8.0

1. Apr 26, 2015
    9/10 for the game
    0/10 for the paid mods
    Valve/Bethesda, you dun ****ed up.
    Uh.... I need more characters so....
    /150characterssssssssssss
    There we go
  2. Vio
    Apr 29, 2015
    I saw a guy with 11 000 hours of playtime for this game. My own is over 300, and I haven't even gotten a quarter of the way in. Just be wary of any hint of paid mod introduction.
  3. Apr 26, 2015
    I'll change my review if they get rid of putting mods behind a Paywall.

Bethesda and Valve are encouraging modders to place their mods behind a Paywall in a pre-existing open source modding community. The problems with that should be obvious. (Extremely easy to steal other people's work or steal it and change it to be unrecognizable) Not only that, but they want to take 75% of the
    I'll change my review if they get rid of putting mods behind a Paywall.

other people's work or steal it and change it to be unrecognizable)

Not only that, but they want to take 75% of the proceeds modders make and won't even give smaller modders anything until they make over $400, of that they only get $100.

Nexus on the other hand. has a donation button pop-up. If you like the mod you can donate directly to the mod creator. 100% of the proceeds go to the author for doing all the work, instead of valve and Bethesda stealing 75% of the money for doing nothing.
  4. May 8, 2012
    This game is beautiful and it has soul. While I think it's not the best TES game, it surely stays true to what makes this series amazing: insanely detailed world, fantastic atmosphere, the huge open world that calls the adventurer in me to explore every corner and delve into the legends of the Nords. The art style, music and character models make Skyrim the most spectacular experience soThis game is beautiful and it has soul. While I think it's not the best TES game, it surely stays true to what makes this series amazing: insanely detailed world, fantastic atmosphere, the huge open world that calls the adventurer in me to explore every corner and delve into the legends of the Nords. The art style, music and character models make Skyrim the most spectacular experience so far in terms of a living world to explore. The RPG mechanics are getting thinner (stats, skills, birthsigns, attributes) but the progression and character customization are still pretty solid in their absence and a good improvement from Oblivion. I can't wait for the expansions for this game. Expand
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    So i've played this game for the past 12 hours now. And i do have a good bit to say about it.
    1.) all these people **** about the intuitiveness of the controls do have a slightly valid point, the Q command on PC for switching between "favorites" does seem a bit awkward. however, it pauses the game, where before, quick swapping weapons did not. so it adds to the your available options of combat tricks to move around and use. the menu is also a bit messed up - it needs some fixing. i wish that it had been slightly more convenient, though most people who play PC games play on generally high sensitivities, so unless you're on an m18x like i am where the screen is bigger than it should be, it's not a problem.
    2.) the other things people have **** about is AI, and the sharpness of textures - easy, fix your contrast. and for AI, i feel like the majority of people who have so far played this game do not understand that this game is NOT about combat. this game has combat thrown in to develop your character and make it slightly more interesting. this game is about story lines, and personal choices. i don't care if it plays like minecraft, because this game wasn't meant to be BF3 or MW3 (which is both like and have played extensively)
    3. so now that all your **** has been put aside and you 0-raters have been put in your place, we'll get to why this game get's a 9 in my book. A) the story line is perfect, as it introduces a level of depth that is accessible to all players of the spectrum in their willingness to see the world in which they live
    B) the game play is fun, entertaining, unique, and i have, actually, stopped to look at mountains and rivers, as well as waterfalls and even the bodies of dragons
    C) the game went back to religion having an actual element on the gameplay like it did in morrowind, which is nice and helps you see things. it also actually shows cultural perspectives based on races like they did in morrowind, and the levels are completely designed from scratch, which is one million times better than oblivion. As far as how this game compares to other games though? I'm still at a 9, because i do not believe that any game will ever deserve to be on the level of morrowind, even if i've played tf2 and MW3 for 10-15 hrs each this week, i thought morrowind was the beginning of everything games should be, and this was continued into skyrim, though not perfected, and thusly, i give it a 9.
  6. Mar 7, 2013
    400 hours and still playing this. Not many games nowadays gets you going after 40 hours. Sure, it's not a scripted kind of game, but in a real RPG kind of sense, this whole land of skyrim is literally your gameboard.
  7. Nov 28, 2011
    Subtract everything you hate about past elder scrolls games, add everything you love, add a better engine that does not crash on you every 10 minutes and is not a steaming pile of bugs, pretty up everything, make the faces cooler and make just about everything better and you have skyrim. This game is a masterpiece, its the game that we have been waiting for in 2011, (Most titles this yearSubtract everything you hate about past elder scrolls games, add everything you love, add a better engine that does not crash on you every 10 minutes and is not a steaming pile of bugs, pretty up everything, make the faces cooler and make just about everything better and you have skyrim. This game is a masterpiece, its the game that we have been waiting for in 2011, (Most titles this year have been bad to say the least) This game would deserve a perfect 10 if not for the super lame secondary main quest which is the civil war, you can kill the final boss in one hit, I understand that level scaling is bad in most cases, but in some cases things have to be level scaled. The annoying part is, the civil war is about the length of the dragon questline! this game would get a 9.7 in my book now, thanks to that one little detail, but since metacritic forces me to round up my score, 10 it is!
    Also, if you really want to complain about the crappy interface of how you painfully select everything and how its built for a controller, do one of the two following things : get a mod, or use a controller, we all have USB ports!
  8. Nov 11, 2011
    Western RPGs don't get much better than this. The amount of effort that has gone into this game is apparent. If this doesn't make game of the year I will be very surprised.
  9. Nov 11, 2011
    Summery in a few words - "The BEST Elder Scrolls to date". Even those who loved Morrowind and liked Oblivion will LOVE this one.

Though some PC specific UI would have been nice. Like implementation of hotkeys. Still the sheer number of content will surprise you....... guaranteed.
  10. Nov 11, 2011
    Some people seem to think that you have to use WASD or the arrow keys in the menus; you don't. The mouse can be used for everything. Other people talk about the graphics being like Fallout 3 or even Oblivion; they're not. Even on Medium, the graphics are a clear step forwards, put everything on max and you have a pretty stunning game that somehow runs smoother than past Bethesda games onSome people seem to think that you have to use WASD or the arrow keys in the menus; you don't. The mouse can be used for everything. Other people talk about the graphics being like Fallout 3 or even Oblivion; they're not. Even on Medium, the graphics are a clear step forwards, put everything on max and you have a pretty stunning game that somehow runs smoother than past Bethesda games on the same settings. The people's faces are still a little off, a bit clumsily rendered, but are still the best unmodded faces by far you'll have seen in a Bethesda game so far.

So much as been added to the gameplay. The perks really allow you to customise your character in very specific ways, rather than simply doing more damage against creatures who can now take more damage as the game progresses. The combat still pales in comparison even to The Witcher 2, never mind an actually combat-focused game like Dark Souls, yet it is a lot more satisfying than in previous games, with enemies dropping to their knees when near death or begging for mercy.

You can take jobs now, becoming a chef, a blacksmith or a lumberjack. Enchanting and alchemy returns too. The NPC behaviour is much improved over previous games. Rather than standing dumbly around and occasionally walking into a wall or tree, as they did in Morrowind, and rather than standing dumbly around and occasionally having in incredibly stilted conversations, like they did in Oblivion, they will now do their daily jobs, cooking, cleaning, making weapons at the forge, carrying lumber back from the nearby forest, and so on. The bard at the tavern plays various songs, actually playing the instrument used in the song, and will take requests from you, even commenting on your song choice ("Only a true Imperial would choose that one!") and receiving applause from any nearby NPCs at the end of his songs. How NPCs respond to you is varies on how you've completed certain quests; one man asked me to deliver an insulting letter to a woman that he'd written in her boyfriend's handwriting, hoping she'd then leave her boyfriend for him. I told him I'd do it, but then went to the woman in question and told her all about the plan. Now her and her boyfriend like me whereas the other guy is always rude to me. Get friendly enough with people and they'll let you stay the night in their house, eat their food and even "borrow" their weapons.

All in all, an enormous step forward over previous games, and that's coming from someone who always love what Bethesda's games promised but usually ended up hating what they actually delivered.
  11. Nov 11, 2011
    What a great game. Oblivion was amazing, but it had its (minimal) flaws, they've been ironed out in this iteration; I have nothing to complain about: Great story; great gameplay (who doesn't like dual-wielding spells); exceptional graphics. To be honest, I don't know how TES VI will top Skyrim.
  12. Nov 13, 2011
    Okay, initial impressions were actually CRAP. The menus angered me, as I refuse to accept anything resembling a console setup. My mouse and aiming lagged to high heaven... But within an hour or two I had mastered the menus (even though I agree it is still a console setup and I wish it wasn't) and thanks to the wonderful world of .Ini files, fixed all my lag! Hell I even added more shadows,Okay, initial impressions were actually CRAP. The menus angered me, as I refuse to accept anything resembling a console setup. My mouse and aiming lagged to high heaven... But within an hour or two I had mastered the menus (even though I agree it is still a console setup and I wish it wasn't) and thanks to the wonderful world of .Ini files, fixed all my lag! Hell I even added more shadows, and sharper details :D

This game looks beautiful. I keep looking at my screenshots, like "Wow, I was really playing that?!" The sounds make me want to crank up my surround system to hear the skeleton parts roll down the rock stairs, hear the chant as I level up...or even the bass upon startup! Side quests, and unique locations have taken 15 delightful hours of my time and I can't wait for more. (Am avoiding the main quest for now).

OH and my breezehome is fully decked out and has tons of goodies in it...despite my housecarl being dead :(
  13. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyrim is a Grand Soul Gem of a game filled with a Grand Soul.
  14. Nov 11, 2011
    Game is amazing..And better than oblivion and morrowind.
    The fun you can have in this game is very big.You can do what you want.Kill peoples,steal from someone,kill dragons,talk to someone,get into the house you want...Its pretty good.And the graphics are brilliant.So....Fun+Good graphics = Good for every player!
  15. Nov 11, 2011
    I'm not gunna lie, this game is amazing, brilliant, outstanding, a masterpiece. I'm only filling the rest up because i need one hundred and fifty characters.
  16. Nov 11, 2011
    Played this for about 4 hours without any glitches or crashes, and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself! The only complain would be about the shadows in the game. They flicker too much, but nothing that modders can't solve.
  17. Nov 11, 2011
    Okay, i bought it for PC because of mouse control and improved graphics. First i thought, "wow", my HD5870 is good enough but then i realized that the game looks like Oblivion without any graphic-mods and low settings. Don't get me wrong, I will play this game because its like Oblivion, but it is not the game i was waiting for. Seems like the developers are afraid of improving graphics ofOkay, i bought it for PC because of mouse control and improved graphics. First i thought, "wow", my HD5870 is good enough but then i realized that the game looks like Oblivion without any graphic-mods and low settings. Don't get me wrong, I will play this game because its like Oblivion, but it is not the game i was waiting for. Seems like the developers are afraid of improving graphics of the pc version because consoleros would get angry. The menus are terrible too. They didn't even try to improve them for pc mouse. I have a wireless 360 controller for Windows, but i won't use it. I got it for sports and racing games. Let the patching begin.... Expand
  18. Nov 11, 2011
    Even though I haven't fought my first dragon yet, everything I have seen so far has just blown my mind. I am only playing on high settings dang dual core and a 5770 all with 4gigs of ram, I will be upgrading my PC soon I know that, just for this game. However, the high settings still look amazing, everything is crisp and visually appealing. Although I got a weird motion sickness thingEven though I haven't fought my first dragon yet, everything I have seen so far has just blown my mind. I am only playing on high settings dang dual core and a 5770 all with 4gigs of ram, I will be upgrading my PC soon I know that, just for this game. However, the high settings still look amazing, everything is crisp and visually appealing. Although I got a weird motion sickness thing going on with the opening scene. overall the graphics are great! (there are a few tears and artifacts every once and awhile but nothing that can't be fixed with a few tweaks I am sure) I am in love with the dual wielding of spells and weapons already! This is a game that you must get if you even moderately enjoyed any of the previous Elder Scrolls games. Expand
  19. Nov 11, 2011
    Graphics may seems as dated at the beginning (oh man, the caves are sooo fugly), but you will discover soon what amazing work had developers put into the scenery and interiors design. And it works quite smooth on my old mid-end hardware. Annoying loot and mobs leveling seems to be fixed now, since loot is more rare and mobs are more dangerous.
    Skyrim doesn't force you to follow main story
    Skyrim doesn't force you to follow main story line as Oblivion did, and you are free to travel around from the beginning.
    Controls are somewhat limited on PC (and hotkeys are TERRIBLE), but it seems as I can cope with it.
    The game is like a Morrowind on the steroids. It's a bit more free, more open-world, less generic-medieval than Oblivion. AI is less annoying, dialogs are well-written, voice acting is terrific and everything seems much more alive.

This game is indeed a big step forward both in the terms of the gameplay and design. Long live the king!
  20. Nov 15, 2011
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -> ~50â
  21. Nov 11, 2011
    Skyrim, Skyrim, Skyrim... This game is absolutely stunning. Run to the nearest shop at once and buy this masterpiece, your life will never be the same.
  22. Nov 11, 2011
    first i think this game is boring and **** i was played that game some hour and now i am sure this is game of the year.this is really addictive :O
  23. Nov 11, 2011
    Every negative point I could think of (maybe one or two graphical disappointments) get totally out weight by so many positive aspects!
    Im basically playing this game now for 9 hours straight... and it actually got released in my territory 9 hours ago. I refuse to believe that anyone who loves the genre would be disappointed with this game.
    On an entertainment and time per dollar scale this
    On an entertainment and time per dollar scale this game tops EVERYTHING!
  24. Nov 11, 2011
    Great graphics, Amazing lore, architecture and world, massively improved AI and gameplay, this Elder Scrolls just about surpasses any Elder Scrolls- in fact most RPGs I have ever set my hands on. Even still- it's better on the PC with better graphics and mods/modding tools.
    Great game if you enjoy exploration, fighting, interacting or living in a world, or hell, even story. It's truly among the best RPGs to date, and the best Bethesda game to date. A true masterpiece. The only real downside are the frequent bugs, but honestly there are so many plus sides to this game that I couldn't give it anything but a 10.
  25. Nov 12, 2011
    Skyrim is everything I wanted it to be... and more. This is the first AAA title that launched this year that I was actually impressed with. The character creation and leveling system has been improved, using magic doesn't feel like it's a slow-motion pause fest, and the world is truly beautiful. Every Bethesda game has problems at first--and that's acceptable for a game that has hundredsSkyrim is everything I wanted it to be... and more. This is the first AAA title that launched this year that I was actually impressed with. The character creation and leveling system has been improved, using magic doesn't feel like it's a slow-motion pause fest, and the world is truly beautiful. Every Bethesda game has problems at first--and that's acceptable for a game that has hundreds of hours of content. I'm not going to expect a bug-free experience because many other (and admittedly much shorter) games can't even get things running on launch day (BF3, Dead Island, etc).

The graphics are beautiful if you can afford to play on Ultra settings (2xGTX 560 Ti cards on my rig), but there's still a few issues with shadows indoors, which is a bit counter-intuitive considering that the outdoor spaces are huge. The graphics aren't groundbreaking (like the Crytek engine) but they'll do just fine, especially in the massive outdoor spaces.

I'll address the most common complaint: the UI sucks. It does. The menus don't work half the time unless you perfect the art of scrolling, but that's a bug that I'm sure will get fixed. The other complaints are about the standard UI, which tells you less information than Oblivion. I think it gives you a more immersive experience, so you don't have to look at health/magic/stamina unless they're being used. It allows me to spend more time focusing on the world when I'm not in battle.

Another complaint is about the voice acting and dialog. Come on guys, you can't get Patrick Stewart to voice EVERY TES game. Dialog can be a bit cheesy at times but I don't remember many games that don't have moments of cheesy dialog (in some cases it's lovable!)

Overall, Skyrim stays true to the feeling of TES series, while making vast improvements in keeping you immersed in the game. It's truly one of the few titles out there that was actually worth the wait.
  26. Nov 13, 2011
    When I first started I wasn't sure about the changes it has compared to its predecessors. The changes to the menus, the way combat feels and the change in classes and skills.
    But after I have been playing non stop since I got my hands on it I love it. Everything works so well and it makes me feel like i'm in the game that i'm an high elf mage and that is what i love a game that can make me feel like i'm part of it.
    If I could only have one game this year this would be my pick, you have to pick this up or you are missing on of the best games created so far.
  27. Nov 11, 2011
    if you buy one game this year make it skyrim the amount of content is worth the price. unlike most games nowadays .ive spent hours in this game already and ive barely touched the main story the side quests and random things you fine are so good you have gamer ADD on what to do next its awesome.
  28. Nov 11, 2011
    It's sad that so many people can't see past the graphics. Let's look at negative reviews, we see too many comments about how the graphics are "no better than Oblivions". If you don't mind mediocre graphics and a few awkward physics, you'll love this game. I admit, some of the controls are awkward (mainly spell switching, it becomes a pain) but the story is very well done and there's alwaysIt's sad that so many people can't see past the graphics. Let's look at negative reviews, we see too many comments about how the graphics are "no better than Oblivions". If you don't mind mediocre graphics and a few awkward physics, you'll love this game. I admit, some of the controls are awkward (mainly spell switching, it becomes a pain) but the story is very well done and there's always something to do. I also noticed that people like to complain about how this is the "same game in a new box" well you clearly don't understand how to play an RPG. If you didn't know, there's a GREAT storyline in that quest log so I don't see how you don't have anything to do in the game. The gameplay is much improved from oblivion, but a lot less clunky and easier to control. I'd give this game a 9.5 out of 10, -.5 for graphics/clunky animations at times, but these issues should have no effect whatsoever on how much you like this game. Expand
  29. Nov 11, 2011
    Easily the best game Bethesda has ever put out, wait... NO! Its the Best game anyone has ever put out!
    The greatest game i've ever played, the best RPG of all time. A world fully realized in a video game.
    SYRIM! Buy it, play it, love it.
  30. Nov 11, 2011
    Brace yourselves GF's, Skyrim is released! A Sandbox RPG with an interactive world full of beautiful scenery and amazing graphics, gotta be definitely a game of the year for me. What i love about Skyrim, is the "Karmatic" System like in Fallout 3. Steal corps, and the local inn will not sell you beer, and so will people in the inn reject to come and help you with battle, etc.
  31. Nov 11, 2011
    9/10: This game is definitely not a 10, but it is definitely not a 0 either (wtf, why must you people be like this?). Here is my honest review thus far! Skyrim is a major improvement over Oblivion. Magic and Archery got a much needed overhaul and the UI system looks much nicer. It is a great idea to be able to hotkey spells and weapons to favourites. The character animation is much9/10: This game is definitely not a 10, but it is definitely not a 0 either (wtf, why must you people be like this?). Here is my honest review thus far! Skyrim is a major improvement over Oblivion. Magic and Archery got a much needed overhaul and the UI system looks much nicer. It is a great idea to be able to hotkey spells and weapons to favourites. The character animation is much improved over Oblivion, HOWEVERmelee combat still feels 'floaty' (e.g. when you cut into flesh, it doesn't 'feel' like that, it's like you're cutting at air). Furthermore there are a few bugs that kind of detract from immersion (my face disappeared, a few non-important quests bugged out and my horse is floating lolol). However, nothing of game breaking proportions. FURTHERMORE, stealing is REALLY bugged in that I can place a pot/cauldron/basket over someones head and steal ANYTHING from them. It was pretty funny to do it initially, but now it's kind of making moments where I'm asked to steal something that should be difficult quite easy! The graphics on PC are good, but not the greatest. There is quite a difference between my PC settings (maxed with minimum 60FPS) and my friend's Xbox version, however the difference isn't as marked as BF3 PC-BF3 Console. The game install size is TINY and it is amazing that Bethesda has managed to improve their engines compression rate. I have sunk so many hours into this game so far and have not even made a dent in the main story line. While you wont find high fidelity in very minute environmental details, you will find a breathtaking scenery when looking out towards a snowy mountain (oh and the weather effects are AWESOME!), or even looking out across a lake as the sun begins to set. Truly what Bethesda has created is amazing. Yet for me, the game could never be a 10, the amount of bugs, floaty combat and the decent graphics for modern PC's all detract from the score I gave it. I hope you have enjoyed reading my review. Please do not trust the words of straight out 10/10 or 0/10 reviews, the game does have some problems, but it is a VAST improvement over Oblivion in all aspects. If you must know: Yes you can be a werewolf, the Dark Brotherhood quests are awesome and you can keep performing infinite kill contracts after you finish its main story and a few other things I want to tell you but shouldn't (I don't want to spoil it)!!. If you have money to purchase 1 game this summer, AND you love sandbox RPGs, this is a great game. Also, the MASSIVE strategy guide makes for awesome toilet reading material haha, fans of the Morrowind guide book will NOT be disappointed. 9/10. Thanks guys, enjoy! Expand
  32. Nov 13, 2011
    I really do not know where to begin. I am not putting a fan-boy '10' up, nor am I giving Skyrim a 10 over sensationalism. This game really has earned it.

Gameplay: The gameplay is more addictive than ever, and while it borrows from past Besthesda games, it still retains its own ingenuity. The combat is very violently refreshing, with very realistic 'pick-your-shot' fighting being logically most effective. You can rush in and swing your sword relentlessly and get the same, or you can gauge your opponents strikes and counter. There is more support now for a stealth themed character, and archery is actually an effective combat style now (as opposed to oblivion). Though at first being unable to block with two swords was very fickle, the point made of "you can't block with one arm supporting the hilt; the sword will fly right out of your hand" was quite valid. Skyrim has given me an actual adrenaline rush when fighting a bear. In my opinion, everything seems to just make sense now.

Animation: The combat stances I have seen so far are VERY practical (i.e. they borrow from actual martial arts). The hand-to-hand stance is very tight, and well guarded (hands up, stomach tucked, chin tucked). Punches are thrown just as they are in boxing; loose and relaxed, thrown with the hip and not flailing. Running looks like running, and not like you have spaghetti noodles for arms and legs (like a troll). Ditto for walking. The finishing sequences are quite brutal, and brutally well made. While still somewhat showy, they aren't overly flamboyant with spin-flip stabby things. Jumping looks like jumping. While it seems like it shouldn't be such a big deal to make a point of 'jumping looks like jumping', so many games in the past have failed where Skyrim is finally getting a grasp of what gravity might ACTUALLY do to a jump! The animations in Skyrim are a new rung in a chain of animation technology.

Graphics: Current generation graphics for sure. I am running on all ultra settings on a PC, and everything (especially the lighting) is visually impressive. If you are playing Skyrim on a 360 or PS3, you are naturally going to miss out on the best graphics Skyrim has to offer; a 256MB GPU just won't cut it. The aurora borealis in the game had me running around for 5 minutes or so just looking at the sky. THE FACES ARE AMAZING. 'Nuff said, haters gonna hate.

Sound: Some of the best quality voice acting you will find around. I feel like I'm playing the main role in an action film. There are some nuances here and there, and some of the voices sound irrelevant to the setting, but I guess it supports an immigration clause. That's all I need until sound technologically transcends into perfection.

UI: Anyone who doesn't understand the UI and argues 'it's made for retards' obviously has a mental deficit themselves. Think; if you are equipping a sword, you will naturally equip a sword to be used in the right hand on the left side. The sheath will be on the left so that you can reach across and unsheath the sword without having the struggle you would if it were on your right. Skyrim was made with logic in mind, so use it!

Cons: So far, I've seen a few bugs such as bodies floating and a random mammoth falling from the sky to its death (perhaps it was made to be?). Such is to be expected in a games release. What matters is that most of the general population can play it and there are no bugs which detract from the gameplay itself.
  33. Nov 14, 2011
    I've only played Morrowind and Oblivion before this, and I feel as if they know what I hated about them and fixed it. I've played ~40 hours of this game and it still feels like the first day, I want more (and I usually get bored rather quickly). The game world feels dynamic and the music and sound is just fantastic. The storyline is not award-winning, but it is certainly engaging, and theI've only played Morrowind and Oblivion before this, and I feel as if they know what I hated about them and fixed it. I've played ~40 hours of this game and it still feels like the first day, I want more (and I usually get bored rather quickly). The game world feels dynamic and the music and sound is just fantastic. The storyline is not award-winning, but it is certainly engaging, and the best of all is it just takes you in the way a book does. I don't know how to explain that better. The graphics are more than fitting, but I really don't care about those. There are bugs, but not as many as there have been other games released lately. Nothing serious. Regarding the user interface, it's obvious it's a compromise from a game that is intended for both consoles and PC, although nothing else has been compromised. The controls feel really good and load times are a breeze. If all "console ports" were like this I'd gladly buy them. Expand
  34. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is absolutely amazing. I have never played a game as good as skyrim since Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, this game deserves game of the year. The brilliant gameplay and beautiful world is astonhising. This game is so smooth with the controls if your used to the keyboard and mouse, so many things to do im only 5 hours into the game and i love everything about it and its so muchThis game is absolutely amazing. I have never played a game as good as skyrim since Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, this game deserves game of the year. The brilliant gameplay and beautiful world is astonhising. This game is so smooth with the controls if your used to the keyboard and mouse, so many things to do im only 5 hours into the game and i love everything about it and its so much fun watching the NPCs talk to each other like they are real people. One of the best things about this game is dragons, seems as though they never run out and a blast to kill to collect their souls to level up your shouts. Wont be seeing the sunlight for a few months or a couple of years =D Expand
  35. Nov 11, 2011
    It is a very nice game. It seems to have a lot of depth and detail. But it does carry over some quirks with the AI and at least on my machine I have at the launch of the game som weird audio problems with Surround. However in general it is one of the best elder scrolls and open world games in existence.
  36. Nov 13, 2011
    God damn! Here's some answers for the kids: 1) Bad Graphics. Upgrade your PC (That's all really.) 2) Game is too easy. Put it on Master difficulty (Settings -> Gameplay) 3) It's Oblivion! Rather than be a dumbass and rate the game without playing(EVERY ONE IS DOING THIS HERE) Why don't you just look for the faction quests? 4) It has bugs/glitches. Well, this game is not for you. SuchGod damn! Here's some answers for the kids: 1) Bad Graphics. Upgrade your PC (That's all really.) 2) Game is too easy. Put it on Master difficulty (Settings -> Gameplay) 3) It's Oblivion! Rather than be a dumbass and rate the game without playing(EVERY ONE IS DOING THIS HERE) Why don't you just look for the faction quests? 4) It has bugs/glitches. Well, this game is not for you. Such lammer doesn't deserve to play this masterpiece. Compare this game with the previous game you played and try to think about how complex it is. If Bethesda wanted, I am pretty sure they would make the best action game ever, because it's just too easy for them. Expand
  37. Nov 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Where to begin where to begin... How about its amazing graphics, or possibly its large and expansive world, its unending game play the dungeons are large and complex complete with puzzles of various designs.The new dual-wielding system is amazing and runs flawlessly with each other. and you can get flipping married!!! Hire Mercs. Expand
  38. Nov 11, 2011
    After waiting over a year for this game, and after playing both morrowind and oblivion, I am happy to say this is my favorite one so far. The only disappointing thing for me is that my computer cannot run skyrim on max, which is a big supprise considering I can run bf3 on ultra with no anti-aliasing. In short, If you have a pc, ps3, or xbox 360 and you don't buy this game, you areAfter waiting over a year for this game, and after playing both morrowind and oblivion, I am happy to say this is my favorite one so far. The only disappointing thing for me is that my computer cannot run skyrim on max, which is a big supprise considering I can run bf3 on ultra with no anti-aliasing. In short, If you have a pc, ps3, or xbox 360 and you don't buy this game, you are missing out on the best game of the year. Expand
  39. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is more like Morrowind and less like Oblivion. For all the good reasons. No other game can make you immerse yourself in itself like The Elder Scrolls V. The only fault I could even think of is the kinda clunky UI takes time to get used to if you don't use a controller. Aside from that, this game is as close to perfection as a video game can get.
  40. Nov 11, 2011
    Best Bethesda game by far. Many are complaining that it's exactly the same as oblivion and same engine as fallout, and it is with quite a few tweaks. Some could argue the EXACT same thing about Modern Warfare 3. But unlike MW3, that isn't where the game's heart lies, it's in the incredible content the game has to offer. Massive map with uncountable quests and loot, and incredibly funBest Bethesda game by far. Many are complaining that it's exactly the same as oblivion and same engine as fallout, and it is with quite a few tweaks. Some could argue the EXACT same thing about Modern Warfare 3. But unlike MW3, that isn't where the game's heart lies, it's in the incredible content the game has to offer. Massive map with uncountable quests and loot, and incredibly fun activities. They may have used a slightly modified engine, but they went out of their way to deliver the best content possible. I think you can play Oblivion and have quite a similar experience, but Skyrim is the evident superior Expand
  41. Nov 11, 2011
    Has an incredible immersion level that hours fly by when you play it. It is relatively bug free. Sure the graphics might not be the absolute greatest but rate down this game based on those overlooks all the other areas it absolutely excels at. You will be able to put hour after hour into this and still find new this to do. A truly worthy epic that lives up to and exceeds the hype.
  42. Feb 20, 2012
    Following the bugs and issues around the launch I initially reviewed Skrim much lower. Oblivion was a 9/10 and Morrowind a 10. However, a few months on and with many problems patched out the game was improving rapidly. Then the mods came addressing all the console based limitations of the original and adding massive value to the game as a whole. For opening up the creation kit and theFollowing the bugs and issues around the launch I initially reviewed Skrim much lower. Oblivion was a 9/10 and Morrowind a 10. However, a few months on and with many problems patched out the game was improving rapidly. Then the mods came addressing all the console based limitations of the original and adding massive value to the game as a whole. For opening up the creation kit and the sheer strength of the modding community response which would not have been possible if Bethesda did not encourage it. This has gone from an ok to another classic. Expand
  43. Nov 11, 2011
    Love or hate Bethesda's RPG's, you can't help but appreciate these absurdly massive sandbox worlds that they create for us to play around in. Skyrim presents a truly spectacular landscape filled with wildlife, lore, and quests. Although I've only played the game for about five hours, I can already tell that this iteration of the series will become my favorite. That said, I am a bitLove or hate Bethesda's RPG's, you can't help but appreciate these absurdly massive sandbox worlds that they create for us to play around in. Skyrim presents a truly spectacular landscape filled with wildlife, lore, and quests. Although I've only played the game for about five hours, I can already tell that this iteration of the series will become my favorite. That said, I am a bit disappointed that they haven't improved on the user interface. Bethesda decided on a rather utilitarian and minimalist UI with a menu-driven inventory system. Therefore, I suspect that some of the first mods that people make will probably be UI mods. And although the companion system is great, I was a tiny bit disappointed to discover that you can't easily outfit your companions with the gear of your choice (either that, or I don't know how to do it). But since the main focus is your own character, the somewhat sketchy companion system actually doesn't take away from the game's enjoyment much at all. I'm having a lot of fun with my female Barbarian "Red Sonja" look-alike! Hey, I wonder if I'll run across Kalidor? :) Expand
  44. Nov 11, 2011
    Only played this for around an hour, but very good so far! Well worth the buy and if someone rated it 0 or something, they just are either blind or not playing the same game!
    Buy this one!
  45. Nov 11, 2011
    I'm confused? Skyrim is advertised as a fantasy RPG. It has a vast world to explore, dungeons to loot, dragons to kill, bandits to beat down, trades to learn, inn's to sleep in, booze to drink, rivers to swim in, mountains to climb, weapons to fight with, spells to heal and destroy, towns to find, 300 hours of content, etc. So what did the low scoring people expect? Shoot, reload,I'm confused? Skyrim is advertised as a fantasy RPG. It has a vast world to explore, dungeons to loot, dragons to kill, bandits to beat down, trades to learn, inn's to sleep in, booze to drink, rivers to swim in, mountains to climb, weapons to fight with, spells to heal and destroy, towns to find, 300 hours of content, etc. So what did the low scoring people expect? Shoot, reload, shoot, reload, die, re-spawn??? As for the graphics ... (on ultra) are 'pinch myself' incredible when you consider what this game represents. I can see way, way off into the horizon with no fogging, people walking around, birds high in the sky, clouds realistically moving and trees swaying in the wind without the slightest lag or frame rate drop (60FPS). What other game does this??? Also, the load times leaving buildings/new areas are, at most, 3 seconds! How in the hell does Skyrim load this in so quickly? Something else I found impressive was I was walking through the bush during the night and a shadow of a bird of prey passed me. I looked up and there it was!!! Such attention to detail. I'm over and above amazed with what Blethesda have created. OK, It's not a huge leap from Oblivion or Fallout 3, but it's built upon those foundations and created the BEST of that genre. People are so hard to please these days (myself included) and when something comes along with genuine effort and thought, it becomes 'cool' to disrespect all the hard work. I salute the team behind Skyrim as they have given us (gamers) something to rejoice in. Best pre-crimbo present I could have hoped for. Thank you. Expand
  46. Nov 11, 2011
    Take Oblivion, and combine it with Fallout 3 and BioShock. Make a new engine, let the game look gorgeous, and let the player influence the world. Then put all that on steroids, and you have Skyrim.
  47. Nov 11, 2011
    I dont give this game a 10 so easily.

I dont give this game a 10 so easily.

I was quite skeptical about this game, but I feel it deserves a ten simply because of the many improvements and overall change it's went through since oblivion. The entire theme is changed, a more interesting main quest that is much less repetitive. (Might remind you of morrowind's epic quest) Dragons are a ton of fun and don't get old so quickly, especially when you see them intermix with combat against other enemies. The spell system has been changed, as you can no longer make your own spells. A bit disappointing, but dragon shouts make up for this. The 'perk' system is so extensive that it literally makes me fall flat on my face and go "Oh my god what should I level up?" Leveling up is a LOT more detailed now than it has in the past. It isnt just attribute raising anymore, you're literally crafting your own character. This could be the biggest improvement within the game, and the most interesting one at that.

The Ai is improved from oblivion's AI. Many enemies are more dynamic, including the giants who, though being incredibly dangerous, only attack when provoked or approached too close. Wolf type enemies will hunt in packs, so expect there to be some team behavior going on among enemies. But the AI is not perfect, it is improved, but it could be better. While it shines in some places, in other places it's completely laughable. The graphics are definitely improved, though comparable to fallout 3's graphics. On the PC there is a huge level of detail difference, so upping that definitely provides for some interesting eye candy. And the shadows are greatly improved. But it is a console port, so we can't expect crysis 3. But to honest, they did a great job with the current tech, the game looks beautiful, though lack luster in other places... (Shoddy textures are common) But the environment looks great, the atmopshere is incredible, and it's a definite change of pace in the graphics department.

A big thing is dual wielding, and when I say dual wielding, I mean quite anything, spell one hand, weapon the other. It's very customizable, and a big big improvement for some.

The combat system itself is a bit different than oblivion's, it does require more strategy as some enemies, become quite over powering. Yes I just said that, enemies can be overpowering. The game will base enemies upon your level, but there are some enemies that will beat you to pieces in one swift hit. (The giants. *cough cough*) there are also boss battles. Yes I just said that, combat got a lot more interesting. And this isnt just including dragons.There are also finishing moves, which I find entertaining.

The dungeons, I need to say this, are vastly improved.

Almost every dungeon, and when I say almost, it's pretty damn near to 90 percent of them, are entirely unique in their own way. No more copy paste dungeons, the cookie cutter corner dungeons of oblivion are gone.

I cant say the graphics are spectacular, but consoles hold us back. But the improvements are incredible, including in the graphics. So this game, in every right, deserves the score I gave it.

Good job bethesda, you have done us well.
  48. Nov 11, 2011
    To those who claim the graphics are bad: find the settings to turn them up! It's not a challenge, mine are good. For those of you who complain that it's full of bugs: that's a problem with your setup, mine is fine, but if in doubt wait for updates, perfect games don't get released. For those of you moaning about the controls: change them. That's not difficult either, mine are good. ForTo those who claim the graphics are bad: find the settings to turn them up! It's not a challenge, mine are good. For those of you who complain that it's full of bugs: that's a problem with your setup, mine is fine, but if in doubt wait for updates, perfect games don't get released. For those of you moaning about the controls: change them. That's not difficult either, mine are good. For those of you who claim there isn't enough to do? You're either joking, or haven't worked out that pressing 'new game' brings out a whole new world to play in. Great graphics, great gameplay, tons to do. Simple. Expand
  49. Dec 9, 2011
    To my big dismay i have no other option than changing my previous 9 to a zero.

To my big dismay i have no other option than changing my previous 9 to a zero.

I was very impressed with this game until it got a mandatory update through steam. Since then the game is unplayable. Errors and performance issues( had none of these problems) Even the update 1.3 to cancel the effects of updatge 1.2 did not work. So a shame really but a well deserved zero for a game that does not work anymore.
  50. Nov 11, 2011
    Brilliant, brilliant game. A few minor problems for the PC version though, in particular Weapon switching needs to be redone - its just pathetic compared to most games. But if you even just slightly liked Oblivion you will love Skyrim.
  51. Nov 11, 2011
    If you buy one game this year, this is the one to get, it's the best elder scrolls yet, minus the ui, and the graphical errors, it would be perfect, but those will get patched and modded out. Bottom line BUY THIS GAME
  52. Apr 5, 2013
    Even though the game has its drawbacks the story is quite poor, the quests often tedious and the voice acting sub par this game is still miles ahead of anything out there in terms of an open-world sandbox action RPG. Just the game world size and detail both exteriors and interiors earn this game a 10/10 in my book.
  53. Nov 11, 2011
    These people who gave Skyrim 0 / 10 are mentally retarded. If you rate the RPG game (300 hours long) after 30 mins of gaming your brains are pretty **** up. Skyrim is optimized pretty well and is much improved in comparison to Morrowind or Oblivion.
  54. Nov 11, 2011
    When The Witcher 2 first came out, I said that Skyrim couldn't possibly be better; well, ladies and gentlemen, I was wrong. Very,very wrong. The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim takes everything you loved about the previous titles and doubles it. Where to start? Oh, how about the world itself. Remember how big Oblivion and Morrowind were; in Skyrim, you could put both worlds into this game andWhen The Witcher 2 first came out, I said that Skyrim couldn't possibly be better; well, ladies and gentlemen, I was wrong. Very,very wrong. The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim takes everything you loved about the previous titles and doubles it. Where to start? Oh, how about the world itself. Remember how big Oblivion and Morrowind were; in Skyrim, you could put both worlds into this game and STILL have so much more to explore. Some say the quests and fighting is boring, but trust me, none of the quests are what they seem. There's a suprise waiting around every corner, and even finding a missing child or travelling to a village throw twists that would make M. Night Shyamlan say "Damn!" There are many games out there that just say "Do this, hero." without really giving your character any motivation at all. Well, if you want inspiration to be the strongest, toughest, smartest hero in all of Tamriel, just look up. I talk of course, about the dragons. As most of you know, your character is a dragonborn. I don't want to go into too much detail about it, but suffice it to say that the dragons are majorly pissed at you, and will sometimes attack you completely at random. Not bad enough? Sometimes you'll just be walking along with some peasants or hill giants, all of you just minding your own business, and then suddenly "BAM!" random dragon attack. These encounters are not only intense, but very rewarding. You see, each time you kill a dragon, you gain its soul. These souls are used to activate certain dragonian power words that are not only insanely powerful, but require absolutely no magika at all, just a set cooldown after each use. This also gives you plenty of inspiration to go exploring dungeons. At the end of caves or dungeons, there are a myriad of rewards. They could be an exotic weapon, a f***load of gold, or best of all, a new dragon power word to learn. So how will you go about doing all this awesome stuff? Will you sneak around like a shadowscale? Fight like a Blade? Or throw spells like a crazed Enchanter? Well, with the new dual wield and skill system, you can fight however you want. With dual wield, you can put any weapon in either hand (staff/sword, heal spell/fire spell, dual daggers, etc.) to make your own special combination. At first glance, the skill system looks almost the same, and yes, it even levels the same too, but it has been rewritten and is now far mor versatile than ever before. In fact, at the beginning, you only pick your race (the usual lot), and the rest develops along your own playstyle. The only really significant times the game ever forces you to play in one particular style is when you fight dragons, but otherwise I can't really complain too much. This brings up a few flaws in the game. First, as everyone had mentioned, the textures in the game do feel dated and rigid, and things can get a little repetitive. Though the conversations are suprisingly 3 dimensional, the NPCs still look stiff and akward when speaking. I will not mention the glitches of this game because there have been none that I've found, that do more than make you ask "WTF" for a second, and the few that still exist are probably just the result of "First Week Syndrome", so I won't take off for them. All in all, this game is a masterpiece of storytelling, action, and exploration that make the Witcher 2 look like Contra. Get this game, and you will never regret it. Expand
  55. Nov 11, 2011
    Skyrim, one of the most anticipated games of 2011 and well worthy of all the positive reviews. Many aspects of Skyrim have improved over Oblivion, changes made have been for the better, Bethesda are likely in for another Game Of The Year and here are a couple reasons why. The game mechanics and all specializations such as combat, stealth and magic have been greatly improved over theirSkyrim, one of the most anticipated games of 2011 and well worthy of all the positive reviews. Many aspects of Skyrim have improved over Oblivion, changes made have been for the better, Bethesda are likely in for another Game Of The Year and here are a couple reasons why. The game mechanics and all specializations such as combat, stealth and magic have been greatly improved over their predecessor, Oblivion. Not only is there much more to do this time around such as smith, get paid jobs and even get married, but all the details from the game have been enhanced further. An example of this is lock-picking, Bethesda have defiantly taken on feedback not just from Oblivion but Fallout 3 and have applied it successfully in Skyrim. Minor things such as adding animation to inanimate objects such as doors and chests as well as adding fog and smoke in caves and mines really adds to the whole atmosphere in a game. It's not all about the minor details of course, Bethesda have clearly used the talent of their new level designers, dungeons and caves feel are no longer linear like they were in Oblivion. The extensive use of puzzles as well as adding depth, forcing the player to explore in more upwards and downwards direction really makes the game feel a whole lot more natural and larger in size. There are also much less boring quests this time around, Bethesda have clearly put a strong emphasis on making the game feel as large and detailed as possible. The music also makes the game, the fantastic compositions by Jeremy Soule and superb voice acting by over 70 voice actors, make Skyrim worth buying alone. I could ramble all day by how fantastic this game is, even if you are one who dislikes the idea of a role-playing game or a free-roam game, I can assure you there's more to it that what it may initially appear to be. Expand
  56. Nov 11, 2011
    Holy crap!! Last night when I installed Skyrim on my beefy machine, my 4 other friends were sitting with me... It took awhile to get it started and after creating a character, (which by-the-way blew everyone's minds) we set out to explore. Within the 4 hours of playing, "Holy crap" was dropped more than a thousand times! Of course the more offensive word was used, but I figured you wouldHoly crap!! Last night when I installed Skyrim on my beefy machine, my 4 other friends were sitting with me... It took awhile to get it started and after creating a character, (which by-the-way blew everyone's minds) we set out to explore. Within the 4 hours of playing, "Holy crap" was dropped more than a thousand times! Of course the more offensive word was used, but I figured you would figure out that yourself.

It left us all in awe... Yes, thats right. AWE... I have more than 500 games on my computer. I am not kidding. 430 on Steam alone. No other game I have has had this impact. Sure, there are some games that simply look amazing, but Skyrim takes awesome, and turns up the awe to the point of mesmerizing.

Everyone's socks were blown right off into oblivion.

On a 27" monitor with 2 GTX590's this game is worth the investment I made. Until last night, my friends thought I was nuts to upgrade so heavily. They understand now. Oh yea, they understand perfectly well why I upgraded, and now all of them want the same system to play Skyrim. If you upgraded your computer you are going to witness an amazing game. To those that have old computers, well, its going to suck being you. The low ratings here are based upon people who have old computers.

Skyrim is simply a mind-blowing visual extravaganza. Holy crap...
  57. Nov 11, 2011
    One of the best RPGs (and arguably games) I have ever played - yes there are minor (very minor problems), but it gets so much right - engrossing story/conversations, stunning visuals and environment design, epic soundtrack, fun combat system - so fun in fact, many of my friends can't decide on the combination of weapons/magic to go for.

The controls are great and the 360 controller

The controls are great and the 360 controller integration makes it easy to sit back and relax.

A must buy!
  58. Nov 11, 2011
    Skyrim will definitely be Game of the Year. Best TES Game I ever played. Also the Steelbook, map of Skyrim and the coloured Manual are awesome. Buy it!
  59. Nov 11, 2011
    Open, grand, beautiful, rich and several other words have ebeen used to describe this game, and it is all true. A long awaited sequel, that delivers on every promise, which in it self is an achevement. Games like these are one in a billion.
  60. Nov 14, 2011
    The negative critics are rating the game off of **** You rate the game off of what it is and how the producers than brought that to life. It's like you're asking for a good steak from TGIF. 10/10 easy.
  61. Nov 11, 2011
    I like this type of games, I am a huge Morrowind and Oblivion fan, but after the first hours of game-play I must say that the user interface is just horrible as is the fighting and lock-picking.

I think this game has such high scores only because of its predecessors.
  62. Nov 12, 2011
    After playing for about 4 hours I realized that this game was way over hyped. After getting out of the starting zone, I killed a chicken outside in this small town. After that, I entered the house which is kind of your starting home base. A man inside attacked me because I hit the chicken (which he didn't see). I fought back and killed him, his wife and then started fighting myAfter playing for about 4 hours I realized that this game was way over hyped. After getting out of the starting zone, I killed a chicken outside in this small town. After that, I entered the house which is kind of your starting home base. A man inside attacked me because I hit the chicken (which he didn't see). I fought back and killed him, his wife and then started fighting my companion. The companion went to zero health which forced him on his knees, I kept attacking him with my sword but he wouldn't die, he then stood up with full health and kept attacking me. After realizing that this guy is immortal I had to flee the village...

A few negatives: even though the graphics look bad, my video card was still stressing and heated up to 75 degrees in certain areas. My card normally stays below 70 degrees even on much better looking games. The combat system is also a joke, doesn't feel like you're even hitting your opponents.
  63. Apr 26, 2015
    If Valve and Bethesda were truly concerned about modders getting their just due, would they be taking a 75% cut?

Like other paid content, are Valve and Bethesda going to provide QA, oversight, and ensure continued support for mods? Why change the implicit agreement e.g., free mods, with gamers who have already purchased Skyrim? The answers to these questions demonstrate that the

The answers to these questions demonstrate that the actions of Valve and Bethesda are disingenuous at best.
  64. Apr 3, 2013
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    A very good open-world free roam game allowing players to switch between 3rd Person as well as First Person. The story really engages you in a story plot that makes you feel like a real role-playing person. With nice visuals and movement, one thing i didn't like was the fact that one is unable to fast-travel without crossing a "certain" area before unlocking the destination for fast-travel. Therefore, a lot of walking is done in the earlier missions.
    For a year 2011 game, this has really done a good job and it is recommended for players who enjoy RPGs. (Role Playing Games)

As for the DLCs, there is currently quite some of it, and well worth the price if you liked the game. But i personally doesn't have that much of a patience to complete the whole game, as well as the time needed.

Lastly, don't forget that not many games have "endless" replay-a-bility after completing it. Skyrim provides at least a few hundred hours worth of gameplay and missions, enough to keep you engaged for a really long time if you are really liking the game of course.

9.5/10
  65. Apr 26, 2015
    The replayability of Bethesda games is legendary.. because of mods. This "modability" of their games have given them the best free(!) advertising any company could ever dream of. It's utterly disgusting that they try to get even more money from the people who GAVE them this exquisite form of advertisement in the first place.

NOT RECOMMENDED
  66. Mar 1, 2013
    I am a huge fan of RPGs, and I was really impressed with how this one turned out. It starts you off in the province of Skyrim where the land is in turmoil between a civil war, and dragons threatening to enslave man. You play as the dragonborn, the only person who can kill a dragon. This game has amazing lore and if you appreciate good writing, you won't get bored. It has a great levelingI am a huge fan of RPGs, and I was really impressed with how this one turned out. It starts you off in the province of Skyrim where the land is in turmoil between a civil war, and dragons threatening to enslave man. You play as the dragonborn, the only person who can kill a dragon. This game has amazing lore and if you appreciate good writing, you won't get bored. It has a great leveling up system from 16 skills and the more you practice each skill, the more powerful you become at it. You can create your own potions at alchemy labs, smith your own weapons and armor at forges, and then you can enchant them to be more powerful, you can even name them. If you get enough money, you can buy a house and put all of the items that you have collected from your adventures into it, wherever you want. The game allows you to go wherever you want whenever you want and there are no invisible walls. The sound tract is amazing, the graphics look great, especially considering how massive this game is. There are hundreds of different books that you can collect and you can read each one, some of them even upgrade your skills. As you become a greater hero, people start to sing songs about you in inns. The game feels very organic with realistic wildlife, where wolves hunt their pray. I usually don't say this, but the game is better to have on the xbox as it was originally designed for it. it is also has ,ore glitches on the PC version as well. I have clocked in a total of 200 hours yet I still find additional new side quests from time to time. If you are a fan of fantasy RPGs, I definitely recommend this one, above all others. Expand
  67. Nov 15, 2013
    This is my first time playing an Elder Scrolls game and I really enjoyed it...such a vast world to explore with lots of hidden nooks and crannies, interesting variability to the enemies present, a world filled with dragons, magic, and sexy sorceresses. I put a lot of time into this game exploring dungeons, searching for powerful masks, armor and weapons.
  68. Feb 1, 2013
    By far one of the better RPG's I have played, the world is immersive and really beautifully done.
    I will say that from an art perspective landscape wise I thought it was beautiful but after some heated debates I would have to say that the armor is mostly lacking with the exception of two sets.
  69. Feb 19, 2013
    This game is easily the best game I ever played and I played plenty! What makes this game so fantastic is the huge open world that is completely believable down to the last detail. You can spent hours and hours just wandering around and marvel at the beauties of Skyrim without following any quest and there is always something interesting to detect or something worth watching which youThis game is easily the best game I ever played and I played plenty! What makes this game so fantastic is the huge open world that is completely believable down to the last detail. You can spent hours and hours just wandering around and marvel at the beauties of Skyrim without following any quest and there is always something interesting to detect or something worth watching which you haven't noticed before. The cities are brimming with life and the people are so realistic and believable they almost feel real. The dungeons look absolutely fantastic and offer some of the most stunning sights to behold. The numerous quests in this game are very diversified, interesting and fun to do. The main story is very elaborate, suspenseful and offers some surprising twists. The sound is simply great and adds a lot to the overall atmosphere. The playtime lies at several 100 hours and since this game offers you so many possibilities and so many different ways to solve the quests and to develop your character you can easily play it a second and third time once you completed it without the game getting boring. There are a few minor bugs but since this game is so huge I consider them a very minor issue. All in all I recommend this great game to everyone and if you are a RPG-fan this is a MUST-PLAY! Expand
  70. Feb 20, 2013
    It is evident that lot of work went into this game. This game is stunning, it has amazing graphics, great story and quests. Even though you do encounter glitches now and again, it's nothing that cannot be fixed in some way... There is simply nothing like this game.
  71. Feb 22, 2013
    "EPICKA FANTASY POWRACA" i się nie mylili. Gra posiada 75 osiągnięć Steam i 94 ze skali od jeden do stu. System: walki i kamery mnie zaintrygował. Jednym słowem polecam Wam kupno tej epickiej fantasy!
  72. Mar 7, 2013
    Great fun, but not quite a 10. Now that most the bugs have been ironed out by patches the only things that stick out as flaws are the repetitive voice actors and the fact that the 'world' doesn't seem to notice you moving from convict lowlife to savior of humanity in the way they interact with you.

If you haven't tried Skyrim yet, because maybe you've been on Mars or Afghanistan, it is definitely worth picking up.
  73. Mar 7, 2013
    Skyrim is beautiful and huge. There are so many things to explore that I still haven't seen the whole map, or done even close to half of the story missions. I originally purchased this game for PS3 and rate it a zero because of freezes, lag, slow saves and loads. But on PC there are none of these problems. Lesson learned.
  74. Apr 19, 2013
    First Elder Scrolls Game I've played and it wants me to delve more into the lore found in other games.
    I have put up about 150-175 Hours of gameplay here ever since the release.
    I have put up about 150-175 Hours of gameplay here ever since the release.

With it's simple yet immersive presentation combined with brand new engine (thankfully it doesn't have bugs and huge errors) The Elder Scrolls Skyrim as definitely a major hit in 2011, with basic sword combat with some really basic attacks but I think this was done to give the player his own style in fighting and creating his own combos in combat, Magic... though I haven't played or started a magic type character that much, it has and shows some good stuff that makes the character develop his own skills in magic whether it's Destruction or some other magic classes like Restoration. Character creation is also unique in it's own way... though, in some cases the NPCs are kindof a rushed but this only happens if like one NPC has the same hair or facial hair (sometimes both). But really now, it's not like you're going to look at and remember every single face of an NPC and ask yourself "Wait, this one looks like that other guy from that other Place." Chances of this happening are pretty slim. Also to add this game is fully loaded with side quests, POIs, challenges and even fun Easter Eggs that are sure fun to poke around with when you're done with the main quests.

(I know it's a little late to do a Review for a game that was released in 2011)
  75. Apr 21, 2013
    Skyrim is by far the best single player first person perspective RPG on the planet.

This game offers a ton of freedom to play your character how you want to play it.

I am so glad to have play Skyrim even though I am from Spain and dont speak so good english.
  76. Apr 26, 2013
    This game was so much fun if you know how to mod, With that aside The story line's are very buggy and even some of the mechanics are buggy too. But this is kind of expected with Elder Scrolls games because the world is so huge and there is just so much work put into these games but it is just not enough before they release them. Anyhow I really enjoyed hundreds of hours on this game -1This game was so much fun if you know how to mod, With that aside The story line's are very buggy and even some of the mechanics are buggy too. But this is kind of expected with Elder Scrolls games because the world is so huge and there is just so much work put into these games but it is just not enough before they release them. Anyhow I really enjoyed hundreds of hours on this game -1 point for bugs. Expand
  77. May 8, 2013
    Already played this for about 846 hours, i played this everyday.
    -Pros:
    -Big world to explore
    -Many quest that could burn away your free time
    -Many races
    -Many weapons
    -Good graphics

this is not really a con, but the AI in this game is not the best, but its good.
  78. Jul 23, 2013
    Perfection of the highest order. I loved TES series before Skyrim and this just culminates everything I love into one game. The story is epic and draws you in. The world is detailed, and the combat is excellent crafted. If you love RPG's or action game, then do not miss this one. No other game has me coming back quite like this one. Everything I turn o the game, even though I've playedPerfection of the highest order. I loved TES series before Skyrim and this just culminates everything I love into one game. The story is epic and draws you in. The world is detailed, and the combat is excellent crafted. If you love RPG's or action game, then do not miss this one. No other game has me coming back quite like this one. Everything I turn o the game, even though I've played ~200ish hours, I always find something new or some new place to explore. Expand
  79. Apr 4, 2013
    At the moment of writing this I have over 86 hours played in this game and still I'm not even near 50% of completion. Dragons, swords, bows, magic, being the chosen one in a land full of mistery, I mean, what else do you need in a game? The gameplay is perfect, the graphics are gorgeous except for the ocassional shadow glitch, but nothing you can't fix with a mod and it has SteamAt the moment of writing this I have over 86 hours played in this game and still I'm not even near 50% of completion. Dragons, swords, bows, magic, being the chosen one in a land full of mistery, I mean, what else do you need in a game? The gameplay is perfect, the graphics are gorgeous except for the ocassional shadow glitch, but nothing you can't fix with a mod and it has Steam Workshop for easy mod installation to make it even longer and better and prettier.

Each DLC is worth every single cent, because it expands the gameplay A LOT, and by A LOT, take my word, I mean several hours more for you to waste on this game. Even though it has the bugs you can expect in a game developed by Bethesda and yes, there are lots of bugs and glitches you DON'T EVEN CARE because THE GAME IS SO AWESOME you'll not be paying attention to the bugs.

A giant map, literally thousands of quests to do, skills to master, monsters to kill, books to read, dragons to slay, spells to learn, and places to explore, from dungeons to towns, a lot of replayability believe me, you won't finish this game with only one character, you will be creating several to choose every single side possible in each conflict and making each choice you can to learn the whole story a magnificent lore, and the amount of mods available, make this game along with its DLCs and expansions one of the BEST GAMES EVER and a MUST BUY, from casual to hardcore gamers.
  80. May 2, 2015
    Update: thanks Valve and Bethesda for removing paid mods. :)
    Skyrim is one of the best RPGs ever made (when mods are used). Cannot wait for the next TES game.
  81. Nov 16, 2011
    This game looks amazing. It's worth the money and I feel it has that replayability to it. There are lots of things to do in Skyrim. You can smith your own armor, enchant your weapons, train in magic AND use swords, axes, hammers, bows and more. I'm going to play this game til 2099.
  82. Nov 19, 2011
    Never have I played a game so immersive as Skyrim. Skyrim is full of life and personality and allows you the freedom of playing the way you want.

I've played over 80 hours of mostly exploring and doing side quests. Even side quests are interesting stories that affect the world. I will easily put over 300 hours in one save. Then I'll start over and play again. I have a few complaints

I have a few complaints though. No 1-9 hotkeys for switching weapons, excessive loading while exploring the world and some NPCs are unkillable.
  83. Nov 23, 2011
    Great game: awesome atmosphere, great sounds in couple words its a masterpiece of Bethesda. Its just awesome. Filling the rest becouse i need 150 characters.
  84. Nov 24, 2011
    I really can't understand all of these review that go against the graphics, I am sorry to say that this is because of your computer not the game. I had the graphics turned up to ultra and they look next generation easily. The dungeon design improves massively upon oblivion with proper dungeons taking anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours and dwemer/dwarven ruins are back. I played for 60I really can't understand all of these review that go against the graphics, I am sorry to say that this is because of your computer not the game. I had the graphics turned up to ultra and they look next generation easily. The dungeon design improves massively upon oblivion with proper dungeons taking anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours and dwemer/dwarven ruins are back. I played for 60 hours before I finished the main quest line. Expand
  85. Nov 24, 2011
    Skyrim is not just a game - it is a critical step in the evolution of gaming as we know it. I have beaten the game's 'main quest' four days ago. Still cannot pry myself away from the incredible world development. I find myself interested in trivial characters' doings. I find myself just drifting with the ebb and flow of what seems to be an incredibly advanced simulation of reality. SkyrimSkyrim is not just a game - it is a critical step in the evolution of gaming as we know it. I have beaten the game's 'main quest' four days ago. Still cannot pry myself away from the incredible world development. I find myself interested in trivial characters' doings. I find myself just drifting with the ebb and flow of what seems to be an incredibly advanced simulation of reality. Skyrim isn't about a linear storyline - for you ADD queefs, GTFO. This isn't a quick fix. This is simply an incredibly gorgeous world with the closest to real characters I have seen in a game. I begrudgingly state that as a filmmaker, I may have tread in the wrong industry. Expand
  86. Nov 26, 2011
    This game has everything the rpg player want !
    I have play this game more than 130 hours on steam and i LOVE IT
    The elder scrolls is the only game that it gets better and better ! They did what we ask they put everything we was talking about they fix everything that wasnt working good from the oblivion and now for the first time i see ppl traveling !!! No i am not talking about some
    This game has everything the rpg player want !
    I have play this game more than 130 hours on steam and i LOVE IT
    The elder scrolls is the only game that it gets better and better !
    No i am not talking about some hunters or some guards i am talking about ppl from ur guild (like the companions) u can spot them traveling (its a little bit hard to find them ) they go and do stuff the dragons are here and they can come to u anytime anywhere how cool is that?
    if u are low lvl or weak u need to run hide and do stuff to escape or if u are strong u can fight it u can shout to make force him to land ! and now u can be what u want to be and u can just be good at everything !! a lot of perks a lot of quest a lot of stuff to find ! ok i cant talk now i am going to play it !
  87. Nov 26, 2011
    Current Play Time: 52 Hours
    Review: Excellent
    Graphic's: 8/10 Sound effects and music: 9.5/10 Voice acting 8/10 Gameplay: 9/10 Content: 10/10 Controls: 9/10 Interface: 6/10 Replayability: 10/10 Value for money: 9.5/10 Overall an excellent game worth the £29.75 I paid for it. The interface is very poor as its a console port and quick swaping weapons/spells is terrible. However
    Current Play Time: 52 Hours
    Controls: 9/10
    Interface: 6/10
    Replayability: 10/10
    Value for money: 9.5/10

Overall an excellent game worth the £29.75 I paid for it. The interface is very poor as its a console port and quick swaping weapons/spells is terrible. However these are small issues as im sure they will get modded ON THE PC (HAHA to consoles who pay £50 for a game then have to pay for the DLC and can't mod the game)
  88. Dec 3, 2011
    I didn't like SKYRIM, until I GOT HIT BY AN ARROW IN THE KNEE, y'know made me open my eyes then i was like what a beautiful game?, i shoulda bought Oblivion but i have skyrim now it dosen't matter the game is a very well done piece of RPG Western at it's finest, can the other RPG's knock Skyrim? who know's but only complaint is the world feels empty as times.
  89. Dec 3, 2011
    A huge game in the tradition of Bethesda's memorable previous works of art. I have barely scratched the surface of Skyrim and have already gone through tons of immersive content. Truly an alternate world for one to lose himself into. I cannot understand how some users are giving it a 0 score. I think they are on the pay role of Bethesda's competitors. Sore losers!
  90. Dec 3, 2011
    I'm pretty sure the 189 people who gave this a bad review are trolling like crazy. Not even sure why I'm defending it...The 1480 people and 21 critics who love it pretty much let it speak for itself. Everyone who has something bad to say seem to be hating on the PC version of it...I've got the PC version and it runs flawlessly. On Ultra High Quality graphics. I think in 58 hours of playI'm pretty sure the 189 people who gave this a bad review are trolling like crazy. Not even sure why I'm defending it...The 1480 people and 21 critics who love it pretty much let it speak for itself. Everyone who has something bad to say seem to be hating on the PC version of it...I've got the PC version and it runs flawlessly. On Ultra High Quality graphics. I think in 58 hours of play I've had 2 crashes. Which are never a problem since the game autosaves like every 5 minutes. Every time you go to a new area. This is my first actual PC game purchase (Since I just finished my first build about 4 months ago) Brand new to PC gaming, I tried to play with the mouse and keyboard and get used to it. I got a little bit frustrated because I had to keep looking down at the keys, but I still got the hang of it for the most part. I prefer my 360 controller because I've been an Xbox gamer for years, but I didn't despise the keyboard and mouse. It just wasn't for me. I even liked the F5 quicksave. In fact, I used it all the time even when using my controller. The graphics are beautiful at Ultra High Quality setting. I can see trees and lakes miles away, then actually travel to that lake and swim in it. People are also complaining that Bethesda uses mods as a way to improve their next game. Not sure I understand that very much. To me, it seems like making it easy for modders to mod and tweak their game to give Bethesda ideas for later games should be a major plus. Modders get to mod, Bethesda learns from the mods, and players see the results in later games. Everybody is happy. Oh, and I noticed most of the reviews about bugs were on the DAY IT WAS RELEASED. A game this massive and expansive is going to be buggy. As of today, I've already gotten 2 updates for the game fixing a ton of those bugs. Which means they jumped on it as soon as possible. Beta test all you want, you'll never find all the bugs until you get thousands and thousands of people playing. Expand
  91. Dec 6, 2011
    Simply one of the best games ever made. It has many quirks and bugs, but the same can be said for all previous elder scrolls games, and it's part of their charm. There are some more serious bugs that do need patching soon, however the community has created mods and workarounds for the most part, which is again another reason why this series is so great (and why you should get it on PC!).Simply one of the best games ever made. It has many quirks and bugs, but the same can be said for all previous elder scrolls games, and it's part of their charm. There are some more serious bugs that do need patching soon, however the community has created mods and workarounds for the most part, which is again another reason why this series is so great (and why you should get it on PC!). With the official mod tools coming in January and some DLC no doubt on the horizon, this game is set to be entertaining for hundreds of hours. Expand
  92. Nov 26, 2011
    I started with Daggerfall many years ago, and enjoyed Morrowind and Oblivion too -- Skyrim does _not_ disappoint. I am playing on an underpowered laptop with lowest graphics settings, and it's STILL engrossing. It's very immersive and quite simply entertaining -- it will eat up the hours as you complete quests and generally wander around, finding new and interesting things around almostI started with Daggerfall many years ago, and enjoyed Morrowind and Oblivion too -- Skyrim does _not_ disappoint. I am playing on an underpowered laptop with lowest graphics settings, and it's STILL engrossing. It's very immersive and quite simply entertaining -- it will eat up the hours as you complete quests and generally wander around, finding new and interesting things around almost every corner. I only awarded 9/10 because of a few bugs/glitches, and things such as: not really any dialogue choices, too many NPCs are flagged as "essential" and are unkillable, no proper incentive to eat or sleep, and destruction magic being underpowered at higher levels. But these are small nitpicks in a really entertaining game! It's just fun to play, to explore, to quest, to kill things and level up, to buy a house, visit new cities, slay dragons, etc. etc. Overall this is a very solid RPG game with interesting quests left-right-and-centre. I have already got my AUS$90 worth and I'm only about 40 hours in. I expect to hit 100 hours easily with this game. Recommended! 9/10 Expand
  93. Nov 26, 2011
    Same premise as other Bethesda games with the non-vital central story line and unlimited opportunity to set you own goals and define your own criteria for success. I guess for those with no imagination and needing to be hand held down a specific path this is a negative but for me, being able to give free range to ones own imagination is what play is all about. Visually stunning even on aSame premise as other Bethesda games with the non-vital central story line and unlimited opportunity to set you own goals and define your own criteria for success. I guess for those with no imagination and needing to be hand held down a specific path this is a negative but for me, being able to give free range to ones own imagination is what play is all about. Visually stunning even on a laptop. Dungeon crawls are a big improvement over the mind numbing bi chromatic monotony of Oblivion. Use of a rich mix of design elements makes every dungeon feel different even though one knows they have to reuse elements in a design this massive. Despite all the complaints, the only significant issue I have had is the classic memory leak issue which can lead to CTD every few hours if not managed. As long as you leave and re-enter every few hours or whenever you see signs of texture rendering not being correct it runs fine even on higher settings. Fully immersing and enjoyable. I am 150 hours in and have not gone past half way on any major quest lines. Just too much fun stuff to do. Expand
  94. Dec 3, 2011
    I have been playing RPG games since the dawn of time and Elder Scrolls IMHO has always been the best FP RPG by a clear mile. This is an excellent follow on from the superb Oblivion. The graphics are beautiful, the geography stunning and the main plot interesting, drawing on what we all ready know about the Elder Scrolls universe. The lack of real character classes, with players choosingI have been playing RPG games since the dawn of time and Elder Scrolls IMHO has always been the best FP RPG by a clear mile. This is an excellent follow on from the superb Oblivion. The graphics are beautiful, the geography stunning and the main plot interesting, drawing on what we all ready know about the Elder Scrolls universe. The lack of real character classes, with players choosing development via their actions is excellent. I personally miss all the scores for intelligence etc, but its a minor point as the simplified perks and magicka, health, stamina model works well. The game is not perfect however, with your actions in the war not really changing people demeanor towards you. The theft system is also flawed, as it was in Oblivion, with some objects just being there for the taking. Say hi to the leader of the town, rob him blind, hang out for a little with his trinkets in your pockets, no one notices or cares. Especially weird if your publicly a paid up member of his worst enemy. No problem in Skyrim for some reason. IMHO however the game is an RPG, so you have to have a little imagination, and if you have its an excellent experience. My main gripe is that there seems to be less variety of content (clothes etc) than in Oblivion - I am guessing this is due to the game being primarily developed for console. I await some clothes mods from the community. I would have so much respect for a company that did not dumb down games on PC - come on guys, PC's should be the pinnacle, with reduced content for the consoles, don't set the bar at the lowest possible denominator. Expand
  95. Nov 17, 2011
    Considering this game is a console port, i feel visually it was more than adequate to give you the sense of scale and beauty Bethesda have clearly worked very hard on in Skyrim. its never going to win graphics awards for its character models and imperfect field of view loading distances, but even after playing bf3 this month, at no time did i ever think less of this game based on itsConsidering this game is a console port, i feel visually it was more than adequate to give you the sense of scale and beauty Bethesda have clearly worked very hard on in Skyrim. its never going to win graphics awards for its character models and imperfect field of view loading distances, but even after playing bf3 this month, at no time did i ever think less of this game based on its visuals. the sheer scale of content visible, the impressive arctic landscape and beautiful skies more than make up for any imperfections down on an individual scale. The story telling is rich and holds lots of depth, i found quests stacked up very very fast almost to the point of confusion, but i'm holding this totally down to my want of exploring every area of the landscape before moving on rather than zig-zagging around Skyrim. the quests are mixed, ranging from the tedious collection of boring items to complex and skilled assassination or theft quests that almost make u reload and try them again from a different angle whether u complete them or not. the variety of voices is much improved from oblivion and tho not perfect as most of the guards speak the same and a even a few main characters share the same voice/accent i feel based on the sheer scale of different npc in this game they have added enough variety to be reasonable. With all RPG games there is a balance between stats level and player skill when it comes to combat. WOW has it based very heavily on the stats u have worked up rather than any players skill with a mouse and keyboard. elder scrolls have added in a requirement for a lot of mouse controlled skill. meaning u do at least stand a chance against an enemy who dwarfs you on stats. in skyrim this is no different although i never really noticed any change in damage based on the location you hit an enemy other than in the front or in the back. this was most apparant with bows, as aiming for a harder headshot didnt seem to reward you over hitting the enemy in the torso, even if they where wearing armour but had their head uncovered. however a hit with an arrow through the face was always satisfying, even if that character then proceeded to chase you down the mountain side with it handing from their cheek. Using melee weapons nearly always became a hack n slash affair unless you were in sneak and managed to get some very satisfying throat slit one hit kills. i do feel on the whole it could be greatly improved to benefit players skill with the improved stats helping you along, rather than weapon and armor stats being loosely aimed via mouse at the creature u wanted to try and kill.

visual and game play bugs were always going to be an issue with a game made up of so much varied content. this said, other than a few flashy green screens in the odd dungeon for a few seconds, ive not found a glitch yet that hindered my game play. Having bottles and plates randomly fly across the room and no npc characters bat an eyelid at it has its comic value, equaly does a mammoth being blasted 500 foot into the air or a bandit still telling you how "you will never leave skyrim alive", right in the middle of HIS death animation. these things only add to the smile on my face while playing this game. worse issue in the game by far is the horses, they help with nothing, the minor speed boost to travel around isnt worth the effort of paying 1000gold considering once u have found somewhere u can fast travel, so u would only be on the horse if u were exploring for the first time, in which case your going to be getting on and off talking to people or attacking baddies. and when u do find something that wants to eat ur face the horse turns into Braveheart and runs off at it, unless its a rabbit it normal gets itself killed and ur left with a horse pelt u paid a grand for!

in conclusion, an awesomely visual and depthy game that gives you something to do for weeks and weeks. a few annoyances some may have with bugs are to be expected soon after launch and with a reasonable combat system, but one that sadly that lacks any real skill and has a horrible/lengthy weapon change system. the annoyances are more than made up for by the world and story in which you can immerse yourself
  96. Nov 19, 2011
    Do im 55 hours into the game. I have played a Thief/Assassin type character and a warrior character, both feel like 2 different games. Honestly I have not be addicted to a game like this ever before. This is GOTY for me. I am lost in the exploration of Skyrim, and around every corner is something new and unique to discover. This is a true PC game. From the amount of gameplay to the funDo im 55 hours into the game. I have played a Thief/Assassin type character and a warrior character, both feel like 2 different games. Honestly I have not be addicted to a game like this ever before. This is GOTY for me. I am lost in the exploration of Skyrim, and around every corner is something new and unique to discover. This is a true PC game. From the amount of gameplay to the fun factor of modding and tweaking the game to make it more of your own. 10/10 Expand
  97. Dec 2, 2011
    I'd never imagine myself enjoying a 1st person role-playing game but with all the hype I decided to give it a shot. From the very start I got completely hooked. I haven't finished it yet, and I got the feeling I'm not even close and I've spent 100 hours (I take my precious time enjoying every pixel of every scenery).

I've been reading some complaints though about bugs and things not

I've been reading some complaints though about bugs and things not working and I'm really curious about what these bugs might be that make people so angry. The bugs I've encountered are minor and the fact that this game is so immensly huge I really don't care about them. I'd rather have a huge world to explore with some random bugs than a tiny little excuse of a "Story Mode" which is flawless.

Recently alot of new exciting games have been released but so far none can match the gametime, depth and experience Skyrim can offer. I have no idea when I'm gonna complete the game but I don't think it will be any time soon. And after I do finish the game, I'm gonna have another go at it. This time playing another role.

I actually created an account on metacritic just to write this review because I think Bethesda deserves the feedback. If this is the new standard for how future game should be like, then we do indeed have a bright future ahead of us. I can only imagine the amount of hours and efforts put into making such a huge universe. If anyone praticipating in creating this game is reading this review, well I would like to say thank you so much for making me feel there's still hope in the gaming industry.
  98. Nov 14, 2011
    A lot of these reviews contain complaints about the UI. Don't get stuck on small issues like this. Ya its built for consoles but despite that, this game is great. The graphics are not the best, especially after we all played BF3, however the actual world is stunning and beautiful. I like all the new combat mechanics seen in this game. I don't think I will ever get tired of sneaking up onA lot of these reviews contain complaints about the UI. Don't get stuck on small issues like this. Ya its built for consoles but despite that, this game is great. The graphics are not the best, especially after we all played BF3, however the actual world is stunning and beautiful. I like all the new combat mechanics seen in this game. I don't think I will ever get tired of sneaking up on someone and slitting their throat. The quest literally go on forever. The world is huge. You have complete power on how you experience this game. That is why skyrim is a great game. Yes there are some glitches but I don't those into account when reviewing games anymore unless they are game breaking. What release doesn't have glitches anyway? All in all if you like rpg's and you like to play the game your own way then buy this game! The content is massive, the detail is nothing short of amazing, and the experiences are just plain fun. Definitely my choice for game of the year. Expand
  99. Nov 15, 2011
    In my opinion this is the best game of the series of scrolls. Graphics up to date. Huge options for the main character. I hope for large-scale additions.
  100. Nov 18, 2011
    This is the first Elder Scroll game I have played, and I regret that I haven't dipped in before. I have been in love with this game since the moment i walked into it's beautiful world. I have no past bias, no delusions that this game doesn't have rough edges. There are bugs, some funny, some ugly, but the sheer wonder and joy inherent in the game are excellent. After years of playingThis is the first Elder Scroll game I have played, and I regret that I haven't dipped in before. I have been in love with this game since the moment i walked into it's beautiful world. I have no past bias, no delusions that this game doesn't have rough edges. There are bugs, some funny, some ugly, but the sheer wonder and joy inherent in the game are excellent. After years of playing MMOs and Linear storyline type games, this open ended rpg has won a special place in my heart. Expand
  101. Nov 13, 2011