8.1

1. Mar 31, 2012
    Didn't like it one bit. It's not that I hate Bethesda or RPGs in general, it's just that I hate this one. There is too much repetition, the console version sucks, you need a computer like NASA's to play on a good video settings, there is zero story, and the load times can be horrendous.
  2. Jun 7, 2012
    Sorry I didn't rate the game previously as I was so pissed with it. New to Metacritic and didn't notice the rating bar in so big a hurry to vent my spleen. Here's my score.
  3. Jun 11, 2012
    I wish i could be more lenient about skyrim, but there isn't room to do so. It's a great game,
    with a stunning world to explore, and it's lore is magnificent. I'm an old morrowind player,
    and oblivion. With over 600 hours on morrowind plus all the expansions. But after seing the fallout, and fallout:Vegas i knew i had to let the developers fix the game and free it form the crashes and
    crashes and feezes.It's my first review on metacritic, and i wouldn't even think to post a review if iwasn't
    so enfuriated.I bought it the first week it was released, and didn't touch it since the previous two weeks.
    The game is simply unplayable, i have a fairly new computer with no problem in other games. After three
    oor four days the unthinkable happened the game freezed. And all this after the game reached v.1.6.Tried every available fix i found on the internet, spending hours and hours of searching. The freezes persisted, then i applied as beta-tester to the last patch.It was my last hope, but it was in vain.
    That's the last time i'll ever buy a game from bethesda.
  4. Jun 13, 2012
    Obviously made for the XBox and ported to PS3 and PC the graphics on this game are sub par at best, PC controls are nearly unplayable, Filled with bugs, and offers virtually no challenge to a seasoned gamer. All Bethesda seems to do with these game is pile as many little side quests in it as possible so you can feel like you are getting a lot from your money. The truth is you're gettingObviously made for the XBox and ported to PS3 and PC the graphics on this game are sub par at best, PC controls are nearly unplayable, Filled with bugs, and offers virtually no challenge to a seasoned gamer. All Bethesda seems to do with these game is pile as many little side quests in it as possible so you can feel like you are getting a lot from your money. The truth is you're getting an over rated, under developed game instead. Expand
  5. Jul 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i don`t like this game ,it is just fallout in medieval time,it have allot of bugs and the graphics is not that good (age of conan have much better graphics and that is an mmorpg) overall it is annoying to play with all the static npc messing the same ting over and over Expand
  6. Jul 30, 2012
    I simply cannot understand all the Hype with this game and Oblivion and similar games like Mass effect 1+2.. The story is so boring and there are so many side stuff that u simply get lost past the 4-5 hours of playing it.

It's games like this that i really wanna play when i see the trailers, and then get terribly disappointed, Thank god for piratebay! Heavily Overrated boring Game
  7. Jul 31, 2012
    Just another poorly ported console turd served as delicious meal to depressingly dumbed down "current gen. gamers" by accountants and corporate puppets. I have some suggestions for next TES game;

- Self-regenerating health - Only two skills (who needs complications...); one for melee/ranged combat and second, I don't know... magical farts? - Make ALL quest random generated (no

- Self-regenerating health

- Make ALL quest random generated (no one cares about story-telling qualities anyway) - Make ALL npc voiced by the same actor (They'll save up some money so Todd can get that well deserved raise)

- Start the "story" from new, magically created isle, lets call it "Great Imbecylia Island". Beings from this newly emerged land will invade whole Continent of Tamriel and unite it under name empire of "United Imbecyls". "Imbecylians" will slaughter almost all native life forms in Tamriel and then desire to detach themselves from their island relatives. They will set laws that will guarantee them freedom and indpendence from Imbecylia Island, yet (of course) they will keep slaves. Then they'll attack morrowind, 'couse its land of dark-skinned, other-religion obsessed people and has a lot of resources...

Action will be placed ONLY in ashlands (of course) of Vvardenfell. Your mission will be stealing gold-er... I mean ebony and oil-er... I mean that "bloat" that those strange plants in Morrowind produce. Of course You'll be forced to kill some of them brown-er... I mean dark people in the process. But it's the right thing to do. And it is a great game. It must be. So many can't be wrong.
  8. Aug 5, 2012
    I don't like TES, i dont like Morrowind, I dont like Oblivion and I dont like Skyrim. I dont like the engine, the animations are awful, the german version has awful voice acting.
  9. Nov 14, 2012
    Piontless boring crap. Everything an RPG should not be. Never ending aimless wandering around vast areas just hoping for that small grasp of exitement to come your way to make the previous 40 mins of aimless wandering worth it. You can talk to basicaly any npc you come accross and 99% of the time the communication is completely piontless, eg a farmer telling you about his latest crop yieldPiontless boring crap. Everything an RPG should not be. Never ending aimless wandering around vast areas just hoping for that small grasp of exitement to come your way to make the previous 40 mins of aimless wandering worth it. You can talk to basicaly any npc you come accross and 99% of the time the communication is completely piontless, eg a farmer telling you about his latest crop yield or some similar irrevelevant information. COMBAT IS A DISGRACE, two hands sticking out in front of you that swing swords or magic from like some kind of wooden spoon that your mother used to smack you with when you where a child. I cannot comprehend how people could possibly rate this game highly, i think the only logical explanation is that sadly gaming studios are producing games for the "masses" now like hollywood is doing with its movies eg transformers, shrek, spiderman ect.........unfortunately I think the masses of there target audiences are young kids who do not want well thought out intelligent complicated games, they want crap like skyrim and other similar rubbish. Expand
  10. Nov 15, 2012
    a horrible, horrible game, so unoriginal and utterly boring as hell. the graphics suck and so does the gameplay, never waste your money on this game, i wish i didn't make the mistake of buying this pile of crap
  11. Apr 10, 2013
    Maybe the worst game ever.I played it 80 hours and finally realised that this game is repeating itself it started it at early every cave looks same.Every place is full with same enemies.Why are there enemies in this game when you hit them once and they are dead.I was excited about this game my friends told me this game is being good.When i killed the first dragon I had a feeling ofMaybe the worst game ever.I played it 80 hours and finally realised that this game is repeating itself it started it at early every cave looks same.Every place is full with same enemies.Why are there enemies in this game when you hit them once and they are dead.I was excited about this game my friends told me this game is being good.When i killed the first dragon I had a feeling of success.10 minutes later another dragon.easy to kill.After completing some caves i met another dragon killed it.Now after like 10 hours game play it started to repeat itself.After 5 minutes another dragon.Again after 5 minutes dragon.Same caves same enemies.It started do bore me but i wanted to finish what i have started.I finished this game realising final boss was easier than normal dragons whats up with that.Really boring.Also crashes often.Has very large amount cliches. Expand
  12. Apr 18, 2013
    The worst game in the TES series. It is ultra boring. I've seen that this game is very popular and i've tried to play this game for like 4 times. Every time after 20 minutes of playing i was falling asleep and then i was deleting the game. My managed to play this game for 6 days, but then he said this game is garbage. Skyrim also has no multiplayer which makes it complete garbage
  13. May 16, 2013
    The only redeeming factor about this product is the soundtrack and endless mods. Bethesda released a very broken and unfinished product w/ countless glitches, bugs and errors. Nearly everything about this game is bland and uninspiring.
  14. Jun 21, 2013
    The game has this horribly persistent "Failed to initialize renderer" problem that keeps it from starting. No one really knows how to solve it. So much for actually playing it. It might actually be good.
  15. Jul 19, 2013
    Skyrim is terrible for a multitude of reasons:

- It is layered in glitches. - Almost everything vaguely involving physics instantly screws up. - The controls are far too similar to an arcade game. - Jumping turns you into a glider. - Combat feels like you are playing as a cardboard cutout of a fantasy hero stereotype waving cardboard boxes around your head. - The
    Skyrim is terrible for a multitude of reasons:

- It is layered in glitches.

- Almost everything vaguely involving physics instantly screws up.

- The controls are far too similar to an arcade game.

- Jumping turns you into a glider.

cardboard boxes around your head.

- The graphics are very slightly better than the first game in the series.

- All of the features are unoriginal or stolen.

- It takes you a few hours to walk somewhere, only to find out that it is identical to where you set out
    from

- The plot makes no sense and is unoriginal: You play as someone who is different to everyone else
    for no particular reason.

- The animations just look abysmal.

- The size of this list, just explaining what is wrong with basic features.

Some of the only good features is the absurd possibilities with modding, but even then.
  16. Sep 9, 2013
    Probably one of the worst and most overrated games ever made.

Probably one of the worst and most overrated games ever made.

The world is so huge, yet it is completely lacks good and unique content, 80% of the quests are just boring fetch-quests. All you do is hike around and collect thousands of worthless items that you don't need. The best items in the game can only be made by the character with generic items, anything that you find (weapons, armor) is worthless. The entire game is level scaled, so there is absolutely no feeling of progression. The RPG mechanics are practically non-existent (in other words, they are terrible), the story is terrible, the Inventory and UI are terrible, the voice acting is horrendous. I could go on forever.
  17. Dec 6, 2013
    When I played this game, I loved it, but after 2 hours of game play I started to became crazy, this game is FULL of glitches, bugs and crashes, and not the simple ones; the very bad ones!!!
    My game has:
    -Crash in black Screen -Crash in error -Crash in the game stop working -Crash that makes impossible to make the story (happened to me 3 times) -Horses that fly -Black boots (All
    My game has:

-Crash in black Screen
    -Crash in error
    -Crash in the game stop working
    -Crash that makes impossible to make the story (happened to me 3 times)
    -Horses that fly
    -Black boots (All the boots became black and shiny)
    -Trolls that fly
    -Dragons that are friendly
    -My character stuck on the ground
    -My character going down the world and getting in a infinite void
    -Explosions between battles
    -VERY LONG (Like 3 hours) CHARGING SCREENS
    -Stupid characters not following (The one from the start)
    -Instant suicide (My character dying)
    -And many other Bugs, Glitches and Crashes

So that is why I think this game should be erased from this planet, this game sucks!!!!
    NEVER BUY IT!!!!!!!!
  18. Nov 30, 2013
    Well, this is not a game, this is a BUGAME, man its so bug ridden i think Bethesda should make an Elder Scrolls V Unbugged Version, because there is a Flying Giant bug, a Flying Backwards Mammoth bug and even a bug where you can't even finish the storyline quests, and a little multiplayer would be nice, you know.
  19. upi
    Dec 24, 2013
    This is not really a "review", more like a warning label. Please regard it as such.
    For anyone downloading this game and expecting to play: don't. I did, and was rewarded by having to sit on a carriage for 14 minutes listening to an infodump-style exposition with name after name after name. I was unable to move. Then I was treated to watching an execution. Then I was told to climb some stairs and found that my character could not do that.
    I'm sure there are those who say that this was a rewarding experience, or that I should wait to earn actually playing. Good for you. For those who are like me and want a game that one can actually play from the start: forget Skyrim. Score ZERO.
  20. Jan 3, 2014
    i must confess i just created this account to express my ongoing dystopian feeling about this game. i mean "wtf is this?" a game so full of bugs its rarely playable 2(!!!) years after showing up.
    i actually still read new threads about the bugging engine today!(64hertz bug im talkin about). an engine, programmed several years (seven ago by an expanding software company which actually bugs TODAY, guys. yes it bugs TODAY!!!
    after several sleepness nights of thousands of users trying to make fallout 3, fallout nv and now actually skyrim run without permanent bugs, this flippin engine still bugs!
    now that i call user-friendly programming. and the hype still continues. 2 expansions big time hype lots of money NO FIX! WTF IS Up here how can this game be so overhyped? its not even running! This world is CRAZY! nothing about the game itself, as all other bethesda titles the gameplay COULD BE awesome. but wtf you bethesda guys living on the moon? fix your goddamn games for christ sake, hear the community of thousands of people complaining and FIX IT!
    this behaviour totally deserves a 0. we would still sit on trees if the whole humankind would be that stubborn.
  21. Jul 11, 2014
    In short, crappy and extremely buggy console port.

It is now more than 2 years after the release, are the issues identified since launch fixed? NO! The game still has tons of bugs, and even unofficial patch fails to address all the issues. The stability of this game is the worst in the last 3 installments of elder scroll, its random crash is just too annoying. Also, the UI, control
    In short, crappy and extremely buggy console port.

Also, the UI, control and menu are downgraded to the level of console. It is so counter-intuitive that a hardcore PC gamers will lose all the passion to try this game.

There are also something that even mods can't fix it. The story, quest variety and content, dungeon and world design are all worse than the previous installment. The only good thing is a better graphic, but will be easily beaten down with a graphic mod on an old elder scroll game.

So, i would not recommend this game. Instead, either get Oblivion or Morrowind, depending on your taste.

By the way, I am surprised to see the high user score there, as the PS3 console gamers also understand how bad the design and technical flaws of this game are, so why are PC gamers on the opposite side of the bridge this time?
  22. Nov 2, 2014
    Just a bad game. Awful combat, no challenge, no intensity, broken inventory and bugs everywhere!!. Looks completely unfinished and feels like nothing more than a bad dlc of oblivion. Could barely finish it. How this garbage sucked so many people in is beyond me but I can safely say this is by far one of the worst videogames ive ever had the displeasure to have on my computer.
  23. Nov 8, 2014
    My problem with basically every game that tries to be real general and open, is that the impact of your choices decreases proportional to the amount of choices. Skyrim: millions of choices, no ability to fundamentally impact the world. It's a small step away from flying around a landscape in a 3D modelling program. Yes, I can increase my smithing to 100, but for what? So I can 'make' aMy problem with basically every game that tries to be real general and open, is that the impact of your choices decreases proportional to the amount of choices. Skyrim: millions of choices, no ability to fundamentally impact the world. It's a small step away from flying around a landscape in a 3D modelling program. Yes, I can increase my smithing to 100, but for what? So I can 'make' a 3D model that someone else made and have slightly better stats so I can delete some other 3D models from the map, and these 3D models don't even impact the virtual world, and I didn't even need the increased stats to kill them. There has to be either a decided goal for a game, or some fundamental human thing at its core, like love or friendship or dreams

I don't need actual hard work in my fantasy. That's why fantasy exists, that's why I'm pretending and not actually doing it. I pretend so I can have all the good bits, and not have to deal with the bad bits. Skyrim seems to have the opposite philosophy. Work real hard, suffer all kinds of unpleasantness, for no reason whatsoever. All the bad bits and no good bits. We already have that, it's called Real Life.
  24. Apr 26, 2015
    RIP Skyrim 2011-2015

cause of death: Gaben greed

Really can't believe they are trying to pull these mod shenanigans. No steam, I'm not paying for a mod that might not work, and I'm definitely not paying when the creator only gets 25%. Put a donate button where 100% goes to the creator or nothing.
  25. Dec 18, 2014
    Skyrim acts like nothing's special. All games account for every possibility, aside from glitches, but they at least acknowledge you for doing something extraordinary, going the extra mile, discovering a secret. No matter what you do in Skyrim, it just gives you a blank stare. Greatness is no different from common-ness. There's an ego buried beneath the surface here. Skyrim wants youSkyrim acts like nothing's special. All games account for every possibility, aside from glitches, but they at least acknowledge you for doing something extraordinary, going the extra mile, discovering a secret. No matter what you do in Skyrim, it just gives you a blank stare. Greatness is no different from common-ness. There's an ego buried beneath the surface here. Skyrim wants you to think it's so wonderful and above you that "Yes, of course almighty Skyrim doesn't acknowledge my accomplishments. Just take my money and I'll be quiet." This goes against the basic tenants of entertainment. You're supposed to give something to your audience, make them feel special. Skyrim is selfish and self-absorbed Expand
  26. Apr 27, 2015
    Expecting paid mod DLCs and mod DRM by the end of the year.
    Really epic move there, **** and Vulve. Congratulations. If gaming community buys this, I will lose my remaining faith in humanity.
  27. Apr 23, 2015
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 9,5/10. –ěne of the best games.
    23,04,2015 - RIP game - modifications for money. in steam...
    Why did it?...very disappointed...
  28. Apr 23, 2015
    Paying for mods? Is this some kind of sick cruel joke? This decision makes Nintendo's decision to take ad revenue from YouTube streamers look smart. This game isn't worth playing without the mods.
  29. Apr 23, 2015
    Great game with all the 100+ mods i have (literally i just counted its more than 100). Not worth without them.
    All mods were downloaded from the nexus. In an month all the mods will come over here to the freaking steam **** and charge for them, while either delleting them in the nexus or keeping really outdated versions of them in there.
    Dont believe me? This **** already started, just

Dont believe me? This **** already started, just check Wet and **** cold.

v2.0 here in steam workshop

v1.4 in the nexus.

GO to freaking hell valve bethesda and Gaben
  30. Apr 23, 2015
    PAID MODS = DEAD GAME
    Congrats on killing one of the greatest things about PC gaming. You think people would still be playing TES Oblivion 9 years after launch if mods weren't free?
    Dream on, greedy pigs.

1. Feb 29, 2012
  2. Feb 14, 2012
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012