8.2

1. Apr 26, 2015
    RIP Skyrim 2011-2015

cause of death: Gaben greed

Really can't believe they are trying to pull these mod shenanigans. No steam, I'm not paying for a mod that might not work, and I'm definitely not paying when the creator only gets 25%. Put a donate button where 100% goes to the creator or nothing.
  2. Apr 26, 2015
    Paid Mods? What a joke. If you thought DLC was **** then boy oh boy are you in for a surprise with PAID **** MODS. Boycott Valve, boycott Bethesda and start living the life a pirate.
  3. Apr 26, 2015
    Paid mods aren't the way to go, Valve and Bethesda. You should've known better. I will never buy a mod and support them. Way to kill your game. ggwp
  4. Apr 26, 2015
    This game in it's un-modded form is broken, and average at best. Mods fixing bugs, increasing graphical quality, adding needed gameplay elements, make this game great. All of these things benefit the publisher and platform (Steam) already. They do not deserve a portion of the profits for things made by others work that increase the value of their game. They are essentially forcingThis game in it's un-modded form is broken, and average at best. Mods fixing bugs, increasing graphical quality, adding needed gameplay elements, make this game great. All of these things benefit the publisher and platform (Steam) already. They do not deserve a portion of the profits for things made by others work that increase the value of their game. They are essentially forcing modders to pay them to make their product better. If they want to help modders make a profit, allow donations, but to take a portion of that is disgusting and greedy, especially when they already benefit from the free labor and increased game value of the mods already. Expand
  5. YML
    Apr 26, 2015
    One of the best games of all time...until Bethesda decided to turn free, user-made mods into money-making DLCs, only without the quality control of actual DLCs.
  6. Apr 26, 2015
    I am giving this game a very low score due to the recent announcement of paid mods.

how wonderful! That way when a paid mod (DLC) breaks valve/bethesda can just put their hands up and direct your anger back at some poor modder. All while they take a 75% cut.

disliked, thumbs down, unsubscribed
  7. Apr 26, 2015
    The developers are ruining the community by allowing paid mods. There is no quality control with these mods, and the mod creators get 25% of the cost they charge.
  8. Apr 26, 2015
    Can't support paid mods. My opinion on both Valve and Bethesda has gone down, one of the reasons I bought Skyrim was because I knew I would be able to download loads of great mods for free. It seems that this is the first step in an attempt to restrict that. Monopolies are bad.
  9. Apr 26, 2015
    A few years back a good game was launched named Skyrim. The game felt kind of empty with many limits, shortcomings and a short storyline but was still good. A few modders started to share their first creations and as the community grew, more and more mods and sub-communities saw the day. The work to improve and expand the game was well on its way. The community created tools and resourcesA few years back a good game was launched named Skyrim. The game felt kind of empty with many limits, shortcomings and a short storyline but was still good. A few modders started to share their first creations and as the community grew, more and more mods and sub-communities saw the day. The work to improve and expand the game was well on its way. The community created tools and resources that other modders used. Ideas was discussed and fantastic mods was created. Today more than 40000 mods is hosted on nexus and the workshop have more than 25000 mods. Countless numbers of videos, reviews, feedbacks and play testing have been produced. The game have expanded and improved in all aspects and the selection of mods,improvements and information is tremendous.

The community surrounding Skyrim have become very large and the popularity of the game followed that growth. And much of this was built on the idea that everyone was free to use the mods and tools that was created by the community. All that changed when Bethesda made it possible to charge money for mods. This change in policy is moving Bethesda in a direction that is undermining the foundation for the popularity and interested around their games. This change in policy will split up the community, create conflicts and reduce number of new mods created. Many will feel betrayed and treated unfairly and those that made the resource and tools that made some of the best mods possible will never be paid.

I'm not against that modders get paid for their work, I'm against the way it was introduced, that they introduced it in a well established community and the way it work on steam. By using Skyrim as the first game that have this "paying for mod" system it just feels like they are trying to suck out all the cash they can from this community that was built around free sharing and that already have thousand of mods available for sale. And in return they only give 25% to the modders, its easy to see that this was not act of being kind to the community.
  10. Apr 26, 2015
    After **** up The Elder Scrolls Online Bethesda had the incredible awesome idea to introduce paid mods for skyrim , not only that but they and steam take 75% of the profits.
  11. Apr 26, 2015
    Designed to bleed as much money as possible. Best selling Bethesda title of all time, primarily thanks to modders. Wants to take profits from their work because they screwed up TESO: makes Skyrim a money making scheme off of other people's work. Game is ruined, stay clear.
  12. Apr 26, 2015
    Vanilla-Skyrim: 6/10 (compared to other RPGs Skyrim is disgrace to the RPG-Genre)
    Modded-Skyrim: 12+/10
    Skyrim with paywalled Mods: seriously? Not that I don't endorse modders, but why should Bethesda get paid for other people's work? Why should I pay for mods, where I have no guarantee that it'll work even with other current or future mods? Why can't I just donate to the modders
    Modded-Skyrim: 12+/10
    Skyrim with paywalled Mods: seriously?

Why can't I just donate to the modders directly if I'm satisfied with their work?
    Why do they even call it "mods"? These are obviously 3rd party DLCs.
  13. Apr 26, 2015
    The paid mods initiative is an unbelievably cynical cash grab that has introduced a totally horrific concept to PC gaming.

The idea is now "out there", companies like Valve and EA are going to keep trying this till it pays off for them in the long term.

Everything about gaming is now a nickle and dime zero sum game. What a farce.
  14. Apr 26, 2015
    Skyrim was quite possibly the best game of this side of the century. Released on my birthday and my wife surprised me with it after work who then eagerly cheered me on as she sat beside me.

Until the fire nation came... I mean Bethesda became greedy. "How greedy." you ask skeptically. - Stuck deal with Steam to allow the modding community to charge for mods. - Deal included Theft

Until the fire nation came... I mean Bethesda became greedy.

"How greedy." you ask skeptically.

- Stuck deal with Steam to allow the modding community to charge for mods.
    - Deal included Theft of Wages from said modding community; Author only keeps 25% of income, the rest is split between Steam and Bethesda.
    - Damaging PC Gaming by taking a chapter from EA and pushing micro-transactions as a core part of the system.

I will never PAY for a mod. Ever. Donate after tremendous work, effort and long term commitment to their project? Absolutely, but I'll never PAY to use it because lets face it - Mod authors frequently abandon projects. What's stopping them from making/stealing a project, getting the cash and bailing out?

Nothing. That's what's stopping them. There's plenty more on this subject, just look around for the threads.

Bad form. Bad form all around.

R.I.P. Skyrim
    November 11th, 2011
    to
    April 23rd, 2015

"Gone too soon"
  15. Apr 26, 2015
    Pay for Mods needs an arrow to the knee! / Pay for Mods needs an arrow to the knee! / Pay for Mods needs an arrow to the knee! / Pay for Mods needs an arrow to the knee! / Pay for Mods needs an arrow to the knee!
  16. Apr 26, 2015
    This is more of a recommendation than a review.

I love this game a lot, but the entire community is being ruined by paid mods on the Steam Workshop. Yes, you may wonder why I post here and not on Steam, but these paid mods affect the entirety of the Skyrim modding community, and until this stops, Skyrim is going to be a near ruined game. I do not want this to happen, and therefore I
    This is more of a recommendation than a review.

I do not want this to happen, and therefore I leave a negative review.
  17. Apr 26, 2015
    WAGE-THEFT, MICRO-TRANSACTIONS & YOU

Valve and Bethesda are now "servicing" PAID mods to gamers. The mod creators themselves only take 25% from it. These modders are "self-employed". Bethesda and Valve are not legally bound to these people. Valve and Bethesda reinvented Micro-transactions, already the most unethical business practice of the decade, and it is now an INDIRECT source
    WAGE-THEFT, MICRO-TRANSACTIONS & YOU

Valve and Bethesda reinvented Micro-transactions, already the most unethical business practice of the decade, and it is now an INDIRECT source of revenue, exploiting both gamers and modders for their hard work.

Nevermind modding was about enjoying your time with the game, having fun and giving back to the community. Now it's a business. Serious business. It involves money, trademarks and possible litigation over ownership of intellectual property.

Bethesda can now rely on modders to work for a pittance while cashing in the profits, at the same time avoiding ALL legal issues if there are ANY problems with said mods. Modders are on their own.

Bethesda is taking pretty much half of the profit, and modders (who are not employees, thus Bethesda doesn't owe them anything) are left to dry in the sand. No rights, no protection.

And if you think 25% is bad, you're not taking taxes into account. It's worse than bad.
  18. Apr 26, 2015
    Like most Bethesda games, Skyrim is only mediocre when played without mods. With mods, the cool factor rises a million times over. Mods let you change almost every element of the game, adding immeasurable fun, and replay value. With that said, this is going to be a negative review because Bethesda, and Valve, have enabled a system where modders can now sell their mods on Steam.

This act

This act has already led to some modders pulling their mods from free sites like Nexus. Why is it a bad thing for modders to be paid for their work? Because that's not what modding is all about. I also mod, but I would never charge someone for something that is essentially done for fun, and with the notion of sharing with others. Modding has always been something done by the fans of a game, for other fans of the game.

For companies like Steam, and Bethesda, to try to monetize that, is nothing more than greed. And get this, the modders only recieve 25% of what they charge for their mods. Guess who gets the other 75%. This move sets a really bad precedent for things to come. You may not play Skyrim, but what if Valve started doing this to all their games? Modders for all games could potentially start charging people, and then the whole modding community would just turn into a huge market that nets big money for greedy corporations.

So, though I had fun with it in the past, I do not recommend Skyrim to anyone. It's your call to get it, but when the only thing that makes the game any good, is about to become paid DLC, that's when the game turns foul in my mind.
    Posted April 23.
  19. Apr 26, 2015
    With the Elder Scrolls series becoming more streamlined it got more shallow with the focus on questing and less about exploring and immersing yourself into the gaming world.
    Combined with mediocre writing and loaded with bugs the series had one redeeming quality that made it a great game well deserving of the praise it got.
    The modding community. With the community torn apart the
    The modding community.
    With the community torn apart the lifespan of this product will be way shorter than it's predecessors Morrowind and Oblivion to which you can still add freshly made content up to this day.
  20. Apr 26, 2015
    I've not seen such a horrible move by Bethesda and Valve. I've played the game for over three hundred hours, and as Valve introduced the paid mod scheme, I will never support either company ever again.
  21. Apr 26, 2015
    This game has it's problems, and it's strong points.

This game has it's problems, and it's strong points.

Bethesda tends to release expansive, games, brimming with potential, but their eyes also tend to be too big for their stomach so to speak. They end up releasing games brimming with bugs (Also in many of their games they seem incapable of actually making a normal humanoid head. Skyrim was the best so far at this). They've relied heavily on the mod community to fix these things after the beginnings of it in Daggerfall (where modding wasn't supported), with Morrowind, it was full on support for mods, and someone at Bethsoft should have rightfully gotten a huge pay raise. It helped make tons of loyal fans for the entire series, and if you think it didn't affect the success of the games? You are likely delusional.

Here are my problems with it.

Dumbed down. The removal of several systems that were present in previous iterations of the series were not an improvement. Skyrim often feels like it lacks customization.

Magic kind of sucks. It's been kind of going downhill for the entire series though, but there are several seemingly confusing oversights. Such as the lack of mark and recall spells.

Where are my vambraces? Sentence says it all.

The biggest downside now though: Paid mods. Yes the thing that skyrim relied on heavily since it's launch, and the thing Bethesda has been relying on for, idk a decade or so, is now open to purchase. Just like DLC, aren't you excited consumer? Oh and the creator of the content gets 25%, 45% going to bethsoft, and 30% going to Valve. So the person doing the work, gets a quarter on every dollar. Clearly a framework based on the outright exploitation of the work of others for financial gain. The legal issues alone are staggering, unlicensed student versions of 3dsmax, appropriation of the assets of others under a non-commercial license suddenly appearing in commercial mods, outright theft of mods, the fracturing of the modding community. It's a bad thing. They did this game in, but hopefully we can all stop it here. Paid mods? No more.
  22. Apr 26, 2015
    From one of my favorite franchises, to one i will avoid like the plague...How the mighty have fallen. This is a great game but Bethsoft have turned into greedy scum.
  23. Apr 26, 2015
    Very disappointed in the fact that this game now has paid mods. The vanilla game has a woeful poorly ported console UI, which is absolutely sub-par. If you wanted to fix this, you could, by using the free SkyUI mod, which makes it a great UI. If you now want to play the game with the great UI, you will have to pay extra for that...
  24. Apr 26, 2015
    It a solid game as it is (vanilla), but to make more of it you will surely want to install a couple of mods. And they were free as they were made by modders that do it for love and fun. Now money grabbing bi* in Bethseda and Vulva want to charge for it and give measly 25% to the modders and keeping rest for themselves. Yea right.
  25. Apr 26, 2015
    Skyrim was, and still is, an okay game, but made better with mods. However, VALVe's recent introduction of paid mods on the Steam Workshop will almost certainly turn the modding community (which is what kept this game going long after it should have dies out) against each other, after years of harmony. They're even censoring donation links to the modders, all so VALVe and Bethesda can takeSkyrim was, and still is, an okay game, but made better with mods. However, VALVe's recent introduction of paid mods on the Steam Workshop will almost certainly turn the modding community (which is what kept this game going long after it should have dies out) against each other, after years of harmony. They're even censoring donation links to the modders, all so VALVe and Bethesda can take 75% of the money that we WILL NOT GIVE.

Damage has already been done, but VALVe, you can still fix this. All you need to do is by removing the option to pay, and adding a donation button, with at least 90% going directly to the modder. Until then, I will not support Bethesda and VALVe.

TL;DR: You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Goodbye, VALVe.
  26. Apr 26, 2015
    I like this game a lot, but paid only mods are going to divide the modding community and a damage can already been seen.
    I will never support this kind of practice, donations would be better option.
  27. Apr 26, 2015
    Great game with mods. Cannot be recommended under paid mod model. Vanilla game is just not up to it and not Bethesda wants you to pay extra to finish their work. Don't support this model.
  28. Apr 26, 2015
    A horrible day.Paid modding is added now and is killing the modding community.Once an ok game with mods is now utter trash.

Thank you Valve and Bethesda for ruining the modding community.
  29. Apr 26, 2015
    Was a great game with mods. Now, this game is worthless, unless you ready to deal with a ridiculous mod community of costs and mods and modders that don't really care, and just come and go.
  30. Apr 26, 2015
    Do not support Bethesda any more. They were always horrible, but they had some redeeming features which brought us back. Long have they released unfinished games for full price, and expected modders to fix them. But now they're reaping profits from these modders with paid mods, the developers of the mods are getting miniscule profits from THEIR OWN WORK and steam has been removing donateDo not support Bethesda any more. They were always horrible, but they had some redeeming features which brought us back. Long have they released unfinished games for full price, and expected modders to fix them. But now they're reaping profits from these modders with paid mods, the developers of the mods are getting miniscule profits from THEIR OWN WORK and steam has been removing donate links! The game itself is boring and needs to be modded to have any fun to begin with. Expand
  31. Apr 26, 2015
    A once loved game that now includes paid modding,encourages modders to steal from one another and threats consumers like cash cows.

All that so Bethesda and Valve can take their 75% cut of the pie.

Do not support this anti-consumer ***
  32. Apr 25, 2015
    Avoid at all costs if buying on steam. Recently added a paid mods "feature" which has ruined the spirit of the game and the community. Please please please avoid. Teach Valve and Bethesda what they did wrong.
  33. Apr 25, 2015
    Paid mods.This game killed modding.Do not buy.Do not support Bethesda!Do not support Valve!

They monetised the part that was making their game playable and killed the community for a few dollars more!
  34. Apr 25, 2015
    I am seriously disappointed by Bethesda's greedy decision of taking 75% of the profit generated by mods their users make. This will go down in history as one of the worst changes made to an otherwise flawless game.

Skyrim Vanilla 8/10
    Skyrim with mods 10/10
    Skyrim with paid mods 0/10
  35. Apr 25, 2015
    At one time, I would have rated this game around 8, I have always enjoyed playing it. That being said, I have uninstalled the game will no longer play it, or purchase anything from Bethesda again. Why? Paid mods. I cannot support a game, game developer, publisher, or content delivery network that would employ such a horrible scam.
  36. Apr 25, 2015
    Paid mods are **** cancer and do nothing except destroy the community. Valve and Bethesda are going to be hurt by this more than they will than the $20 they make off of the 10 people retarded enough to buy a mod.
  37. Apr 25, 2015
    Was one of my favourite games before corporate greed reigned supreme. Best mod workshop in all of steam now hidden behind a paywall, pay for extra apple, pay for extra map marker, only 2 dollars to play fishing mini game. I am done with this game 0/10 will not play or recommend again
  38. Apr 25, 2015
    Bethesda has proven to be absolutely despicable with the recent changes to the Steam Workshop. They are tarnishing their reputation, and in doing so have caused the degradation of quality in their games.
  39. Apr 25, 2015
    Skyrim was fun game but with a large amount of bugs and some very poorly implemented user interface features, game was also pretty short and easy.
    With Mods you could fix almost all the bugs and repair your UI add immersion more quests more replayability more character customization better graphics etc...
    With paid mods someone like me who uses 90 mods I would need to spend about
    With paid mods someone like me who uses 90 mods I would need to spend about 200-400$ for the mods I use....
    Skyrim Vanilla 6/10
    Skyrim with mods 10/10
    Skyrim with paid mods 0/10
  40. Apr 25, 2015
  41. Apr 25, 2015
    Be careful not to support this game's company. They are pushing the idea of monetizing mods, something that could destroy the modding community as we know it. Think of it like this; If charging for modifications becomes the norm, then lazy devs like Bethesda will no longer have to fix bugs since they'll rely on the community to fix their mods and still get 75% of the profit. Not only thatBe careful not to support this game's company. They are pushing the idea of monetizing mods, something that could destroy the modding community as we know it. Think of it like this; If charging for modifications becomes the norm, then lazy devs like Bethesda will no longer have to fix bugs since they'll rely on the community to fix their mods and still get 75% of the profit. Not only that but modders will be forced to sell their mods to prevent someone else making money off his/her mod, then Bethesda will get 75% of the profits for doing nothing other than firing their QA team, relying on modders and forcing the gaming community to pay 10 dollars to fix bugs that shouldn't have been in the base product. Expand
  42. Apr 25, 2015
    Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs.
  43. Apr 25, 2015
    The most overrated game ever made and without mods this game sucks 167 km of d*cks.
    Now you have to pay for mods.
    Don't buy this game. Do not support Bethesda ever again.
  44. Apr 25, 2015
    paywalls for mods hurts everone please i want you to get mad and stand and say im a human being god dame it and im not gong to take this any more if we don't stop valve and bethesda now we will lose every thing please give this a 0 and save mods
  45. Apr 25, 2015
    Endless bugs, dull mainquest, nothing-to-do open world... and now the trojan horse of the modding comunity invasion. This game will sure be remembered. Bethesda, Valve; get gud.
  46. Apr 25, 2015
    game has gone far above advertised price with the monetization of everything with little or none going to the content creators and there is no quality control on portions of the game being charged for.
  47. Apr 25, 2015
    What is a great game is being ruined by a terrible industry of selling mods and marketing what was once a fantastic community. Disgusting and shameful.
  48. Apr 25, 2015
    Was a great game, then they started forcing people to pay for mods. Bethesda and Valve have shown their true colours, and how can we stand for this? Fix the Workshop!
  49. Apr 25, 2015
    Thanks to a major monetization effort by Bethesda and Valve, Skyrim is now utterly worthless as a game; it is no longer freely moddable. Resources like Nexus, ModDB, and even Loverslab are now equally worthless, as Bethesda will be pushing out a patch to remove the ability to mod outside of the Workshop. These things are what made Skyrim good. Now, it's just a bad, buggy piece of ****
  50. Apr 25, 2015
    Once an example of an open source game for modders to experiment with.
    A way to passionately make mods for everyone to enjoy.
    Now it will turn into a cash cow for bethesda's and valve's greed by putting mods behind pay walls. And the modders? They only get 25% of the money, while the other 20 - 30 percent goes to valve and 45% to bethesda. Its a way to make unofficial dlc, that
    Once an example of an open source game for modders to experiment with.
    A way to passionately make mods for everyone to enjoy.

Its a way to make unofficial dlc, that might get their support pulled any day, and might turn incompatible any day without the developer having any responsibility to fix the mod.
  51. Apr 25, 2015
    Bethesda and Valve now seem fit to exploit modders. While its Bethesda's IP, what's Valve's excuse for taking as large of a cut as well? Poor taste and it will NOT lead to anything good whatsoever.

Since every Elder Scrolls games basically REQUIRES mods to achieve the high rating users give them, this greedy move ruins any future title. Skyrim without mods is about a 6.5 game. A

Skyrim without mods is about a 6.5 game. A shame greed is ruining a good thing. You could always support the modders if you so chose to, now you're just giving publishers more money they didn't even earn...
  52. Apr 25, 2015
    Valve and Bethesda have joined forces to destroy what makes PC gaming the way it is. They have started monetizing MODS made by community members. They try to pass it as modders making money, but what these snakes don't tell you is that they keep 75% of the money, the creator of the content only gets 25%. On top of that, they need to make $100 a month to get paid, if they can't get that,Valve and Bethesda have joined forces to destroy what makes PC gaming the way it is. They have started monetizing MODS made by community members. They try to pass it as modders making money, but what these snakes don't tell you is that they keep 75% of the money, the creator of the content only gets 25%. On top of that, they need to make $100 a month to get paid, if they can't get that, Valve keeps it. This is not only another step in destroying PC gaming, much like DLC, it has ruined what was once a great, friendly modding community.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCIENCE, OR DESIRE TO SEE PC GAMING STAY THE WAY IT IS! A PURCHASE OF THIS GAME IS DIRECTLY FUNDING THE DEATH OF YOUR OWN HOBBY!

THERE ARE OTHER WAYS TO PLAY, DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO VALVE OF BETHESDA,
  53. Apr 25, 2015
    absolutely wouldn't recommend because of latest happenings. steam has started screwing over modders, gamers and even itself. paid for mods? this is a joke
  54. Apr 25, 2015
    This may do nothing, but people need to make their wallets and their voices heard so the madness stops. Both Zenimax and Valve have insisted on driving a wedge in between the modding community. The exact same community that has made Skyrim great. This is the PC version I am talking about here. PC gaming and modding go hand in hand. Many of the people who once wrote glowing reviews wouldThis may do nothing, but people need to make their wallets and their voices heard so the madness stops. Both Zenimax and Valve have insisted on driving a wedge in between the modding community. The exact same community that has made Skyrim great. This is the PC version I am talking about here. PC gaming and modding go hand in hand. Many of the people who once wrote glowing reviews would reconsider their stance if they had known they would eventually be paying an extra dollar here or there for mods.

Mods were once made and freely distributed for all to download. Said mods were made knowing that they used custom assets that would never be sold. The same mods were also made under the explicit circumstance that they could never be sold. However, all this changed once Zenimax and Bethesda retroactively changed their EULA to screw over the consumer.

"But JDBoogie, modders who make great work should be compensated for their work!" - misguided, but well-meaning fan.

I want to get this out of the way: Yes, modders should see some compensation if that is what they want. However, a lot of obstacles exist obstructing that. The current system in place by Valve is a monopoly. Modders should have every right to petition for tips or donations, but it's a legal grey area. The law is not on their side, but that of Valve and Zenimax. The law is also different depending on where you live. In order to profit off your work, you must go through the official platform: Steam. This flies in the face of free market principles as Valve can easily have one hundred percent control over the modding community if they so choose.

It may not happen today, it may not happen next year. Heck, it may never happen. Yet Valve is in position to make it happen and they have the legal team to do it. Today, I even see fans proclaiming that they will gladly play for a mod such as SkyUI. Especially since the developers of Skyrim are getting the majority of the profit! For the uninitiated, SkyUI was originally created to fix Skyrim's god awful, tailor-made for the Xbox 360/PS3 crowd UI. It is now behind a pay wall. Of course, the older versions will be still available for download. They'll even be updated so you can continue playing your game without mod incompatibilities. That's what they claim. You just have to take their word for it. The problem I have with this is that words me very little, but actions speak volumes.

Now we have once reputable modders listing work that is not their own for sale. Work that was a collaboration of people working together. Now that this has happened, all these promises fly out the window. It's potentially nothing more than mere lip service. There is no legal obligation for them to support SkyUI on third party websites given that there is no economical incentive to do so. Even without mentioning the fact that many mods REQUIRE SkyUI to even function, how would you feel if you were required to pay for a proper UI? A UI the developers couldn't be bothered to make? What if you had to pay to download a patch? This is a very slippery slope, and all parties are involved are just testing the waters. This is Horse Armor 2.0. Don't play the sucker and fall for it.

So, case in point, avoid this game and all future Bethesda titles at all costs. The anti-consumerist agenda needs to stop. If modders want some compensation for their work, that is fine by me. Just let the free market decide on how they should be paid. Do not blindly support this monopoly that has done so much damage to such a great and vibrant community in just two nights. As a mod user, I should be able to voice such cries for actions and complaints. If anyone were to consider me entitled, then just consider the fact I would never buy a mod hosted on the workshop, nor would I ever buy nickel and dime DLC. If the common modder is uncomfortable with that thought, they can stop modding. Mods should ideally be available without being hidden behind a pay wall unless it is one hundred percent your own work. The community has come this far already without the need for corporate suits. Let it stay that way, but unfortunately the damage may have already been done. Hopefully what was lost can be rebuilt.

I'll edit this review accordingly once Valve and Zenimax rethink their policies. Until then, buyer beware. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.
  55. Apr 25, 2015
    Game needs mods to be great, but now mods are just microtransactions, so the game is not worth your time. Get Morrowind or Oblivion instead - they're just as good when modded (arguably, Morrowind is even better), and all their mods are FREE.
  56. Apr 25, 2015
    Unfortunately they have given modders the option to charge money for their mods. Won't be long until the entire workshop costs money. I understand it's a test but Valve seems very greedy with this and it looks like they just want to ride it out until people forget about it.
  57. Apr 25, 2015
    Skyrim was an amazing game, and now Bethesda have abused this by introducing payments for modding the game.

Don't let companies ruin the PC gaming market.
  58. Apr 25, 2015
    Yeah, I've got a lot of hours in this one. It USED TO BE good. It's not anymore. Let's have a history lesson, shall we?

Bethesda releases The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind for the PC on June 6th, 2002 (GOTY edition on November 7th, 2003). So incredibly buggy that sometimes it was unplayable. This game had a LOT of issues with it and the ironic thing was that the majority of the issues were ironed out, via mods made by the CONSUMERS. Once fixed it had a certain charm to it that made it fun.

Fast forward to March 20th, 2006 (September 10th, 2007 GOTY) for Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. Again, not the most bug-free game. Not quite as glitchy as Morrowind but still, mods released made some of the glitches and oddities go away.

October 28th, 2008 marks the release of Fallout 3. A step backward in terms of bugginess as this one had quite a few in it. Oblivion definitely played better on release than this one did. Mods were made, bugs were eliminated. Notice a pattern yet? No? I'll keep going then.

October 19th, 2010 rolls around, and out pops Fallout: New Vegas. Same engine as Oblivion and Fallout 3. Lots of the same bugs herein. Lots of mods made to combat the aforementioned bugs.

Now we come to Skyrim. Same pattern as before except now Bethesda wants a cut of the modding profits. A LARGE cut. They want to monetize mods, some of which are (and will eventually be) consumer made BUG FIXES to content/bugs Bethesda released into the game themselves. They want to get paid for content and work they had nothing to do with outside of making the base textures/A.I. for the original game. Some of these mods are really quite original in what they do and Bethesda feels they need to get paid for having someone else think of what they couldn't when they made the game originally.

If the modders cut was bigger I'd probably be less angry. But it's not. Skip this one, don't put more money into Bethesdas' pockets. Save your money for other companies that don't try to get rewarded for work they didn't do or for the work YOU did.
  59. Apr 24, 2015
    skyrim was great till they added Paying for mods on the workshop ....
    Valve and the developers are greedy taking 75% of the money for doing nothing
    I hate valve for being greedy
  60. Apr 24, 2015
    Paid mods. Do not support Valve or Bethesda. I will only be purchasing games from GOG.com (seriously, DRM free) GREENMANEGAMING.com and GAMERSGATE.com I will not purchase games on Steam until the reverse their decision and I will not be purchasing a Bethesda game until they remove paid mods. Never again. If you want to pay the modders add a donate button you dweebs.
  61. Apr 24, 2015
    No Paid Mods NEVER

Los modders no son las putas baratas que hacen el trabajo que Bethesda no hizo en su momento.
    Mafiosos.
    Vergüenza puta vergüenza...
  62. Apr 24, 2015
    Used to be good with loads of mods now you need to pay for it, base game is **** and you need mods to acctually make it good, so if you like paying for unofficial patches buy it by all means, but it's not worth it anymore, game is **** without mods.
  63. Apr 24, 2015
    Skyrim was a great game but now Bethesda and steam want to profit on mods which is the only thing i bought this game for so no its a horrible game, might change my mind once they remove paid mods
  64. Apr 24, 2015
    This game expects me to pay for something with real money which has been free since the dawn of modding. Its like your Internet provider sending you a bill for every webpage you visit.

Bethesda and Steam now are on par with EA as outright anti-consumer companies and as such I urge you to boycott this and any other release from them. Theyre acting to make the world of gaming a worse place for gamers....
  65. Apr 24, 2015
    Don't buy. Mods are being charged for on steam workshop. Have to pay $$$ to play user created content. Don't support the developers! they working with steam to earn money off modders.
  66. Apr 24, 2015
    Thanks for the paid mods you greedy **** this game is mediocre without mods, and now you just came and steal that from your own game. Bravo, you can't be more stupids Valve/Betrashda.
  67. Apr 24, 2015
    Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..
  68. Apr 23, 2015
    PAID MODS = DEAD GAME
    Congrats on killing one of the greatest things about PC gaming. You think people would still be playing TES Oblivion 9 years after launch if mods weren't free?
    Dream on, greedy pigs.
  69. Apr 23, 2015
    Now with 1,000,000% more paid DLC, first horse armor now this. Greedy company is, greedy. I wouldn't buy another game from them if they paid me to take it.
  70. Apr 23, 2015
    Great game with all the 100+ mods i have (literally i just counted its more than 100). Not worth without them.
    All mods were downloaded from the nexus. In an month all the mods will come over here to the freaking steam **** and charge for them, while either delleting them in the nexus or keeping really outdated versions of them in there.
    Dont believe me? This **** already started, just

Dont believe me? This **** already started, just check Wet and **** cold.

v2.0 here in steam workshop

v1.4 in the nexus.

GO to freaking hell valve bethesda and Gaben
  71. Apr 23, 2015
    Paying for mods? Is this some kind of sick cruel joke? This decision makes Nintendo's decision to take ad revenue from YouTube streamers look smart. This game isn't worth playing without the mods.
  72. Apr 23, 2015
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 9,5/10. Оne of the best games.
    23,04,2015 - RIP game - modifications for money. in steam...
    Why did it?...very disappointed...
  73. Apr 23, 2015
    This is the best game I ever played. Perfectly accomplished in every single aspect. There's so much to do here that it would be practically impossible to list them all. It overshadows every other game in the genre and the level of detail demonstrate the level of commitment and effort that Bethesda put into the making of this game. I probably spent 500+ hours with a single character and I'mThis is the best game I ever played. Perfectly accomplished in every single aspect. There's so much to do here that it would be practically impossible to list them all. It overshadows every other game in the genre and the level of detail demonstrate the level of commitment and effort that Bethesda put into the making of this game. I probably spent 500+ hours with a single character and I'm still far from growing tired of it. Expand
  74. Apr 22, 2015
    Amazingly grand world upon a greatly captivating story and experience that will have you sucked in for hours upon days! *Bethesda's home to the Dragonborn screams for all 10 Fus-Ro-Dah's!*
  75. Apr 22, 2015
    This is the best first person game in history ever, amazing graphics and open world, you can reach anywhere, great story and environment, the most awesome programmable game ever, you can change texture animation grass, light,,,, any thing in the game,, i finished this game,
    I hope they release skyrim 2
  76. Apr 12, 2015
    10/10 this is my favorite game of all time everything about this game is perfect. The amazing combat feels perfect. The graphics may not be amazing but they are still very good. The story is great, all the DLC's are great, The game is super imersive and great for role players. Go buy this game and it's definitely worth you're money.
  77. Apr 12, 2015
    This game is filled with flaws. Yet, the time I've invested in it is unprecedented in my book, namely, over 200 hours. The fighting is diverse but chaotic, you either sneak and kill the opponent in 1 dagger hit thanks to the maxed 15x damage multiplier, you cast a bunch of spells and hide behind your follower or you just slash your way through. The dungeons and their enemies becomeThis game is filled with flaws. Yet, the time I've invested in it is unprecedented in my book, namely, over 200 hours. The fighting is diverse but chaotic, you either sneak and kill the opponent in 1 dagger hit thanks to the maxed 15x damage multiplier, you cast a bunch of spells and hide behind your follower or you just slash your way through. The dungeons and their enemies become redundant. You can crank up the difficulty any time you wish, but at one point you will simply be too strong, even against opponents who're well above your level and the the incredible amount of side-quests become quite tedious after a while. The thing is, you won't notice these things after quite a while and at the time you reach this point you will have got more than enough happiness out of this game than most RPG series will be able to grant you! The insane amount of detail loaded in this game is a milestone and you will surely be able to appreciate it through the amazing voice cast, the beautiful graphics and the mighty Nordic, dark and cold, art-design and soundtrack. As for the story, the trailer (if trailer reviews were a thing, I'd give it a 10) made it sound more epic than it was. It certainly wasn't bad by any means, but I wasn't that enthusiastic for it, luckily there are enough other smaller stories in the game you can dig (honestly, I thought The Dark Brotherhood quest-line was better than both the primary and secondary main quest-line). All in all, the amount of flaws in Skyrim are easily forgiven by the incredible scope of it which make faults inherent. Expand
  78. Apr 6, 2015
    Only thing i didn't like is combat system and it didn't have custom magic system like oblivion. Maybe sidequest are can be better too.
    But it have amazing open-world game mechanics, map is huge, you can talk to many npc and interact with them. Spells are fun, Shouting is awesome. I liked civil war and you can found many items, secret things and have fun with it.
    You are Dragonborn and
    You are Dragonborn and feel different than others in the game, i think that's really important, you are feel like you are the dragonborn, it's not just a title.
  79. Apr 5, 2015
    Even though it may not capture Oblivion's magic, Skyrim never ceases to amaze players who desire something to play hours on end. Bethesda Game Studios outdo themselves.
  80. Apr 5, 2015
    Skyrim is a game developed by Bethesda, and with any game developed by Bethesda, it has one strong point. The world. It's a big and beautiful world that is better than Oblivion's dull "green" generic fantasy world, but not nearly as interesting as Morrowind's alien world (it's still a very cool world though!) However, it is either average or plainly bad at everything else.
    Animations are
    Animations are pretty bad; while speaking to you, characters barely have any facial expressions matching the tone in their voices, and most animations just feel like they were made by amateurs or interns at Bethesda, and since cutscenes are rendered in-engine, most of them feel awkward.
    Writing is uninteresting, and main and faction questlines have a weak plot (except maybe for the Dark Brotherhood questline). Side quests are usually fetch quests, and the ones who aren't aren't very interesting, save a few daedric quests.
    Combat is clunky. Splitting it into the three archetypes: SWORD-PLAY. It's fairly dull, just click until the enemy's dead and chug 20 potions if you're dying. MAGIC. Probably the most interesting since magic is fun. There are still problems as some spells cease to get used later in the game because there is a spell that upgrades it. Plus, Illusion is idiotic, as the effects from spells are capped to levels and most of the perks in the Illusion tree are simply raising that cap. STEALTH. Just crouch until your Sneak level is at 100 and then you're almost invisible.
    Lack of replayability. "Oh, but there's lots of different ways to play the game!" And you can play all of them in one playthrough, there's no need to start a new game. You can get every skill to 100 and play in all those different ways, and since you can be a leader of all the factions on a single playthrough, why bother with starting a new game?
    The Un-Epic feel. Aside from the soundtrack (which is pretty epic) basially none of your actions in a story that SHOULD feel epic (the final boss, for example, feels like just another dragon). The only thing that feels any epic is maybe your first fight with a dragon, and usually ist's because you're feeling the hype from all that marketing and good reviews paid off with Mountain Dew and Doritos (that was a joke I don't know if Bethesda actually pays off journos :)
    Consolization. Awful UI and the simplification of attributes and certain skills (In previous Elder Scrolls games, you had 8 attributes, now you only have health, magicka and stamina which is a perfect example of Bethesda streamlining their games for 10-year-olds, and skills like long and short blades, axes, etc have been simplified to one-handed and two-handed.)
    With that said, with mods Skyrim turns into a 10/10, as you can customize most of the game to your liking and make it awesome, though it will probably lack the epic feel it should have.
  81. Mar 29, 2015
    Keep Calm and Love Skyrim. That's all I wanted to say. But I must type a hundred and fifty characters so I will be typing this - Haters gonna hate but once I shout on them, they fly away. Enough?
  82. Mar 26, 2015
    This game is pure escapism. I'd rate this a 9.6/10. The reason is there are almost no other games that were more fun playing for that many hours (300 +). Graphics are amazing for such an open world. Art design is beautiful. There is no other game that offers better exploration in an interactive world. The engine and animations are a credible (a lot better than Morrowind).

It's true

It's true Skyrim has his shortcomings. Choices in game (i.e. guild membership) are not mutually exclusive. There's not enough variety in how to finish a quest. If you want to role play however, you can always define your character's personality, alignment and activities yourself and stick to them. You always have the freedom not to help someone or not to complete a given quest. In my opinion that's the best way of playing this game.

On the level of pure enjoyment it's very difficult to beat Skyrim. In the end, for me that's what games are about.
  83. Mar 19, 2015
    Deep, with a fascinating Lore, immense world to explore and amazing graphics for his era, it's not one of the best rpg games, but of all time. Go deep in Skyrim, you will not be regretful!
  84. Mar 12, 2015
    Skyrim is freaking awesome. It has a cool, interesting story with the old fashion, bizarre prisoner opening setting, tons of cool, slick, unique weapons and armor, tons of books to read filled with detailed lore, great skill tree, much improved UI over Oblivion, improved leveling, much faster paced combat, and much more.

The reason I gave it a 9 is because the AI can be so poor that it

The reason I gave it a 9 is because the AI can be so poor that it could be hilarious or very frustrating. Their pretty stupid. They get lost, walk into walls, die all the time, ect.. You should also buy it on PC if you can run it, which you should be able to as recommend is a GTX 260 which is pretty low by todays standards. It's better on PC for mods and WAY, WAY faster loading screens. This game is an eight on consoles just because it has a pretty low framerate and super long loading screens.

It's worth getting for any system, but I recommend on PC for the reasons I stated earlier. Skyrim isn't better than Morrowind, but it does lift a bar so high that no RPG has yet to raise further.
  85. Mar 1, 2015
    After Oblivion, Skyrim pales in comparison. Streamlined and boring as hell. All the missions are repetitious and while the missions threads differ, the MO of each is identical and get's boring after the first two. TES dumbed down for Console gamers.
  86. Feb 28, 2015
    Definitely one of the best RPG on the PC to date. Immersion depth, diversity , we want to do everything, explore, face anything . Will remain a reference time as RPG
  87. Feb 26, 2015
    Are you bored of all those RPG's, that don't really live up to your expectations. Like RPG's that don't really have that much of depth, or ones that you won't even remember after playing for months.
    ________________________________________
    Then my friend, you're in the exact, right, spot! ________________________________________ Skyrim is a game that feels more like... another real
    ________________________________________

Then my friend, you're in the exact, right, spot!
    ________________________________________

Skyrim is a game that feels more like... another real life. It's a game that you'll never forget, never hate, and might even cry if you remember your days in it.
    It has the soul and game-play and world of an RPG, It's what you will be talking about for years after playing it. The massive open world "that is expandable by expansions (DLC's)" With no Invisible walls whatsoever. The beautiful combat and game-play system. And the precise themes and soundtracks for the game. nearly endless quests, which are all very "AAIG" (Amazingly And Insanely Great) You will never be bored from this game.
    And you should as "Joe Vargas" said, get a portable toilet with a strap so you can attach it to your butt while playing. So you won't have to go for the miserable boring toilet seat. You will love all the things for you to do here, Ranging from Crafting to Enchanting to Exploring To Dungeon delving To Finding mysterious places or thing or people To Reading books To Creating your own "Dynamic quests" To Almost everything.
    _________________________________________

The main quest line evolves from a dragon prophecy that states "The dragons will return" lid by an evil one who will bring the end of tamriel, while the civil wars rages throughout the holds. All of this at the same time will ensure a great time in this game. And don't forget that i said the quests are nearly endless, because they are "Literally" . The dragon and civil war thingy is just a fraction of how much quests there are in this game. I could talk about these quests but it would take a very long time to write them. Guys there is A great value for your money here, a great value for the expansions as well.
    Have i mentioned that this game will have A Greatly inevitable replay value? No i did not, because it does.
    If you have a PC, that's good enough for running games. Then buy Skyrim on it. Because of the mods there are for you to download into this game. Mods are "Custom modifications made by normal players like you".
    And these mods really Add to the value of your money, Since those mods never end "Literally said" You can see what these "mods" are by searching for them in youtube.
    _____________________________________________

Now i want to end this Review and tell you to get some money, even if you have to kill for it "Figure of speech", And Buy this game right now, and install mods on, if you bought it on PC. And don't worry, this game is still as good on Consoles. Anyway, Skyrim is a world that will be carved in your memories FOREVER. see you in Skyrim fellow adventurer.
  88. Feb 20, 2015
    Three months after 11/11/11 I tried to play Skyrim. I won't repeat the shameful memories of those early days we all know so well. Just over three years later I wanted to give it another shot. I endeavored to mod Oblivion's half-baked successor into playability, to try and achieve an experience on par with Oblivion (or better yet Fallout New Vegas). I'm sorry to report that all theThree months after 11/11/11 I tried to play Skyrim. I won't repeat the shameful memories of those early days we all know so well. Just over three years later I wanted to give it another shot. I endeavored to mod Oblivion's half-baked successor into playability, to try and achieve an experience on par with Oblivion (or better yet Fallout New Vegas). I'm sorry to report that all the modding in the world can't save this game - well, at least not when its done by a non-programmer like myself. Skyrim simply cannot escape its dumbed down, form-over-function console roots. The hopelessly poor voice acting, ugly Havok engine and tendency to crash at the drop of a hat..its all still there, waiting to disappoint you profoundly. Considering that each TES title since Daggerfall has been more about pushing the limits of console graphics rather than PC gameplay, I don't even want to think what the next installment will be like. Now we're hearing sickening rumors that the next Fallout may be an MMO. If that comes to pass then any hope for Bethesda's redemption is probably dead. Skyrim was successful for one simple reason: gamers are desperate for *anything* with some actual depth, even if its only the depth of a kiddie pool complete with all the bodily excretions you'd expect. I don't know if its even possible but I would love to see a team of master modders put together a big package of various Skyrim mods that create as much immersion and quality gameplay as possible. I would like to think that with enough talent and hard work this game could be salvaged. As I struggled for well over a hundred of hours of fighting mods and the game's shortcomings I kept seeing little hints of promise glimmering beneath the dull veneer of simplistic gameplay, buggy mechanics and utterly generic story. I wish someone could make Skyrim the game it was hyped as being. Expand
  89. Feb 19, 2015
    Skyrim is one of the truly best games ever created. The action, powers, abilities, customization, and even bunny killing counter add up to a beautiful and extremely well-coded game. Not only are you not restricted to certain classes and fighting styles, but you have the ability to mix and match armor, swords, bows, and magical powers to create your own unique character. The scenery is soSkyrim is one of the truly best games ever created. The action, powers, abilities, customization, and even bunny killing counter add up to a beautiful and extremely well-coded game. Not only are you not restricted to certain classes and fighting styles, but you have the ability to mix and match armor, swords, bows, and magical powers to create your own unique character. The scenery is so beautiful, the enemies are outstandingly varied, and loot is bountiful. Skyrim will consume your time with its never-ending list of main missions and side missions. Solid 10/10 no doubt. Expand
  90. Feb 15, 2015
    Skyrim has it's ups and downs like most popular video games, but the ups tower over the negative. The storyline is amazing and on going gameplay meaning you will never get bored, as you have many other side quests. Great voice acting, and is very interactive. You will need to have a rather good pc to play this as the world is rather big. Most likely won't work on a laptop. There isn't alotSkyrim has it's ups and downs like most popular video games, but the ups tower over the negative. The storyline is amazing and on going gameplay meaning you will never get bored, as you have many other side quests. Great voice acting, and is very interactive. You will need to have a rather good pc to play this as the world is rather big. Most likely won't work on a laptop. There isn't alot of bugs, but there when there is you can use cheats to fix them and put them back in their place. Highly recomended. Expand
  91. Feb 14, 2015
    + big world
    + quest
    .......................................................................................................................................................................
  92. Feb 13, 2015
    Graphiquement pas trop mal mais pas fabuleux, (sur la version pc qui est pourtant bien au dela des versions consoles ) même si on peut grandement l'amélioré en le moddant, je l'ai trouvé très vite ennuyeux et répétitif. Je n'ai pas croché à l'histoire (aux histoires) et on a énormement de mal à éprouver quoi que ce soit pour les personnages
    Bien loin d'un Oblivion qui reste à mon avis
    Bien loin d'un Oblivion qui reste à mon avis l'un des meileurs rpg open world à se jour.

Graphically not too bad but not fabulous (on the pc version that is yet far beyond the console versions) although it can be greatly improved with some mods, I found it boring and repetitive very quickly. I have not hooked to the story (stories) and was hugely difficult to feel anything for the characters
    Far from an Oblivion which remains in my opinion one of the best open world RPG to date.
  93. Feb 8, 2015
    A little disappointing and over rated

PROS
    -Amazing Graphics
    -Realistic gameplay

CONS
    -Slow gameplay
    -A little boring
    -Too many options to choose from
  94. Feb 6, 2015
    hate that when people says that a good game is overrated.
    a great game it is !
    an amazing adventure it is.
    a pain in the ass it is :D
    challenging indeed
    and overall. it just **** awesome !
  95. Feb 6, 2015
    It's hard to not recommend Skyrim. It's a massive step forward from Oblivion, but sadly it doesn't match to Morrowind.
    First off, Skyrim has an actually written world where everything has its place.
    It's a good time waster. It has a terrible UI and a broken character development, but simultaneously it has one of the best game rebuilding mods I've ever seen. I give it a lower score
    First off, Skyrim has an actually written world where everything has its place.
    It's a good time waster.

I give it a lower score because of the tendency to treat people like idiots. "Puzzles" are just insulting. The game still wants to take you on a disney jolly ride, shoveling everything down your throat even if you dont' want to. You will end having ALL daedra quests in your journal or done just by randomly walking around after a quest compass' arrow.
    Also the opening scenes are just terrible. They need to fire people responsible for such crap.
  96. Feb 4, 2015
    AAA games leaving old school players like high elves, who leave middle earth with ships in Tolkein's tales. I'm not surprised at high ratings because this isn't a bad game for average console player or player who hasn't got enough time to invest in games. Yes, this game has huge world but with lifeless characters. Yes, it has an easy to learn character improvement system but with brokenAAA games leaving old school players like high elves, who leave middle earth with ships in Tolkein's tales. I'm not surprised at high ratings because this isn't a bad game for average console player or player who hasn't got enough time to invest in games. Yes, this game has huge world but with lifeless characters. Yes, it has an easy to learn character improvement system but with broken mechanics. Yes, you have dragons in this game but they are desperate to survive against a town guard's attack. Yes, you have many quests to do but without emotion and they are repetitive. You have cities without people, you have roads without surprising adventures, you have dungeons without danger of life... I miss Morrowind. I miss unsolvable character creation mechanics and rich choices. I miss strange looking places and unknown, deadly dungeons. I miss playing a real RPG...Good luck with this game. Expand
  97. Feb 3, 2015
    I can safely say, without a doubt, that Bethesda has once again crafted a unique and exciting new game that is as fun to play as it is to write about. And I'm having a blast writing about it right now! In this Elder Scrolls entry, we are sucked into the fantastically fantastical world of Skyrim, a world which Bethesda has masterfully crafted, with elegant craftsmanship being found inI can safely say, without a doubt, that Bethesda has once again crafted a unique and exciting new game that is as fun to play as it is to write about. And I'm having a blast writing about it right now! In this Elder Scrolls entry, we are sucked into the fantastically fantastical world of Skyrim, a world which Bethesda has masterfully crafted, with elegant craftsmanship being found in every tree, temple, dungeon, house, castle, etc. If you hadn't gathered already, this game is a joy to explore, with every dungeon, every bandit hideout, and every city holding its own unique mystery and excitement. In Skyrim,I wasn't forced to explore every nook and cranny in its vast open world, I wanted to explore every nook and cranny. The game never forces exploration on you, because it knows that you will be more than willing to traverse the world on your own. The combat in Skyrim is an improvement on the combat of previous entries to the series, with kill animations and an actually viable 3rd person camera. There are also many varied, interesting quests to be found throughout the game, as well as many dynamic random encounters to be found that will keep the game fresh after you've completed all of the quests. The skill trees are as diverse and in-depth as ever, and perks are a fun addition. There are a few problems though. As with many other Bethesda games, there are multiple bugs throughout the game world. While most of these bugs are mildly annoying, there are a few bugs which can be game breaking, although I myself haven't experienced any of bugs which significantly hindered my enjoyment of the game throughout the 200+ hours I have spent playing. Also, some of the dialogue is poorly written, as well as some of the characters, but most of the time the dialogue and characters are interesting and enjoyable. Overall, I have and will continue to truly enjoy Skyrim, and I highly recommend it to any fan of The Elder Scrolls, RPGs, video games or quality entertainment in general. Expand
  98. Feb 3, 2015
    Bethesda has taken the world exploration of The Elder Scrolls series to a whole new level with Skyrim. The world seems smaller than Oblivion's but a lot more consistent. Most of Oblivion plains felt sterile, more and more of the same copy and paste. Skyrim on the other hand seeks to make each corner memorable, it's easy to notice differences in vegetation and clime.

As always the main

As always the main story is there but it's not the main focus, what's really important are the side quests. The main story is much better told than Oblivion and lasts a considerable longer time as well. Side-quests will really be the soul here often requiring extreme exploration in some of the hundreds of locales scattered around its colossal world.

If I had to point out what I disled about this game would be the fact that caverns seems a lot simpler and less obscure than Oblivion's—even though they're much more fun to explore—, a mix of both world would be perfect. Also, even though side-quests are absolutely everywhere, the "infinite quests" system did not do it for me. A game this big shouldn't be infinite, and they could have exchanged the infinite system with more finite quests so we could actually reach an end for it.

All in all, this came's scope is massive and easily one of the most immersive experiences I've ever had. Though I might not have agreed with all Bethesda's choices I can certainly see benefits in them. Still, a massive game deserves a massive score.
  99. Feb 1, 2015
    .mis ming pileesnot ai ofs ming pileesnot as ming pileesnot as ming pileesnot as ming pileesnot as ming pileesnot as ming pileesnot as ming pileesnot as ming pileesnot as ming pileesnot a
  100. Jan 30, 2015
    This game is a masterpiece in my opinion. Took everything you loved about Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion and made it better. I absolutely love that rather than just choosing what skills you want to focus on leveling up you can do perks. You can choose once per level to increase Health, Magic, or stamina. I have a wood elf built stamina and health and I'm addicted to the game and have all theThis game is a masterpiece in my opinion. Took everything you loved about Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion and made it better. I absolutely love that rather than just choosing what skills you want to focus on leveling up you can do perks. You can choose once per level to increase Health, Magic, or stamina. I have a wood elf built stamina and health and I'm addicted to the game and have all the DLC. If you have a PC that can run the game on high or Ultra you'll find the experience playing it incredible. There is so many things to do that you won't ever actually find yourself "bored" in the game. I don't know how to describe the game, I mean it's the fifth in the series, surely you know somewhat how to play. Expand
  101. Nov 11, 2011
    To those who can't believe how somebody could rate this game so low, I know exactly how you feel, about the game and the rating. I couldn't possibly care any less though.:)
    Good WRPG is all about choices/options and involved/enjoyable character development. An epic, well written story helps as well. This game does not have any of this.
    With a large world to explore, it first felt like a
    With a large world to explore, it first felt like a lot was possible. Cave exploration, ruin exploration, underwater exploration, fight X creature, find a random town and talk to random denizen, etc. After about 10 hours, it became more obvious that, yeah there is a lot you can do on the side, just none of it was all that interesting. At a certain point it just felt like I was playing offline MMO, in that the game allows you to do so much but it's just done so poorly.
    I know that the graphics aren't the most important part of a game like this but Skyrim don't even look average. I would never be so ridiculous as to say that I would buy a game just based on the visuals, but this game look like heavily moded Oblivion.

1. Feb 29, 2012
  2. Feb 14, 2012
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012