8.1

1. Apr 26, 2015
    9/10 for the game
    0/10 for the paid mods
    Valve/Bethesda, you dun ****ed up.
    Uh.... I need more characters so....
    /150characterssssssssssss
    There we go
  2. Apr 27, 2015
    Okay, now that the paid-mod is gone I can rate this game back up to 10.
    The base game alone would be 8~9/10 but with mods it's easily 10/10 or even 11/10.
  3. Apr 26, 2015
    I will not mince words. Skyrim became one of the best modern games because a community of amazing and talented people made post release modifications. These transformed an expansive game into a full and rich experience that could be enjoyed for hundreds of hours. THEN THEY BURNED IT TO THE GROUND. NO PAID MODS.
  4. Apr 27, 2015
    Very large world to explore with a rich enough world that I'm pretty sure I'm never actually going to bother completing the story from all the distractions.
  5. Apr 26, 2015
    It a solid game as it is (vanilla), but to make more of it you will surely want to install a couple of mods. And they were free as they were made by modders that do it for love and fun. Now money grabbing bi* in Bethseda and Vulva want to charge for it and give measly 25% to the modders and keeping rest for themselves. Yea right.
  6. Apr 25, 2015
    Be careful not to support this game's company. They are pushing the idea of monetizing mods, something that could destroy the modding community as we know it. Think of it like this; If charging for modifications becomes the norm, then lazy devs like Bethesda will no longer have to fix bugs since they'll rely on the community to fix their mods and still get 75% of the profit. Not only thatBe careful not to support this game's company. They are pushing the idea of monetizing mods, something that could destroy the modding community as we know it. Think of it like this; If charging for modifications becomes the norm, then lazy devs like Bethesda will no longer have to fix bugs since they'll rely on the community to fix their mods and still get 75% of the profit. Not only that but modders will be forced to sell their mods to prevent someone else making money off his/her mod, then Bethesda will get 75% of the profits for doing nothing other than firing their QA team, relying on modders and forcing the gaming community to pay 10 dollars to fix bugs that shouldn't have been in the base product. Expand
  7. Apr 26, 2015
    This game without mods - 4/10
    This game with mods - 10/10
    This game with paid mods - 0/10

Congratulations for destroying the biggest modding community in the world in one day, Valve.
  8. Apr 26, 2015
    This game has it's problems, and it's strong points.

This game has it's problems, and it's strong points.

Bethesda tends to release expansive, games, brimming with potential, but their eyes also tend to be too big for their stomach so to speak. They end up releasing games brimming with bugs (Also in many of their games they seem incapable of actually making a normal humanoid head. Skyrim was the best so far at this). They've relied heavily on the mod community to fix these things after the beginnings of it in Daggerfall (where modding wasn't supported), with Morrowind, it was full on support for mods, and someone at Bethsoft should have rightfully gotten a huge pay raise. It helped make tons of loyal fans for the entire series, and if you think it didn't affect the success of the games? You are likely delusional.

Here are my problems with it.

Dumbed down. The removal of several systems that were present in previous iterations of the series were not an improvement. Skyrim often feels like it lacks customization.

Magic kind of sucks. It's been kind of going downhill for the entire series though, but there are several seemingly confusing oversights. Such as the lack of mark and recall spells.

Where are my vambraces? Sentence says it all.

The biggest downside now though: Paid mods. Yes the thing that skyrim relied on heavily since it's launch, and the thing Bethesda has been relying on for, idk a decade or so, is now open to purchase. Just like DLC, aren't you excited consumer? Oh and the creator of the content gets 25%, 45% going to bethsoft, and 30% going to Valve. So the person doing the work, gets a quarter on every dollar. Clearly a framework based on the outright exploitation of the work of others for financial gain. The legal issues alone are staggering, unlicensed student versions of 3dsmax, appropriation of the assets of others under a non-commercial license suddenly appearing in commercial mods, outright theft of mods, the fracturing of the modding community. It's a bad thing. They did this game in, but hopefully we can all stop it here. Paid mods? No more.
  9. Apr 26, 2015
    as much as i adore this game, the lore, the franchise and the community built around it. i cannot in good conscience support such blatant abuse of the community.

the community has done nothing but support bethesda and the elder scrolls over the years, creating countless stories, extensions, creations and resources, extending what would otherwise be good games into incredible and endlessly expansible worlds, magnifying the value and influence of their games 100fold.

terry pratchett HIMSELF(of discworld fame) was an advocate of free and open modding, creating for the art and passion of improving other people's experiences. he worked on the famous companion vilja mods for oblivion and skyrim, he would be rolling in his grave if he saw the desecration of the community he loved so dearly at the hands of valve.

the community is incredibly interconnected, with shared resources, tools, inter-dependencies of mods relying on other mods to function, and people creating odds and ends for the simple enjoyment of having others make use of them and grow as creators, many of those have gone into hiding, locked away their mods and resources for fear of having them be taken and sold by less scrupulous individuals.

mod theft was rampant on the workshop before this, with many creators struggling to reclaim ownership of their hard work, this system just serves to reward the thieves more than they already are. leaving the workshop to moderate itself has left accountability at an all time low

i DO believe modders should be supported for their work, but not at the expense of tearing apart the community, shoving valuable resources behind a paywall, removing already existing beloved creations just so they could be hidden behind a price tag.

donations or a system similar to patreon where users can support mod development is what should have been done, while not be beholden to pay for a mod that may or may not even WORK with their system. but a straight up cash gate, with bethesda and valve claiming the VAST MAJORITY of the income for themselves, and giving the mod creators the left over scraps is COMPLETELY ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT UNACCEPTABLE, these people have worked their asses off out of love for you and your platforms for nearly a decade, and you exploit them as slave labor.

mod authors should be SUPPORTED, not scammed, the community should not be forced to pay out of their pocket for something that may not work with their system, or may outright be stolen, if the work is good and truly does what it says, is neither exploitative and abusive, then people will gladly support it in droves. this cash gate is unacceptable and 90% of the community knows it, only the most shameless of sycophants are in support of this mess.

bethesda and valve, along with those who have betrayed the community, either deliberately or unwittingly, have driven resource creators and artists into hiding, caused some of the most brilliant community members to shun everyone and pack up their work, locking it away in the depths of their hard drives out of fear of exploitation

i recommend you take your business elsewhere, play something else, buy an under appreciated indie game, as long as bethesda continues to exploit the community that elevated them to where they are today, they deserve nothing but our scorn. if they come to their senses and make amends for this atrocity, then maybe the community can begin to heal and they will restore our shattered respect for them
  10. Apr 25, 2015
    Valve and Bethesda have joined forces to destroy what makes PC gaming the way it is. They have started monetizing MODS made by community members. They try to pass it as modders making money, but what these snakes don't tell you is that they keep 75% of the money, the creator of the content only gets 25%. On top of that, they need to make $100 a month to get paid, if they can't get that,Valve and Bethesda have joined forces to destroy what makes PC gaming the way it is. They have started monetizing MODS made by community members. They try to pass it as modders making money, but what these snakes don't tell you is that they keep 75% of the money, the creator of the content only gets 25%. On top of that, they need to make $100 a month to get paid, if they can't get that, Valve keeps it. This is not only another step in destroying PC gaming, much like DLC, it has ruined what was once a great, friendly modding community.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCIENCE, OR DESIRE TO SEE PC GAMING STAY THE WAY IT IS! A PURCHASE OF THIS GAME IS DIRECTLY FUNDING THE DEATH OF YOUR OWN HOBBY!

THERE ARE OTHER WAYS TO PLAY, DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO VALVE OF BETHESDA,
  11. Apr 26, 2015
    From one of my favorite franchises, to one i will avoid like the plague...How the mighty have fallen. This is a great game but Bethsoft have turned into greedy scum.
  12. Apr 23, 2015
    Paying for mods? Is this some kind of sick cruel joke? This decision makes Nintendo's decision to take ad revenue from YouTube streamers look smart. This game isn't worth playing without the mods.
  13. Apr 23, 2015
    Now with 1,000,000% more paid DLC, first horse armor now this. Greedy company is, greedy. I wouldn't buy another game from them if they paid me to take it.
  14. Apr 24, 2015
    Thanks for the paid mods you greedy **** this game is mediocre without mods, and now you just came and steal that from your own game. Bravo, you can't be more stupids Valve/Betrashda.
  15. Apr 25, 2015
    Was a great game, then they started forcing people to pay for mods. Bethesda and Valve have shown their true colours, and how can we stand for this? Fix the Workshop!
  16. Apr 25, 2015
    Endless bugs, dull mainquest, nothing-to-do open world... and now the trojan horse of the modding comunity invasion. This game will sure be remembered. Bethesda, Valve; get gud.
  17. Apr 25, 2015
    Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs.
  18. Apr 25, 2015
    Paid mods are **** cancer and do nothing except destroy the community. Valve and Bethesda are going to be hurt by this more than they will than the $20 they make off of the 10 people retarded enough to buy a mod.
  19. Apr 26, 2015
    This is more of a recommendation than a review.

I love this game a lot, but the entire community is being ruined by paid mods on the Steam Workshop. Yes, you may wonder why I post here and not on Steam, but these paid mods affect the entirety of the Skyrim modding community, and until this stops, Skyrim is going to be a near ruined game. I do not want this to happen, and therefore I
    This is more of a recommendation than a review.

I do not want this to happen, and therefore I leave a negative review.
  20. Apr 26, 2015
    Get farmville its got better graphics and pay mods at least have support.
    Or buy this game so bethesda and valve don't starve to death, we all know gaben cannot afford to miss a meal.
  21. Apr 26, 2015
    I've not seen such a horrible move by Bethesda and Valve. I've played the game for over three hundred hours, and as Valve introduced the paid mod scheme, I will never support either company ever again.
  22. Apr 26, 2015
    Pay for mods, no thank you! Valve can kindly take their Jewish Goiym and shove it up their arses. Free modders unite for the glory of the PC community!
  23. Apr 26, 2015
    Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. PaidPaid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Paid mods are terrible. Expand
  24. Apr 25, 2015
    Skyrim was fun game but with a large amount of bugs and some very poorly implemented user interface features, game was also pretty short and easy.
    With Mods you could fix almost all the bugs and repair your UI add immersion more quests more replayability more character customization better graphics etc...
    With paid mods someone like me who uses 90 mods I would need to spend about
    With paid mods someone like me who uses 90 mods I would need to spend about 200-400$ for the mods I use....
    Skyrim Vanilla 6/10
    Skyrim with mods 10/10
    Skyrim with paid mods 0/10
  25. Apr 25, 2015
    Do not support Bethesda any more. They were always horrible, but they had some redeeming features which brought us back. Long have they released unfinished games for full price, and expected modders to fix them. But now they're reaping profits from these modders with paid mods, the developers of the mods are getting miniscule profits from THEIR OWN WORK and steam has been removing donateDo not support Bethesda any more. They were always horrible, but they had some redeeming features which brought us back. Long have they released unfinished games for full price, and expected modders to fix them. But now they're reaping profits from these modders with paid mods, the developers of the mods are getting miniscule profits from THEIR OWN WORK and steam has been removing donate links! The game itself is boring and needs to be modded to have any fun to begin with. Expand
  26. Apr 25, 2015
    I am seriously disappointed by Bethesda's greedy decision of taking 75% of the profit generated by mods their users make. This will go down in history as one of the worst changes made to an otherwise flawless game.

Skyrim Vanilla 8/10
    Skyrim with mods 10/10
    Skyrim with paid mods 0/10
  27. Apr 26, 2015
    The paid mods initiative is an unbelievably cynical cash grab that has introduced a totally horrific concept to PC gaming.

The idea is now "out there", companies like Valve and EA are going to keep trying this till it pays off for them in the long term.

Everything about gaming is now a nickle and dime zero sum game. What a farce.
  28. Apr 26, 2015
    So Valve and Bethesda have pretty much shown how to destroy an entire industry/community in one day. Of all the worst things that have been happening to games lately, this is one of, if not THE, worst thing.
  29. Apr 26, 2015
    I love this game but charging for mods is stupid and I will never pay for them. It actually makes me sick, thanks Bethesda for being trash. That's it, nothing else worth saying.
  30. Apr 26, 2015
    Like most Bethesda games, Skyrim is only mediocre when played without mods. With mods, the cool factor rises a million times over. Mods let you change almost every element of the game, adding immeasurable fun, and replay value. With that said, this is going to be a negative review because Bethesda, and Valve, have enabled a system where modders can now sell their mods on Steam.

1. Feb 29, 2012
  2. Feb 14, 2012
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012