• Publisher: Funcom
  • Release Date: Nov 16, 2000
8.9

1. Feb 8, 2013
    I feel the need to write something since it seems like most people are just giving this insanely high scores. Why this game has become highly regarded through the years has always been somewhat of a mystery to me it is one of the last big adventure games published in the `90s, and one of the most widely distributed (I think it's large retail footprint, after Sierra Lucasarts had mostlyI feel the need to write something since it seems like most people are just giving this insanely high scores. Why this game has become highly regarded through the years has always been somewhat of a mystery to me it is one of the last big adventure games published in the `90s, and one of the most widely distributed (I think it's large retail footprint, after Sierra Lucasarts had mostly left the adventure game, contribued a lot to it's success, I think).

I don't mind old-school graphics, but they are from a cringe-worthy era of pre-rendered 3d be warned. The gameplay controls also have not-so-bad quirks.

The story was vaguely interesting, and gripping at times, but extremely slow-paced, and long there are definitely good bits here, but relative to other adventure games from Sierra/Lucasarts/Wadjet Eye or even Telltale... I am just baffled by the ratings this gets. There are many more important classic games to play through and ones that have stood up much better.
  2. Oct 25, 2013
    Worst game ever yo. I heard that this one is all about magic, and science and so I tapped it instantly, only to find out that not only you can't blow up stuff with this one, but you don't even have a decent inventory. Instead it's a walk and talk simulator, how boring is that. And whats with the graphics yo, seriously, it's like worse than Counter Strike, how is this even possible, oh myWorst game ever yo. I heard that this one is all about magic, and science and so I tapped it instantly, only to find out that not only you can't blow up stuff with this one, but you don't even have a decent inventory. Instead it's a walk and talk simulator, how boring is that. And whats with the graphics yo, seriously, it's like worse than Counter Strike, how is this even possible, oh my God. I mean look at this, they did not even tried to make it look better, how amatoerish they are. The plus side is that poor people who can't even afford video cards can run it too. 10/10 would play Mass Effect instead, seriously just skip this one guys, even games on my mums ancient iPhone 3 looks better. Expand

1. TLJ is a masterpiece and one of the best Adventures to be released during the past few years. Unfortunately it should be avoided by people who are violently repelled, for themselves or their offspring, by some extremely crude language.
    The powerful story affects you as it unfolds and by the end you will be drained--your life will never be the same again. This game could do to adventure games, what Doom did for the FPS. A must buy for anyone and everyone.
    This game does more than just recreate the nostalgic experience of old school adventure gaming, it actually reinvents how stories can be told in the medium, and gives us a glimpse of what we can expect in the years to come.