8.1

1. Sep 27, 2014
    It was once a good game (around 2010). However, Turbine has not upgraded the graphics/gameplay in years.

The f2p model has dragged this game to 100% mictro-transactions. You will be nickeled and dimed at every turn. The servers are now all dying, and the very few players left and transferring to the last servers with still a population. WB Games chocked its player base to leaving via

The servers are now all dying, and the very few players left and transferring to the last servers with still a population. WB Games chocked its player base to leaving via lack of upgrades and an extremely expensive/aggressive store.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
  2. Aug 21, 2012
    The game is only free to play until level 25 then you must pay for almost everything you want to do, monthly fee plus expansions make this game quite expensive in the long run. You are "allowed" to pursue your epic story line with the only "reward" being you are allowed to view more of the storyline. I've read the books and seen the movies so nothing new in pursuing the epic story line.
  3. Oct 10, 2014
    This game is great way to die from boredom, if that's what you're looking for. Just because it's free to play doesn't mean you have to play it, I much prefer paying Blizzard for WoW as it is much more entertaining than LOTR:Online.
  4. JoshR.
    Apr 30, 2007
    I've read reviews from other people on this page, calling it "fresh" and "original" and it having "new ideas". Ok, then, why does it feel like a complete rip off (albeit a bad one) of World of Warcraft? Don't waste your time with this pathetic heap of garbage.
  5. TonyB.
    May 3, 2007
    This game is designed for mass market appeal, average graphics designed to run on low end hardware, tried but tired wow/everquest type gameplay, just copy the competition and bring in the masses. I agree Turbine tried to inivate with D&D online and the sales were hurt because of this, waiting for Conan/Warhammer.
  6. Ray
    Nov 28, 2006
    I'm not sure what I was expecting from this expansion. I guess more variety in units or more inspired missions, but I just find ROTWK expansion to be downright dull and boring. Just feels like the same rehash like BFME 2. I guess an expansion can't always fixed the problems of the original. Sigh...
  7. TonyR.
    Apr 29, 2007
    Forget about this game if you live in any remote region. I rely on satellite connections for my Internet and the lag made it very jerky..I'm guessing the movement communication to the server works differently than in WoW as it is always very smooth. Random flaky sound crap outs...I'm less than an hour in and I'm already bored with the combat system and annoyed at the text Forget about this game if you live in any remote region. I rely on satellite connections for my Internet and the lag made it very jerky..I'm guessing the movement communication to the server works differently than in WoW as it is always very smooth. Random flaky sound crap outs...I'm less than an hour in and I'm already bored with the combat system and annoyed at the text that is too small to read on my television if I place this on my HTPC....I could go on but I think you get the point I was looking for something to move on from WoW to...this just aint it. Expand
  8. MariusF.
    Apr 23, 2007
    Recipe for an unbearable game? Take one over-saturated fantasy franchise and whisk it with staid MMORPG mechanics. Level treadmill for countless hours, and serve with liberal sprinklings of regret at having wasting your life on mind-rotting garbage like this.
  9. RandyM.
    Apr 28, 2007
    Broken. Utterly broken. I found no joy playing this game. It's simply grind, then grind some more. What next? Oh, more grinding? Dang. An utterly terrible MMO. You want a good MMO? Go play a little game called World of Warcraft. LOTRO was complete trash.

1. With Turbine's long-standing MMORPG expertise powering proceedings and one of the most welcoming communities in gaming, LOTRO presents a stunning and evocative world of Tolkien magic to explore - if you're any kind of fan, it would seem pretty much an essential purchase.
  2. It's absolutely no exaggeration to say that this is far and away the best game for anyone who hasn't played an MMOG before to cut their teeth on. Even more than the familiar universe, the excellent interface and gameplay design Turbine have crafted turn this into an experience which those who have previously avoided the lure of MMOs will find tough to resist.
  3. There's a lot of quests in the game. A lot. In the first ten to fifteen levels alone, you're likely to do 50-100 quests, if not much more. While the game seems to have only a small number of areas available at launch, each area is quite large, and there's a fair amount to do in each area as you progress to level 50.