8.2

1. Apr 25, 2015
    Do not support Bethesda any more. They were always horrible, but they had some redeeming features which brought us back. Long have they released unfinished games for full price, and expected modders to fix them. But now they're reaping profits from these modders with paid mods, the developers of the mods are getting miniscule profits from THEIR OWN WORK and steam has been removing donateDo not support Bethesda any more. They were always horrible, but they had some redeeming features which brought us back. Long have they released unfinished games for full price, and expected modders to fix them. But now they're reaping profits from these modders with paid mods, the developers of the mods are getting miniscule profits from THEIR OWN WORK and steam has been removing donate links! The game itself is boring and needs to be modded to have any fun to begin with. Expand
  2. Apr 26, 2015
    Like most Bethesda games, Skyrim is only mediocre when played without mods. With mods, the cool factor rises a million times over. Mods let you change almost every element of the game, adding immeasurable fun, and replay value. With that said, this is going to be a negative review because Bethesda, and Valve, have enabled a system where modders can now sell their mods on Steam.

This act

This act has already led to some modders pulling their mods from free sites like Nexus. Why is it a bad thing for modders to be paid for their work? Because that's not what modding is all about. I also mod, but I would never charge someone for something that is essentially done for fun, and with the notion of sharing with others. Modding has always been something done by the fans of a game, for other fans of the game.

For companies like Steam, and Bethesda, to try to monetize that, is nothing more than greed. And get this, the modders only recieve 25% of what they charge for their mods. Guess who gets the other 75%. This move sets a really bad precedent for things to come. You may not play Skyrim, but what if Valve started doing this to all their games? Modders for all games could potentially start charging people, and then the whole modding community would just turn into a huge market that nets big money for greedy corporations.

So, though I had fun with it in the past, I do not recommend Skyrim to anyone. It's your call to get it, but when the only thing that makes the game any good, is about to become paid DLC, that's when the game turns foul in my mind.
    Posted April 23.
  3. Apr 26, 2015
    This game now has paid mods. What more could possibly be said to explain how complete and utter **** Valve and Bethesda are? If you want modders to make money just **** donate to them. It's **** worked so far.
  4. Apr 25, 2015
    Yeah, I've got a lot of hours in this one. It USED TO BE good. It's not anymore. Let's have a history lesson, shall we?

Bethesda releases The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind for the PC on June 6th, 2002 (GOTY edition on November 7th, 2003). So incredibly buggy that sometimes it was unplayable. This game had a LOT of issues with it and the ironic thing was that the majority of the issues were ironed out, via mods made by the CONSUMERS. Once fixed it had a certain charm to it that made it fun.

Fast forward to March 20th, 2006 (September 10th, 2007 GOTY) for Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. Again, not the most bug-free game. Not quite as glitchy as Morrowind but still, mods released made some of the glitches and oddities go away.

October 28th, 2008 marks the release of Fallout 3. A step backward in terms of bugginess as this one had quite a few in it. Oblivion definitely played better on release than this one did. Mods were made, bugs were eliminated. Notice a pattern yet? No? I'll keep going then.

October 19th, 2010 rolls around, and out pops Fallout: New Vegas. Same engine as Oblivion and Fallout 3. Lots of the same bugs herein. Lots of mods made to combat the aforementioned bugs.

Now we come to Skyrim. Same pattern as before except now Bethesda wants a cut of the modding profits. A LARGE cut. They want to monetize mods, some of which are (and will eventually be) consumer made BUG FIXES to content/bugs Bethesda released into the game themselves. They want to get paid for content and work they had nothing to do with outside of making the base textures/A.I. for the original game. Some of these mods are really quite original in what they do and Bethesda feels they need to get paid for having someone else think of what they couldn't when they made the game originally.

If the modders cut was bigger I'd probably be less angry. But it's not. Skip this one, don't put more money into Bethesdas' pockets. Save your money for other companies that don't try to get rewarded for work they didn't do or for the work YOU did.
  5. Apr 26, 2015
    Skyrim, one of the most modded games, just got paid mods because of greed from Valve and Bethesda.
    Bravo Valve and Bethesda, you've lost a lot of customers with this move.
  6. Apr 26, 2015
    I'll change my review if they get rid of putting mods behind a Paywall.

Bethesda and Valve are encouraging modders to place their mods behind a Paywall in a pre-existing open source modding community. The problems with that should be obvious. (Extremely easy to steal other people's work or steal it and change it to be unrecognizable) Not only that, but they want to take 75% of the
    I'll change my review if they get rid of putting mods behind a Paywall.

other people's work or steal it and change it to be unrecognizable)

Not only that, but they want to take 75% of the proceeds modders make and won't even give smaller modders anything until they make over $400, of that they only get $100.

Nexus on the other hand. has a donation button pop-up. If you like the mod you can donate directly to the mod creator. 100% of the proceeds go to the author for doing all the work, instead of valve and Bethesda stealing 75% of the money for doing nothing
  7. Apr 26, 2015
    This game without mods - 4/10
    This game with mods - 10/10
    This game with paid mods - 0/10

Congratulations for destroying the biggest modding community in the world in one day, Valve.
  8. Apr 25, 2015
    Was one of my favourite games before corporate greed reigned supreme. Best mod workshop in all of steam now hidden behind a paywall, pay for extra apple, pay for extra map marker, only 2 dollars to play fishing mini game. I am done with this game 0/10 will not play or recommend again
  9. Apr 25, 2015
    Paid mods.This game killed modding.Do not buy.Do not support Bethesda!Do not support Valve!

They monetised the part that was making their game playable and killed the community for a few dollars more!
  10. Apr 26, 2015
    A buggy plattform that try to take credit of other peoples hard work.
    The Company is a greedy pile of **** with no soul.
    Go to the corner of shame and dont you dare try to leave it!
  11. Apr 26, 2015
    Valve and Bethesda betrayed the community for their own wealth. They take a cut of 75% from paid mods. Imagine every mod you own costs a few dollars! And now Skyrim is not the only game you want to play with mods... You will pay hundreds of $$$$$ and only 25% go to the prostituted modders.. Thats moddern slavery. STOP the rape!
  12. Apr 26, 2015
    This game is neutered thanks to Valve, Bethesda and a legion of whores who can be bought on the cheap.
    Look forward to an app store clone in the making full of overpriced mini-dlc content. The well has been poisoned people and you know who you'll have to thank for that.
  13. Apr 26, 2015
    You know to me skyrim was a real deal I would pay 50 bucks plus the expansion and get tons of beatuful free mods to enjoy and hours of new gameplay.
    Now what you get is chance to make Valve even more rich by stealing money to the modders and asking players to pay for stuff which was born free!
  14. Apr 23, 2015
    Paying for mods? Is this some kind of sick cruel joke? This decision makes Nintendo's decision to take ad revenue from YouTube streamers look smart. This game isn't worth playing without the mods.
  15. Apr 23, 2015
    Now with 1,000,000% more paid DLC, first horse armor now this. Greedy company is, greedy. I wouldn't buy another game from them if they paid me to take it.
  16. Apr 25, 2015
    Was a great game, then they started forcing people to pay for mods. Bethesda and Valve have shown their true colours, and how can we stand for this? Fix the Workshop!
  17. Apr 25, 2015
    Endless bugs, dull mainquest, nothing-to-do open world... and now the trojan horse of the modding comunity invasion. This game will sure be remembered. Bethesda, Valve; get gud.
  18. Apr 25, 2015
    paywalls for mods hurts everone please i want you to get mad and stand and say im a human being god dame it and im not gong to take this any more if we don't stop valve and bethesda now we will lose every thing please give this a 0 and save mods
  19. Apr 25, 2015
    Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs.
  20. Apr 25, 2015
    Paid mods are **** cancer and do nothing except destroy the community. Valve and Bethesda are going to be hurt by this more than they will than the $20 they make off of the 10 people retarded enough to buy a mod.
  21. Apr 26, 2015
    This is more of a recommendation than a review.

I love this game a lot, but the entire community is being ruined by paid mods on the Steam Workshop. Yes, you may wonder why I post here and not on Steam, but these paid mods affect the entirety of the Skyrim modding community, and until this stops, Skyrim is going to be a near ruined game. I do not want this to happen, and therefore I
    This is more of a recommendation than a review.

I do not want this to happen, and therefore I leave a negative review.
  22. Apr 26, 2015
    Get farmville its got better graphics and pay mods at least have support.
    Or buy this game so bethesda and valve don't starve to death, we all know gaben cannot afford to miss a meal.
  23. Apr 24, 2015
    Don't buy. Mods are being charged for on steam workshop. Have to pay $$$ to play user created content. Don't support the developers! they working with steam to earn money off modders.
  24. Apr 24, 2015
    Used to be good with loads of mods now you need to pay for it, base game is **** and you need mods to acctually make it good, so if you like paying for unofficial patches buy it by all means, but it's not worth it anymore, game is **** without mods.
  25. Apr 24, 2015
    Paid mods. Do not support Valve or Bethesda. I will only be purchasing games from GOG.com (seriously, DRM free) GREENMANEGAMING.com and GAMERSGATE.com I will not purchase games on Steam until the reverse their decision and I will not be purchasing a Bethesda game until they remove paid mods. Never again. If you want to pay the modders add a donate button you dweebs.
  26. Apr 26, 2015
    A horrible day.Paid modding is added now and is killing the modding community.Once an ok game with mods is now utter trash.

Thank you Valve and Bethesda for ruining the modding community.
  27. Apr 26, 2015
    Skyrim truly is a great game with unlimited possibilities...when you have mods freely available. Without mods the game is subpar in all areas, and the recent paywall mod idea has destroyed the very reason for buying this game. Not only that, but they are on the path to destroying the entire concept of what a mod is- a modification done by a hobbyist and turning it into micro-dlc. ThisSkyrim truly is a great game with unlimited possibilities...when you have mods freely available. Without mods the game is subpar in all areas, and the recent paywall mod idea has destroyed the very reason for buying this game. Not only that, but they are on the path to destroying the entire concept of what a mod is- a modification done by a hobbyist and turning it into micro-dlc. This leads to modders not wanting to share their source materials and tips/tricks that could aid less experienced mod. From sharing to a paywalled modding community.

Skyrim truly has shot an arrow into their own knees with this paidmods move.
  28. Apr 26, 2015
    From one of my favorite franchises, to one i will avoid like the plague...How the mighty have fallen. This is a great game but Bethsoft have turned into greedy scum.
  29. Apr 26, 2015
    It a solid game as it is (vanilla), but to make more of it you will surely want to install a couple of mods. And they were free as they were made by modders that do it for love and fun. Now money grabbing bi* in Bethseda and Vulva want to charge for it and give measly 25% to the modders and keeping rest for themselves. Yea right.
  30. Apr 26, 2015
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 9,5/10. –ěne of the best games.
    23,04,2015 - RIP game - modifications for money. in steam...
    Why did it?...very disappointed...
  31. Fuz
    Mar 6, 2014
    Fire the guy who designed the interface. Just. Fire. Him. It's the worst interface I've ever seen. We have a mouse, non a gamepad. Apart from that, is the same game we already knew from Oblivion. Lots of bugs, pleasant graphics (but you can do better IF you don't do a straight from console porting) et cetera. If you liked Oblivion you will like this. If you couldn't stand all the littleFire the guy who designed the interface. Just. Fire. Him. It's the worst interface I've ever seen. We have a mouse, non a gamepad. Apart from that, is the same game we already knew from Oblivion. Lots of bugs, pleasant graphics (but you can do better IF you don't do a straight from console porting) et cetera. If you liked Oblivion you will like this. If you couldn't stand all the little problems and annoyances like the unresponsive combat (no feedback on hits? seriously?) and the TERRIBLE enemies scaling you wouldn't like this game. I'm still waiting for a Daggerfall 2. Or a Daggerfall remake. And by the way: FIRE the guy who designed the interface. Also, the guy who approved it. Collapse

1. Feb 29, 2012
  2. Feb 14, 2012
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012