8.2

1. Jul 26, 2013
    Best RPG game i ever played so far, nothing much to say, you have to play this game to understand this.After 10 or 20 hours playing Skyrim you will see only small part of wonders this game have to offer. 10/10
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    One of the best games of 2011 fails on many bugs, glitches etc. Also the storyline is incosistent and the choices are like none here. If they had more time, it could be one of the best games of history.
  3. Jul 24, 2013
    this for me is the best game of all time and i have played 300 games and own over 200

there is every ting in this game you could ever wont from a first person fighter no guns here you have swords axes ect bows shields armours of many kinks just so many you dont just buy them you can make them and gain skill buy making them there are raw materials all over aver the skyrim world not

not just for making armour weapons but for alchemy with plants animals and monsters-dragons ,
    one of the best things for me is you can follow missions as and when you wont or just go of and do what you wont when you wont
    and one other the magic you dont have to be just a fighter or a magician you can be or both and you gain skill from doing so
    eg you use the bow all the time so you will get hi skill in bow attacks and that will just get better the more you use it
    or you use fire attacks all the time you will gain skill in magic attacks and will do more
    its all relevant the more you do some thing the better you get at the thing you do
  4. Jul 24, 2013
    The Elderscrolls always was one of my favourite franchises.
    I wouldnt rate the console version this high but since its the PC version this game can be so much more than what Bethesda actually deliveres.
    Bethesda only gains from their great modding community. The base game already is great but now almost two years after the first release there have so come out so many great mods mods
    The Elderscrolls always was one of my favourite franchises.
    Bethesda only gains from their great modding community.
    mods that are at the level of real DLC. -Quest mods that great spreat stories and superb voice acting. -Texture mods that make better and more detailed textures than any base game. -Utility and UI mods that fill any desire you might have about the UI. -And of course bug fixes all for free
    this is what any modding community wants
    and this is why the PC version is not only better looking but has also so much more content to explore
    I have pent almost 500 hours in this game and if I find new compelling mods and I have the urge to play TES V once more this is because of the great comunity

5. Jul 23, 2013
    I have a love and hate relationship with Skyrim.
    The good part is it have open world, creating your own characters and how it interacts it's environment and other characters the combat is good and surprisingly not awkward, and the theme song of this game is so good.
    Now the BAD part it is glitchy as F****K, the loading screen is long!!, and the story is forgettable! But it is still a
    I have a love and hate relationship with Skyrim.
    But it is still a great GAME!!!!!
    There is so many things to do and i can talk or type about them all
    so go play this game for your self it is worth your money in my OPINION.
  6. Jul 23, 2013
    Perfection of the highest order. I loved TES series before Skyrim and this just culminates everything I love into one game. The story is epic and draws you in. The world is detailed, and the combat is excellent crafted. If you love RPG's or action game, then do not miss this one. No other game has me coming back quite like this one. Everything I turn o the game, even though I've playedPerfection of the highest order. I loved TES series before Skyrim and this just culminates everything I love into one game. The story is epic and draws you in. The world is detailed, and the combat is excellent crafted. If you love RPG's or action game, then do not miss this one. No other game has me coming back quite like this one. Everything I turn o the game, even though I've played ~200ish hours, I always find something new or some new place to explore. Expand
  7. Jul 22, 2013
    Skyrim is certainly a good game, but not perfect. The game has outstanding graphics and a strong lore, but some small glitches can block the player from continuing with the story.

Bethesda really did a good job in putting lots of small details into the game. But that only counts for some parts of the game. The first town the player enters is greatly detailed and the people living in this town, called Riverwood, react to their environment. But the further one goes into the wilderness of the province of Skyrim, the less detailed the town are.
    The environment however is outstandingly good. The environment is very varied and not a single spot in the game, looks like another. The environment contains fast plains and dense forests, small peaceful creeks and wilde rivers. And in this environment many creatures can be found. Also there are many flowers to pick and a lot of animals to hunt.

Skyrim also has good gameplay which does not bore, even after many hours of gameplay. There are many decisions the player can make, which impacts the outcome of a quest. But sometimes the player runs into a glitch which most of the time means that the player has to load an old save and start over. Luckily this is not very common and the game runs mostly without any glitches. The combat mechanics are not into depth and magic seems a little overpowered when the player levels up. The amount of followers a player can have is limited to one and this follower sometimes blocks the player's path. Nevertheless the gameplay is good because of its new features. Like dual wielding weapons, sprinting, better mounts and so on.

The community of Skyrim is a very big community and also should be granted some credits in this review. Many modders enhance the game to an even better experience. They improve the already good graphics, increase the amount of quests and stories and enhance the environment of Skyrim. The vanilla game really is boosted by the great mods available.

In short the game is a very nice production of Bethesda and a game in the series which every Elder Scrolls fan should have played.

+ Good graphics
    + Breathtaking scenery's
    + Great attention to detail
    + Great freedom
    + Big modding community
    +/- Mediocre Gameplay
    - Glitches in quests
  8. Jul 20, 2013
    10. I really liked this game and put in about 225hrs. I almost stopped playing it after my first 30min because I didn't like it. Then I gave it another try and got hooked. I can't wait for the next version in 2015.
  9. Jul 20, 2013
    Ah yes, Skyrim. It`s a good RPG game that you will spend a lot of time on (Played 25 hours, about to start a new playthrough with new DLC). Honestly I liked Oblivion much more then I like Skyrim, I don`t know why. It just feels different. But anyway, if you like RPG games, or are a fan of The Elder Scrolls, definitely pick this game up!
    7..
    If you want all the DLC, and you should get it,
    7..
    If you want all the DLC, and you should get it, then pick up the Legendary Edition!
  10. Jul 20, 2013
    Skyrim is really a masterpiece. Large world, great story and good characters. Improvement over Oblivion in almost every way possible. World is bigger than Oblivion, but still smaller than Daggerfall. RPG system is changed, but i do not think the new system is worse. Skyrim is game of the year for ure.
  11. Jul 19, 2013
    Skyrim is terrible for a multitude of reasons:

- It is layered in glitches. - Almost everything vaguely involving physics instantly screws up. - The controls are far too similar to an arcade game. - Jumping turns you into a glider. - Combat feels like you are playing as a cardboard cutout of a fantasy hero stereotype waving cardboard boxes around your head. - The
    Skyrim is terrible for a multitude of reasons:

- It is layered in glitches.

- Almost everything vaguely involving physics instantly screws up.

- The controls are far too similar to an arcade game.

- Jumping turns you into a glider.

cardboard boxes around your head.

- The graphics are very slightly better than the first game in the series.

- All of the features are unoriginal or stolen.

- It takes you a few hours to walk somewhere, only to find out that it is identical to where you set out
    from

- The plot makes no sense and is unoriginal: You play as someone who is different to everyone else
    for no particular reason.

- The animations just look abysmal.

- The size of this list, just explaining what is wrong with basic features.

Some of the only good features is the absurd possibilities with modding, but even then.
  12. Jul 17, 2013
    "The BEST Elder Scrolls to date". Probably the best RPG of the decade and still have a lot of potential for dlc 's and mods. I look forward to the next Elder Scrolls.
  13. Jul 17, 2013
    Skyrim is a good game, it's not a masterpiece like some people claim, but it is fun. The game lacks in visuals and the combat isn't that in depth either. But to make up for that it has tons of content and a huge open world to explore. All the quests and side quests will keep you engaged for hours. They're not all just "Kill this and bring me a sample of their blood by pressing the actionSkyrim is a good game, it's not a masterpiece like some people claim, but it is fun. The game lacks in visuals and the combat isn't that in depth either. But to make up for that it has tons of content and a huge open world to explore. All the quests and side quests will keep you engaged for hours. They're not all just "Kill this and bring me a sample of their blood by pressing the action button". Instead they have you exploring dungeons, making decisions, fighting off spirits in towns, solving puzzles, and of course fighting. The music in this game is great too. The best part of Skyrim though, is the MOD support. Making the game great.

Even though the game has lots of quests and an engaging world, the bad graphics and poor combat system make the game average, while it could have been great, I can only give it a 7.4. Sure it may sound like a lot but for the hype this game is getting it's considered pretty low.
  14. Jul 16, 2013
    It's really awesome and who don't think it's awesome your a call of duty fan and you like superman 64 and halo and sonic 2006 and e.t for atari 2600 lol
  15. Jul 12, 2013
    The world of Skyrim is beautiful and filled with detail, yet an uninterresting story with evenly boring characters, dated physics and textures, and frustrating combat make this game a bit of a missed chance, overrated as never before, and simply a copy of everything Bethesda already did before.
  16. Jul 11, 2013
    positives: phenomenal graphics, huge open world with lots of cool side missions for PLENTY of gameplay, Beautiful scenery and landscape, well crafted dungeons and lots of skills to choose from, great sound plus freaking dragons !

negatives: Hearing a lot of the same voice actors, main story line wasn't that strong for an RPG (specially of this calibur), gameplay mechanics were outdated and worst they were unbalanced (magic didn't do enough damage endgame plus you died way to quick while with melee types you would become a god (my melee character had light armor duel wield and illusion magic mixed with insane blacksmithing and enchanting i would kill master dragonds on hardest difficulty in like 2 or 3 double sword strikes).
  17. Jul 8, 2013
    Really immersing game with really good graphics and awesome gameplay. Definitely worth the money. I didn't get this game until a while after it was released, and it lived up to my expectations. If you're looking for a good RPG with lots of fun content, Skyrim is your game.
  18. Jul 3, 2013
    my complaints are that absolutely broken stealth system and the face that it is too easy to get rich quick in the end I merely adjusted my gameplay and purposely made it financially harder for my self). The "Epic" battles are pitifully small, and the plots are rather short, other than that the game is pretty good, with solid gameplay and an immersive atmosphere that makes it easy to getmy complaints are that absolutely broken stealth system and the face that it is too easy to get rich quick in the end I merely adjusted my gameplay and purposely made it financially harder for my self). The "Epic" battles are pitifully small, and the plots are rather short, other than that the game is pretty good, with solid gameplay and an immersive atmosphere that makes it easy to get into. It gave me many hours of enjoyment. Expand
  19. Jul 3, 2013
    Being an elder scroll fan myself, and having played Skyrim for over 250 hours. I was definitely caught by the worldwide hype of the game. However, this game is plagued by repetition, compatibility, early release bugs and not to mention the huge anchor on mods.

I must admit, I enjoyed the game heavily first playing it, the soundtrack was amazing, the new interface with the way everything is handled (like dual-wielding and magic spells). But as I played it more and more, things like the disappointing texture quality, or the repetition of the quests got me down. And when I finished the main quest, I didn't feel up to playing the game much more.
    Compared to any other Elder scrolls I couldn't be anything but disappointed in this title, it's dumbed down to such an extent that it's more of a cruise than a challenge, there's a tonne more exploits than previous titles held, and most disappointing of all (in my opinion) is the removal of the class system. It's not only due to the little things like how you have to rest between every level up, but I feel that they've put too much fallout into this game, like the arrival of perks. I like being set onto one type of class, so I can focus on whatever I want, but the system they have here has you easily overcoming all odds, and eventually everyone becomes a super-mage. The faction-war side quest was anticlimactic and could've been improved much more, the way that no one recognized you or didn't care about your progression made the game feel lazy and dull. In fact the interaction with people has deteriorated so much over the course of the elder scrolls that we now have characters that you can't even talk with any more.
    The PC port wasn't great, the menus were obviously meant for consoles and made going through anything a chore. But of course As Always there's a mod for that, I never had a game so dull on its own that it actually needed mods for me to be able to play it. Too bad there's no mods for a cheap difficulty setting that only increases the handicap of the player rather than making enemies more complex or more satisfying to defeat, it's like a combat is a grind until you finish the fight.
    On the other hand Skyrim made a lot of nice additions to the franchise, like the ability to dual-wield, own a house that you can interact with, blacksmithing, a much better magic system, and a better combat system (that is still plagued with the way you have to just grind at the enemy rather than employing different skills and ways of fighting).
    I hope the next elder scrolls has a much better story, progression, interaction, compatibility and a much more complex class system, and maybe smarter AI and less cheap-difficulty.
  20. Jul 2, 2013
    Skyrim is my favourite game so what is there to say, 700 hours of gametime, and counting, and still havent seen anything before that it was oblivion, and before that morrowind.. Next is going to be TES6, im sure of it :)

Thanks to Bethesda for making this game, and a HUGE thanks to the community that keeps developing it :)

Recommended!
  21. Jun 28, 2013
    First of all, huge fan of the Elder Scrolls series played Morrowind extensively and clocked 200+ hours on Oblivion. Despite all it's issues, I've still played Skyrim for 30ish hours so really it is a great game. This review is specific to the broken, terrible console port that is the PC version. Quests repeatedly fail and error messages are constant. I've had two instances where the gameFirst of all, huge fan of the Elder Scrolls series played Morrowind extensively and clocked 200+ hours on Oblivion. Despite all it's issues, I've still played Skyrim for 30ish hours so really it is a great game. This review is specific to the broken, terrible console port that is the PC version. Quests repeatedly fail and error messages are constant. I've had two instances where the game was literally stuck and I had to go in the console to reset quest status. After I got to a glitch in the Assassin's guild quest for which there was no known fix, I said no mas and moved on. It's really a shame too because at this point I've put enough time in where I don't want to start over on Xbox so basically this game is ruined for me.

I really don't know what else to say about this. If you want to enjoy this wonderful game, please do yourself a favor and buy the console copy.
  22. Jun 26, 2013
    It's very hard for me to review this game. I loved Oblivion, which makes this all the more painful.
    Skyrim is just as good as Oblivion. There. I said it.
    Skyrim is EXACTLY as good as Oblivion. I get the feeling that most of Skyrim's raving fans have never played a previous Elder Scrolls game. There's very little progress for the series. Graphics have barely improved, gameplay is
    Skyrim is just as good as Oblivion. There. I said it.
    Skyrim is EXACTLY as good as Oblivion.

There's very little progress for the series. Graphics have barely improved, gameplay is identical, and quests are no more creative than they were in 2006.

For everything Bethesda added in Skyrim, they removed something else. To add more unique spells, they removed spellcrafting. To add dynamic shadows, they removed most of the HDR lighting quality. To add NPCs with more personality, they removed many of the total NPCs, leaving Skyrim barren. To add horse combat, they removed the first person horse camera. Etc. It just continues like this. Every time Bethesda adds something to a sequel, they take away something else. Essentially, Skyrim is the same game I played in 2006, and although I loved Oblivion then, it's not okay to sell the same game year after year.

Morrowind defined the genre in 2002, and 10 years later, Skyrim still hasn't significantly improved. It kills me to do this to a series I still like, but at most, Skyrim deserves an average review. Mods on the PC version are the only reason to buy this game instead of literally any other generic RPG to release in the last 10 years.
  23. Jun 26, 2013
    I swear, this is the best game that I have ever played. Finally, a game can stand on its own without a multiplayer component, which shows that it is still possible to make a solely single player game. It feels like I'm playing an offline, better looking version of World of Warcraft, which is good, because who wants to play with other people, they just get in the way anyway. I haveI swear, this is the best game that I have ever played. Finally, a game can stand on its own without a multiplayer component, which shows that it is still possible to make a solely single player game. It feels like I'm playing an offline, better looking version of World of Warcraft, which is good, because who wants to play with other people, they just get in the way anyway. I have literally put in over 20 hours of game play without putting a dent in the main story, which is phenomenal by the way. Dragons make the game exciting to the point where the game is challenging but not impossible, giving that perfect balance of challenge and experience. Expand
  24. Jun 26, 2013
    As a fan of the Elder Scrolls series Skyrim didn't disappoint and my only real gripe against the game is that fighting dragons does grow old and the main storyline and mages guild (college of winterhold) in particular are to short. That said combat is fun a much needed improvement from Oblivion and Morrowind and the graphics with mods that enhance the many towns of Skyrim are amazing.As a fan of the Elder Scrolls series Skyrim didn't disappoint and my only real gripe against the game is that fighting dragons does grow old and the main storyline and mages guild (college of winterhold) in particular are to short. That said combat is fun a much needed improvement from Oblivion and Morrowind and the graphics with mods that enhance the many towns of Skyrim are amazing.

Skyrim is a far better game on PC than on console not only does it load faster the mods add hours of replayability. Plus you can replace the moon with the DEATH STAR!
  25. Jun 25, 2013
    Ok lets get to the pros and cons of this game
    Pros: Good Landscapes, Some interesting perks, improved combats, arrows shoot further away unlike Oblivion, lots of places to explore, good lore, lots of things to kill, and you get to make your own stuff.
    Ok lets get to the pros and cons of this game
    Cons: Not that good dlcs, guilds are boring, npcs treat you like even though your saving the world from the dragon crisis, boring side quests, there's three decisions you make in the game join dawnguard or the Harkons vampire cult thingy, join the stormcloacks or the Legion, and kill or not kill Paathurnax), companions don't give you perks or anything which is pointless to have them unlike in fallout new vegas where companions do give you perks and xps, they made arrows weight like nothing but flowers weight more, swords and armors last forever apparently which is stupid, removed lots of spells, and puzzles, difficulty are too easy (expect for legendary mode), you get to live in a dumpy ass house with an annoying follower instead of living in a stronghold or a castle, those bandits are weak when you get in higher levels and don't look so scary or try to intimidate you unlike raiders and bandits for the previous elder scrolls, and you cant fail quests and the quest don't give that much details all its says is go to that place and so forth and they even remove class systems as well and lots of skills what the ****
    Despite most the cons i ll give skyrim a 5/10 and i'm pretty sure there lots of good rpg games out there
  26. Jun 24, 2013
    This game is nothing less than a masterpiece. Skyrim offers a huge world that is exciting and awesome to explore. I have enjoyed every moment I've spent playing this game
  27. Jun 24, 2013
    If you needed another recommendation in order to go buy Skyrim, here's one: The Elder Scrolls series of games are the best fantasy roleplaying games on the market. Period. The free-form nature of play, the deep and fleshed-out lore, the top-tier graphics, Skyrim is a fitting continuation of the Elder Scrolls legacy. It's a game you can sink more hours than would seem possible into.
  28. Jun 24, 2013
    This is really good game, but it can be boring at any second. If you like to play more like an action or a story based game... Play Oblivion.. That game is far better.
  29. Jun 22, 2013
    Skyrim is a masterpiece of an RPG. This game has legendary goals and design that have all come to work in the Elder Scrolls 5. You can literally put in 100 of hours without getting slightly sick of the same thing over and over again. Skyrim has amazing graphics, environments, enemy variety, great leveling up system and most importantly, great mechanics that have been improved fromSkyrim is a masterpiece of an RPG. This game has legendary goals and design that have all come to work in the Elder Scrolls 5. You can literally put in 100 of hours without getting slightly sick of the same thing over and over again. Skyrim has amazing graphics, environments, enemy variety, great leveling up system and most importantly, great mechanics that have been improved from Oblivion. I did run into a few bugs now and then but nothing too big to reduce its score, making this game one of the best RPG's ever. I can recommend to this to any who loves RPG or has played other Elder Scrolls. So buy this game, and don't believe any one who says this game deserves less than a 10 out of 10. Other who give this game less than a 10 should be ashamed of themselves, it is truly disgusting to put this game down for a few minor bugs that barely make an appearance. The soundtrack is top notch. Expand
  30. Jun 22, 2013
    A masterpiece in gaming. Insane gameplay, graphics, and world environment. I've replayed it more than any other game. A big bang for your BUCK! I've also played Oblivion, but feel Skyrim was a homerun.
  31. Jun 21, 2013
    The game has this horribly persistent "Failed to initialize renderer" problem that keeps it from starting. No one really knows how to solve it. So much for actually playing it. It might actually be good.
  32. Jun 18, 2013
    This game had the best of the years storyline, game play, combat, crafting, adventure of the year!!! I have played this game several times and it never gets old. The game never ends with the DLC and the mods available for this amazing title. I am a huge fan of this game and the Elder Scrolls, I can't wait for more!
  33. Jun 18, 2013
    I've spend houndreds of hours on this addicting game. One of the few times a PC version is better than the console versions and that is the way it SHOULD be. Steam workshop makes this game have tons of extra fun. But on its own the game is worth your while. If you like a good story or combat system that has tons of choices this is it.

It does have some flaws, and with the steamworkshop

It does have some flaws, and with the steamworkshop you can find other developers who agree with how you think the game should have been to fix what you think were poor balance choices. This makes for an almost ideal experience.

Issues arise with strange glitches at times, however overall the sheer amount of things to do certainly outshines what annoyances you encounter.

A must purchase for mature gamers with a sense of adventure.
  34. Jun 14, 2013
    There are two ways for an RPG to become imminent..Plot and Exploration..Either will guarantee the success if you had reached the peak..TES 5 Skyrim absolutely took the second way, the way Bethesda specialize in..The content in Skyrim can definitely outweigh any of its rivals in this gen..but the flaws in plot prevent it from achieving perfect..However, we saw ambition and ability ofThere are two ways for an RPG to become imminent..Plot and Exploration..Either will guarantee the success if you had reached the peak..TES 5 Skyrim absolutely took the second way, the way Bethesda specialize in..The content in Skyrim can definitely outweigh any of its rivals in this gen..but the flaws in plot prevent it from achieving perfect..However, we saw ambition and ability of Bethesda..From Oblivion to Fallout 3 to Skyrim, they just kept progressing.. Expand
  35. Jun 12, 2013
    This is one of the few games I was happy to pay full price for. I have logged well over 150 hours into this and I'll probably play it again sometime soon. This is one of the greatest games ever made!
  36. Jun 11, 2013
    10- that is all I can say. After over 150 hours of gameplay, and a descent amount of DLC expirience, this game has taken a bulk of my time on the computer. Even if I get tired of the game, it always beings me back after a few months. But this game, it's worth every dollar.
  37. Jun 11, 2013
    I'd rate it a 9.5 and that rounds up to ten so let's get to it.
    Concept: 10/10
    Graphics: 7/10
    Sound: 9/10
    Playability: 9/10
    Entertainment: 10/10
    Total Score: 9.5/10
  38. Jun 11, 2013
    At the moment of writing this I must say I've got nearly 200 hours played within the game.
    The game is a 10 because to me, it's the best RPG ever created. I never tried morowind or oblivion.
    The story in this game, what is that? Let the question sink in for a moment. So what is the story in this game actually? Well how I see it, is that the story is what you decide to do. You

The story in this game, what is that? Let the question sink in for a moment.
    So what is the story in this game actually? Well how I see it, is that the story is what you decide to do. You literally never have to do the "main" story. You do what the heck you want in this open world sandbox rpg. And I love it. In fact I hope more games even MMORPGs do this.

The sound in this game, by Jeremy Soule is really good. Sound/Music in games is actually ridiculously important. I enjoy the music in the game.

Quests in this game is not like other RPGs that I've played. You walk around but you're not talking to an npc and reading 4 paragraphs of text, NO! For instance you walk on the road (like a normal person) and then suddenly you see a woman potentially getting kidnapped by som wild men. And then you help her (or else you're a weird person) and then you get a reward of some sort. Everything is dynamic.

When I say that everything is dynamic, I mean the combat as well. When using a bow for instance, you have to aim at the target. There is also gravity on the arrow (obviously since it's an arrow). You actually have to aim with swords/axes/maces as well. You could even run out of the way. Magic works the same way as bow'n arrow, but there is no gravity that is taking it down, it just fades away.

You have 1000's of quests to do in this fantastic world of skyrim. And also "guilds". The Companions, The Thieves Guild, The Dark Brotherhood and The Mages College of Winterhold. You can join all of them actually, and become the leader in all of them too. I'm not going to give any spoilers of these tho.

The Daedric quests are in my opinion the hardest ones. And they are awesome as well with a lot of stuff to do before you're done with one.

All around a legendary game, if you haven't bought it yet.. Go do it NOW!!
  39. Jun 9, 2013
    The main character of Skyrim is the World. My Favorite thing about all of The Elder Scrolls Games is that they focus on making the world as there number 1 priority. In Skyrim there is no exception, when you travel through Skyrim you believe you are in Skyrim. They allow you to become anything you want and you can do anything you want in the game. It's also a huge plus if you can run theThe main character of Skyrim is the World. My Favorite thing about all of The Elder Scrolls Games is that they focus on making the world as there number 1 priority. In Skyrim there is no exception, when you travel through Skyrim you believe you are in Skyrim. They allow you to become anything you want and you can do anything you want in the game. It's also a huge plus if you can run the game with a PC on Ultra settings with the hi-res pack and extra shadow detail on the trees and rocks. Turn up all the Anti-Aliasing and check FXAA. I also add Morphological Fileting which makes the game even clearer and detailed.This makes a huge difference in the graphics and makes everything into eye candy. Expand
  40. Jun 8, 2013
    With a high spec gaming computer I loved this game, but I think it would be good low, medium or high. The story line is good Subtracting that you do similar quests no matter what side you choose The graphics are one of its high points, its very realistic. The modding community on Steam and Skyrim Nexus makes the after-game of Skyrim even better. You can change the game to what ever youWith a high spec gaming computer I loved this game, but I think it would be good low, medium or high. The story line is good Subtracting that you do similar quests no matter what side you choose The graphics are one of its high points, its very realistic. The modding community on Steam and Skyrim Nexus makes the after-game of Skyrim even better. You can change the game to what ever you want it to be with just a few clicks and a little bit of downloading. I'd recommend this to anyone who likes Fantasy-ish games. Expand
  41. Jun 6, 2013
    I was sceptical about this game when it was released, I didn’t want to be running around with magic and swords but as a big fan of fallout I needed something to quench the thirst of waiting for fallout 4. So I bought this game and played with an open mind, only to find out it is one of the greatest video games I have ever played. So much to love about this game, so detailed, so beautiful,I was sceptical about this game when it was released, I didn’t want to be running around with magic and swords but as a big fan of fallout I needed something to quench the thirst of waiting for fallout 4. So I bought this game and played with an open mind, only to find out it is one of the greatest video games I have ever played. So much to love about this game, so detailed, so beautiful, so dense with plots and stories of this universe. So open to explore and choose your own journey. So many stories to tell and numerous times I have been overwhelmed at the epicness of what things happened to me. Thank you Bethesda. Expand
  42. Jun 6, 2013
    After playing 160 hours of Skyrim I can say one thing for certain about it: "As wide as an ocean, but as deep as puddle". The game world is fully open and contains many many caves, dungeons, cities, creatures, treasures and quests. Within 160 hours of game time over 4 diffrent characters I've burned through no more than 75 of game's vast content (and without the newst DLC There is totalAfter playing 160 hours of Skyrim I can say one thing for certain about it: "As wide as an ocean, but as deep as puddle". The game world is fully open and contains many many caves, dungeons, cities, creatures, treasures and quests. Within 160 hours of game time over 4 diffrent characters I've burned through no more than 75 of game's vast content (and without the newst DLC There is total freedom and you can murder whoever you want, steal whatever you want .This abundance of stuff to do comes with a price though the game is EXTREMELY UNPOLISHED. Quantity over quality is Skyrim's official motto: Dialogues are very poor, quests are short and they are often uninteresting fetch-quests. Bugs are EVERYWHERE. I have the latest steam version AND newest modders community's patch. These are annoying, for example characters firing dialogue at wrong moments, NPCs dissapearing or freezing, terrible balance (i.e dragons killed by shopkeepers), awkward clipping of weapons...there is no end to those little bugs. And there are also major bugs, preventing you from completing quests. All of this really breaks immersion, yes imagination helps to explain the game's broken content but it's not enough for me.
    Combat system is quite meh, every few sword-swing you have to get into menu to drink a health potion or select a diffrent spell (there are hotkeys but too few). Character development is somewhat unique to this game, kinda too simplified but not really a major flaw. The graphics are bearable especially if you use mods.
    Mods are great in this game, they add tons of new content. With mods I'd give this game 7/10 but without it's barely a 6/10 for me. It's time to finally stop playing this game hoping that around the corner there is higher-quality content. After 160 hours trust me there is none.
  43. Jun 4, 2013
    The important thing to remember before you purchase this game, is that it is the exact same game experience as Morrowind and Oblivion. If you eventually got tired of how repetitive those games were, you will probably not get much value out of this game. The one thing this game does offer is tons of repetitious quests, creatures, dungeons, and scenery. You can really feel the age of theThe important thing to remember before you purchase this game, is that it is the exact same game experience as Morrowind and Oblivion. If you eventually got tired of how repetitive those games were, you will probably not get much value out of this game. The one thing this game does offer is tons of repetitious quests, creatures, dungeons, and scenery. You can really feel the age of the basic gameplay system and interactions when you compare it to modern games like Assassin's Creed, Dark Souls, and Dragon's Dogma.

I do not recommend a purchase unless its at bargain prices or you are completely new to Elder Scrolls.
  44. Jun 2, 2013
    The Elder Scrolls Oblivion was the game that got me into the Elder Scrolls. However, Skyrim was the game that made my Elder Scrolls experience perfect. This game is one of my favorite games of all time, if not my all time favorite. Everything, I repeat everything about this game is just perfect. The gameplay, the graphics, the story, the sound, everything is perfect. Skyrim's graphicsThe Elder Scrolls Oblivion was the game that got me into the Elder Scrolls. However, Skyrim was the game that made my Elder Scrolls experience perfect. This game is one of my favorite games of all time, if not my all time favorite. Everything, I repeat everything about this game is just perfect. The gameplay, the graphics, the story, the sound, everything is perfect. Skyrim's graphics are quite possibly the most beautiful thing that I have ever laid eyes upon. Everything is filled to the brim with detail, is very colorful, and just downright beautiful. As for the sound, everything sounds just the way that it should. From the sound of the civilizations of Skyrim, to the wilderness, to the dungeons, to its stunning soundtrack, Skyrim is the most beautiful sounding game on the market. As for the story, that depends on what kind of story you're looking for. There are actually many stories to go along with Skyrim's many quests. Every quest has its own story to it. The main quest is an apocalyptic story line, in which you must slay an all-powerful dragon, in order to prevent the apocalypse. The faction quests all follow the same story line, in which you are the new member of a guild, a villain causes trouble, and you eventually work your way to becoming the leader of the guild. The types of guilds are as follows, The Companions who are the warriors of Skyrim who use brute force to kill their foes, the College of Winterhold who are the witches and wizards of Skyrim, the Thieves Guild which focuses on stealing things from others, and the Dark Brotherhood which are a group of discreet assassins who use stealth to silently kill people. You can do one, or you can do all of them, it's up to you. There are also Daedric Prince Quests which basically have you dealing with gods, and several side quests, which all have their own unique story line to them. For these reasons, the story of this game cannot be criticized, because it is actually several different story lines in one. As for this game's gameplay, prepare yourself. I'd say that the gameplay of this game is the best part of the entire game. Because of this game's open world style gameplay, you can quite literally do whatever you want. You can live your own life in the world of Skyrim. You can own a house, work at a blacksmith forge, and learn new spells just to name a few things you can do. However, if this sounds boring, there is of course far more that you can do aside from this kind of work. You can also spend your days in Skyrim battling monsters, fighting through dungeons, taking over enemy forts, and much more involving combat. Overall, I would have to say that the only real problem that I really have with this game is that it does have a nasty tendency to crash, along with having the occasional glitches such as textures not loading properly, and also things that occur in the game that should not be happening. However, these can all be fixed fairly quickly by a quick restart of the game on the PC version. I don't really have much else to say about this game, other than it is simply magnificent. Skyrim truly is one of the best, if not the best, video games ever made. It is living proof that video games can be art. From its beautiful graphics, to its amazing soundtrack, to its many stories, all the way down to its amazing gameplay, Skyrim is a must-buy, and is deserving of a perfect 10 out of 10. Expand
  45. Jun 2, 2013
    Best game ever,Bethesda once again did a wonderful job.I have 150 hours in it and still haven't completed all quest or discovered all places BEST GAME OF ALL TIME GOOD JOB BETHESDA FOR THE BEST RPG OF ALL TIME.
  46. Jun 1, 2013
    Perfect games do not exist, idiots only give out 10s.

This game is good, but it is ruined by a couple of things, vampires are really weak in this game. There aren't alot of quests only about 100, a small amount of random events. They did a bad job balancing level enemies ratio. I do like the Daedric artifacts however it was a nice touch. The fact that Dragonbone weapons was
    Perfect games do not exist, idiots only give out 10s.

They did a bad job balancing level enemies ratio.

I do like the Daedric artifacts however it was a nice touch.

The fact that Dragonbone weapons was dlc is just bad, since shields were already in the base game.

I think it's kind of idiotic that dragon is the highest lvl armor but daedric is 2nd highest but way more effective.

This game needed some PC love, it's a sloppy console port to spell it out for ya. 1 core low resolution textures. The characters look a bit inhuman at times, some of the women's faces look entirely geometrical at times.

Dragons scale horribly in this game, once you reach lvl 40 it becomes too hard to fight normal monsters even if you upgrade your weapons.

You must rely entirely on exploits if you want to kill anything at high levels, like using the Fus Ro Dah shout because single enemies deal too much dmg.

Voice actors are recycled.

Only a couple of quests are good like the thief's guild quest and the vampire bloodlines dlc.

Smithing is unpractical in this game since theres no mining woodcutting skills, things weigh too much and you usually find yourself finding equipment off of dead bodies anyway.

This game is mediocre at best, nothing close to a masterpiece.

All guards sound the same, many nice looking areas of the game have no quests at all, like the abandoned mill with 1 lady tending to the mill. A room full of cobwebs nothing.

You can't decapitate anyone unless it's scripted with a skill, These scripted finishing moves don't even touch the enemy, it seems like experimental finishing moves. You can jump while you are knocked down, clearly not tested that well before release.

I like archery in this game, except not on horses because they messed up there....

Shield Bashing looks ridiculous they just sped up the animation it is lazy.

No polearms spears.

Lack of Amulets

Only a limited number of magic spells, making melee weapons the strongest in the game.

The dual magic spells stun ruin the game.

Story was bland dungeons are entirely recycled with the exception of 10% of them.

Animations are very stiff for mages enemy taunts.

I am bugged that you can only be a werewolf vampire only once.

This game lacks so many features that Oblivion had, fast travel ruins the game.

Too easy for a RPG. Lack of weapons. Speechcraft is a joke, intimidation is a joke, game is just too easy. You can push dragon priests off cliffs and instant kill them with gravity FFS. Jumping 8 feet in the air will instant kill you. ADD MINING AND WOODCUTTING FLETCHING SKILLS TO MAKE A REAL GAME. AND NO MORE CONSOLE PORTS. 6.8/10
  47. May 31, 2013
    Wow. I really didn't like Elder Scrolls 3 or 4 and could never figure out what all the fuss was about. I always thought Gothic 1 and 2 were WAY better at implementing an immersive open world RPG. To me, Oblivion just seemed bland and repetitive (ie. tower after tower being closed and they all seem to be designed the same way it got tiring for me). Skyrim changed my mind though. IWow. I really didn't like Elder Scrolls 3 or 4 and could never figure out what all the fuss was about. I always thought Gothic 1 and 2 were WAY better at implementing an immersive open world RPG. To me, Oblivion just seemed bland and repetitive (ie. tower after tower being closed and they all seem to be designed the same way it got tiring for me). Skyrim changed my mind though. I think they finally figured it out. The world looks great, the quests are pretty good. It has a nice big playtime on it yet you still feel like you can play it casually in 30 minute chunks. The open world design is fantastic. Traversing the world just feels fantastic, believable, and fun. I haven't seen an open world this well designed since the Gothic games. The factions, races and classes are fun without seeming unnecessary. Yeah it's pretty hard to say anything negative about the game. I will say that as a PC player, I absolutely hated the menu system. It wouldn't have taken that much work to make a nice PC based menu system that doesn't feel like a console system. Or maybe it could have been added in as a menu option in case you wanted to play on PC with a controller. That said, their support of mods has allowed me to add in PC friendly menu systems to replace theirs, so at least I have options and can't really complain, as I'm not locked into it. Thank you Bethesda for a great gaming experience. All the accolades are well deserved. Expand
  48. May 28, 2013
    How to play Skyrim: Accept a quest, fast travel to an area, do one of three things (kill someone, talk to someone, get an item), return to the quest-giver, and get a leveled item and another quest. Repeat.

A nice followup to Oblivion. Fun, but nothing innovative or special.
  49. May 27, 2013
    If it weren't for the incessent and sometimes quest breaking bugs, I'd have rated this higher.
    I did beat the game, but hindsight being 20/20 I realize Bethesda should probably get their together when it comes to programming. I was unable to complete a Daedric item quest because the key NPC just disappears when you enter the quest location. I was unable to ditch an item because it's flagged as a quest item, when I wasn't yet on the quest, but couldn't start the quest because I already had the item. Come on! The lore was great, and the gameplay itself was a blast. But if I had to count the hours of life I essentially wasted because I had to load an earlier save I'd probably cry. When it gets to the point you've got more than 5 save files, not because you want the option to branch in a different direction of the story, but because you want to ensure you have a recent save to go back to when you realize yet again, a quest is broken it gets to the realm of the ludicrous.
  50. May 26, 2013
    Skyrim would've been a great game if it was in the rightful set of hands that truly had the compassion for the Elders Scrolls series. The concept of Skyrim is great, but was very poorly executed. The A.I is terrible. I thought I was in a world where I was surrounded by people who were lobotomized. The animations were poorly done. The followers are useless. Instead of them helping me out ISkyrim would've been a great game if it was in the rightful set of hands that truly had the compassion for the Elders Scrolls series. The concept of Skyrim is great, but was very poorly executed. The A.I is terrible. I thought I was in a world where I was surrounded by people who were lobotomized. The animations were poorly done. The followers are useless. Instead of them helping me out I found myself helping them out because they were being slaughtered by the enemies. Theirs simply not enough control over them. The bugs and glitches are migraine creators, and some can impact quests to which you're unable to complete. Don't bother to ask how to fix it on Bethesda's official help forums because the staffs are way to busy on other things rather than to help you with your technical support needs. On April 15, 2013 Bethesda announced that they're no longer releasing DLCs therefor leaving us with unanswered questions.. Who's the next ruler of Skyrim? What is the deal with the Thalmor? those two are the main ones that needs to be answered. Skyrim needs a well deserve ending, not to be shafted. The Storyline was OK, but not great. I know kids who can create a better story then what was presented to us. The price of this game was outrageous. NOT worth it IMO. Skyrim is an incomplete beta project that should've never been release to the public. Without mods this game would be terrible. The menu's were designed for Xbox users, not PC. Without mods this game would be unbearable to play. I'm very concern for the next Elders scrolls game under Bethesda control. Expand
  51. May 25, 2013
    Skyrim is one of the most immersive and beautiful games that I continue to play regularly. With the sound design, Bethesda obviously spent time. The healing spell sounds crisp and twinkly and the fire sound bold and dangerous. The world is beautiful and richly detailed. The foliage is vast and colorful, creatures are unique (even though standard fantasy), and NPCs actSkyrim is one of the most immersive and beautiful games that I continue to play regularly. With the sound design, Bethesda obviously spent time. The healing spell sounds crisp and twinkly and the fire sound bold and dangerous. The world is beautiful and richly detailed. The foliage is vast and colorful, creatures are unique (even though standard fantasy), and NPCs act naturally...sometimes. Combat is fun and up to level thirty, it feels rewarding. Animations are the best they've been to date and seem fit with the world. Although technical errors are scattered about, the overall beauty, scope, and immersion that Skyrim offers is amazing. Expand
  52. May 23, 2013
    I will keep this short and snappy. Most Immerse game that I have played in a while. The detail is to damn high. You want to keep in going back to the game, its just fantastic! This game is very easy to run at high resolution. Role playing does not feel very unique for some reason, even though you make your own decisions and armour to wear etc. Shouting and shooting fire or frost is soI will keep this short and snappy. Most Immerse game that I have played in a while. The detail is to damn high. You want to keep in going back to the game, its just fantastic! This game is very easy to run at high resolution. Role playing does not feel very unique for some reason, even though you make your own decisions and armour to wear etc. Shouting and shooting fire or frost is so DAMN AWESOME! Nice puzzles that you don't expect but never get boring or dull! Map size is large but not to large with parts of nothing in them(this happens alot in Just Cause 2). I really do think every time I play this the amount of work effort and awesomeness they put into such a amazing title!
    Also, I got the PC version of it purely for Steam Workshop!
  53. May 17, 2013
    This isn't a perfect game lack of memorable characters, lack of really enjoyable missions, the main plot isn't that good. But Skyrim is one of the most beautiful open world RPG out there, just being there and be able to participate in Civil War, build your career in guilds great pleasure!
  54. May 16, 2013
    The only redeeming factor about this product is the soundtrack and endless mods. Bethesda released a very broken and unfinished product w/ countless glitches, bugs and errors. Nearly everything about this game is bland and uninspiring.
  55. May 16, 2013
    Only redeeming factor about this game is the soundtrack and countless mods. The developers released a broken product with countless bugs and errors; leaving it up to the community to finish the game for them. With that said, this game isn't my cup of tea. Sure the atmosphere is very inspiring, and the combat is enjoyable.

However the lore, story, characters, spells, UI, and just about

However the lore, story, characters, spells, UI, and just about nearly everything else is uninspiring and bland. There is really no incentive to continue playing after finishing the main story, the remaining portions of the game are generic in every way.
  56. May 15, 2013
    The problem here is not that it´s bad, it´s just that the game isn´t a true RPG. The story is boring and uninteresting, the characters too, the graphics are ugly but they set the landscapes and mountains in a magic scene so the graphics can be described as: weak graphics that let the world look beautiful. The combat gets repetitive, the merchants are useless because all stuff and weaponryThe problem here is not that it´s bad, it´s just that the game isn´t a true RPG. The story is boring and uninteresting, the characters too, the graphics are ugly but they set the landscapes and mountains in a magic scene so the graphics can be described as: weak graphics that let the world look beautiful. The combat gets repetitive, the merchants are useless because all stuff and weaponry you get from chests. The only real good thing in this game is the world and epic feeling. That´s it. Buy Skyrim get blown away by the setting and world and have fun, yeah it´s fun even if it´s a bad RPG. I can recommend the game to everyone who never played RPG´s before and which want an easy to play one, but don´t expect too much. You will see how bad it is, but then you will also love it and play it 100 hrs. Try it out and build your own opinion! The PC Version is superior but unstable. Many people have problems with lags, the system requirements are a lie. You can´t be sure if it´s running or not. Get it for console if you are a casual. Expand
  57. May 14, 2013
    I love the game trailers but they never said that the game was this good. To make it even better, add some realistic blood and lighting. It really brings out the game.
  58. May 12, 2013
    Hello! Ok this game has been out for a while now and i don't even know how i flicked to this page to read some past reviews of it, but after doing so i was so enraged i had to write my own.

First of all, let me make it abundantly clear, anyone who hasn't scored this game at least a 9/10 is either using a very badly made PC or they are regular users of grade A narcotics. That is all there is to it. On a good spec machine, the graphics are BREATHTAKING, especially some of the outdoor vistas. The various locations used throughout the game are all very atmospheric and the feeling of being immersed is complete.

Second of all, the level of detail and programming that has gone into this game puts any other software developer to shame. Bethesda game studios is one of the last great programming groups, and you only have to see the depth of this game and level of thought that has gone into it to see why. Its not just a game, this level of polish and detail only comes from a labour of love. You can tell the developers really wanted to make this game. Its better than any 10 other games currently out on the market, and whether that is a testament to the quality of Skyrim, or the degraded state of the game industry, i can't call it.

The fact remains, this game is awesome. If for some unknown reason you haven't ever played it yet, do so now and say goodbye to a good few joyful weeks.

Last point. I hear criticisms. Ok, when Skyrim was first released it did have some bad bugs and crashes. However that just shows how enormous the game is in my eyes, and that you can't hope to games test every bug out of a game so large. These bugs were very quickly fixed with a number of patches and the game is now bug free. The other criticism i hear is the minimum number of voice actors that were used.................really? You would mark and otherwise stupendous game down because they didnt use enough different voice actors??? Laughable. Some people just don't get it.

Even if you don't like this game because of the setting or the genre, anyone who tries to mark it down because they don't like it is simply refusing to acknowledge that its a great game. They personally just don't like it. I am sick of hearing references to Oblivion and Morrowind, people saying they were better. No they weren't. They were different, not better. Yes Morrowind was bigger, but it also had various faults that people seem to overlook constantly. Like Skyrim, when it was released it was also riddled with bugs. People are just never happy. I remember people used to slate Oblivion, saying Morrowind was much better. Yet now, apparently Oblivion is the best thing since sliced bread?

Bottom line, this game is awesome. Fact.
  59. May 10, 2013
    it is a shame that because of the lack of open world large scale games and this being many peoples first rpg warrants a near 100 for a score. This game cannot even be called an RPG and deserves maybe a 75 at best. There is no decision making just like in oblivion, terrible dialogue and linear boring quests and repeatable quests that were even worse, poor loot variety once again includingit is a shame that because of the lack of open world large scale games and this being many peoples first rpg warrants a near 100 for a score. This game cannot even be called an RPG and deserves maybe a 75 at best. There is no decision making just like in oblivion, terrible dialogue and linear boring quests and repeatable quests that were even worse, poor loot variety once again including recycled enchanted weapons from previous elder scrolls games. I expected so much more.. this was the biggest disappointment in gaming of 2011 for me bigger than the massive failure that was star wars the old republic. If your a hard core elder scrolls fan this game is a must. I still played the game for over 60 hours but then grew bored as opposed to my hundreds of hours spent in oblivion. I am an objective rpg fan and the elder scrolls series falls a little short for me with including Skyrim. This game is average at best not stellar. Expand
  60. May 9, 2013
    TES V: Skryim open world fantasy RPG that suck You in more than anything and anyone before.
    Let's talk about the main story of this game... Em... Oh, right, dragons and stuff... yeah. Main story is hardly a strong point of this game. It's all about the exploring and side-quests... and with this Skyrim is damn good. Forget about sleep, forget about food, forget about girlfriend/boyfriend there is another cave to explore!

Graphics are good but nothing over the top... but who cares, really? This game is clearly not about graphics.

Soundtrack is good and climatic, gameplay is very enjoyable. This game is damn good.

Of course is has some minuses: the main storyline is short and it will never be the factor that keeps you playing. Characters are forgettable. There are some bugs here and there but patches are made short work from most of them.

And also... Mods support will make You play this game more... and more... and more.
    TES V: Skyrim certainly worth having.
  61. May 8, 2013
    Already played this for about 846 hours, i played this everyday.
    -Pros:
    -Big world to explore
    -Many quest that could burn away your free time
    -Many races
    -Many weapons
    -Good graphics

this is not really a con, but the AI in this game is not the best, but its good.
  62. May 7, 2013
    I don't know about those who say that this game is good nor I know about those who say it is bad, but what I know for sure is that, that this game is a brilliant on the ring of open-ended RPGs.

And maybe those who do not like this game, just are not RPG-type gamers. (This also is the first game, that I've played, whose taste is lasting longer than 150 hours, just sayin') But it

And maybe those who do not like this game, just are not RPG-type gamers.

But it also has it's flaws... (for example, the UI is tottally not from the Skyrim's Lore...)
  63. May 4, 2013
    Good looking. Well acclimated. Maybe a little repetitive soundtrack.
    - It may have around 4 or 5 voice actors for a big map with 7 main cities.
    - The game-play it's average. This game keeps you doped for months... If you don't go exclusively for the main plot missions. In that case, it's kind of short and leaves you pretty anxious. On such a gargantuan map, the plot is short and
    Good looking. Well acclimated. Maybe a little repetitive soundtrack.
    - It may have around 4 or 5 voice actors for a big map with 7 main cities.
    - The game-play it's average.

In that case, it's kind of short and leaves you pretty anxious.
    On such a gargantuan map, the plot is short and predictable.
    And I expected the inventory to be larger, too.
  64. Edd
    May 3, 2013
    Best game I have ever played well fantastic to say I mean it's quite good especially the graphics,music,fight scenes Absolutely good Best game I have ever played well fantastic to say I mean it's quite good especially the graphics,music,fight scenes Absolutely good the best part is when you fight the dragons .
    What I find more fantastic in this game is the magic powers and the
    What I find more fantastic in this game is the magic powers and the weapons (swords,shields,armor) you can create potions,weapons but you need resources to have
  65. May 3, 2013
    As an RPG and a sequel, Skyrim is just a masterpiece.

The plot in the game is set 200years after Oblivion, with a new story and timeline. The game play is just awesome, and as the game is open-world, the gameplay doesn't feel even a bit linear and has an unforgettable experience. The game has leveling up systems but very well developed, and contains only the most important things,
    As an RPG and a sequel, Skyrim is just a masterpiece.

The game has leveling up systems but very well developed, and contains only the most important things, without unnecessary stuff, and is very simple to use it, when you level up simply increase points in your stamina, magicka, or health, and then pick up a perk and increase it, depending on what you want your character to be.

The weapons are just awesome, you have all you want from an RPG, swords, spells, potions, shields, bows, and many others.

The clothes and armors are as well made too, and you can make your weapons stronger and give them magical attributes by using the alchemy, forges and many others.

The story of the game is again well made, when the Dragons return, and are having the leader an evil one, this just makes the game better and more enjoyable.

The quests are well implemented, and are generated in a dynamic way so it doesn't feel that the story is forced.

In the game play the dragon fights are very well implemented, and you have great finishing moves for each kill, doesn't matter is a dragon, human, zombie, and so on.

The physics again are impressive, and feel realistic.

And most important feature of the experience, the shouts. They can be either learned from Greybeards, from walls and others.

The soundtrack? THE SOUNDTRACK?! It's pure awesomeness, the Dragonborn theme the best song I've ever heard in a game, same with the others, Jeremy Soule is a soundtrack genius! Can't say a bad thing about it.

The models and textures again are well made, high resolution an detailed, same with the map props, the lightning and shaders are good, despite on certain object or settings the shadows are looking weird.

So after all this, Skyrim is a masterpiece and really one of the best games ever, which met the highest expectations, and even surpassed them.
  66. May 2, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played and I've been playing for 30 years. The game is great and the user mods make it amazing. So detailed and so delicious! Yes, there are some odd bugs in the game and the main story line at the end (the dragon one) is kind of uneventful, but since I can't give it a rating of 99.9% I will throw them a bone for coming out with DLC's.
  67. May 1, 2013
    I'd give vanilla a 6 and modded skyrim a 9- hence why I leveled it out to an 8.

Vanilla Skyrim was a bit lacking in all categories. The stories (main, guilds, etc) were all shorter than I would have liked and expected, the environment was sparse (creatures/enemies etc), and the immersion wasn't up to par either (skyrim is supposed to be at war but there were no real military clashes).
    I'd give vanilla a 6 and modded skyrim a 9- hence why I leveled it out to an 8.

The TES modding community has always been stellar and skyrim was no different. All but a few of my major complaints were resolved by the mod community.

Skyrim is worth a playthrough once as a vanilla game but the mods make it a great experience.
  68. Apr 30, 2013
    Sure, it contains a lot of bugs, some immersion breakers. This doesn't detract from the fact that there are -very- few rpgs that feel as open as this. It has a huge lifespan for most players, lasting 100s of hours.
  69. Apr 28, 2013
    I am happy that the TES has found a more mainstream acceptance. However, here I'll only be focusing on the parts i didn't like about skyrim, because all the rest has already been covered by others and also reflects in my score.

I don't understand, Did some writers resign from bethesda after oblivion? Skyrim doesn't have the same level of quests as Oblivion had. Most of the side missions and guild missions seemed generic to me. Dark Brotherhood used to be awesome (remember whodunnit from oblivion?) And it seems that the thieves guild has lost all honor. The addition of the civil war quests is a welcome but there is not much impact after you do them.

Despite all of this, skyrim is still a must buy. I just wished my character would have had a more substantial impact on the world
  70. Apr 27, 2013
    Perfectly polished and done. Hasn't been dumbed down- has been made fun, and this is coming from someone who doesn't like fantasy. The game lacks its own personality, but makes up for that with so much content and hidden secrets that after 200 hours I keep finding new things.
  71. Apr 26, 2013
    This game was so much fun if you know how to mod, With that aside The story line's are very buggy and even some of the mechanics are buggy too. But this is kind of expected with Elder Scrolls games because the world is so huge and there is just so much work put into these games but it is just not enough before they release them. Anyhow I really enjoyed hundreds of hours on this game -1This game was so much fun if you know how to mod, With that aside The story line's are very buggy and even some of the mechanics are buggy too. But this is kind of expected with Elder Scrolls games because the world is so huge and there is just so much work put into these games but it is just not enough before they release them. Anyhow I really enjoyed hundreds of hours on this game -1 point for bugs. Expand
  72. Apr 26, 2013
    Good game, nice graphics. I like the authentic skill system, is fair.
    The world is amazing to explore, but this game have so much bug.

I stoped play without finish it, but i belive i will return to play.
  73. Apr 25, 2013
    After sinking over 600 hours into this game I can safely say I got what I paid for.
    The game is packed full of things to do and places to see, the in-game world is massive and full of secrets to find. It's easy to say your just going on for a few minuets but then finding yourself still playing after unintended hours.
    The graphics, while not among the best of 2011 are still very strong

The graphics, while not among the best of 2011 are still very strong and only help in immersing you into the world of Tamriel even more, from the snow covered shores to the dark caverns under the ground. The variety of things to see is rich as well whether that's waterfalls, mountains or old ruined forts. If you own the PC version of the game you can even improve the graphics further with the help of the brilliant modding community. I'd give the graphics a strong 9 out of 10

Now gameplay is something Bethesda have improved over the past Elder Scrolls titles from Morrowind to Oblivion and now given it a further upgrade in Skyrim. While It may not be the best combat system I've ever used it still gets the job done and serves up an interesting perk system to add to the experience, but I believe Bethesda have focused more on the exploring part of the game which I have no problem with, it offers something different to the so linear games we see dominating the market these days.

Continuing on gameplay, you can almost pick up and use anything in this game from buckets to tiny pieces of chalk, this is another great boost to immersion in this game but comes at the price of a few bugs here and there, despite this I'd still give it a solid 9 out of 10

The Soundtrack to this game is simply a masterpiece from the familiar Jeremy Soule (Guild Wars, Morrowind and Oblivion). From just strolling in the plains or fighting in one massive battle, the music is always keeping touch of what's happening on the screen. Jeremy Soule has truly outdone himself with these sweeping scores and easily gets a 10 out of 10 from me.

As for the game being worth the price tag, I couldn't recommend any game further more then Skyrim, no other game can come close to the 600 hours I spent (and still am spending) in this game and it could be a while before another does. 10 out of 10

The menus in this game do what there supposed to do and arrange the catergories of the game nicely, but can be a pain to go through if you have a full inventory, loading screens are also nicely thought out with facts about the lore and tips to enhance the experience, the downside being how long loading can be for consoles or PC's with many mods. 9 out of 10

The main story is interesting I didn't find it quiet as absorbing as Oblivion's but this is more then made up for in the other story lines, something Oblivion didn't for me. The Thieves guild quest line was outstanding and I really enjoyed it with it's many twists and turns, The Dark Brotherhood in similar fashion. The College of Winterhold was good but was far to short and left so many things unanswered, I was left wanting more, with The Companions seeming rather more bland then the rest but still a fun ride. 9 out of 10 here.

In my opinion Skyrim is the best Elder Scrolls game yet, improving on everything it's predecessors got wrong and putting them right.
    While I doubt we will ever get a "Perfect Game" I believe TESV: Skyrim is the closest we may see for a while, I've loved my time in it and can't wait to see what Bethesda have to offer for TES6 so that's why I'm giving Skyrim a 10 out of 10
  74. Apr 25, 2013
    Bethesda stretched themselves too thin with this game, and the result is a game that lacks any depth and is instead is crammed with repetitive and trivial content. Unlike the excellent Fallout 3, there are no significant choices to be made in any of the quests you will undertake. Solutions to most everything will be to kill, and kill some more. There is so much exposition thrown at youBethesda stretched themselves too thin with this game, and the result is a game that lacks any depth and is instead is crammed with repetitive and trivial content. Unlike the excellent Fallout 3, there are no significant choices to be made in any of the quests you will undertake. Solutions to most everything will be to kill, and kill some more. There is so much exposition thrown at you that you will start to lose track of what's going on, and without any truly memorable set piece type quests to back them up, they remain nothing more than exposition. The world, though undeniably large, starts to blend together into an indistinguishable mish-mash of dungeons, forests, and towns. There are hundreds of NPCs, but just like the locations and quests, they are too many and too shallow. There are no branching dialogue trees; most characters will have 3 or 4 topics of conversation. Worst of all is hearing the same 10 or so voice actors spread across the hundreds of NPCs. The art is a mixed bag. The color palette is grey and drab, suitable for the Nordic environment, but it becomes an eyesore over time. There are some great looking environments, such as the dense forests and mountain vistas, however many areas look like they were hurriedly built, such as the northern coastline. The characters look as stiff as ever; both in their procedurally generated faces and their terrible animations... both Bethesda trademark. The music is uniformly excellent, though it can get repetitive hearing the same battle and town themes over and over. Don't get me wrong, there is fun to be had. Play the main quest line and a few of the faction quest lines, and you will get the best of what Skyrim has to offer. Delve any deeper and you will ultimately find a shallow experience devoid of any meaning. Expand
  75. Apr 25, 2013
    After spending hundreds of hours in this amazing universe, i have come to the conclusion, that this game deserves a 10/10. The game is very re-playable. It has tons of quests. Tons of weapons. Tons of interesting characters. Skyrim offers everything you would expect from a RPG. You will probably loose yourself in this game for many hours.
  76. Apr 24, 2013
    This game is truly a masterpiece there is a god and Bethesda is it. Stunning gameplay, stunning graphics and stunning nerd gasms basically stunning all around just make sure you have 3 months to spend becoming one with your monitor. There is one complaint i do have with it is the story first just the whole chosen one idea has never appealed to me and i always view it as kind of a cop outThis game is truly a masterpiece there is a god and Bethesda is it. Stunning gameplay, stunning graphics and stunning nerd gasms basically stunning all around just make sure you have 3 months to spend becoming one with your monitor. There is one complaint i do have with it is the story first just the whole chosen one idea has never appealed to me and i always view it as kind of a cop out of telling a more complicated and interesting story but skyrim is the expectation it still delivers a fantastic story with lots of great characters BUT PLAY ON PC MOD AND 300 PERCENT MORE CONTENT its is well worth it if you can but i'm sure the xbox 360 version is great to. Expand
  77. Apr 24, 2013
    This game is a game that keeps on giving, you can never get bored of playing?? Amazing amazing total badass dragon killing wonder mint

Get it now and play on your own!!! But its not nearly as sad or as lonely as you think lol!!
  78. Apr 23, 2013
    Skyrim, the new epic series for the Elder Scrolls franchise is just amazing. You start the game as a prisoner... Again? Isn't being a prisoner getting old right now? And finally dragons have been added to the Elder Scrolls and that's one of the most things i LOVE about this game! Right after you escape Helgen (i wont spoil what happened there see it in the game yourself you will alreadySkyrim, the new epic series for the Elder Scrolls franchise is just amazing. You start the game as a prisoner... Again? Isn't being a prisoner getting old right now? And finally dragons have been added to the Elder Scrolls and that's one of the most things i LOVE about this game! Right after you escape Helgen (i wont spoil what happened there see it in the game yourself you will already have a wonderful and epic world with just amazing graphics. Its even the start and you can choose your path if you want to be evil, good and even just start exploring this amazing world of Skyrim at the beginning. The world really so free you can do everything you want! I spent hours and hours exploring the world and completing a ton of side quests! The game is gonna just make you play it for countless hours! BUT the horse riding system is so bugged out that you will just waste your money on a horse which will die in about a few seconds of you riding it...Also you can even get married, have kids, a epic house and everything to plots of land and to your very own dragon! And when you help people and you are really good to them they will be willing to follow you and carry out your orders as a return for you being so good for them! I really have much, much more to tell about Skyrim but i just can't say it! Its an amazing game but for some bugs i must give it a awesome 9 out of 10! I really wanted to give it a 10 out of 10 but the bugs just forced me to give it a 9. The game is still so beautiful though and you must buy it NOW if you don't have it! Expand
  79. Apr 22, 2013
    The PC version of Skyrim, combined with the current mods available through Skyrim Nexus or Steam Workshop, is an absolutely stunning game and much better than the original. With mods I can finally get the hardcore RPG experience: adding the need for eat/drink/sleep, exposure to the elements can kill you, no fast travel, horses that actually are useful, companions with their own questlinesThe PC version of Skyrim, combined with the current mods available through Skyrim Nexus or Steam Workshop, is an absolutely stunning game and much better than the original. With mods I can finally get the hardcore RPG experience: adding the need for eat/drink/sleep, exposure to the elements can kill you, no fast travel, horses that actually are useful, companions with their own questlines and personalities, more road signs for navigation, slow the time scale, camping equipment, more armors and weapons... its unbelievable how much the game improves with these additions. If you own a PC and are an RPG fan, you must get this game immediately. If you don't have a PC, go buy one just for this game. Expand
  80. Apr 21, 2013
    Skyrim is by far the best single player first person perspective RPG on the planet.

This game offers a ton of freedom to play your character how you want to play it.

I am so glad to have play Skyrim even though I am from Spain and dont speak so good english.
  81. Apr 21, 2013
    I played this game for 250+ hours and it locked up. The recovery took almost two days and then it did the same thing again! I had my system checked and passed with flying colors! I think it stinks that the company can`t or won`t do anything about this. The game is fantastic while it works. I really enjoyed it while it lasted but will buy nothing from this company again!!!
  82. Apr 19, 2013
    First Elder Scrolls Game I've played and it wants me to delve more into the lore found in other games.
    I have put up about 150-175 Hours of gameplay here ever since the release.
    I have put up about 150-175 Hours of gameplay here ever since the release.

With it's simple yet immersive presentation combined with brand new engine (thankfully it doesn't have bugs and huge errors) The Elder Scrolls Skyrim as definitely a major hit in 2011, with basic sword combat with some really basic attacks but I think this was done to give the player his own style in fighting and creating his own combos in combat, Magic... though I haven't played or started a magic type character that much, it has and shows some good stuff that makes the character develop his own skills in magic whether it's Destruction or some other magic classes like Restoration. Character creation is also unique in it's own way... though, in some cases the NPCs are kindof a rushed but this only happens if like one NPC has the same hair or facial hair (sometimes both). But really now, it's not like you're going to look at and remember every single face of an NPC and ask yourself "Wait, this one looks like that other guy from that other Place." Chances of this happening are pretty slim. Also to add this game is fully loaded with side quests, POIs, challenges and even fun Easter Eggs that are sure fun to poke around with when you're done with the main quests.

(I know it's a little late to do a Review for a game that was released in 2011)
  83. Apr 18, 2013
    The worst game in the TES series. It is ultra boring. I've seen that this game is very popular and i've tried to play this game for like 4 times. Every time after 20 minutes of playing i was falling asleep and then i was deleting the game. My managed to play this game for 6 days, but then he said this game is garbage. Skyrim also has no multiplayer which makes it complete garbage
  84. Apr 16, 2013
    This is an excellent sandbox RPG with wonderful visuals but the game ends there. If you enjoy the real time combat and the crafting you will likely love this game. The story is disjointed and poor but I believe it is necessary to support the sandbox approach. You can wander around all you like and explore many many places. The graphics are enticing so if that is all you need to have funThis is an excellent sandbox RPG with wonderful visuals but the game ends there. If you enjoy the real time combat and the crafting you will likely love this game. The story is disjointed and poor but I believe it is necessary to support the sandbox approach. You can wander around all you like and explore many many places. The graphics are enticing so if that is all you need to have fun then you probably rate this game much higher than me. Personally I am not a fan of the combat system where you need to fire and aim each swing/spell/arrow. I also do not like the leveling system that requires you to advance as many skills as possible. Quest lines force you into crossing moral lines you might not want to cross but there is no alternate path. In general a fun fool around RPG but nothing serious. Bethesda is making the right move to stop this IP. Expand
  85. Apr 16, 2013
    Awsome world full of exploring and amazing locations filled with boring,anonymous characters (tell me names of 5 your favourite characters).Combat is bad (magical atacks are good but normal nah) it is just about clicking on two buttonts without any strategy preparaton or thinking how to strike.There is so much to do i lost in it. We were talking about Skyrim with my schoolmates and i askedAwsome world full of exploring and amazing locations filled with boring,anonymous characters (tell me names of 5 your favourite characters).Combat is bad (magical atacks are good but normal nah) it is just about clicking on two buttonts without any strategy preparaton or thinking how to strike.There is so much to do i lost in it. We were talking about Skyrim with my schoolmates and i asked who had it like me (played skyrim for days enjoying it and then when i had like 40 quests to do i turned it of because i didnt knew where to go first. There is so much good ideas in this game but i think they need better realizaton on them. Expand
  86. Apr 13, 2013
    No tengo experiencia en escribir criticas, pero aquí va.
    The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim, tenia muchas esperanzas al ver el teaser trailer de este juego, al jugarlo, gaste varias horas, el juego en si es divertido, la libertad que tenes es inimaginable.
    No tengo experiencia en escribir criticas, pero aquí va.
    Cosas buenas: Gráficos excepcionales, muy buen estilo de combate, las misiones opcionales son muy divertidas (sobre todo los del gremio de los ladrones y The DarkBrotherhood), y varias son mas divertidas que la historia principal del juego. Las ciudad estan muy bien hechas (excepto Markarth)
    Cosas malas: El voice acting es aburrido, es como si los voice actors estaban muy aburrido cuando grababan sus voces para este juego, la historia era bastante mala, muy predecible, muy aburrida, en varios cutscenes me dormía, la inteligencia artificial de los compañeros que te ayudan es muy horrible, se traban con piedras, y encima se mueren de 2 golpes contra una rata de alcantarilla. Subis de nivel extremadamente rápido y el juego no supone ser un desafió, lo jugué directamente en "master" y la verdad no me supuso ninguna dificultad. Los monstruos no cambian su nivel cuando vos subís a medida que juegas al juego. Osea, un día estas en nivel 2 te encentras un Falmer y capaz te da un poco de pelea, pero cuando estas al nivel 10 o mas, lo vences de 1 o 2 golpes. El Sneaking system da miedo, te sorprenderá lo idiotas que son los NPCs al no verte cuando estas al lado de ellos y no te escuchan.
    Otra cosa horrible son las tierras Skyrim, TOOODO pero TOOODO es nieve y nieve y nada mas que nieve, cerca de Whiterun capaz encentras un bosque verde, pero solo cubre como un 5% del mapa. La peleas contra los dragones es horripilante mente fácil (cuando tendría que suponer ser un desafió), las misiones opcionales como la del gremio de los asesinos o incluso las misiones opcionales comunes son muucho mas interesantes que la historia principal del juego. También el oro, el oro es tan pero TAAAN facil de encontrar, que termine con casi 70000 de oro (llegue hasta nivel 54 por cierto), vas a una ruina enana y en cada vasija encontraras como 20 de oro para arriba mínimo. Y una de las cosas que mas me enojo es el conjuro FrostBite, esta muy overpowered, como un poder novice puede llegar a ser tan poderoso como una de las habilidades expertas en Destrucción?.
    Bueno, capaz lo encuentren divertido, pero comparado con su antecesor, este es muy malo, pero le puse 5 porque aunque tenga varias cosas malas, me divierte un poco todavía, no se si recomendarlo, capaz lo disfrutes, pero por poco tiempo...
  87. Apr 13, 2013
    What is the definition of a good game? The answer is: one that You can play all along and over and over. So this is Skyrim. I have played over 200 h and I am doing it still. I have created lots of characters and visited almost all locations on the map. If You like TES You will love this game, if You like RPG games, this is a title that will take lots of Your free time.
  88. Apr 12, 2013
    An overrated game for sure. I've played it for more than 600 hours but I still don't find this game satisfying. A lot of bugs and the main story sucked a goats scrotum, yummie. It is surely an improvement from Oblivion but this game still isn't enough to reach the crown of RPG's. Skyrim would be better of without without the boring landscape. Yeah, I know it's a part of the Elder ScrollsAn overrated game for sure. I've played it for more than 600 hours but I still don't find this game satisfying. A lot of bugs and the main story sucked a goats scrotum, yummie. It is surely an improvement from Oblivion but this game still isn't enough to reach the crown of RPG's. Skyrim would be better of without without the boring landscape. Yeah, I know it's a part of the Elder Scrolls lore but come on. Sure, it's beautiful in the beginning but the game lacks creative design. A lot of potential but if the game would have had a better story, the game would improve enough for being called a RPG. Now it is a action free roaming sorta game. Bethesda's biggest mistake was the DLC's, the biggest money stealing DLC's ever. Dawnguard and Hearthfire should have been a part of the original Skyrim and Dragonborn was unfinished. Good game but still overrated. Expand
  89. Apr 10, 2013
    Maybe the worst game ever.I played it 80 hours and finally realised that this game is repeating itself it started it at early every cave looks same.Every place is full with same enemies.Why are there enemies in this game when you hit them once and they are dead.I was excited about this game my friends told me this game is being good.When i killed the first dragon I had a feeling ofMaybe the worst game ever.I played it 80 hours and finally realised that this game is repeating itself it started it at early every cave looks same.Every place is full with same enemies.Why are there enemies in this game when you hit them once and they are dead.I was excited about this game my friends told me this game is being good.When i killed the first dragon I had a feeling of success.10 minutes later another dragon.easy to kill.After completing some caves i met another dragon killed it.Now after like 10 hours game play it started to repeat itself.After 5 minutes another dragon.Again after 5 minutes dragon.Same caves same enemies.It started do bore me but i wanted to finish what i have started.I finished this game realising final boss was easier than normal dragons whats up with that.Really boring.Also crashes often.Has very large amount cliches. Expand
  90. Apr 8, 2013
    The best one of The Elder Scrolls series, an epic masterpiece, sure it got bad AI and has it's glitches and bugs but it doesn't take away from this great experience.
  91. Apr 7, 2013
    I would feel simply wrong if id rate this game lower then 10, it is simply epic and i dont know what else to say... It prooves me all over again how important optimizations are for games.. Simply put, game came out, 35 fps in whiterun.... Game now, 60 fps static in whiterun and EVERYWHERE, in ANY situations, with 2k textures, lots and lots of hd retextures, fxaa injector andI would feel simply wrong if id rate this game lower then 10, it is simply epic and i dont know what else to say... It prooves me all over again how important optimizations are for games.. Simply put, game came out, 35 fps in whiterun.... Game now, 60 fps static in whiterun and EVERYWHERE, in ANY situations, with 2k textures, lots and lots of hd retextures, fxaa injector and downsampling... And it is still better looking and better artwork wise then almost/if not every game that gets released or is released nowadays... It prooves me just how so many other companys cant fix their games and just abandon them... I swear john carmack is behind all this.. lol... I hope for lots and lots more patches/dlc´s in the future, hell, id spend every cent on this game..It can still grow so much bigger and can still expanded so, SO much more.. Patch 1.9 just helped push it over the line again.. AND it is only 29.99$ on steam. Another fact that helps pushing it knee-deep is the mod support... Thousands and thousands are out there and they become more hour per hour.. And for completion, my words to this game? AWESOME, in ANY aspect... simple as that!!... Expand
  92. Apr 5, 2013
    Even though the game has its drawbacks the story is quite poor, the quests often tedious and the voice acting sub par this game is still miles ahead of anything out there in terms of an open-world sandbox action RPG. Just the game world size and detail both exteriors and interiors earn this game a 10/10 in my book.
  93. Apr 4, 2013
    At the moment of writing this I have over 86 hours played in this game and still I'm not even near 50% of completion. Dragons, swords, bows, magic, being the chosen one in a land full of mistery, I mean, what else do you need in a game? The gameplay is perfect, the graphics are gorgeous except for the ocassional shadow glitch, but nothing you can't fix with a mod and it has SteamAt the moment of writing this I have over 86 hours played in this game and still I'm not even near 50% of completion. Dragons, swords, bows, magic, being the chosen one in a land full of mistery, I mean, what else do you need in a game? The gameplay is perfect, the graphics are gorgeous except for the ocassional shadow glitch, but nothing you can't fix with a mod and it has Steam Workshop for easy mod installation to make it even longer and better and prettier.

Each DLC is worth every single cent, because it expands the gameplay A LOT, and by A LOT, take my word, I mean several hours more for you to waste on this game. Even though it has the bugs you can expect in a game developed by Bethesda and yes, there are lots of bugs and glitches you DON'T EVEN CARE because THE GAME IS SO AWESOME you'll not be paying attention to the bugs.

A giant map, literally thousands of quests to do, skills to master, monsters to kill, books to read, dragons to slay, spells to learn, and places to explore, from dungeons to towns, a lot of replayability believe me, you won't finish this game with only one character, you will be creating several to choose every single side possible in each conflict and making each choice you can to learn the whole story a magnificent lore, and the amount of mods available, make this game along with its DLCs and expansions one of the BEST GAMES EVER and a MUST BUY, from casual to hardcore gamers.
  94. Apr 3, 2013
    This game pales in comparison to its predecessor, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, particularly in the writing department. Quests are typically short and bland. Each of the guild stories are only about eight quests long, and no, "go brawl with the buxom barbarian" doesn't count. The main story is similarly disappointing.
    Ultimately, Skyrim feels more like a single player MMO than the grand
    Ultimately, Skyrim feels more like a single player MMO than the grand addition to the Elder Scrolls franchise that it's made out to be.
  95. Apr 3, 2013
    This is a fantasy gone wrong. The gameplay is too long, combat sucks, the general plot makes it worst. Only good stuff this has is graphics. Everyone was hyped up about it, made me waste my time. Don't waste your time
  96. Apr 3, 2013
    Before I bought Skyrim, I was wondering what all the fuss was with the Elder Scrolls series. I mean, I'm not the world's greatest RPG fan. I bought the game, and I was instantly absorbed in it. It has a dynamic storyline and an incredible level of immersion I'd never experienced before! A must-have for any gamer.
  97. Apr 3, 2013
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    A very good open-world free roam game allowing players to switch between 3rd Person as well as First Person. The story really engages you in a story plot that makes you feel like a real role-playing person. With nice visuals and movement, one thing i didn't like was the fact that one is unable to fast-travel without crossing a "certain" area before unlocking the destination for fast-travel. Therefore, a lot of walking is done in the earlier missions.
    For a year 2011 game, this has really done a good job and it is recommended for players who enjoy RPGs. (Role Playing Games)

As for the DLCs, there is currently quite some of it, and well worth the price if you liked the game. But i personally doesn't have that much of a patience to complete the whole game, as well as the time needed.

Lastly, don't forget that not many games have "endless" replay-a-bility after completing it. Skyrim provides at least a few hundred hours worth of gameplay and missions, enough to keep you engaged for a really long time if you are really liking the game of course.

9.5/10
  98. Mar 31, 2013
    After playing Oblivion, I can definitely say that Skyrim, although improved in some areas, still has major flaws. First off, it stinks of console gaming. It was designed for the consoles, with the PC gamer being held as a second class citizen. The graphics are no where near where they should be, the quests are uninteresting/ridiculous and the menu is terrible. I feel like everything wasAfter playing Oblivion, I can definitely say that Skyrim, although improved in some areas, still has major flaws. First off, it stinks of console gaming. It was designed for the consoles, with the PC gamer being held as a second class citizen. The graphics are no where near where they should be, the quests are uninteresting/ridiculous and the menu is terrible. I feel like everything was "dumbed down" for those that can't really *get* into a good, deep RPG. Instead, it was directed at the COD players out there (yes, you know who you are) that want INTENSE, ACTION PACKED AWESOME, but without the mystical backing. I'm sorry, but when I become the leader of a guild, I want to feel like I earned it. The quest lines were shallow, rewards for exploration were weak, and the world didn't really come together like it should have, Overall, it wasn't a *bad* experience, but I was definitely disappointed. I would have rated it higher, had it not been the next game in the TES series, but Bethesda I expected better. Expand
  99. Mar 31, 2013
    Okay this is a little hard to understand, but let's start with the positives. Here we go. Skyrim is a great and vast world to explore with quests everywhere. They have improved a lot of things such as smithing, alchemy, and enchanting. Now we go onto the bad. The main quest is far too short and very dull and meaningless and then there are the guilds which are shorter and much worse. HereOkay this is a little hard to understand, but let's start with the positives. Here we go. Skyrim is a great and vast world to explore with quests everywhere. They have improved a lot of things such as smithing, alchemy, and enchanting. Now we go onto the bad. The main quest is far too short and very dull and meaningless and then there are the guilds which are shorter and much worse. Here is a nutshell of all the major guilds. Companions: Short and dull with little to do. College: Short and most of the quests are search and retrieve. Dark Brotherhood: The shortest of all the guilds and where are the cool kills from Oblivion that I was hoping for, oh right there not in Skyrim. Thieves' Guild or should it be called the Followers' Guild, because there is ONE thief quest and it wasn't very good in the first place. Also the storyline of each of these guilds was dull, boring, and at the end nothing special happened. Also at the end of each of these guild and all throughout Skyrim are those MMO quests that have you kill or retrieve something. Sadly most of the quest that I was talking about are kill or retrieve even some of the guild and main quests. There is also no one in the entire game who you can actually like or remember, even your spouse is forgettable. You also feel like everything was for nothing, like you actions didn't change the world at all. The only people who actually talk about your actions are the guards and those are for only joining guilds. There is also the times when an NPC's voice will change. Now we get onto weakness number 2, Combat. The game's combat system is terrible. You basically spam the the attack key with no true challenge in the entire game and that is unless you go on to a harder difficulty and than the game gets even worse. The reason why is it becomes nearly impossible to play a Wizard at the start and everything kills you in ONE hit while you need to hit them at least TEN times. Then there is the leveling system which also pretty poor and this is because it makes the game feel more like a hack and slash than a real RPG. You put perks into skill trees and that is it you can't even get all the perks. Previous Elder Scrolls games had a more RPG feeling to them and who knows why they changed it. Then there are the bugs which ruin the game and defeat any form of progression. The DLC was also terrible, but that isn't the point. Overall the game is worth ONE playthrough. Because you can play the entire game in one playthrough because Bethesda was lazy and didn't put any choices in the game that would affect endings. So this game gets a 6/10 for being so lacking. At first glance I would have given this game a 10/10 easily, but only after two playthoughs do you realize how much of a rip off this game is. My review is very late, but that is only because I sat down to play some Skyrim today, but could not last five minutes. Do not get this game at full price and if you do get it for PC or better yet get Oblivion or Morrowind both of them are cheaper and will keep hold of your attention much longer. Skyrim is by far the worst Elder Scrolls game I have ever played and I do not intend on playing it again. Expand
  100. Nov 11, 2011
    To those who can't believe how somebody could rate this game so low, I know exactly how you feel, about the game and the rating. I couldn't possibly care any less though.:)
    Good WRPG is all about choices/options and involved/enjoyable character development. An epic, well written story helps as well. This game does not have any of this.
    With a large world to explore, it first felt like a
    With a large world to explore, it first felt like a lot was possible. Cave exploration, ruin exploration, underwater exploration, fight X creature, find a random town and talk to random denizen, etc. After about 10 hours, it became more obvious that, yeah there is a lot you can do on the side, just none of it was all that interesting. At a certain point it just felt like I was playing offline MMO, in that the game allows you to do so much but it's just done so poorly.
    I know that the graphics aren't the most important part of a game like this but Skyrim don't even look average. I would never be so ridiculous as to say that I would buy a game just based on the visuals, but this game look like heavily moded Oblivion.

1. Feb 29, 2012
  2. Feb 14, 2012
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012