8.4

1. Jul 26, 2014
    This game is just awesome it deserve's to be played,Oblivion was the best game for it's time same goes to morrowind.Skyrim is a huge step forward improved combat system amazing mod's for the game (except the nude mod's i'm looking at you MMOxreview's).Anyway the game is packed with new weapon's more armor ton's of dungeon's dwarven ruin's coming back from morrowind and the awesome DLC's for the game especially dragonborn now the game has some flaw's here and there like dragon's not giving you their soul or being stuck when learning dragonrend i'm sure they will fix it when they stop only giving a **** about ESO for now skyrim deserve's a 9/10. Expand
  2. Jul 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. *Review Deleted
    ****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
  3. Jul 21, 2014
    Highest replay value for any single player game that I've ever played. I've put an embarrassingly large amount of time into this game and I don't even care to see the endgame. It's just that rich with possibilities. Try an unarmed-only Khajiit build on Legendary if you want a challenge.
  4. Jul 19, 2014
    Skyrim is one of the best game that released last years. It has a good story and large open world,but, It is hard to play. Hard to change weapons or change spells and fighting with enemies. But this features can not say it is a bad game.
  5. Jul 17, 2014
    no shrek. not good dont buy this game ever silly devs dont put shrek our lord and sAVIOUR in this game. pls make sequeal with our ogre lord we all love him more sale if u put shrek in it.
  6. Jul 16, 2014
    One of the best RPG's out there. With only Oblivion beating it.
    ......................................................................................
  7. Jul 13, 2014
    I just have to say that this game is seriously amazing. For $20.00 you get to buy a game that is probably equivalent to three or four RPG games. This shows how VAST Skyrim is. In addition to this, Skyrim is an open world, which gives you enough freedom to do the main quest whenever you want to. However, the sad thing about this game are the NUMEROUS bugs. Thankfully, this can be easily resolved by mods and console commands.

Unlike most of the users here, I, as of the moment, only have a hundred and fifty hours of gameplay here. But judging from my main quest completion, I can probably say that I am only 5% done with the entire game.

Actually, you cannot measure your progress here since I think Skyrim was made so that it can be played indefinitely.

MOST PEOPLE MIGHT NOT READ THIS SO LET ME JUST PUT THIS IMPORTANT SENTENCE IN ALL CAPS: WORTH YOUR MONEY SINCE IT WILL ENETERTAIN YOU FOR HUNDREDS OF HOURS. 10/10
  8. Jul 11, 2014
    In short, crappy and extremely buggy console port.

It is now more than 2 years after the release, are the issues identified since launch fixed? NO! The game still has tons of bugs, and even unofficial patch fails to address all the issues. The stability of this game is the worst in the last 3 installments of elder scroll, its random crash is just too annoying.

Also, the UI, control
    and menu are downgraded to the level of console. It is so counter-intuitive that a hardcore PC gamers will lose all the passion to try this game.

There are also something that even mods can't fix it. The story, quest variety and content, dungeon and world design are all worse than the previous installment. The only good thing is a better graphic, but will be easily beaten down with a graphic mod on an old elder scroll game.

So, i would not recommend this game. Instead, either get Oblivion or Morrowind, depending on your taste.

By the way, I am surprised to see the high user score there, as the PS3 console gamers also understand how bad the design and technical flaws of this game are, so why are PC gamers on the opposite side of the bridge this time?
  9. Jul 11, 2014
    A bit overrated in my opinion, but still a solid game that gave me 50 hours of fun. The graphics are impressive, but not as glorious as everyone says they are. They are about the same as the first Assassin's Creed, which came out in 2007, 4 years before Skyrim. The combat system was really disappointing and got old fast. The dungeons also got old quick. They all seemed exactly alike to me and were fun at first but just got boring after doing a few. But the story was great and I enjoyed it very much, and the DLC was great as well. The characters could have used a lot of work, and just seemed bland and boring and made Skyrim a slightly depressing and lonely place because of it. Overall I give it a 7/10 Expand
  10. Jul 10, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls series is my favorite game series to date, and I have played Morrowind and Oblivion over 200 hours a piece over the years.

For people who don't know what the game is about, it is different than any other game because of the freedoms you are given as the player. The beginning of the game is the only portion of the game that is linear (and all it really is, is a tutorial
    anyway). After that, you are free to explore the world in anyway you want. There is a main quest, but really, it's really your choice on what you want to do. If you want to build a fighting character, you can train your Health and Stamina and join the Fighters Guild and do missions that are based on killing stuff along with having a good story in the background. If you want to be a Mage, you train your Magicka and you go to the College of Winterhold and learn different spells that you can use to make your character better. You can also be an assassin, merchant, or a master of apothecary. All in all, it really doesn't matter what you do but personally I like joining the Dark Brotherhood and making an assassin with magical abilities such as invisibility (I've played for over 400 hours over the past two years on the difficulty Master).

If you correlate this review to my PS3 version, you can see that I am giving this version a nine because of more fluid game play and the ability to 'mod' the game however you want.

If you are a parent this holiday, I would recommend getting this game over Call Of Duty 14 for your kid if he's 16 to 18. Especially if he gets good grades in school and is a critical thinker because this game requires much more critical thinking than Call Of Duty 14 where you just shoot at people, get shot 1,000 times and don't die. I do understand that this is my personal opinion but Skyrim has won Game Of The Year by multiple publications and is regarded in nerdom as one of the best games ever made.

And yes, I do have horns on my forehead. Because I was born that way. How about that Todd Howard.
  11. Jul 8, 2014
    Skyrim is a great game that I have spent countless hours in. Bethesda succeeded in crafting the most beautiful and vibrant open world ever, with rich and varied settings and a deep lore. However they took 2 steps forward and one back compared to Oblivion and Fallout 3/New Vegas. Quest lines are linear, offer absolutely no choices and involve mostly talking to NPC A, going to dungeon B, killing everything inside, retrieving item C and then going back to NPC A. The game is also littered with bland and static characters who are never influenced by or acknowledge your actions. Most are only good for one of two lines of dialogue. There are very few if any memorable characters, just legions of AI controlled cut outs going about there business. The story falls flat because you never feel connected to the world or that anything is particular at stake. Its a shame because technically Skyrim far outshines its predecessors, and its story and character problems could have been easily solved with some additional writing and voice acting. Expand
  12. Jul 4, 2014
    Although I don't think that Skyrim is worthy of the praise that most people bestow upon it, it certainly is one of the better RPGs that i've played. The sheer size and amount if content available is amazing. The gameplay is also fine, it's not great, but not bad either. Skyrim does however suffer from some serious problems. The way you level up is one of the biggest flaws I've found in the game. I get that they were trying to be unique and innovative, but it just doesn't work. You gain experience for your skills by using the thing associated it. For instance, you get levels in your One handed weapon skill tree by dealing damage with one handed weapons. Each time you level up with a skill, you get a little experience on the main counter. When this main counter fills, your character gains a level. This encourages you to use many different weapons and strategies but it's just not accurate nor fun. I've seen the game constantly described as "Story Rich" and as a fan of a good story, i was excited to try it out. Unfortunately the story and the story telling is just bad. There is absolutely nothing to get interested in and you won't care about the life of any of the NPCs at all (Other than your spouse and any adopted kids). There is also an insane amount of bugs and glitches still present in the game over 2 years later. It's a great game for RPG fans and medieval fans alike. Just don't expect the perfect game. Expand
  13. Jul 3, 2014
    Skyrim is a hard game to review. It's not a very good game, lacking any meaningful story, branching consequences for your actions, weak and dumbed down combat system, game is dull, uninteresting and cant hold your attention for more than 10 minutes. It's a game deserving a 4 at most. Now, install some 20-30 mods (Requiem and Frostfall most importantly) and it becomes playable, even ocasionaly fun, earning a solid 7 (since no mod can ever fix a bland and meaningless story).

So vanilla Skyrim gets a 5.

Skyrim with at least Requiem gets an 8.
  14. Jul 1, 2014
    A solid "offline" game, if you have a good audiobook playing or need to catch up on podcasts. In all fairness, I've never finished it, I get bored not enough story or dialogue-ing companions to drive the story (is there a story?) forward. Combat is fine. PRO: -graphics -open world -open leveling system -dragons -a cryptic story involving said dragons -MODS, which can save this game
    -neat, interactive environment

CONS:
    -mobs level with you until L35, then they stop...but you keep on going to L88 making for a boring single arrow to the knee killing everything in your path...even the dragons (well, 2 arrows for dragons, but still...)
    -no real story
    -open, quiet, lonely and often boring world, like an MMORPG left empty and offline.
    -sometimes random dragons show up IN TOWN and kill off your questgivers
    -companions are boring, even if you marry them
    -neat interactive environment gets old when you realize you're looting the same shelf with the same iron pot, cheeses, and wheat in the same places over and over again
    -gets old, no motivation to finish.
    -THE INVENTORY INTERFACE IS TERRIBLE...be prepared to scroll through hundreds of items to find anything
    -no ability to hotkey, the favorites menu items don't make up for this...it's the 2010s, get it together already
  15. Jun 30, 2014
    Not sure what all the fuss is about this game. At best it's "ok", but it's certainly NOT the OMGWTFBBQBEST. GAME. EVAH. But hey, apparently 5000+ kids who haven't played more than 5 games in their lives think it's the best thing since hot pockets, so bethesda gets a favorable rating and they think they're doing great things.

The only thing this game has going for it is the graphics -
    and I mean the skins and textures only, the modelling is horrible. But even then, there's almost no color to the world, you're hunting and fighting grey/brown enemies in a grey/brown/black world. I get that the game is supposed to look bleak, but it just ends up looking very bad and gets tiring on the eyes after a while.

The UI is very minimalistic and awkward, and the combat is slow, choppy, awkward, and very unsmooth. it's also not very compelling, it starts off slow and doesn't have that pull in any direction that makes you want to do anything in particular like good games do.

I think a lot of the high ratings are just reactions to the hype or written by "critics" who played for 5 minutes and were wowed by sexy graphics, this game is definitely not one of the best games ever.
  16. Jun 30, 2014
    Remember that blind man, sitting in a cave near Whiterun? When I entered that cave and saw him sitting there, I immediately felt sorry for him. I cleared the whole **** cave while keeping the thought "when I return, I will not hurt that sorry ass mofo, he is no threat in any way", strong. But, and here it comes, when I walked back towards the cave's exit, he obviously was still sitting there, doing nothing, being nothing but a loser. And at that same moment, a horrible urge occurred to me. I just couldn't help it.. I couldn't control it. I sneaked right to him, standing behind him, looking at his stupid sorry ass head. I raised my Whiterun axe as high as I could above my skull and with all the power I had, I slammed it into his. A terrible deed, I know. Still I exited that cave with a big smile on my face. That's what I call being a true Dark Elf. End of nonsense. Expand
  17. Jun 29, 2014
    Skyrim is a truly great game. A huge world is open for you to explore when you step out of the tutorial, pick and chose what you want to do and except for a few instances where a dungeon is locked to a certain questline, the game doesn't try to stop you.

There are so many community made mods for this game that the game has near infinite replayability, even the vanilla version of the
    game already has months worth of content, the amount of game you get from it is just staggering.

The game has a few bugs, but nothing major and the unofficial community made patches fixes most of them easily. Not enough to knock it off a solid perfect 10
  18. Jun 26, 2014
    In a word? Overrated. They really messed up the major point of even playing an Elder Scrolls game - the story. Not just the main quest, but all of the side quests and especially the guilds. It is fun, but inferior to Oblivion and Morrowind and not a good sign of to-be Elder Scrolls games.
  19. Jun 26, 2014
    After 3 years, you can buy the legendary edition for few pounds, and enjoy the whole experience with tons of content. And then, of course, you have all the mod that increase graphic, sound, elements, etc.
    it is not perfect, but is really fun to play and to explore. They put a lot of different type of missions, and with random encounter you'll find yourself in funny and sometimes
    incredible situations (in a quest I was escaping from a prison, I was attacked by guards then vampires, a bear and finally... a dragon!) .
    It requires a lot of time, though, so play something else if you want a 20 hour long game.
  20. Jun 24, 2014
    Great game, I've always liked sci-fi a lot more than fantasy and fallout 3 is still my very favorite game, but Skyrim made me love using magic for the first time ever. Also, it's absolutely huge. I'm at 56 hrs game play and haven't finished the main quest. I seriously recommend running some of the better rated mods available on Nexus if you haven't. Especially the high res textures, immersive armors, Vilja companion, companion overhaul and immersive weapons and the better sorting mod for the menu system. Expand
  21. Jun 24, 2014
    I should say that I really have enjoyed it a lot at first. I loved all the choice I could make and blah blah blah... then I realized that combat balance was so poor that even the best and most well known balancing overhaul mod could not fix it.
    The main story line is way too short, too. Civil war was boring series of small battles that were not even epic at all. It is more epic to fight a
    giant on low level and steel set without spamming potions. In addition no matter what you do, the side you chose will win the war. You can't even low the battle. So you just start a siege and hide. Dovahkiin's power is not necessary to win the war. besides, Alduin was sooooooo weak while he was the last and the supposed to be most vicious end boss from your very nightmare. Even the main theme is about the Dovahkiin save the world from Alduin, the world eater! World eater my ass. I literally ATE him! With a mod, yes, he can be a true nightmare but still... his pattern is same as any dragon flying around Skyrim. I saved the battle with Alduin for the last and shouting "For the Nords!" at the beginning of the fight. Then I was so disappointed that I started rampage on Sovngarde for those 'heroes' who couldn't do anything about that weakling.
    Final and the worst aspect of the game is bug. Seriously, in my first playthrough, when I only had appearance mod (face, hair, body for player character) for the sake of enjoying original game play, I had rare and critical bugs that made me impossible to follow main story lines. I had to create my own solution with console to proceed. For the heavy mod users.. I can't say much since mods that involving scripts and so forth have higher chance to cause bugs.
    Graphics...that was same as Mass Effect 1. It was not really that good but still ok. Basic modelings were ugly as hell but ok. PC version can offer them free plastic surgery with appearance mods.
    Most these negative aspect of the games can be fixed with mod for some extend. Mods, however, can cause bugs since scripts in the game was already unstable as hell.
    Of course I recognize it as very successful game but still I don't understand why it was so popular and console version was sold more than PC version. I don't think the game is a junk. Developers were just lazy. Even though they had intention to give some space for mods they neglected their responsibility to build a good and reasonable length of storytelling and corresponding game play. The game story involves series of unavoidable battles. The civil war cannot be negotiated through the talking, Alduin? He will eat you if you try to talk to him. Most of players agree that civil war story is boring. What they should have done is that making a 'real' epic main story line with a good balance.
    Then what the developers did? they didn't even care about game balance. AI were poor. Melee attackers charge at you blindfolded, NPCs can't see you under the sun when you crouch if you have high sneak level. Sneaking? Child play. You can sneak while wearing heavy armors making loud clinging sound. Sneak level is everything. You shot a arrow while sneak? An NPC gets a headshot but thinks it was not an attack but his mind playing with him. Monster's strength does not correspond with the story. Dragons can be easily beaten by guards. Mammoth and giants are much more stronger than dragons. Dragons always lose in 1:1 fight with them. Then why there was a specialized dragon hunter group, the Blades? I guess the Blades started in paleolithic period. Then still Dragon set is second most powerful in the game. what...? I don't think it can even protect the user from iron arrows. Magic is not balanced either. Magician enemies will make a barbecue out of you but your fireball is like a firefly to your enemy later in the game. Pure magicians will have some hard time in the later game. Skill perks are not efficient and too simple. What's the point of lockpicking? I can pick master locks with 10 lockpicks. If I get lucky, I can do that with only 3 lockpicks. Speech? You don't need to get a discount with speech perks. Gold is the last problem in this game. There is overpower trinity, though. Alchemy, Enchanting, Smithing. With all three you can be a heavy armored magician wielding most powerfully enchanted weapons with a potion addiction. Daedric items.. some of them are useless. Only few Daedric Lords will give you something useful items. Don't worry there is no penalty, either. It's just have unique look and names that's all.
    It seems like the developers rather rely on CK tool and those 'free' offering mods to fix their own problem! In addition mods can cause problems. It is not official add-ons or DLCs so it is less stable in average. What happened to those many big epic balancing mods? many of them ended with introducing bugs to the game play, or no longer be supported.
    In conclusion it was a game that couldn't reach it's full potential.
  22. Jun 24, 2014
    My first RPG experience. Let's say I started driving a Roll's Royce from the beginning

This is in my top 3 games on Steam in terms of hours played. I'm not giving it a 10, because the last point goes to the community. Skyrim + mods is one of the best gaming experience I had. The universe is full of dragons, nice scenery''s, a good main story, and lots of options to develop your
    character.

The main negative point of the game is the lack of choice in the story line, and the repetitive quests (go there, kill that, come back). I recommend adding the "true compass" mod + the "no fast travel" mod to counter this negative point. Indeed, you are now on your own, with your eventually horse, running across Skyrim trying not to die before you reach the next mission, using the road signs because your compass only show North, South, East and West, and eventually using your map if you're lost.

If you're lazy and you want that fast travel, this is still a very fun game, even without the DLC's, you can sidetrack a lot, discover some strange places, and craft the best weapons.

The shout system is your reason to kill dragons, and the combat with dragons are quite epic. If you're lucky, you might even fight 2 at once and feel like Jesus on a raptor

I suggest you play this on Legendary, otherwise it gets boring by the end, and it is much more realistic and enjoyable in the long term.

Conclusion : Buy it, install 100 mods on it to make it better, and play for hours !
  23. Jun 23, 2014
    Like RPG games buy this game its one of the greatest RPG games ever made. Hundreds of hours of content GOTY 2011 still holds up today bethesda is one of the best developers in the industry .
  24. Jun 23, 2014
    This game...oh my, this game...I can't get enough of it. With thousands of side quests and main missions, you're sure to never get bored of it. I love the open world, yet story line feel, where you can go anywhere you desire yet there's still order to it and a main quest line that you follow. The DLCs are amazing too, and I personally love the adoption of kids. It's one of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of playing, and I highly recommend it to anyone. Expand
  25. Jun 22, 2014
    Skyrim is the stuff of gaming legend. After a series of well made games with increasing amounts of success in the market, Bethesda took the best parts of TES IV, trimmed off the bad parts, and threw in tons of new content, a huge new open world, and made a game that still, even after a few years, is one of the most played games on Steam, has one of the most active modding communities I've been a part of (second only to Minecraft), and has so much content that even after more than 100 hours of play, I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface of the possibilities that there are in the realm of Skyrim. Expand
  26. Jun 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A historia é muito boa, uma ou a melhor dos games que já joguei.
    Os gráficos, IA e as opções de jogabilidade são bons/ótimos.
    Valeu 10 pelo conjunto.
  27. Jun 14, 2014
    Skyrim is just a masterpiece, i mean, it has a deep and well structured universe, it erases the annoying invisible barriers that some games have, it has a beautiful and epic soundtrack, and nice leveling up mechanics, its simply a must-have, GOTY if you will
  28. Jun 14, 2014
    Modern RPGs like Skyrim have been systematically dumbed-down to the point of mental retardation.
    Bethesda has sold out their brilliant RPGs [Morrowind] in favor of idiot children who need their hand held while playing an RPG because they are too stupid or lazy to figure out how to play the g*****n game for themselves! Well Skyrim is just that game. It's an RPG for morons!
    Morrowind = A
    true thinking RPG. A Masterpiece! A wonderful RPG! Great replay value.
    Skyrim = Retards with swords! No thinking required. This doesn't deserve to be called an RPG! This s*** is for idiots!
    Thank you Bethesda, you have single-handedly destroyed RPGs by taking real thinking out of the equation.
    Skyrim is a huge slap in the face to those of us who remember what a true Role Playing Game is really supposed to be. It has decent graphics, but that's its only redeeming quality.
  29. Jun 13, 2014
    there are some games which is good for consoles but is best played on PCs. 1 such game is skyrim or in general an elder scroll game mainly thanks to mods. but other than mods skyrim offers a massive environment with different terrains. though the main plot is somewhat disappointing this can be overlooked by the massive amount of side quests especially the guild quests. the character u possess can be molded into any form u want .. it is entirely dependent on your fighting style . the game offers awesome crafting system and skills . overall this is definitely a GOTY and one of the best games of this generation ! Expand
  30. Jun 9, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an addictive RPG games, not only has many improved gameplay elements from previous title in the series, but also added some new as well, and all of them works just great. The game gives you a large open world, with so much to explore and hundred hours of playing. But then, bugs and glitches make The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim not so perfect.
  31. Jun 8, 2014
    Skyrim is not only my favorite Elder Scrolls since Morrowind, but also one of my favorite Role-Playing Games ever made. With a large, vast, and expansive world with detailed character creation and an interestingly large amount of content, Skyrim gets a 10/10 for said reasons. Not only that, but it succeeds at what it tries to do, provide a large and interesting world full of lore.
  32. Jun 8, 2014
    best free roaming game ever. good campaign if you choose to do it. good side quests. good everything. amazing and huge item list you can fricking pick up teacups if u want. great world with alot of space to roam and discover, sick and awesome animals and monsters that make it feel like a real world with an working food chain. i usaully only play games for about 3 months or so if they are good ive been playin skyrim for 3 years so good that unfortunetly alot of games that i would usaully think r good now seem **** a must play for everyone. Expand
  33. Jun 5, 2014
    I find myself going back to this game all the time with well into 400 hours of play time.
    Graphic tweaks and user made add-ons turn this game into a never-ending source of enjoyment for me and many other people.
  34. Jun 5, 2014
    Yes, it's a good game. I'll just write what's not good in this title.

It's like a HUGE TOTAL CONVERSATION MOD for Oblivion. The inventory system is a joke, hard to find items, makes you lose a lot of time.

And I played it for a good 10 hours. It's fun, but nothing more, not good enough to make me want to finish it.
  35. Jun 2, 2014
    One of the best games ever. Somehow I missed out on previous Elder Scrolls games. But now I see what the fuss was about. The praise for the series is well deserved. It could be harder - the difficultly at the very beginning (under level 10) was good but the game became too easy after that. I'd prefer no levels and skill points either.
  36. May 31, 2014
    Good things: extremely modable, good music, rich world, huge sandbox possibilities
    Bad things: extreme amounts of bugs and rough edges, terrible AI, meh combat, too few voice actors, idiotic radiant quests
    Overall it can be enjoyable if you mod it A LOT.
  37. May 28, 2014
    Listen to all the people who say this game is amazing, because it is. Sure I encountered some glitches in gameplay, but they definitely weren't enough to ruin my experience of the game. This game is great, and it's worth buying and playing no matter who you are.
  38. May 26, 2014
    Where do I begin... Skyrim is big. It's huge. The open-world environment is filled with quests, customizable weapons and items, and enemies. And the PC version has the added benefit of having tens of thousands of mods out there to download for free. But I won't be talking about those here.

Lots of people dislike Skyrim because there are better RPGs out there. I won't dispute that, but
    to say a game is bad just because there are better ones out there is unfair. I know that Skyrim has gotten a lot of people into the RPG genre, and they will find and play those other games for themselves. The story in Skyrim is of course a continuation of the Elder Scrolls storyline, set in 4E 201, 200 years after the events of Oblivion, where Skyrim is in the middle of a civil war. The main quest is acceptably long and complex, as are most of the side quest lines, which average 10-12 chapters. The landscape is covered in ancient ruins to explore for treasure.

The bad part of this game is the miscellaneous quests. Most of them are shallow, uninspired fetch quests and are ridiculously easy. The game's mechanics are also sometimes the butt of many jokes- since some enemies scale in level relative to you, while others do not, it's sometimes possible to kill a dragon in only a few hits, only to be mauled by a bear or a wild cat a short while later. The AI and character animations are subject to many bugs and glitches, including not-uncommon bugged quests that can make a quest unfinishable without using console commands to fix the problem yourself. Thankfully, this is the PC version, so using these commands is possible. Stay away from the console version 'cause if you get a bugged quest there, you're going to have to reload your last save and hope it works.

The visuals are impressive on PC, but I feel they could have been much better (they had to lower the texture resolution to make it fit on a DVD for the console crowd). The high-res texture pack available as a free download doesn't do much to help. Skyrim's environments, at least on the outside, are varied enough, from the southern forested regions to the frozen wastelands of the far north, but don't expect any more than the exact same look in every dungeon. Mouse movement is choppy at times and textures sometimes glitch out as well. As you might imagine, all these glitches really take away from the immersion of what is otherwise a great RPG worthy of many hours of gameplay.

Bottom line, I definitely reccomend this game. The great storyline(s) which all tie into one another, the vast amount of weapons and customization, dungeons to explore, and one of the best soundtracks I've heard, make up for the lackluster, low-res textures and occasional bugged quests.
  39. May 20, 2014
    what can i say, i not always was a big RPG fan,even so i did play alot, but those where only F2P mmorpg, skyrim was my first true RPG, well i heard alot about this game and when i play it for the first time it was shock, the game is one of the best games i ever played, and by the rate it got, look like most people agree with me,even after 300 hours there is still so many things to do, and you keep find out about more things,and if you count the mods, there are people who even pass the 6,000 hours and keep playing ad doing new things, even you start a new game, you can start a all new story which could be way diffrence fron you last game, i recommend this game to everyone, as well as to the RPG-haters up there, even they most give it a try. 10/10 Expand
  40. sft
    May 18, 2014
    Enter the Dragonborn

I’m not a big fan of the fantasy genre (with a few notable exceptions – the books of Michael Moorcock, for example) and was unsure about whether or not to buy SKYRIM. I’m glad I did as it’s a hugely impressive though flawed achievement. TESV is ambitious to say the least, and Bethesda have created a visually stunning (especially if you install the high-res texture
    packs and graphics mods available) and hugely immersive experience. SKYRIM is a large, varied, open world that can be fully explored. There’s much to see and many jaw-dropping sights. There are also a huge number of quests to complete and skills to acquire, and this is where the flaws lie. There are simply too many quests (often repetitive) and skill trees, and the storyline suffers as a result. The main story is underwhelming and because the player tends to get so sidetracked by the numerous side quests (I have read, but cannot confirm, that there are as many as 300 pre-set quests plus more that are randomly-generated) it fails to engage as much as it should. The game would benefit from greater emphasis on quality of story and more imaginative and diverse, though less numerous, quests. That said I’ve so far played 120 hours and have many quests left to complete. I shall dip into this game for some time to come I suspect. Expand
  41. May 14, 2014
    This game is incredible. It's so expansive and deep. I never get tired of playing. I can be just as immersed gathering ingredients for alchemy as fighting dragons.
  42. May 11, 2014
    I know people would probably say this is hyperbole, but I will be frank - Skyrim is one of the best RPGs of all time. I almost can't describe the feeling - the game you imagined when you were 12 years old every time you looked at the back of the box, and then were disappointed to realize was an illusion once you actually installed the software? Skyrim is that game I imagined. In my opinion it's the realization of the promise the Elder Scrolls series has always had but fell short of.

It manages to balance a lot of things perfectly: in depth character creation without the ability to inadvertently handicap yourself, excellent graphics at release but which aren't too hardware intensive, a vast world with lots to do, but never lets the player fall into a deadzone of not having an objective, a diverse selection of gameplay styles, all of them being satisfactory out of the box... again it sounds like hyperbole, but this game really kind of does it all.

And that's the release - add to that the fact that it has one of the largest and most active modding communities of any game, not to mention is stable like a ROCK with 50 mods running... I mean damn. It's hard to find a fault. This game richly deserves its almost universal positive reviews from users and critics alike.
  43. May 6, 2014
    ===========
    It's an incredibly immersive experience & everything feels just right, though a bit too simple.
  44. Apr 28, 2014
    Note: I'm reviewing the game WITHOUT mods. This review will only be on the vanilla game.

Story:
    After starting the game, you are once again tied up and sent to the executioner's block (starting out as a prisoner again, YAY!), after you are freed, you discover that dragons are returning to Skyrim. Leading the return is the World Eater, Alduin. You are the Dragonborn (legendary dragon
    hunter), and it is your destiny to defeat Alduin and save Tamreal. The story here isn't the most original, but it's still good. I also enjoyed all the guild storylines as well. Every character you meet is well voiced (even if Bethesda uses the same voice actor/actress), and the world of Skyrim has so much backstory to it that it would take up the entire chunk of this review. The story here may not be better than Oblivion, but it's still great. 8/10

Gameplay:
    Like I said, Skyrim is filled with so much backstory that you'll be too distracted with exploring new areas, clearing out and learning more about dungeons, meeting new N.P.C.s, and creating your own adventures that you'll forget about the main questline (especially if you plan on replaying as a new character). The combat though, is not that strong. The combat is mostly just mouse-spamming, along with archery, sneaking, magic, and using shouts (special rechargeable abilities). It's good, but not great. The map is HUGE (bigger than GTA 5), so it'll take a few hours to discover every location on the map. The skill system has also been improved. You rank up a skill (limit:100) by doing that activity (archery, lockpicking, pickpocketing,etc.), reading skill books, or buying training from certain N.P.C.s. There are 251 perks in the game (some can be upgraded multiple times), and your going to have to respec (reset perk points using Dragonborn DLC or mods) in order to experience all perks. At the start of the game, you get to choose your character's race (10 are available), and customize him/her to your preference (although the character customization is weak). I've played the legendary edition, and there are barely any bugs that I've seen (unless you decide to use mods. Be careful). The only complaint that I had was that dragon battles are really anti-climactic. Because of the weak combat system, dragons are simple to kill, and they don't change up there strategy. Eventually, you'll get tired of fighting them, and you might learn to just run away and ignore them. This isn't a major issue as I've spent a total of around 400 plus hours playing this game, and most of your time isn't spent fighting dragons, it's exploring and creating your own adventures in this large and atmospheric world. And I would still like to return for more. 10/10

Graphics:
    The game's graphics now aren't that amazing to look at (still a large improvement over Oblivion). Although, the backgrounds, character models, item design, and some textures look really good at max settings, I still like the lighting, colors, and dynamic weather this game has, even if it's from 2011. Also, the high res texture pack barely does anything to improve the look of the game. Still, the visuals are nice to look at, and will keep you satisfied. 8/10

Sound:
    Another high point is definitely the game's beautiful soundtrack. The score has a nice mixture of soft melodic tracks (that play when you're in a city or exploring in the nice quiet environment with the weather nice and sunny), and hard, intense, and drum pounding pieces (that play when you're in the middle of an intense fight with some bandits or a dragon). All the sound effects in this game (footsteps, pulling out a weapon, shouts, casting a spell, hitting someone with a weapon, lockpicking, etc.) are really good and are quite an improvement over Oblivion. Bethesda really nailed the score and sound of Skyrim. I would gladly pay full price for the game's soundtrack. 10/10

Verdict:
    Skyrim was one of the best games of 2011. And now almost 3 years later, it still holds up. The story is good, the gameplay is large and excellent, the graphics still look fine, and the sound just immerses you into the world of Tamreal. I highly encourage anyone who hasn't already purchased this game to go out and get it (especially after all the DLC packs and price drops). I recommend you get it on PC though for a number of reasons: MUCH SHORTER load times, less bugs, console commands (sort of like cheat codes), and mods (guaranteed to add a few dozen more hours to your total time played). I'm not saying the console versions are bad (I played on the PS3 version as well), But you should definitely play this on PC, along with some cool and fun mods. Verdict: 10/10
  45. Apr 28, 2014
    I just met Skyrim really good and my verdict is .... awful. Storyline ... where is storyline ? If Bethesda think story like " Dragons ! go kill them all , you are dragon killer like Kickapoo (I don't care) chosen by gods and you have skill to kill dragons blah blah blah blah "
    and that's all ? really ? Another bad thing is stupid skill tree where goes Strange , dexterity ? I can't see
    them. Bugs ? lot's of bugs. Graphic looks like .... really bad (u can place .... here any bad word).
    Even if i install bunch of mods and DLC - Yes DLC 8 GB of textures ! and what ? nothing change in graphic ! Well Done Bethesda ! Also best way to make Game Of The Year is using oldest game like Fallout 3 add some Swords remove fire weapons and add new world plus a little better graphic and it's done ! GOTY ! At end it's funny but it's true The Elder Scrolls : Skyrim have DLC ... yep DLC not expansion pack just DLC it's funny. Im bored of playing in Skyrim Copy and Past i want my money refund but it's not possible :/ .
  46. Apr 26, 2014
    Well this game has been made by god I cannot find anything negative to say about this game. I have played for over 100 hours and still feel overwhelmed by the scale of this. The only bad thing about this game maybe is the fact that there will never be anything else again that comes close to this.
  47. Apr 26, 2014
    Huge game with bad RPG system.

This game is enormous and detailed. Apart from other elder scrolls and Fallout 3 series, I think this is the only game that allowed me to interact with the game world at such level of detail. I can pick up a mug in a tavern or enter some random NPC's house and steal everything. The world is living and breathing, with NPCs striking random dialogues with
    each other, bandits grumbling about the hardships of bandit life, etc .

Voice acting, visuals are all top notch. There's basic physics.

Sure, there is lot's to do, and after 3 playthroughs, I don't think I ever finished the dragonborn or civil war plotlines.

And here comes my biggest gripe with the game - the bad RPG system. I played just about every western RPG since 1998, and Skyrim is just bad. Having only health, stamina and magicka along with armor means that just about every melee or ranged character feels the same. Dodge-block-hit, thousands of time throughout the game create a very dull feeling of combat.

Without the 10 primary skill system from Oblivion, the character levels up too fast, where a single dungeon may mean 1-2 level ups. This means that a lot of content, like goblins (do they exist)? or Skeevers is just gone. Very quickly all dungeons are populated with bandits with elven weaponry, then Adept necromancers, then vampires in ebony armor. The entire world levels up just because I have sold some items to a vendor and levelled up my speech skill.

With no way to degrade or lose armor, the player quickly acquires the best pieces of armor and weaponry available, which creates a dungeon crawling experience where I don't care about the loot. There's nothing in this dungeon that can come even close to my own crafted/enchanted/improved armor and weapons. Everything is vendor trash, and apart from the trainers there aren't really that many money sinks in this game for me to spend end game gold.

Very soon my character becomes godlike in it's ability to slay everything that stands in its way. Sure, I can bump the difficulty all the way up to legendary, but this only makes combat feels worse. Instead of killing an enemy with 3 hits, I can dance around it for 2 minutes, slowly chipping away at it's health. Not really that fun.
  48. Apr 24, 2014
    Wonderful game. Huge improvement to its predecessor. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim really gives you the feeling that you're a grand hero in an epic world. Not to mention its modding community with tons and tons of amazing and cool mods. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has every right to be my favorite video game!
  49. Apr 23, 2014
    While it is a good time killer, its really not much more than that. The gameplay is flat-out dull, unless your using a bow, which is impractical 99% of the time. The voice acting, along with the story, isn't very good. The factions are here, and are rather good, but they have only 5-10 missions per, which is really a disappointment. The UI is pretty bad on PC, and the graphics are good. There is plenty of mods keep in mind, but you shouldn't have to mod a game for it to be fun.

5/10. Decent. A good time killer, not much more
  50. Apr 22, 2014
    Skyrim is a worthy successor to Oblivion. Nothing really has changed much in terms of the formula but if it ain’t broke why fix it? You could do worse than trying out this masterpiece (like taking an arrow to the knee for instance - okay sorry that one's been done to death :)).
  51. Apr 22, 2014
    Okay, I will give Skyrim the obligatory recommendation. What’s there to say? Another sprawling Bethesda epic.

The only somewhat legitimate criticism I’ve seen about Skyrim is regarding how Bethesda tends to release games full of bugs thinking that users will come up with mod fixes. I don’t know about that as I can’t say I’ve ever played a Bethesda title I considered broken. What I will
    say is that users in the Steam Workshop have come up with some truly incredible mods. Deducting a point from Bethesda is one way to look at it but I say giving people the freedom to use Steam Workshop gives them a point right back. The fact that it is a game so many people feel compelled to create so many mods for speaks volumes. Bethesda must be doing something right.

One of these days I need to actually go back and finish it…
  52. Apr 20, 2014
    Skyrim is definitely one of the best games I've ever played by far and would definitely recommend to anyone! this game is amazing and I rate it 10. A masterpiece :D
  53. Apr 18, 2014
    Out of date graphics back to 2005 level, no engaging plot, emotionless NPC, so boring gameplay. I tried this POS on my brother's PC for one night, so I am glad I got the fact that this is just a super hyped POS. But I really heard of the fun from mod. Sadly, I am totally not interested in mod. I feel this game is at most just a sandbox for players to add endless mods... roaming and enjoy in their creatures. How brainless... Expand
  54. Apr 12, 2014
    This game is amazing I love it I do not know any one who does not like this game. You get to pick who can be, what creature you want to be. It is just flat out amazing! I really prefer this game.
  55. Apr 12, 2014
    Skyrim has really lived up to the expectations many have anticipated and imprinted its footsteps on the world of gaming. When new rpgs are made, they will most certainly be compared to this masterpiece. It can stand side by side with Oblivion, another great rpg of this decade (if you didn't already know). The pure level of immersion and the leveling system is spectacular, and the level of freedom is unparalleled.

But what makes this game really great is the active modding community. I love how every person's Skyrim can be tailored to how they like it. Skyrim is very easy to mod, and the selection of mods are extremely numerous.

You can go on for hours on end and find new things to do with just the base game. But if you want even more, then getting the right mods can basically make your game perfect
  56. Apr 12, 2014
    Skyrim is a huge game but it doesn't feel special or unique. Most places and dungeons look the same, NPC's are a big disappointment and it is based on quantity rather than quality. Menus and inventory screens are bad, navigation is really confusing and time consuming.
  57. Apr 8, 2014
    This is my favorite game of all time. I have played 500+ hours and i am still finding new ways to enjoy this game. The story is top notch. The combat works with all weapons, i have played all of them and have never had a problem. The quests are varied and fun, you will never find two quests that are the same! If you are looking for a solid single player RPG this game is definitely worth a buy!
  58. Apr 7, 2014
    Skyrim does a very good job of giving you a huge world to explore, unfortunately the scale might be its greatest downside as well. It feels like not enough butter spread over too much bread. There are little to no memorable characters besides dragons and there are very few genuinely interesting quests to partake in. In my 85 hours spent wandering the lands of Skyrim, no particular moment truly stands out to me. I find this to be rather disappointing after playing Oblivion... I'll never forget my skooma escapades or my quests for the Madgod, but my memories of yelling at some wrinkly old men on top of a mountain are already fading. Expand
  59. Apr 3, 2014
    What a shining example of exactly what a modern AAA title should be. Stunning graphics, interesting and diverse gameplay, hours and hours (maybe hundreds of hours) of content. This game may never get old for me. Well tested, well-realized, interesting storyline/story arcs as well as diversity of content really make this game hold up well, not just against its competitors, but it's 2014, and this game is still superior to many on the market.

The only complaint that I have, which kept them from getting a full 10/10 was the lack of diversity of voice actors. You will hear the same guy voicing dozens of characters, and with no effort to change his voice. They should have hired a few more people, other than that, it's fantastic, well worth the money - you are going to have a lot of fun with this game.
  60. Apr 3, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Took Game Of The Year Before, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Took Game Of The Year 2011.
    In Each RPG Game I Don't Usually Spend More Than 50 Hours. I Just Have Spend My More Than 50 Hours In Borderlands 2 And Skyrim, The Best Three RPG Games Of My Entire Are: Final Fantasy 7, Fallout 3 and Borderlands 2 But Skyrim Is Very Very Very Away Better Than All Of
    Them. Skyrim Is A Brilliant Game And "Time Killer Or Waster". Skyrim Is One Of The Very Best Games Of The Entire History. You'll Never Forget The Experience And Everything. The Best Method of Modifying Describing And Visualizing It Is PLAY IT. Expand
  61. Apr 1, 2014
    Boy oh boy, The Elder Scrolls, my favorite video game series of all time. From Arena to Oblivion, Bethesda Studios have delivered possibly the best Western RPG's to date. Then there's this. I both hate and love this game at the same. You might wonder why I'd give it a 10 while I hate part of it, but that's because what I like outweighs what I dislike about 50:1. Skyrim has the biggest, most detailed, and most interactive world of any game, ever. It also has very in-depth character building (role-playing) and combat. However, there are tow things I HATE about this game. Those are the bugs, which almost break the game, and the linear dialogue, which is the opposite of interactive.
    Pros: - Interactive world (From fishing, farming, and house-building to murdering townspeople and robbing houses, you can do just about anything in the world of Skyrim)
    - Role playing (You can be whatever you want, seriously. Want to be a sailor? Check. Want to be a merchant? Go for it. Want to be a townsguard? Be my guest. The RPing possibilities are endless)
    - Combat (The combat is flexible and satisfying. Being able to wield a mace in one hand and a fireball spell in the other is just one of hundreds of combinations. On top of that, the executions make for some extremely satisfying kills)
    - Voice acting (There are many different voices in Skyrim, each very talented, and bring life to the virtual world)
    - Enemy diversity (I couldn't count the amount of enemies in Skyrim if I tried. There are so many different creatures, which make each encounter refreshing)
    Cons: - Bugs (There are far too many bugs for it to be excused. The bugs include game freezing, falling through the world, disappearing items, and audio glitches. However, some slack should be given due to the sheer size of the game)
    - Story (Dragons, what could be more entertaining than that? Almost everything. The story is quite bland, but at least includes a lot of the rich Elder Scrolls lore)
    - Dialogue (The dialogue has very few options, making the characters hardly believable. This brings me back to the legendary Morrowind, which had EXTREMELY interactive dialogue, giving many different options and topics)
    Overall, it's one of the best games I've ever played, and possible the best Elder Scrolls game. The game breaking bugs, bland story, and lack of interactive dialogue are more than excused when considering the sheer amount of content and role-playing that make Skyrim a better world than ours... No joke.
  62. Mar 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the first Elder Scrolls game I have ever played. Originally I had played it on Xbox, but when my ex and I split, (Xbox was his) I got the game for PC. At first it was kind of a pain to learn the controls, but I went out and got myself a game controller for the PC, and it was all gravy after that. My PC is not one of those super powerful PCs, I have a quad core processor and an AMD graphics card, yet I can play on high settings, with a serious collection of mods, and DLC's added. It crashed one time due to a mod not being compatible with another mod I already had, but other then that it works amazingly well. There are a ton of quests, and stories within the plot. Would have been nice if they put more voice actors, and less repetitive quotes from NPC's. I often want to beat up the guards with their "arrow in the knee" thing over and over and over. Yep. Also, it would have been neat to see a little more complex interactions between mates or followers with the main character. My husband- he is really boring, like a piece of furniture that hands me coins or food every so often. I mean, they should at least fight over money, hold hands, make babies, you know? Though he wanted to marry after I beat him up in a brawl, that was pretty amusing. The Hearthfire add on allows adoption, however. Overall, I really like the game, and I am looking forward to seeing what the next game will be like. Expand
  63. Mar 29, 2014
    Out of the box this game is mediocre at best. Thankfully mods can save many of the glaring flaws such as the world scaling to your level and removing magical compass markers, limitless fast travel and so on.

The core mechanics is very much dumbed down since Morrowind and sadly cannot really be fixed via mods. Todd Howard evidently is in charge and he is well known for enjoying action
    games rather than RPG games. It shows.

Factions in Skyrim is extremely underused and underwelming. Many key NPCs are invulnerable, breaking immersion.

To sum things up: There are many flawsbut with mods you can enjoy a few hundred hours of gaming.
  64. Mar 24, 2014
    One of the most compelling RPGs I've played in a long time, Skyrim presents players with all they could ask in this genre: good story, wonderful graphics and ambience, immersive and non-repetitive quests, beautiful and diversified environments, attractive game mechanics (casting spells has never been so fun) and a highly appealing theme (vikings and dragons can't go wrong). I must admit it's hard to stop playing, even after completing the whole game twice. BUT, there's the feeling that something is missing. What could it be? Well, once you get past the distractions, you will realize how utterly broken this game is; it's highly unbalanced in every possible aspect, and it favors exploiting the game's leveling mechanics instead of actually playing in order to level up your skills. If you choose to be a wizard, you will soon realize that magic is pretty weak once you reach a certain point in the game or select a higher difficulty, because the only way to increase magic damage is picking two perks that will (together) boost it by 50%, and that's it. As for the weapons, skill value and perks will increase it's damage by 215% or more (depending on the weapon), and it can be improved with smithing to give over 800% it's initial damage, without cheating. This can be achieved by using your alchemy skill to make potions that increase enchanting, then drink it and enchant your equipment to boost alchemy, repeat the process several times until you have the best possible enchantment potions, then use it to enchant armors which will boost your smithing skill, wear it, drink a smithing potion made with your best alchemy boosting equipment, and, finally, improve your weapon at the grinstone. Then you drink another potion to boost your enchanting and put enchantments on your armor that will increase damage output from weapons. This is the formula for power in Skyrim. I know, it sounds crazy. Anyway, while a Mage will start the game dealing 8 damage with initial spells and improve to a maximum of 80 damage with the top spells and perks, a Warrior or Archer will begin dealing about the same ammount of damage with inferior weapons and skills, but will have his damage improved to over 650 with top enchantments and weapons. And this is only a small example of how unbalanced and exploitable Skyrim is. Once you have your enchanted equipment, all other items you find in the game are just useless and inferior. Skyrim allows the player to save/load at any time, another exploit that takes the fun out of the game; what's the point of having the thrill of being caught pickpocketing when everyone saves the game before such actions to prevent failure? You will save before doing anything in this game to assure your success, because the game allows it. I can't give Skyrim a higher score because, even though it is awesome, it was not tested and balanced before it's release nor patched later, it is broken and will always be. Expand
  65. Mar 23, 2014
    I have tryed it multiple times yet can get to like this game. The story is boring to me and nothing put me into the game. I always only think to skip the dialog as it look empty. Combat aren't really difficult, just use your friend to tank forever and kill it from the side. Bad story, no difficulty, faulty menu. Happy for those who liked it. This game sucks for me.
  66. Mar 22, 2014
    This game is nearly endless, so as talking about it. Even after completing everything, there's always tons of things to do as soon as you sit and start playing. Sometimes you lose yourself in it. But it has to be a little smarter. Not just in crafting and enchanting. With all these great dialogues and everything. I'd like to use my head just a little bit. Not just go straight. Do the quest, and return every time. I'm not an 8 years old boy, and the game is rated M for Mature. Expand
  67. Mar 22, 2014
    Skyrim is the role playing game (RPG) for the non-RPG gamer. It's a visually gorgeous world with countless quests and many secrets. Grip your sword tight when meet your first dragon.
  68. Mar 21, 2014
    I think this game is ok. Not amazing, not bad. However here are my problems with the game: Walking is too slow, running is too fast. The PC controls for lockpicking are bad. However the overall game isn't bad. Also there are parts in the game you can exploit so you can finish the game quick.
  69. Mar 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best games ever I've ever played I give it 10/10 as much as I'm a gamer and I play alot of games!
    The score should GROW UP! So thumb it up guys!
  70. Mar 18, 2014
    Subtract everything you liked about the other elder scrolls and well you basically have this game. A very limited spell system, with an overpowered fireball, game play that feels more like an mmo than an elder scrolls, very little combat on main thorough fares, even in the wilderness battles are few and far between. Combined with that and the fact that enemy spells were hitting me through a solid mountain when I wasn't even in line of sight, demolished any chance of me playing this game past that point. Expand
  71. Mar 13, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a game I have put many hours into, and I go like it quite a lot, but is isn't perfect...

Pros:
    Huge Open World
    Lots of quests to keep you occupied
    Mind blowing soundtrack

Cons:
    Combat can be clunky at times
    Some of the side quests can be repetitive after a while

Skyrim does have its problems, but it is still worth giving a go by all means!
  72. Mar 12, 2014
    I love this game and I cant wait for elder scrolls 6. Anyone giving it a 0,1,2, or three don't know what they are talking about or barely played it. I just got the game a few days ago and have spent 34 hours on it.
  73. Mar 12, 2014
    Simplemente, aburrido. Buenos gráficos, un gran mundo para explorar y mucha libertad. No está mal, supongo... para el que prefiera eso a una buena historia, personajes carismáticos y algo de personalidad.

Pd: si buscas un RPG, mira en otra parte. Aquí no tenemos de eso.
  74. Mar 11, 2014
    I find there's very little variation in Skyrim: enemies may look different but you fight them all in the same way and fighting is about 80% of the game play. There are no hard enemies in Skyrim apart from the occasional dragons, who in my experience tend to more concerned with immolating wildlife than letting me murder them, the cowards. I don't feel compelled to explore the world when I already know that it's pretty homogenous and my interaction with it doesn't have any progression. The game gets easier as you go as you weren't challenged in the first place and eventually I just got bored and stopped playing. That said, the game engine is good, the leveling system works well and most of the bugs have been iron out. There are, however, some inconsistencies, errors, plot holes etc. which make me wonder how much time was spent testing this game. For example - why are over 90% of the population of Skyrim bandits? Why is every fort a ruin occupied by outlaws? When I'm obviously trying to save the world and everybody knows it, why do some NPCs think that their petty quibbling is more important the whole damn planet? In one quest you'll poison a barrel of mead in an out building of a brewery but when you return to the main building 5 seconds later the poisoned mead is ready in a tankard. This is just sloppy. Couple these with the way all new Bethesda games are released as a pile of bugs held together with spider's web and you've got a company who care far more about making money than making games and will go in the same bin as EA if they keep it up.

It's better than Oblivion, not as good as Morrowind or Nehrim.
  75. Mar 7, 2014
    This game is beautiful, breathtaking, and rich with graphics and story line alike. The in depth details like books and stories laying all over the expansive world will drag you into little things that don't even have anything to do with the storyline. I don't know how many times I've turned this game on, just to find some random area to take screenshots because of how beautiful it looks.

The dungeons are intense sometimes. I don't know what it is, but the creators sure made it so that somehow walking your character down into the depths of one of these dungeons/caves, makes you feel tense and ready for an attack. Half the time it feels as though I'm holding my breath and I need to remember to breath (I'm also kind of a wimp though, I'll admit that freely)

The dragons are beautiful. I can't even begin to explain how amazing I think they are. Someone put in a great amount of work and detail to create them. With such an expansive world map, I always feel like I'm going to find something they just skipped over and decided to not bother with putting detail into it, but I have yet to find something. Even the tiniest blade of grass has detail.

I have yet to come across any bugs that inhibit me from playing the game the way it was meant to be played. The game hasn't frozen, glitched, or anything to be expected with a bad bug, so I've quite enjoyed what I have received as a game.

I am definitely looking forward to more from this sequel of games. The Elder Scrolls have not failed me yet.
  76. Fuz
    Mar 6, 2014
    Fire the guy who designed the interface. Just. Fire. Him. It's the worst interface I've ever seen. We have a mouse, non a gamepad. Apart from that, is the same game we already knew from Oblivion. Lots of bugs, pleasant graphics (but you can do better IF you don't do a straight from console porting) et cetera. If you liked Oblivion you will like this. If you couldn't stand all the little problems and annoyances like the unresponsive combat (no feedback on hits? seriously?) and the TERRIBLE enemies scaling you wouldn't like this game. I'm still waiting for a Daggerfall 2. Or a Daggerfall remake. And by the way: FIRE the guy who designed the interface. Also, the guy who approved it. Expand
  77. Mar 4, 2014
    Since I´m not into the ElderScrolls games (only played Skyrim), this game is not much more than Fallout 3 in a fantasy world. It hase some nice features like the huge world, crafting and a nice set of quests. But it feels like a Fantasy-SinglePlayer-SecondLife.
    It has some flaws, foremost a missing golden thread. My motivation curve was a downward spiral, since progress became repetitive
    and pointless. Skills, equipment and even leveling becomes senseless at some point (far from endgame), since it´s possible to win every fight by using brainpower.
    The world feels empty, grey and static, by the way. So many possibilities wasted...

A big world to discover, some nice hours of gameplay, but far from being a hypeworthy, shimmering gem of video game. So: some honest 7 of 10. Clearly above average, but not outstanding.
  78. Mar 1, 2014

Also one thing I loved about Morrowind was the variety of architectural styles, one settlement could be a poor dock village and another could be a magnificent mushroom town, there are much fewer settlements in Skyrim and about one or two architectural styles, more or less every fort is captured by bandits.

Skyrim is very unimmersive as it drowns you with loading screens that all take too long and has definitely shows that it was made with consoles in mind more than PC.I don't know why with all the interesting exotic places in Tamriel, Bethesda keep choosing the dullest ones to set their game in. Morrowind had a fantastic setting with many distinct biomes that added variety to the game and made it feel like it didn't take place on Earth but rather an interesting imaginary world. I don't understand all the praise for this setting, there are very few biomes that don't feel very different at all and travel is pointless due to the fact that fast travel exists and that you can't travel when over-encumbered FOR SOME REASON. Morrowind didn't have fast travel and it never should have, it had many interesting forms of travel available in most places making travel useful.

Also if you don't want the player to kill children DON'T PUT THEM IN THE GAME. All invincible characters in this game ruin immersion and if they witness you commit a crime there's nothing you can do about it.
  79. Feb 26, 2014
    Simply one of the most beautiful games I've ever lain my eyes on. The scenery and the fantasy-ish atmosphere of the world is breath-taking, and even more so with certain mods installed, which is almost certainly a must for the PC version. If your PC can handle it, I highly recommend you install high resolution mods.
    About the game itself, the most memorable aspect of the game in my
    opinion is not the scenery, but the music, which completes the divinity of the landscape.
    The game got its bugs, as expected from a Bethesda game, but the positive aspect of the game towers above the negative ones.

In a nutshell: You won't find a more beautiful world than Skyrim.
  80. Feb 25, 2014
    Awesome...just pure awesomeness oozing from a vein of awesome. Huge openworld to explore lots of quests to complete and tons of skills to enhance and perks to choose from. if you haven't played it yet... what the hell are you waiting for.
  81. Feb 24, 2014
    Skyrim is hands down one of the best RPGs I have ever played. It is beautifully made, very immersive, very complex and fun to play. If you play RPGs for the stories, exploration and character developement, this game is probably still the best one on the market currently. I spent more than 50 hours playing this game and there is still so much waiting to be explored. In terms of storylines that is. There are so many of them. If you are more into combat and action though, you might find this game disappointing, probably as well as the other Elder Srolls games in the past. Expand
  82. Feb 17, 2014
    Reading these reviews, it's easy to tell that anyone giving this game a low score is just a big Hipster. This game is amazing, and will be remembered for it's insane amount of content spread throughout the world.
  83. Feb 14, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls V:

Una de mis mejores compras
    no puede haber juego tan bueno
    y tan completo, si eres de las personas
    que les gusta los juegos de rol pero
    en modo solitario xD este es tu juego
    y nunca se acabara

BURRO LYDIA FTW
  84. Feb 13, 2014
    One of if not the most epic adventure in video game industry. You rarely see something that is done so well and is full of content! That said this is probably one of the most epic RPG-games ever made.
  85. Feb 12, 2014
    Best game I have ever played, hands down. It really immerses you in the world. Any flaws it has can be easily erased by mods, which are super simple to download and very easy to use. If you have never had the pleasure of playing this game, I will personally shoot an arrow in your knee. >:D Over 500 hours logged and counting.
  86. Feb 12, 2014
    In this game, you'll be sent back to the times where people fought with swords and bows. A brilliant setting, if you ask me.
    The game lets you do whatever you want.

You can customize your character to your own style, own personal favorite race, and you'll be able to fight any style you want.
  87. Feb 11, 2014
    TESV Skyrim brings almost nothing new into the RPG style games.

Skyrim is a repetitive experience from start to end, the only thing that changes is that it gets more flashy as you progress, but when it comes to asking to player to be skilled, not that much. The graphics are awful, the characters are boring, it really failed to impress me. Then there's a whole lot of problems with
    gameplay, dragons are more plentiful than bandits sometimes, its just ridiculous.

But then comes modding which is the reason why I give it a 6 instead of a 4. Modding community made some very good mods that introduced very detailed characters, good graphics, and so on. However not one single mod I managed to get my hands on managed to stop the boring level grind and bring a more rewarding system where the player skill is the most important asset (as opposed to the ingame character skills).

In the end this game can be fun but it feels really lacking, like if they made the basic map and characters of the game and dismissed everything else. Its a trend that its common now, people love the "open world" games so they advertise it and make it look like the options are endless, but this game isn't truly an open world game is it, its just a big map with a main story and random pointless quests/locations.

Game industry is stalled, goal isn't anymore to make good creative games, it's just all about making something fancy and give false expectations to players so they buy the game, then promise more functionality in paid DLC's or the next game in the series, so people go and buy the next game in the series which added very little to the previous one, sometimes its even less detailed... this is just sad.
  88. Feb 9, 2014
    The game plays great, looks great, and sounds great. The side quests are great, the main quest is great, the random events are great, the world is great, and the leveling is great. Its just fantastic. Best played on PC (mods).
  89. Feb 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a huge fan and modder of the past two TES games, I had high expectations for Skyrim. However, I was rather disappointed. I will list the good and the bad.

THE GOOD

First of all, Skyrim has some of the best graphics I've ever seen in a PC game. Just awesome. I also enjoyed how you were given a choice to side with the Empire to help keep the peace OR side with the Stormcloaks and free Skyrim from Imperial rule. That was a nice change of pace. I certainly had a blast with the Thalmor putting death warrants out on you, as well as thieves trying to rob you. The leveling system is great and the combat is quite good. Hmm.. that's about it.

THE BAD

They took away skills like athletics and acrobatics and get this, portable alchemy! This was a HUGE let down for me. With Morrowind and Oblivion, I enjoyed carrying around my mortar and mixing potions on the fly. Disappointing indeed. Weapons and armor do not degrade so there's no need to repair, ever. This is just plain stupid in my opinion. It takes away realism. Seriously, when you fight, weapons and armor are going to degrade eventually, but no. A HUGE mistake Bethesda. Fighting dragons is cool for awhile, but then after the first dozen or two, it really starts to get boring. I'd rather delve into Oblivion Gates and I hate those things. Also, the shouts you are sent to discover are like the same thing over and over. You go into said ruin, fort, dungeon, fight some monsters, solve a puzzle or two and grab the new shout. Boring and repetitive. Same thing with most of the quests. There are boring and repetitive. Go to said ruin, fort, grab this or that, deliver this or that, blah blah blah. The bounty hunting is really repetitive. Now, what really got me, was, not many people in Skyrim seem to sleep, or if they do, they sleep for like an hour and they're back up again. In Oblivion, people were on tight schedules and it seemed more realistic. The NPCS are very annoying and it seems like everyone hates you. People just do not shut up. They all just jabber on and tell you their entire life story. I actually had to use a mod called "No Npc Greetings" just to give my ears a rest. Seriously, in real life, you don't just stop a stranger in the middle of the street and start telling them your whole life story. Not realistic at all. The guards are terrible too. It's like, your character is not even doing anything or looking for trouble and they just start mouthing off to you like you're some kind of criminal. Terrible execution Bethesda. The Hearthfire DLC is fun but you cannot build your home in a spot of your choosing. Marriage is cool, but you can't have kids, you need to adopt, but then the kids never age. Strange. The wildlife is nothing new. The wolves in Oblivion are cooler looking. Catching diseases is CRAZY in Skyrim. The first wolf I encountered with my character gave me the rattles. First hit too. Better carry lots of Cure Disease Potions with you or garlic bread. I also didn't like character creation. All the races are ugly and hair styles look horrible! There are mods to fix this however, but Oblivion's character generator is better. The landscape in Skyrim I also thought to be dull and dreary. I know it's Skyrim and it's suppose to be like this frozen wasteland, but there's a limit. Everywhere you go, all you see is snow, mountains are gray gray gray. Furthermore, is Bethesda ever going to fix the rain and snow from falling through overhangs? This is so unrealistic. Come on Bethesda... it wouldn't be hard to add some collision to overhangs so your character can stand under to stay dry. It's called "realism." The factions are boring too. Morrowind and Oblivion's factions are far superior and you had to work at them to get ahead. In Skyrim, you can become head guy/gal in a matter of a few days. Did I mention, you get no respect in the game either? Well, you don't. You'd think the guards would recognize you as a member of the Imperial Legion, but no, they still treat you like a commoner. In Oblivion, you were hailed as the Champion of Cyrodiil, Savior of Bruma and everyone loved you, at least if you didn't have have a bounty, but in Skyrim, you come back after the main quest and nothing. No one hails you as a hero. What a let down. Even the kids in the game treat you like dirt. It's bad.

I never dreamed of giving a TES title a score this low, but that's where I see it. A five is all I can give. I think Bethesda made a good game with Skyrim, but it was poorly executed and could have and should have been much better. Let's hope TES VI brings better realism, better factions, better quests and better immersion. 5/10. Extremely Overrated.
  90. Feb 8, 2014
    I played this awesome game without mods for more than 80 hours and played it even more when i downloaded some mods its simply have lots of quests, stories, choices lots of it and the female armor is realistic . this game deserve an oscar for pc games or at least 1010 ratings
  91. Feb 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I bought the game reading all the positive reviews and playing dishonored(another Bethesda studios game). But after playing it i find it hugely overrated. There is nothing in this game. The graphics are slack, story pretty ordinary. All you'll do is roam from one city to another and fetch some souvenir. Certainly not worth the time. Expand
  92. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10, Graphics: 10 out of 10, Fun: 8 out of 10, Controls: 7 out of 10, Difficulty: 8 out of 10, Length: 10 out of 10, Re-play: 6 out of 10, Value: 8 out of 10
  93. Feb 3, 2014
    Simply the best game ever made. Of course I say this every time a new Elder Scrolls game comes out. I have 825 hours logged in steam. And yet there are still things I have yet to do. Nothing else comes close in terms of breadth and depth. If you like sandbox RPGs, this is a must play.
  94. Jan 29, 2014
    While the games mechanics (combat, magic, alchemy, leveling etc.) are almost in all ways superior to previous TES games, the quality of the quests has declined greatly. With the exception of only a few quests, Skyrim has returned to the god-awful generic quests of Morrowind. All guild questlines are pretty unimaginative and short, mostly consisting of nothing more than dungeon raids which get old pretty quick due to Skyrim's somewhat repetitive level design. Thieves guild quests were particularly disappointing as some of them weren't even related to stealth at all. I also criticize the implementation of radiant quests which are completely without substance.

The UI isn't optimum for PC but fortunately can be improved vastly with mods. The game has some balancing issues as well, particularly with money, it is simply too abundant. Owning Skyrim's entire economy tends to remove the incentive of gold, and this is ridiculously easy to achieve without using exploits or even trying. Fortunately, once again, this can be fixed with mods.

At least the visuals look nice, and sound design is good for the most part... so there's that. But really, those unoriginal quests prevent this game from being anything more than decent. It's an entertaining experience with mods, not so much if you're playing vanilla Skyrim. Whether you're playing modded or not, don't expect to be drawn in by intuitive quests and engaging storylines.
  95. Jan 27, 2014
    Terribly disappointing. When will we stop rewarding Bethesda for these incredibly low-quality games? It's like watching a production of Shakespeare where the actors and crew are drunk - the story may be compelling and the backdrop spectacular, but the entire performance is doomed to failure. From the interface to the voice acting to the animations, this game is sub-par. For God's sake Bethesda, get a better QA department! Expand
  96. Jan 26, 2014
    This game is a triumph in gaming. Doesn't mean there isn't some minor flaws though but it's a breathtaking experience every gamer who likes rpgs should experience. Morrowind is still my favorite but this is a close second.
  97. Jan 26, 2014
    This game is a 'near perfect' game. Does not deserve a full 10, but does not deserve below a 9. I'd give it a 9.7 for PC, and a little lower on console, due to the mods that PC provides that enhances the performance and detail. The content that this game provides is enormous. Actually, enormous doesn't even explain it.
    People complain about the bugs in this game, and yes it does have
    quite a few bugs, but that's to be expected in a world that is so immerse like Skyrim.
    There are many side quests, my favourite is the Thieves Guild storyline, which, in my opinion is better than the main story itself.
    Putting in more than 200 hours only, I still haven't seen, explored and conquered everything, and whoever 100% completes this game, they deserve a cookie.
  98. Jan 23, 2014
    When I was young, I always fantasized about dungeons, dragons, swords and magic... Seeing movies and stories about magical adventures... This game is pretty much my childhood dream realized. You pick up you sword and magic, you delve into dangerous dungeons slaying dragons left and right. How can this game not be awesome? This game has the best graphics my WinXP toaster can handle with awesome music to accompany it. Skyrim is one of the milestone of video games. It's a perfect blend of Developer content and User-made mods. I think Skyrim's Steam workshop is a great achievement in itself and shows how much Bethesda cares about its fan. Even 2-3 years after release, Skyrim is one of the most played game on Steam, right next to DOTA2, CS:GO, TF2, Civ5 and many more Steam "Giants". That should say a lot. Expand
  99. Jan 22, 2014
    Desde que comencé mi afición a los videojuegos con mi viejo VIC-20, después con el Commodore 64 y hasta la fecha, Skyrim es el mejor juego de todos los que han sacado. Absolutamente impresionante en todos los aspectos.
  100. Jan 13, 2014
    I like Skyrim but its just too "dumbed down"/ "casualised" / "consolized" (what ever) for my taste.

-level scaling, random loot, terrible quests and overall bad story, no attributes (why?), vampires walking at day, werewolves without forced transformation (player is not punished in Skyrim for anything, you cant fail at anything even if you want to), brainwashed characters and many many
    more things, badly designed smithing, too easy,lack of weapons (shortswords, throwing weapons, spears etc), lack of spells (only 3 daedra summons in original game), lack of factions/guilds, guild quests lines are bad and short.

Overall , good game, not really god RPG.
  101. Nov 28, 2011
    Subtract everything you hate about past elder scrolls games, add everything you love, add a better engine that does not crash on you every 10 minutes and is not a steaming pile of bugs, pretty up everything, make the faces cooler and make just about everything better and you have skyrim. This game is a masterpiece, its the game that we have been waiting for in 2011, (Most titles this year have been bad to say the least) This game would deserve a perfect 10 if not for the super lame secondary main quest which is the civil war, you can kill the final boss in one hit, I understand that level scaling is bad in most cases, but in some cases things have to be level scaled. The annoying part is, the civil war is about the length of the dragon questline! this game would get a 9.7 in my book now, thanks to that one little detail, but since metacritic forces me to round up my score, 10 it is!
    Also, if you really want to complain about the crappy interface of how you painfully select everything and how its built for a controller, do one of the two following things : get a mod, or use a controller, we all have USB ports!

1. Feb 29, 2012