8.2

1. Nov 15, 2011
    Yes, there are some serious issues with this game on PC. Quite obviously, the new take on controls was created with primarily (console) gamepads in mind, not the classic PC keyboard & mouse combo. In the first 40 hours of gameplay, the game crashed three times and glitched out on me two times - but, compared to, say, Fallout 3, that means there was obviously some sweat and tears andYes, there are some serious issues with this game on PC. Quite obviously, the new take on controls was created with primarily (console) gamepads in mind, not the classic PC keyboard & mouse combo. In the first 40 hours of gameplay, the game crashed three times and glitched out on me two times - but, compared to, say, Fallout 3, that means there was obviously some sweat and tears and brainmatter involved in updating the engine and bring it to modern times, I'd say they've done a great job. Seeing as graphics cards meanwhile feature five to ten times as much video memory on average and systems (not just dedicated gaming rigs) are generally much more capable than 2006, when the predecessor Oblivion was released, I have to say I am amazed at how well this game scales to different sets of hardware. Sure, the console roots show, and some bits of the controls just feel clunky, unwieldy and not too clever, but since this is the first real RPG offering in quite a while (Dragon Age 2 wasn't really a keeper, or even a proper RPG, mind you), I was eagerly looking forward to get my hands on this one. I personally think that the PC version looks and feels best, and the levelling system, which at first seemed to be pretty confusing, random and annoying started looking rather beautiful and well thought out at around level 30. While I intended to visit the world of Skyrim as a rogue, my player character has turned out to be a sneaking, lock-picking, dual-wielding master of destruction and conjuration, and while I never liked the ocd-grade professions in World of Warcraft, being able to create and improve equipment actually feels good in Skyrim. I still hope there will be a comeback, a modern incarnation of the "classic" fantasy role-playing game, but Skyrim is a neat and wonderful trip. At times, the limitations of the engine do show, but compared to the many, many hours of exploring, sneaking, battling, setting things and creatures on fire and trapping their souls for later use, I would say Skyrim is a remarkable title and a job well done. Yes, after having watched some amazingly perplexing online video footage of people playing the game, I can imagine that Skyrim is, to a significant extent a very individual if not downright unique journey, but for the veteran role-playing gamer who does not like World of Warcraft and despises Dragon Age 2 and given time and understanding spouses, this should be considered a must-buy, must-have, must-play. Expand
  2. Nov 16, 2011
    When Fallout 3 came out it was called by some 'the biggest mod for Oblivion'. It turns out the fifth Elder Scrolls release may as well be called 'the biggest mod for Fallout'. Bethesda have mixed what had proved so tremendously gripping in TES4 with some novelty concepts from their experiences with the Fallout franchise into... well, in my humble opinion NOT the game of the year. It cannotWhen Fallout 3 came out it was called by some 'the biggest mod for Oblivion'. It turns out the fifth Elder Scrolls release may as well be called 'the biggest mod for Fallout'. Bethesda have mixed what had proved so tremendously gripping in TES4 with some novelty concepts from their experiences with the Fallout franchise into... well, in my humble opinion NOT the game of the year. It cannot be denied that the freedom of choice and the sandbox-like, fully interactive environment are the best features the game has to offer.. The place for a third digit in the 'hours spent' count is there for a reason. The non-scripted dragon fights are also light years ahead of, for example, Bioware's DA series. The way one can interact with the humongous world is a treat in itself, what with all the crafting, alchemy, cooking, prospecting or even woodcutting. What I do not like about Skyrim, however, is that it's in no way as revolutionary as Oblivion was back in 2006. The solutions offered by the supposedly new Creation engine are one disappointing feature. Even with the settings maxed out (all the way, far beyond 'Ultra'), I keep asking myself why I bought a new rig earlier this year. If individual screenshots might capture some true eye-candies, the overall experience is that of... running around Capital Wasteland during wintertime. Working on the quality of TPP animations does not exactly mean improving the feel of combat, which apart from dual-wielding/casting does not appear in any way different than in Oblivion. It feels static, rolls or dodges are virtually not-existent. One change long awaited by the fans was going to involve the NPC faces. Those have improved since TESIV, however, regretful I am to say this, a DA2 character would run away in horror on seeing just any face from Skyrim (not to mention Triss Merigold who would probably kick the bucket on the spot). Before the release, Bethesda reps would also boast about how the voice acting had changed since Oblivion. This is only partially true. The lines used by merchants, trainers, or other characters you have to interact with at least every couple of hours, are surprisingly few, which makes the interaction repetitive and automatic. Since Skyrim is meant to be played for 100+ hours, it does not seem justified to place so much emphasis on the quality of spoken interactions in the main story line, while at the same time leaving the rest of the dialogues so much less appealing. Music is the feature which rarely can be find disappointing about Bethesda games and nothing seems to have changed in this aspect. All in all, the Skyrim development team seem to have decided on a safe approach. Almost nothing feels dumbed down, there are very few activities and quests in the whole game that do not feel entertaining. Still, the five-year gap between the two most recent ES games was apparently too short for Bethesda to make a leap into a new quality of gaming. Expand
  3. Feb 14, 2012
    If you loved Oblivion you will love this game. It is what I expected when I heard about it being developed. With the recent release of the creation kit it can only get better, as it did with Oblivion. This game offers many unique paths you can take and many different ways down those paths. As with Bethesda tradition there are a variety of game-breaking exploits via tradeskills and were aIf you loved Oblivion you will love this game. It is what I expected when I heard about it being developed. With the recent release of the creation kit it can only get better, as it did with Oblivion. This game offers many unique paths you can take and many different ways down those paths. As with Bethesda tradition there are a variety of game-breaking exploits via tradeskills and were a lot of bugs upon release. The console commands could help you bypass the bugs to continue on your way but should that really be the way around them? Exploring off the trail is very rewarding and very exciting, quests are actually meaningful and generally not the usual "collect 10 wolf flanks," "kill 5 mudcrabs," or "pick up my dry cleaning and get me some coffee" that RPG's seem to love these days. There are many ways to improve this game, and they gave us the tools to do it as well. Any open-world RPG fan would be nuts to pass this over. Expand
  4. Apr 26, 2015
    With the Elder Scrolls series becoming more streamlined it got more shallow with the focus on questing and less about exploring and immersing yourself into the gaming world.
    Combined with mediocre writing and loaded with bugs the series had one redeeming quality that made it a great game well deserving of the praise it got.
    The modding community. With the community torn apart the
    The modding community.
    With the community torn apart the lifespan of this product will be way shorter than it's predecessors Morrowind and Oblivion to which you can still add freshly made content up to this day.
  5. Nov 12, 2011
    Well, there goes my life for the next few months. Skyrim has taken the good elements of the Elder Scrolls series and refined it, removing the bad or unnecessary parts. This game is the pinnacle of what a game can be, simply by working hard and releasing a good product. Menus are streamlined, with the extra, non-essential information being separated from the important elements.

The world

The world is beautiful, and is an excellent merge of real world fauna and fictional creatures to make it quite immersive. It is quite easy to lose yourself in this game, regardless of previous RPG experience. It is also quite obvious that Bethesda learned from their experience with the Fallout franchise to add and change some things. No longer will over-encumbrance be as much a burden on the enterprising adventurer, as the Fallout system was implemented. Sprinting is also a welcome addition; a good tangent from walking to riding a horse.

All in all, this is the best Bethesda game to date. I fear for the future of the company, because I highly doubt they'll be able to top this anytime soon. 10/10
  6. Nov 13, 2011
    I simply wanted to address and issue on some of the bad reviews I've seen before I go back to play Skyrim, so here goes...

If played on the Console or anything Lower than Ultra Detail I think it's unfair to judge Skyrim on graphics. The graphics are amazing, I mean a-m-a-z-i-n-g. It's something you can only experience if you have the hardware to run it and the screen in front of you. When bits a pieces are taken away from the layers of details that Bethesda has created, the graphics will decline rapidly. I also don't think Hardware cost should be included in the rating for a 60 dollar game to be run on max details. It's a next generation game, that uses next generation equipment with the option to dock down the layers of detail to be playable on older hardware. It simply looks better on Ultra at 35FPS+ with everything cranked up, it drives me nuts to see some of these reviews saying the graphics are horrid. You can't judge a book by it's cover while looking through broken glasses underwater. The recommended graphics for the game are for Normal to High - not Ultra with x8 Antialiasing, Anisotropic x16 and FXAA. Hit the Ultra Button, go to the second page and hit FXAA then run the game. If it runs at 5-15 FPS or less then your hardware is not up to par for a final review of Skyrims Graphics. I just wanted to address this issue that keeps showing up in some of the low reviews so don't let those complaints turn you away from the game. Skyrim turned into my new favorite game of all time and I'll admit a full review would end up being overly bias - so I'm happy I could at least address this issue which is indeed a proven fact. Computer Graphics>Current Console Graphics and Ultra >High>Medium>Low. I also gave it a 9 and not a 10 simply because there are a few small bugs in the game - nothing big but it would be unfair to give a 10 which is a perfect score. A few dead bodies are left standing up here and there and an a mammoth once jumped 100 feet in the air when it phased in. Either way, like many of you I probably just gave up a year of my life for this game...enjoy.
  7. Nov 13, 2011
    Wonderful graphic, great soundtrack, amazing gameplay. Plus, the story is an epic Viking-style saga. If you have played and loved Oblibion in the past, this game is a must. It has few flaws, and maybe 10 it's not an accurate score, but I saw too many haters with theirs 0, and I feel the duty to counterbalance them.
  8. Nov 15, 2011
    This is my first Elder Scrolls game that I've actually enjoyed. To be honest, its the first one I've truly played and not quit after the first hour. You won't like this game if you are looking for action only. This is not an FPS, this is not an RTS. This is a game where the interactions and story outweigh the weapons, armor, and fighting tactics. Making the choice that you think is rightThis is my first Elder Scrolls game that I've actually enjoyed. To be honest, its the first one I've truly played and not quit after the first hour. You won't like this game if you are looking for action only. This is not an FPS, this is not an RTS. This is a game where the interactions and story outweigh the weapons, armor, and fighting tactics. Making the choice that you think is right in a situation is more important than what weapon you choose to fight with. If you don't like that, don't come crying on here saying "its boring, nothing to do" "Where do I go? There's no direction!" The point of this game is to literally "become" your character, in a sense where your reactions to other people in the game mirror your own reactions to the same situations in real life. This is done superbly, flawlessly, and impressively.

The graphics are impressive, and not *as* high quality as say, BF3, but given the size of the world, I think they are phenomenal. If you are really not having the same expereince, if your computer can handle it, turn on the Antisoptric Filtering and Anti-Aliasing. It will make the textures and world really pop and come to life. The weather effects and fog are so amazing, they really breathe life into this game. IMHO, its the shining achievement of this game. It brings to the table what most games lack and what makes them feel like you are staring at a screen holding your mouse instead of actually being in the game fully.

The quests as always are great, and I love the system of genuinely discovering a new place without direction, where you can run into anything and anyone.

The AI interactions without user interference are very immersive, you can literally stand around in a pub while AI have 5 minute long conversations about things, walking around drinking, eating, cooking etc. I could go on and on about the features and achievements that this game has accomplished, but what I really have to say is that it IS a complete experience. Take it as a "slice of life" from a distant land, where you are set in someone shoes and must decide what to do going forward from where you begin. Many of those saying its just like an offline MMORPG and that its bad for this or bad for that have lost focus of what this game is about. Its about making CONSTANT decisions, truly simulating being someone else in a different situation. All the NPCs are vastly different, all of them are truly unique. Its true, there will probably be a great amount of bad reviews from old and new players alike, either they got tired of the series and forgot the point of it or have grown out of it, or a newcomer doesn't really like the genre and wishes it was different.

Point: Take your own opinion of it. Don't let others decide what you like and don't like. This game can be great or it can be terrible in your eyes, depending on what you think you should be getting out of the experience and if you are OK with that.
  9. Nov 15, 2011
    The new addition to the The Elder Scrolls saga continues strong in Skyrim. Much of what makes the Elder Scrolls games what they are remains intact while enough innovation is included to assure you this is a growing series.

The graphics for the first few areas may not seem like much of an improvement but the visually stunning vistas of the cloud-covered mountains and the snow billowing off the ice caps to the north truly waylays any ideas of out-dated graphics. While the voice acting does feel stilted and clunky at times the fact that NPC's do recognize more of your actions helps create a more believable world that in previous installments.

The combat is more fleshed out this time around with the ability to actively block and shield bash if you're using heavy armor, or make the decision to wield multiple spell types at the same time as a caster via dual-casting abilities. While there are still balancing issues there are enough advancements here to keep you interested without much of the fatigue associated with repeated visits to dungeons in a single play session as found with Oblivion.

This game is not without glaring flaws however. It seems the game was designed with a controller in mind. Keyboard and mouse is fine for combat and exploration but clicking items in your inventory or selecting dialogue options has often followed at best with a frustrated sigh and at worse with a cry of outrage as I accidentally select the wrong option and sent a companion back to town or angering a guard without meaning to.

You have to be so precise with the mouse pointer that when at a vendor if you click slightly off the screen it closes the window and you have to reselect the vendor option. And while none of this is game-breaking I find myself avoiding interaction with other players due to the exasperation it can cause.

All negativity aside though, this is a game that offers hundreds of hours of content with fresh vistas everywhere you go. The dungeons are more adequately designed and combat is a blast. If you like fantasy adventure and didn't get enough from Dark Souls this is one game to pick up.
  10. Nov 17, 2011
    10 out of 10 awesome combat great graphics and fun storyline, i never had any problems with any of the graphics, glitches or anything really, also for those of you who got frustrated in the install don't write a review because you did not PLAY the game. There are many interesting things in this game and i especially enjoy reading the books which make the game feel fleshed out and fully10 out of 10 awesome combat great graphics and fun storyline, i never had any problems with any of the graphics, glitches or anything really, also for those of you who got frustrated in the install don't write a review because you did not PLAY the game. There are many interesting things in this game and i especially enjoy reading the books which make the game feel fleshed out and fully realized. Yes there are some minor bugs but given the size and the quality of the graphics they are to be expected.
    Suck it haters and get a computer from this generation
  11. Nov 17, 2011
    I feel I must first make a statement about the negative reviews. It mostly looks like it comes from people with PC's that aren't at least as powerful as the consoles they try to compare to. How do you expect a game to perform to the same standards on lower-end hardware? If you have a PC that is at least as powerful or more powerful than the PS3 or 360 then you have nothing to worryI feel I must first make a statement about the negative reviews. It mostly looks like it comes from people with PC's that aren't at least as powerful as the consoles they try to compare to. How do you expect a game to perform to the same standards on lower-end hardware? If you have a PC that is at least as powerful or more powerful than the PS3 or 360 then you have nothing to worry about as far as graphical quality.

------My positive observations------

Storyline: The depth that Bethesda has given to the lore in this game is astonishing; like nothing I've ever played. The NPC's speak to you differently depending on the actions you take with the main storyline and in the town, you can choose to join or destroy various factions, choose to reclaim Skyrim from the Empire or help the Empire complete it's route of the Stormcloaks, (avoiding spoilers is hard so I'll leave out a few more things I wanted to add). If you're planning on running through this game as fast as you can or aren't interested in exploring and listening to what the NPC's have to say, you WILL NOT enjoy this game to it's potential. Gameplay: I chose to specialize as a Mage for my first playthrough (I think I'm only about halfway through after 40-50 hours) and even within that focus there are specific schools of spells you can improve over others. The spellcasting feels very well balanced and effective without being too OP or too weak while giving you a feeling of progression when you acquire the more sophisticated spellcasting armor. The Interface is a little annoying on occasion when the mouse is too close to the options when you're navigating with w,a,s,d but it's effective while being minimal and non-intrusive; very well designed.

Graphics: Even with my now-out-of-date nVidia GTX260 this world looks stunning with the high resolution textures and attention to detail in nearly every aspect. The aurora in the sky at night, the interaction between wildlife (I saved a fox from getting eaten by a couple of wolves), the realistic geometry of the natural stones and stonework, the level of detail in the flora... We're still a decade or so away from micro-realism, but this is the closest I've felt to being in a real world in any game.

Failings: As previously mentioned, the minor annoyance of having the mouse highlight options causes the selection to be un-centered which can get annoying if you navigate with w,a,s,d. An option to turn off mouse navigation would be preferred. On occasion when you alt-tab out of Skyrim and then back to Skyrim, it may crash to the desktop; the only thing that makes this less annoying are the very frequent autosaves that minimize lost progress, but it still hinders the fluidity of the gameplay. The only other thing I've noticed is that NPC's will have situational issues that cause them to be facing the wrong way or stand in the wrong spot during a scene.
  12. Nov 18, 2011
    only about halfway done (i'm guessing) but so far the game is awesome. metacritic user scores are usually more indicative of the quality of a game, and this time (i believe) both critics and users have reached a consensus. the open world is gorgeous... especially the northern lights, characters look good enough (much better than long-faced ugs in previous elder scrolls), movement andonly about halfway done (i'm guessing) but so far the game is awesome. metacritic user scores are usually more indicative of the quality of a game, and this time (i believe) both critics and users have reached a consensus. the open world is gorgeous... especially the northern lights, characters look good enough (much better than long-faced ugs in previous elder scrolls), movement and physics are good, attention to detail is huge. the game's just really engrossing and sucks you in every time. load times are almost non-existent and the interface seems really polished and well thought out. bethesda got it right. you really get a sense that everyone on their team was at their best and cared about the final product.
    truly epic.
    i almost forgot... epic soundtrack as well.
  13. Nov 18, 2011
    Seems that Bethesda has learned from the past especially with Oblivion and Morrowind. The game itself takes good points from both, removes the rather broken leveling system from Oblivion, and fixes the story. Adding the scale and scope from morrowind, and leaving you to do your own thing. Before I had started the main quest, I'd already picked up 10 other main quests and had nearly 30Seems that Bethesda has learned from the past especially with Oblivion and Morrowind. The game itself takes good points from both, removes the rather broken leveling system from Oblivion, and fixes the story. Adding the scale and scope from morrowind, and leaving you to do your own thing. Before I had started the main quest, I'd already picked up 10 other main quests and had nearly 30 misc quests in my log simply from meeting and exploring. Graphics on it's own, are breathtaking. The combat system has been changed, some may like it, others may hate it. That doesn't mean there aren't flaws. Some textures are low res, blood, overlays for snow, there's a few problems with FXAA, quest failures because it can't find voice files(rare), but can be fixed by extracting the BSA. The AI is smarter than in previous games, but will still do silly things. Like keep a ward up for a long period if you charge a spell. There are some curious bugs, like CTD's if you're using a higher sound output than 24bit@41k, and some people report TDR problems with nvidia cards. On ultra high, performance wise on a 965x4 w/evga 560, is very good. Lots of light sources can cause it to choke, so can shadows. Though the difference between high and ultra shadows is minimal. The UI is very consolish, hopefully some folks like DaRN will fix that soon. If I could give partial points I would. The game is more of an 8.2-8.75 than a 9.

As it stands now I have nearly 60 hours in gameplay, and am still enjoying it.
  14. Nov 19, 2011
    This is my first "The Elder Scrolls" game and I only heard about it not long ago and decided I'd try it out. The graphics look pretty interesting and sort of "shiny" but right away I noticed that there's a lot of fog and you can't really see your enemy from far away,they just spawn close.The game is very good and interesting but I don't like that it promotes using your keys or a controllerThis is my first "The Elder Scrolls" game and I only heard about it not long ago and decided I'd try it out. The graphics look pretty interesting and sort of "shiny" but right away I noticed that there's a lot of fog and you can't really see your enemy from far away,they just spawn close.The game is very good and interesting but I don't like that it promotes using your keys or a controller over a mouse, it's supposed to be a PC game! I would give this game a 9 but I do think it is a little overrated , for the PC at least... Expand
  15. Nov 20, 2011
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a refreshing and welcome new title to the current rather bland western RPG genre.

The combat system is extremely innovative and feels action packed without taking away too much of the strategic depth in classical RPGs with countless combinations one can use, made even more diverse by the ability to favourite certain weapons for easy access. The only

The only criticism I have is the lack of hot keying items for the PC version which was featured in Fallout 3 and New Vegas to make weapon changing seamless. Pausing in the middle of an intense fight to heal, or change spells greatly reduced the immersiveness of the game.

Quests are wonderful and help you to build a character the way you want to by finding incredible loot, reducing the amount of grinding your character needs to do to be a dragon slaying powerhouse.

All in all, a great game and comes highly recommend. Best game of 2011 for me so far.
  16. Nov 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Everyone knew Oblivion was the best RPG from 2006 - 2011, and then came skyrim. Skyrim has to be one of the best games ever, as It ticks all the different boxes e.g. Can you dual weild? Yes, Can you weild two spells at once and create a more powerful spell by combining them? Yes. Can you run? YES! (and when I say run I dont mean like oblivions version of running). If you thought oblivions graphics were pretty good skyrim is a whole new story! (unless your playing on xbox or ps3 then "from what ive heard" the graphics have been severely nerfed). there are many different things to do on skyrim which differ from oblivion e.g. You can now Mine, cut wood and cook food. you can also now enchant and disenchant items, smith new weapons and armour. For alchemy you dont need to carry around the novice alembic and pestle and morter to do alchemy, you only need to go to an alchemy table which can be found in quite a few places to create your potions and lotions. Skyrims campaign seemed fairly short compared to oblivions campaign. but I think that may just be because I either fast traveled or used my companions werewolf form to travel to places faster than just walking/running. The campaign may well be shorter but it is a hell of a lot more fun compared to walking through an oblivion gate to notice a few enemy's in which were fairly easy to kill. The Dark Brotherhood mission are abit lame to be honest but they are fun non the less. The theiving guilds missions are a bit more combat styled and not as much sneaking past everyone so you dont get seen. They are more like running in slashing up some enemys if needed then getting whatever you need to complete the quest. Being a dragonborn is quite handy as if you have mastered your unrelenting force shout you can basically blast back any opponent in front of you, which is quite amusing, handy and free to use!!! from what I have experienced skyrim doesnt seem to have loads of bugs and glitches its just small things which are hardly noticable so if your looking for a fun, exciting game, Skyrim is the game to have! I personally recommend it for PC not xbox and ps3 as the graphics are much better and will give you a more enjoyable expierence. Expand
  17. Nov 20, 2011
    Lots of fun and awe.
    A well crafted world, the environments are so believable, that (unlike your character) you can almost feel the cool Mountain air.
    On the down side, some of the voice acting are a bit to redundant.
  18. Nov 20, 2011
    Gorgeous game with a great assortment of things to do. I have put some hours into this and keep going back to it. Some of the physics are weak. Horse back riding on bridges are very dangerous! A multitude of side quests makes this game interesting as you can spend your time on one without even working on the main one. Just a fun game.
  19. Nov 20, 2011
    I'm not going to lie, this game is amazing, brilliant, outstanding, and a masterpiece. I'm only filling the rest up because i need one hundred and fifty characters. lol this looks like a review a saw :O great minds think alike. but i have used more then hundred and fifty characters now. =[ o well lol
  20. Nov 21, 2011
    This is the first game in the series that I have played, and I just have to say, this game is a masterpiece. Every aspect this game is simply fantastic. This is a must-have game for anyone who are looking forward to an awesome RPG experience.
  21. Nov 21, 2011
    This is the best game that i have played. you feel like real. I really like saving game. you can save at everywhere, everytime.Map is so big and this is so great. There is so much playable races ( with vampires and werewolves). you can use magic and weapon same time and it makes playing easier.AI is not perfect, but good. Story is good, sometimes dialogs and travels can be boring but whenThis is the best game that i have played. you feel like real. I really like saving game. you can save at everywhere, everytime.Map is so big and this is so great. There is so much playable races ( with vampires and werewolves). you can use magic and weapon same time and it makes playing easier.AI is not perfect, but good. Story is good, sometimes dialogs and travels can be boring but when you travelling thugs and bandits attacks you and fighting them are stops your boring. Graphics are good but sometimes you see missing details. but, when you look all of the game, This Game Ä°s Almost Perfect! Expand
  22. Nov 21, 2011
    When I heard about TESV: Skyrim, the sequel to one of my most beloved games of all time (Oblivion on the PC, with emphasis on the PC 'cause of mods), I was absolutely stoked, but after disappointing releases by numerous game companies, Bethesda included, I became skeptical of its overall quality and kept my expectation bar reasonably high. What I was expecting was a great game marred byWhen I heard about TESV: Skyrim, the sequel to one of my most beloved games of all time (Oblivion on the PC, with emphasis on the PC 'cause of mods), I was absolutely stoked, but after disappointing releases by numerous game companies, Bethesda included, I became skeptical of its overall quality and kept my expectation bar reasonably high. What I was expecting was a great game marred by day one issues, broken ___, and other issues that were fixable by the community in due time. Basically, I was expecting a good game, not a great one, that would be made excellent by the community over a long period of time.

Then it came out. Now, before I write this review, I noticed a trend among those who rated this game low. "Graphics don't look like real life...0/10...it's not like (insert favorite old-school RPG)...0/10...small bugs that will be patched...0/10..." Give me a break...This is a unique game (not a classic RPG! If you want that, then good luck finding one; they are getting pretty darn rare) that is very new (at least at the time I wrote this review) and doesn't have the mod tools out yet. Not a single 0/10 review has made a decent point as to why there is nothing redeeming about this game. Now for my review.

Let me tell you, this game took my expectations and mercilessly shattered them. 40+ hours in, the most amount of time I can remember spending on a game >4 weeks after its release, and I have still yet to get bored with this game.

There's a lot of improvement from the previous installments. Well, at least I consider them improvements. The addition of things like cooking, mining, smithing, and dual-wielding as well as beefing up magic to not only make it worth using, but very fun to use too, have all been great additions that add a lot of fun to the game. Dungeons have seen a massive upgrade, boasting a surprisingly high amount of variation and uniqueness, which makes dungeon-clearing much more interesting. Some things have been axed like weapon degradation and some skills (some of which were kind of useless like athletics), but overall, itâ
  23. Nov 24, 2011
    After reading some of the more 'harsh' reviews I have come to one conclusion, they are not playing the same game as me. While Skyrim doesn't deserve top marks (and I will explain why) it certainly doesn't disappoint.

Starting Skyrim up for the first time is like visiting an old friend who you haven't seen in a while, it's heading into the unknown and yet that familiar excitement starts to flow back, finally you are given the chance to customize your looks and this is where the fun begins.

First, the graphics. I'm really not sure why people say they are dated, and even comparing them to oblivion, they are more advance, I would say looking back that Oblivion was too bright and colourful which made it much more cartoony, but I can accept that, Cyrodiil was a completely different region to Skyrim. Skyrim is just grittier and darker due to a change of climate and a more realistic colour tone.

The game has kept me interested for 30+ hours over the week, and I'm still going, I haven't even touched the main quest out of interest on exploring and side questing, each character you talk to has his own personality, and sometimes I find myself going out of my way to teach people a lesson for insulting me because I have felt a connection to my character, the game is rather addictive once you've settled in the world, and there is plenty to do (plenty is an understatement)

One particularly cool feature is that sometimes a dragon will descend upon you, and the music kicks in and you are soon fighting this thing with just a sword and a bow, it all becomes rather epic as you weave and slash away at this beast that has come from nowhere, the music only entices the adrenaline as you feel like a true warrior. Great job on the music, it really draws you in and makes the game feel more complete.

But with good points, there are also bad, and this game seems to bring a slight disappointment to the PC gamer in me, since this appears to be a console port, the game plays well minus a few bugs, however it is the menus and interface that it falls rather flat on. Text that you have your mouse over isn't necessarily the text highlighted and can create some rather annoying â
  24. Dec 16, 2011
    I signed up with Metacritic just to praise this game. It is perhaps the best game I have ever played (up for debate) but its that good. Sure it had some bugs out of the gate and really I gave it a 9 because the devs could have put forth a little more effort on the PC version (controls, textures and the interface all suffer from consolitis) but other than that it is a downright blast toI signed up with Metacritic just to praise this game. It is perhaps the best game I have ever played (up for debate) but its that good. Sure it had some bugs out of the gate and really I gave it a 9 because the devs could have put forth a little more effort on the PC version (controls, textures and the interface all suffer from consolitis) but other than that it is a downright blast to play and you'll log 40 hours before scratching the surface. Expand
  25. Dec 18, 2011
    The environment in this game is beautiful. You can tell that it hasn't been tarnished by years of pollution and abuse by its inhabitants. The water is crystal clear and the mountain air so fresh, so much unlike our own. There are no factories to speak of. Nothing to pollute the surroundings and no detectable ozone pollution. Dragons, animals now extinct in our own world due pollution andThe environment in this game is beautiful. You can tell that it hasn't been tarnished by years of pollution and abuse by its inhabitants. The water is crystal clear and the mountain air so fresh, so much unlike our own. There are no factories to speak of. Nothing to pollute the surroundings and no detectable ozone pollution. Dragons, animals now extinct in our own world due pollution and habitat loss, roam the lands of Skyrim freely, a beautiful sight. All in all I must say this game is a masterpiece that depicts what our world could have been without the pollution so ever-present in our environment. First Prize! Expand
  26. Dec 23, 2011
    Better then oblivion if you ask me,only reason its not a ten for me is i just dont like how they did magic in this one other then that everything else is nearly flawless great game.
  27. Dec 28, 2011
    My ignorance might have won the day. I could have given this a 9 or even a 10 but I can't. Why? Because I've played the Witcher games and have discovered just how great an RPG really can be. Yes, Skyrim looks beautiful in those huge outdoor vistas. Just don't get too close to anything, though. Close-up details are not particularly good, even on the highest graphics settings.
    As for the
    As for the main quest, I've been playing the game for about 10 hours and I'm really not getting engaged with the main plot at all. On the plus side it's because there are just so many side quests to do - this game is HUGE. On the minus side, the main quest is just not very interesting. Apparently the world might end. Really? In Oblivion it really felt that way. The hordes of the underworld had bled through and the ominous red glow in the sky was chilling and added a genuine feeling of peril. In this game I don't feel it at all. The world is full of dragons. They're pretty easy to kill, much easier than most dungeon bosses.
    Many of the side missions are retrieval quests - "I've lost X, go to Y and bring it back" - but they're fun for the most part, if not particularly challenging.
    The controls and combat are Ok but could be much better. A very obvious console port and not intuitive for mouse and keyboard but everything does run smoothly.
    Unfortunately there are tons of bugs - not too surprising for such a huge game and no real game-breakers. Just silly, laughable quirks like my horse becoming invisible at certain angles so it looks like I'm floating astride nothing. Sometimes dropped items don't land on the ground but sit three feet above my head, just floating there in space.
    I'm still enjoying it, hence the decent score, but it's just not engaging enough to give it full marks.
  28. Jan 4, 2012
    It is widely accepted between role-playing gamers that the difference between a good and a bad game experience is the amount of freedom the developer decides the player will enjoy: the good guys at Bethesda know it very well, and Skyrim makes no exception in the long tradition of deep and immersive games this software house has developed.

The one of Skyrim is a huge and impressively

The one of Skyrim is a huge and impressively variegated world, where every detail is there on purpose and every story makes sense, at the end of the journey. Just don't believe the haters: they can't stand the fact that this game represents the natural evolution of the happy marriage between role-playing and adventure, and at the same time the starting point of a long, epic and sometimes pleasantly frustrating adventure. Until you get an arrow in the knee, you know.
  29. Jan 6, 2012
    its good lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
  30. Jan 15, 2012
    This is one of the best games ever created, and has just raised the bar for openworld action-rpg's to a new impssible height. Dragon age does well, Fallout does well, and so do a lot of other open world games. We had a lot of those in 2011, but this one is the best. The graphics are the best you have seen in a while on PC, the gameplay is fantastic and the amount of content justThis is one of the best games ever created, and has just raised the bar for openworld action-rpg's to a new impssible height. Dragon age does well, Fallout does well, and so do a lot of other open world games. We had a lot of those in 2011, but this one is the best. The graphics are the best you have seen in a while on PC, the gameplay is fantastic and the amount of content just incredible. Take Morrowind and Oblivion times two, plus better graphics, longer and more rewarding gameplay and an amazing amount of detail, and you have Skyrim. And, finally, a game arrives that does dragons right. Each dragon fight, even if you already had a milliion, is epic. The detail in weapons and armor, buildings, enemies, characters and weather conditions was never seen before until Skyrim came along. Expand
  31. Jan 18, 2012
    Best PC RPG game ever. Ignore the bug-gripers; they have dirty systems. And Skyrim will only get better as the mods roll in and the expansion packs arrive. Seriously, coolest game ever.
  32. Jan 18, 2012
    I've played through Oblivion and the two recent Fallouts plus a lot of other solo and multi-player games. So far, Skyrim is the best!

You can wander the beautiful, dramatic hills and valleys, visit the quaint towns and meet the quaint people, follow all or none of the quest lines. You can make a career and a marriage, play any of the numerous races and both genders. You can specialize in melee or ranged or casting, or you can build a character who does it all. You can adopt a companion to watch your back and carry your loot. This is an extremely immersive game that I would highly recommend to those new to the genre. Replay value is high.

You do need to make sure you have the hardware recommended for this game. Don't even think of getting by with the minimum! The graphics are much too good to waste and they'll kill a mediocre system.

Small bugs still exist but you can learn to use the developers console to repair a quest or skip the boring parts. If you get stuck, there are plenty of helpful references free on the Net. My only dissatisfaction was that I didn't feel emotionally connected to any of the NPCs. I think this is because Bethesda didn't use cutscenes to bring me close to a character's face. Witcher II and even the old Half-Life series nailed my feelings better.
  33. Jan 19, 2012
    LOLS all i see here is people putting 0 because there computers are **** and people putting 10 because there computers are. This game is unbelievable and was not a let down(unless you were expecting the most amazing pile of awesomeness). This game is what it was meant to be. CHOICE!
  34. Jan 24, 2012
    Overall, it's your typical RPG. At first it's fun and exciting, but if you're not one to intently follow a story line, and just like to run around killing stuff and trying to level as fast as you can, than it's pointless to play this game really. The storyline, however, is fantastic, and the gameplay itself is really great.
  35. Mar 6, 2012
    No wonder was chosen as Game of The Year. So many stuff to do, I think you can play this game for a year. Superb graphics (with a good video card). Plus the new Steam Workshop, when you can get community made free ad dons to enhance your experience. For me, its a 10.
  36. Mar 22, 2012
    Hands down, the best games I have played in its class to date. The game is well designed and although there are bugs, the game's overall quality is still unparalleled with an enormous quantity of quests and choices.
  37. Apr 27, 2012
    Great: the world design, the attention to details, the character models and animations, the creatures, the sense of adventure and exploration. Good: the quests, the dialogue, the Nords culture and politics, the professions and diversity of builds by perks. Bad: the guilds and their quest lines, the lack of attributes and birthsigns, the lack of racial distinction. Music is divine!
  38. May 10, 2012
    This game is amazing. If you haven't heard of it, you've missed something. But don't worry! That's why you need to buy it and try it. You'll never regret it. The best RPG in a decade!
  39. May 19, 2012
    Skyrim is a wonderful RPG, but many many glitches still permeate the game. While not gamebreaking, these glitches do subtract from the enjoyability of the game. Still, the game does have an exciting storyline and a fun and extremely large amount of sidequests.
  40. May 29, 2012
    I have to break this review into two parts. #1 Pre-modding, and #2 Post Modding. (be sure to read the post-modding part!!)

Pre-modding: 6/10 Cons: 1) The interface was crap for the PC. 2) The item naming was poorly done 3) There were MANY poorly done textures, models of both the 2-D and 3-D. 4) Many models which were supposed to be 3-D were made 2-D etc. etc. 5) DRAGONS... My biggest

Pre-modding: 6/10
    Cons:
    1) The interface was crap for the PC. 2) The item naming was poorly done 3) There were MANY poorly done textures, models of both the 2-D and 3-D. 4) Many models which were supposed to be 3-D were made 2-D etc. etc. 5) DRAGONS... My biggest PEVE!!! They were weak flying lizards that I once beat to death with my bare fists!!!! This was almost a deal-breaker for me! 6) MANY errors in skills, items, game-play etc. 7) many details you wish were in the game but knew they'd just be wishes weren't in the game. 7) decent, but not over-the-top voice acting. They could have used a few more actors in this department.. especially in the common interactions.

Pros: 1) Great music 2) Great Story 3) Awesome Lore depth 4) Respect for the consumer 5) timely updates 6) High level of pre-mod character customization 7) Plenty to explore and open-ended... and the ultimate thing 8) the ability to make your own changes or to use other people's changes MODDING!!!!

Modding leads me into the next part: POST-MODDING

POST MODDING - 10/10!!! every negative in the previous section has been fixed by the players!

Pros: OMG! with everyone out there solving every bug, glitch, error, fixing every plot hole, graphical error, improving textures, models... Making dragons powerful... I cannot say with enough emphasis that the modidng has made this game beyond EPIC. The pure level of customization you can choose is amazing!! New User-interface, new item naming, people add houses, dungeons, animals, fish, fishing, horses, seals on ingots, new hair, better animations, more or less blood, improve all graphics from apples to trees, to the whole world itself, change the lighting to make it more real, new weapons, more food, new spells, better bookshelves.... If you found something/anything irritating, or had a wish for something someone else has had it and made the mod for it, or you can request it. Or by browsing the mods you will find stuff and think... OMG That's an AWESOME IDEA!!! download it and using Nexus it's in the game! Nexus Mod Manager is to this game what Chocolate is to Peanut Butter. I will be playing this game for ages. I put this game as a VERY CLOSE SECOND when compared to my all-time favorite game Ultima 7 parts 1 and 2. You simply cannot go wrong with this game. Modders are already making Castle-Defense, tower Defense mini-games inside the actual game! This game has re-defined the RPG genre
  41. Jun 1, 2012
    i'm still playing this EPIC game since the date of release... and i got to say.... this game is simply EPIC. the history is great, graphics are very good, and you can do anything! Also, is way better than ps3 and xbox360 because of mods! actually there are a LOT of mods to install, items, missions, etc. for me, its a bit better than oblivion. First time, the game has a bunch of annoyingi'm still playing this EPIC game since the date of release... and i got to say.... this game is simply EPIC. the history is great, graphics are very good, and you can do anything! Also, is way better than ps3 and xbox360 because of mods! actually there are a LOT of mods to install, items, missions, etc. for me, its a bit better than oblivion. First time, the game has a bunch of annoying bugs that made the game very hard to play, but now the great BETHESDA are releasing patches, and now the game is almost perfect!!. Simply a masterpiece. waiting for dlc! Expand
  42. Jun 1, 2012
    After having finished the game I can say that this is one of the best game ever. Excellent graphics, compelling story, unlimited freedom and the best, really amazing landscapes. It's a unique game, you could played over and over and it will surprise you like the first time. All in all amazing and REALISTIC.
  43. Jun 1, 2012
    Great game. I enjoyed the immense world, all the story lines and freedom that the elder scroll games offer. I liked Skyrim better then Oblivion. The dragons are just amazing to see and battle. Story lines are great and the vast world of things to discover is just overwhelming. Played it now un till level 48 and still haven't covered half of the places in Skyrim.
  44. Jun 1, 2012
    Awesome game, my favorite of all time. Graphics are stunning and game play is top notch. I love the fact that you can control almost every aspect of the game. The game still has a few bugs even 7 months after release, but they are minor in my opinion.
  45. Jun 30, 2012
    First off, I'm new to The Elder Scrolls. I bought Oblivion a while back off of Steam when it was on sale, and really didn't enjoy it, probably because it was quite a few years old and shared a lot of the same sounds and features of Fallout 3, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I had a lot of fun in Skyrim. It piqued my interest in the series quite a bit, and have since read (not played, I know)First off, I'm new to The Elder Scrolls. I bought Oblivion a while back off of Steam when it was on sale, and really didn't enjoy it, probably because it was quite a few years old and shared a lot of the same sounds and features of Fallout 3, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I had a lot of fun in Skyrim. It piqued my interest in the series quite a bit, and have since read (not played, I know) the synopsis of all the other Elder Scrolls games. It's not perfect, no game is, but just a lot of fun. I think it deserves a higher score than an 8. Expand
  46. Jul 15, 2012
    awsum game,the graphics of this game is outstanding,thestory has a good begining along with a good ending,the gameplay modes are nice,good options are there
  47. Jul 18, 2012
    For all the breathtaking aesthetic beauty of Bethesda games, I feel they could really take a lesson from Bioware in storytelling and making people come to life. I say this as a huge fan of Bethesda, with Fallout 3 and Morrowind being some of my favourite games of all time. But in games like Knights of the old republic, mass effect, neverwinter nights, Bioware do so much more to enthrallFor all the breathtaking aesthetic beauty of Bethesda games, I feel they could really take a lesson from Bioware in storytelling and making people come to life. I say this as a huge fan of Bethesda, with Fallout 3 and Morrowind being some of my favourite games of all time. But in games like Knights of the old republic, mass effect, neverwinter nights, Bioware do so much more to enthrall you with a storyline, to develop relationships and make you care. The main problem for me in Skyrim is this storyline. Dragons! 15 year old boys may find the idea of battling dragons awesome, but Bethesda can do so much more than this. There's a fine line between generic fantasy games and the more impressive and stylized ones, and I worry that by importing the fantastic trope that is dragons into your game you really only de-value your own concept. Hoist by one's own Petard, as they say. Couple of other things: dungeons. In Oblivion and Morrowind there was variety in what you could find within. In skyrim, you always know it's going to be a sh*t load of Draugr, and if you're bloody lucky, a couple of frostbite spiders. Where did that variety go!? Quests: There are some really fantastic ones, but at times I feel there's a lack of invention. The go get me this item approach to quests only carries you so far. Bethesda needs to innovate rather than play it safe. Combat: Mods are a must for this, but only available to pc users. I really can't see that the combat has improved since oblivion, just evolved in a parallel direction. Still no inbuilt parry system or anything, a shame. But I'm saying these things as someone who loves the elder scrolls, and believes in it. Beautiful game, with loving attention given to its 'Nordic' Lore. What I'm trying to say though is that Bethesda has set its sights on making the ultimate 'immersive' experience; a game where you can do anything, go anywhere, be anyone. But for that to have been truly realised, more attention would have been needed to the depth of the 'being', the 'doing' and so forth. Just because I can go anywhere and do anything, does not mean I will want to if there's inadequate depth to those in-game acts. For me, the answer is making us care more about characters, relationships, be more shocked and gripped by plot. Skyrim calls out for this if only to do justice to the huge effort put into crafting its glorious world. Expand
  48. Aug 5, 2012
    Very good game. Massive in size and content. Visually amazing in parts.

Lacks depth. Lack of connection to enviroment and its people. Completing tasks has no real impact on the lanscape and its contents.

Close but falls short of being a great game.
  49. Aug 20, 2012
    I became bored with Skyrim after about 140 hours. While some may object that it becomes boring after some time, I myself know plenty of games that started to bore me after a FEW hours at most! There is a ton of things to do in Skyrim and while it starts to look all the same after some time, you certainly can't deny that it takes you weeks of real time (140 hours = 35 days/4 hours a day)I became bored with Skyrim after about 140 hours. While some may object that it becomes boring after some time, I myself know plenty of games that started to bore me after a FEW hours at most! There is a ton of things to do in Skyrim and while it starts to look all the same after some time, you certainly can't deny that it takes you weeks of real time (140 hours = 35 days/4 hours a day) till it does.
    Great music, graphics and some storylines, exciting combat... what more could you wish for? Complex magic system in Morrowind style? Never really used it. More complex dialog options? It would help. PC friendly menus? Absolutely.
    Certainly almost everyone will think of something that would be great if added to this game, but come on! There is so much stuff in this game, let's keep it real and say that there is far more than in any other game for a "mere" 50
  50. Aug 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've been a fan of the Elder Scrolls series since I purchased Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall back in 1996. Daggerfall was my favourite RPG game until last year when I purchased Elderscrolls V: Skyrim which has now become my favourite. The only other Elder Scrolls game I have played is Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind which I found to be tuned to be too easy and I found the dungeons to be too small. For me, Skyrim finally gets things right. The dungeons are not too small (like in Morrowind) or too big (like in Daggerfall) they are just right. So far the dungeons I have cleared have looked different from each other. The quests in this game are a refreshing change from the lame quests I've been doing in MMOs for the past few years. In Skyrim quests are epic, some are like clearing an dungeon to get an item, breaking into someone's well-guarded house to steel a deed for someone, etc. If you let NPCs get you drunk or talk to insane hobos you can end up in crazy places not knowing where you are. There are many plot twists in the quest-lines which keep things interesting. Sure there is the occasional quest where you can collect a pile of 10 bear pelts for someone, but to do that you need to go out in the wilderness and find 10 bears which are not that common so it will take a while and you can choose to ignore it or just collect them as you do other quests and exploration in the wilderness. The world of Skyrim rewards you for exploring the world, you will come across dungeons, witches covens, houses, temples, etc. that are not on your map and meet interesting people along the way. You can talk to most of the people you meet traveling the roads between the cities and some of them will give you quests. And there are no yellow exclamation marks over there heads lol, you just talk to random people and see what they say. It feels like you are playing a character in a real world with real other people. The characters you talk to are all voice acted well, albeit some of the minor characters like guards can be a bit repetitive (hence the "arrow in the knee" meme). This game gives new meaning to open questing. There are questlines you can follow in the game that tell a story and they are epic, the mages guild and thieves guild have their own quest-lines that lets you feel like you are hanging out with magey or theify types playing a character yourself. If you get this game you should get it on PC since this will allow you to download mods for it and use the console to enter cheat codes if you want. The default UI is lousy for a PC but you can download mods to fix it or alternatively you can buy a console-like controller for your PC. I don't use console cheats very often, just for annoying things where you have 50 lock picks and break them all while trying to unlock a master lock, etc. in which case I might give myself more lock picks or just use the cheat code to open the lock. Occasionally, I will save and use the console to enter god mode and just mess around for fun but I always go back and do it properly. After all as my old gym teacher used to say when you did your pushups wrong, "You're only cheating yourself!" if you cheat on a solo game ha ha. But Skyrim has been the best game I've played in a while and it gave me a nice break from my WoW addiction when I quit WoW. If you like rpgs and/or are sick of MMOs then I highly recommend this game. I give it a 10/10. Expand
  51. Nov 30, 2012
    It is the greatest and best game in my all,from the time it was unleashed untill now.The too many illustrious elements give me a perfect performance under the awesome worldview.What a good game!
  52. Oct 21, 2014
    Like fam you can do well lots wiv dis game its well swell and fun fam a lam. The guards who steal your tasty sweet rolls are bad yeah like the man called alduin who does real bad things like yeah lick sweet rolls and powder in the soul cairn on dawnguard
  53. Dec 25, 2014
    Normally PC games aren't as good as console ones but the elder scroll series is an exception! The base game is near perfect as it is...but with mods available only to pc users any small issues can be smoothed over for a perfectly tailored game for each individual.
  54. Jul 12, 2015
    This game still sets the standard for RPG gaming. Great world, great leveling system and you just want to explore and explore. I hope there will a new offline Elder Scroll game on the market soon.
  55. Aug 21, 2015
    This game is amazing. Very good storyline, replay value, soundtrack etc. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is the glitches because there are so many and at times can be frustrating.
  56. Nov 11, 2011
    This is one of the best sandbox games I have ever played. Right from the start they give you the option of playing as any type of character you want without it feeling like they are holding your hand. Although it didn't have quite the same feeling as Oblivion when you first walk into the light, it doesn't take long before you are stopping to just look around. Although not all of theThis is one of the best sandbox games I have ever played. Right from the start they give you the option of playing as any type of character you want without it feeling like they are holding your hand. Although it didn't have quite the same feeling as Oblivion when you first walk into the light, it doesn't take long before you are stopping to just look around. Although not all of the textures are ground breaking they are combined to look like a living breathing world. The facial animations have improved greatly, and the voice overs have as well. When it comes to character creation I wasn't a big fan of the look of the elves but the other races look amazing (this is a personal preferance and not an issue with detail).

The fighting has improved alot since oblivion but still can't compare to witcher 2 or some others that are out there. I think this is due to the fact though that there are so many differant ways that you can fight they couldn't focus on just one. The menu system has gotten a huge overhaul and I like the way it is set up. The quick select option is great and doesn't require you to scroll through all the menus every time to choose a differant spell or menu.

Of course there is an issue with some bugs, but this to be a common issue with Bethesda sandboxes. While playing for about 10 hours there was 1 time the game just closed on me. This didn't hurt me too bad as it saves quite often. There are other minor glitches but none that really detract from the game. Although this isn't a perfect game it is alot closer than I thought was possible. This takes takes the RPG to a level that we have never seen before, and I know this will be taking hundreds of hours away from my free time.
  57. Nov 11, 2011
    It is the greatest Elder Scrolls yet. My only complaint is the controls and I got used to them after an hour. Other then that, the story is compelling and the world really draws you in.
  58. Nov 11, 2011
    (first few paragraphs are the summary) Well having given it a 10 it is obvious I thought the game was great. There is more game play content compared to previous games and the game world is believable (so far as fantasy can be). The game play has been streamlined to distill much the tedious things out, which may put off some hardcore fans but if the give it a go and compare with the(first few paragraphs are the summary) Well having given it a 10 it is obvious I thought the game was great. There is more game play content compared to previous games and the game world is believable (so far as fantasy can be). The game play has been streamlined to distill much the tedious things out, which may put off some hardcore fans but if the give it a go and compare with the previous games they'll realize it is for the better.

Overall its a dam good game. If you don't like morrowind or oblivion then you won't like this game since free form RPGs probably aren't your thing so you should probably play something quite linear like the witcher 1 or 2. If you do like the previous games you may first feel a little upset with a few of the minor changes but once you realize why there in there you'll notice it does in fact provide a better game play experience. The vast majority of people having graphical problems are either on PS3 or very low end systems. There are a few crashes but for me at least they are rare (every 3 hours or so) and it is very quick to get back into the game. But with the quality Bethesda provides with all their games there is no doubt that patches will be released to tweak these problems and they don't impact on the games fun factor at all.

The graphics are very nice and up there with any other fantasy setting game around and a nice upgrade over previous titles (I only compare with fantasy games as realism in graphics isn't the style they generally go for, meaning it is ridiculous and idiotic to compare graphics between this and battlefield 3 as the graphical styles are completely different, however it can be compared with The Witcher 2 and is probably equal though a little better than it in graphic wise).

All of the complaints about the graphics I've seen are more because they dislike the graphical style (fantasy with a very slightly cartoon appearance) but the graphics are actually really nice. Of course the PS3 version of the game has graphical glitches, but that is more difficulty issues with the PS3 architecture than anything else. I haven't had any major graphical problems over 3 different PC setups and it all runs very smoothly. The only poorer aspect of the graphics from me is perhaps the particle effects for some of the fire effects but its a moot point and as a graphics programmer I can be a little picky there. The only major glitches I've seen are to do with animation transitions but again its kind of moot and doesn't break the immersion of the game.

The AI path-finding also seems to have undergone an overhaul for the better. The AI is very good at navigating the game world and even in the few instances when it gets stuck it sorts itself out very quickly. There is still the problem of being able to trick it by placing yourself in a position it can't get too (such as on a cliff) and shooting it from afar, but that is really kind of cheating anyway and is an AI problem that will always be around for these games (other games get around it by simply preventing the player from moving to those locations, they can't do that in elder scrolls as it goes against their design philosophy of being able to go anywhere).

Storyline wise the game is much better than oblivion (on par with morrowind which I enjoyed) and the voice acting throughout the game is head and shoulders above oblivion. Again with any elder scrolls game its the world and side quests that make up the meat of the game and here they don't disappoint.

The combat system that takes about 20-40 mins to an to get used to but once you do you quickly realize how much better it is. There is actually some depth to it now rather then just hack and slash like oblivion (though it did try to be different). It is much easier to get the hang of than the Witcher though. The auto leveling system is also better since like the famous MMM mods you can still run into creatures of a higher level. it good still do with some more tweaking so that less weaker creatures appear (most bandits seem to be quite low level) but it is dam fun killing them so doesn't ruin the game at all.

The gameplay has also been improved with the addition of small gameplay elements such as a crafting system, overhaul of skills (for the better), roleplaying aspects (not something I really enjoy but nice addition all the same) like chopping firewood to earn a little extra gold and many more things. I particularly like the new spell, enchantment and alchemy systems which have more depth but are simpler to play with.
  59. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is the best of 2k11, before i played it, i thought its gonna be hard for skyrim to top morrowind and oblivion, but i have to say that (even if the graphics are only slightly better than in oblivion and there are still some bugs etc....) its the best TES i've ever played!
  60. Nov 11, 2011
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is one of the most immersion and groundbreaking games I have ever played. Not only does it contain beautiful graphics, but also a detailed story line, good AI, and many features that other games wouldn't even consider implementing.
  61. Nov 11, 2011
    Skyrim is Morrowind revisited. Adventuring, exploration and discovery are back on the menu! Truck loads of love have been poured into this game. The attention to detail, the haunting music, and the ever increasing depth of the game are but the tip of a magical and mysterious mountain. Bethesda are the masters of the RPG genre.
  62. Nov 12, 2011
    I want to write something here, but that means taking the time to do so... So I will just say this: Buy the game yesterday, play it, and see what the rest of us sees aswell. This game is amazing.
  63. Nov 13, 2011
    Hands down the best game in years. There are just a handful of game companies that consistently go WAY beyond what is expected when creating games, and Bethesda is one of them.

As is typical of massive games like this upon release, ES V has crashed on me twice in a couple of days, but I'm sure patches will remedy this. It feels far more stable than Oblivion or FO3 upon release. The

The leveling system is much improved from Oblivion in my opinion. Why they didn't go completely FO3 with the leveling in Skyrim, they did correct the fundamental issues with Oblivion's system. And they are perks galore! And you get to choose one each level.

I haven't advanced far in the main quest yet (I tend to get easily distracted by side quests, of which there seem to be no end!), but the story already has the makings of another Bethesda epic.
  64. Feb 6, 2012
    This review gives a different take on the bugs, glitches, and mishaps associated with the PC version of Skyrim. Many people are complaining about the lack of PC optimization, in addition to things like the UI clearly being only ideal for console users and textures not being high-res enough. While it is very unfortunate that this is the case (the game was not designed ideally for PC), whatThis review gives a different take on the bugs, glitches, and mishaps associated with the PC version of Skyrim. Many people are complaining about the lack of PC optimization, in addition to things like the UI clearly being only ideal for console users and textures not being high-res enough. While it is very unfortunate that this is the case (the game was not designed ideally for PC), what is fortunate is that Bethesda had the logic to give us OFFICIAL MOD SUPPORT for PC. Don't like the UI? Download a mod that changes it. Don't like the low-res textures? I've already downloaded over 3GB of higher res textures. Don't like the optimization? It gets better with each and every patch. While the PC version is not perfect, it's surely good enough for a 9/10 rating. Expand
  65. Nov 11, 2011
    Have only played the first 20 minutes or so but so far the game is looking great, some people have commented about the graphics however this game isnt like COD, the world is HUGE and the game would take up way to much space on the hard drive if the graphics were to improve anymore. Can't wait to get back on it.
  66. Nov 11, 2011
    Amazing game. It is a console port right outta the box, but a great port at that. I played for 5 hous last night without even knowing it, and every second of the game was absolutely glorious.
  67. Nov 11, 2011
    Great game, combat is much better than before, especially the magic system is a ton better compared to the earlier Elder Scrolls. Sounds are good so far and graphics are pretty good too. There are some minor bugs and small annoying things in the game, but nothing that cannot be fixed. I definitely recommend this game.
  68. Nov 11, 2011
    i apologize but i will keep this short very short

BUY THE GAME... period it is not as beautiful as witcher 2 but hell is it HUGEEEEE and the world immersion is parallel to no no game out there now
  69. Nov 15, 2011
    I have a modern day gaming machine and this game runs like crap, i can max out games like BF3 without any problems yet this game even on low my fps drops below 30. The visuals are ugly, even on max they look like someone smeared crap all over the objects. Skyrim is a unoptimized cheap console port, do no buy it.
  70. Nov 11, 2011
    What a great game I have nothing to complain about: Great story; great gameplay .
    This game is absolutely stunning.... Every negative point I could think of (maybe one or two graphical disappointments) get totally out weight by so many positive aspects!
  71. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is one of the best games ever made. And deserves nothing lower than a 10 out of 10. Everything about it is just great. That's about it. Dawgs.
  72. Nov 11, 2011
    I had very high expectations for this game and I am in no way disappointed. Frankly, I am surprised by the bad reviews but not because I believe that everyone likes the same thing. The bad reviews taken in toto reveal a "even though you gave me a world, I still want more" mentality. I am further mystified by the comments that this game is somehow not worthy of a PC gamer's attentionI had very high expectations for this game and I am in no way disappointed. Frankly, I am surprised by the bad reviews but not because I believe that everyone likes the same thing. The bad reviews taken in toto reveal a "even though you gave me a world, I still want more" mentality. I am further mystified by the comments that this game is somehow not worthy of a PC gamer's attention because it is a port. What difference does that make? Let me tell you a secret kiddies: ports have been around for ages and there was a time not so long ago when a game was judged based upon its immersion factor. Certainly comparisons CAN be made but the whining about the game being optimized for 360 controllers and pretty much left in a state of chaos for the PC are simply unfounded. The game positively exudes atmosphere and the world literally seduces you into that rarefied state of "just one more hour" for hours on end. Perhaps it doesn't have the graphics of a Hollywood blockbuster but again children, it is a GAME. The graphics however ARE splendid and I sense a significant improvement over Oblivion and a drastic improvement over Morrowind. Gone are the emaciated High Elves of Morrowind, and banished are the "human" races of Oblivion whose faces told a tale of people who needed a go on a treadmill. But even with the less than stellar models of Morrowind and Oblivion, those games were eminently playable, and absolutely immersive. Skyrim represents a very obvious maturation of the Elder Scrolls series. I would directly respond to those who complain about the graphics to try an experiment: read a book. You would be surprised at the graphics you get from black ink on wood pulp. If you REALLY need realism such that not even a pixel should be made manifest then go outdoors for Heaven's sake! Imagination is the key to great games and you have the freedom to make this game become whatever experience you desire it to be.

I applaud companies like Bethesda and CD-Projekt because they do NOT take the easy way out and create MMORPGs. It takes considerably more effort to create a single player game in which the characters become believable. I would wager that many of the whiners here are WoW junkies. As such, you limit yourself because with WoW you are at the mercy of what Blizzard decides to make you pay for and you had better get in at the right time because skill means nothing in WoW; it means EVERYTHING in games like Skyrim and The Witcher.

I am running this game on a dual core 2.92 GHz with a GeForce 9800 GTX; my rig is not exactly top spec anymore. That said, the game runs beautifully on high settings and looks beautiful even at medium. Yes there ARE glitches but in a game of this magnitude such things are to be expected. The voice acting will not win any Academy Awards but I do not expect that of any game; movies are made for that.

Lastly, I read one negative review here which stated that the person hated Skyrim and Bethesda so much that from now on the person was going to torrent everything Bethesda makes. I am supposing that the person who wrote this was frustrated because his torrent of MW3 was taking too long. Simply put, the reviewer who feels that engaging in immoral and illegal acts is justifiable because he/she dislikes a game should be banned: free speech does not include mentions of illegal activity. You ARE a criminal and it is people like you that make honest gamers pay a fortune. I apologize for the rant folks. Skyrim is a simply phenomenal game and we PC gamers are especially fortunate because this magnificent world of Skyrim shall grow beyond imagining and I am excited to see what is around the next corner.
  73. Nov 12, 2011
    In one word Brilliant! If you like stealth/ combat/ magic/ crating and selling stuff/ quests this is your game. Sure the ui is horrible for the pc and there are still glitches but the sheer scale of the game outweighs these issues. Honestly this game should not be reviewed by anyone who has played the game for less than 10 hours because the sheer scope of Skyrim is one of it's many many pluses.
  74. Nov 12, 2011
    It could be the best game of all time. I need to finish it first and I'm sure that is going to take a LONG time. But it takes all of the great changes from Fallout 3 and updates them to make a master piece for the Elder Scroll Series. The story seems to work better that all the previous Elder games.

It is a shame there are so many great games coming out at the same time, but this one will be played more than the rest.

For those of you that like Bethesda RPG's, this is the best one of them all. Get it.
  75. Nov 12, 2011
    As usual, there're many polarised reviews here. This game deserves neither a 10 nor a 0. The game is definitely an improvement on Oblivion ("game of the year" nonsense notwithstanding, many people found it dull or unplayable), and things such as dual weilding and lack of classes are very welcome. The environments and music are wonderful and models are fantastic, too. The major thing for meAs usual, there're many polarised reviews here. This game deserves neither a 10 nor a 0. The game is definitely an improvement on Oblivion ("game of the year" nonsense notwithstanding, many people found it dull or unplayable), and things such as dual weilding and lack of classes are very welcome. The environments and music are wonderful and models are fantastic, too. The major thing for me is that combat feels much better, and that makes a huge difference!

However: this is still elder scrolls, and let's be honest here, these games are all more or less the same. There is just more emphasis on breadth than depth, and so the game won't be for everybody. Flaws? The interface leaves a *lot* to be desired, voice acting is a mixed bag as usual, graphics technology is dated (despite being pulled off well anyway), AI is awful. Ultimately, a well-refined albeit unoriginal game with a lot to enjoy, as well as some flaws. It's certainly worth a try, I think most people will genuinely enjoy this - if you don't, that's OK too, just don't give it so much hate which it doesn't deserve.
  76. Nov 12, 2011
    I'm 17 hours into Skyrim, and more than anything, there is only one problem I have with it. The more I play, the better it gets, and the better it gets, the more I play. If you have any respect for Video Games, or Fantasy in general, you need to play this game. It's unquestionably the best game I have ever played - so much depth, an impressive world, that feels very much alive, and someI'm 17 hours into Skyrim, and more than anything, there is only one problem I have with it. The more I play, the better it gets, and the better it gets, the more I play. If you have any respect for Video Games, or Fantasy in general, you need to play this game. It's unquestionably the best game I have ever played - so much depth, an impressive world, that feels very much alive, and some of the best combat in a first person RPG to date. Just Play it. Sure, the PC port isn't the greatest, and the User Interface takes some getting used too, but these are minor issues when you look at how much Skyrim has to offer. Expand
  77. Nov 12, 2011
    there are no words to describe this game epicness. they fixed everything that was wrong with oblivion and added some new things, the game has a couple of annoying bugs but they will be fixed soon I think. overall this game is damn damn damn fun to play
  78. Nov 13, 2011
    Skyrim whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I have given the game a review score of 10 for this and one other reason, the other reason being that I do not believe 8.5 (average user score at time of posting) to be an accurate representation of the quality present and the enjoyment that can be taken from game. As usual it seems there are people that insist on bombing a gamesSkyrim whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I have given the game a review score of 10 for this and one other reason, the other reason being that I do not believe 8.5 (average user score at time of posting) to be an accurate representation of the quality present and the enjoyment that can be taken from game. As usual it seems there are people that insist on bombing a games metacritic score with 1â Expand
  79. Nov 13, 2011
    It is a rare day when I give a game a perfect rating. However, Skyrim is incredible. The combat and dialogue may be spotty, but for such a wide world, most of it is seamless. I love it, it's so good. It's the best. I could give so many reasons why, but there is way too many. The randomness of everything is incredible. I've started a character twice and each play through is completelyIt is a rare day when I give a game a perfect rating. However, Skyrim is incredible. The combat and dialogue may be spotty, but for such a wide world, most of it is seamless. I love it, it's so good. It's the best. I could give so many reasons why, but there is way too many. The randomness of everything is incredible. I've started a character twice and each play through is completely different. I'm in love. Expand
  80. Nov 13, 2011
    I sat down to play Skyrim after a long wait following Oblivion, I played, I played, I played. I explored, I did side quests, I did some of the main quest, got distracted by shiny things in the distance and went off to do other things. I was utterly entranced. My housemate knocked on my bedroom door and asked me "What skills you gone for?" he had just finished installing it after gettingI sat down to play Skyrim after a long wait following Oblivion, I played, I played, I played. I explored, I did side quests, I did some of the main quest, got distracted by shiny things in the distance and went off to do other things. I was utterly entranced. My housemate knocked on my bedroom door and asked me "What skills you gone for?" he had just finished installing it after getting home from work, I, had the day off. He came in and looked at me, exclaiming only "It's 10pm dude..." I had been played since 7am, and had absolutely, no, idea. Expand
  81. Nov 14, 2011
    The best game I have ever yet played, nothing more to say.
  82. Nov 14, 2011
    It's a great game whitout mods (in fact my GOTY regarding BF3 and Deus EX). And surely better with future mods & official/non-official patchs. Few bugs appear but like all other games.
  83. Nov 14, 2011
    when game was only announced my only hope was that it will be on same level as obsidian's New Vegas (that was good enough game). But now I can honestly say, Skyrim is better. It even better than Morrowind an even Daggerfall (my previously best game in TES). Bethesda fixed most mistakes of their Oblivion and Fallout 3 and deliver us, in my opinion, best RPG at this moment. I don't wantwhen game was only announced my only hope was that it will be on same level as obsidian's New Vegas (that was good enough game). But now I can honestly say, Skyrim is better. It even better than Morrowind an even Daggerfall (my previously best game in TES). Bethesda fixed most mistakes of their Oblivion and Fallout 3 and deliver us, in my opinion, best RPG at this moment. I don't want describe all new features - new great dialogues, non-linear quests (that really on close level to witcher 2) all these aspects made on very high level, so you just need to play and enjoy. But there three main themes that people are afraid of: simplification of rpg system, graphic and one I called "It is the same oblivion". I don't understand people who blame skyrim about this. New RPG system is not simplified - it become more variate and more organically fits into gameplay. Yes there are less skills but I like it very much (in spite of me as big fan of most hardcore system as it was in Daggerall). Graphics... all who say that graphics is bad and same as in oblivion, first I advise play in Skyrim couple hours then asap play in Oblivion (without graphic mods) to compare. Second I advise to understand - it is ONE HUGE WORLD, where you can't just make fake stage where game strictly controls you - where you can see and where not (like COD, Uncharted and even Witcher and ME sometimes). BUT even with all this difficulties game looks great on consoles from 2006! Also if you play on good modern PC there are lots of additional graphic options like additional shadows, Ambient occlusion etc., that make picture even better. My main poit is - this isn't "same as Oblivion", it is BIG step forward in all aspects and best game in TES for me now. This game shows what other series like DA, ME of Witcher can't - big really living world Expand
  84. Nov 15, 2011
    Like Oblivion and Fallout 3, this brilliant game is already being patched, fixed and improved by the modding community at SkyrimNexus. Bug fixes, improved textures and graphics, and more can be found and are released on a regular basis. Don't miss out.
  85. Nov 15, 2011
    People hell-bent on giving Skyrim an extremely low score should consider how few major pc games are released these days, Back in the so called hayday of pc gaming we only dreamed of a game like Skyrim, And all games were a nightmare to run. Skyrim needs a few tweaks here and there but it still the best pc game I've played. I hope its not the last great pc RPG.We need to give credit where its due.
  86. Nov 16, 2011
    Simply the most amazing world created this game generation. It's alive, well detailed and filled with interesting lore and quests.

The only downsides are some graphical imperfections like low texture resolution on PC, and the interface which doesn't work perfectly with a mouse. I expect this to be patched. Even with those downsides, it's still a 10/10 because the world and extreme

Even with those downsides, it's still a 10/10 because the world and extreme amounts of content more than make up for the small downsides.
  87. Nov 16, 2011
    Such a brilliant game so much to explore. first played it weren't really into it but eventually you love it. The game lets you upgrade on so many things. you can travel to many destinations and constantly be impressed by the landscapes.

Do not waste your money on MW3 because it has failed this year in terms of innovation it is the same thing as MW2. Skyrim have put the effort into this game and I admire them for this.
  88. Nov 16, 2011
    Great game! Definitely deserves the spot for GOTY. I haven't even played the game yet, and it seems amazing. Not only the graphics but all the interaction around you, and how "doing this and doing that, can lead to this". You really get to live your own life in the game, you can make decisions and all that. For sure the greatest game from Bethesda so far. People will spend a long time onGreat game! Definitely deserves the spot for GOTY. I haven't even played the game yet, and it seems amazing. Not only the graphics but all the interaction around you, and how "doing this and doing that, can lead to this". You really get to live your own life in the game, you can make decisions and all that. For sure the greatest game from Bethesda so far. People will spend a long time on this one, especially on the PC with all the mods that expand the game! Expand
  89. Nov 17, 2011
    I hate to admit it. But this is the best game I have ever played in almost 30 years of gaming. I personally hated, and I do mean HATED Fallout 3 and Oblivion. I thought they were two of the most overrated games ever made. But this, oh man what an amazing game. It does have some flaws. Bad UI, a fair few bugs and some poor graphics. Fortunately those things can be fixed with mods. I amI hate to admit it. But this is the best game I have ever played in almost 30 years of gaming. I personally hated, and I do mean HATED Fallout 3 and Oblivion. I thought they were two of the most overrated games ever made. But this, oh man what an amazing game. It does have some flaws. Bad UI, a fair few bugs and some poor graphics. Fortunately those things can be fixed with mods. I am currently using about 8 or 9 and it makes the game beautiful as only a PC can. Wonderful game, any RPG nut needs to try it. Expand
  90. Nov 20, 2011
    GOTY? No - possibly game of the last ten years. I'm not inclined toward sandbox games - never found one I've really liked and I'm not inclined toward Bethesda, either; I was bewildered by Oblivion and found Fallout 3 painfully bad from a story, voice acting, and the game engine .

But Skyrim? It stands apart - and above - almost anything else I've played. First, there is the vastness of the game world: almost beyond comprehension, with hills and mountains and streams and caves littering the landscape. And where most games have one or two major cities, this game has at least eight. More than that, however, is the amazing degree of meticulous detail packed *into* this world. NPCs notice when you drop objects, what armor you're wearing, what magic you're wielding, and engage in intelligent conversation with other random NPCs. Explore at night and you will find a half-dozen varieties of bugs (some bigger than others!) and even more plants. Further, you really *live* in this world - craft potions, smith weapons, enchant them with spells - even cook your own food for more health. You can also meld combat styles very easily - for instance, I play a heavy armor one-handed warrior who also throws around magic. The one clear downside is the UI - quite unintuitive and poorly though out, console or no console - but one of the huge strengths of this game is the army of modders and the mod tools Bethesda is releasing so that it can all be fixed. Even now, there are some amazing mods that significantly improve the graphics.

Honestly, if you're a gamer of any stripe, not experiencing this game would be a tragedy.
  91. Nov 21, 2011
    I'm not finished with the game, but I can already see how its all going to end. This game deserves a 7/10. As others have said, reviewing websites and companies are no longer to be trusted. This game does not deserve a 9.5. As far as I am concerned, this game is Oblivion with better graphics, worse combat, and a worse storyline. Fallout 3 is the epitome of Bethesda's success. That gameI'm not finished with the game, but I can already see how its all going to end. This game deserves a 7/10. As others have said, reviewing websites and companies are no longer to be trusted. This game does not deserve a 9.5. As far as I am concerned, this game is Oblivion with better graphics, worse combat, and a worse storyline. Fallout 3 is the epitome of Bethesda's success. That game made every inch of the map interesting to explore and characters had life and were interesting. Expand
  92. Nov 30, 2011
    This game defines a genre and is without question, the best RPG gaming experience currently available to human kind.

Although I will deduct one point for a long list of bugs and the ongoing CTD errors :)
  93. Jan 21, 2012
    Before playing Skyrim you must accept the fact that Elder Scrolls games... or Bethesda RPG's in general have tendencies to be terribly glitchy and well un-organised. Skyrim, reasons you are so great: Great graphics/models/views/effects, great combat (decapitating people casually), great array of weapons armour and crafting, great bunch of characters, a good adventurer experience.
  94. Mar 1, 2012
    Awesome, fun, beautiful game. Modding community will keep it interesting and fun for a long time as well. Also has a lot of re-playability due to the shear size of the game and very different playstyles of melee vs magic characters, good vs evil characters, and all the different factions to join or kill. Love it.
  95. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is amazing, and nothing short of it. The gameplay (Combat) is far better then it was in previous Elder Scrolls games, but it seems like this game is a port TO PC not from it. The game isn't well optimized and graphics leave something to be wanted. Though Graphics may be less than a 'Crysis MEGA GWaFics' they are actually quite nice!
  96. Nov 11, 2011
    Two very simple reasons you must get this game:
    1.Developed by Bethesda Game Studios. 2.Epic release date(11/11/11).
  97. Nov 11, 2011
    I am very happy with the outcome of this game. I can't say that it doesn't have issues that is why I gave it an 8 instead of a 9 or 10. The Visuals look quite good on my PC. Someone had said how it eats up their 8800 gtx. That's cause that is like 5 generations old video hardware. The game feels like a new experience. The dual-wielding is a concept that I've wanted to see and definatelyI am very happy with the outcome of this game. I can't say that it doesn't have issues that is why I gave it an 8 instead of a 9 or 10. The Visuals look quite good on my PC. Someone had said how it eats up their 8800 gtx. That's cause that is like 5 generations old video hardware. The game feels like a new experience. The dual-wielding is a concept that I've wanted to see and definately adds for a different dynamic.. The scenery is appropriate and pretty. I haven't run into any off-putting bugs at this time. The voice acting is quite the step up from Oblivion (70+ voice actors compared to TES IV's 12). The only major problem I have is that it is optimized for consoles. The interface, inventory, favorite items vs quick keys all felt cumbersome at first. I'm getting used to it, but I shouldn't be required to conform to what I can do with 5 buttons. The Elder Scrolls have previously been PC first games which made them incredibly enveloping when they came out. I've certainly had a couple Ooohh's and Ahhhh's in this but I can only imagine what it could have been if it were designed with the PC in mind first. Expand
  98. Nov 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is awesome! Played about 8 hours now, what impressed me the most though was when i were doing a random quest then got a note from a courrier with a black hand that said "WE KNOW". Then when i had rested i woke up at an old shack. And had to execute a random person, that was insane, apparently i got to join the dark brotherhood. The story so far i great, the sound is a 9/10, amazing. Graphics could be better though (will blame consoles). Also the landscape is visually amazing and very creative.10/10, this game is a masterpiece. Expand

1. Feb 29, 2012
  2. Feb 14, 2012
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012