6.7

1. Aug 8, 2013
    I got this game for my birth day when it came out and I LOVED it. I didn't really care for the campaign all that much, but that isn't what the game was made for, it was made for multiplayer, and it is AWESOME. Think of it like Star Wars: Battlefront but with Lord of the Rings.
  2. Mar 24, 2013
    This game seems to get a bit of a bad rep. However, I believe that this game can be a blast. It is very fun to be playing as your favorites from the Lord of the Rings while fighting in some of the battles from Lord of the Rings in War of the Ring, such as Helm's Deep, Minas Tirith, and Pelennor Fields. There is also the all new evil campaign, which feature Sauron's conquest to take overThis game seems to get a bit of a bad rep. However, I believe that this game can be a blast. It is very fun to be playing as your favorites from the Lord of the Rings while fighting in some of the battles from Lord of the Rings in War of the Ring, such as Helm's Deep, Minas Tirith, and Pelennor Fields. There is also the all new evil campaign, which feature Sauron's conquest to take over Middle-Earth. I believe it is a great custom campaign. Instant action is also a very fun thing to do. You can get into some really fun, intense battles. Check this game out. It gets a bad rep, but it is fun. Expand
  3. Mar 23, 2012
    I have enjoyed this game for a long time, primarily while playing multiplayer. The single player campaign and skirmishes DO leave me wanting more, I confess, but playing split-screen with three other friends can be a truly awesome experience. Not perfect, but fun. :)

In Christ, Jesrin.
  4. AnonymousMC
    Jan 15, 2009
    This game is merely OK. The problem is that you want something deeper and more challenging, something that reflects the quality of the source material that it draws from. What you end up with is a rather bland Battlefront clone and no rewards for playing over a long period of time. It's sad that this game is so shallow, but it's still fun though. The graphics are pretty good.
  5. EliF.
    Jan 15, 2009
    Well, this game could have been much better than it actually is, but nevertheless it spreads a great LOTR-Feeling. Unfortunately it seems a bit unbalanced so far. The archer for example may kill a dozen enemies without being seen, while the warrior gets ripped down very quickly. I don't really know what to think about this game. In some points im kinda angry, because it could have Well, this game could have been much better than it actually is, but nevertheless it spreads a great LOTR-Feeling. Unfortunately it seems a bit unbalanced so far. The archer for example may kill a dozen enemies without being seen, while the warrior gets ripped down very quickly. I don't really know what to think about this game. In some points im kinda angry, because it could have been a lot better, but still brings a lot of fun. I give 8 points, because the multiplayer-part is really exciting, when playing with friends (soloplay or online-play on public isnt that cool) Play with friends only and you will have a good time playing the conquest. Expand

1. Unless you fall in love with the deathmatch modes, the main draw here is the two campaigns - and most gamers will be able to cut their way through both in under five hours. Even if you're a massive fan of the series, we'd advise you to approach this game with caution.
  2. The basic idea behind Conquest is cool: play the largest battles from Lord of the Rings from the perspective of a soldier. The out-of-date graphics, bad class balance and stubborn controls would be no problem if this was a mod for Battlefront or Battlefield, but this is a full price game. The only thing worthy of the big license is the soundtrack and that's available for less.
  3. Very much throwaway gaming, Conquest is wholly lacklustre, devoid of any real purpose, and is a real low point for Pandemic, which after Mercenaries 2 is really saying something. 'Must do better' is a gross understatement.