7.4

1. Aug 16, 2014
    Very much a indie retro type vibe and the usual linear point and click follow the breadcrumb trail type of game. The female voice actors are competent though the male voice actors are just so not. The game sets up a nice style with its primarily black and white effect inter sprinkled with color for a stark visual effect. Overall very slow paced and atmospheric, but really lacks any form ofVery much a indie retro type vibe and the usual linear point and click follow the breadcrumb trail type of game. The female voice actors are competent though the male voice actors are just so not. The game sets up a nice style with its primarily black and white effect inter sprinkled with color for a stark visual effect. Overall very slow paced and atmospheric, but really lacks any form of real tension even when confronted by the bizarre. The sound, music, and graphical style really set the tone well and create a wonderful ambience. Yes you can tell this is a small production on a limited budget, but everything is workable and integrates quite well for the most part. I was surprised how absorbing I found this experience and even before I picked up the gadgets that opened up the game to a whole new level. Expand

1. The Lost Crown has a great, creepy atmosphere, and the presentation is one of a kind. Dark shadows, spectral figures, near constant mist, and chilling sounds are bound to give most folks an uneasy feeling about playing the game at night in a dimly lit room.
  2. The Lost Crown stands head and shoulders above most of the adventure game offerings that have come our way over the last few years and frankly I was saddened when it finally ended.
  3. I think the game would have been much better off concentrating on two or three well developed ghost stories rather than the dozen or so passably interesting ones that are in the game now.