6.7

1. SimonF
    Jan 19, 2009
    Might have made 6 if it wasn't for the appalling Camera motion during combat!

Might have made 6 if it wasn't for the appalling Camera motion during combat!

If I was being attacked by 30+ Uruk Hai..... I would like nothing better than to stare at my feet!...What idiot at EA (admittedly a long list of Buffoons to choose from) came up with the mouse camera action in this game?.... You have to constantly move the mouse up, just to keep your eyes on who is coming!

I can't help thinking how much better the LOTR games would have been...If a decent software house like Ubisoft had the licence!

Go back to making boring Golf Games EA!
  2. Mar 5, 2013
    There really isn't much point in getting this game any more. The single player campaign was mediocre at best. It's essentially a Battlefront game with a Star Wars theme although sadly the servers for Conquest are no longer up so you're limited to the lacklustre singleplayer.
  3. Mar 23, 2012
    I have enjoyed this game for a long time, primarily while playing multiplayer. The single player campaign and skirmishes DO leave me wanting more, I confess, but playing split-screen with three other friends can be a truly awesome experience. Not perfect, but fun. :)

In Christ, Jesrin.
  4. EliF.
    Jan 15, 2009
    Well, this game could have been much better than it actually is, but nevertheless it spreads a great LOTR-Feeling. Unfortunately it seems a bit unbalanced so far. The archer for example may kill a dozen enemies without being seen, while the warrior gets ripped down very quickly. I don't really know what to think about this game. In some points im kinda angry, because it could have Well, this game could have been much better than it actually is, but nevertheless it spreads a great LOTR-Feeling. Unfortunately it seems a bit unbalanced so far. The archer for example may kill a dozen enemies without being seen, while the warrior gets ripped down very quickly. I don't really know what to think about this game. In some points im kinda angry, because it could have been a lot better, but still brings a lot of fun. I give 8 points, because the multiplayer-part is really exciting, when playing with friends (soloplay or online-play on public isnt that cool) Play with friends only and you will have a good time playing the conquest. Expand
  5. AnonymousMC
    Jan 15, 2009
    This game is merely OK. The problem is that you want something deeper and more challenging, something that reflects the quality of the source material that it draws from. What you end up with is a rather bland Battlefront clone and no rewards for playing over a long period of time. It's sad that this game is so shallow, but it's still fun though. The graphics are pretty good.
  6. Dec 1, 2011
    For a major Lord of the Rings fan it was quite a let down. Game play was repetitive and clunky. However playing as your favourite races makes up for it (i mean arrowing a pig like orc is boss. Could be better but it fills a nice hole
  7. Aug 8, 2013
    I got this game for my birth day when it came out and I LOVED it. I didn't really care for the campaign all that much, but that isn't what the game was made for, it was made for multiplayer, and it is AWESOME. Think of it like Star Wars: Battlefront but with Lord of the Rings.
  8. Mar 24, 2013
    This game seems to get a bit of a bad rep. However, I believe that this game can be a blast. It is very fun to be playing as your favorites from the Lord of the Rings while fighting in some of the battles from Lord of the Rings in War of the Ring, such as Helm's Deep, Minas Tirith, and Pelennor Fields. There is also the all new evil campaign, which feature Sauron's conquest to take overThis game seems to get a bit of a bad rep. However, I believe that this game can be a blast. It is very fun to be playing as your favorites from the Lord of the Rings while fighting in some of the battles from Lord of the Rings in War of the Ring, such as Helm's Deep, Minas Tirith, and Pelennor Fields. There is also the all new evil campaign, which feature Sauron's conquest to take over Middle-Earth. I believe it is a great custom campaign. Instant action is also a very fun thing to do. You can get into some really fun, intense battles. Check this game out. It gets a bad rep, but it is fun. Expand
  9. Apr 25, 2013
    I'm not gonna lie this game is a total Battlefront 2 re-skin, but it has a truly enjoyable LotR twist to it and the melee was surprisingly good! I like LotR, that may have altered my opinion)
  10. Dec 1, 2015
    I was one of those peoples who got this game in 2009 when it first came out.

"LordOfTheRings: Conquest" was suppose to be a counterpart for the ever so popular "StarWars: Battlefront" games, but everyone quickly noticed it wasn't even close. The game was made by "Pandemic Studios" who are the developers for the Battlefront games, which makes it even more weirder that they would
    I was one of those peoples who got this game in 2009 when it first came out.

The game was made by "Pandemic Studios" who are the developers for the Battlefront games, which makes it even more weirder that they would totally suck at making the same game with different theme.

Not long after the company was defunct by they're mother company EA and no wonder since they only released mediocre games that weren't too popular.

LordOfTheRings: Conquest does have its moments tho where it clearly shines as a good game, however there is more bad ones than good ones.

The combat in the game seems stiff but fun at times due to the weaker enemy types (bots) that fill the battlefield making it look populated around all the real players (This is a feature i haven't yet experienced in any other game and i feel like the system is quite good cause it gives the immersion of a big battles) however the combat (especially the campaign) feels short lived since it can be beaten in just a hour or so.
    The game does offer players a secondary campaign as the evil side, but all it offers is the same game backwards with only 2 or so different maps.
    The game also has familiar hero characters from the movie which is a clear plus, but whenever the text "Would you like to play as a hero" is displayed your only able to choose from 1 specific hero which to me kind of feels limited. The difficulty of the game is also the other aspect that makes it feel bad. Even players who are experienced with these type of games quickly notice that going head on against enemies usually gets you killed since they just maul you to death without letting you do a single attack on them, this makes the archer class probably the best in the game since you can 1 hit kill enemies with a well placed heads shots or shoot bombs that sends everyone flying and since everyone moves the same speed you can run backwards and no one will ever catch you.

In all and all the game is not as bad as it may sound but i wouldn't pay any amount of real money for it since there is no real value with this game.

Its fun with friends for a day but its one of those titles you play once and never look back at it again.
  11. Dec 10, 2016
    All I can say is that this is one of *the* worst in all of the history of games! Game is full of bugs and glitches that totally trash matches...
    if you're planning to play its single player matches then be forewarned! I can easily claim that there isn't and there will never be any unlucky player who has wasted as much time I have on its lousy single player...
    The AI is extremely
    The AI is extremely pathetic, and I'm talking about both sides. For example: The only thing the enemy would do is to target the player non-stop like if you're ever caught in their range, and some attacks( Throwing Axe, Hatchet Bomb, Fire Wall, Poison Arrow and Explosive Arrow) are only meant to fall on the player no matter what. The enemy will target someone else but the launched projectile will come flying towards the player! WTH?!!! I've seen it many times and sometimes it just hits the player miraculously out of nowhere! The Mage's Lightning sometimes might have a chance to go through the wall, so be extra careful... And don't get me started on my own team-mates AI! All they'll do is to look confused most of the time and just keep patrolling the area like some maniac whose hit hard on the head with a blunt weapon... They won't actually kill anything unless you're on it and its HPs are already 90% gone, and with some creepy skill they manage to land the death blow which is the remaining 1% of their HP, thus claiming the kill as theirs, in spite of all the effort you've put in to take it down by yourself... Oh, yeah... and if you're attacked yourself by the enemy, what happens now? Your allies jumping in and coming to the rescue? Of course not! Not only do they do nothing and stay idle when your hit, they also tend to move out of the way so that the long ranged morons can finish you off as well! So much for team work, huh? Most of the time you'll feel like your own teammates are the main reason of your loss, nothing else... Fascinating, hey? And one more thing, the number of classes on each side is way too unbalanced, as the other side(your enemy) is loaded with Mages who *always* keep healing and their guards are *always* up, and Warriors who *always* come straight into action to guard their precious teammates... unlike yours who are *always* a bunch of insignificant loons who do nothing but reduce their own side's performance... can it get any better than this?! I barely receive any heals from my own teammates, as it even got to the point of me circling them like crazy and begging them to raise their almost useless staves in the air... there is no teamwork on your side in any way possible, due to the almost non-existent AI that's somehow shoved up their butts and not in their heads... ( Just a side note, stay away from the Legendary difficulty whatsoever, the AI as it mentions does not improve. You just become weaker and the enemy becomes Superman! Well, ummmm, Supermen everywhere! To sum it up, worst single player matches ever to be seen where you'll become the primary target as soon as you step forth on the battlefield, just BS! And the stupendously horrid Hero Team Death Matches, where the only thing the enemy will zoom in on is you! They'll come chasing after you like some mindless undead freaks! Just stay away from such matches as well. I haven't really tried multiplayer and from the little experience I've had, I could say that I dislike it, due to lag... and most importantly the inability to assign any computer teammates to your cause! Now that would make it jeopardy since both sides will not be even at times!
    The music score however is awesome and kinda gives you a unique feeling though as if you really are engaging in an LOTRs battle! But again due to the aforementioned flaws and terrible and clunky controls, it ejects you right out of the game and back onto your seat. -.-
    The voice-acting is putrid and futile and not to mention overbearing! Frodo will only blabber weird lines like: You can't have it! and what not with his super ear-scratching voice! Or Aragorn, introducing himself 24/7 or that horrible looking Gandalf that just comes out of nowhere and yells: I am Gandalf! Is that so Mr. Douchedalf! I am Got-pissed-off-so-bad-by-your-lame-voice-acting! Pandemic you suck!
    Considering many things, the battles are nothing but a mess, you don't know what you're doing most of the times. The campaigns are just plain dull and uninspiring, if it wasn't for the maps and the environments and the soundtrack, you had no idea that you really were in a LOTRs game at all!

Final words: Game would have been awesome if it wasn't for its lazy and cheap game-designing. The reason I gave it a 2 was only because it can still be played if you're planning to die and kill brainlessly without any actual objective... and yes, if you reallly are a fan of the LOTRs franchise, I suggest that you should give it a try just for the laughs!
  12. Feb 21, 2017
    Being a game it will always come back to and love Lotr Conquest is in my opinion a forgotten gem. I do think if you enjoy movies and you enjoy a good Battlefront vibe I will definitely subject this to you or anyone you know who loves theses universe. The art and graphics are amazing for it's time. The Campaign having a evil version of it really does put a nice twist on the world of MiddleBeing a game it will always come back to and love Lotr Conquest is in my opinion a forgotten gem. I do think if you enjoy movies and you enjoy a good Battlefront vibe I will definitely subject this to you or anyone you know who loves theses universe. The art and graphics are amazing for it's time. The Campaign having a evil version of it really does put a nice twist on the world of Middle Earth. This games does have it faults with instant action be rather pointless and a be dull at times but, playing with friends does make this game all the more enjoyable. Expand

1. Unless you fall in love with the deathmatch modes, the main draw here is the two campaigns - and most gamers will be able to cut their way through both in under five hours. Even if you're a massive fan of the series, we'd advise you to approach this game with caution.
  2. The basic idea behind Conquest is cool: play the largest battles from Lord of the Rings from the perspective of a soldier. The out-of-date graphics, bad class balance and stubborn controls would be no problem if this was a mod for Battlefront or Battlefield, but this is a full price game. The only thing worthy of the big license is the soundtrack and that's available for less.
  3. Very much throwaway gaming, Conquest is wholly lacklustre, devoid of any real purpose, and is a real low point for Pandemic, which after Mercenaries 2 is really saying something. 'Must do better' is a gross understatement.