8.2

1. Feb 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Primary reason why people are giving low scores is cause of bugs. EVERY game has bugs in the beginning they have already made huge progress on dealing with them. To be honest I never encountered ANY bugs that broke my experience or the game and I have put 180+ hours... (I know ridiculous) Only bugs I generally see are a few quests that didn't work but non were important to the games progression. The other bugs were with clipping like me shooting a body half into something which is is hilarious anyway.

Some people have the nerve to talk about the physics being bad really? First game I ever seen with rivers that have force waterfalls that push arrows that feel reasonable (Not bang on but not to far off) Not to mention.

People also complain about NPC's being repetitive. How many things do you expect them to program into the NPC's to say my god they can't spend years recording endless "useless banter" I am glad they put some in to give the characters some life but let's be honest would you want them to waste years of time and tons of game space just so you can hear endless amounts of pointless conversation I mean seriously that be ridiculous.

Next point is people going on and on about "filler" quests there are a handful of repeat quests but the strong majority (at least 90+ hours of my play time worth) were all unique quests with unique characters in unique environment that if you pay attention can be quite captivating. Heck I remember recently walking into a random dungeon for no reason all of a sudden I am involved in some tragic necromancers war and he's using an enslaved Jarl as a lackey I thought that was neat for just a random nothing dungeon.

Gear? Really people these days want WoW type gear systems were ever they go. I can't stand random gear systems it just means you have to spend more time looking for gear that enjoying the game. Elder scrolls gear systems are more in tune with a gun game were you put some effort into getting the look/feel you like but that just enjoy the game and not have to concern with it.
    If I am going to chop something's head of with an axe I will admit having a cool axe is nice but I don't see a point in having 10 cool axes non of which have exactly the stats I want. Instead I prefer to make my favourite axe put the enchants that reflect my play style (soul capture and life steal) and let me go. Although I use a bow not an axe but you get the point.

Honestly best game I have ever played for any genre main reason for that? Because it was a full game! I put ridiculous hours into this a single player and still have stuff that needs doing (I have not even touched the repeat stuff) I am so SICK of games coming out and a week later downloadable content because it's a business. At least Bethesda tries to make money but not at the expense of putting cut up products to make that money.
  2. Feb 25, 2012
    Very good game, rich in gameplay, tons of dungeons, beautiful world. The only thing i can complain is the very very boring combat system, Bethesda could have done better next time. Also, a few stunning cinematic for the story is not bad too. =)
  3. Feb 25, 2012
    Game as any other Bethesda game.
    If you played Oblivion and Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, then you've seen it all. This is the same game with different theme. Been there, done that, that's it. I got bored after playing 8h of it, it's too repetitive. After playing Witcher 2 this game looks and plays like crap.
  4. Feb 25, 2012
    Just fantastic... true, the individual moments of it are slightly lacking but it all plays so well together which makes it one of 2011's must-play games.
  5. Feb 24, 2012
    The Game is great, don't know what negative reviewers even are saying, sure the interface is different, but is still manageable, in no way should destroy the gameplay. It seems most of the jerks that rated low must live on oblivion games as a second life to get away from there meaningless routine and were terribly disappointed. Other than that, game has bugs, forgivable, as noticingThe Game is great, don't know what negative reviewers even are saying, sure the interface is different, but is still manageable, in no way should destroy the gameplay. It seems most of the jerks that rated low must live on oblivion games as a second life to get away from there meaningless routine and were terribly disappointed. Other than that, game has bugs, forgivable, as noticing Besthda is pushing to fix them, unimaginable amounts of content, cant yet understand how they fitted it into only 6gb. Graphics are breath taking "IF" you download the HD texture pack from steam, its free, seriously. Nice Game Engine over all, physics are accurate, anything within reason can be interacted with. (except grass) Games ridiculously long, at least when you play a side quest or two in between story driven missions. Summarizing, great graphics, great engine, great story, great experience. Definitely the best $60 you can spend on a game by far. Expand
  6. Feb 24, 2012
    There's a lot to like in Skyrim. The world is huge and pretty, the music is fantastic, and there's a ton of content. The leveling and skill system is much improved from Oblivion. On the negative side, the game suffers from random glitches. Switching between items and skills is very clunky. Allowing hotkeys for switching would have made the game play a lot more smoothly. The combat isThere's a lot to like in Skyrim. The world is huge and pretty, the music is fantastic, and there's a ton of content. The leveling and skill system is much improved from Oblivion. On the negative side, the game suffers from random glitches. Switching between items and skills is very clunky. Allowing hotkeys for switching would have made the game play a lot more smoothly. The combat is only so-so, and not really improved from Oblivion. Overall, I feel like it's a good but flawed game. Expand
  7. Feb 24, 2012
    If you compared Skyrim to any game, you could label it as fantastic. If you compared it to its predecessor, Oblivion, you might as well label it the be-all-to-end-all. I've been playing for months now and I just can't stop coming back. The quests, graphics, gameplay, and character gen are so much improved over Oblivion it still makes me a bit giddy when I step back and take it all in.If you compared Skyrim to any game, you could label it as fantastic. If you compared it to its predecessor, Oblivion, you might as well label it the be-all-to-end-all. I've been playing for months now and I just can't stop coming back. The quests, graphics, gameplay, and character gen are so much improved over Oblivion it still makes me a bit giddy when I step back and take it all in. Now that I've mentioned character gen, here is one thing I cannot stand. I cannot stand people who say this game is generic and classless!!! That is completely unfair. Skyrim has probably the best class creation system I have ever seen in a game. The way it functions? Your class is created as you play, instead of predetermining a class at the beginning of the game. Simple. Elegant. Genius. In fact it's so much so that the way previous TES games did class creation seems ridiculous to me now (although I still enjoy the crap out of Morrowind). If you read my Oblivion review, you'd know another one of my gripes with that game was how bland the world proper was. Not so in Skyrim. Back again is the feeling Morrowind had where every dungeon was carefully considered and designed, and the locale themes are fluid, sensible and beautiful. Continuing on with dungeons, I have never seen a world map so utterly packed with dungeons and locales to visit. There is an insane amount of dungeons and I have enjoyed every one I stepped in (I think about 100 at this point.) Bethesda has also continued their tradition (except for Oblivion's main quest) of outstanding quest writing. Although the faction quests in Skyrim are quite short, as is the main quest, they are all very interesting, and very cool, and add a lot to TES lore. They added some really subtle details here and there that really contributed to the immersion of the faction quests as well. So if this game is so perfect, why a 9? Well the UI for PC isn't as good as it could have been. It's definitely manageable and I have grown accustomed to it, but it could have been better. I'm also taking off a little for some of the questlines being a *bit* too short and some very weird texture bugs I have run across. Overall, however, this is a stunning and gorgeous game with fun, fun, fun gameplay, great characters and an epic story to be had. Well done, Bethesda, well done. (Especially after that sh*tstorm Oblivion, sorry but I just can't let it go.) Expand
  8. Feb 23, 2012
    Most overrated game ever. I got about half way through the main quest, and did a few sidequests that didn't involve collecting about 50 of random items. I only did half of the main quest as I got bored every time I played this, and quit after a while, due to this. The reason I kept playing until then? It was a game I wanted to like, due to the reviews. But there were too many problems. TheMost overrated game ever. I got about half way through the main quest, and did a few sidequests that didn't involve collecting about 50 of random items. I only did half of the main quest as I got bored every time I played this, and quit after a while, due to this. The reason I kept playing until then? It was a game I wanted to like, due to the reviews. But there were too many problems. The menus are horrible to navigate, and the skill tree menu confused me.
    The AI are stupid, i'll usually find a few NPCs and enemies walking into walls.
    There are so many glitches in the game, it became unplayable at one point, and I had to re-install it because of it.
    The physics are so bad. Countless times I have picked a jug or something similar up, and it's bounced off a wall, and flown into me, killing me.
    The graphics are horrible on the max settings, even with the HD Texture Pack, recently released, which I re-installed the game for.
    And, my god, the fans. If I mention to some people on a forum or on a game online, i'll be called a troll. I am not a troll for disliking something you like. And don't even get me started on the "Arrow to the knee" fad.
    There are some good points, but only because they made me laugh. The Fus Ro Dah shout made my ribs hurt from laughter, mainly because of how the people ragdoll. Especially fun when you find a Goat on a mountain.
    The range of weapons and armor is massive and the map is huge.
    The Dragons are an interesting feature, but beyond broken.

I wanted to like this game, but it was just one of the worst gaming experiences I have ever had.
  9. Feb 22, 2012
    I'm not much of a gamer, so I really didn't know what the **** "Skyrim" was. I heard it was a big talkabout in the internet, so I bought the game and played that **** For this one time, my life was SOOOOOOO happy with this game. You get to pick your own characters, get your own house, marry chicks, kill zombies and bandits and DRAGONS and stuff, pick whatever dialogue you have, choose yourI'm not much of a gamer, so I really didn't know what the **** "Skyrim" was. I heard it was a big talkabout in the internet, so I bought the game and played that **** For this one time, my life was SOOOOOOO happy with this game. You get to pick your own characters, get your own house, marry chicks, kill zombies and bandits and DRAGONS and stuff, pick whatever dialogue you have, choose your own weapons, ride a horse, explore new **** in the VAST, VAST world, and most importantly...MAGIC. Dual wielding magic is possible with various kinds of amazing stuff that works with it. Simply one of the best games in my life. Skyrim foreveaaaaa!!! Expand
  10. Feb 21, 2012
    A brilliant game which kept me playing for two months. However, I felt it had gone rather hack and slashy, with most quests being go to this dungeon and kill the leader/take this item. Also the "elegant menu system" was rubbish causing me no end of problems. Seems curmudgeonly to give it less than ten but it's still a flawed masterpiece. Also how did they manage to make chickens witnessesA brilliant game which kept me playing for two months. However, I felt it had gone rather hack and slashy, with most quests being go to this dungeon and kill the leader/take this item. Also the "elegant menu system" was rubbish causing me no end of problems. Seems curmudgeonly to give it less than ten but it's still a flawed masterpiece. Also how did they manage to make chickens witnesses to a crime? I only hope in Fallout 4 they bring back the interesting quests. Expand
  11. Feb 21, 2012
    C'est la première fois que je joue à un jeu de la série des Elder Scrolls, et étant un gros fan de RPG, j'ai été vraiment retourné par ce titre ! le scénario n'a rien d'exceptionnel (Comme dans beaucoup de jeux, notre personnage est le seul à pouvoir sauver le monde desC'est la première fois que je joue à un jeu de la série des Elder Scrolls, et étant un gros fan de RPG, j'ai été vraiment retourné par ce titre ! le scénario n'a rien d'exceptionnel (Comme dans beaucoup de jeux, notre personnage est le seul à pouvoir sauver le monde des méchants dragons). Mais ce qui différencie ce jeu des autres du genre, c'est principalement la liberté d'action, dans les choix de personnalisation du personnage, et de ses capacités.
    La bande sonore est tout juste parfaite, grâce à elle on est totalement immergé dans le jeu!
    Les graphiques sont géniaux bien que le manque réalisme dans les combats sont assez frustrants (notamment concernant les blessures, aucun impact de flèches, ou encore de marque de blessures)
    Voila pourquoi je ne lui mettrai pas 10. Sans aucun doute le meilleur RPG de ces dernières années!
  12. Feb 21, 2012
    Skyrim is the best open world RPG you can get. A true evolution of genre is not flawless but still it is the game you love to live in. Best game of 2011.
  13. Feb 20, 2012
    Graphics are sharp and it still uses DX9 so chances are your PC will run it (on max settings is another story). Combat is on the simple side and the enemies become extremely easy to defeat halfway to the max level unless you intentionally run around undergeared. Occasional bugginess with regard to quests but most problems can be corrected with console commands (info on web). OverallGraphics are sharp and it still uses DX9 so chances are your PC will run it (on max settings is another story). Combat is on the simple side and the enemies become extremely easy to defeat halfway to the max level unless you intentionally run around undergeared. Occasional bugginess with regard to quests but most problems can be corrected with console commands (info on web). Overall openness is amazing. Go just about anywhere, kill or help just about anyone, start and stop quests anytime, purchase/improve/store items in your own houses, manipulate random objects, ability to create mods. I put it up there with Neverwinter Nights and Dragon Age as some of the best RPGs I've ever played. Expand
  14. Feb 20, 2012
    Following the bugs and issues around the launch I initially reviewed Skrim much lower. Oblivion was a 9/10 and Morrowind a 10. However, a few months on and with many problems patched out the game was improving rapidly. Then the mods came addressing all the console based limitations of the original and adding massive value to the game as a whole. For opening up the creation kit and theFollowing the bugs and issues around the launch I initially reviewed Skrim much lower. Oblivion was a 9/10 and Morrowind a 10. However, a few months on and with many problems patched out the game was improving rapidly. Then the mods came addressing all the console based limitations of the original and adding massive value to the game as a whole. For opening up the creation kit and the sheer strength of the modding community response which would not have been possible if Bethesda did not encourage it. This has gone from an ok to another classic. Expand
  15. Feb 19, 2012
    Pretty much the first thing I did after getting to Riverwood was the Bleak Falls Barrow quest. I did it all in one go and, very sadly, it was by far the most entertaining dungeon I did in the whole game. I had to scavenge for healing potions, I had to use my special power quite a lot (Redguard) , had to kill a few Draugr by leading them through traps and had to reload the final fight inPretty much the first thing I did after getting to Riverwood was the Bleak Falls Barrow quest. I did it all in one go and, very sadly, it was by far the most entertaining dungeon I did in the whole game. I had to scavenge for healing potions, I had to use my special power quite a lot (Redguard) , had to kill a few Draugr by leading them through traps and had to reload the final fight in there a couple of times. Good stuff. Then I got into crafting (good) and alchemy (same old thing but more boring) . Did a few quests which I would describe as moderately hard. After that it was all too easy. Still, there were plenty of places to visit and people to see or were they the same 6 people? The same 6 that had just quaffed a very potent elixir of drain personality? Eventually it felt like Bethesda had forced a potion of damage motivation on me. Why should I keep going? To spend hours in a huge dark cavern looking for plants? No thanks. To scour repetitive dungeons and houses looking for unusual gems. I'll give it a miss. To do virtually the same quests over and over again? NO. Wait, I can get some better alchemy equipment. No. Better gear? No, you're level 35 and you won't find any better stuff. I can rise through the ranks of the theives' guild and steal some outrageous things. Errr.......no. Maybe I could have an amusing chance encounter? Maybe not. Maybe the giants have some other purpose rather than to get my armour skill up and I can find out what it is? Don't think so. Well, there's that high level perk for such and such skill that will really help me when I want to do such and such. Yes, and that would be which one exactly?
    Seriously I have never played a game that left me so bereft of motivation in such a short space of time. The final battle of the main quest was over before it began and afterwards I swapped from two-handed and heavy armour to one-handed and light armour. Even then, with no perks in either, I still could take out the toughest enemies without any trouble. Just took a bit longer and I chugged a couple of healing potions in the process. Right, I've even become demotivated writing about this game. It delivers on a few superficial levels, but deep down it's very shallow indeed. I'm left wondering if it is even possible to make the whole Elder Scrolls experience more bland and anodyne than this. Let's hope not.
  16. Feb 19, 2012
    Everything that is wrong with fantasy and sandbox mmos-- no plot, bad voice acting, no character development. Bad combat, clunky and nearly impossible UI for PC. Biggest waste of $60. Don't listen to the hype, that was my mistake. I even tried playing it again recently to see if I had maybe misjudged it. Still boring and unrelateable.
  17. Feb 19, 2012
    I fully understand that Im going to cop a lot of flak for this one, but I fully intend to review this game as I experienced. The game starts off rather well, but soon loses momentum as the game leaves the player to choose their own adventure. Perhaps, what I thought was the most enjoyable aspect of the game, was exploring the huge world the Bethesda has created, yet this would likelyI fully understand that Im going to cop a lot of flak for this one, but I fully intend to review this game as I experienced. The game starts off rather well, but soon loses momentum as the game leaves the player to choose their own adventure. Perhaps, what I thought was the most enjoyable aspect of the game, was exploring the huge world the Bethesda has created, yet this would likely appeal to very few people. Combat is simple, yet at times a bit clumsy, and graphics, on the whole, I found to be rather underwhelming. By no means has Bethesda mishandled a good concept though perhaps I wish that they had done a little bit more with it. If youâ Expand
  18. Feb 18, 2012
    Without writing an essay, most of you know what to expect from Skyrim so i'll skip all that and just say that this game loses two points for two reasons to earn 8/10 and they are:

1.Too many bugs to poke a stick at (can recall having to reload earlier saves at least twice due to game-breaking glitches). 2. An extremely primitive combat system, especially by today's standards. Besides

2. An extremely primitive combat system, especially by today's standards.

Besides these, Skyrim is a beautiful, rich and very immersive game that one should take their time to fully absorb its content.
  19. Feb 17, 2012
    part of me hates the game now but after 300 hours i guess i would be getting bored of almost anything!some great missions,especially with the side quests,main story is pretty bland but never really been an elder scrolls strong point anyway,it is very easy unfortunately which is why i am deducting 2 points,i have had to restart several times-all because once you've levelled up a bit it'spart of me hates the game now but after 300 hours i guess i would be getting bored of almost anything!some great missions,especially with the side quests,main story is pretty bland but never really been an elder scrolls strong point anyway,it is very easy unfortunately which is why i am deducting 2 points,i have had to restart several times-all because once you've levelled up a bit it's far too easy.even on master difficulty i found around level 30(you can level to 81)you are fairly invincible,apart from against mages for some reason.all in all a great game let down by lack of difficulty Expand
  20. Feb 17, 2012
    Oblivion with a content update. Graphics - same. Gamplay - same. Characterisation - same. Writing - same. Three or four limited cookie-cutter dungeons redrawn a hundred times - same. I guess I should stop expecting TES series to come up with something new and not mind-numbingly repetitive, but there we go. I wanted to like this game, I really did, and I played it for a lot of hours,Oblivion with a content update. Graphics - same. Gamplay - same. Characterisation - same. Writing - same. Three or four limited cookie-cutter dungeons redrawn a hundred times - same. I guess I should stop expecting TES series to come up with something new and not mind-numbingly repetitive, but there we go. I wanted to like this game, I really did, and I played it for a lot of hours, but by the end I was sick of being sent on yet another draugr slashfest to kill the same three types of creatues I'd killed several thousand times before, in another dungeon whose look and feel was exactly the same as the previous three hundred. Unbelievably boring, and that's coming from a fantasy RPG fan. They really do need to start going for quality and not quantity. Expand
  21. Feb 17, 2012
    Looking at 31 positive scores i kinda lose faith in professional reviews and feel like they give instant high rating to popular games after playing them for very short time just to pump industry with money and be popular... :/

Imo skyrim lacks what good rpg game should have. Immersive feel, atmosphere and gameplay. Like old thief, baldurs gate, torment or gothic, or to lesser extend new witcher or even amnesia the dark descent... tbh there aren't made many good games nowadays.

Stuff i dislike in skyrim are: big but lone/boring world where most stuff looks the same (copypasta), fighting is just basically boring not involving one or two button smashing(+drinking potions), npcs feel so "detached" in this world don't make me want to look around for quests or to talk to them...
    Main plot was really mediocre and when you complete it game loses any point of playing anymore because everything feels like filler. Game mechanics suck... Why would they even do stuff like lockingpicking, rhetoric, stealth, its just illusion of choice but in truth they are all useless... This whole game feels more like poor fake/artifical "program" and not like word. I even felt more of rpg in WoW than in this mediocre game. Character models move awkwardly when strafing, if you dual wield, your second weapon isn't even displayed on your belt. Games keeps retard friendly skill level both during battles and so called puzzles.
    You get big world, walk around this same caverns without feeling of purpose, without joy or satisfaction when fighting, talking to these same looking fake npcs. Meh... After playing this game for like 30 hours its linearity and repetitiveness becomes very apparent. Very overrated and overhyped game which doesn't even deserve place between true rpgs. These high rating only show how biased and subjective gaming reviewers are, you can't trust them... Sadly this way we can't expect developers to make really good games like in past.

Anyway this game deserve 5 on 10point scale where 10 are greats like torment, fallout, bg2 and 0 utter crap like postal...
    Its still better than oblivion but this doesn't mean its good, im giving it 0 just to downrate it little bit.
  22. Feb 15, 2012
    The only reason this does not get a 10 from me is because of how blatant the limitations are for this game because it wasn't developed on the PC. This game is great, but it could have been *excellent* if they took advantage of modern technology rather than develop this game on a system that's 7 years old. I love the changes to combat, I love the setting, and I love the new skill system.The only reason this does not get a 10 from me is because of how blatant the limitations are for this game because it wasn't developed on the PC. This game is great, but it could have been *excellent* if they took advantage of modern technology rather than develop this game on a system that's 7 years old. I love the changes to combat, I love the setting, and I love the new skill system. Really, everything hat made Oblivion great has been made better in this game. Expand
  23. Feb 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Awesome game and, despite of what most people say, the computer interface is way better than the previous 2, saves you lots of time.
    Big world, lots of quests, heavy customization. The DLCs holes are bad though, the lack of an arena and unimportant towns makes you wish why exactly they done that.
    Most dungeons gets quite repetitive after a while Bandits/Falmer/Dwemer/Rogue Mages/Draugr and you have more than 60% of all dungeons in the game. Unbalanced skills like Smithing & Enchanting kills part of the joy when replaying the game.
    It really feels boring to build a character that you -know- will be weaker than a previously played one. The Master dificulty could be a bit harder. The console is better than ever. It is a great game for anyone that likes the previous Elder Scroll titles, the new interface will take some time getting used to, but you'll see how it's really faster and efficient than Oblivion's one.
    No doubt, one of the best games in the last years, and probably will keep the title for some more.
  24. Feb 14, 2012
    I began playing the Elder Scrolls series with Morrowind, and it has only gone better from there: this continues to be the only living series in existence which allows you unprecedented freedom. It's not a perfect game: the staples of the series, such as clunky animations, simplistic combat and unrealistic dialogue are present. But the positive things that you actually get... is staggering.I began playing the Elder Scrolls series with Morrowind, and it has only gone better from there: this continues to be the only living series in existence which allows you unprecedented freedom. It's not a perfect game: the staples of the series, such as clunky animations, simplistic combat and unrealistic dialogue are present. But the positive things that you actually get... is staggering. Want to complete missions? There are hundreds. Want to learn how to make your own weapons and master their use? You can. Want to explore a world that is the size of an actual small nation? This is the only place where you can do that (other than real life, that is). And think of the mods - I play with a few essential ones, and if there isn't something you like (don't complain it's a "made-for-consoles" game, it is, for financial reasons, but you can mod it to make it a pure PC game, e.g. with SkyUI), you can create it. With the included creation kit and the new Steam workshop function, modding is easy, supported and incredibly fun. They didn't make a perfect game, but with mods you can make it perfect for you.
    The only reason why you wouldn't enjoy Skyrim is either because you don't like role-playing games or because you don't know what you like. Skyrim opens its doors open wide ajar, and you choose what you do. It's up to you to know what you think is fun, and Skyrim will deliver. An unforgettable classic!
    Bugs encountered (current playtime 30 hours): Has never crashed. I once walked inside a mountain and on another occasion a mammoth fell from the sky for no reason. No game-stopping bugs or broken quests encountered.
  25. Feb 14, 2012
    If you loved Oblivion you will love this game. It is what I expected when I heard about it being developed. With the recent release of the creation kit it can only get better, as it did with Oblivion. This game offers many unique paths you can take and many different ways down those paths. As with Bethesda tradition there are a variety of game-breaking exploits via tradeskills and were aIf you loved Oblivion you will love this game. It is what I expected when I heard about it being developed. With the recent release of the creation kit it can only get better, as it did with Oblivion. This game offers many unique paths you can take and many different ways down those paths. As with Bethesda tradition there are a variety of game-breaking exploits via tradeskills and were a lot of bugs upon release. The console commands could help you bypass the bugs to continue on your way but should that really be the way around them? Exploring off the trail is very rewarding and very exciting, quests are actually meaningful and generally not the usual "collect 10 wolf flanks," "kill 5 mudcrabs," or "pick up my dry cleaning and get me some coffee" that RPG's seem to love these days. There are many ways to improve this game, and they gave us the tools to do it as well. Any open-world RPG fan would be nuts to pass this over. Expand
  26. Feb 14, 2012
    Best RPG I played in a lot of time.

Pros: great immersion, vast world, accurate in all the small detauls, tons of characters, tons of quests, tons of locatons, tons of everything. Main story is good, main quests are also excellent. Combat is nicely done, graphics and sound are excellent. A lot of awesome mods, console commands, great community support. Cons: some bugs here and there,
    Best RPG I played in a lot of time.

Cons: some bugs here and there, controls are clearly console-ported and not optimized for pc (but there are mods to fix that), too easy after the first 20-25 hours (see below).

An advice to new players: the difficulty level is fine for the first 10-15 levels, then the game becomes way too easy. To avoid this problem either raise the difficulty when you reach level 15 or, even better, don't improve your weapons/armor ! Improving your armor and weapons is unbalanced because after few hours you will already have super items that are better than everything you can find in npc and dungeons loot. What I do is I only use items I find in loot, or items I buy from shops, or items I craft myself, but I never improve them ! Enchantment is ok, but don't improve items, your immersion and gameplay will be 10x better. Otherwise you will find yourself insta-killing most of enemies and game will become boring.
  27. Feb 14, 2012
    Alright, time for a review based on what I observed through one long playthrough.

Overall, I like the game and I give credit to Bethesda. Many people seem to discredit them for keeping it similar in feel to Fallout 3. While it is nice to have totally unique games, using a winning formula for a game is also a good idea. The graphics are perhaps not cutting edge, but they are certainly good. The combat system is similar to practically any Bethesda game that has come out since at least Fallout 3. The storyline is creative and fairly good at continuing the continuity of previous Elder Scroll games. Exploration is the biggest part of the game, be it exploring caves, buildings or just the world of Skyrim in general.

Of course, with the good comes the bad. The game tends to have issues with fitting the size of the television screen on Xbox systems, especially those of older model televisions. There are still "bugs" that need to be worked out, as any game of this size is likely to have. However, all bugs I have encountered are easily fixed by restarting the system. Combat is similar to Fallout, but tends to get dull and repetitive. At higher levels, the game becomes too easy. DLCs can remedy this in the future, but it seems to be a way to bait people to spend money on DLCs. The biggest flaw however imo is the characters and their seemingly lackluster responses to everything. They feel programmed to repeat the same things over and over again, and many of the same voice actors can be heard throughout multiple characters.

Overall opinion: A good game with a good story that came out too early with too many familiarities to previous games. Worth a playthrough.
  28. Feb 13, 2012
    This is for the starting out gamer, Who have come out of there camp hole and decided "i will expand my horizon". They get told play skyrim, And believe wow nothing is like this at all.

Then the usual players of such games as Morrowind and Oblivion and fallout 3, Come out of the anticipation hole and are in dying need to love this game, And say they do. Well don't it repetitive, boring

Well don't it repetitive, boring and dam right rubbish. I did not feel my character got better or did i feel he had gained 16 levels. Felt like some kind of unfinished game. As for the bugs well, I won't go into that.

I felt it was not for me, If you love it keep loving, But in reality against other games of its genre and even alot older games. It's terrible.
  29. Feb 13, 2012
    This game is amazing. It will eat all your free time... and act as a conversion medium between what is and is not free time to further fuel the fire that is Skyrim.
  30. Feb 13, 2012
    A game of two halves. The first of which is enjoyable, interesting, engrossing and fun, the second of which is disappointing, tedious, annoying and dull. The second half arrives at an unspecifed time but believe me if you play this game long enough it will make itself known to you. I got my money's worth for sure, but I ended up with negative thoughts about this game which is the mainA game of two halves. The first of which is enjoyable, interesting, engrossing and fun, the second of which is disappointing, tedious, annoying and dull. The second half arrives at an unspecifed time but believe me if you play this game long enough it will make itself known to you. I got my money's worth for sure, but I ended up with negative thoughts about this game which is the main reason for the 6. Who came up with computer generated quests? Who? I cannot think of a better way to make quests mind-numbingly dull. I really can't. Sorry but you can stick your shill job where the sun doesn't shine, buster. Perks. By the time that I was eligible for a lot of these they were completely useless to me. Besides, some of them are useless anyway and others replicated by items that you can get. The banality of almost all NPCs starts to get to you after a while too. How many times did I hear the same conversation in the Palace of Kings? 'He's either with us or against us'. How droll. The main mage's questline is extremely poor, the civil war affair not much better. They need some new writers. Try harder next time Bethesda and make a full game, not one that runs out of stamina half way through. Expand
  31. Feb 12, 2012
    Overwhelming in its depth and value. Bethesda have really topped themselves: this is the best in the series so far and I never seem to have enough time to play through this fantastic game. It's a required purchase for anyone who considered themselves any kind of gamer: be prepared to be floored by the sheer depth of this game. It truly is unrivaled, even by its predecessors.
  32. Feb 11, 2012
    When I got the game for Christmas, I was definitely happy. I spent thirty hours straight playing it the next week on freetime. The storyline, graphics, and sound are great. I'm angry that people are giving it major negative reviews over how their opinion is stained with angst that is general **** It's a good game and has lots of options.
  33. Feb 11, 2012
    Ok i was expecting a great rpg but guess what it sucked was like wow except not even that fun seriusly bathesda i was hopping for a out of this world rpg but guess what you made **** you need to make a new series dammit
  34. Feb 11, 2012
    First 50 hours or so are very good but then this game flatlines very badly and becomes quite a deflating experience. Take the smithing skill for instance, great fun at first but then, along with enchanting and alchemy, it becomes part of a game-breaking triumvirate and after say level 30, the only way anyone should die is by falling off a cliff in a snowstorm.. Not long after this you'veFirst 50 hours or so are very good but then this game flatlines very badly and becomes quite a deflating experience. Take the smithing skill for instance, great fun at first but then, along with enchanting and alchemy, it becomes part of a game-breaking triumvirate and after say level 30, the only way anyone should die is by falling off a cliff in a snowstorm.. Not long after this you've probably had your fill of the 'radiant quests' (stupid name for a srupid concept) and you are almost certainly tearing your hair out after being told to clear out Fort Respawn for the 3rd time. Then comes the problem of where to put all those unused perks - hmmm do I really need a running power attack when a standing one takes care of most enemies? Do I really need prices to be lower when I've got 80,000 gold and no useful way of getting rid of it? Why the hell would I need poisons? Why should I put any perks in blocking at all? The basic shield bash seems overpowered as it is. Persuasion attempts are 30% easier? You mean you can fail them? I have several items that do what the perks do anyway. I finished the whole thieves guild line of quests without putting any perks in sneaking, lockpicking, pickpocket or speech and only lockpicking and speech got out of the 20s. I didn't even bother to try out half of the shouts some of which can only be described politely as stupidly redundant. I'll give it an 8 (barely) because it was quite engrossing for a decent amount of time. But in no way is this an overall improvement on Oblivion and I can't really see what they can do next with this series. I had much more fun playing The Dragon Knight Saga. People who give this 10 should really try to use different parts of their brain for once. Expand
  35. Feb 11, 2012
    After playing Skyrim. My view about RPG's has completely changed. The graphics were amazing. I played witcher 2 and i thought that was great but Skyrim took it to a whole new level
  36. Feb 11, 2012
    My first Elder Scrolls, this game may have some bugs, but the world is vast, of course there's gonna be bugs. This game has many things you can do kill dragons,rob houses and other things you wouldn't do IRL. My main problem is the UI, if there making a new Elder Scrolls which is very likely they should change the ui
  37. Feb 10, 2012
    A good game, with a few flaws that greatly diminish any replay value. Played a total 287 hours before i uninstalled though. Even one playthrough that hits all the major points is 60-80 hours easily, so well worth the money. First playthrough as a sneak archer finished. Second as a destro mage, quit at lvl 30 because it was beyond weak. Third 2h melee, almost completed, then just quitA good game, with a few flaws that greatly diminish any replay value. Played a total 287 hours before i uninstalled though. Even one playthrough that hits all the major points is 60-80 hours easily, so well worth the money. First playthrough as a sneak archer finished. Second as a destro mage, quit at lvl 30 because it was beyond weak. Third 2h melee, almost completed, then just quit out of boredom eventually. Once you've seen all the main quest stories once and have gotten a character to a point where it is powerful and you have all your abilities that you will ever really use, there is no point in continuing.

PROS: It's a great epic open world, and most of the main quest lines are actually pretty enjoyable (if not a bit predictable). Plenty of places to go, and really it's just fun to explore... at least at first. The world is very engrossing and entertaining despite any flaws. Personally i found the combat just fine, although others may disagree.
    CONS: The interface... the default interface and even with improved user mods is not great for pc. I didn't find it nearly as gamebreaking as some people, but there is an inherent disconnect between the keys and the mouse and which has priority on certain screens. The res of the textures isn't great and really requires a high res texture pack... after which it looks pretty great. Money has NO purpose after the very early game. On my first completion i had 300k in money and another 4-500k of stuff in my house. Following all the major quest lines doesn't really drive you to most of the minor cities. There are several i never visited even after doing all the major quest lines and finishing the main game quest. Eventually... all the tombs and ruins are just the same, gets a little tedious. Enchanting makes you an instant god once you get to 100... as does playing a sneak archer at all. If you max enchanting and blacksmithing (which there is no reason not to) you make more money than you can spend, you can buy all alchemy mats every time you are in town, and your gear will be better than anything you will ever find. Basically you can become a god at level 30 without having even left whiterun really. It makes no sense. The one exception being destruction mage which is completely broken, because at level 30 with max destruction, you can't even kill a bear without dipping into other trees and it still takes way too long. Destruction has no +damage enchants, so the damage scales incredibly poorly... in that it doesn't scale at all except for the perks in the tree which do not buff it enough. Dwarven ruins... all of them, are way too long and all look the same.
  38. Feb 10, 2012
    Guys. I would like to give a new review , sad to tell but i get bored this game after two weeks, guess my mistake i thought skyrim give me freedom and true rpg experiences together. But unfortunatelly it doesnt give. This game was made for stupid american kids mainly. And so my mistake when i was thinking of Skyrim give me similar rpg experiences than Witcher 2. The story not bad but itsGuys. I would like to give a new review , sad to tell but i get bored this game after two weeks, guess my mistake i thought skyrim give me freedom and true rpg experiences together. But unfortunatelly it doesnt give. This game was made for stupid american kids mainly. And so my mistake when i was thinking of Skyrim give me similar rpg experiences than Witcher 2. The story not bad but its like to a once watch american movie simple and easy. I really hope Bethesda will make a perfect addon but... frankly i dont believe they will...So summary it is a nice game with lot of new part compare to Oblivion but it never will compete with Witcher 2 or Dragon Age 2!!! I have to say DA2 is better rpg than Skyrim. its my opinion. sad really sad. Expand
  39. Feb 9, 2012
    a beautiful and emmersive game, but crippling bugs and accidential ( yes, accidental) exploits make it infuriating. But once you can look over that, you find a game with beautiful scenery, innumerable ( but repetetive) quests, interesting enemies, npc's with varied personalities, and several items and enchantments. while I enjoyed a few of bethesda's other releases (ie- The Elder Scrollsa beautiful and emmersive game, but crippling bugs and accidential ( yes, accidental) exploits make it infuriating. But once you can look over that, you find a game with beautiful scenery, innumerable ( but repetetive) quests, interesting enemies, npc's with varied personalities, and several items and enchantments. while I enjoyed a few of bethesda's other releases (ie- The Elder Scrolls III- morrowind, and Fallout- New Vegas) more than skyrim, it's still enthralling and charming in it's own flashy, bloody way. Expand
  40. Feb 9, 2012
    I'm extremely dissapointed by the large number of people who feel the need to explain how they feel console ports kill "gaming in their reviews of this game based upon the UI alone. Yes its different. and yes it, as is, lends itself to the gamepad very well, but its not terrible, its just different. Yes the games is missing a few key components for a mouse and keyboard player (1-10 keysI'm extremely dissapointed by the large number of people who feel the need to explain how they feel console ports kill "gaming in their reviews of this game based upon the UI alone. Yes its different. and yes it, as is, lends itself to the gamepad very well, but its not terrible, its just different. Yes the games is missing a few key components for a mouse and keyboard player (1-10 keys Bethesda... c'mon) but nothing that would be considered a deal breaker. The graphics are not as people say less impressive than the HD texture pack for oblivion, it probably just seems like it to them because they can run oblivion on ultra and the sheer magnitude of shadows and moving plant-life in skyrim is probably more than teir pcs can handle. The main story line is decent, not spectacular (just like every other Elder Scrolls game), but the various in game guilds have excellent story lines to them, seeing as the two take up a similar amount of gameplay, i personally feel that this balances out. I bought the game release day and have never experienced a single crash (all settings maxed out) but i have had a few grapical bugs, usually involving entering towns, that were fixed upon reloading my previous save so yet again, i have a feeling that a lot of these negative reviews based upon graphics and crashes were people playing on inferior systems or with outdated drivers who tried to over-reach what settings they're capable of playing this game on. Expand
  41. Feb 9, 2012
    Amazing landscapes even though the textures may be blurry. It's incredibly fun to explore. Huge variety of quests. Dragons look and feel real. Awesome game.
  42. Feb 9, 2012
    After playing Skyrim and reading most reviews i found the scores were too high. Graphically its very good as is the control system. The storyline is very good with the element of choice having an effect on what happens next really makes the game play stand out. All great but its full of bugs like i have not seen in a while just looking at other sources for the game its apparent thatAfter playing Skyrim and reading most reviews i found the scores were too high. Graphically its very good as is the control system. The storyline is very good with the element of choice having an effect on what happens next really makes the game play stand out. All great but its full of bugs like i have not seen in a while just looking at other sources for the game its apparent that there are loads of them as well which is killing the game play. A good game that could have been the best ever but spoilt by bug issues which seem common but with no updates to sort out. Expand
  43. Feb 9, 2012
    Skyrim is a great game, but has some flaws... that type of annoying flaw who make you angry very fast! The game is very deeply, and has a ton of pros, but the combat system is way too boring, and having fun is the main objective of a game, so, for me, is a dangerous flaw to a game.
  44. Feb 8, 2012
    Solid 8 and heres why: Beautiful environments, huge chioce of gameplay(currently playing a psychopath who kills EVERYBODY he meets), mediocre story, bad AI, BUGGY AS HELL, but still one of the best games iIve played this year and exactly what i wanted in the game. It really shows that for all branching storylines, tonnes of companion quests and multiple endings in other games they willSolid 8 and heres why: Beautiful environments, huge chioce of gameplay(currently playing a psychopath who kills EVERYBODY he meets), mediocre story, bad AI, BUGGY AS HELL, but still one of the best games iIve played this year and exactly what i wanted in the game. It really shows that for all branching storylines, tonnes of companion quests and multiple endings in other games they will never feel as open as this game that doesn't make you play the story, that doesn't(except rarely) force you to interact in a certain way with characters...

Only a 9 cos assasins guild quest is a bit boring and lydia kept running into me and pushing me off ledges...
  45. Feb 8, 2012
    Oblivion with a bland leveling system and awe inspiring graphics. Plagued with bugs as well (at least they are patching them up).
    The world is beautiful without a doubt, but is the game fun after 10 hours? Do you get any sense of accomplishment from leveling/molding your avatar? Nope. How this game got a 10/10 just about everywhere is just beyond me. There must be something about dragons and putting buckets over npc heads that makes critics go nuts with glee.
  46. Feb 7, 2012
    Yes the game has its flaws, humans have their flaws everything does. But those flaws do nothing to affect this game. Know this, this isn't a game because what it does to you is unlike any game or movie. Skyrim is in a category of its own. It is hands down the best not only game, but adventure and experience you can live in your life. It will absolutely blow you away, if you ever caredYes the game has its flaws, humans have their flaws everything does. But those flaws do nothing to affect this game. Know this, this isn't a game because what it does to you is unlike any game or movie. Skyrim is in a category of its own. It is hands down the best not only game, but adventure and experience you can live in your life. It will absolutely blow you away, if you ever cared about being happy, dreaming of a different world, escaping reality into a realm of your own, this is the closest thing to being in the Matrix. If you absorb you, it will change you and it will please your every sense. The immersion factor is truly incredible, no medium can take you to another world as much a gaming machine with this software running. A parallel universe you will never want to return from. An absolute gem and must play for everyone. Perfect 10/10 Expand
  47. Feb 6, 2012
    Its hard to say things about this game, there is some much to say. Its a masterpiece! What makes the game even better on PC is the Creation Kit, and of course the modding community. Giving this game over 60 hours of time, possibly over 100. If I could complain about anything it would be the animations, textures, and bugs (The first two can be fixed with mods of course) and bugs have beenIts hard to say things about this game, there is some much to say. Its a masterpiece! What makes the game even better on PC is the Creation Kit, and of course the modding community. Giving this game over 60 hours of time, possibly over 100. If I could complain about anything it would be the animations, textures, and bugs (The first two can be fixed with mods of course) and bugs have been getting patched. This is an awesome game. Expand
  48. Feb 6, 2012
    Just an overrated game. The old graphic engine unfortunately is not the worst feature: AI is 15 years old and the level of challenge of this game is zero. In fact enemies can't do anything else except to run to you in straight line, eventually throwing arrows or spells which are too easy to dodge. The easiest and worst adventure against decrepit zombies NPCs I've ever played.
  49. Feb 6, 2012
    This review gives a different take on the bugs, glitches, and mishaps associated with the PC version of Skyrim. Many people are complaining about the lack of PC optimization, in addition to things like the UI clearly being only ideal for console users and textures not being high-res enough. While it is very unfortunate that this is the case (the game was not designed ideally for PC), whatThis review gives a different take on the bugs, glitches, and mishaps associated with the PC version of Skyrim. Many people are complaining about the lack of PC optimization, in addition to things like the UI clearly being only ideal for console users and textures not being high-res enough. While it is very unfortunate that this is the case (the game was not designed ideally for PC), what is fortunate is that Bethesda had the logic to give us OFFICIAL MOD SUPPORT for PC. Don't like the UI? Download a mod that changes it. Don't like the low-res textures? I've already downloaded over 3GB of higher res textures. Don't like the optimization? It gets better with each and every patch. While the PC version is not perfect, it's surely good enough for a 9/10 rating. Expand
  50. Feb 6, 2012
    I didn't play a worse game. This game is totally stupid, overhyped and bad graphics. I've played it only 1 and half an hour, but this game makes me fockin' sick. Just delete this stupid game from the world.
  51. Feb 5, 2012
    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an open-world WRPG with many weaknesses and only one real strength. The combat is uninspired and dissatisfying, the voice acting could use much more variety, the enemies could have been more diverse, and the main story could have had better presentation, but the one real strength about Skyrim is its longevity. The amount of quests in this game is enormous and theElder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an open-world WRPG with many weaknesses and only one real strength. The combat is uninspired and dissatisfying, the voice acting could use much more variety, the enemies could have been more diverse, and the main story could have had better presentation, but the one real strength about Skyrim is its longevity. The amount of quests in this game is enormous and the world is massive. There is always something to do in Skyrim during and well past the main quest line. Exploring the entire world of Skyrim is a great feat of its own, and clearing every quest in the game should easily net the determined player well over 200 hours. If you can get past Skyrimâ Expand
  52. Feb 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Skyrim is a great game at first, but this first look makes a big impression. The story lines were very dramatic and exciting. But after playing the game a while you get bored as the dungeons are repetitive and possibly were chosen from a random generator, as everything seems the same. The game is one of those "gets boring after a while" games. Not only that, but I did not like the AI of NPCs and enemies. Dragons get to be very easy. But if you are committed and play it well, it can reward you with a good experience. The graphics were pristine. The controls were comfortable and easily adaptable. The PC commands provide a steady flow of entertainment, and that's what I think makes this game best on PC. Expand
  53. Feb 5, 2012
    This Game.. Epic.
    Just.. Look at all the ways you can actually play it. Side missions, Almost better than the main mission.
    a really good version of its predecesor Oblivion. But with more ways to play it and more interesting quests.
    I have played only Oblivion and Skyrim. So i unfortunatly i cant compare it to anithing exept oblivion.

Final Though- A great freking game
  54. Feb 4, 2012
    When i finished Oblivion i had very high expectations for Skyrim, congratulations Bethesda you did it again, an astonishing game! Cant wait to play another.
  55. Feb 4, 2012
    One of the most addicting games I've ever played. It's a beautiful, vast open world, filled with hundreds of things to do. You can lose hours upon hours on just exploring the world and looking at it's breathtaking scenery. The combat mechanisms are good enough to give it a right feeling. There's room for multiple playthroughs as it's impossible to go thru all of the content in just oneOne of the most addicting games I've ever played. It's a beautiful, vast open world, filled with hundreds of things to do. You can lose hours upon hours on just exploring the world and looking at it's breathtaking scenery. The combat mechanisms are good enough to give it a right feeling. There's room for multiple playthroughs as it's impossible to go thru all of the content in just one playthrough. By far superior to Oblivion.

What's there to improve then? Most of the quests are really linear. The AI is stupid at times in combat. Some of the perks are useless, like the lockpicking perk tree. Nearly every spell is more or less directly connected to combat, we could use spells like open locks which don't relate so much to combat. Luckily for pc users the mods corrects a lot of flaws found in the game. Skyrim is a wonderful game, but even then I wouldn't play it without mods once I've tried them.
  56. Feb 3, 2012
    Man, was I wrong when I gave this game 8 points. It's not what I thought it is. I have played tones of hours just by assuming it should get better but it never did. I will never buy Bethesda game again until they start to innovate and make more story driven games! Because Skyrim is Big Empty world full of same characters with same crappy lines. Main quest is joke as many others. No matterMan, was I wrong when I gave this game 8 points. It's not what I thought it is. I have played tones of hours just by assuming it should get better but it never did. I will never buy Bethesda game again until they start to innovate and make more story driven games! Because Skyrim is Big Empty world full of same characters with same crappy lines. Main quest is joke as many others. No matter what you do you never feel the difference in outcome. Very dull game!!!!! I regret that I spend 60 dollars on it. Expand
  57. Feb 3, 2012
    I've put in 206 hours into this game so far according to Steam and have loved every minute of it. The game isn't perfect, I admit... Finishing the Dark Brotherhood quest line too early will break the Butcher quest and prevent you from buying the Windhelm home for example. But bugs and all I love how open the world is and cannot wait to get the editor to make my own content when itI've put in 206 hours into this game so far according to Steam and have loved every minute of it. The game isn't perfect, I admit... Finishing the Dark Brotherhood quest line too early will break the Butcher quest and prevent you from buying the Windhelm home for example. But bugs and all I love how open the world is and cannot wait to get the editor to make my own content when it comes out Feb 7th! Expand
  58. Feb 3, 2012
    What can I add to the mountains of praise this has already received? The Elder Scrolls series delivers once again, with Skyrim being the best so far. I was unable to give it a solid 10 due to some bugs though, but these are minor and easily looked past.
  59. Feb 2, 2012
    This is a very in-depth game, that is very deep and very long. The world looks amazing and the conversations are very interesting. Gameplay is rather simple, in that you can choose to do whatever you want in the world of Skyrim. The game gets a little repetitive at times, but only after playing a good 20-30 hrs of it. There are occasional glitches that may annoy you, but overall it is aThis is a very in-depth game, that is very deep and very long. The world looks amazing and the conversations are very interesting. Gameplay is rather simple, in that you can choose to do whatever you want in the world of Skyrim. The game gets a little repetitive at times, but only after playing a good 20-30 hrs of it. There are occasional glitches that may annoy you, but overall it is a very good game. I've never played Oblivion or any of the other games in the series though. I tried playing morrowind but got sick of it after 10 minutes of playing. This game was much easier to get into. Expand
  60. Feb 1, 2012
    Man, you orctowngrot said every thing. This game start amazing, became great, then very good, then good, then ok, then mediocre, and finaly get boring. There's no challenge after you reach level 40. I'm level 46 and just kill everything without effort; dragons, bandits, trolls, falmers, elves, orcs, nords, mages. The quests get boring. The gameplay it's repetitive. In the end, you justMan, you orctowngrot said every thing. This game start amazing, became great, then very good, then good, then ok, then mediocre, and finaly get boring. There's no challenge after you reach level 40. I'm level 46 and just kill everything without effort; dragons, bandits, trolls, falmers, elves, orcs, nords, mages. The quests get boring. The gameplay it's repetitive. In the end, you just don't want play it anymore. Just get tired. Expand
  61. Feb 1, 2012
    This isn't only the best RPG I've ever played, it's one of the best games I've played per se! Bethesda have honed the gameplay since it's forerunner Oblivion and implemented loads of new ideas which have obviously been suggested by Oblivion players and fans of the series. Gameplay is riveting and eats away at your sleeping time; it's so hard to pull yourself away from, you won't want to goThis isn't only the best RPG I've ever played, it's one of the best games I've played per se! Bethesda have honed the gameplay since it's forerunner Oblivion and implemented loads of new ideas which have obviously been suggested by Oblivion players and fans of the series. Gameplay is riveting and eats away at your sleeping time; it's so hard to pull yourself away from, you won't want to go to bed! This game offers months of engrossing gameplay which is hard to fault. My only criticisms are cosmetic. It has console style graphics, although the PC version is much better to look at on high end machines. It would have been so much more stunning to look at if it had the graphics of something like Battlefield 3, but the graphics do still impress with it's weather effects like the snow as you get higher up mountains and in colder areas of the environment. The little touches like the rabbits, goats and other wildlife which run off as you and the various enemies approach them, really give the feel of a living and breathing world. Also, the characters faces, which are a big improvement over the ones seen in Oblivion, are still a long way off from those seen in the likes of LA Noir for example. Still, this is a must have game for anybody into video games and even if you don't normally like RPG's, this still won't fail to impress. A stunning achievement from Bethesda and I for one can't wait to see where they go from here. Although a sequel is a long way off, the DLC will be hotly anticipated and much sought after, as will the best of the many user made mods which have already started appearing.
    This game is an undoubted all time classic!
  62. Feb 1, 2012
    Well, I'll start from the worst traits of this good RPG. First of all: enemies adapt their level to your own. Well, for newcomers of RPG it sounds great, but it's really disappointing for those seeking a REAL RPG. You can finish the game at level 67 (as I did) or you can at 17. Let's go on. Perks ! These are the new way Bethesda choose to align TES new chapter to all other MMORPGS outtaWell, I'll start from the worst traits of this good RPG. First of all: enemies adapt their level to your own. Well, for newcomers of RPG it sounds great, but it's really disappointing for those seeking a REAL RPG. You can finish the game at level 67 (as I did) or you can at 17. Let's go on. Perks ! These are the new way Bethesda choose to align TES new chapter to all other MMORPGS outta there. But why they did such a bad work? Some traits are useless. Some traits at 100 points are overridden by enchanted items, irritating to discover when you can't reassign perks in any way ! Oh, there's another thing about traits. You'll need only about 20-30 of them to become nearly unstoppable. Last chapter: crafting. Crafting is good, but in TES: Skyrim it is so overpowered that you'll never need anything more than what you can craft with materials bought from merchants. So it's frustrating to put your own hands on a Daedric artifact and discovering that it's far from being even nearly comparable to your crafted and enchanted sword. Dragon Shouts: well, they give the game the right folklore. But in real game you'll use only 3-4 of them. The others are there only to feed your hungry for hoarding items/skills/Dragon shouts.
    So Skyrim is a bad game? Isn't it worth the bucks spent? Well, I say that it's a good game. But while I played it for 183 hours at first It was nearly impossible for me to hit the ESC-key and return to the desktop. At the end it was too easy to do. The story becomes so confused if you are to follow every dumb request of side-quests that NPC's give you. And in the end the main plot isn't that good you would expect from a single-player RPG.
    I give this game a 7 because it is OVER ALL a good game. You'll enjoy roaming in Skyrim, hunting beasts, backstabbing enemies, incinerate enemies and fight dragons. In the end probably you'll find a dragon attack as something boring at most or a quick-fight just to allow you to quick-travel to your destination.
    I hope the expansion will fix some of these problems. And I hope that Bethesda will CHANGE PERKS to give player a REAL interest in climbing the tree to the top perk. Near the end of the game I shifted my mage in assassin just with 6 perks...
  63. Feb 1, 2012
    Excellent game, good storyline, and interesting levelling system. This is what I was expecting from skyrim. The graphics it points where mindblowing, saying that I was playing the game with the graphics maxed out on ultra setting on my pc. Beautiful game that makes you want to just explore, its like a world in itself. Now the disappointing part, the storyline compared to previous elderExcellent game, good storyline, and interesting levelling system. This is what I was expecting from skyrim. The graphics it points where mindblowing, saying that I was playing the game with the graphics maxed out on ultra setting on my pc. Beautiful game that makes you want to just explore, its like a world in itself. Now the disappointing part, the storyline compared to previous elder scroll games was a little weak, I didnt feel as if I had a real urgency to go out there and save the world. For example in oblivion you felt important and there was a real sense of urgency in what you had to do within the game, skyrim was missing this piece of magic. I also felt the levelling system was dummed down and extremely disappointing compared to previous elder scroll games.

All in all a game well worth playing. Ime on my second playthrough just now. Bit of advice, play this on a gaming machine on ultra settings if possible. I done my first playthrough on the xbox 360 and am now playing my second run on my pc. This game is MUCHHHH better on pc.
  64. Feb 1, 2012
    This game is highly over-rated. Most suitable comparison would be saying that this game industry's Avatar (film). Impressive graphically at first, but once you see it clearly, it has a boring story, full of clichés and overall, not interesting enough. It has a great amount of items and weapons, but you won't need 80% of them because most of them are just useless. Quest becomeThis game is highly over-rated. Most suitable comparison would be saying that this game industry's Avatar (film). Impressive graphically at first, but once you see it clearly, it has a boring story, full of clichés and overall, not interesting enough. It has a great amount of items and weapons, but you won't need 80% of them because most of them are just useless. Quest become way too repetitive quickly, specially because most of them are just a copy & paste with different names and places, and besides, some skills make them too easy to complete. Main story itself isn't very interesting or original, and the fact that some side-quests may delay your progress in the main-quest makes it quite annoying. Enemies are poorly designed and there isn't enough variety of them for such a huge world. It may give you a few hours of entertainment, but unless for some strange reason you are like addicted to it, it will be hard for you to go further than 50% of the game, because by then you have noticed how repetitive it is. If you manage to complete 100% of the main quest, you won't really get a real reason to complete side-quests left, and that if you didn't accidentally ruined them by killing someone or doing something you shouldn't. The good: It has quite nice graphics, a huge world to explore and, if for some reason you actually like this game, you have a huge amount of things to do. The bad: Way too bugged (PC version got some of them solved by FANS even before they were officially solved), repetitive as hell, after main-quest is completed you have no real reason to keep playing, too many useless quests and items. Expand
  65. Jan 29, 2012
    Funny how some people played this for like an hour and thought it did not live up to and exceed its previous games. Fools... This game is unreal if you played for more than a few hours and set your hot keys. There are mods for ore etc the game is fantastic. I have waited for it for a long time. Thinking I was only going to be let down with so much anticipation of it being great. NotFunny how some people played this for like an hour and thought it did not live up to and exceed its previous games. Fools... This game is unreal if you played for more than a few hours and set your hot keys. There are mods for ore etc the game is fantastic. I have waited for it for a long time. Thinking I was only going to be let down with so much anticipation of it being great. Not only is it great it has exceeded my expectations. If you liked any of the previous Elder scrolls then you will love this game period no matter what anyone on here says that is negative you will get pulled into this game and love it. Expand
  66. Jan 28, 2012
    I don't really understand all this fuss about Skyrim. Sure, it's not a bad game, its world is very large, you get a lot of choices, but that's about all. Almost all the quest and dungeons are quite average and repetitive. There are BUGS, loads of them, even ones that brake the main quest. Graphics? Meh. Some textures look downright ugly. The inventory is ridiculous. And the "care" forI don't really understand all this fuss about Skyrim. Sure, it's not a bad game, its world is very large, you get a lot of choices, but that's about all. Almost all the quest and dungeons are quite average and repetitive. There are BUGS, loads of them, even ones that brake the main quest. Graphics? Meh. Some textures look downright ugly. The inventory is ridiculous. And the "care" for paying customers of Bethesda is really "wonderful". I just don't know how anyone can say that Skyrim is the best game of all time and stuff like that. TES series is unique for its huge open world concept, but the amount of bugs and mistakes should not be overlooked anyway. Expand
  67. Jan 26, 2012
    Very good game as good as they come , yes it could be even better if they flushed out the quests a little more and added some better loot and made some more coherent connections between completing a guild quest and the main quest but this is about as good as it gets and far better than all of the competition out there .
  68. Jan 26, 2012
    I have played the game all the way through, meaning the main story and all of the listed quests. My character is a 52 level Rogue, with maximum skills in stealth, lockpick, pickpocket, enchanting, blacksmithing and one handed combat. I have also replayed the game as a mage. The mage is much less satisfying. The spells are pretty lame. I do far more damage as a rogue with back stab.I have played the game all the way through, meaning the main story and all of the listed quests. My character is a 52 level Rogue, with maximum skills in stealth, lockpick, pickpocket, enchanting, blacksmithing and one handed combat. I have also replayed the game as a mage. The mage is much less satisfying. The spells are pretty lame. I do far more damage as a rogue with back stab. The game the first time was a lot of fun and it is worth getting. Replay-ability is not very high. While there is a lot to do there is not much variability in how it gets done. My favorite game from a replay-ability point of view has to be Dragon Age Origins. Must have replayed 20 times. Played all the races, genders and combat styles. Plus managing the group added an extra dimension. So, while Skyrim is a very good game the first time through don't expect to get much out if the second time around. Expand
  69. Jan 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game absorbed me for 2-3 weeks, then my interest fell off a cliff. I've been away for a month and half or so now and thought I should try it again but instead I'm writing this review. I've been trying to think what went wrong for me with Skyrim and still have trouble putting it in to a coherent explanation. I know my interest collapsed within a day or so of my encounter with the thieves guild. I arrived in that town and was told by about everyone how bad the thieves guild was. So being the do-gooder, sociopath that I am, I set out to find and destroy the guild. Things went well at first. I found the sewers and fought my way through several maps to arrive at the guild's underground bar/base. I backed up, summoned my elemental, positioned my tank companion, and then started raining in glorious aoe nukes. At this point what I had been deluding myself was an open-world sandbox rpg revealed itself to be just another tracked, console port--the thieves guild leadership (the terrible folks terrorizing the whole town) are immortal, unkillable npcs. The next day I came upon an imperial general standing in a field. Being a rebel at war with the imperials, I tried to kill him. Again, no dice--plot essential immortal.

Obviously, not being able to kill a few folks can't be the full explanation for my loss of interest, but I think it is symptomatic of a game that while beautiful and immense, upon closer inspection fails to deliver on the depth that it promises. Oh, and the melee combat is unresponsive and bleh.

rep'd my arriving in the town with the th
  70. Jan 25, 2012
    Although the game was released a little prematurely IMO, Skyrim has a great onset of adventure and escape to it. The restrictive feeling of faction intervention into the player's destiny seems to be jammed in there, so it's not what i expected as far as that goes, though that does lend to the feeling of escape i mentioned. Though glitches were expected with the first release, i got theAlthough the game was released a little prematurely IMO, Skyrim has a great onset of adventure and escape to it. The restrictive feeling of faction intervention into the player's destiny seems to be jammed in there, so it's not what i expected as far as that goes, though that does lend to the feeling of escape i mentioned. Though glitches were expected with the first release, i got the feeling that glitches only increased after the first patch. Add to that some game breaking elements and this game avoids getting a 10 for it's lack of relevant bug fixing. Without getting too "professional" et IGN who's sole purpose seems to be to shut out the community for which these games meet their demand, i can say that this game exceeds my expectations, especially if the Skyrim Creation Kit pulls through as expected or on par with Oblivion's Modding Tools. I can see where the frustration comes in when gameplay is mentioned, though it is innovative and fascinating to plow through combat. The main issue i have is that the game seems to be comping elements from other popular games. And while a sprint function is something TES needs IMO, i wouldn't rip off other elements of unreal's restrictive gameplay style by limiting the overall customization of the game (ending with skills being horrendously wittled down). Overall this game is great for it's par, but the engine could be used to a much better purpose than a restrictive and more beautiful version of oblivion. This is not to demean the developers in any way, but where Oblivion excelled was it's innovation and preservation of the things that made morrowind and the other games so great. Skyrim takes all of that and tries to run with the skeleton. Expand
  71. Jan 24, 2012
    I won't waste a lot of time repeating what's been said. I love open end games that take a lifetime to fully explore. However, one thing I absolutely despise are the "run around" quests in games that are basically there just to keep the player in the game so they can make claims that it takes x amount of hours to complete. Skyrim if full of these. Gets old real fast.
  72. Jan 24, 2012
    Overall, it's your typical RPG. At first it's fun and exciting, but if you're not one to intently follow a story line, and just like to run around killing stuff and trying to level as fast as you can, than it's pointless to play this game really. The storyline, however, is fantastic, and the gameplay itself is really great.
  73. Jan 23, 2012
    Ok first thing to tell you is that I have finished this game, all the major quest lines and am starting my second play thru, this time as a mage, rather than melee shield combo. This is a very good game, with some pretty major irritants. Ok, what's good, the main quest lines are well done, the world is huge and looks pretty good (thanks to mods) it has that "just one more quest" feelingOk first thing to tell you is that I have finished this game, all the major quest lines and am starting my second play thru, this time as a mage, rather than melee shield combo. This is a very good game, with some pretty major irritants. Ok, what's good, the main quest lines are well done, the world is huge and looks pretty good (thanks to mods) it has that "just one more quest" feeling that will keep you up to 2am and mods add to it all the time, lightsabres? yes please. Ok, so what is not good, too many draughar, are those the only enemies? it seems like it too often. Too many bandits, I would have liked much more enemy variety. Loot, any stuff you find is generally only useful at low levels, even the Daedric artifacts and unique items are no good, you can craft better items yourself. You basically collect money to no good purpose as all I ever bought were crafting supplies. The townsfolk, bethesda seem to have hired 4 voice actors for the whole game, James Hetfield, another guy, a norwegian female and another woman, that's it. And they all spout the same line again and again "EVERYTHING'S for sale!" etc
    People don't look great but mods help this. I also HATED that they'd dumbed down the RPG element of the game by removing stats and streamlining skills. Anyway, I will probably play it thru again, so it must be good, but it could have been better!
  74. Jan 23, 2012
    Its like Fallout but with magic, more epic environments and landscapes, improved graphics, amazing soundtracks, huge world to explore, etc. Fallout is epic as well, but this game goes beyond that.
    Everything that is good, this game has it!!
    Everything that is good, this game has it!!

Except for the freaking spiders which has become a nightmare for me. Yes, i'm arachnophobic. I know that there are mods to replace it but i'm a bit lazy at the moment. :|
  75. Jan 22, 2012
    At first I was very sceptical about the graphical design and character animations of this title but the immersion that this vivid worlds offers is unprecedented! You don't enter a location after a loading screen, you don't switch from jungle to icy mountain tops in seconds. You have to move your ass out of the house that you've just bought, mount your stolen horse and ride, ride and ride.At first I was very sceptical about the graphical design and character animations of this title but the immersion that this vivid worlds offers is unprecedented! You don't enter a location after a loading screen, you don't switch from jungle to icy mountain tops in seconds. You have to move your ass out of the house that you've just bought, mount your stolen horse and ride, ride and ride. The weather will change and you'll meet some bandits along the road but after a while you'll reach the windy sanctuary. The feeling is GREAT! Expand
  76. Jan 21, 2012
    I find it hard to review this game. If I were to be legitimately honest and give my true opinions on this game I would upset a great many people that would see this. Do I hate this game? No, it is one of my top 5 games of 2011 but then again, there were only 7 or 8 games that i actually enjoyed of this year.

Probably the thing that pisses me off the most about this game is the way in

Probably the thing that pisses me off the most about this game is the way in which the story is told. The story is the same story we have seen in every RPG ever created, and if you really think about it. Itâ
  77. Jan 21, 2012
    This game is top of the line material, most negative comments are just from people who hate everything and think they could do better. Sure, Skyrim might have bugs here and there, but compared to most games, the gameplay is unbeatable! I mean, it offers an open-world, with tons of characters and personalities, and hundreds of quests! Only a few games can offer that! And of course mods makeThis game is top of the line material, most negative comments are just from people who hate everything and think they could do better. Sure, Skyrim might have bugs here and there, but compared to most games, the gameplay is unbeatable! I mean, it offers an open-world, with tons of characters and personalities, and hundreds of quests! Only a few games can offer that! And of course mods make games more fun, but they aren't better than Bethesda! They could do more work to make the game as awesome as it could be, but who wants to wait like 2 decades for a game? That's why they leave the rest to modders to complete the game. So if your just a little complainer saying that just one little bug here and there makes everything that Bethesda put into this game suck, then gtfo and complain somewhere else. Expand
  78. Jan 21, 2012
    The best game I have played in a very very long time. The key to playing this game is to not just go thru the main storyline as fast as you can. Enjoy the beautiful landscape, dungeons/caves and faction quests. I would recommend this to any gamer.
  79. Jan 21, 2012
    Others seem to have had a much better time with it than I have. As for me I've run into a few game breaking bugs that not even console commands or regular saving could fix. One reason I got Skyrim for PC was to be able to avoid some issues like this. I also find it too combat oriented at times, even forcibly so. Some enemies are scripted to find you which can leave characters relying onOthers seem to have had a much better time with it than I have. As for me I've run into a few game breaking bugs that not even console commands or regular saving could fix. One reason I got Skyrim for PC was to be able to avoid some issues like this. I also find it too combat oriented at times, even forcibly so. Some enemies are scripted to find you which can leave characters relying on sneak or those not focused in combat in trouble. This can leave using console commands, lowering difficulty, or using tactics the AI can't put up a fight against to deal with the problem which I'd consider a design flaw. While not having enemies level with you like in Oblivion was a step in the right direction, if they're 20 levels above you, able to instantly get a killing animation if they get close enough, and running across all of Skyrim to hunt you down then needless to say it can be problematic. And people saying,"You just need to level up more," should understand that a game forcing you to play a certain way loses the definition of being open world, sandbox, or nonlinear. A game like this shouldn't be a race to grind levels. This might have been a string of bad luck for my first few characters, 4 or 5 I felt I had to delete for this reason or the previous one. Graphics aren't as refined as expected. Shadows are blocky unless on a higher end gaming PC or ini settings are adjusted, but the later results in a performance hit. Antialiasing and lighting conflict, giving a lighted or colored outline to characters in certain areas. Without mods I consider a character using Archery, and this goes for some magic skills also, as unplayable with the auto-aim Bethesda saw fit to put in. Otherwise in my opinion, many other features have been mixed to me. Getting rid of stats, the classless leveling system, removing or combining skills, Fallout lockpicking, new use of speech, removed birthsigns to name a few. I can see both good and bad things out of each. Dual wielding is a plus, but not being able to block when doing so is senseless. Dual casting can be exciting for new ways to play. Expand
  80. Jan 21, 2012
    Before playing Skyrim you must accept the fact that Elder Scrolls games... or Bethesda RPG's in general have tendencies to be terribly glitchy and well un-organised. Skyrim, reasons you are so great: Great graphics/models/views/effects, great combat (decapitating people casually), great array of weapons armour and crafting, great bunch of characters, a good adventurer experience.
  81. Jan 21, 2012
    Skyrim is the best RPG game of 2011 year. If you like RPG games you should play it. However it is "best" not because it is perfect, but mostly because there are no alternatives (not much RPG games in 2011 year). What's GOOD: Huge world to explore, nice graphics. What's BAD: Combat system, main character development, game physics, AI, ambient sound, minimal player's influence on game world.Skyrim is the best RPG game of 2011 year. If you like RPG games you should play it. However it is "best" not because it is perfect, but mostly because there are no alternatives (not much RPG games in 2011 year). What's GOOD: Huge world to explore, nice graphics. What's BAD: Combat system, main character development, game physics, AI, ambient sound, minimal player's influence on game world. The game fails in the RPG's core principle - character development. Take for example Diablo 2, I had to start playing Diablo 2 from scratch like 10 times, because at some point I was unable to progress further because my character build - suck.Or take as example WOW, where your build and equipment is crucial for game success. This is not the case for Skyrim. Combat system and physics are very disappointing, for example you are holding a huge heavy mace, and swing at your opponent with it, what you would probably expect is something like Sauron from Lord of the rings when he kicks ass with his mace, and enemies flying miles away, in Skyrim however your enemy will stand like it was, it will not fall, nor it will show any sign that you hit him. In general the game lacks physics, except for collision detection, and gravity, and even it fails often. The game AI is dumb, enemies will simply attack you (run to you or do range attacks(bow, magic)), Don't expect NPCs to attack in groups, heal each other, retreat. Your influence on the game world, is very limited. You can exterminate whole city, no one cares, nothing will change. Due to those facts the game reminds a world viewer application, and most likely you will become quickly bored after 40-60 hours of wandering and admiring nature. And still you should play this game to mark a check box that you did it, and forget about it for an year, then give it a try again ("maybe it's not so bad and I can find something worth in it") play it for 2-3 days and tell yourself "Nah it's a boring crap", throw it away and go play some fun MMORPG with your friends. Expand
  82. Jan 20, 2012
    I wish I could give this game a 9.9 - there were a few bugs, one of which absolutely destroyed my first playthrough, so a "perfect 10" is overstating things ... VERY SLIGHTLY. But otherwise? Gorgeous landscapes, an intuitive interface, a wonderfully adaptive system that can handle almost any conceivable play style ... and oh, so very very many things to go out and DO. If you buy onlyI wish I could give this game a 9.9 - there were a few bugs, one of which absolutely destroyed my first playthrough, so a "perfect 10" is overstating things ... VERY SLIGHTLY. But otherwise? Gorgeous landscapes, an intuitive interface, a wonderfully adaptive system that can handle almost any conceivable play style ... and oh, so very very many things to go out and DO. If you buy only one game this year? Make it Skyrim!! Expand
  83. Jan 20, 2012
    Bethesda you've out done yourself once again! Few bugs here and there but what game doesn't release with bugs these days? As the games get more complex things are bound to go wrong, but nothing could stop me loving this title :) Top graphics, incredible immersion (I always forget about the time playing this), and a story that is unsurpassed by any other game for choice and depth. 10/10Bethesda you've out done yourself once again! Few bugs here and there but what game doesn't release with bugs these days? As the games get more complex things are bound to go wrong, but nothing could stop me loving this title :) Top graphics, incredible immersion (I always forget about the time playing this), and a story that is unsurpassed by any other game for choice and depth. 10/10 without question. Expand
  84. Jan 20, 2012
    This is my second review of this game because it's worth it. For those of you out there who like to rush through games, then maybe you'll find Skyrim to be too short for your liking; however, this is NOT the reason Bethesda makes their Elder Scrolls games. Like Morrowind and Oblivion before it, Skyrim allows you to sit back and explore an amazing world full of side quests andThis is my second review of this game because it's worth it. For those of you out there who like to rush through games, then maybe you'll find Skyrim to be too short for your liking; however, this is NOT the reason Bethesda makes their Elder Scrolls games. Like Morrowind and Oblivion before it, Skyrim allows you to sit back and explore an amazing world full of side quests and adventures. It's simply a beautiful game in every aspect and is the best in the Elder Scrolls series to date. I have been a fan of since Morrowind and will continue to purchase Elder Scrolls titles as they are released. Sure there are glitches in the game which Bethesda will fix and the menu navigation could be better, but all in all a great gaming experience. I can't wait for upcoming expansions :) Expand
  85. Jan 20, 2012
    With Oblivion, I preordered the limited edition. This time, because of my experiences with Oblivion, I was not going to make the same mistake again. And boy am I happy I didn't. One might think they would learn from their last game. Instead, they made it even worse! Full of bugs, underwhelming graphics (especially if you've played Witcher 2 just a bit before - sure, you don't have an openWith Oblivion, I preordered the limited edition. This time, because of my experiences with Oblivion, I was not going to make the same mistake again. And boy am I happy I didn't. One might think they would learn from their last game. Instead, they made it even worse! Full of bugs, underwhelming graphics (especially if you've played Witcher 2 just a bit before - sure, you don't have an open world there but still... the difference is GIGANTIC! and because of texture mods and ini mods and whatnot, people know that bethesda could have done more... instead they let their fans do the work) and the leveling system which is supposed to accommodate any play style (although... didn't they say that about Oblivion already?) is about as screwed up as in Oblivion.
    When Skyrim was first announced, I told my friends I would wait for about a year after release before I will play it. But because of all the mods that are already released and very popular, I figured it might be time already. No it isn't. And with things as screwed up as they are in Skyrim, I wonder whether it ever will be.
  86. Jan 20, 2012
    A fun game with lots of things to do. However, the world doesn't feel very immersive mainly due to the ai. People you just spoke with will forget you in an instant and tell you something generic, such as they took an arrow to the knee or that you shouldn't steal from them. Combat is dull and ultimately depends on the number of health potions you've brought or the level of your stats. FastA fun game with lots of things to do. However, the world doesn't feel very immersive mainly due to the ai. People you just spoke with will forget you in an instant and tell you something generic, such as they took an arrow to the knee or that you shouldn't steal from them. Combat is dull and ultimately depends on the number of health potions you've brought or the level of your stats. Fast travel removes the excitement of exploration, but traveling is ineffective if you don't use it. Dispite having the choice of compainions, the world feels really lonely and there isn't really any characters with a lot of personality (especially guards). It still gets a 8 out of 10 because of the sheer amount of content. Expand
  87. Jan 19, 2012
    Besides a few glitches that don't usually alter the main experience to much, skyrim is the best RPG I have ever played combining all the good things of The Elder Scrolls Series.
  88. Jan 19, 2012
    Simply put, Skyrim is fun. There is a lot to do and a lot to explore. Eventually the quests get boring (with a few bursts of excitement I suppose) and you lose interest, mainly because of how long the game is. I found myself eventually just wanting to roam the world trying to find caves or treasures, ignoring all the quests.
    Skyrim is a pretty place. Very detailed and huge. With scary
    Skyrim is a pretty place. Very detailed and huge. With scary creatures and boring people in it.
  89. Jan 19, 2012
    LOLS all i see here is people putting 0 because there computers are **** and people putting 10 because there computers are. This game is unbelievable and was not a let down(unless you were expecting the most amazing pile of awesomeness). This game is what it was meant to be. CHOICE!
  90. Jan 18, 2012
    with 212 hours spent on this game (2 playthroughs) its gonna be pretty obvious that I love it.
    (i'm playing with a 360 controller) I agree with the people who say the pc control system is terrible.
    I tried keyboard and mouse for the first hour or so and it was a chore to say the least. bethesda should be ashamed. it was pc gamers who put them where they are today yet they fail to do any

bethesda should be ashamed. it was pc gamers who put them where they are today yet they fail to do any optimization of the interface for us loyal pc gamers. however it is a fantastic game, there is so much you can do. the fact that you can level yourself up and make weapons and armour that are better than what you can find in the game is a BIG bonus if you ask me and not as others have stated a flaw. you get a great sense of achievement when you wipe out a team of enemies with weapons you have crafted yourself.

the game is not without its flaws. the wooden npc's spouting the same lines over and over becomes a bit annoying, the fact that you can't craft an amazing bow but you can't make arrows to go with it, the sometimes dodgy animation. the swordplay isn't that great either, but seeing as i tend to play as a sneaky archer it doesn't really bother me.

it won't be a game for everybody, if you like your action thick and fast stay away as there is a lot of exploring to be done where not much happens other than the odd bear or wolf attacking you.
    in this day and age of the average game lasting 8-10 hours and you ending up feeling ripped off, skyrim has the depth to keep you entertained for hundreds of hours
    you need to invest a lot of time in skyrim to get the best from it.
    you get a hell of a lot of game for your money.
  91. Jan 18, 2012
    Wow. I don't even know where to start with this game. it has so much going for it. first of all, the game looks beautiful. the new engine does wonders for the game this this time. characters look fantastic compared to the last installment. then theres the world. the world is massive. and you can go anywhere you want straight out of the gate. i have over 60 hours in the game so far, and iWow. I don't even know where to start with this game. it has so much going for it. first of all, the game looks beautiful. the new engine does wonders for the game this this time. characters look fantastic compared to the last installment. then theres the world. the world is massive. and you can go anywhere you want straight out of the gate. i have over 60 hours in the game so far, and i havent even been to all the main areas. nevermind the tons of small settlements and dungeons that are literally everywhere. the world is massive and beautiful. and every character has there own personality. there own story. they may not be interesting, but there all there. that brings me to my first problem. even thought a great amount of detail has gone into these characters, they dont feel life like. they dont seem to be remotely interested in what there saying to you. and thats a shame. but its a hard thing to do. and even though its not done the best, its still miles above the competition. moving onto the gameplay, skyrim has kept its combat pretty much the same as oblivion. because it works. very well. its really my favorite part of the game. everything is smooth and fluent. then theres the story. there is so much story in this game, that i cant begin to talk about it without taking up the rest of the review. so its good. very good. theres over 100 hours of it. with every good thing that game brings out, there seems to be a lot of not so good things to go with them. i bought the game for PC. and its very buggy. there is so many bugs, its become a sport with me and my friends to find the most hilarious one. floating people, killer props, and liquid ground are all present here. i guess what im saying is that the game is great, but with many problems. i still recomend picking it up. Expand
  92. Jan 18, 2012
    I've played through Oblivion and the two recent Fallouts plus a lot of other solo and multi-player games. So far, Skyrim is the best!

You can wander the beautiful, dramatic hills and valleys, visit the quaint towns and meet the quaint people, follow all or none of the quest lines. You can make a career and a marriage, play any of the numerous races and both genders. You can specialize in melee or ranged or casting, or you can build a character who does it all. You can adopt a companion to watch your back and carry your loot. This is an extremely immersive game that I would highly recommend to those new to the genre. Replay value is high.

You do need to make sure you have the hardware recommended for this game. Don't even think of getting by with the minimum! The graphics are much too good to waste and they'll kill a mediocre system.

Small bugs still exist but you can learn to use the developers console to repair a quest or skip the boring parts. If you get stuck, there are plenty of helpful references free on the Net. My only dissatisfaction was that I didn't feel emotionally connected to any of the NPCs. I think this is because Bethesda didn't use cutscenes to bring me close to a character's face. Witcher II and even the old Half-Life series nailed my feelings better.
  93. Jan 18, 2012
    Best PC RPG game ever. Ignore the bug-gripers; they have dirty systems. And Skyrim will only get better as the mods roll in and the expansion packs arrive. Seriously, coolest game ever.
  94. Jan 17, 2012
    Skyrim is a good game, but something about it doesn't seem right to me. Maybe it's because I am extremely tired of fantasy adventure settings, wonder why open world games are so good, or maybe it's because Skyrim has the same exact gameplay as Oblivion or Morrowind. Just repackaged with better music, sounds, animations, and graphics. But, in all honesty, it is still an excellent game thatSkyrim is a good game, but something about it doesn't seem right to me. Maybe it's because I am extremely tired of fantasy adventure settings, wonder why open world games are so good, or maybe it's because Skyrim has the same exact gameplay as Oblivion or Morrowind. Just repackaged with better music, sounds, animations, and graphics. But, in all honesty, it is still an excellent game that DOES take awhile for me to enjoy it thoroughly. One of my favorite aspects is the perk system, which does not fail in allowing you to use WHATEVER you want. As a fan of warriors who uses two handed swords and matching armor, this game REALLY caters to me! Let's see World of Warcraft or ANY OTHER RPG do that, as they only encourage you to use "what's best". Anyway, Skyrim is stellar in every aspect, but tough for people like me to get into... Expand
  95. Jan 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been a fan of TES series since DaggerFall. (I havent played Arena.) I loved Dagger Fall for its complex open world and advanced game mechanics. Of course it had its faults but they were undermined by the huge myriad of features the game had. Morrowind cut the features down a little bit but the incredibly detailed and interesting world it gave you to explore, the complex story line and still relatively complex character mecahnics more than made up for that. Oblivion dumbed down the character mechanics even further and even its pretty graphics couldnt hide the very generic game world provided. WHich leads us on to Skyrim. Well its both better and worse than Oblivion in many ways. The game world is visually stunning, very diverse in encounters and quickly becomes tedious. After several hours of walking through the varied locations you soon realise that although one place looks different from the other, they all act and behave the same. The character mechanics have been dumbed down to a horrible degree. Attributes are as good as gone with only three remaining. Instead they have given us the Fallout 3 style perks. You get to go up one attribute and one perk per level. This makes it VERY hard to care about leveling or the character you are creating. The quests are generally the same, go here, kill this, get that, come back. After 7 - 8 of these you will start to discover boredom at its best. The quest storylines are also far too "Awsome".[spoiler] For example, the mage questline has you saving the world as an apprentice and then suddenly rising to Archmage [/spoiler] I would say that after not too long, you will have saved the world at least a dozen times. Skyrim, on the surface is a great game, well worthy of the praise it has received. But as soon as you explore the game a little further, it quickly shows the lack of depth or longevity this game has to offer. All in all, I would say this game is on par with Oblivion which is not a good thing. I would personally buy this game at a low price or wait for one of its competitors to see if they are able to offer a better experience. Expand
  96. Jan 16, 2012
    A startling amount of content in a beautiful package. The environments and the soundtrack blend beautifully to create a world you really want to get lost in. And with so many quests to do, you can easily pour over a hundred hours into this great game. Though there are bound to be glitches in a game of this magnitude as well as a lack of a fully substantial story, Skyrim still offers theA startling amount of content in a beautiful package. The environments and the soundtrack blend beautifully to create a world you really want to get lost in. And with so many quests to do, you can easily pour over a hundred hours into this great game. Though there are bound to be glitches in a game of this magnitude as well as a lack of a fully substantial story, Skyrim still offers the most immersive and enormous world for gamers to explore. Expand
  97. Jan 16, 2012
    As expected, the developers are very densely filled with not very large map. The results are impressive. In the course of assignments we get dozens of temples, caves and castles, learn about the many characters, both important for the Dragon Reach, and with ordinary citizens. For performing tasks you do not get experience, but you will not the less valuable gold, jewelry, armor, orAs expected, the developers are very densely filled with not very large map. The results are impressive. In the course of assignments we get dozens of temples, caves and castles, learn about the many characters, both important for the Dragon Reach, and with ordinary citizens. For performing tasks you do not get experience, but you will not the less valuable gold, jewelry, armor, or weapons. Speaking of the latter: in the game a great set. Starting from the normal that a player can make himself, and the last registered. Expand
  98. Jan 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As many here, I was a fan of Morrowind and I bought the game when it was released. A solid 15 hours of fun it was, and then... The varnish went off: the game is dull and repetitive, and there is no sense of an epic progression. No legendary objects crafted aeons ago that would beat anything I'd make myself; no reward in becoming a thane, a guild's master or solving the civil war; a clunky menu, because, hey, it's a console port; a boring combat system with ridiculously cheap and unvaried animations. If anything, the whole action felt, well, generic. On top of that, and after roughly 30 hours, I am completely overpowered *** possible spoilers ahead ***: I'm a pure two-handed warriors with armor crafting and enchanting to the max, and it takes me two or three hits to kill an ice-dragon. Boring. Once you're past the discovery of the supposedly beautiful (I find them colourless) landscapes and of the skill system (which is OK), the game is nothing but a series of repetitive dull tasks, and you get NO sense of achievement whatsoever. Expand
  99. Jan 15, 2012
    How can you release a PC game with broken binds!? It's bad enough that I'm forced to bind spells and weapons to number keys only, but then these vanish into thin air a few minutes later! What a thoughtless console port. The mouse lag in menus is also unforgiveable. Numerous online solutions have failed to correct these problems. I have spent more time trying to make this pos game playableHow can you release a PC game with broken binds!? It's bad enough that I'm forced to bind spells and weapons to number keys only, but then these vanish into thin air a few minutes later! What a thoughtless console port. The mouse lag in menus is also unforgiveable. Numerous online solutions have failed to correct these problems. I have spent more time trying to make this pos game playable than actually playing the game. Do yourself a favor and either buy the console version or play somethign else. Expand
  100. Jan 15, 2012
    This is one of the best games ever created, and has just raised the bar for openworld action-rpg's to a new impssible height. Dragon age does well, Fallout does well, and so do a lot of other open world games. We had a lot of those in 2011, but this one is the best. The graphics are the best you have seen in a while on PC, the gameplay is fantastic and the amount of content justThis is one of the best games ever created, and has just raised the bar for openworld action-rpg's to a new impssible height. Dragon age does well, Fallout does well, and so do a lot of other open world games. We had a lot of those in 2011, but this one is the best. The graphics are the best you have seen in a while on PC, the gameplay is fantastic and the amount of content just incredible. Take Morrowind and Oblivion times two, plus better graphics, longer and more rewarding gameplay and an amazing amount of detail, and you have Skyrim. And, finally, a game arrives that does dragons right. Each dragon fight, even if you already had a milliion, is epic. The detail in weapons and armor, buildings, enemies, characters and weather conditions was never seen before until Skyrim came along. Expand
  101. Nov 11, 2011
    To those who can't believe how somebody could rate this game so low, I know exactly how you feel, about the game and the rating. I couldn't possibly care any less though.:)
    Good WRPG is all about choices/options and involved/enjoyable character development. An epic, well written story helps as well. This game does not have any of this.
    With a large world to explore, it first felt like a
    With a large world to explore, it first felt like a lot was possible. Cave exploration, ruin exploration, underwater exploration, fight X creature, find a random town and talk to random denizen, etc. After about 10 hours, it became more obvious that, yeah there is a lot you can do on the side, just none of it was all that interesting. At a certain point it just felt like I was playing offline MMO, in that the game allows you to do so much but it's just done so poorly.
    I know that the graphics aren't the most important part of a game like this but Skyrim don't even look average. I would never be so ridiculous as to say that I would buy a game just based on the visuals, but this game look like heavily moded Oblivion.

1. Feb 29, 2012
  2. Feb 14, 2012
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012