8.2

1. Apr 26, 2015
    Bethesda and Valve are encouraging modders to place their mods behind a Paywall the vanilla game is buggy and full of CDT again paid mod is a paywall.
  2. Apr 24, 2015
    Thanks for the paid mods you greedy **** this game is mediocre without mods, and now you just came and steal that from your own game. Bravo, you can't be more stupids Valve/Betrashda.
  3. Apr 26, 2015
    Skyrim was, and still is, an okay game, but made better with mods. However, VALVe's recent introduction of paid mods on the Steam Workshop will almost certainly turn the modding community (which is what kept this game going long after it should have dies out) against each other, after years of harmony. They're even censoring donation links to the modders, all so VALVe and Bethesda can takeSkyrim was, and still is, an okay game, but made better with mods. However, VALVe's recent introduction of paid mods on the Steam Workshop will almost certainly turn the modding community (which is what kept this game going long after it should have dies out) against each other, after years of harmony. They're even censoring donation links to the modders, all so VALVe and Bethesda can take 75% of the money that we WILL NOT GIVE.

Damage has already been done, but VALVe, you can still fix this. All you need to do is by removing the option to pay, and adding a donation button, with at least 90% going directly to the modder. Until then, I will not support Bethesda and VALVe.

TL;DR: You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Goodbye, VALVe.
  4. Apr 25, 2015
    Skyrim was fun game but with a large amount of bugs and some very poorly implemented user interface features, game was also pretty short and easy.
    With Mods you could fix almost all the bugs and repair your UI add immersion more quests more replayability more character customization better graphics etc...
    With paid mods someone like me who uses 90 mods I would need to spend about
    With paid mods someone like me who uses 90 mods I would need to spend about 200-400$ for the mods I use....
    Skyrim Vanilla 6/10
    Skyrim with mods 10/10
    Skyrim with paid mods 0/10
  5. Apr 25, 2015
    I am seriously disappointed by Bethesda's greedy decision of taking 75% of the profit generated by mods their users make. This will go down in history as one of the worst changes made to an otherwise flawless game.

Skyrim Vanilla 8/10
    Skyrim with mods 10/10
    Skyrim with paid mods 0/10
  6. Apr 26, 2015
    The paid mods initiative is an unbelievably cynical cash grab that has introduced a totally horrific concept to PC gaming.

The idea is now "out there", companies like Valve and EA are going to keep trying this till it pays off for them in the long term.

Everything about gaming is now a nickle and dime zero sum game. What a farce.
  7. Apr 26, 2015
    So Valve and Bethesda have pretty much shown how to destroy an entire industry/community in one day. Of all the worst things that have been happening to games lately, this is one of, if not THE, worst thing.
  8. Apr 26, 2015
    I love this game but charging for mods is stupid and I will never pay for them. It actually makes me sick, thanks Bethesda for being trash. That's it, nothing else worth saying.
  9. Apr 26, 2015
    Like most Bethesda games, Skyrim is only mediocre when played without mods. With mods, the cool factor rises a million times over. Mods let you change almost every element of the game, adding immeasurable fun, and replay value. With that said, this is going to be a negative review because Bethesda, and Valve, have enabled a system where modders can now sell their mods on Steam.
  10. Apr 26, 2015
    Skyrim success belong to the modders, don't destroy this community with greed.
    The pc gaming community will not accept this and thus the revolt has begun.
    Valve may not be your savior now, so open your mind and accept facts as they are right now.
  11. Apr 27, 2015
    The game is now promoting paid mods which is very bad for health of the community and potential gamer.

Such cynical acts are ruining gaming industry and are a greedy way for grabing cash from customers.
  12. Apr 26, 2015
    WAGE-THEFT, MICRO-TRANSACTIONS & YOU

Valve and Bethesda are now "servicing" PAID mods to gamers. The mod creators themselves only take 25% from it. These modders are "self-employed". Bethesda and Valve are not legally bound to these people. Valve and Bethesda reinvented Micro-transactions, already the most unethical business practice of the decade, and it is now an INDIRECT source
    WAGE-THEFT, MICRO-TRANSACTIONS & YOU

Valve and Bethesda reinvented Micro-transactions, already the most unethical business practice of the decade, and it is now an INDIRECT source of revenue, exploiting both gamers and modders for their hard work.

Nevermind modding was about enjoying your time with the game, having fun and giving back to the community. Now it's a business. Serious business. It involves money, trademarks and possible litigation over ownership of intellectual property.

Bethesda can now rely on modders to work for a pittance while cashing in the profits, at the same time avoiding ALL legal issues if there are ANY problems with said mods. Modders are on their own.

Bethesda is taking pretty much half of the profit, and modders (who are not employees, thus Bethesda doesn't owe them anything) are left to dry in the sand. No rights, no protection.

And if you think 25% is bad, you're not taking taxes into account. It's worse than bad.
  13. Apr 25, 2015
    Once an example of an open source game for modders to experiment with.
    A way to passionately make mods for everyone to enjoy.
    Now it will turn into a cash cow for bethesda's and valve's greed by putting mods behind pay walls. And the modders? They only get 25% of the money, while the other 20 - 30 percent goes to valve and 45% to bethesda. Its a way to make unofficial dlc, that
    Once an example of an open source game for modders to experiment with.
    A way to passionately make mods for everyone to enjoy.

Its a way to make unofficial dlc, that might get their support pulled any day, and might turn incompatible any day without the developer having any responsibility to fix the mod.
  14. Apr 25, 2015
    Thanks to a major monetization effort by Bethesda and Valve, Skyrim is now utterly worthless as a game; it is no longer freely moddable. Resources like Nexus, ModDB, and even Loverslab are now equally worthless, as Bethesda will be pushing out a patch to remove the ability to mod outside of the Workshop. These things are what made Skyrim good. Now, it's just a bad, buggy piece of ****
  15. Apr 25, 2015
    Be careful not to support this game's company. They are pushing the idea of monetizing mods, something that could destroy the modding community as we know it. Think of it like this; If charging for modifications becomes the norm, then lazy devs like Bethesda will no longer have to fix bugs since they'll rely on the community to fix their mods and still get 75% of the profit. Not only thatBe careful not to support this game's company. They are pushing the idea of monetizing mods, something that could destroy the modding community as we know it. Think of it like this; If charging for modifications becomes the norm, then lazy devs like Bethesda will no longer have to fix bugs since they'll rely on the community to fix their mods and still get 75% of the profit. Not only that but modders will be forced to sell their mods to prevent someone else making money off his/her mod, then Bethesda will get 75% of the profits for doing nothing other than firing their QA team, relying on modders and forcing the gaming community to pay 10 dollars to fix bugs that shouldn't have been in the base product. Expand
  16. Apr 26, 2015
    A decent game made great by the modders. However, that is a matter of the past. Bethesda want's to cash in on that, which already reduced the number of mods as well as the number of good modders. Shame on you Valve and Bethesda!
  17. Apr 26, 2015
    Yes. Modders should get money now and then. However, modding wasn't started to make money. It was because of passion and the annoyance that the people that made said game won't fix certain bugs. Now Bethesda wants YOU to pay for bugfixes that they didn't even fix, but was done by some modder who will get a small percentage of the sales. So yeah, tell me to quit being a liberal, becauseYes. Modders should get money now and then. However, modding wasn't started to make money. It was because of passion and the annoyance that the people that made said game won't fix certain bugs. Now Bethesda wants YOU to pay for bugfixes that they didn't even fix, but was done by some modder who will get a small percentage of the sales. So yeah, tell me to quit being a liberal, because people that call others entitled sure know how to make the world a better place. Pft. Expand
  18. Apr 26, 2015
    mod Paywall **** i wouldnt mind a mod donat button this game would have been dead years ago if it wasnt for the free mods. but now we have to pay for another paywall...
  19. Apr 26, 2015
    RIP Skyrim 2011-2015

cause of death: Gaben greed

Really can't believe they are trying to pull these mod shenanigans. No steam, I'm not paying for a mod that might not work, and I'm definitely not paying when the creator only gets 25%. Put a donate button where 100% goes to the creator or nothing.
  20. Apr 26, 2015
    This game is buggy and crashes constantly. But hey, there's mods to fix that. But wait, mods will now cost money. Basically you're paying for patches for a game that should have been patched years ago by the company. But nope, they're too lazy to do that and rather charge people just to fix their broken game.
  21. Feb 26, 2012
    **** I don't want to review a game after 2 hours of playing it, but i don't have stomach to play this any longer. I can't understand how can any company make a game with 100+ hours of content, but totally fail at UI. Most of those 100 hours you spend searching for items in totally **** up inventory. Shortcuts and using spells is another tragedy. Never seen a worse console port. Some can**** I don't want to review a game after 2 hours of playing it, but i don't have stomach to play this any longer. I can't understand how can any company make a game with 100+ hours of content, but totally fail at UI. Most of those 100 hours you spend searching for items in totally **** up inventory. Shortcuts and using spells is another tragedy. Never seen a worse console port. Some can say there are mods now that fix this, but i don't want mods, i want complete game from the company, not modders. World is open, but there are hardly any interesting places at all. Dialogues feel like being made by a 12y child. No epicness, no intelligence, nothing at all. Your character is boring, you can't give a **** about him. The choice of race hardly matters to you or the environment. As long as ppl worship crappy games like these, there is no future for gaming. Expand
  22. Dec 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Where do you begin with a game like Skyrim? At first I was thrilled, but by the point I had beat all the guilds, mainquest, civil war, Deadric quests, and most the miscellaneous, I realized this was the pinnacle of the complete devolution of the Elder Scrolls as a series. The guilds lack depth and have no purpose. A hack and slash barbarian can lead the College of Winterhold by fighting through a few linear dungeons. The Dark Brotherhood is shorter than Oblivion and lacks the dark humor and unique kills. Most assassinations are simply, go here and kill this guy with a marker over his head. The Companions are equally short and devoid of challenge. Every guild treats you like an outsider then after three quests blindly trust you to be the next leader. Once you become guild leader the random filler quests generated are so repetitious you will be burned out quickly. The Thieves Guild is extremely guilty of this. The random thievery quests are so unoriginal and for a game the prides itself in its AI the people basically let you rob them blind. If they detect you don't worry, they won't call the guards and you can walk back in an hour latter and rob them again. Then there is the fact that there are no actual consequences to your actions as almost all the characters even slightly related to a quest are made unkillable. For a game that prides itself in character choice, why do I have no choice in this matter? The perks are poorly implemented and completely unbalance the game. They will leave you one shotting any enemy with a bow, enchanting armor to cast entire magic schools with no cost, and other outrageous feats that remove all challenge from the game. In just three hours you can craft a god-tier suit of armor and kill everything (except half the NPCs with immortality) in the game. The crafting system has no depth and isn't even related to you respective skills. Why can a character with 15 in smithing craft an item at every attempt? Let me see anyone inexperienced in smithing create a dagger at every attempt. And did I mention weapons don't decay after use, hardly the pinnacle of realism or even providing adequate challenge. I mean if weapons don't decay why even have magicka deplete with spells cast? The civil war quest line is a joke, both sides are mirrors of each other and don't even use different tactics in battle. The main quest is predictable with a typical enemy that has no real motives other than destroy everything. At least Dagoth Ur had motives. He wanted to unify Morrowind against the Empire's invasion at any cost. Skyrim's main enemy is a dragon that wants to destroy the world, how original. Then there is the matter of the new AI system which the developers clearly banked on generating worthwhile and memorable quests. Quite simply it completely fails to generate quests with any degree of complexity. Furthermore, the Norse culture and lore seems like a secondhand rehash of established fantasy clichés. Overall this game hardly even qualifies as an RPG. So much has been streamlined since Morrowind and Oblivion. Even custom spell creation is gone. Nearly every quests has only one way to complete it and it usually involves killing/finding an item that has a magic arrow over its head leading you directly to it. Sure the graphics and environments are nice, but they're nothing amazing compared to the current crop of PC games. Justify this games greatness with the rave reviews, record sales, or mountains of cash it has generated but time will be its ultimate judge. This is just another example of a studio catering to the masses to maximize profit and everyone is eating it up. So this concludes my review of The Elder Scrolls: Call of Duty Expand
  23. HD3
    Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim has two major strengths ; you can wander anywhere at almost any time and kill almost anything you find there and you have a huge number of sidequests available to you. Outside of that the game has a lot of flaws which everyone seems to be a little too willing to overlook. Character development is almost universally absent and plot never delves much deeper than prophecised hero slaysSkyrim has two major strengths ; you can wander anywhere at almost any time and kill almost anything you find there and you have a huge number of sidequests available to you. Outside of that the game has a lot of flaws which everyone seems to be a little too willing to overlook. Character development is almost universally absent and plot never delves much deeper than prophecised hero slays ancient evil. Even the civil war arc which is intitally established as a major feature of the game's world remains largely stagnant, save for Imperial or Stormcloak troops replacing the local militia after certain quests.
    The copy and paste enviroments aren't quite as bad as Oblivion but still enough that you can see some of the days where the developers weren't at their best. The biggest problem is the combat however. If you're going to play Skyrim, go with a mage, because melee combat, particularly if you use a two hand weapon, rarely amounts to more than mashing w/e key you've assigned your sword/mace/dagger etc to until the thing you were aiming at is dead. If you are looking for a game that satisfies wanderlust and affords great flexibility, you'll enjoy Skyrim. If you're looking a tight engaging story and well developed combat systems, look elsewhere.
  24. Jun 18, 2012
    To be generous, the first 4-5 hours as the game started I enjoyed immensely. I would have given a 9 if the rest of the game remained consistently fun. But it isn't so. I've never really like the floaty combat system in other TES games, but on this entry it's more obnoxious than ever because enemies hardly ever react to you attacks. They added "kill animations" to spice up the fightingTo be generous, the first 4-5 hours as the game started I enjoyed immensely. I would have given a 9 if the rest of the game remained consistently fun. But it isn't so. I've never really like the floaty combat system in other TES games, but on this entry it's more obnoxious than ever because enemies hardly ever react to you attacks. They added "kill animations" to spice up the fighting aspect, but they are just cutscenes of your character pulling off some cool move. You're not fighting the enemy anymore, you're just watching your character fight essentially. The first town you arrive at is a welcome beginning. You believe every character has a personality, unique voice & their own special problems that you can help fix. Until you go on to the next village or city and realize that almost all of the same voice actors were recycled for everybody else. Every smith has the same voice, every bard is a blonde womanizer with the annoying voice actor from Tak and the Power of Juju, almost every shopkeeper has the same male/female voice & they all think that "they have the finest goods in Skyrim" and "some people may call this junk, but me I call them treasure." Also every single guard in the entire game has the same male/femal voice, and my god do they sound mental. From the very beginning, the graphics made me very wary. The far scenery is sometimes beautiful, but when taking a closer look, textures & character animations can be worse than Morrowind ( which was made almost a decade ago!). There certainly is massive amounts of content, which I tried to explore over the time of about 80 hours of gameplay. But over half of the content is recycled "fetch this/kill that" quests with no depth or sense of urgency or accomplishment. The smithing & enchanting system is ridiculously broken, allowing you to become wholly overpowered within 5 hours of spamming iron daggers and enchanting them. This also makes exploring & adventuring obselete, because you will never find anything better than what you've already smithed and enchanted at level 10. Some cities/holds are massive & beautiful, but only inhabit about 20-25 NPC's. So it feels like a glorious ghost town, and you can't even engage with some of them; so it just feels like their taking up space. And nobody besides those involved in the main quest seem to be concerned that fearsome, deathly dragons are terrorizing Skyrim. And even when you finish the main questline or a certain guild, no one remembers you for it. Guards & NPC's will still harrass & criticize you even after saving skyrim from total destruction. So you also feel like your character is taking up space, because you make no visible impact upon the world. The only quest line I somewhat enjoyed was the Theives Guild, but it was still short and required a lot of tedious extra jobs to do in between. All of the dungeons, caves, and castles are only slightly varied from the next and really give no incentive to explore because you will encounter the same enemies and the same worthless loot. There certainly is no character development, because for some reason, you're only given 1-3 dialouge choices. It doesn't matter what you choose to say, the conversation will always end the same. They also made the quest system too easy, essentially holding your hand throughout the entire game because there is an arrow that tells you exactly what to do & where to go. There is no mystery or real challenge. The game really just degenerated to a virtual walk in a park (literally & metaphorically). The only thing I enjoyed in the end was the scenery. Expand
  25. Dec 30, 2011
    The game gets boring really fast. Most quests are very linear and many side quests are simple fetch quests. The dungeons are repetitive and the broken crafting system and lack of equipment variety makes exploration pointless. Leveling is also pointless because everything levels with you. Dragon fights are quite underwhelming and often you'll meet common bandits which are stronger thanThe game gets boring really fast. Most quests are very linear and many side quests are simple fetch quests. The dungeons are repetitive and the broken crafting system and lack of equipment variety makes exploration pointless. Leveling is also pointless because everything levels with you. Dragon fights are quite underwhelming and often you'll meet common bandits which are stronger than Dragons (Because of the poorly implemented level scaling). AI is as good as in Oblivion, and by that I mean its terrible. Animations are still bad by modern days standards. Combat is a complete mess, probably because of the ridiculous physics in the game or maybe are the weird animations, but often when you hit people with heavy weapons they just moan and keep swinging their weapons like nothing is happening. Also, the finishing moves are weird and there is a lot of clipping issues. Like most modern games Skyrim also suffers with developers trying to appeal to a "wider audence" by removing features from the game (like attributes, skills, armor pieces, etc), that makes the game quite shallow and makes difficult for you to make "builds" that actually plays differently (most characters will just be a mage-warrior-thief hybrid).

The soundtrack is somewhat good, but not very original because several musics are taken from Morrowind. Most sound effects sounds like they were taken from a bad movie from the 80s.
  26. Dec 15, 2011
    This game is a terrible console port, and each successive patch just breaks the game further. It handles PC hardware as poorly as possible. My PC, which can run Crysis and Crysis 2 both at consistently over 60fps, sometimes struggles with Skyrim at it's most basic settings. It is poorly engineered and the PC port of this game is a joke.
  27. Nov 14, 2011
    This game doesn't deserve all the credit it gets. It's got some real issues that hold it back. Granted, It's leaps and bounds better then its failure of a predecessor, the game is held back by horrendously poor AI, graphic issues, interface issues with the mouse, bad unit collision detail and melee combat that is lacking. The saving grace for this game? The graphics are above average ifThis game doesn't deserve all the credit it gets. It's got some real issues that hold it back. Granted, It's leaps and bounds better then its failure of a predecessor, the game is held back by horrendously poor AI, graphic issues, interface issues with the mouse, bad unit collision detail and melee combat that is lacking. The saving grace for this game? The graphics are above average if run on max settings, its demands aren't very high, so that's an easy reach for most PC's. But even still, the game's graphics are too dark to really shine anywhere. I guess the only fun I had in this game was cheating with console commands; decimating the cities, running my horse up a 90 degree mountain cliff and beating the AI out of fair fights with abusing the smallest of obstacles. It's definitely not worth full price. Wait until it drops to the 20 mark. Expand
  28. Nov 18, 2011
    You can't make a good story focused on dragons, simple as that. Talking dragons is an absurd twist on the generic ones, which surely is original but it kind of made the game awkward. The main quest was boring, since there was no character progression. We already knew from the start that we were the Dragonborn, designated to end the dragons... etc... most of us probably figured out whatYou can't make a good story focused on dragons, simple as that. Talking dragons is an absurd twist on the generic ones, which surely is original but it kind of made the game awkward. The main quest was boring, since there was no character progression. We already knew from the start that we were the Dragonborn, designated to end the dragons... etc... most of us probably figured out what finale would be like as well. When there's no mystery in a game like this, it's not fun. You're not dragged into the story because it lacks immersion and the originality of daggerfall and morrowind. The quests in this game, be it main quest or not, are incredibly easy. It's like they were designed for you to not be able to fail. A prime example would be when you doing a College of Winterhold quest, you have to explore a ruin in order to find a staff. You stumble across a door that freezes when you walk by it, and thus it cant be opened... only to find that a few steps to the left there's a fire tome waiting for you. Dont present any obstacles to a player if theyre not there to actually hinder your progress...

The game IS pretty fun though, but its nowhere as good as Daggerfall or Morrowind. It might be better than Oblivion, though. I would say its a good action/adventure game but an awful roleplaying game. If you don't have a brain and like killing things, well this is the game for you.
  29. Dec 6, 2011
    I scored Skyrim based on what it delivered. While skyrim could have been great, I fear that many of the high scores here are from die hard fans looking at the ooh ahh factor. Because Skyrim deals in the open world we are pleased to see sprawling vistas. But when broken down into its parts, Skyrim is nothing special. I am not rating skyrim on what could have been or what may be in monthsI scored Skyrim based on what it delivered. While skyrim could have been great, I fear that many of the high scores here are from die hard fans looking at the ooh ahh factor. Because Skyrim deals in the open world we are pleased to see sprawling vistas. But when broken down into its parts, Skyrim is nothing special. I am not rating skyrim on what could have been or what may be in months after patching, i am rating it on what i was delivered. Graphics The graphics are better than that of oblivion, but in current gaming, they are certainly nothing special. They are nice when they work. There are numerous issues regarding graphical problems, and this really brings the score down. Where it could have been an 8/10, what i received are overall graphics of a 4/10. Story line The quests, including the main quest are really quite shallow in terms of their story. There is nothing remarkable about them at all. In fact i found the speed at which i was able to join and become the head of each guild rather pathetically short; everyone seems to trust you very quickly, no need to really prove yourself, just collect this or that and within 4 specific quests you are the head of the guild. Secondly, many of the side quests or miscellaneous quests are completely vacant of thought, ââ Expand
  30. Dec 17, 2011
    Skyrim is a terrible role playing game. By now we all know about the horrid user interface, the relatively poor combat and magic systems, the disastrous implementation of dual wielding (that makes it, essentially, useless.) We know about buckets on heads and backward-flying Dragons. So I won't even take them into consideration, except to say Bethesda could have doneSkyrim is a terrible role playing game. By now we all know about the horrid user interface, the relatively poor combat and magic systems, the disastrous implementation of dual wielding (that makes it, essentially, useless.) We know about buckets on heads and backward-flying Dragons. So I won't even take them into consideration, except to say Bethesda could have done better....................And that is the overarching theme of Skyrim: Could have been better.................................................................................I came into this game not expecting much. It is, after all, a Bethesda game. And I am happy for that, because I didn't get much. No moral choices. No consequences for my character's actions. Speech skill isn't even something you can use. It just lowers prices at merchants. Loot is thrown at you constantly, level-ups are handed out like candy at a parade. There is no challenge, no feeling of accomplishment to completing tasks......................................Questing is, if anything, worse than in Oblivion. Literally everyone in the world has something they lost or need found, but no initiative to go and find it. This game is essentially one big fetch quest after another. Its sickening and disheartening..............................Still, as an action game based loosely on a narrative, with some role playing aspects, Skyrim sort of works. It has its moments. But as a true role playing game Skyrim is beyond terrible, and that is why, despite the things I like about the game, I am giving it only a 5. I am reviewing the game as the RPG it claimed to be and was not, as opposed to overlooking this significant bit of false advertising.........................Bugged launch, zero replay value, linear quest line, poor combat and terrible dialogue and writing (all in the Bethesda tradition) guarantee this will be the last Bethesda-developed game I ever purchase. Terrible developer with terrible writers. Expand

1. Feb 29, 2012
  2. Feb 14, 2012
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012