6.5

1. SimonF
    Jan 19, 2009
    Might have made 6 if it wasn't for the appalling Camera motion during combat!

Might have made 6 if it wasn't for the appalling Camera motion during combat!

If I was being attacked by 30+ Uruk Hai..... I would like nothing better than to stare at my feet!...What idiot at EA (admittedly a long list of Buffoons to choose from) came up with the mouse camera action in this game?.... You have to constantly move the mouse up, just to keep your eyes on who is coming!

I can't help thinking how much better the LOTR games would have been...If a decent software house like Ubisoft had the licence!

Go back to making boring Golf Games EA!
  2. Mar 5, 2013
    There really isn't much point in getting this game any more. The single player campaign was mediocre at best. It's essentially a Battlefront game with a Star Wars theme although sadly the servers for Conquest are no longer up so you're limited to the lacklustre singleplayer.

1. Unless you fall in love with the deathmatch modes, the main draw here is the two campaigns - and most gamers will be able to cut their way through both in under five hours. Even if you're a massive fan of the series, we'd advise you to approach this game with caution.
  2. The basic idea behind Conquest is cool: play the largest battles from Lord of the Rings from the perspective of a soldier. The out-of-date graphics, bad class balance and stubborn controls would be no problem if this was a mod for Battlefront or Battlefield, but this is a full price game. The only thing worthy of the big license is the soundtrack and that's available for less.
  3. Very much throwaway gaming, Conquest is wholly lacklustre, devoid of any real purpose, and is a real low point for Pandemic, which after Mercenaries 2 is really saying something. 'Must do better' is a gross understatement.