6.1

1. Nov 1, 2011
    I've got to say with all the negative reviews I was wary of trying the game. I've also got to say that I was pleasantly surprised. This is not a perfect game, but it is a very solid one. The Dons view, and the ability to pick and promote members of your family offer a nice, if slight, strategy edge to what is otherwise a slightly above average action game. It's no GTA4 or Mass Effect,I've got to say with all the negative reviews I was wary of trying the game. I've also got to say that I was pleasantly surprised. This is not a perfect game, but it is a very solid one. The Dons view, and the ability to pick and promote members of your family offer a nice, if slight, strategy edge to what is otherwise a slightly above average action game. It's no GTA4 or Mass Effect, but a very fun game nonetheless. If you can pick this up for any system at a bargain bin somewhere I would say it's definitely worth $20 or so. Expand
  2. T.C.
    Apr 9, 2009
    Not the best, but definitely not the worst, The Godfather 2 is an entertaining sandbox game that plays around (but not in) the film of the same name, with the player being able to travel to 1960's New York, Miami and even Cuba. Aside from the standard third-person game play, the game also adds a management system allowing you to constantly overlook your Underground empire no matter Not the best, but definitely not the worst, The Godfather 2 is an entertaining sandbox game that plays around (but not in) the film of the same name, with the player being able to travel to 1960's New York, Miami and even Cuba. Aside from the standard third-person game play, the game also adds a management system allowing you to constantly overlook your Underground empire no matter where you are. If you thought GTA IV was boring, The Godfather 2 will fill that gap. Expand
  3. ThomasP
    Apr 10, 2009
    Notice how Mister Douglas J spent his entire review doing nothing but bashing Electronic Arts and not actually commenting on the game itself. He is an example of the people that are sucking the life and community out of video games by overlooking the point in front of him and bashing something that is irrelevant to the topic of conversation (aka NERD RAGE WAHHH). Anyway, GF2 is an Notice how Mister Douglas J spent his entire review doing nothing but bashing Electronic Arts and not actually commenting on the game itself. He is an example of the people that are sucking the life and community out of video games by overlooking the point in front of him and bashing something that is irrelevant to the topic of conversation (aka NERD RAGE WAHHH). Anyway, GF2 is an enjoyable game. GTA IV is better graphic-wise, but in terms of sheer enjoyability, GF2 is above it. Mobface is back and has been upgraded, but is somewhat sparse when compared to other games with character customization. The added teamwork and business management focuses are a welcome touch as well. The three locales where the user can interact with could be a bit larger, though. All in all, a short game, but an enjoyable one that also has multiplayer features (I have yet to try it, but I hear that it is alright from my friends). Expand
  4. Aug 24, 2013
    Interesante juego. No es basado en la película casi, pero es divertido. Tiene unos gráficos sólidos y bien logrados. Logra lo que un juego tiene que hacer: Entretener.
  5. May 25, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is not as good as gta iv or the godfather 1 but still nice. The story is average, the man you played as in the first game is being shot dead during the cuba revolution. You take the role as Dominic, the man who takes over the family. The graphics is still good if you play it in 1080p or above, the textures are sometimes actually better than games from 2010. But... the game is rather short and the cool feeling from the first game is missing. The atmosphere is nowhere near the first game, it doesn't feel like I'm driving in New York because it's smaller than little italy in the first game. I get no 60's feeling either, it feels like a modern GTA game with old "fake" cars.

Anyway, I'll give it 10 to raise the metascore a bit.

1. The Godfather II doesn't trip over the ambition of its design - it balances the different genre aspects extremely well - but nagging graphics issues weigh it down, causing quest characters and family members to disappear or distort in-game and in cutscenes, sometimes requiring me to load old saved games to progress. [Apr 2009, p.82]
  2. It has its moments - managing the family business and conquering the cities one building after another is compelling, as is the decent crime story told within. But this game looks dated, as if the GTA IV never happened. Roaming the city and the brushoffs with the police feel awkward, like an afterthought. [Mar 2009]
  3. The Godfather II is an improvement over its predecessor, though that's hardly a gratuitous compliment. How about this - The Godfather II is surprisingly not as plain as you might have thought it would be, all things considered. [May 2009, p.70]