more than what a metacritic review allows, but I'll try to get a few reasons. The hack-and-slash gameplay is downright fun and definitely addicting, and character leveling works perfectly, and the story, while it may seem somewhat unoriginal, is still intriguing. However, you may not even get to playing the main story considering there are HUNDREDS of well thought-out side quests. Just be sure to get the definitive version on PC, where with the help of mods, this game becomes a truly timeless classic. Expand
  35. Apr 27, 2015
    Update 4/27/15 - 10/10 (9.5) to push this game rating back to what it should be.

Paid mods have been removed and the battle has been won, thank you to all the soldiers in our fight.
  36. Aug 2, 2015
    Easily one of the best RPG games out there. Amazing graphics that still hold up (for the most part) today, almost 4 years after the game's release. There are a lot of problems that can break immersion and keeps my score from being a 9 or a 10. For example there a handful of bugs in the game like the infamous giant glitch, or how sometimes bodies will sink through the floor or terrain, orEasily one of the best RPG games out there. Amazing graphics that still hold up (for the most part) today, almost 4 years after the game's release. There are a lot of problems that can break immersion and keeps my score from being a 9 or a 10. For example there a handful of bugs in the game like the infamous giant glitch, or how sometimes bodies will sink through the floor or terrain, or the also infamous intro glitch. There is also the problem that even though there are many decisions in the game none of them really change the game, and what I mean by this is that you can do a quest to kill somebody or retrieve some ancient artifact that is really hard to get and bring it back to someone, it doesnt do sh*t to the rest of the game world. That being said there are a lot of good things, like the music, gameplay, the base story, how large the world is, and the list goes on. Expand
  37. Nov 14, 2015
    STORY:
    4.5/5

GRAPHICS:

GAMEPLAY:
    3.5/5

FLAWNESS-NESS:
    1.5/5

Too many bugs to count :( Not One, but TWO questlines broke due to bugs! There is an ongoing joke about Bethesda not having quality inspection, and sometimes, I believe they're right.

>>> OVERALL
  38. Nov 15, 2011
    I wish i could give this game the 10 it deservesl The problem is that an awesome concept is hold back by the same thing that hold back oblivion. And i refuse to give it more credit as its predecessor when it has not improved on these basic things. This is why i will take on all the bad parts first. I am talking about game breaking bugs (found at least 1 in the main quest), dragons flyingI wish i could give this game the 10 it deservesl The problem is that an awesome concept is hold back by the same thing that hold back oblivion. And i refuse to give it more credit as its predecessor when it has not improved on these basic things. This is why i will take on all the bad parts first. I am talking about game breaking bugs (found at least 1 in the main quest), dragons flying through solid mountains, NPC's floating around and way more. Then there also is the console designed menu thats horrendous on PC, slow loading textures and generally pretty bad texture work from up close. But now the good part. The game may have some bad textures from up close but the environment is beautifull, you will be stunned by all the amazing views this game has to offer. There is an insane amount of fun to be had while not even following the main story and i think this counterweights all the bad parts of this game. Dragonfighting is **** awesome and most of the times there will be some epic situation like finding a blood dragon attacking a village of enemies and another dragon joining in on the fun. I personally like the dragon shout system although i find it hard to find a good use for some of the shouts like frost breath that does allmost no damage but has a long cooldown. all in all good game but if you plan on buying it wait till it got some bug fixes by bethesda or the community. Expand
  39. Nov 15, 2011
    A great game by all standards, but struggling with allot of flaws. The Elder Scrolls universe only grows with Skyrim, and it's great storytelling. Like it's predecessors, there is so much more than the main storyline to experience. There's a world to explore, and something that is waiting to happen around every bend, and over every hill. However, the game struggles in some areas.A great game by all standards, but struggling with allot of flaws. The Elder Scrolls universe only grows with Skyrim, and it's great storytelling. Like it's predecessors, there is so much more than the main storyline to experience. There's a world to explore, and something that is waiting to happen around every bend, and over every hill. However, the game struggles in some areas. Explanations for how certain stories got to end up in skyrim are lacking, and feels like they were put there for a convenient link to the past games, rather than as a new and thrilling story for you. The game also struggles from several techincall problems. Quests that can't be completed, and things flying left and right because you brushed past them. Still, this game is definitely the RPG of the year, and after 30 hours of gameplay, I've barely scratched the surface of the games full potential. Some patches, and this game will be a solid game, that can be enjoyed for years yet. Expand
  40. Nov 15, 2011
    There are several shortcomings in Skyrim that keep it from reaching its full potential. First, the UI... It is painfully obvious that this game was designed to target the X360, and the PC version suffers as a result with a clunky user interface. Second, AI issues... I have played through the intro sequence only twice, and the second time through, there was a serious bug where my ally frozeThere are several shortcomings in Skyrim that keep it from reaching its full potential. First, the UI... It is painfully obvious that this game was designed to target the X360, and the PC version suffers as a result with a clunky user interface. Second, AI issues... I have played through the intro sequence only twice, and the second time through, there was a serious bug where my ally froze in place and left me to fend for myself. Third, the controls... It seems that very little care or caution was put into the PC control scheme, with awkward keyboard-only navigation of some menus, and Y-axis mouse sensitivity that scales with frame rate. - [][] - These three shortcomings aside, Skyrim excels in just about every thing it sets out to do. The main plot line is NOT the main attraction here. Skyrim is truly the spiritual successor to earlier games in the series such as Daggerfall, in the sense that it lets you simply exist in another world. Bethesda has created a virtual space for us to explore, experiment with, and spend time in, and it excels at keeping us entertained. - [][] - The character advancement system is interesting to explore, and the perks you can obtain are very satisfying. This system allows you to craft a unique set of skills for your character, and prevents you from simply from becoming all-powerful. - [][] - The difficulty scaling is implemented far better than it was in Oblivion. Everywhere you go, you get a sense that there are real threats to your safety, which keeps you in a constant state of alert. The perks, on the other hand, still give you a satisfying feeling that your character is constantly progressing. As a result, there is absolutely no reason to feel the need to level grind. I recommend playing the game on the hardest difficulty for maximum satisfaction. It's kind of like Left 4 Dead in that regard... playing on anything less than Expert is just boring... - [][] - I would like to give Skyrim a higher rating, but its shortcomings are difficult to forgive, especially considering how long this game has been in development. A great game, yes, but I kind of feel like PC gamers got the shaft, big time. I will therefore give it an 8. Expand
  41. Nov 17, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece, its the game that we have been waiting for in 2011, (Most titles this year have been bad to say the least) My total score for this game would be a 10
  42. Nov 17, 2011
    Skyrim may be my favorite game of 2011 to date, and that was after I had waited for Batman: Arkham City with the greatest anticipation. Skyrim beat Arkham by enough that I may have to finish the Batman game next year. Something to look forward to.

Gameplay has improved significantly over Oblivion. Where Oblivion's skill based system was often confusing and complex, Skyrim has made it very straight forward to understand. The best part is you don't really have to create a character "class". Instead you can simply choose your own play style and your skill will level up appropriately. I love the freedom of play style this offers.

Unlike the seemingly barren landscape of Oblivion, the land of Skyrim is vast and filled with adventures at every turn. I've wandered for hours and not reached an obvious border, though I know they are out there. And this game encourages exploration like no other game before it. Just heading back from one quest I ran into a new village and three new dungeon areas and finally had to call it quits for the day even though I was constantly tempted to look around "just one more bend in the road."

NPC's are a treat as well. Instead of the cardboard mannequin's of Oblivion, the NPC's in Skyrim are alive. You can sit, watch and listen as they go about their daily business. And they react to your presence even if you don't approach them. Sometimes a new quest line will be opened up by an NPC who approaches my character asking for assistance. The entire experience is incredibly organic. Nothing like the silly "look for the exclamation mark over the NPC's head" of the MMO world. The graphics of Skyrim do have issues. While it is easy to tweak the game to get good performance, the textures often look better at a distance than they do close up. Of course, I spend so much time gazing off into the distance looking for that next adventure, I am never bothered by the few muddy textures around me.

There are glitches. Skyrim is not just a computer game, it is a great big computer game with a vast complex environment and interactive items everywhere. So to expect it to be perfect is unrealistic. The flaws never are significant enough to destroy my immersion. I'm know there are obsessive types who will examine every brick and bristle with the occasional NPC that gets stuck in a conversation loop. Frankly if the immense amount of content and imagination that Skyrim has to offer on the plus side does not make up for the rare problems, you probably won't be satisfied by a video game released this year.

I honestly think that Skyrim is the game to play in 2011 if you can only play one.
  43. Nov 17, 2011
    Skyrim stays in the wave of Oblivion.... and that makes a masterpiece that deserve his price. Graphics are good enough to be convice by the world . Some people says that textures aren't very beautiful for 2011 but for me the gameplay and the open word are more important in this kind of game, and these parts are a great success. You are free to do what you want....and that's the spirit !Skyrim stays in the wave of Oblivion.... and that makes a masterpiece that deserve his price. Graphics are good enough to be convice by the world . Some people says that textures aren't very beautiful for 2011 but for me the gameplay and the open word are more important in this kind of game, and these parts are a great success. You are free to do what you want....and that's the spirit ! It's a game with huge potential. I was just dissapointed about the interface at first but you get used to it. Expand
  44. Nov 18, 2011
    Hands down the greatest cRPG I have played since... Well, to be honest, the last Bethesda game. Unlike every other game they have put out, this game is STABLE! The most stable and (major) bug free game they have ever released. It is:
    Deep
    Immersive Fun Addictive Beautiful Is it perfect? No. For example, I would have preferred full DX11 support. But it is so good, I can easily
    Deep
    Immersive
    Fun
    Addictive
    Beautiful

Is it perfect? No. For example, I would have preferred full DX11 support. But it is so good, I can easily forgive the minor flaws. Buy this game.
    Love it.
    Live it.
  45. Nov 18, 2011
    This game three times and expands the content of Oblivion or fallout. Immense and sublime ambience, I think is the best buy of the year. I give a 10 :)
  46. Nov 18, 2011
    Game of the year. I've played over 50 hours now and am nearing the soft cap of level 50 yet I just keep coming back for more. I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of the game. There's just so much to do, it can feel daunting at times. The story is well done, not only the main line but many of the side quests have a life of their own. This beautifully rendered world pulls youGame of the year. I've played over 50 hours now and am nearing the soft cap of level 50 yet I just keep coming back for more. I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of the game. There's just so much to do, it can feel daunting at times. The story is well done, not only the main line but many of the side quests have a life of their own. This beautifully rendered world pulls you in and doesn't let go. This is the title you want to soak up and savor, never rush or skip a dialogue or you'll be doing yourself a disservice. I rated Skyrim a 9/10 because it is a blatant console port with an awful PC interface to show for it; -0.5 points. The character models are unattractive and the game's textures close up leave something to be desired; -0.5 points. Do not be fooled though, the game as a whole is beautiful and can give my gtx 580 a workout on ultra settings. Sometimes I just stop and take in the scenery. Amazing game. If you get one single player game this year, get Skyrim. Expand
  47. Nov 19, 2011
    Great open world goodness with at least 100 hours of gameplay. My only complaints are:
    - Terrible UI. Its a shame to release a game in 2011 with such a **** UI.
    - Bad companion AI. They always get in your way and block the doors, or rush into dozens of enemies and die. You have almost zero control over them.
    - Spiders. I hate them.
  48. Nov 19, 2011
    TES - is a world, which create a ethernal hope in our souls. Soundtrack, gameplay - all of this - perfecetally, devotion thing! All of fans of TES - this is our game.
  49. Nov 19, 2011
    Thus far I have found this too be a great game that lives up too, even goes beyond what I expect from the Elder Scrolls. It is still the #1 single player rpg series out there.
  50. Nov 19, 2011
    I've sunk about 35 hours into the game so far. I wanted to play it for quite awhile before I attempted a review so I could be at least somewhat accurate about my claims.

+ Insane amount of content. + Though dated, the graphics are still awesome. I just love the skies but everything is a little nicer. + Addictive and fun as all Elder Scrolls, maybe even moreso in some regards. - I've

+ Insane amount of content.
    + Addictive and fun as all Elder Scrolls, maybe even moreso in some regards.

- I've had 3 crashes, a few glitches that messed up saves and a couple of quests broke for unknown reasons in really strange ways.
    - Console port hurts a bit, traitors! There are some UI inefficiencies like you have to use a keyboard to press ESC but then click to select say quests. Also in alchemy you are forced to use the mouse a bit when you should be able to just press Enter as everything else uses the keyboard. Stuff like that.
    - In the end it's really just a modded oblivion.

Still, in the end I can't warrant anything less than a 9, as I've played this game more than most and it is still a truly magical experience in the end.
  51. Nov 19, 2011
    I only ever got to level 25 in Oblivion before I got bored, including the expansions. I've already far surpassed that and am still feeling as immersed as ever. It's absolutely stunning landscapes and diverse flora and fauna alone can leave you gasping in awe, wishing you could just stand there for hours and just watch. The quests are a colossal improvement on the last games; as well as theI only ever got to level 25 in Oblivion before I got bored, including the expansions. I've already far surpassed that and am still feeling as immersed as ever. It's absolutely stunning landscapes and diverse flora and fauna alone can leave you gasping in awe, wishing you could just stand there for hours and just watch. The quests are a colossal improvement on the last games; as well as the levelling up system; crafting; combat; main storyline; AI; just about everything. I have to say, having an open world with seemingly endless, different things to do popping up on a constant basis keeps you excited and enthralled. I could roll on for hours, what matters is that this is easily the best game I've ever played. My only complaint is how console-based the inventory is. 10/10, once they work out the bugs. Expand
  52. Dec 11, 2011
    It's exactly what you've some to expect from Bethesda, another amazing expansive and engaging world. Skyrim is a gorgeous game, with a Jeremy Soule soundtrack for the ages. The gameplay feels a bit more brutal and satisfying than it was in Oblivion and Morrowind, and the new skill trees let you truly craft a unique character. The only gripe I have with Skyrim is that the main questline isIt's exactly what you've some to expect from Bethesda, another amazing expansive and engaging world. Skyrim is a gorgeous game, with a Jeremy Soule soundtrack for the ages. The gameplay feels a bit more brutal and satisfying than it was in Oblivion and Morrowind, and the new skill trees let you truly craft a unique character. The only gripe I have with Skyrim is that the main questline is extremely short, well written and voiced, but short. It feels like it just gets going, and before you know it it's over. Luckily though the game offers you enough sidequests and places to explore that it keeps you pretty damn happy, which is something most games can't say if their main story falls a bit short. Expand
  53. Dec 11, 2011
    Firstly, I'm not going to lie and say this is the best game of all time, because it isn't. However, it is a bloody good one with its outstanding graphics and phenominal storyline. However it does have some of its issues like any other game.

I first was encouraged by friends to buy this game, even though I was some-what against the game by it's previous game which I have not been a massive fan of. However, I have to say that me buying this game was one of the best decisions I have made in quite a while. This game kept me entertained for a very long time and its phenominally high graphics just fuelled my lust for this game.

The game has some of the most advanced graphics I have seen throughout my 7 years of gaming experience, from its small scale detail to the massive mountains in the background, which is not just a picture but an actual place you can go without it changing detail ( If you get what I mean ). The fighting, whether it be from the melee or magic side is simply magical. The detail, the sound, the movement, the characters, all add a realness to it and thus, I shall be playing this game for a very long time revealing all of its advantages and secrets there is to offer...but even then I would only dent but a fraction of what this game has to offer.

You can choose different races, genders and types of characters with a wide range of choice, which is what I value in the game...choice. As you play through the game, every single decision you make will affect the game; by slaughtering a village to deciding which way you wish to go, it will have an impact on your gameplay, which therefore makes this game impossible to finish.

On the other hand, with this game you have to be careful what you do, like if you kill a woman 'Hildy' for example, in the first village you encounter she will not respawn...she is dead for good ( to my knowledge ). However, some may argue that this is to add realism and many value this as a good aspect of gaming.

Furthermore, the range of enemies you encounter is far more than the decisions you make! From giant spiders to enemies of all races, you can slay almost anyone - even your allies!

To tell you the truth, this game is almost faultless and you gain a real achievement from completing the game which takes you hours, if not weeks to complete. Unlike other games, you are guaranteed what you pay for with this game. A very enjoyable experience indeed.
  54. Dec 12, 2011
    A pretty solid game but I feel it was lacking somewhat when compared to Oblivion in a few respects, first of it seemed a lot less complex in regard to levelling, there were fewer skill trees with some of my favourites missing such as unarmed combat. This is probably due to Bethesda trying to market the game to a wider audience but it just feels a bit dumbed down. Otherwise the graphicsA pretty solid game but I feel it was lacking somewhat when compared to Oblivion in a few respects, first of it seemed a lot less complex in regard to levelling, there were fewer skill trees with some of my favourites missing such as unarmed combat. This is probably due to Bethesda trying to market the game to a wider audience but it just feels a bit dumbed down. Otherwise the graphics were a vast improvement and the horrible Bethesda face has finally been removed from speech. It has been made more accessible and streamlined and the world felt a lot bigger. There is a lot to do and find and the freedom is immense like every elder scrolls, I'm still eagerly awaiting the DLC. Expand
  55. Dec 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Truly, a joy to play. Skyrim has a lot of great points and bad points that just can't be ignored. The Great. At first, the leveling and skill tree changes kind of bothered me, but I grew to like the changes, it's a little bit more simplified over oblivion for the leveling, moving to just magicka/health/stamina but the skill trees give a lot of room for diversification. There is a ton to do, so much so, it's hard to know for sure if you've done everything in an area. I particularly like the choices that are presented in some of the quests, for example, when joining the brotherhood. I liked the addition of the shouts in the game, gave a lot of the casting abilities for those who choose not to be a mage. I thought it was a cool idea to move the stars from what you were born under to the stones and I loved how they got rid of the greater and lesser skills and can level everything equally. I loved the enchants, as overpowered as they are, there's still a certain joy in completely destroying your enemy with gear that you've made.

The Bad: Holy bugs batman... I've been running the game on a top of the line system and get game crashes about every 30min-1hr and get weird graphical gliches as well (which seem to go hand in hand most of the time). I had a companion quest bug out on me because I had cleared out the dungeon while exploring that they were gonna send me to and had to use console commands to fix it after waiting a month in game. Also had a similar story trying to get the house in windhelm, had to use console commands for that one too (who knew you couldn't do brotherhood quests first?). While I like the skill trees, It's doesn't take long to figure out that most of the skills in those trees are worthless (anyone else notice how light armor fully perked is completely worthless when held up against heavy armor fully perked?) and I was surprised and disappointed how many of the top tier perks fell into the worthless category. I was a bit bothered that mages can run around in heavy armor without any penalties, truly, it makes no sense why the mages at the college are all wearing cloth. Playing through on master difficulty is still too easy with the crafting skills as they are, especially enchanting, which can and does completely invalidate magicka altogether (sucks to find that out halfway into the game as a mage after power leveling your magicka). I REALLY wanted at least one item, just one, to be better than something I could make myself. (wth is the point of doing all those shrines if they're all gonna be worse than what you've got?)

All in all, I know it sounds like I didn't like the game, but after putting in over 240 hrs, I just can't say that I didn't love it. The reply value is high, the entertainment value is high, the story is riveting, I just ended up having to gimp myself and not use certain skills to make it harder. (Currently playing through only using thief stone skills +1hd on master)
  56. Dec 14, 2011
    I don't usually leave a review on a game, but in Skyrim's case it just has to be said. I've been gaming for nearly 27 years and RPGs are my favored type of genre. Skyrim takes everything that was incredible from Morrowind and the beauty and vastness of Oblivion and put's it together to create the most compelling and captivating game that i have ever played in all my days(seriously). NearlyI don't usually leave a review on a game, but in Skyrim's case it just has to be said. I've been gaming for nearly 27 years and RPGs are my favored type of genre. Skyrim takes everything that was incredible from Morrowind and the beauty and vastness of Oblivion and put's it together to create the most compelling and captivating game that i have ever played in all my days(seriously). Nearly 130 hrs later and i am still putting off the main quest as Skyrim take's me all over the land to the gorgeous city's then down into the ancient dwemer strongholds!. Theirs more content in this game that even an MMO would would have problems keeping up with. I do understand that some people will give it a low score, but due to content alone, Skyrim is well worth your money. if you play this game for even 10 hrs then that's more than you can squeeze from any other game made this year. my point is time/money with any game and in this case £39.99 is a frickin bargain ! One last point to make. The shear attention to detail this game delivers is awesome! If every company made their games with this much love and commitment like Bethesda has achieved then everybody on the planet would be Gamers by now. keep up the good work Beth, i take my slightly dented helmet off to you ;) Expand
  57. Dec 15, 2011
    Excellent and huge game. Sure its buggy, very very buggy, but given the size and scope the bugs aren't a big deal. I'm also hopeful that there'll be DLC for it, but even if there isn't there's more than enough content to keep you happy.
  58. Dec 19, 2011
    The game really great. It reminds of old times rpg'ów with a huge world and a large number of races, monsters, enemies, weapons, equipment. For this wonderful cool climate and as far as storyline and nice graphics. Very good game but not perfect by me and are annoying bugs in it that u are not really players can occur frequently (for example, you can see videos on youtube.) MyThe game really great. It reminds of old times rpg'ów with a huge world and a large number of races, monsters, enemies, weapons, equipment. For this wonderful cool climate and as far as storyline and nice graphics. Very good game but not perfect by me and are annoying bugs in it that u are not really players can occur frequently (for example, you can see videos on youtube.) My rating -8.5 / 10 Expand
  59. Dec 20, 2011
    Skyrim is more or less, ridiculously fun. It is well worth the $60 I pre-ordered it with, and is a vast improvement over ES4:Oblivion. Taking the graphics side by side, Skyrim most definitely has a thousand times better and more beautiful picture.
    Although the game started out with some pretty weird bugs and issues, they are meant to be fixed, like any other game's issues. I have yet to wait for the hi-res textures and the crash fixes; but aside from so, the game is amazing.
    I would rate this a 9.5 (minus 1 point for unfixed bugs), round up 10 due to the ugly faces that Bethesda has decided to have the elves succumb to (the 0.5 pts).
  60. Mar 4, 2012
    Bethesda has done an incredible job at recreating the elder scrolls, the Havok game engine creates the huge and extraordinary world of which is Skyrim. The endless Items and beautiful graphics and textures gives the game an extraordinary feel. Improvements to the game could be an MMO on the PC version and patches on some glitches within the game. Overall a Great story line and plenty ofBethesda has done an incredible job at recreating the elder scrolls, the Havok game engine creates the huge and extraordinary world of which is Skyrim. The endless Items and beautiful graphics and textures gives the game an extraordinary feel. Improvements to the game could be an MMO on the PC version and patches on some glitches within the game. Overall a Great story line and plenty of creatures to battle. I'm happy to see that the developers have kept the same game play as the Fallout series, yet tweaked it a little to fit the medieval theme... I hope the developers make a sequel to this brilliant series. Expand
  61. Mar 6, 2012
    Great videogame. Small dislikes but overall a true videogame experience. Sit back and let Bethesda make you feel rewarded for the money you spent on it.
  62. Mar 6, 2012
    The sheer scale of this game is overwhelming. The world is breath-taking and feels alive. My only complaint lies in a general lack of character development. But this game doesn't live and die purely on the quality of story telling like a Bioware game. The freedom to explore such a massive world with seemingly endless things to do is a welcome break from the railroading we get in nearlyThe sheer scale of this game is overwhelming. The world is breath-taking and feels alive. My only complaint lies in a general lack of character development. But this game doesn't live and die purely on the quality of story telling like a Bioware game. The freedom to explore such a massive world with seemingly endless things to do is a welcome break from the railroading we get in nearly every other title. Expand
  63. Mar 6, 2012
    Superb game. Huge world where you can do whatever you feel like. Great story and fun combat (could be a bit better here). Skills and the tie with leveling is pretty cool. This is one of those games where you start playing, look up thinking 20 minutes passed but 4 hours really did. Very immersive.
  64. Mar 7, 2012
    Yet another great installment of the Elder Scrolls series, Skyrim improves all the great things we loved about Oblivion but yet it doesn't come close to Morrowind in storytelling and narrative, the main quest is rather short but the side quests makes it up for it, they are quite detailed and sometimes more interesting than the main quest itself, exploration is one of the greatest thingYet another great installment of the Elder Scrolls series, Skyrim improves all the great things we loved about Oblivion but yet it doesn't come close to Morrowind in storytelling and narrative, the main quest is rather short but the side quests makes it up for it, they are quite detailed and sometimes more interesting than the main quest itself, exploration is one of the greatest thing about Skyrim, having breathtaking scenery and locations makes it one of the best looking game today without mentioning there are games with better textures and graphical details out there, the score is yet once again written by one of my favorites composers of all times Jeremy Soule, jumping to the gameplay section the combat is an improvement over oblivion, rpg elements are simplified but it has been added more depth with the perks, to end my review I have to say it's quite hard to find something wrong with Skyrim, Maybe the interface isn't really good at the PC platform but still... this is one game that benefits from community mods, if you're planning to buy this game don't stop to think it's worth every penny and you won't be disappointed. Expand
  65. Mar 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think when talking about Skyrim we need to temper expectations with the reality of the gaming industry today. Gone are the days where the ACTUAL goal of the industry was to make really good games. The purpose now is to make money, so if we happen to get a really great game along the way, we should take the opportunity with both hands and let the industry know that's what we like. I think we've missed an opportunity with Skyrim, but at the other end of the spectrum. Nowhere near enough effort was put into the PC version (if the choice were up to me, I'd shaft the console versions completely and develop future TES games SOLELY for PC), as is shown by the terrible menus. The SkyUI mod looks much better and as soon as I finish this review I'm installing it myself. The menus on the PC version wreak of console and as a PC gamer I am offended by the utter contempt shown towards me in the way the menu system was essentially ignored.

The combat mechanisms I can't really compare to any other TES because Skyrim is the first TES game I've played. What I can say is that if every blow dealt to, and by, the character was felt and had proper impacts then combat would just be annoying because as soon as you get hit, that's another second or two you're staggered and against more than one opponent it would simply infuriate most gamers, I suspect. As for people saying it's boring and bland...unless you want turn based strategic combat I think hack-and-slash is the best you're ever going to get.

The tech tree are a bit of a worry as well because there are some I would simply never use. The alchemy tree, for instance, has been utterly useless to me. As has the Speech tree. On the magic side of things I've only used the Destruction and Restoration trees, but the other magic trees (Conjuration and Illusion) aren't in my sphere of playing interest so I can't comment on them. But destruction is well fun and blowing stuff up with Fireball or wiping out waves of Skeletons with Ice Storm is rather enjoyable. But Pickpocket and Lockpicking just seem like a waste of time in terms of spending perks on them when lockpicking only requires patience and pickpocketing only has to be done ONCE as a mandatory part of any quest in the whole game (as far as I know). The combat-based trees are pretty good I think and most of the perks are quite useful (not triggering pressure plates is a godsend in long dungeon crawls). Smithing and Enchanting, however are a problem. They are by far the most boring and costly to level up because of the sheer amount of raw materials needed to get your smithing to a high level. And enchanting items even purely as a means of increasing your enchanting level is time consuming and tedious. They should've been rescaled to allow much faster leveling than what is currently in place.

The HUD (above and beyond the menu system) feels sluggish and slightly unresponsive to mouse movements ESPECIALLY in the menus and the world map. At times you can be just as prone to selecting the wrong fast travel destination as to selling the wrong weapon and finding yourself without your prized legendary-level Daedric bow.

The difficulty levels in Skyrim seem to matter less and less as your character's strength increases. Currently as I play through on Adept difficulty, I might as well be playing on easiest for all the difficulty Trolls and Dragons are in the face of my Destruction magic but in earlier levels it does make a real difference in terms of whether you land that extra, and final, blow or whether you yourself get taken down by a finishing blow.

As for the quests, I personally thoroughly enjoyed the main questline. I thought it was original, interesting, engaging and exciting, especially in some of the ruins. The main side-quests are also pretty good and were (and are) a lot of fun for me. The Dark Brotherhood and Thieves' Guild both return and equivalents of the Fighters' and Mages' Guilds also feature extended questlines. The complaints about most quests being "go here and kill this thing" or "go there and retrieve that thing" are unreasonable simply because it's not feasible to make a game where every side quest has a fleshed out plotline to it, especially in a game the size and scope of Skyrim. As for the lack of puzzles, I must admit that even I, a supreme fail at puzzle solving found so few puzzles to solve in this game that I was a little disappointed. Not only that, but all the puzzles were of the same type (more or less). On the topic of quests being linear, what else can they be? If they were totally open slather, giving free reign to players on finishing in whatever way they wanted, how would the game handle all the possible variables? I think linear dungeons is the ONLY way to make the game work.
  66. Mar 12, 2012
    Skyrim is a great game, whether you're enjoying the great story to go alongside the main quest line, doing original, non-repetitive side quests, or just exploring the vast and wonderful world of Bethesda's creation. Flaws are few and far between within this game, but not nonexistent. Travel can be rather tedious, longer trips taking a good few play sessions. For PC gamers, lag exists evenSkyrim is a great game, whether you're enjoying the great story to go alongside the main quest line, doing original, non-repetitive side quests, or just exploring the vast and wonderful world of Bethesda's creation. Flaws are few and far between within this game, but not nonexistent. Travel can be rather tedious, longer trips taking a good few play sessions. For PC gamers, lag exists even in the very lowest possible graphics settings. Now that the problems have been gotten through, I'll list off a few positive features; There is an extreme amount of things to do other than the main storyline. You can even get married. the multiple groups available to join have a vast amount of sidequests, followers, and more to play around with. All around, this is a great game. Expand
  67. Mar 12, 2012
    love the new interface, love the streamlined perks system, love the graphics, even love the combat mechanics, what i hate though is the plot, it doesnt feel focused enough, and all the sidequests are rather boring. also i wish you could form deep relationships in the game like in Dragon age origins, make u sorta feel more attached to the wonderfully huge and impressive world. overalllove the new interface, love the streamlined perks system, love the graphics, even love the combat mechanics, what i hate though is the plot, it doesnt feel focused enough, and all the sidequests are rather boring. also i wish you could form deep relationships in the game like in Dragon age origins, make u sorta feel more attached to the wonderfully huge and impressive world. overall though i loved it, got a good solid 30 hours out of it before boredom kicked in. Expand
  68. Mar 15, 2012
    After finishing most of the main story-lines, I quickly started to lose interest in the game as by that time there was no longer a goal to aspire to and the mechanics of Skyrim's open world were rather ill concealed. Feeling mildly disappointed, I then discovered that I had already played the game for a good 90 hours and quickly revised my opinion: it'd be rather odd to be disappointed byAfter finishing most of the main story-lines, I quickly started to lose interest in the game as by that time there was no longer a goal to aspire to and the mechanics of Skyrim's open world were rather ill concealed. Feeling mildly disappointed, I then discovered that I had already played the game for a good 90 hours and quickly revised my opinion: it'd be rather odd to be disappointed by 90 hours of fun for a â Expand
  69. Apr 26, 2012
    After i got this overhyped game, i had very high expectations. For me the graphics were very good, i was hoping the character i play to talk aswell and more choses in dialog´s. Story wise the game was letdown. General idea was awesome, but it took too long to get the general idea what is going on and side missions (Factions) gave cryptic ideals about their goals and how youAfter i got this overhyped game, i had very high expectations. For me the graphics were very good, i was hoping the character i play to talk aswell and more choses in dialog´s. Story wise the game was letdown. General idea was awesome, but it took too long to get the general idea what is going on and side missions (Factions) gave cryptic ideals about their goals and how you fit in em. Exploring the world and quick travels did make it simple, but you had feeling you are part of something huge. Sadly the main storyline was over pretty quickly and i lost interest doing side mission that led nowhere. Dragon fights were funny for a while, but then you are stuck just hoping the thing lands so you can keep going somewhere. Overall good game with awesome graphics (My standards). Expand
  70. Jun 11, 2012
    In my opinion, skyrim is among the most remarkable open world games of the decade. The game provides a huge amount of creative content carefully produced over more than 5 years, and is certainly worth buying. Every aspect of this massive world is tailored to near perfection, and from deep valleys, to yawning, subterranean caves, to the shear mountain peaks, the game looks magnificent. InIn my opinion, skyrim is among the most remarkable open world games of the decade. The game provides a huge amount of creative content carefully produced over more than 5 years, and is certainly worth buying. Every aspect of this massive world is tailored to near perfection, and from deep valleys, to yawning, subterranean caves, to the shear mountain peaks, the game looks magnificent. In a game this large, there are going to be glitches, perhaps more so during the PC experience, but skyrim is just as immersive as any of the other TES games, if not more so. Even after hundreds of hours of play, i still found more quests and options, better even then the one before it. Perhaps even more enchanting than the actual game play was the achingly beautiful soundtrack that accompanied the quests. This and other sounds of skyrim, voices a noises, added a level of realism here-for unattained. Though the main quest line grew tiresome after a while, and was over before you knew it, there were many others to take its place, like the thieves guild quests, the companions quests, and the dark brotherhood quests, all of which take turns that keep you guessing. For me, however, the best part was seeing my character develop, to a warrior, mage, or thief. the game interface was, at times, clunky. when trying to change weapons rapidly, exiting to the menu took me out of the experience in an annoying way, and the favorite menu wasn't much of a help. However, the leveling system was excellent, and continued to give the rewards that were necessary to keep my interest. Whats more, you didn't have to make all your big choices at the beginning of the game; you could actively decide your characters path through your own play style and preference. I discovered early on that spells were not my forte, so i focused instead on leveling my archery abilities, and just didn't use spells. Skyrim grants more freedom than almost any other game, and if you have the money, spend it on Skyrim, because it is more than worth it. I don't want to give it a perfect 10, because there were some stale bits and bugs occasionally did interrupt game play, consider it a 9.5! Thank you for reading, don't hate, and have a nice day. Expand
  71. Oct 13, 2012
    Skyrim in many ways is the best game ever made. You can always think of hundreds of ways to make it better and its got numerous bugs (including some game breaking ones); yet it still holds onto a 8.1 user score.
  72. Oct 29, 2012
    This game is absolutely stunning, it is by far the greatest RPG I have ever played and probably is the best out there today. This game isn't dumbed down for the console or for the modern gamer but it takes its roots from a true RPG, the world is giant and the amount of items and story this game has is ridiculous, there are thousands of caves and dungeons to be explored here, so many questsThis game is absolutely stunning, it is by far the greatest RPG I have ever played and probably is the best out there today. This game isn't dumbed down for the console or for the modern gamer but it takes its roots from a true RPG, the world is giant and the amount of items and story this game has is ridiculous, there are thousands of caves and dungeons to be explored here, so many quests to be accomplished, so many enemies to kill. The combat from previous games have been improved so much it made me feel like I was in true combat, every hit affects your enemy in a different way, staggers them or if their blocking you will staggered and fall back allowing you enemy to swing at you. The story is also more vast with 2 main quest lines to follow, one of them is for your Dragonborn roots, the other is for the freedom of Skyrim, these 2 story lines aren't the greatest but they are better than most on the market, but that doesn't even matter because it is everything else Skyrim is that does, the story is deep through the entire game, there are thousands of books you can read, different story lines that last for hours and give you more bite. The graphics also look fantastic, even without the HD texture pack, this game looks great throughout even though bad code early on did make this game quite laggy. With the addition of mods this game becomes the greatest there ever was for me. The quick travel is also another great addition but has been around for many years in the Elder Scrolls series, so it is nice not to have to run all over this huge map.
    Hats off to Bethesda, they have made a great game that all RPGs should be measured against.
  73. Oct 30, 2012
    Stunning visuals and an intense story make this one of the best TES games yet. There are many different NPC's with many different things to say, which even change as you progress in the story. In addition you have a wide variety of options in the storyline to make, and...well...it's just wonderful. A very immersible and enjoyable experience.

The one reason I withhold a 10, however, is

The one reason I withhold a 10, however, is because of the lack of diversity in the voices. It sounds like there are only three different voices for each race to have, but that's a fair trade-off for visuals and fluid gameplay, I suppose.
  74. Oct 31, 2012
    Skyrim is an amazing game and looks great. The story is just ok but all of the guilds are where the real story is. Magic looks much better in this game than Oblivion. It feels a lot more like your actions affect the game. Mods and the better graphics sways my decision to play this on PC more than Xbox. Overall this is a great game and a great continuation of the series.
  75. Nov 24, 2012
    Except the interface, rather adapted for console, the game is absolutely amazing. But don't worry, there is already a great addon to perfect it for PC (Bethesda is with the serie The Elders Scrolls, like Mojang is with Minecraft, very mind opened, allowing fans to design mods with a special API).
  76. Nov 25, 2012
    Absolutely amazing. This is the first game I have ever rated a 10 and it is justified. This game is everything you want and more. I am not even a fan of the whole fantasy genre but, having played Oblivion, I was completely sold once playing this game. First, the pure depth of the game is staggering. The map itself is massive and there are so many towns, caves, nooks and cranny's toAbsolutely amazing. This is the first game I have ever rated a 10 and it is justified. This game is everything you want and more. I am not even a fan of the whole fantasy genre but, having played Oblivion, I was completely sold once playing this game. First, the pure depth of the game is staggering. The map itself is massive and there are so many towns, caves, nooks and cranny's to enter it will take you forever to discover them all. My biggest complaint about Oblivion was the inventory interface and the combat and Bethesda addressed both of these issues in Skyrim. The inventory is much easier to use and the "favorites" option simplifies it even further. Combat is much improved, with blocking, striking and casting being much easier and more realistic.

EVERYONE should play this game. It is amazing and all of the mods out there make it even more enticing. The only reason I rated it a 9 and not 10 was because my ultimate game would be set in space, not Skyrim...I know that is stupid but I will never rate a 10 unless it is that. Star Citizen has potential though...
  77. Dec 10, 2012
    Bethesda did a great job on the Elder Scrolls V, Skyrim. It had a great story-line, awesome downloadable content, and a wide diversity of enemies to fight. This game blew me away.
  78. Kyo
    Dec 17, 2012
    Skyrim is a great game and my first of the elder scrolls series, but to me I feel like it was hyped more then it needed to be. My friends told me to get it that it was amazing, fun and just dumb not to own it. So I got it, at first I was very impressed but as I continued I found myself getting bored; after running into a dungeon for the millionth time it just lost my interest. I would findSkyrim is a great game and my first of the elder scrolls series, but to me I feel like it was hyped more then it needed to be. My friends told me to get it that it was amazing, fun and just dumb not to own it. So I got it, at first I was very impressed but as I continued I found myself getting bored; after running into a dungeon for the millionth time it just lost my interest. I would find myself just sitting there saying "Ill just finish this dungeon and go to bed" after forcing myself to pick it back up.

Other then that that game is fun for the most part, the scenery and size of the world is amazing, the music is just beautiful and exciting, tons of quests, you can explore for hours and find new things and places it is worth the money.

The combat is kind of lack luster it feels very clunky and awkward most of the time like when you try to slash at someone it doesn't feel like you hit them, yet the kill cams are pretty amazing if not funny at times. To me Skyrim is a great game that was over hyped by fans. I went in expecting to have so much fun and an exciting experience, but got an average one instead much like a fantastic disappointment that was enjoyable. I know that sounds like I hated it, but I did enjoy it, it's just not my favorite game.
  79. Dec 20, 2012
    Stunning, groundbreaking, amazing. Simply epic... Nothing more to say, Bethesda at its best.
    A 'must have' for all gamers. Few minor bugs and glitches prevent it from getting a straight 10/10. Strongly recommending it.
  80. Dec 24, 2012
    Amazing game. I have played nearly all of Bethesda's free roam games, all of them with mods and all of them good. Skyrim alone (without mods) is an amazing game, always something to do, huge amounts of quests, and Bethesda has made it Modder friendly by releasing the Creation Kit, so now easy to make mods, with Steam Workshop, easy to upload and download mods. Overall, a game worthAmazing game. I have played nearly all of Bethesda's free roam games, all of them with mods and all of them good. Skyrim alone (without mods) is an amazing game, always something to do, huge amounts of quests, and Bethesda has made it Modder friendly by releasing the Creation Kit, so now easy to make mods, with Steam Workshop, easy to upload and download mods. Overall, a game worth getting, a game worth playing. Expand
  81. Dec 27, 2012
    An excellent effort. Skyrim presents an interesting, beautiful world that's a joy to explore. This installment is a league above Oblivion, which I felt wasted its potential. The only drawback here, comes not from the game's design itself, but from the developer's need to placate console gamers which ultimately ultimately hinders any open world game. You have to wonder what an EDS game orAn excellent effort. Skyrim presents an interesting, beautiful world that's a joy to explore. This installment is a league above Oblivion, which I felt wasted its potential. The only drawback here, comes not from the game's design itself, but from the developer's need to placate console gamers which ultimately ultimately hinders any open world game. You have to wonder what an EDS game or Fallout game would look like if devs didn't have to cater to the aging technology found in consoles. Expand
  82. Dec 27, 2012
    Skyrim is probably the best game I've played to date. Allowing for almost endless hours of exploration, it caters to the explorer in everyone. The storyline? Well, for everyone who complains about it, I counter that there isn't just the one storyline. Sure, the main questline isn't perfect, but it's very well done. As for the other questlines, they will keep you busy for many hours pastSkyrim is probably the best game I've played to date. Allowing for almost endless hours of exploration, it caters to the explorer in everyone. The storyline? Well, for everyone who complains about it, I counter that there isn't just the one storyline. Sure, the main questline isn't perfect, but it's very well done. As for the other questlines, they will keep you busy for many hours past when you finish the main one, even if it's not the first one you complete.

The graphics are definitely dated by PC standards (though the easily pleased console gamers will think it looks amazing). By now, however, the myriad mods available through either the Steam Workshop or the Skyrim Nexus will make the game look almost as good as many of the DX11 games out there.

Everything is so thoroughly completed that it achieves what few games do: genuine immersion. Definitely check it out!
  83. Dec 29, 2012
    Skyrim, I love this game. I only wish my computer would be able to run this on high settings so it isn't laggy, but I'm not lowering my score because I can't play on good settings. The quest, the atmosphere, the people.. everything is great I have nothing bad to say about this game I haven't even come across a bug yet. There is defiantly more than enough places to explore I don't evenSkyrim, I love this game. I only wish my computer would be able to run this on high settings so it isn't laggy, but I'm not lowering my score because I can't play on good settings. The quest, the atmosphere, the people.. everything is great I have nothing bad to say about this game I haven't even come across a bug yet. There is defiantly more than enough places to explore I don't even think I explored half of them, seriously. Mods also make this game better, even though there isn't much more to add to make it better! Expand
  84. Dec 30, 2012
    This truly is a masterpiece, one of the greatest games in existence! Wonderful atmosphere!
    If you´re at all into RPG's you need to play and experience this.
  85. Jan 1, 2013
    This is honestly the most epic game I've ever played. I went into this without having ever played an Elder Scrolls game, or even any 3D RPG outside WoW. Needless to say, I was more than impressed by its graphics, gameplay, character customization, and the fact that, true to their advertisements, what you do in the game actually does have an impact on the storyline. Like most people, IThis is honestly the most epic game I've ever played. I went into this without having ever played an Elder Scrolls game, or even any 3D RPG outside WoW. Needless to say, I was more than impressed by its graphics, gameplay, character customization, and the fact that, true to their advertisements, what you do in the game actually does have an impact on the storyline. Like most people, I dislike the weight limit thing, but you can easily get around that but making your companion pick up everything (when done this way rather than through trading, they have an unlimited storage capacity). The only other thing that really kind of bothered me was the way enemies level up when you do. I know this is to keep the game challenging, but it also means you can't really experiment. For example, if you increase your one-handed weapon, archery, and magic skills by 10 each, the enemies will level up as if you had specialized in one skill and had gotten it up by 30. Being balanced in this game is a disadvantage, so if you're reading this and haven't played yet, pick a class that offers high bonuses in one area (I went with a dark elf because they have a good balance between melee and magic, but I now sincerely wish I'd gone with either Nord (melee) or High Elf (magic)). I personally have never used crafting or blacksmithing to enhance or make weapons, although I hear it's a pain to level that up. I've also only experience a few bugs, only one that was major (a quest where a guy was supposed to follow you, but wouldn't, so every 10 seconds you had to talk to him so he'd start following you again) but in a game of this magnitude, I'd take a whole nest of bugs if it meant playing this game. Overall, 9/10, though that's just because I've never found a perfect game. This, however is indeed the best I've played. Expand
  86. Jan 5, 2013
    Best game That i have ever played. Perfect graphics, AI, Realism and very detailed items. I recommend to purchase also DLC Hearthfire and Dawnguard. With hearthfire you will be able to build a house and adopt a child. You will have minecraft-like skyrim.
  87. Jan 12, 2013
    I agree. i have played all editions of this series and loved every minute of them.Oblivion,Morrowwind and now i am partway thru Skyrim. Skyrim has better graphics and characters in the world of Skyrim . I would recommend this game on all platforms,PC,XBox Buy an enjoy.
  88. Jan 19, 2013
    The game is not perfect, by any means. Glitches and bugs exist all over the longer you play it. However, the graphical design of the game is amazing, especially in HD. The game play mechanics have improved greatly over it's predecessor, and the quests seem to be more engaging. That's enough to invest more than 200 hours sitting and playing on your sofa.
  89. Jan 20, 2013
    TES V : skyrim is the most beautiful game I played for a long time.
    it's really a game that has a history and that we never get tired of playing. for me it really deserves the maximum mark
  90. Jan 26, 2013
    Why a 10? Clearly the game has faults (starting with the awkward animation, the even more awkward UI, and a fair share of bugs). Yet all of these are quickly forgotten. Even though I play lots of other games, Skyrim keeps pulling me back in. I think it is because I can do whatever I want. I am not chained to the path the developers arranged. I can make any kind of character, and doWhy a 10? Clearly the game has faults (starting with the awkward animation, the even more awkward UI, and a fair share of bugs). Yet all of these are quickly forgotten. Even though I play lots of other games, Skyrim keeps pulling me back in. I think it is because I can do whatever I want. I am not chained to the path the developers arranged. I can make any kind of character, and do anything at all with it. This is so refreshing and liberating, that Skyrim stands like a giant amongst hordes of others games that might have better graphics or features, but keep us in a box. Skyrim is what Dragonage should have been. Now let us see if Elder Scrolls Online can bring this same magic. Expand
  91. Jan 28, 2013
    Exploring, crafting and challenging: These are the words i use to describe Skyrim. Last game of TES series; Skyrim, despite doesn't have an epic beginning it has incredibly long and exciting mid-game. About the end; well, literally it doesn't have an end! Above all, Skyrim has several main stories, not only one, besides optional missions. Maybe that's the best part of it. Because,Exploring, crafting and challenging: These are the words i use to describe Skyrim. Last game of TES series; Skyrim, despite doesn't have an epic beginning it has incredibly long and exciting mid-game. About the end; well, literally it doesn't have an end! Above all, Skyrim has several main stories, not only one, besides optional missions. Maybe that's the best part of it. Because, seriously how long do you play a video game? 5 hours? 10 hours? 20 hours? Mostly 40 hours? I have played Skyrim over 200 hours and with new mods coming out day by day, it never becomes boring. Yes! Mods are the second good part of it. With the mods, all atmosphere becomes real, almost comes alive. What makes a game perfect is only the players. And how much you are a good gamer, that much Skyrim is good. If you complain about Skyrim, no offence but you are a bad, impatient and obsessed gamer. If you don't know about the mods, you better learn them immediately. Because with them, a masterpiece of Bethesda, turns out masterpiece of yours. Probably that's what Bethesda wish: Give the chance to players for showing their imaginations. So, if you do have some imagination, you should definitely try Skyrim even though you didn't play previous TES games. Expand
  92. Feb 14, 2013
    Yes, Skyrim has some little contra points like the Console like Inventory and a little bug here and there. But the World of Skyrim will blow your mind away. Countless Dungeons, Keeps and other Stuff to explore. The World is huge, so big you will have to spend 200h+ to explore every location. The Charme and Style of Skyrim creates the best Sandboxgame out there. Gameplayfun is unreached toYes, Skyrim has some little contra points like the Console like Inventory and a little bug here and there. But the World of Skyrim will blow your mind away. Countless Dungeons, Keeps and other Stuff to explore. The World is huge, so big you will have to spend 200h+ to explore every location. The Charme and Style of Skyrim creates the best Sandboxgame out there. Gameplayfun is unreached to this day Thats why i gave a 10. Thank´s Bethesda.
    P.S: Go FO4!!
  93. Feb 16, 2013
    good overall game but your player is a nobody throughout game a thane of all holds but no gratitude for saving world twice if your dragon blood shouldn't you have a new emperor quest. Post civil war there is no moot to name high king, plot holes everywhere dlc not so good should have been in original skyrim except for dragonborn so dragonborn should be the first dlc.
  94. Feb 18, 2013
    Skyrim is the kind of game that makes me totally proud of being a PC gamer. This has got to be one of the greatest games ever. When I was in highschool, Morrowind led to many near-failed grades. Regretful but it was damn worth it! When I was in college, Oblivion led to so many failed grades! Terrible loss and my parents disowned me, but HELL IT WAS WORTH IT! Now I am a working man, ISkyrim is the kind of game that makes me totally proud of being a PC gamer. This has got to be one of the greatest games ever. When I was in highschool, Morrowind led to many near-failed grades. Regretful but it was damn worth it! When I was in college, Oblivion led to so many failed grades! Terrible loss and my parents disowned me, but HELL IT WAS WORTH IT! Now I am a working man, I didn't lose my job because of Skyrim but if I did, IT WOULD STILL BE WORTH IT! Get this game now and you will be reborn! Expand
  95. Mar 22, 2013
    Skyrim would have been a 10/10 but it was pretty buggy on release (though most of those have been cleaned up by this point). This is one of the best games on any platform of all time.
  96. Mar 23, 2013
    this is an medieval, adventure, Explorer, with All the RPG elements possible. a big nice world with a nice map design a lot of gameplay and exploration. i must say the Graphics are amazing and i would have rated it 10 if it wasnt beacause of all the bugs that makes you rage sometimes but still a price potential game i would suggest it to every RPG player and FPS lover you will love it.
  97. Dec 20, 2015
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  98. Jun 2, 2013
    Best game ever,Bethesda once again did a wonderful job.I have 150 hours in it and still haven't completed all quest or discovered all places BEST GAME OF ALL TIME GOOD JOB BETHESDA FOR THE BEST RPG OF ALL TIME.
  99. Jul 3, 2013
    my complaints are that absolutely broken stealth system and the face that it is too easy to get rich quick in the end I merely adjusted my gameplay and purposely made it financially harder for my self). The "Epic" battles are pitifully small, and the plots are rather short, other than that the game is pretty good, with solid gameplay and an immersive atmosphere that makes it easy to getmy complaints are that absolutely broken stealth system and the face that it is too easy to get rich quick in the end I merely adjusted my gameplay and purposely made it financially harder for my self). The "Epic" battles are pitifully small, and the plots are rather short, other than that the game is pretty good, with solid gameplay and an immersive atmosphere that makes it easy to get into. It gave me many hours of enjoyment. Expand

1. Feb 29, 2012
  2. Feb 14, 2012
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012