6.0

1. Dec 18, 2010
    simply unplayable. simply unplayable. simply unplayable. simply unplayable. simply unplayable. simply unplayable. simply unplayable. simply unplayable.
  2. Nov 1, 2011
    I've got to say with all the negative reviews I was wary of trying the game. I've also got to say that I was pleasantly surprised. This is not a perfect game, but it is a very solid one. The Dons view, and the ability to pick and promote members of your family offer a nice, if slight, strategy edge to what is otherwise a slightly above average action game. It's no GTA4 or Mass Effect, but a very fun game nonetheless. If you can pick this up for any system at a bargain bin somewhere I would say it's definitely worth $20 or so. Expand
  3. Feb 16, 2012
    I really saw a lot of potential in this game. The first two thirds, certainly, showed great potential, but in the end it just fell flat. I felt for much of the game i was given a tour of this great game world, but not enough freedom to interact with it. It's a fantastic setting, great characters, music, the feel of everything, but it was just lost potential. Too much time being led around on scipted sequences, driving from place to place, barely any shops or businesses to interact with, and not enough combat or shooting sequences. I think with this setting, they could have made a game to beat grand theft auto. But instead, it seemed like like a lot of polish but not enough under the hood. Expand
  4. Nov 9, 2012
    I had a alright time with the godfather 2. There is however no denying that the game gets extremely repetitive, that the gameplay is unvaried, that the cars drives like **** that the world is small and shallow, that the narrative is lacking, that the action is unsatisfying, that the graphics feels old and dated, that the mission design is a joke, that the AI is a joke and that the game is short (8 hours long). The game is not beyond saving though and at the very least its playable. I had a alright time with it and if you find the game for a cheap buck and you are a sucker for gangster sandbox games you could do worse. I just feel sad for the people who bought this budget-title for full-price. Expand
  5. Jan 21, 2013
    Its pretty much like the previous game, except reskinned to look like the 50's. They should have remade everything from scratch but instead we have the same average looking graphics, repetitive side missions. Decent gameplay, the gunplay is your standard fair but the improvements here is being able to overview the city what stores and businesses can provide something for the family and new made men to recruit into the family. The melee combat is a bit better than before which adds a series of combo's. While this sounds good what lets it all down is the game is ridiculously easy. Theres health potions that fall from every enemy you kill and your health regenerates. You can take over the city on your own you don't even need any made men to come with you...
    Multiplayer is terrible. Its wasted potential.
  6. Aug 24, 2013
    Interesante juego. No es basado en la película casi, pero es divertido. Tiene unos gráficos sólidos y bien logrados. Logra lo que un juego tiene que hacer: Entretener.

1. The Godfather II doesn't trip over the ambition of its design - it balances the different genre aspects extremely well - but nagging graphics issues weigh it down, causing quest characters and family members to disappear or distort in-game and in cutscenes, sometimes requiring me to load old saved games to progress. [Apr 2009, p.82]
  2. It has its moments - managing the family business and conquering the cities one building after another is compelling, as is the decent crime story told within. But this game looks dated, as if the GTA IV never happened. Roaming the city and the brushoffs with the police feel awkward, like an afterthought. [Mar 2009]
  3. The Godfather II is an improvement over its predecessor, though that's hardly a gratuitous compliment. How about this - The Godfather II is surprisingly not as plain as you might have thought it would be, all things considered. [May 2009, p.70]