The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing PC

8.2

1. Nov 4, 2014
    An excellent game, much like Diablo 2 and Torchlight. Good story, great combat, superb skill tree, excellent companion mechanics, excellent voice acting, very good graphics (like dungeon siege). Highly recommended.
  2. May 25, 2013
    What a surprisingly awesome game! Wasn't expecting much from it's lackluster title, however seconds into the game I learned that not a single dollar was wasted (speaking of price, I can't believe we are getting such a great looking game for so cheap).
    I've been switching between this and Marvel Heroes, and while they are different games, I'm just glad there is constantly something satisfying my Action-RPG fix that was left in shambles after a somewhat disappointing Diablo 3.
  3. Nov 21, 2013
    Unbelievable what this team has produced and at such an affordable price.. ignore the flamers this game is great fun and a huge value. you can do the best of everything all in one.. they really paid attention to detail.
  4. Jun 6, 2013
    Amazing game! On the one line with torchlight series! Looks brilliant with a sense of humor, tale references. Really recommend this game who completed diablo/titan quest/torchlight series. 10/10
  5. May 29, 2013
    This game is amazing, i read that people are saying it doesn't have shadows. They should be on by default but you can switch them on in advanced graphics settings. It looks quite good.

For the money this is easily a 10 out of 10. Haven't had this much fun in a game since I finished Tombraider and this is much easier to get into. I was never all that pleased with Diablo 3 and this is

I was never all that pleased with Diablo 3 and this is far better and more varied to play. Sure some of the voice a cting is a bit crook but some of it is good too.

It is just fun working out the best way to take down enemies and everything is just so super smooth at 60 fps or above.

I really hope they do add on packs to this game as i would buy them.
  6. Jul 8, 2013
    I picked this little gem up to tide me over for a little bit between big blockbuster releases and it does not disappoint. As far as bang for the buck it's very good. Will it compete with triple A productions like Diablo? No, it will not. However for about 25% of the cost of Diablo you can get a wildly enjoyable game.

The artwork and gameplay are refreshing and I've never seen such

The artwork and gameplay are refreshing and I've never seen such ridiculous hordes of monsters in any action RPG I've ever played. The sheer volume of critters coming at you is mind blowing and there's a surprising degree of depth in the build options and itemization. Crafting is pretty lightweight, but enjoyable and I wasted multiple hours trying to build the perfect weapons in my play through.

It will not have the replayability of multi-characer D3, but it's a solid 10 game for the money.
  7. May 27, 2013
    This is a really good game. Pure APRG gold. I can't believe it's only $15. It's amazing how well polished an ARPG can be when there is only one "class" to balance.
  8. May 25, 2013
    This game was a big shock to me to be honest, and is my surprise package of the year. Solid mechanics, great looting system, interesting skill system that makes for addicting game-play and intense fights. Camera is a bit iffy at times, unable to see enemies from afar when travelling down, apart from that though all round solid game. Must buy for hack and slash fans, and a game consider forThis game was a big shock to me to be honest, and is my surprise package of the year. Solid mechanics, great looting system, interesting skill system that makes for addicting game-play and intense fights. Camera is a bit iffy at times, unable to see enemies from afar when travelling down, apart from that though all round solid game. Must buy for hack and slash fans, and a game consider for others. The difficulty is also well optimised, not too hard but not too easy either, with four difficulties to boot plus hardcore which means game-over once you die for the hardcore gamers! Expand
  9. May 30, 2013
    Nice gameplay, excellent soundtracks, it costs 10€ and it is great RPG experience! Nothing original, but who needs that? Only con is not enough specialization (no professions) You always play just Van Helsing. That also cause you have no temptation to play the game repeatedly.
  10. X0R
    May 26, 2013
    What an awesome hidden gem IMHO this is a perfect game, cheap, actually fun for as much as, or even less, than what I've paid just for DLC on other games. For me, this is what I hoped for from Diablo3, which was overpriced and flooded with bugs and ultimately disappointing to me. The graphics & sound are fine, the gameplay is addictive. I can't wait for updates and future content fromWhat an awesome hidden gem IMHO this is a perfect game, cheap, actually fun for as much as, or even less, than what I've paid just for DLC on other games. For me, this is what I hoped for from Diablo3, which was overpriced and flooded with bugs and ultimately disappointing to me. The graphics & sound are fine, the gameplay is addictive. I can't wait for updates and future content from Neocore Games! Expand
  11. May 25, 2013
    Everything I thought it would be! A great emersive ARPG. Exciting skills, perks ect! I love katarina, she is a great help on your adventure. There are some many cool things to do like enchant your items, forge new items, socket your items, buy new auras! So much about this game is great! With some re-play ability this game would be heavenly, maybe we'll see it in the future. Small bugs butEverything I thought it would be! A great emersive ARPG. Exciting skills, perks ect! I love katarina, she is a great help on your adventure. There are some many cool things to do like enchant your items, forge new items, socket your items, buy new auras! So much about this game is great! With some re-play ability this game would be heavenly, maybe we'll see it in the future. Small bugs but nothing bad enough to even take a point. 10/10 Expand
  12. Jan 29, 2014
    This may not be the most beautiful game ever but it really is an hidden gem. Great art design, fun gameplay, interesting story and a lot of references to movies... I just love the dialogue between Van Helsing and Katarina !
    It really deserves to be known !
  13. May 28, 2013
    Better, cheaper, and longer than Diablo 3. Combat is fluid and fulfilling. The combo system that allows to to customize your abilities is fantastic. Don't miss this game, it is well worth the price.
  14. May 23, 2013
    This game is absolutely golden; despite several poor voice actors (I'm looking at you, Mayor) and awkward typos, the experience is refreshing, unique, and extremely addicting. I've never been more surprised by a game- for $13, I didn't expect an experience rivaling (and surpassing!) top-dollar ARPG's.

Van Helsing is my new hobby, and fixation- I highly advise letting it become yours.
  15. May 23, 2013
    Well Done Neocore! Their Arthur Games had great ideas and great art, but failed in terms of strategic (and tactical) gameplay. This game successfully mimics the ARPG style of Diabolo and Torchlight in grand style. The UI and skill trees are great. Graphics are beautiful. IT WORKS! Pricing the game at $15 was also inspired, not because it is cheap, but because it reflects a realistic entryWell Done Neocore! Their Arthur Games had great ideas and great art, but failed in terms of strategic (and tactical) gameplay. This game successfully mimics the ARPG style of Diabolo and Torchlight in grand style. The UI and skill trees are great. Graphics are beautiful. IT WORKS! Pricing the game at $15 was also inspired, not because it is cheap, but because it reflects a realistic entry point for impuse buying. So many 'full-price' games disappoint. $15 encourages a gamble with an unknown IP. No doubt millions will try it and LIKE what they see. Hope Neocore makes big money with this as a reward for their hard efforts and great work on this title. Thanks for the game. Expand
  16. Aug 27, 2013
    Ok, in the world of hack and slash this game is an absolute gem. I can't fail it at all. It has all:

1. Great enveronments
    2. Fast responsive gameplay
    3. Deep skill tree
    4. Amazing music!!!!
    5. Great sound effects and voice work
    6. Unique universe
    7. Exciting narrative
    8. Price is really TOO low.

Thank you devs for making such an amazing game.
  17. Apr 5, 2016
    After Titan Quest, Sacred, Sacred 2, Torchlight, Torchlight 2, Diablo, etc., I was hesitant to pick this up, and that would have been a big mistake. This is the most fun I've had with a hack n slash in a long time.
    Besides being challenging in all the right ways, it has a fantastic atmosphere and a great sense of humor.
    Highly recommended.
  18. May 26, 2013
    Arpg+ hack and slash, skill tree for both you and your companion attributes ,enchanting crafting, socketing, reputation and combat system that's both fluid and enjoyable i just loved this game and can't wait for a sequel
  19. Dec 2, 2013
    Really a good game. Is not as deep as Diablo, but the gameplay is good, and the number of objects is huge. I really enjoyed the play of this game. I recommend it.
  20. Sep 26, 2013
    Wow! I very impressed! This is really cool game. This game developed with love to details. Gameplay highly balanced. Graphic and art style very stylish and atmospheric. I highly recommend this game for all Hack-n-slash, acton RPG and Diablo fans.
  21. May 25, 2013
    One of a 2-3 games I can give full 10/10 to. The Incredible of Van Helsing has: nice setting (different from being just another fantasy set in nowhere), nice SFX, great voiceover, astonishing visuals and graphics, a lot of sarcasm, very few dungeons (going for open locations instead), curious differences from more traditional ARPGs (such as no monster respawn and consequently, lack ofOne of a 2-3 games I can give full 10/10 to. The Incredible of Van Helsing has: nice setting (different from being just another fantasy set in nowhere), nice SFX, great voiceover, astonishing visuals and graphics, a lot of sarcasm, very few dungeons (going for open locations instead), curious differences from more traditional ARPGs (such as no monster respawn and consequently, lack of farming)

It has its share of minor bugs, but dev team appear to be actively collection feeddback and reports, so I suppose the game will be perfected soon enough
  22. May 28, 2013
    Don't be put off by the bad reviews, i swear you will enjoy this game. I bought it hesitating but i am glad i did. Pretty damn hard but it is really fun!
  23. May 23, 2013
    One of the best Hack' n' Slash game i ever played, the graphics is really awesome, the game is beautiful, the gameplay, history, all!
    I really recommend this game for fan's of Diablo, brings what they missed on D3!
  24. May 23, 2013
    Tons of people praising the game already. I've played all the arpgs worth playing and this game is highly recommended. Any fans of d2,d3,tl1/2, titans quest, and any other such games will be happy with the purchase.
  25. May 23, 2013
    Awesome game. It's like a mix of Diablo 3, Dungeon Siege and Fallout 3 (perk system). You will however mash your mouse to death but it is a hack 'n' slash after all.

Would still be great value at double the price, definitely worth buying.
  26. May 25, 2013
    I was waiting for this game, and it surpassed all my expectations! The music, the atmosphere, the gameplay, the feel of game, it just have all of it.
    Indie developers putting so much effort into their games compared to big companies nowadays, this is why i love indie games and this one is gonna be my personal favourite! 10/10!
  27. May 25, 2013
    Very pleasantly surprised by this game. I bought it based on some decent-looking screenshots on Steam, but was surprised to find engaging story and quests, charming characters, good voice acting, a strong musical score. and really excellent graphics after I messed around with the brightness and saturation some. On launch, there were several bugs, and multiplayer is broken (5/25/13), butVery pleasantly surprised by this game. I bought it based on some decent-looking screenshots on Steam, but was surprised to find engaging story and quests, charming characters, good voice acting, a strong musical score. and really excellent graphics after I messed around with the brightness and saturation some. On launch, there were several bugs, and multiplayer is broken (5/25/13), but the company appears hard at work ironing out these issues. Otherwise, most of the game feels nicely polished.

The story and setting are some of the game's strongest aspects. The world feels like it could be right out of the Witcher novels with an Eastern European allure, and while you don't have any options as far as selecting a character (you are Van Helsing and his side kick Katarina), the game instead develops a story and personality for these particular characters and you feel like you know them through their manner and idiosyncrasies.

The biggest complaints that I have? I want more--more story for these two characters and a larger cast, especially to add some variety to the multiplayer. Four hunters in wide-brimmed hats with four ghost side-kicks is a little absurd.
  28. DMV
    May 25, 2013
    I cannot recommend this game enough to any fans of the hack and slash genre. It is absolutely solid in every aspect of it's delivery, the dialog is fairly witty and rarely annoying, the combat has a substantial amount of depth for customization and the overall atmosphere is wonderful. I should also mention that this is an older styled ARPG in that there are a significant amount of secretsI cannot recommend this game enough to any fans of the hack and slash genre. It is absolutely solid in every aspect of it's delivery, the dialog is fairly witty and rarely annoying, the combat has a substantial amount of depth for customization and the overall atmosphere is wonderful. I should also mention that this is an older styled ARPG in that there are a significant amount of secrets hidden within it, if you pay attention to your environment, and talk to npcs you would otherwise ignore.

Few things though: There is no new game+, and there are a few issues with multiplayer(two patches have landed within the last 2 days, and both seemed to have fixed it for the most part. Rest assured, they're taking care of any bugs, though I ran into little to none.
    The new game+ was mentioned by devs as something they're looking into as they add DLC(free) in the future.
  29. Jun 11, 2013
    A great game for a good price, I very liked playing with it. In my opinion it's better than Torchlight 1 & 2 (who are great too), It's also a good alternative to Diablo III.
  30. Oct 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is absolutely golden; despite several poor voice actors (I'm looking at you, Mayor) and awkward typos, the experience is refreshing, unique, and extremely addicting. Expand

1. Sep 10, 2013
    The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing does in no way tread new ground in the action genre. But it is still atmospheric and sucks you in with it’s combat and loot system. The online mode suffers from many bugs and the adventure does never reach the heights of games like Diablo 3 or Torchlight 2.
  2. PC Gamer
    Aug 16, 2013
    Van Helsing is long and unwieldy, but its schlocky tone prevents it becoming too frustrating of a grind. [Oct 2013, p.65]
  3. Aug 4, 2013
    Overall, I had fun with Van Helsing and it provides a lot of gameplay for a title that can be had for under $20. If Diablo style games aren't your thing, you'll want to give it a pass, but otherwise it's worth adding to your game library.