8.4

1. Jan 7, 2012
    One of the best rpg ever... It's a great game that has some minor flaws that are overshadowed by awesomeness. If you haven't played it yet, you are missing a lot. GO GET IT NOW!
  2. Jan 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Simply....amazing. The graphics are amazing, combat, at least for me, is exciting and the best out of fallout or oblivion. Very good story that kept me wanting to find out what happens next, and and overwhelming amount of quests. To this day i have noot finished all of them and i have played it for hours on end. The gameplay was just stunning. For example, I was walking around in the capital city of Skyrim when I deciced to kill some random person, just for the fun of it. After the deed was done, I fleed from the many guards that were chasing me with there weapons drawn, and also the guys wife. A few game days after I escaped, 4 Hired thugs approched me and told me that some one wanted me dead. After killing them with the use of cheats, (I died to many times to count) I read a note on one of there bodies. The note was a bounty on me, and the person who issued the bounty, was, amazingly, the wife of the guy I murdered. This is just one of the few amazing things that happen in the game. There are a couple of glitches in the game, some fatal, so you might need to save often, but that is a small price to pay. If your looking for a good game to play, definatly play this one. Expand
  3. Jan 8, 2012
    Skyrim, my game of the year 2011! The game is addictive, fun and there is so much to do in it, this is why I don't mind the bugs skyrim has. I have played the game for over 100 hours already and the game can only become better when the creation kit will be released this month.
  4. Jan 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Skyrim is possibly the best game I have ever played. You can wonder off into any direction and find something. The gameplay is half-linear and the game world is massive. The conversations between people on the street are almost realistic. It has made a huge leap from oblivion with dragons and better leveling. You could become a hired assassin or an arch-mage. The main quest which starts off as you finding out you are the dragonborn and ends with the defeat of alduin and lots of stuff in between. The civil war quests were fun with lots of killing (which is good). i give this game a 10/10. Expand
  5. Jan 12, 2012
    What drew me into this game, and has kept me playing for 100+ hours is the immersion factor. You feel as if you are part of a genuine world with real characters and locations. Even though I have completed the main quest there is still lots to do and I am contemplating restarting as a different character to make different choices to see how that plays out. Crafting is particularly wellWhat drew me into this game, and has kept me playing for 100+ hours is the immersion factor. You feel as if you are part of a genuine world with real characters and locations. Even though I have completed the main quest there is still lots to do and I am contemplating restarting as a different character to make different choices to see how that plays out. Crafting is particularly well done and fits into the game seamlessly without being a chore.

The downsides which are preventing me from giving the game a 10/10 is the clunky world map. It is looks over functionality and I would often get lost as the roads are not displayed. Also, the UI is not brilliant, particularly when you gain a level and pick new skills.

In general I would totally recommend this game for the heart pounding dragon fights, companions, compelling quests, beautiful graphics and believable world.
  6. Jan 12, 2012
    I will try to review the different aspects of the game. Also i will show you my point of view to some points of critizism by others, especially the comparison to oblivion.

Grafics and scenery: The graphics are allready very good. Max. resolutuion is 1920x 1080. The scenery is genuine and i have the impression, each part of the map is unique. I dont get the feeling its repeating. Especially the dungeons are very nice and u never know, what lurks behind the next corner Some ppl say its even inferior to Oblivion, well, i can defenitely say, its not. Storyline: Well the main story line is quite..., flat! There are tons of side quests, and i mean tons. So concerning the storIES (main and side) its up to your liking if you like it this way or if you would prefer a huge story with not so many, or at least LESS side than main questing! Personally i prefer a huge story with different ways of solving it, so to me this is a flaw. If you are more an adventurer, going through the world, to see what it has for you, well this is it! Questing in general: Well, some quests are really repeating: Kill boss in Cave A. Bring this to place B. But some quests are really interessting. But i have to admit, to me it seems, quests in Oblivion have been a little bit better. Not much, but its defenitely not a step forward. IMO with only little efforts, questing could have been highly improved, with the new characters and nicely created dungeons.

NPC's: Their has been a lot of criticism "they are repeating", "characters are static", "they talk nonsense" and so on. To be honest: In some cases its true. But i nver saw a rpg so far, where the npc act like a real human and u cant see no difference no more. To me, its defenitely a step forward then to oblivion. The way they stand, sit or talk loks to ma at times quite real. You just cant demand, that this must be 100% during the entire game. Thats simply unrealistic. To me it creates a world with some depth. What i miss though, are more genuine or maybe crazy characters, that you dont forget anmyore and meet in different parts of the world.

Fight system: Well, no big difference to oblivion. As a ranged attacker like i am, its even more difficult than before. Even animals dodge my fireballs! Even in close combat, its hard at times to hit the enemy, cause hes jumping from left to right and my companion walks into my flash. Do i complain about it? No! Does your opponent in real life sit and wait? Of course hes dodging. Ok, dodging animals is not okay afaic!

Magic System & leveling: It has been changed alot, but its not completely different than before. Also this has been an aspect of alot of criticism, and i have to say: Again its about your likings! Most of the oblivion skills have been kept, but the character atributes are completely wiped out! Strength? What for. Intelligence? Who cares. THIS is really a step back IMO. Differences with effects on the skills are only from the race your playing, e.g. more magic, if your an elf. So all elfs know the same magic? All nords can carry the same load? Very bold thesis! The only atributes left are magic, life and endurance which you can push ONE for 10 points each levelup. So since there are no more attributes, it doenst matter anymore which skills you have to push (like in oblivion). You can skill all, if you want with the same speed. No more main skills. Probably this was the intention and you you are skilling to your playing style. Additionally they invented the perks, so you can boost some of your skills with those perks to get additional special skills, e.g. youre fire spells are stronger in general. And ADDITIONALLY you get the dragon shouts, special shouts, which are basically similar like the magic skills. In all this is a step forward in MY opinion. I allways used to play a thief fire mage, and finally i can (ok, i am an old school d&d player) So final conclusion: I kinda like the new system, but it couldve been better.

Balancing: Yeah, there are some issues about it. Dragons should be harder. Why am i fighting the first dragon at level 6? Even a giant seems to be harder!

Interface: It was written for game console, i read and it is indeed crappy! Thank god, the modders invented some mods, which makes it 100% better. Bethesda: That was CRAP!

Bugs: It runs fine at my system. No crashes. Still a few left, but nothing that destroyes the game. Modding scene: Why should i take this into my review? Because its there AND it makes the game more interesting, especially in the aspect of long term motivation. If it was planned or not? I dont know, but the result is the same. The scene will give you alot of enhancements of the game in EVERY aspect!

In total i still give it 9 points. Why? (I still criticized quite some things). Well, to me oblivion was a 10 so IT IS a step back. And the modders also were responsible for 2 points! But i dont know any better rpg on the market then TES. I would defenetely recommend this game!
  7. Jan 14, 2012
    An impressive feat showing what the gaming industry is capable of. The new engine is a massive improvement over the old one and it allows for some amazing landscapes and more impressive environments. Though the mechanics are pretty much the same as the earlier games. Many different things have been upgraded and improved. Inducing the new switcheroo weapon/magic system which features aAn impressive feat showing what the gaming industry is capable of. The new engine is a massive improvement over the old one and it allows for some amazing landscapes and more impressive environments. Though the mechanics are pretty much the same as the earlier games. Many different things have been upgraded and improved. Inducing the new switcheroo weapon/magic system which features a bio-shock(Esq) hand movements and casting . The radiant A.I allows for unlimited quests, though in retrospect these do seem a little repetitive after a while as they are mostly go here and fetch the item or go here and defeat the dragon. Though they are the same the dungeons are always new and exciting and the fantastic dragon A.I keeps it fresh and exciting. The story Itself in my opinion is a better improvement over oblivion and goes back to Morrowind's roots. and the battles and quests could not be more epic. Even so it has it's downfalls, like many games this large it can have a large number of bugs, though many of these can be fixed with a patch and if you have it on PC you can definitely get an unofficial bug-fix for your problem. The menu's on the PC are a little irritating to flick through showing that the console to PC porting process was most probably done in absent mind. Even so this can be remedied by mods that you can download off the internet for free, and once again the mod support from the community (the nexus community especially) has been amazing and the best experience for this game is on the PC . Though you will need a relatively good gaming rig to pull the game along smoothly. Overall the game is a massive improvement on oblivion, graphically, game-play and story wise. Though the game does have it's shortcomings (mainly with bugs that CAN be fixed) and the combat system can seem a little tedious and irritating at times. It is an awesome game that definitely gives you your bang for your buck, especially if you get it on the PC. If you haven't played oblivion you don't really need to but many references may seem confusing at first, making the game harder to get into, but it's well worth it, and if you really feeling out of the loop you can look up extensive lore online or simply play oblivion which is still good for it's time even now. Expand
  8. Jan 18, 2012
    with 212 hours spent on this game (2 playthroughs) its gonna be pretty obvious that I love it.
    (i'm playing with a 360 controller) I agree with the people who say the pc control system is terrible.
    I tried keyboard and mouse for the first hour or so and it was a chore to say the least. bethesda should be ashamed. it was pc gamers who put them where they are today yet they fail to do any

bethesda should be ashamed. it was pc gamers who put them where they are today yet they fail to do any optimization of the interface for us loyal pc gamers. however it is a fantastic game, there is so much you can do. the fact that you can level yourself up and make weapons and armour that are better than what you can find in the game is a BIG bonus if you ask me and not as others have stated a flaw. you get a great sense of achievement when you wipe out a team of enemies with weapons you have crafted yourself.

the game is not without its flaws. the wooden npc's spouting the same lines over and over becomes a bit annoying, the fact that you can't craft an amazing bow but you can't make arrows to go with it, the sometimes dodgy animation. the swordplay isn't that great either, but seeing as i tend to play as a sneaky archer it doesn't really bother me.

it won't be a game for everybody, if you like your action thick and fast stay away as there is a lot of exploring to be done where not much happens other than the odd bear or wolf attacking you.
    in this day and age of the average game lasting 8-10 hours and you ending up feeling ripped off, skyrim has the depth to keep you entertained for hundreds of hours
    you need to invest a lot of time in skyrim to get the best from it.
    you get a hell of a lot of game for your money.
  9. Feb 29, 2012
    A vast improvement over Oblivion, however still plagued with bugs, from the immersion-breaking to the game-breaking, and there's upcoming DLC.
    Graphics are decent, but washed out, desaturated and dirty brown.
    Gameplay is better, but has been simplified for the mass sheep.
  10. Mar 3, 2012
    I did not play the previous versions of the game series, but decided to give this game a try based on the overwhelmingly positive response this particular title received. When I first loaded the game after spending a whopping $59.99, I was not disappointed with a eye-popping eye candy. Craggy rocks, very realistic flowing water, ultra-detailed characters, and the list goes on. AfterI did not play the previous versions of the game series, but decided to give this game a try based on the overwhelmingly positive response this particular title received. When I first loaded the game after spending a whopping $59.99, I was not disappointed with a eye-popping eye candy. Craggy rocks, very realistic flowing water, ultra-detailed characters, and the list goes on. After playing this for a while, I noticed the game is little more than a bunch of "fight this", "fetch that" sequence of missions scattered all over a very large map. Not that I mind that, but the story lines are thin and haphazard. More challenging puzzles in caverns, keeps and the like would have made this game a lot better as well. Overall, this game is very nice, but it certainly is not the best by any means at all. What really brought down my score is the sheer number of bugs in the game. Broken quests, buggy caves and wonky character interactions. Expand
  11. Mar 7, 2012
    Great game despite some pretty obvious flaws, plenty of bugs and the fact that I had to mod the graphics from the start to make it look halfway decent. Main quest is too short as always from Bethesda but it does deliver while leaving ample room to continue the story. Some of the side-chain quests are just plain awesome. Inventory system is... well let's be honest it's crap, most of theGreat game despite some pretty obvious flaws, plenty of bugs and the fact that I had to mod the graphics from the start to make it look halfway decent. Main quest is too short as always from Bethesda but it does deliver while leaving ample room to continue the story. Some of the side-chain quests are just plain awesome. Inventory system is... well let's be honest it's crap, most of the screen real estate is wasted in favor of a HUGE picture of whatever you're looking at, while the menus are squeezed in at the sides. However despite the flaws previously mentioned I would still definitely recommend this game. It would get a 10 from me if the main quest was much longer, the inventory system was sorted and the graphics/textures were improved. Expand
  12. Mar 8, 2012
    Skyrim is a beautiful game with so much potential that is only half realized. Having played Oblivion (I missed Morrowind when it came out, and I just can't get into it now), I knew what I wanted out of Skyrim. I wanted a great story, freedom to go anywhere, realistic NPCs, and tons of customization for my character. Skyrim, in my opinion, accomplished none of these. The main story isSkyrim is a beautiful game with so much potential that is only half realized. Having played Oblivion (I missed Morrowind when it came out, and I just can't get into it now), I knew what I wanted out of Skyrim. I wanted a great story, freedom to go anywhere, realistic NPCs, and tons of customization for my character. Skyrim, in my opinion, accomplished none of these. The main story is mediocre at best; it starts strong, and for a while I thought it was going to be incredible, but after a bit, it starts losing steam. By the end of the main quest, I just wanted it over; it was not nearly as engaging as the main story in Oblivion, which, admittedly, wasn't the greatest main story ever. As far as freedom goes, Skyrim does a decent job of giving one the illusion of freedom, but still falls short of its potential. This is because Skyrim's player movement system is the same as it was for Morrowind and Oblivion before it: run, jump awkwardly, and can't climb anything. If complete freedom was Bethesda's goal, it was only partly realized. Give me the ability to go wherever I want, however I want. If I encounter a cliff I want to scale, give me a grappling hook to climb it. The next item is the one that irks me the most about Skyrim: NPC stupidity. Again, during the opening scenes of the game, I was wowed by the dialogue and interactions of the NPCs. However, once you reach Riverwood, the experience starts to go downhill. NPCs repeat themselves ad nauseum: how many times do I need to hear Lydia complain about how she's sworn to carry my burdens? This is a simple fix: after they say their lines, NPCs should shut up. Don't speak again unless I speak to you. And when we work together to take down a dragon, please don't walk away immediately after the dragon dies like nothing happened. And if a townie NPC dies for some reason, his corpse should not just lie in the middle of the street forever for people to step over and ignore. Guards should carry him to the house of the dead; what's the point of those places if they aren't used? The worst offense, however, are hostile NPCs. If a person is shot with an arrow in the head, they should NEVER stop looking for who shot it, no matter how sneaky that person is. Multiple times I had to sigh in frustration when a bandit had an arrow sticking out of his eye only to call off the search for me stating "I swear I heard something." Yes, it was your brain being punctured. This kind of robotic character action is unforgivable. Lastly, the character customization was, at best, average. In a giant world filled with so many different races and cultures and people, it seems laughable that there are only seven or eight types of weapons and armor. Maybe I'm asking too much, but it is hard to suspend my disbelief when everyone wears the same stuff and wields the same weapons. Not every steel sword should look identical; how about some variation? The beauty of Skyrim is in its modding community, where many of the issues plaguing the original release are being addressed. In fact, I had originally purchased the PS3 version (stupidly), and I ended up selling that on eBay and purchasing the PC version on Steam so I could use mods. They add simple fixes to many of Skyrim's most crippling problems, and make it a better game overall.
    Overall, Skyrim is a good game. Not incredible, not ground-breaking, not revolutionary, but certainly worth your time if you enjoyed Oblivion and Fallout 3. Just do yourself a favor and get the PC version so you can download the mods of your choice to enhance your experience. Enjoy!
  13. Mar 11, 2012
    Skyrim is a great game, one of the best RPG games out there. Unfortunately it obviously has it flaws. If I wrote this review before 'finishing' (maybe ~50 hours in) I would have given it a 9 or a 10. But so many flaws come into mind. Many quests are bugged. You have to google the issue and find out something is bugged and correct it manually with console commands (if possible). Just one ofSkyrim is a great game, one of the best RPG games out there. Unfortunately it obviously has it flaws. If I wrote this review before 'finishing' (maybe ~50 hours in) I would have given it a 9 or a 10. But so many flaws come into mind. Many quests are bugged. You have to google the issue and find out something is bugged and correct it manually with console commands (if possible). Just one of dozens of examples is when the quest contains reading a certain journal/book but you found it much earlier it will bug out and make you unable to ever finish the questline unless you do your own research and try to manually fix it with console commands. This has happened WAY TOO OFTEN. The other MAJOR flaw are the boring quests. There are some really nice and interesting quests out there who tell a beatuiful story and it is really fun doing the quests, but far too many quests are simply like this: 'I lost my sword/flute/whatever, go to the dungeon, kill all enemies, at the end there is a chest with my lost item in it, return it to me'. Far too many of those. No story, nothing. Uber boring and so many of these quests. At the end of the game around level 50 I just quit because 99% of the quests seem to be these boring catch quests without story. Overall still a good game with awesome graphics, some great stories. The mainquest is a huge letdown also. The endboss is too easy and the "mainstory" ends abrupt with no rewards. I finished ~110 hours in. The first 50-80 hours were awesome. Then was the time when only boring quests were left. Still recommend buying, but don't expect a flawless game as it is certainly not. Also some other major bugs with followers and equipments or leveling ruined a lot for me if it wasn't for manually googling fixes and console commands. 8/10 Expand
  14. Apr 30, 2012
    The ratings that this game has received by the critics calls the integrity of the gaming/game review industry into question. These scores reek of bribery. This is a good game, but to give it a ten is absurd. The horrible looking shadows alone take a full point off, in my opinion. Oblivion's shadows were far preferable. I attempted to play this on ps3, but it looked so horrid i took itThe ratings that this game has received by the critics calls the integrity of the gaming/game review industry into question. These scores reek of bribery. This is a good game, but to give it a ten is absurd. The horrible looking shadows alone take a full point off, in my opinion. Oblivion's shadows were far preferable. I attempted to play this on ps3, but it looked so horrid i took it back and then played it on PC. The PC graphics are infinitely better, but still very dated due to cross platform development. The gameplay is solid, and addictive. I found myself wanting to finish the main quest more so than in Oblivion. But i also stopped playing after i finished it, and I don't see myself going back to it. If this game had not been developed primarily for 7 year old console hardware, It could have been a masterpiece. For the PC version, due to community modding, it still could be. Shame on any professional critic who gave this game a 10. Credibility = dunzo. Expand
  15. May 23, 2012
    Skyrim's a good game but it isn't as good as its predecessors on the PC. The graphics are slightly improved but they are not the quantum leap that Oblivion was to Morrowind. The menu system is in a word crap. The dragons are more annoying than challenging. The loss of crafting spells also really hurt gameplay. Travelling around the mountainous terrain with no ability to fly or climbSkyrim's a good game but it isn't as good as its predecessors on the PC. The graphics are slightly improved but they are not the quantum leap that Oblivion was to Morrowind. The menu system is in a word crap. The dragons are more annoying than challenging. The loss of crafting spells also really hurt gameplay. Travelling around the mountainous terrain with no ability to fly or climb is a massive hassle making the open world environment feel a lot less open. The radient quest system is just a pretty way of saying randomized kill and/or fetch quests. Like all Beth releases, it is riddled with bugs which leads to a series of often questionable patches. Steam's habit of auto/stealth updating the game makes preventing bad patches a hassle and wreaks havok with modders.

That isn't to say there aren't any positives. The random encounters are far more varied and interesting now. The two weapon combat system creates interesting if not fully realized possibilities. The new companion system also is a welcome addition. If you are a modder, which is almost mandatory, it is quickly developing one of the strongest libraries though I personally would avoid steamworkshop and its over simplified attempt at QC for mods. With the current generation of mods, I would rate this an eight and probably a nine sometime next year. That is the thing with Bethesda titles. They only get better as they age.
  16. Dec 18, 2012
    If you are playing with, for instance, a dual core CPU - 2GB RAM - and a Radeon 5650 (or even worse), or gaming on some crappy non-gaming laptop, you DO NOT have a good PC, and guess what? You have exactly NO right to b1tch and moan and vote this wonderful game a zero, just because you don't have the hardware. They have Xbox 360's and PS3's for people just like you, and your opinionIf you are playing with, for instance, a dual core CPU - 2GB RAM - and a Radeon 5650 (or even worse), or gaming on some crappy non-gaming laptop, you DO NOT have a good PC, and guess what? You have exactly NO right to b1tch and moan and vote this wonderful game a zero, just because you don't have the hardware. They have Xbox 360's and PS3's for people just like you, and your opinion matters not. But, however, everyone with a quad-core CPU, 4GB RAM or better, and a Radeon 6970 or better certainly have the ability to experience this game for what it is, excellent. Also, if you are too stupid to get the game working right, shut your mouth. I am NOT referring to PC gamers who have a legimitate gripe with the game (like it appearing to be consolized (which mods fix). No, just the butthurt losers with crappy so-called "rigs" who expect developers to make it so they can max every game at 60fps - I have a 6970 crossfire and even I can't max every game at 60fps. Now, with that said, let me state that this game is probably the best game to come around in the last 10 years. Yes, it's that good. I highly recommend it, and the PC version at that. It's amazing. That is all. Expand
  17. Dec 25, 2012
    Like always, the Elder Scrolls franchise doesn't fail to impress with it's vast lore and well-crafted universe. The fifth installment is indeed a master piece and so far I've spent well over 200 hours immersing myself into the world of Skyrim. Kudos!
  18. Jan 22, 2013
    The perfect hack and slash fantasy. Low raters are either far too choosey or don't understand Skyrim's genre, which is a very old one and is harder to come by these days. If you're looking for more character depth, video games aren't the answer. Try pen and paper RPGs.
  19. Feb 15, 2013
    This game looks huge, is huge, looks good. The world and characters are very good looking. The weather effects are nice. Overall it's joyful and fun to play, but there are a few things that could have been much better. The main quest is really short. There is no feel of something grand going on. It's just you against the bad guys. Yes you can bring a companion with you, and from time toThis game looks huge, is huge, looks good. The world and characters are very good looking. The weather effects are nice. Overall it's joyful and fun to play, but there are a few things that could have been much better. The main quest is really short. There is no feel of something grand going on. It's just you against the bad guys. Yes you can bring a companion with you, and from time to time you escort someone to safety, but it still feels empty and lonely. From time to time you get jumped by a thief who asks for your purse, or same bandits roaming certain places. You can almost tell which one will have bandits. The side quests are usually boring. Fetch this, get that at X then go back. They should have attached more quests to the main story instead of having a 'billion' side quests.

Fighting style is limited to certain combinations, the skill list is big but alas they forced the player to choose certain style combo. That's a shame. The UI is not good enough I think. AS a caster I have to switch really fast between spells, or I must pause and then choose. As a caster it's difficult to play. Arrows will kill you instantly when the archers start getting much better arrows and bows. Throw a few melee enemies and you can't do much as a caster then keep distance and behind cover, otherwise it's death. Spells to slow targets or keep them away are limited. Talking about spells... you will keep using the same spells for a long time. The expert and master spells are only available at 90 and 100 for master. 100 points is max for any magic skill level, which means you have to train and grind till 90! by that time you are over lvl 30 and played many hours with the same spells. At level 90 summoning skill and lvl 35 character I could buy my Summon ice pet, before that I had to use my weak wolf. And my fire elemental that has fireballs. The idea of an RPG is to get new spells and rewards from time to time, but that is soo limited.

Another thing that annoys me, and shows that it's a bit unfinished or rushed: you get a certain title archmage very quickly as if you earned it by doing a few quests. It's just not realistic.... or immersive.

Skyrim is fun, but could have been much better. It fee;s like they focused a lot on the visuals, then created a quick and short main quests and start selling the game. In the meanwhile create extra DLC to earn more, to fill the gaps that the main quest should have. After looking at the start of the game I expected a lot. But alas the start is great, but the ending is not always shiny.

So I understand why so many people voted mixed or negative. Thanks to the modding world and skyrim Nexus mod program, the game is worth more....but this should not be the way to create games....
    Without mods it should be a blast to play.... and not what it;s now...
  20. Mar 27, 2013
    I'm on my 2nd character. I have played 500+ hours, and I'm still enjoying Skyrim. The vanilla game on PC is a good RPG, but the modded Skyrim is much better. Even with the mods, and all of the graphic settings being maxed out, my frame rates are still good. That being said, I'm now going to comment and rate the game, solely, on the original game including patches, but without the DLC andI'm on my 2nd character. I have played 500+ hours, and I'm still enjoying Skyrim. The vanilla game on PC is a good RPG, but the modded Skyrim is much better. Even with the mods, and all of the graphic settings being maxed out, my frame rates are still good. That being said, I'm now going to comment and rate the game, solely, on the original game including patches, but without the DLC and mods. I didn't mod the game until I was 100 hrs. into the game. So, I did play quite a bit of the vanilla in the beginning. Anyway, I liked exploring the large open world, and completing the abundance of main, side, and miscellaneous quests with my customised character, but I didn't like the unorganised UI that Bethesda used and that the graphics could've been better. If it weren't for that, I would've given this game a 10. It was fun to play, and runs well. I got more play time out of it and experienced no game breaking bugs tlike in the previous TES games. I can hardly wait to get a glimpse of and play Bethesda's next TES release. Expand
  21. Mar 28, 2013
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is the latest installment of the Elder Scrolls franchise by Bethesda Softworks. While the earlier games were essentially role-playing games set in simple environments, things changed with the release of Morrowind which was a fully immersive 3D environment. Players could choose their race, decide what skills to specialise in and take part in story missions.The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is the latest installment of the Elder Scrolls franchise by Bethesda Softworks. While the earlier games were essentially role-playing games set in simple environments, things changed with the release of Morrowind which was a fully immersive 3D environment. Players could choose their race, decide what skills to specialise in and take part in story missions.

The next game, Oblivion refined the gameplay with an enhanced physics engine, gorgeous graphics and more realistic NPC reactions and conversations.

Skyrim is the fifth main Elder Scrolls game and takes place in a snowy environment. The player is revealed to be ‘dragonborn’ and thus is the only warrior who can permanently take down the Dragons which fly around and disturb the townsfolk. The story puts you right in the heart of the action and makes you feel like a real hero.

In terms of gameplay, it is comparable with the earlier games along with FPS/RPG games such as Fallout. The user has a first-person perspective while battling and exploring (but a third-person view can be toggled on or off). There is a sense of weight and realism when you swing your weapon at an enemy or fire a spell.

While you cannot craft spells, there is still a wide range of skills and spells open to many different player levels. The player earns experience by levelling up any one of the 18 skills. When the player achieves a level they can unlock a perk which directly benefits one skill. For example you can unlock a perk that enables you to slow down time while aiming the bow, or a perk that allows you to bribe guards to ignore crimes.

Along with helpful townsfolk NPCs which are well voiced, there are followers which act as your partners in battle and provide teamwork during intense struggles. You can also summon allied creatures by using a conjuration spell.

There are many different ways to play, from being a tough warrior, a mage, a fast thief, an archer or more. Player choice is always at the forefront of gameplay and there is a wide range of dialogue options available to you.

Overall Skyrim is a fantastic game and really presents the sense of wonder and exploration that these types of games provide.
  22. Mar 29, 2013
    This is how you make the perfect game. Gamers understand that there is not always room in the budget for everything, so leaving the door open to modding and expansions is always admired. With over 50 ad-ons, what was originally a mid range game can evolve into a spectacular example of digital power. A good story, deep characters, universal intrigue, and lots of side quests help too!
  23. May 10, 2013
    it is a shame that because of the lack of open world large scale games and this being many peoples first rpg warrants a near 100 for a score. This game cannot even be called an RPG and deserves maybe a 75 at best. There is no decision making just like in oblivion, terrible dialogue and linear boring quests and repeatable quests that were even worse, poor loot variety once again includingit is a shame that because of the lack of open world large scale games and this being many peoples first rpg warrants a near 100 for a score. This game cannot even be called an RPG and deserves maybe a 75 at best. There is no decision making just like in oblivion, terrible dialogue and linear boring quests and repeatable quests that were even worse, poor loot variety once again including recycled enchanted weapons from previous elder scrolls games. I expected so much more.. this was the biggest disappointment in gaming of 2011 for me bigger than the massive failure that was star wars the old republic. If your a hard core elder scrolls fan this game is a must. I still played the game for over 60 hours but then grew bored as opposed to my hundreds of hours spent in oblivion. I am an objective rpg fan and the elder scrolls series falls a little short for me with including Skyrim. This game is average at best not stellar. Expand
  24. Jun 1, 2013
    Perfect games do not exist, idiots only give out 10s.

This game is good, but it is ruined by a couple of things, vampires are really weak in this game. There aren't alot of quests only about 100, a small amount of random events. They did a bad job balancing level enemies ratio. I do like the Daedric artifacts however it was a nice touch. The fact that Dragonbone weapons was
    Perfect games do not exist, idiots only give out 10s.

They did a bad job balancing level enemies ratio.

I do like the Daedric artifacts however it was a nice touch.

The fact that Dragonbone weapons was dlc is just bad, since shields were already in the base game.

I think it's kind of idiotic that dragon is the highest lvl armor but daedric is 2nd highest but way more effective.

This game needed some PC love, it's a sloppy console port to spell it out for ya. 1 core low resolution textures. The characters look a bit inhuman at times, some of the women's faces look entirely geometrical at times.

Dragons scale horribly in this game, once you reach lvl 40 it becomes too hard to fight normal monsters even if you upgrade your weapons.

You must rely entirely on exploits if you want to kill anything at high levels, like using the Fus Ro Dah shout because single enemies deal too much dmg.

Voice actors are recycled.

Only a couple of quests are good like the thief's guild quest and the vampire bloodlines dlc.

Smithing is unpractical in this game since theres no mining woodcutting skills, things weigh too much and you usually find yourself finding equipment off of dead bodies anyway.

This game is mediocre at best, nothing close to a masterpiece.

All guards sound the same, many nice looking areas of the game have no quests at all, like the abandoned mill with 1 lady tending to the mill. A room full of cobwebs nothing.

You can't decapitate anyone unless it's scripted with a skill, These scripted finishing moves don't even touch the enemy, it seems like experimental finishing moves. You can jump while you are knocked down, clearly not tested that well before release.

I like archery in this game, except not on horses because they messed up there....

Shield Bashing looks ridiculous they just sped up the animation it is lazy.

No polearms spears.

Lack of Amulets

Only a limited number of magic spells, making melee weapons the strongest in the game.

The dual magic spells stun ruin the game.

Story was bland dungeons are entirely recycled with the exception of 10% of them.

Animations are very stiff for mages enemy taunts.

I am bugged that you can only be a werewolf vampire only once.

This game lacks so many features that Oblivion had, fast travel ruins the game.

Too easy for a RPG. Lack of weapons. Speechcraft is a joke, intimidation is a joke, game is just too easy. You can push dragon priests off cliffs and instant kill them with gravity FFS. Jumping 8 feet in the air will instant kill you. ADD MINING AND WOODCUTTING FLETCHING SKILLS TO MAKE A REAL GAME. AND NO MORE CONSOLE PORTS. 6.8/10
  25. Jun 24, 2013
    This is really good game, but it can be boring at any second. If you like to play more like an action or a story based game... Play Oblivion.. That game is far better.
  26. Jun 26, 2013
    As a fan of the Elder Scrolls series Skyrim didn't disappoint and my only real gripe against the game is that fighting dragons does grow old and the main storyline and mages guild (college of winterhold) in particular are to short. That said combat is fun a much needed improvement from Oblivion and Morrowind and the graphics with mods that enhance the many towns of Skyrim are amazing.As a fan of the Elder Scrolls series Skyrim didn't disappoint and my only real gripe against the game is that fighting dragons does grow old and the main storyline and mages guild (college of winterhold) in particular are to short. That said combat is fun a much needed improvement from Oblivion and Morrowind and the graphics with mods that enhance the many towns of Skyrim are amazing.

Skyrim is a far better game on PC than on console not only does it load faster the mods add hours of replayability. Plus you can replace the moon with the DEATH STAR!
  27. Jul 29, 2013
    Played 2x8 hrs Legendary edition friends place. I want no more of this. Although I don't like controller games, I adapted fairly quick. Still: whilst playing Morrowind and Oblivion I felt like a lethargic lepper strapped in a straight-jacket. Fallout 3 overcame this feeling due to it's targeting system. Now in Skyrim all the bad is coming back. Less RPG, less character physics, more hackPlayed 2x8 hrs Legendary edition friends place. I want no more of this. Although I don't like controller games, I adapted fairly quick. Still: whilst playing Morrowind and Oblivion I felt like a lethargic lepper strapped in a straight-jacket. Fallout 3 overcame this feeling due to it's targeting system. Now in Skyrim all the bad is coming back. Less RPG, less character physics, more hack and slash in a non-responsive and non-rewarding way. Agreed, there is a big explorable world, but if one experiences it as in a repetative nightmarish dream, how can that not be frustrating? We all should not be wanting this. Expand
  28. Aug 29, 2013
    I fully agree with all the people who rated this game from a 0 to a 6 and their reasons for it. Skyrim just wasn't what a true TES had to be like.
    Besides the obvious: poor storyline, poor voice-acting, poor leveling and a abysmal UI, what truly ruined the game for me is that the towns and dungeons didnt made ANY sense to me. Every time i entered a dungeon i could see the "secret" sliding stone door. Dungeons, untouched for centurys, were littered with fruits and vegetables. Wolves are walking around with diamond rings while the population is piss poor. I've seen more bandits than civillians. Wardrobes in the town houses contain a apple, 2 gold, a shoe and a piece of carchcoal. 20m2 huts normally contain a bed, a table, a wardrobe, 3 treasurechests(each filled with a couple of gold pieces and maybe something like a banana) and 8 barrels for the 5 pieces of vegetable. The layout of the town houses and defenses are complete nonsense. The average dungeon consists of 3kilometers of elaborate, narrow, copy-paste corridors whom, again, dont make ANY sense at all.
    But what really pissed me off,,,, bandits are walking around with some crappy cloth armor a bow and utter rare enchanted deadra arrows while the room next to them is filled with ebony armor and one of skyrims 900.000 enchanted jewels.......
    No...sense...
  29. Sep 7, 2013
    Strong points:
    - Offers hundreds of gameplay hours, even more with DLCs and User content.
    - Has thousands of mods that range from additional content to changing game mechanics - An amazing soundtrack with both epic and relaxing music that fits to the game's setting. - A huge open world to explore, with many dungeons, towns and places waiting to be explored. Traveling is convinient
    Strong points:
    - Offers hundreds of gameplay hours, even more with DLCs and User content.
    - A huge open world to explore, with many dungeons, towns and places waiting to be explored. Traveling is convinient thanks to the fast travel system.
    - Game offers alot of freedom with your choises and tasks you can do so many things without behind restricted at all (But don't expect the guards to leave you alone if you start a mass murder).
    - A good variety of enemies, quests and items. It's important to point out that you can add more with mods!
    - Amazing graphics and details that will make you drool!
    Weak points:
    - A weak and short "main storyline", although there are many more that you can take part in. The opening is quite slow and characters aren't very rememerable. As soon as the tutorial ends though, you are free to do what ever you what.
    - You will spend alot of time running from shop to shop to sell all your loot.
    - Bugs, crashes and glitches. Very annoying at times.
    - A pretty bad AI. Followers do a terrible job of sticking around and helping. The enemy AI can be absolutly retarded at some times: Randomly runing away, ignoring you completly, not seeing you when you clearly should have been seen or just being plain stupid ("I just got shot in the head a minute ago, but I guess there is nothing there").
    - Gets repatative after a while: same enemies (only stronger), same quests (Go there, kill that/get that).
    - Mediocre voice acting: many characters sound alike, and their lines can be repatative at times.
  30. Nov 13, 2014
    When I started playing Skyrim I was flashed, the world was big and looked good and it really felt like an Elder Scrolls game.

But the longer I played the more I realized how shallow it is. The game is basically a giant hub for Draugr dungeons with a dragon here and there that I can oneshot with the right build, no matter how strong. The game is a major downgrade from Oblivion, which

But the longer I played the more I realized how shallow it is.
    The game is a major downgrade from Oblivion, which was already a major downgrade from Morrowind, but at least Oblivion fixed a lot of bugs compared to Morrowind.
    Skyrim on the other hand has a worse leveling system, a less complex fighting system, badly balanced skill trees, uncreative quests, a badly written plot and badly empty constructed Cities.

The only thing rescuing Skyrim from being completely redundant is how easy it is to mod, like any recent game made by Bethesda.
  31. Dec 6, 2014
    It's really hard to rate this game; Each review is subjective, because every one of us is different. Rpg's are also different; some of them focus on different parts of the gaming experience, others in other.

What does Skyrim do best? Ambience (graphics and sound), exploration and adventure. What does Skyrim do worst? Narrative (plot, storyline, characters), progression (quests, hero

What does Skyrim do worst? Narrative (plot, storyline, characters), progression (quests, hero development) and combat.

If you're interested in playing a game where the story and the characters exist just because they need to and all you want is to wander, to explore stunning environments, to experience roaming in a fantasy world and kill foes just for the sake of it, then this game is for you.

If you're interested in playing a game with intriguing storylines with carefully woven plots, memorable and diverse characters, well-written dialogues (there is a certain dragon that is the exception to this), meaningful hero development and choices, imaginative and interesting quests, diverse and difficult combat, then this game is not what you seek.
  32. Dec 25, 2014
    Normally PC games aren't as good as console ones but the elder scroll series is an exception! The base game is near perfect as it is...but with mods available only to pc users any small issues can be smoothed over for a perfectly tailored game for each individual.
  33. Jan 27, 2015
    Very interesting in the beginning, extremely boring later. This game is huge but when you get know 30% of the game everything is the same later on. Poor quests. Not very interesting (or just silly) main plot. It's Not good when game is boring, especially game with high ratings like Skyrim. Morrowind is he king so far.

Great atmosphere, soundtrack and still not bad graphics (with the

Great atmosphere, soundtrack and still not bad graphics (with the mods at least) are the strongest parts of this game.
  34. Feb 4, 2015
    AAA games leaving old school players like high elves, who leave middle earth with ships in Tolkein's tales. I'm not surprised at high ratings because this isn't a bad game for average console player or player who hasn't got enough time to invest in games. Yes, this game has huge world but with lifeless characters. Yes, it has an easy to learn character improvement system but with brokenAAA games leaving old school players like high elves, who leave middle earth with ships in Tolkein's tales. I'm not surprised at high ratings because this isn't a bad game for average console player or player who hasn't got enough time to invest in games. Yes, this game has huge world but with lifeless characters. Yes, it has an easy to learn character improvement system but with broken mechanics. Yes, you have dragons in this game but they are desperate to survive against a town guard's attack. Yes, you have many quests to do but without emotion and they are repetitive. You have cities without people, you have roads without surprising adventures, you have dungeons without danger of life... I miss Morrowind. I miss unsolvable character creation mechanics and rich choices. I miss strange looking places and unknown, deadly dungeons. I miss playing a real RPG...Good luck with this game. Expand
  35. Nov 12, 2011
    Skyrim is heavily dependent on the player, however there is so much in this game that it's hard not to enjoy it. Yes the graphics aren't up to 2011 high standards but if you buy a game purely for the graphics then you need to sort out your priorities. The game-play is so vast that it's hard to summarise. I can only recommend that you play Skyrim, explore Skyrim and enjoy Skyrim for what itSkyrim is heavily dependent on the player, however there is so much in this game that it's hard not to enjoy it. Yes the graphics aren't up to 2011 high standards but if you buy a game purely for the graphics then you need to sort out your priorities. The game-play is so vast that it's hard to summarise. I can only recommend that you play Skyrim, explore Skyrim and enjoy Skyrim for what it is, instead of criticising it for lacking a few odds and ends. Expand
  36. Nov 14, 2011
    I am around 20 hours into the game now playing it on expert difficulty. The game is truly amazing me. The dungeons I have been in so far are great. Playing on expert is hard. I like this thou. It forces you to use all the abilities of your character and be smart about how you do things. Using the Q key is a must and works quite well once you understand it. The new stat sytem works muchI am around 20 hours into the game now playing it on expert difficulty. The game is truly amazing me. The dungeons I have been in so far are great. Playing on expert is hard. I like this thou. It forces you to use all the abilities of your character and be smart about how you do things. Using the Q key is a must and works quite well once you understand it. The new stat sytem works much better than Oblivion or Morrowind. I still wish you would get exp for completing quests, but that has never been done in a TES game. I am a RPG fan, and have played all kinds of them. This might be the best ever, will see in another 100-300 hours of gameplay. The game is well worth the money, highly recommend it. Expand
  37. Nov 14, 2011
    People should understand that this is not a game you can critic by complaining "outdated" graphical elements, minor glitches or what ever you can find in other games of the genre. This is an Elder Scrolls game and a Bethesda product. For many people this is a title which promises hundreds of hours game play, exploring, fighting even if you never touch the main story at all. In 99.5% ofPeople should understand that this is not a game you can critic by complaining "outdated" graphical elements, minor glitches or what ever you can find in other games of the genre. This is an Elder Scrolls game and a Bethesda product. For many people this is a title which promises hundreds of hours game play, exploring, fighting even if you never touch the main story at all. In 99.5% of other games you even cannot think about it. This is a game you just climb on top of a hill just to watch the sun rise which you know something made of CGI. This is a game with some flaws (some minor some serious) which sometimes makes you crash your head into your monitor. But every single person familiar with this title, played previous Elder Scrolls games will not care about those. Because they know bugs will be patched, graphics will be heavily modded and lots of other fun elements will be added in time. This has been in the past and this will be in the future. After all we will have a game, a real game which has a sole purpose of making gamers feel like you are walking in the shoes of a mighty wizard, powerful warrior or even a sneaky assasin. If this is not what you want then you can get back to your "modern" games which are nothing but the graphic makeup. Hope you have fun. Meantime we will be playing and enjoying for what we have paid for... Expand
  38. Nov 15, 2011
    I have been playing Skyrim for around 25 hours and I have to say it gives me that good old feeling I used to get from game playing that I have not experienced since World of Warcraft came out. Sure the interface is not great but it is servicable after a bit of time with it. The lure of this game is this large living and breathing world that you get to explore and interact with. I amI have been playing Skyrim for around 25 hours and I have to say it gives me that good old feeling I used to get from game playing that I have not experienced since World of Warcraft came out. Sure the interface is not great but it is servicable after a bit of time with it. The lure of this game is this large living and breathing world that you get to explore and interact with. I am having a blast exploring all that this world has to offer, reading every book, gathering materials, talking to everyone I meet, and just appreciating all the effort that the developers put into this game. It baffles me when people say the graphics are not great, are they even playing the same game? To me the graphics are outstanding and I have stopped many times to view the beauty of certain scenes. If you enjoyed Oblivion or Morrowind I can't see how you would not love this game. Expand
  39. Nov 16, 2011
    Being a big Morrowind fan I was really unhappy with Oblivion. After playing around 35 hours in Skyrim so far I must say it is simply amazing. This is a true successor to Morrowind. Sure the visuals are dated but I'm simply stunned on just how beautiful the world is considering its a console port. Beth really did a wonderful job. Gameplay is to die for and the revamped combat system isBeing a big Morrowind fan I was really unhappy with Oblivion. After playing around 35 hours in Skyrim so far I must say it is simply amazing. This is a true successor to Morrowind. Sure the visuals are dated but I'm simply stunned on just how beautiful the world is considering its a console port. Beth really did a wonderful job. Gameplay is to die for and the revamped combat system is leaps better than Oblivion's. Everything is done better except the lack of stats to build up and spend points on. This is one area they didn't need to change but in the end this has become the best game I have played and my new all time favorite title period. Yes the game is not perfect but it's as good as it gets. Expand
  40. Nov 16, 2011
    Simply the best RPG ever made. Will draw you in and won't let go. Expect some glitches here and there (it's a Bethesda Game), but overall extremely playable and enjoyable. Mods are already being developed (see the skyrim mod forum or skyrimnexus.com). For anyone who has any interest in this genre, I HIGHLY recommend this game!
  41. Nov 16, 2011
    I have to admit that I usually don't like RPGs. But I decided to try this game anyway. And what I say was simply amazing. I can't even describe how awesome this game is. It's fun and the campaign lasts for so many hours that I honestly wished not to need sleep. Well, still you won't like it if you really hate the RPG-genre, but if you're opened enough just to try it I can guarantee that aI have to admit that I usually don't like RPGs. But I decided to try this game anyway. And what I say was simply amazing. I can't even describe how awesome this game is. It's fun and the campaign lasts for so many hours that I honestly wished not to need sleep. Well, still you won't like it if you really hate the RPG-genre, but if you're opened enough just to try it I can guarantee that a you'll be definetly loving this game. A huge world, nearly impossible amount of possibilities et cetera. Suma sumarum: 10 out of 10 for this awesome game I want never to stop Expand
  42. Nov 16, 2011
    This is it. This game has it all, its the alpha and omega of RPG'S,and in my book deserves all the praise it can get... Nuff said,i'm of to Skyrim PS : The only thing that seemed to strike me as unusual (at least untill i got very much used to it and delighted later as i got deeper in the world) was the mixed OST from Morrowind and Oblivion,not that there's anything wrong with that :D PPSThis is it. This game has it all, its the alpha and omega of RPG'S,and in my book deserves all the praise it can get... Nuff said,i'm of to Skyrim PS : The only thing that seemed to strike me as unusual (at least untill i got very much used to it and delighted later as i got deeper in the world) was the mixed OST from Morrowind and Oblivion,not that there's anything wrong with that :D PPS i didn't know i was in the Xbox section,so i posted there the very same review :) Expand
  43. Nov 20, 2011
    Exceptional game, with terrible terrible UI. But seeing as the game itself deserves 11/10, I'll take a point off for the truly terrible UI and give it 10/10.
  44. Nov 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is amazing. Earlier this year I was calling for Portal 2 to be GOTY. I take that back. It is now between this and Arkham Asylum. Skyrim is an immensely immersive experience. From the beginning you are drawn into the storyline. There is enough content to keep a compulsive explorer like myself playing this game for the rest of the year. The Lore in this game is amazingly in depth. This is to be expected however it is Elder Scrolls after all. The story is amazing. Play this game with a free spirit. Skyrim begs to be explored.The game play is solid in first person and third person. I myself can recommend the stealthy Bow approach as well as the over powered mage approach. Both of these builds are highly entertaining and fun. They fixed alot of the Oblivion problems. I have yet to find 2 identical dungeons in the entire game. In oblivion it was always 'this tower that tower'. In Skyrim, each instance feels well thought out and inspired. Almost everything you stumble across has its own story. I have refused to read any FAQ or walkthru or anything since I began this game because it deserves to be explored by each individual. To research it would just ruin the experience. The difficulty curve may bother some folks. If you dont gear up and specialize early, dragon battles can be a serious pain. If you throw points all over the place and somehow make it to around level 30 without maxing out anything, you will have some difficulty. A lot of love went into this game. Prepare to be amazed when you finally stumble into Black Reach. It is truely breath-taking. Now I don't wanna go full blow fan boy so lets talk about the problems. I have to mention the problems with the UI. At first it is horrible. It is obvious that they were leaning towards the console version of the game in this regard. However, a few tips. A combination of your mouse, Tab, E, and Q is all you really need in regards to the menu. To be completely honest now that I have the hang of it, it is actually pretty functional. My only true disappointment with the UI is my inability to rotate items that I look at in my inventory. No matter what I do they just won't zoom or spin or anything. This can make certain useful items hard to use. I won't say anymore for fear of spoiling. This is a flaw that must be addressed. I haven't ran into any other problems myself but I have heard of a few instances of texture tearing, horses running straight up cliff faces etc etc, but in the end the good outweighs the bad 99999999999999 to 1. Do not miss this game. Its a must have. If you are a FPS fan boy who hates magic and elves etc etc you can still enjoy this game as an archer. Think of it as sniping in slow mo once you are upgraded. If you like beat em ups then go full on melee werewolf . There is something for everyone here. One of the best games ever made. Regardless of genre. Expand
  45. Nov 23, 2011
    Countless hours of gameplay, a huge beautifully detailed world to explore, great elderscrolls lore, tons of quests, the dark brotherhood, what's not to like?

Well if you are playing on PC the textures are what bother me most, the ui is not good either, but I can deal with it. Other than that I hardly get any problems game runs very smooth on ultra settings. There are also a couple of

There are also a couple of bugs, I even ran into one that broke a questline.

All those problems make the game an 8, I have no doubts that as soon as the modkit is released the game will be the 11/10 it deserves to be.

I will still rate the game with 10 to counter all those people handing out 0s to complain about problems they either exaggerate or cause themselves.
  46. Nov 27, 2011
    This game is one of the best i have ever played. Even if it has some bugs, it is an incredible game, probably one of the best I ever played. A game filled with content and missions that do not feel frustrating and repetitive, but fun and exciting. This is probably the best RPG i have yet played. Don't be discouraged to buy this game because of the bugs, they hardly stop you from enjoyingThis game is one of the best i have ever played. Even if it has some bugs, it is an incredible game, probably one of the best I ever played. A game filled with content and missions that do not feel frustrating and repetitive, but fun and exciting. This is probably the best RPG i have yet played. Don't be discouraged to buy this game because of the bugs, they hardly stop you from enjoying this masterpiece. Expand
  47. Dec 5, 2011
    This game is amazing, if you are even remotely interested in RPG's then you should give this game a try. Be aware that you will lose your friends, your job, your girlfriend and not even realise that it has been a week, and your mum has been force-feeding you soup while you have been passed out at your keyboard for a few hours.

Full review at

Full review at http://infinityfeed.blogspot.com/2011/11/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-review.html
  48. Mar 7, 2012
    This game,is definitely one of the most invested games that I ever played at!
    The biggest virtues of the game is his game play,and the size of the game world.
    The game play of the game is special,it isn't something that I saw in any other RPG game,and this what that makes him to turn to larger audience. You can play the game from first person or from third person,for the convenience of
    This game,is definitely one of the most invested games that I ever played at!
    You can play the game from first person or from third person,for the convenience of the player.
    There are three main classes-mage,warrior and thief-but differently from other games,you don't pick the class at the beginning of the game,but choose the right combination of skills to create the desirable character.
    One of the benefits of this system is that you can create a very powerful combination between classes like warrior-mage or thief-warrior.
    As mage you can choose different magic each hand,or the same magic in each hand,and use them as one combined stronger magic,or as warrior or thief you can use two daggers or small swords and use power hit to swing them both very fast and hit the enemy very hard.
    Skyrim graphics aren't to much impressive for today,however the graphical engine of the game is much better then the previous game,and the game makes up for it in the awsome game play and the enormous map.
    The AI in the game is something that disgracing the game.
    In most of the time when you don't want to be discovered,you just crouch and no one see you even if he looks right at you.
    Now we got to the game biggest disadvantage,the abnormal amount of bugs.
    There are so much bugs,that sometimes you can't keep playing the game until you solve the problem with other patches and updates,Bethesda,why do you so harry to release the game before you checks that there are no problems like that in the game?
    today there are a lot of updates that solve most of the bugs but still the game isn't clean of bugs.
    I believe that the people that read this already know the story,yet I will tell the story shortly.
    Your figure caught while he tried to enter to the kingdom of skyrim.
    Whe soldiers of the imperials trying to execute you,a huge,black dragon called alduin destroys the city and you success run away,and from there the story keeps going on,there is a giant riot in all of the big cities in skyrim because of the return of the dragons,it appears that you are the dragonborn,a man with blood and soul of the dragon,and the only one who can destroy alduin the son of the first dragon,that brings to life the dragons.
    The main story is so not reliable,you are the hero that supposed to save the world,and instead be treated like god or even king,you treated like a simple citizen and even less.
    the story of the game had such a large potential to be the best story of the year,and Bethesda missed it.
    In summery,this is the best RPG game that ever made,but with some more investment it could be the best-selling game!
  49. May 31, 2012
    Massively overrated sandbox game with poor combat mechanics, clunky UI, bad story, uninteresting characters etc. I already knew the deal from previous TES games and was prepared for lots of modding to make it playable, but it was still too boring for me to finish.
  50. Feb 11, 2012
    First 50 hours or so are very good but then this game flatlines very badly and becomes quite a deflating experience. Take the smithing skill for instance, great fun at first but then, along with enchanting and alchemy, it becomes part of a game-breaking triumvirate and after say level 30, the only way anyone should die is by falling off a cliff in a snowstorm.. Not long after this you'veFirst 50 hours or so are very good but then this game flatlines very badly and becomes quite a deflating experience. Take the smithing skill for instance, great fun at first but then, along with enchanting and alchemy, it becomes part of a game-breaking triumvirate and after say level 30, the only way anyone should die is by falling off a cliff in a snowstorm.. Not long after this you've probably had your fill of the 'radiant quests' (stupid name for a srupid concept) and you are almost certainly tearing your hair out after being told to clear out Fort Respawn for the 3rd time. Then comes the problem of where to put all those unused perks - hmmm do I really need a running power attack when a standing one takes care of most enemies? Do I really need prices to be lower when I've got 80,000 gold and no useful way of getting rid of it? Why the hell would I need poisons? Why should I put any perks in blocking at all? The basic shield bash seems overpowered as it is. Persuasion attempts are 30% easier? You mean you can fail them? I have several items that do what the perks do anyway. I finished the whole thieves guild line of quests without putting any perks in sneaking, lockpicking, pickpocket or speech and only lockpicking and speech got out of the 20s. I didn't even bother to try out half of the shouts some of which can only be described politely as stupidly redundant. I'll give it an 8 (barely) because it was quite engrossing for a decent amount of time. But in no way is this an overall improvement on Oblivion and I can't really see what they can do next with this series. I had much more fun playing The Dragon Knight Saga. People who give this 10 should really try to use different parts of their brain for once. Expand
  51. Aug 10, 2012
    Overall, the game is great for about 30 hours and eventually you find yourself bored, there really is no reason to play this game past the Daedric and Guild questlines. One of my major complaints is the level-up system, you can do 3/4 of the major quests and still have 50 destruction, and even when you get all your best gear and stats, there is really no reason for it whatsoever, theOverall, the game is great for about 30 hours and eventually you find yourself bored, there really is no reason to play this game past the Daedric and Guild questlines. One of my major complaints is the level-up system, you can do 3/4 of the major quests and still have 50 destruction, and even when you get all your best gear and stats, there is really no reason for it whatsoever, the variety of monsters is extremely bland, Draugr, bandits, and dragons are pretty much the entirety of the monsters you will see besides the rare boss in the Guild questlines of which most were just boosted versions of regular baddies. Combine this with their dungeons, the most linear dungeons I've ever seen, with the same loot and enemies in almost every one. Combat is dreadful, but honestly was anyone expecting anything but clunky boring combat? The map size is about 3 times larger than it needs to be, the amount of content isn't even close to filling the map, really disappointing. It's not a horrible game, but really lackluster, the only redeeming quality in this is the Daedric/Guild questlines(specifically the Thieves guild, every other guild is horrible). Expand
  52. Nov 20, 2011
    Catching butterflies, diving after fish, hunting deer in the wilderness. And the athmosphere. The wind, the weather. The noises, the colors. The smoothness of movement. Nobody best BETHESDA!
  53. Nov 16, 2011
    I really like this game it's good in many ways there are som flaws but what game hasn't. I'm getting tired of reading all this thrash from people complaining about the graphics being the same but any one who has played any of the previous games would be able to se that they have made a big improvement. But ofcause the graphics could be better. i hope they release some patches to make theI really like this game it's good in many ways there are som flaws but what game hasn't. I'm getting tired of reading all this thrash from people complaining about the graphics being the same but any one who has played any of the previous games would be able to se that they have made a big improvement. But ofcause the graphics could be better. i hope they release some patches to make the gamming experience of the pc alot better mainly graphic but also make the dragons abit stronger against Npc. I think that the reason why people are Whining is because they were expecting to much. and yes games like the witcher 2 has better graphics but that's all the rest of the game is boring and stupid... face it.
    The combat in Skyrim is very nicely done to even though the combat feels the same after a couple of fights it is still a combat. and wtf did you expect a new way to swing you sword every time i mean wtf you most face it. a game can NEVER be perfect so think about it. tbh i really hope thay patch skyrim so that it can be as awsome as seen in the trailers and in the gameplay and a Graphic update.
  54. Nov 21, 2011
    What to say? I am in shock. In awe. This has to be one of the biggest, most complete games ever. The game world is amazing, rich with details and interactions, probably even better than one in famous "GTA" series. Graphics are astonishing. I think I could literally look at the screen for hours on one of its beautiful places. Gameplay itself is slick, amazing combat which, combined withWhat to say? I am in shock. In awe. This has to be one of the biggest, most complete games ever. The game world is amazing, rich with details and interactions, probably even better than one in famous "GTA" series. Graphics are astonishing. I think I could literally look at the screen for hours on one of its beautiful places. Gameplay itself is slick, amazing combat which, combined with perfect storyline creates an amazing atmosphere. ONLY thing that messes the game up are very bad shadow, and for the sake of it, turn them off. Believe me, they are not needed! Masterpiece? Yes! Game of the year? Hell YES! Expand
  55. Nov 23, 2011
    Good but not great. Bottom line is that this is still a TES game and has fundamentally all the same pluses and minuses of both Morrowind and Oblivion. On the upside the scale of it and the immersion in the world is amazing. On the downside however, the combat is still floaty and lacks any real sense of impact, the skill system is totally unbalanced and exploitable and some of the questGood but not great. Bottom line is that this is still a TES game and has fundamentally all the same pluses and minuses of both Morrowind and Oblivion. On the upside the scale of it and the immersion in the world is amazing. On the downside however, the combat is still floaty and lacks any real sense of impact, the skill system is totally unbalanced and exploitable and some of the quest lines (*cough* mages *cough*) are really very very bad. Again. Bottom line is that it's a slightly updated version of Oblivion. Oh - and the PC UI is an abomination, possible the worst UI I've seen with the exception of Final Fantasy XIV. Expand
  56. Nov 25, 2011
    It's hard to say anything negative when you actually realize the amount of work went into this game. The environment is masterfully designed, you just can't help yourself wanting to ride everywhere and take on whatever road brings you. But then, Bethesda has always been good at open world design. Their accumulated experience since Daggerfall is immense. But I think the real difference inIt's hard to say anything negative when you actually realize the amount of work went into this game. The environment is masterfully designed, you just can't help yourself wanting to ride everywhere and take on whatever road brings you. But then, Bethesda has always been good at open world design. Their accumulated experience since Daggerfall is immense. But I think the real difference in this game is the story telling which lacked in previous releases or even in Fallout 3. Morrowind and Oblivion were equally good games but they didn't necessarily invite you in. Skyrim on the other hand, sucks you in from the first minute. Achieving this kind of flow in an open world game is a big ask and Bethesda deserves all the credit for it. They achieved this with a a masterpiece map, with the quality and the quantity of voice acting and with the living npcs.. The character development is really rewarding and yes you do get really powerful if you spend enough time in the game. Some people are complaining about game being easy but that's the beauty of it. You get rewarded for every minute you spent in the game. There's negatives tho.. My henchman is a massive idiot or my horse can't reverse from the edges of the hills.. Some enemies cannot spot me even thought there's big ball of fire coming from my direction and yes I do like my dragons harder to deal with. It's all OK tho.. When you look at the sheer epicness of this game, all the little glitches seem to disappear. Expand
  57. May 13, 2012
    I do not understand why Skyrim receives so much praise. As any other Bethesda game, it's full of bugs and glitches. In fact, the game was unplayable due to bugs and crashes the first couple of months. Still not good. The game play was rather disappointing. The interface is complete rubbish, unless you're on a console. The main quest was bland and short. The world feels short and it lacksI do not understand why Skyrim receives so much praise. As any other Bethesda game, it's full of bugs and glitches. In fact, the game was unplayable due to bugs and crashes the first couple of months. Still not good. The game play was rather disappointing. The interface is complete rubbish, unless you're on a console. The main quest was bland and short. The world feels short and it lacks variety, especially in enemies. The crafting system is ridiculous, lore breaking and game breaking. Want a five thousand damage iron dagger? Craft it! Long story short, Skyrim is what Oblivion should have been. Every TES game after Morrowind finds itself in the very uncomfortable situation to be compared to Morrowind. I'm trying not to compare Skyrim with Morrowind in this short review. So 5/10 because Skyrim can still be saved by Expansions and DLC. Expand
  58. Feb 15, 2013
    This game is actually very hard to place because of the enormous amount of content it got some quests are just plain boring a LOT of quests are repetitive and 95% of the time the game holds your hand while questing because it tells you where to go with a map marker so there isn't any suprise of exploring for the most part. BUT this game also got some VERY good quests and very good dlc's,This game is actually very hard to place because of the enormous amount of content it got some quests are just plain boring a LOT of quests are repetitive and 95% of the time the game holds your hand while questing because it tells you where to go with a map marker so there isn't any suprise of exploring for the most part. BUT this game also got some VERY good quests and very good dlc's, I personally think Dawnguard was a very good dlc maybe a bit overpriced but the extra quest you got in it was worth it Dragonborn is even beter with a LOT more stuff to do. Modding is ofcourse also a nice addition!
    The skill system is pretty broken you can get from level 1 to 100 in some skills smithing in 10min by just crafting the same thing over and over again with mats you buy from merchants, and that's pretty stupid if you ask me, they needed to make skilling a lot longer a lot more rewarding!
    The area's in Skyrim look for 99% the same snow and mountains and the caves are pretty much ALL the same with 2 or 3 exceptions BUMMERRRR.
    Also a very stupid thing in this game is the weight system items just are too damn heavy 60 pods for a freaking chainmail?! for a mage or rogue that's like a full inventory in 3 items without potions counted.
    The graphics are pretty and the soundtrack is awesome tho!
    I give this game 7.5 out of 10! This game becomes boring after 100~ hours but those 100 hours you will have a great time!
  59. Nov 12, 2011
    First off: this game is buggy. But hey, this is a game from Bethesda right? All Bethesda games have a few teething troubles at the beginning and we can rely on them being fixed. As an example, I have played about 10 hours now and have had 1 crash that decided to restart my PC, 2 'stuck in dialogue' crashes (which seems to be related to steam overlay when you shift+tab) and one run of theFirst off: this game is buggy. But hey, this is a game from Bethesda right? All Bethesda games have a few teething troubles at the beginning and we can rely on them being fixed. As an example, I have played about 10 hours now and have had 1 crash that decided to restart my PC, 2 'stuck in dialogue' crashes (which seems to be related to steam overlay when you shift+tab) and one run of the mill crash to desktop. I've had worse.

Now onto the good stuff! Immediately I noticed how modern the UI was and how it was clearly designed around consoles. After a couple of hours though the simple mechanics became completely natural and were easy to use, maybe having such a modern UI isn't the best thing they could have done - given the nature of the game, but strangely it does work.

Bethesda got a lot of negative feedback after the release of oblivion about the speech system, character models etc, and have clearly made a decent effort to fix it.

For example, character creation is good, some models have meshes that aren't exactly smooth etc, but generally the models are looking fresh and Bethesda have done a good job improving this since Oblivion.

Dialogue fits neatly into the game and doesn't pull you away from the immersion anymore.

Combat is excellent - time your block in less than a second, follow up with your axe, then finish them off with a kick to the chest and an axe in the head. Lovely!

The best thing about this game: nearly everything has a use. pickaxes and woodcutting axes can be used to mine ore veins and chop firewood, you can smelt the ore to make ingots, kill an elk for its hide, tan it for leather, turn into leather strips then combine with the ingots you made to forge a shiny new sword!

Overall, what can I say. I'm actually enjoying the game the MORE I play. A very competent and very fun RPG.
  60. Nov 14, 2011
    Amazingly addicted and fun. Massive and gorgeous. My only negative is the controls on the PC can be tricky and take a bit of getting used to. Once you get going after a few hours you hardly notice the controls though and it becomes pretty fluid game play.
  61. Nov 15, 2011
    By the 11-11-11 AD, simply the best game ever written, the best story, the best graphics, simply huge playing area.
    I have been gaming for over 25 years since the Atari 2600. Despite the most minor of irratables (worth taking 10 points off by idiots, not worth an entire point in truth) this is as close to perfect as gaming has come this far on this planet!
    A masterpiece, for anyone to
    A masterpiece, for anyone to enjoy not just hardcore RPG'rs.
    Everyone should buy this game as it IS the new standard all other games will live and die by.
    I
  62. Nov 15, 2011
    The PC version of Skyrim is no doubt on of the most beautiful and sprawling worlds ever imagined. The game is so open in class development and how the player can interact with the world. However there are many problems with the user interface that prevent this game from true greatness. This game, is perfect for any RPG fans as it has been in the past.
  63. Nov 16, 2011
    I have played dozens of offline and online RPG games over the years, but I have to say Skyrim is one of the best I've ever seen. From the minute you encounter your first dragon during the opening cutscenes, this game has beautiful visuals, immerse game play, and enough quests to make your head spin! Bethesda has always done a great job with the audio in their game, but this time it isI have played dozens of offline and online RPG games over the years, but I have to say Skyrim is one of the best I've ever seen. From the minute you encounter your first dragon during the opening cutscenes, this game has beautiful visuals, immerse game play, and enough quests to make your head spin! Bethesda has always done a great job with the audio in their game, but this time it is really over the top. Conversations go on between characters as they go about their daily routines, and even some surprising events if you choose the right character race/gender. If you have ever played any of the previous installments and loved them, or any of the Fallout series, you will LOVE this game.
    If you are planning on spending some quality time with this game on the PC, I highly recommend downloading mods for this game, as everything from improved textures, new armor models, and even something as simple as being able to run the game windowed in your own custom resolution is available. It helps to polish the edges, and add that extra spice that only User DLC can bring to the table.
  64. Nov 17, 2011
    Skyrim is a massive world, far bigger than we expected. Larger than Morrowind and Oblivion combined I would say. Too many locations to name, some very deep hand crafted dungeons, some simple buildings. I have spent 60 hours doing quests back to back and there is no sign of me running out of quests any time soon. The graphics for the pc version are below PC standards and the controls areSkyrim is a massive world, far bigger than we expected. Larger than Morrowind and Oblivion combined I would say. Too many locations to name, some very deep hand crafted dungeons, some simple buildings. I have spent 60 hours doing quests back to back and there is no sign of me running out of quests any time soon. The graphics for the pc version are below PC standards and the controls are right out of a console and very annoying, leading to wrong selections, the controls are the worst part of this game to be honest but you can live with them if you sware at bethesda for leaving them on the PC version a lot. The faction quests for the companions and others tend to be short, people are finding these to be a disappointment once they play the game for a while. The Civil war quests are also short but the main quest is long and lots of fun. There are 26 hours worth of quests in the main quest if you walk everywhere. This is the best Elder Scrolls game to date by a long shot, it delivers features previous games only got via mods, making many of the old favourite mods obselete because the game supports those things as standard now. It would be perfect if not for the UI and graphics but since I do not believe in perfect scores, I would give it a 9 but the UI it self is so annoying I am going to give it an 8 instead. Anybody buying this game is going to love it because all those who got it so far, already do. I am not joking.... this is going to be classic... Expand
  65. Nov 17, 2011
    I'm not gunna lie, this game is amazing, brilliant, outstanding, a masterpiece. I'm only filling the rest up because i need one hundred and fifty characters. < This lol
  66. Nov 18, 2011
    It's impossible to not give this game a 10, it does everything right and nothing wrong. I cannot complain about anything in this game, the performance is excellent, the graphics are stunning and not to mention they are not bland by any means, instead they are wonderfully bright and vibrant. The animations have been vastly improved and playing in third person is very natural now, there is aIt's impossible to not give this game a 10, it does everything right and nothing wrong. I cannot complain about anything in this game, the performance is excellent, the graphics are stunning and not to mention they are not bland by any means, instead they are wonderfully bright and vibrant. The animations have been vastly improved and playing in third person is very natural now, there is a ton more content, of which is far more interesting and well-written than most previous entries in the series.

Then we have the awesome new enemies that can provide a challenge as you level up and progress into harder dungeons and areas. There's a ton of skills and the all new perk system which is an excellent and well-needed addition to the series, not to mention the all new and vastly improved magic system and dual wielding system which is what fans have been asking for all of this time.

Then we have the incredible voice acting done by over 70 actors, not a single flaw found so far in the voice acting. The storyline is incredible and all of the side quests are detailed and interesting. There are additional features, more crafting to be done and a massive world to explore that is packed with more content than ever before, instead of having vast open areas with nothing in those areas like in Oblivion, there is something to explore constantly as you move around the world.

The cities and towns are more interesting, with improved AI as they actually go around doing their jobs and living their lives. You can get married and your spouse will provide you with some perks. Then we have the improved combat system which provides a much more satisfying experience for those who like to "get up close and personal", if you know what I mean.

I could go on and on all day about this beautiful, astonishing and astounding game. There is truly no other game in the world like it, the only tiny little complaint I can make about this game is that on the PC, the User Interface was not designed for a mouse and keyboard, which could have easily had a re-design to enhance the experience for us PC users, that would have been appreciated but again, it's not a big deal and the User Interface works surprisingly well.

I look forward to spending insane amounts of time in this vast game, as I'm sure many of you are too, I give this game the ultimate 10/10, because no other game can match the superiority of this amazing creative construction.
  67. Nov 18, 2011
    Awsome game! It has a few minor issues, but it will blow you away in it's scope. What Bethesda has managed to do here is mindblowing. The amount of interaction you can have with the world they have reated is at times a bit overwhelming. IF you have A.D.D. don't buy it as you will never get anywhere as more and more interesting things to do and explore pop up all over the place. TheAwsome game! It has a few minor issues, but it will blow you away in it's scope. What Bethesda has managed to do here is mindblowing. The amount of interaction you can have with the world they have reated is at times a bit overwhelming. IF you have A.D.D. don't buy it as you will never get anywhere as more and more interesting things to do and explore pop up all over the place. The menu system is perhaps a bit counter intuitive at first, but once you get the hang on selecting with WASD then things smooth out and become natural. Best Game I have played this year, if GotY is not bestowed upon this masterpiece by a reviewer than the contest is rigged because in my mind there is no contest this is the best game in decades. Expand
  68. Nov 18, 2011
    Skyrim Skyrim Skyrim, a really great game from Bethesda. I love the Nordic World and the Quest. The Witcher 2 an Skyrim are the best RPG of the Year. Thanks Bethesda.
  69. Nov 18, 2011
    First, I want to THANK Bethesda for being one of the few gaming companies out there that still gets it! While all the other single player games out there make me feel like im trapped in a box and have to do what it wants me to do, this game inspires creativity and imagination and THATS what gaming is all about. This game takes me away from the real world and thats why Bethesda got my 60First, I want to THANK Bethesda for being one of the few gaming companies out there that still gets it! While all the other single player games out there make me feel like im trapped in a box and have to do what it wants me to do, this game inspires creativity and imagination and THATS what gaming is all about. This game takes me away from the real world and thats why Bethesda got my 60 bux, I would pay a hundred if thats what it takes to keep them making titles like this. Now for the bad. No more life for me, I'm going to spend the next 4 weeks of my life locked in my bedroom living on cheetos and beer with the occasional shower. Not going to write much of a review except to say take the good reviews here on this game seriously and ignore the bad ones. The UI did irritate me a bit as I am strictly a hardcore PC gamer (down with consoles!) but by NO means does the less than ideal UI alone warrant a low review score on a game that has soooo many TONS of other plus's to counter it. And these people saying the graphics are sub-par LOL! I would like them to name another fantasy game out there that they consider the graphics to be PAR as in better than this. I run the game on a pentium core 2 duo quad core extreme at 3 ghx per core, 8 gigs of ram, and 2 gtx 470's in SLI and turn the settings down just a bit from max so i can get the magic 60 fps that I like (to me framerate trumps effects, real life is smoothe not choppy and thats how i like my games). The game looks wicked awesome. The art is fantastic. And anyone that knows anything at all about gaming knows that Bethesda makes some of the best looking fantasy games that have ever been seen. People that complain about the main story also do not know how to actually play a Bethesda title. The main story should not be rushed through, more like meandered through slowly while doing all of the other little and big things that can also be done in the game. I swear, some people try to play these titles like they are playing a first person shooter then complain about it. Peace. Expand
  70. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyrim is a really great game, i was on edge at first about whether i was going to buy it or not as i didn't really like oblivion but i'm glad i did it's very fun and very adictive and i'm happy with most of the changes that were made since the last game. One thing that is bad about the game is the UI i mean i can put up with it but it's very annoying with all that unnecesary scrolling andSkyrim is a really great game, i was on edge at first about whether i was going to buy it or not as i didn't really like oblivion but i'm glad i did it's very fun and very adictive and i'm happy with most of the changes that were made since the last game. One thing that is bad about the game is the UI i mean i can put up with it but it's very annoying with all that unnecesary scrolling and wasted space and of course there are a lot of annoying bugs but hopefully they will be sorted out soon. Skyrim is in general a really good game though there are some things that could improve it, there aren't really any interesting characters you can't really interact very much with anyone and there is no character development. Expand
  71. Nov 21, 2011
    I represent 'www.BreakMyGame.com'. SKYRIM has been given our hands down! It's a new stepping stone for a new Creation game engine for new titles to come out! Graphics is not to high end and enough to wow players, the score they generated for the game is a step up to give an exact life to the world, an excellent successor and worthy hands-on for new and old players for the series. OverallI represent 'www.BreakMyGame.com'. SKYRIM has been given our hands down! It's a new stepping stone for a new Creation game engine for new titles to come out! Graphics is not to high end and enough to wow players, the score they generated for the game is a step up to give an exact life to the world, an excellent successor and worthy hands-on for new and old players for the series. Overall hour and hours of pure possibilities in how a High Exploring and Story Driven RPG game should be. Expand
  72. Nov 23, 2011
    I have played over a hundred hours of Skyrim if my steam's accounted time spent is anything to go by and after all this I will say, Skyrim is leaps and bounds an improvement over Oblivion and a great successor to its Elderscrolls heritage, the graphics are gorgeous and while not next gen, next gen was never what the developers were going for, they were going for an improvement overI have played over a hundred hours of Skyrim if my steam's accounted time spent is anything to go by and after all this I will say, Skyrim is leaps and bounds an improvement over Oblivion and a great successor to its Elderscrolls heritage, the graphics are gorgeous and while not next gen, next gen was never what the developers were going for, they were going for an improvement over Oblivion which they certainly obtained. While there are some flaws, graphical bugs and a GUI that is oddly taken right out of the console even though it's a game so clearly made for the PC, these are all however relatively minute issues and really amount to nothing more than little annoyances for me and what's more as this is a Bethesda game they are all completely and entirely mod-able and changeable, further the game is leagues more stable than Oblivion or it's spiritual successor Fallout 3, after hours and hours of gameplay I only experienced crash to desktops on rare occassions or occasions where I'd abused alt tabbing.

I therefore conclude that this game is 'very' deserving of my rating of 10.
  73. Nov 24, 2011
    Bethesda did a great job on this game here, I was a hue fan of there older games (Morrowind, Daggerfall and Arena), but Oblivion and Fallout3 did not impress me much at all.

Now comes Skyrim and Bethesda has done an amazing job improving things since Oblivion. Nearly everything is improved, from the story to the combat to the controls and performance. Its almost like they heard all my issues with Oblivion and fixed them for Skyrim, great effort Bethesda!

The soundtrack is epic as usual and of course the gameworld and lore is extremely well made. This all came as a very nice surprise to me though as I was not expecting all that much, but whats here is an epic rpg.

Skyrim joins The Witcher2 as the best rpgs of 2011, both extremely well made and awesome rpg's that I loved to death. Its great when companies can improve on past games as well as Bethesda has done here with Skyrim, which is the best game from the rpg giants since Morrowind!

Buy this game now!

Here is to Skyrim and the great job by Bethesda!
  74. Nov 25, 2011
    Game is fantastic!! Skyrim is a masterpiece!! pros - fantastic game over all 10/10 for game play and interesting and fun if you play the game with out rushing you have 100+ hours easy !its fantastic and outstanding (I HOPE THERE WORKING ON ALLOT OF DLC AND EXPANSIONS!!!!!) Cant wait!! woulds best single player RPG!!!!!!

cons - few bugs and a few quests could be longer - using dx9 but

cons - few bugs and a few quests could be longer - using dx9
    but they say future patches will fix bugs and dx11 update sounds promising!

Random answer for some people for problems with with favorites well u can quickly switch them with pressing "Q" hover over the item with the mouse and press a number ( 1 - 9 ) =D done!
  75. Nov 25, 2011
    A lot of reviews seem to be from people having issues with bugs (graphical or otherwise). Let me start off by saying these reviews do not represent the majority by any means. I've discussed Skyrim in real life with 8 of my friends thus far. All 9 of us, myself included, have had no issues. I bought Skyrim pre-release off Steam and started playing 25 minutes after midnight. I expected quiteA lot of reviews seem to be from people having issues with bugs (graphical or otherwise). Let me start off by saying these reviews do not represent the majority by any means. I've discussed Skyrim in real life with 8 of my friends thus far. All 9 of us, myself included, have had no issues. I bought Skyrim pre-release off Steam and started playing 25 minutes after midnight. I expected quite a few bugs to be present for the first two weeks or so. That was not the case. I've spent 198 in-game days thus far and have only encountered one quest-breaking bug, which I was able to fix myself with the console. If you don't like using the console, Bethesda will send out a patch to address such issues. The PC controls are confusing at first, but so far other reviews have been over-exaggerating. Play the game for three hours or so and you'll have the controls down no problem. If you're too set in your ways to get used to new controls, then Skyrim allows you to change them. That being said, you need an external mouse. Playing Skyrim on a laptop without an external mouse is too awkward; although, that's the case with a lot of games these days.

Another common issue seems to be the menus. There are a few issues in that area. Navigating the perk tree is awkward using the arrows; however, if you use the mouse there really isn't any issue. Navigating the main menu, especially if you wish to see "General Stats" is downright impossible without the mouse. You aren't able to see item stats (weight, cost, etc) without first selecting the item. Items aren't at all organized in containers, such as chests. I believe Fallout 3 did a better job of the trading-with-NPCs screen. Overall they could be better, but there aren't any deal-breaking issues. Personally, I actually like spending time going through everything I've collected. "Ooo I didn't notice I collected such-and-such item! Cool!"

I could go on and on about stuff other people have said, but instead I'll keep this short and end by saying overall Oblivion was a great game. Skyrim is even better. The only score that makes sense is 10/10.
  76. Nov 25, 2011
    Exceptionally well put together game. Breath-taking visuals, fantastic audio and music score. Probably the best Elder Scrolls, and the absolute best Bethesda game, to date.
  77. Nov 27, 2011
    A fantastic game that will give you a run for it's money. It deserves all of it's critical acclaim because it has been improved so much by Bethesda it's actually insane. The main quest is fun, the side quests are numerous and the gameplay has been improved tenfold. The environment will change by your will, the people will talk about your deeds, random events will keep you occupiedA fantastic game that will give you a run for it's money. It deserves all of it's critical acclaim because it has been improved so much by Bethesda it's actually insane. The main quest is fun, the side quests are numerous and the gameplay has been improved tenfold. The environment will change by your will, the people will talk about your deeds, random events will keep you occupied throughout the world and the endless amounts of towns and dungeons will keep you occupied forever. An amazing, captivating game that is worth EVERY penny. A ten out of ten for me. Expand
  78. Nov 28, 2011
    Once I boot this game after install it in my PC, I was mesmerize by the size of this world. It maybe have the same size as in the previous game but it has more content to explore, more dungeons and plus, dragons to fight. It have the same game mechanics as previous game but the developer have upgraded it to make this game more enjoyable. Leveling had been simplified with no classes andOnce I boot this game after install it in my PC, I was mesmerize by the size of this world. It maybe have the same size as in the previous game but it has more content to explore, more dungeons and plus, dragons to fight. It have the same game mechanics as previous game but the developer have upgraded it to make this game more enjoyable. Leveling had been simplified with no classes and jobs and this create more freedom for you to set you character with your personal skill set and perks. I'm impressed with it new graphic engine that packed with detail with vast landscape with long draw-distance. Perk system is new to the game and I really impressed with rich perks to choose when you level up so it add more depth to your character's skill. I play this game just to wander around, kill some dragons and loot at dungeons without really care all the quest I take. Still, it's not a perfect game but that not ruin the game experience itself. I found that this game really fulfill my wanderlust nature in free-roam games like this. Vast landscape waiting to be explored by players. I recommend to all Elder Scrolls and RPG games outside. Expand
  79. Nov 28, 2011
    I would normally hold off until completing a game before submitting a review, but there is the cold hard fact with Skyrim that I never will really complete this game - not because I will give up on playing it, but rather the exact opposite is true - like Oblivion, and to a slightly lesser extent also the two new Fallout games, this game goes on beyond what you expect by a degree that isI would normally hold off until completing a game before submitting a review, but there is the cold hard fact with Skyrim that I never will really complete this game - not because I will give up on playing it, but rather the exact opposite is true - like Oblivion, and to a slightly lesser extent also the two new Fallout games, this game goes on beyond what you expect by a degree that is hard to pinpoint. Speaking of pure out-of-the-box content alone, there is already so much to explore and experience that no other single player game out this year can compete in the sheer number of hours that can be poured into playing the game. Such a broad and ambitious game however comes at a price, and that price is technical issues - the game, on all platforms it would seem, has been somewhat fraught with them from release, and noticeably there are the predictable element of PC players who are so affronted by bugs (that are already being resolved) that they refuse to acknowledge the games' qualities at all - a juvenile response. Simply put, though I too had my share of issues getting the game running for a while, I have still managed to spend 62 hours in game so far since the day after release, with probably a record game-to-sleep/life ratio for myself at least. All this despite bugs - the fact remains, despite a few reactionary naysayers, this game has deservedly received universal praise for it's scope, ambition and downright playability from a gameplay perspective - first impressions reveal it to not have changed from Oblivion in any dramatic way, but after digging in some more it becomes very clear very quickly that there are many significant new developments, as well as a major revision of how magic works (with the peculiar removal of spell creation, however) in combat, with left and right handed weapons and spells providing a more reflex and exciting combat system than in any Elder Scrolls game to date. Part of the beauty of these games and the secret to their continued success and shelf-life is the expandability provided by third party mods, of which there are already numerous tweaks and minor alterations, and some less minor (the seemingly much maligned inventory system has already had one reinvention that presents your items and stats in a clear and accessible manner). The game is huge and it can only get bigger, and after the standard for official expansions was set so high with The Shivering Isles for Oblivion, we can likely expect some equally dramatic work from Bethesda themselves in the future. Like Oblivion, this game will be played for years to come, and rightly so. Expand
  80. Nov 28, 2011
    To put it short: brilliant game. I have been using every spare moment of my time since the game released to play it. I honestly can't remember being this immersed in a game since I first played World of Warcraft back in 2006 or so. That's really saying something considering most games do not impress me at all these days.

Having never been a fan of the Elder Scrolls series before this

Having never been a fan of the Elder Scrolls series before this game, perhaps my opinions is a little skewed. For me, this has been an entirely new experience that I thought may have only existed in MMO's, a market that is completely saturated at this current time. I was beyond surprised and pleased when I began my journeys through the harsh, beautiful, and vast world of Skyrim. The voice overs are good, only becoming cheesy or poor from time to time, the combat system is fun and feels rewarding br leveling your character up in real time by actually performing an action, and perks you receive from leveling up definitely make your character feel like more of a hero. That heavy armor may take up alot of your bag space, but trust me, once you fill out your perks, it's worth it! Other skills are improved upon in a similar, rewarding way. The game isn't without it problems. The game has several glitches, and many people have even run into game breaking bugs. If you play on PC, there seems to be a constant "crash to desktop" error as well that can be pretty infuriating when you are engrossed in the game. Having to constantly save due to a game's instability is unacceptable. Overall, the game is gorgeous and rewarding, though at times the bugs can cause you to want to rip your hair out. Given the massive size of this world and the adventures that take place in it though, most players will be willing to forgive them. The good far, far outweighs the bad. A game I will certainly never forget.
  81. Nov 29, 2011
    Overall, Skyrim is fantastic. For 2011, I cannot say that there is a better RPG, and definitely not one which combines the openness, superior storyline, attention to detail, and availability. This is a game that can be picked up by practically anybody and enjoyed -- so long as you have the countless hours to devote to it. ______ With that said, I feel that -- while this is an excellentOverall, Skyrim is fantastic. For 2011, I cannot say that there is a better RPG, and definitely not one which combines the openness, superior storyline, attention to detail, and availability. This is a game that can be picked up by practically anybody and enjoyed -- so long as you have the countless hours to devote to it. ______ With that said, I feel that -- while this is an excellent game that is worthy of its predecessors -- it still does not implement many of the improvements fans of Oblivion had been asking for. While things from Fallout 3 were incorporated into Skyrim that improved the gameplay (followers for one, enemies that are not ungodly difficult to kill when you level up in the 50s is another). Common things you would expect of a sequel of Oblivion are not incorporated. Horse combat does not exist. The AI is just as stupid as it was in Oblivion. The physics system is out of control (I stepped on a pot and it killed me at max health). Random dead bodies will merge out of the ground. Occasional lag spikes will occur if the distance on object detail is turned up past a certain point regardless of system. And did I mention bad AI? Out-of-sight, out-of-mind is all I can say, that and arrows flying past your face are "Probably nothing." ______ With that said, Skyrim is still a great game. The duel-wielding system is great, though some issues pop up where dyssynchrony occurs. The voice acting is more diverse (though not as much as it should be probably, especially with your followers' inventory command). But the main thing is that it is fun. $60 is a fair price for something that can entertain you for over 300 hours. And more, if you are one to spend the time creating multiple characters for different "builds." Minor bugs, like corpses emerging from terrain, can easily be fixed by patches. But, honestly, I find these bugs a little entertaining and the rest can be modded by the community to fix them. ______ Still, many of these things -- such as bad AI -- should have been fixed by now. Horse combat should be present. And freedom of movement in combat, such as doing slides, rolls, ripostes, etc, would, one think, be added to the game by now with influences such as "Brink" on the sidelines (aside: the ability to roll is in the game, however it is glitched and also only usable in sneak mode as a faster means of movement; it's ability to provide dodging against the AI is minimal). And, of course, any comp user would like to have a control format that allows him to use a setup other than WASD without error. ______ So, all said and done, this great game is still great. It is still worth your money. But keep in mind it is not perfect. And hopefully Bethesda will work on giving their games at the polish that has been demanded by fans for several years. I give it 9 Shouts of **** YES!" out of 10. Expand
  82. Nov 30, 2011
    Unbelievable good. Skyrim takes everything that was brilliant about previous Elder Scrolls titles and expands upon them tenfold. This game has pulled me away from all other games until I am happy I have "completed" it. There is no shortage of content and things to do, and 80 hours in I don't even feel like i'm near any sort of end.
  83. Dec 1, 2011
    This game has to be the best game I've ever played. Sure its buggy but most games, especially complex games are going to have bugs. I've been rather down with fantasy rpg games ever since Dragon Age 2 came out and I almost gave up on games in general. I loved the details among the many things you can do in the world.
  84. Dec 2, 2011
    Absolutely amazing. If you enjoy RPGs at all this game is a must-buy.

Is it perfect? Of course not; no game is. What is Skyrim? The game that truly makes you forget the time until all of a sudden it's 3am and you have to get up for work in 3 hours. It's the game that has made me squeeze an extra 70 hours in the past two weeks, despite all my obligations to work, family, and friends.
    Absolutely amazing. If you enjoy RPGs at all this game is a must-buy.

Skyrim is the kind of game you will want to play over and over, just to try different character paths and morality options.

I honestly cannot see how anybody can review this game as "negative" unless they either hate RPGs or had such high hopes that any game would make them bitter and angry.
  85. Dec 3, 2011
    Incredibly entertaining game, but probably too much time is spent in dungeons. Even though they never repeat you will always have a secret exit at the end of each dungeon to leave it faster without the need to go back, this is repetitive and predictable. The plot writing for the college of Winterhold (mages) was very mediocre but the good main story makes up for it. A good investment forIncredibly entertaining game, but probably too much time is spent in dungeons. Even though they never repeat you will always have a secret exit at the end of each dungeon to leave it faster without the need to go back, this is repetitive and predictable. The plot writing for the college of Winterhold (mages) was very mediocre but the good main story makes up for it. A good investment for your money. Get this game. Expand
  86. Dec 3, 2011
    I have heard a lot of complaining over the fact that "the game is too big and does not grasp a true RPG feel...". This is a completely contradictory statement, "Role Playing Game (RPG)", adventure and exploration is a very important factor of a role playing game. The amazing scenery and remarkable graphics are none like I have ever seen in any open world true RPG (and I have played quite aI have heard a lot of complaining over the fact that "the game is too big and does not grasp a true RPG feel...". This is a completely contradictory statement, "Role Playing Game (RPG)", adventure and exploration is a very important factor of a role playing game. The amazing scenery and remarkable graphics are none like I have ever seen in any open world true RPG (and I have played quite a few). With over 300 hours of game play the game calls for endless fun and adventure (which is literally true due to the fact that there are repeating quests and random encounters that never end...). Finishing moves add excitement to combat and animations like running and jumping have a more realistic feel than Oblivion in which jumping across a street was possible at the "flick of the ankles", in Skyrim the Dragonborn's arms and body reacts and bends and the legs bend at the appropriate joints to imitate the look of someone really jumping. Voice acting is not spectacular and yes can be important in a RPG, but Bethesda still managed to pull off 70 different voice actors playing over 150 roles which is far greater than Oblivion's ~10 voice actors. To conclude, if you enjoy a epicly thrilling adventure filled with breath taking visual scenery and fun combat then this is a game for you. Expand
  87. Dec 7, 2011
    I would be traversing the wilds of Skyrim right now, however I took an arrow in the knee so must sit and write about what I have learned.
    First off, This game is in no way deserving of a 10! So many bugs. (long list, you can look they up as you come across them..... yeah you are not the first to have that happen) some you can work around, some that make you just drop a certain quest line. (Saarthal the 6 pillarstones simply wont work for me..... cannot go any further. No workaround that I can find, previous saves don't clear up the issue)
    Do I expect it to be bug free? Would not dream of it. As a matter of fact, because it it a Bethesda game, I expect it, and would for some strange reason give it absolution from the rules of ratings. The price of this absolution is the highest score a gold Bethesda release can ever get is a 9. You know it needs patched even before you install it.

Sights and sounds are amazing. This is the ultimate "Whats over the next hill" game. Graphics and textures seem to be held back to accommodate our uhh...... not quite up to speed, distant relatives on the console side of the family, but work nicely and set me into a fine state of immersion. So just a small hit here. (took me 2 hours to get sound to work, Bethesda logo war drums nothing. Was playing with headphones. Updated all drivers ya-da, ya-da, ya-da.... set audio from headphones to surround sound and fixed!)

Lets talk Gravity for a moment. Although this game feels less "floaty" then last efforts, this bugs me more then all other Bethesda traits. Sneak your way through a cave and walk over a skull. It flies across the room like you kicked it with all your might.
    All this vertical terrine and I can just run down most steep cliffs without any fear of falling to my death. About the only time gravity kicks in is when I'm running up hill and get caught on a 6 inch lip in the hillside. I guess all those $$$$$ make them float around the office, and they perceive gravity a little different.
    That's my biggest pet peeve against Bethesda games. Big minus in the score column.

All and all, at the end of the day I have a lot of fun, and would say that there are lots of adventures awaiting. 30 some hours into it, and I feel like I have just nicked the surface. Weighing good vs bad with this game is unlike most games ratings. It's more like your personal tolerance meter then a score. Some company's put out a 6 hour game today for the same price. I feel that I will not find most of the bugs before they are fixed, and I'll be playing this game for a long while. So I give the game an 8.5. This is the sum of the overall value to me. It is a lot of entertainment for the money, and the good outshines its unsightly blemishes.
  88. Dec 9, 2011
    Love the Game, absolutely positively the best game I've played ever. Loved Morrowind when i came out, Loved Oblivion when it came out too. Skyrim is amazing and it can only get better. I understand people's reasons for hating the game as it does have flaws but some people are incapable of looking past any negative aspects of any game. Graphics are beautiful, although more voice actorsLove the Game, absolutely positively the best game I've played ever. Loved Morrowind when i came out, Loved Oblivion when it came out too. Skyrim is amazing and it can only get better. I understand people's reasons for hating the game as it does have flaws but some people are incapable of looking past any negative aspects of any game. Graphics are beautiful, although more voice actors would be nice. Story is Good. Not amazing but it falls in line with all the previous games. More or less. I bought it for 360 but i intend to purchase it on Steam very soon. As soon as i finish upgrading my computer. So bottom line, Game is amazing, even if you have never played any of the previous games it could easily become one of your favorite games. Obvious choice for Game of the Year on all platforms. Expand
  89. Dec 11, 2011
    THE best game out there right now- possibly ever made. For how much playing time you get it is well worth the price and whatever bugs are happening. Truth is- bugs will get fixed, and mods and patches will be made. It's only going to get better. So you better jump on the skyrim train to tamriel because this game is great for everyone. If you hate fighting badass creatures and adventuringTHE best game out there right now- possibly ever made. For how much playing time you get it is well worth the price and whatever bugs are happening. Truth is- bugs will get fixed, and mods and patches will be made. It's only going to get better. So you better jump on the skyrim train to tamriel because this game is great for everyone. If you hate fighting badass creatures and adventuring for treasure, you can sit in Whiterun and smith to level 40 :) Expand
  90. Dec 15, 2011
    Simple the best game I have played since Oblivion was release. I have not had any major issues and I pre-ordered and have been playing since release. That said, there were minor graphics issues that were fixed with the first patch and that patch did create some minor in game bugs that should be easy to patch. However if they made the game this much more awesome then Oblivion I cant waitSimple the best game I have played since Oblivion was release. I have not had any major issues and I pre-ordered and have been playing since release. That said, there were minor graphics issues that were fixed with the first patch and that patch did create some minor in game bugs that should be easy to patch. However if they made the game this much more awesome then Oblivion I cant wait til the construction set gets released so the modding Com can start working and the next expansion WOOO HOOO Expand
  91. Dec 16, 2011
    Depsite certain nostalgic critics, Skyrim is the best Elder Scrolls game to date. It has the same in depth, complex RPG gaming that TES games have always had, with some slight (welcome) modifications, but a more visceral combat experience. Glitches are a problem, but no more so than Oblivion suffered on release, and the glitches are slowly being patched.
    My favorite game of all time.
    My favorite game of all time. Seriously, this is RPG gaming at its finest.
  92. Dec 18, 2011
    The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is simply one of the greatest single player games of all time! The graphics are absolutely astounding in every aspect. The gameplay is incredible. You really do feel like your apart of the story and that it's up to you to make the decision at the right times. There are some very minor flaws with this game but i stress only minor, plus what game is perfect?The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is simply one of the greatest single player games of all time! The graphics are absolutely astounding in every aspect. The gameplay is incredible. You really do feel like your apart of the story and that it's up to you to make the decision at the right times. There are some very minor flaws with this game but i stress only minor, plus what game is perfect? Some of the very few flaws with this game, and other Bethesda games is the Save system. The seem to follow the old school save system where the "auto save" feature for this game is very scarce and you must remember to save the game manually before entering specific areas or you'll find yourself 30 minutes behind should you be slane. Another old school errer which they make is the invisible barrier. Personally I thought that this feature would have been made obsolete. Clearly not the case but it does exist within the game. Moving onto positives tho, the thought of fighting a dragon 1 vs 1 would generally frighten people, but in Skyrim you really do crave the opportunity battling with them and also giants with their humerous "pet Mammoths" as I like to call them. There is so much to do in Skyrim I wot spoil anything for you now but if ther is ANY game that you buy this year, i emplore you, PLEASE buy Skyrim, you will not be disappointed! Expand
  93. Dec 19, 2011
    After 100 hours of Skyrim I have to say that Bethesda Softworks has made a big leap with Skyrim. It has ALOT of content ingame. There's alot of things to do. You can explore dungeons, do quests, join guilds, master your skills and even try to kill everyone in the world.
    The sidequests are good, but guild quests aren't so good. (Possible spoiler alert!!) Like in Mage guild, there wasn't much time as a pupil. In oblivion you had to do quests to gain ranks and when you were high ranked enough, the "main" part of the questline starts. In Skyrim, you sign up as a pupil to the guild, but after 2 quests you're already on way to become the archmage. There isn't a feeling of progress, it's pretty disappointing.
    The holds (cities) are very interesting. Maybe the first hold you'll see is Whiterun. The first time I got there, I was amazed by the views, there's great mountains close by and they're veeery nice looking. Sometimes you just go somewhere just to see the nice scenery of Skyrim.
    Even though Skyrim has glitches, I haven't encountered glitches that would ruin my game experience. All the glitches that I encountered were rather funny! Like a mammoth dropping from the sky or giant hitting you to the skies.
    The combat is alot better than Oblivions. They could have done it better, but it doesn't care so much.
    So I have played Skyrim for 100 hours now and there's still pretty much to do. Just gotta do quests before the Construction Set (the same program that dev's used to make Skyrim) comes out, which means that everyone can make their own mods easily.
    Overall Skyrim is a great game! I have always loved Elder Scrolls and always will. If you have PC and console, buy it on PC. PC has mods, consoles doesn't.
  94. Dec 29, 2011
    It is one of the best games in which I played! Skirim simply bomb in series The elder scrolls! World research gives unknown pleasure, the world lives! Certainly there are some bugs, but with patches they are gradually corrected! Manually fulfilled vaults, a drawing, all in this game is ideal. Magnificence Skirim can be compared only to magnificence Oblivion in due time!!
  95. Dec 31, 2011
    While The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim does not revolutionize the RPG genre it sure does bring fresh new content to the table. From epic scenery to ferocious dragon battles. The world of Skyrim left more to desire though, wishing for a more ambient and interactive world to explore. Don't get me wrong the world itself and detail of design of this game is amongst the best I've ever seen theseWhile The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim does not revolutionize the RPG genre it sure does bring fresh new content to the table. From epic scenery to ferocious dragon battles. The world of Skyrim left more to desire though, wishing for a more ambient and interactive world to explore. Don't get me wrong the world itself and detail of design of this game is amongst the best I've ever seen these past years. That's the main reason why I did not give this game a 10/10. Lost 1 point for lack of ambiance amongst the world. Exploring the world itself can take time and not to mention playing on "Master" difficulty will add plenty of hours to main quests and side quests. Whilst playing on anything below "Master" will definitely leave you wanting for more since the main quest is a bit short but can be elongated if the difficulty setting is changed. Then again, there are plenty of other quests the game provides you that will keep you busy through months, that is if you're the perfectionist or adventurer type. There are plenty of crafts to master from smithing to enchanting weaponry. I took another point off due to the basic level up system Skyrim has, while there are a variety of options there's not enough to say it is a true RPG leveling system. It follows more of the likes of Dragon Age, which is simplistic and does not really leave room to create unique characters from pures to hybrids. The giants are stronger than dragons debate I can say it is the difficulty level you're playing and the dragon you're fighting. A regular dragon is amongst the easiest, whilst a frost dragon can 1 hit KO the character. Most of these people complaining about the length obviously didn't take the time to change the difficulty setting of the game and just basically rushed through the main story instead of allowing themselves to enjoy this game. There's tons of books scattered around to collect that provide knowledge of certain areas, characters, history, organizations, and ect that can keep you busy reading if you're the person who enjoys expanding you're knowledge about Skyrim. I have to agree with some people stating some side quests left more to desire and that's another reason why I'm not giving this game a 10/10. About glitches and bugs found in Skyrim, we have to understand this is an open world sand box game so expect plenty of bugs and glitches. There's really nothing game breaking other than some words cannot be learned due to a bug on the game but does not necessarily impair you from completing quests.Overall this game is worth the $60.00 for players who are RPG fans. Many people claim this game is repetitive but which game isn't? FPS games = shoot/mission over/ cinematic/ infiltrate shoot/ mission over/ cinematic. That debate loses plenty of credibility fast as this game provides plenty of other options to keep yourself busy and away from monotonous dungeon clearing. Expand
  96. Mar 24, 2014
    One of the most compelling RPGs I've played in a long time, Skyrim presents players with all they could ask in this genre: good story, wonderful graphics and ambience, immersive and non-repetitive quests, beautiful and diversified environments, attractive game mechanics (casting spells has never been so fun) and a highly appealing theme (vikings and dragons can't go wrong). I must admitOne of the most compelling RPGs I've played in a long time, Skyrim presents players with all they could ask in this genre: good story, wonderful graphics and ambience, immersive and non-repetitive quests, beautiful and diversified environments, attractive game mechanics (casting spells has never been so fun) and a highly appealing theme (vikings and dragons can't go wrong). I must admit it's hard to stop playing, even after completing the whole game twice. BUT, there's the feeling that something is missing. What could it be? Well, once you get past the distractions, you will realize how utterly broken this game is; it's highly unbalanced in every possible aspect, and it favors exploiting the game's leveling mechanics instead of actually playing in order to level up your skills. If you choose to be a wizard, you will soon realize that magic is pretty weak once you reach a certain point in the game or select a higher difficulty, because the only way to increase magic damage is picking two perks that will (together) boost it by 50%, and that's it. As for the weapons, skill value and perks will increase it's damage by 215% or more (depending on the weapon), and it can be improved with smithing to give over 800% it's initial damage, without cheating. This can be achieved by using your alchemy skill to make potions that increase enchanting, then drink it and enchant your equipment to boost alchemy, repeat the process several times until you have the best possible enchantment potions, then use it to enchant armors which will boost your smithing skill, wear it, drink a smithing potion made with your best alchemy boosting equipment, and, finally, improve your weapon at the grinstone. Then you drink another potion to boost your enchanting and put enchantments on your armor that will increase damage output from weapons. This is the formula for power in Skyrim. I know, it sounds crazy. Anyway, while a Mage will start the game dealing 8 damage with initial spells and improve to a maximum of 80 damage with the top spells and perks, a Warrior or Archer will begin dealing about the same ammount of damage with inferior weapons and skills, but will have his damage improved to over 650 with top enchantments and weapons. And this is only a small example of how unbalanced and exploitable Skyrim is. Once you have your enchanted equipment, all other items you find in the game are just useless and inferior. Skyrim allows the player to save/load at any time, another exploit that takes the fun out of the game; what's the point of having the thrill of being caught pickpocketing when everyone saves the game before such actions to prevent failure? You will save before doing anything in this game to assure your success, because the game allows it. I can't give Skyrim a higher score because, even though it is awesome, it was not tested and balanced before it's release nor patched later, it is broken and will always be. Expand
  97. Jan 7, 2012
    Has passed all for 150 hours, there was a pair of not working quests, and desire to find still something interesting, especially wasn't picked much. Despite that what to complete it it is possible indefinitely, game beautiful enough and thought over.
  98. Jan 13, 2012
    Much like Oblivion this is a game which provides an entirely new world to explore and interact with. The focus is on creating your story and no one really demands of you to be Dragonborn and follow the main quest until the end. I have had loads of fun simply playing as a thief, assassin and an archer. If you are creative and keen on roleplaying, this game is for you.
    There is however at
    There is however at least one huge downside to this game. Where the other Elder Scrolls always managed to make me feel as a part of the world, Skyrim makes me feel distant to it. It doesn't persuade me about its own history, and most of the time I feel like I am playing someone else's made up world.
    Despite that huge downside, this is still one of the best games of 2011 and a must buy for anyone looking for some 200 hours worth of escapism.
  99. Jan 16, 2012
    A startling amount of content in a beautiful package. The environments and the soundtrack blend beautifully to create a world you really want to get lost in. And with so many quests to do, you can easily pour over a hundred hours into this great game. Though there are bound to be glitches in a game of this magnitude as well as a lack of a fully substantial story, Skyrim still offers theA startling amount of content in a beautiful package. The environments and the soundtrack blend beautifully to create a world you really want to get lost in. And with so many quests to do, you can easily pour over a hundred hours into this great game. Though there are bound to be glitches in a game of this magnitude as well as a lack of a fully substantial story, Skyrim still offers the most immersive and enormous world for gamers to explore. Expand
  100. Jan 20, 2012
    A fun game with lots of things to do. However, the world doesn't feel very immersive mainly due to the ai. People you just spoke with will forget you in an instant and tell you something generic, such as they took an arrow to the knee or that you shouldn't steal from them. Combat is dull and ultimately depends on the number of health potions you've brought or the level of your stats. FastA fun game with lots of things to do. However, the world doesn't feel very immersive mainly due to the ai. People you just spoke with will forget you in an instant and tell you something generic, such as they took an arrow to the knee or that you shouldn't steal from them. Combat is dull and ultimately depends on the number of health potions you've brought or the level of your stats. Fast travel removes the excitement of exploration, but traveling is ineffective if you don't use it. Dispite having the choice of compainions, the world feels really lonely and there isn't really any characters with a lot of personality (especially guards). It still gets a 8 out of 10 because of the sheer amount of content. Expand
  101. Nov 16, 2011
    After twenty-five plus hours played I still have not got around to finishing the main storyline. My quest log is loaded and I have not even explored all of the major towns yet. This game is packed with content and is literally the most fun I've had with a game in years. The combat system, for the most part is familiar to that of Oblivion, but the executions are absoultely awesome. SoAfter twenty-five plus hours played I still have not got around to finishing the main storyline. My quest log is loaded and I have not even explored all of the major towns yet. This game is packed with content and is literally the most fun I've had with a game in years. The combat system, for the most part is familiar to that of Oblivion, but the executions are absoultely awesome. So far I have not encountered any game breaking bugs, or anything really noticeable. The wait for this game was worth it (now the wait for mods begins) and I will be playing it for years to come. Collapse

1. Feb 29, 2012