• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Jun 10, 2013
5.5

1. Mar 14, 2014
    This game is pretty bad, but still gets a 5 because its "free". The plot belongs in a garbage can, doesnt even try and attempts to be funny by poking fun of itself but falls far short. The idea of a vast array of custom player made dungeons sounds great, but falls completely flat. Players do not design dungeons to be fun, but to be as frustratingly difficult to deter other players fromThis game is pretty bad, but still gets a 5 because its "free". The plot belongs in a garbage can, doesnt even try and attempts to be funny by poking fun of itself but falls far short. The idea of a vast array of custom player made dungeons sounds great, but falls completely flat. Players do not design dungeons to be fun, but to be as frustratingly difficult to deter other players from attacking. This isnt because players are poor spirited, but because game design encourages you to. Player levels come slowly, making the game extremely grinding. Any attempt to make the game more playable requires a premium pay currency. If this game was balanced, retold and redesigned it would be a 9/10. But instead its a shabby money grabbing dungeon crawler that falls flat fast. Give it a whirl if your bored and dont have anything decent to play. Expand
  2. Oct 5, 2014
    The art is good, and the gameplay is entertaining at low level, but it quickly loses its charm once you realize how it is designed. The design pushes you to either spend huge amounts of time grinding for crafting ingredients, or spend real money in the store. I could forgive this in a completely F2P game, but I paid $40 for the game back in closed beta, so I feel cheated now I've seen whatThe art is good, and the gameplay is entertaining at low level, but it quickly loses its charm once you realize how it is designed. The design pushes you to either spend huge amounts of time grinding for crafting ingredients, or spend real money in the store. I could forgive this in a completely F2P game, but I paid $40 for the game back in closed beta, so I feel cheated now I've seen what the game has become. Whether you Pay2Win or not, castle defense is still unviable, to the point that many of the players who play primary for the "design a castle full of traps" gameplay (myself included) no longer play. I wish I could say I have faith that the developers will improve things, but I don't. They have a history of making changes which even I (a casual player) can see would end badly, such as "open creation". In that change, they removed the old limits on where you could place creatures in your castle. So, obviously, players started putting a whole castle's quota of monsters in the same room. Ubisoft should have realized players would make the obvious optimization after the patch, but they did not. Worse, in a hurried attempt to address hordes of mostly-empty castles, they introduced "attack tickets", which both have silly effects (monsters run away from you instead of attacking you, even while you kill their comrades) and also remove a lot of the skill from castle defense (it is no longer possible to trick or trap the player into pulling a horde of monsters when they only intended to pull a small group). All in all, they spent a lot of developer effort to change the system several times, and ultimately ended up with a system which is less fun and less flexible than the original system. So, I can't suggest this game. If you want a castle-building game where you have to design traps, and want to have some hope of actually killing people, I suggest trying "The Castle Doctrine" instead. Expand
  3. Jun 25, 2014
    This game is a 5 for me because i got fun out of it but now it is getting boring with there not bring out good patches for the game and you get one like once a mouth what is bad plus the frost is a 4 man team but they are betting the might quest team by updating the game quickly what is good for them don't bother wasting your time with this game they just want your money whilst you tryThis game is a 5 for me because i got fun out of it but now it is getting boring with there not bring out good patches for the game and you get one like once a mouth what is bad plus the frost is a 4 man team but they are betting the might quest team by updating the game quickly what is good for them don't bother wasting your time with this game they just want your money whilst you try make a good castle but you can't because they will just make that object crap and attacking castles are boring because they once has the same layout and defending is crap as mostly everyone can bet it with they unbalanced what is deference is **** what can't kill no one and players with they op stuff like nights they can get up to around 7k health what is a joke nothing in the game can kill that just don't bother it more of a play to win game boring this game should be called The Boring Quest For **** Loot. Expand
  4. Oct 13, 2014
    Far too many bugs and imbalances completely ruin the fun, not to mention design flaws like not being able to access your inventory during raids to clear out unwanted items so you don't miss out on epic drops, because your hero will pick up everything. Many silly bugs and mistakes such as not being able to easily equip potions, near constant unable to attack other castle bugs, UI bugs andFar too many bugs and imbalances completely ruin the fun, not to mention design flaws like not being able to access your inventory during raids to clear out unwanted items so you don't miss out on epic drops, because your hero will pick up everything. Many silly bugs and mistakes such as not being able to easily equip potions, near constant unable to attack other castle bugs, UI bugs and latency issues are common place quickly make the game less and less fun and more frustrating.

Another major issue is that this game is P2W regardless of what Ubisoft or the developers have promised, any micro-transactions quickly unbalance the game heavily in the favor of the purchaser, which obviously is a pay to win method making attacking other players castles a huge risk if you don't want to lose crowns.
  5. Feb 28, 2014
    This game is very much still in beta. This may be exclusive to my experience, but about every hour or two, I encounter some game breaking bug that forces me to restart. (Though this has never happened mid-dungeon, or at any time that would have been frustrating). I am actually really liking the streamlined gear/leveling systems, it really lets you get into the experience, rather thanThis game is very much still in beta. This may be exclusive to my experience, but about every hour or two, I encounter some game breaking bug that forces me to restart. (Though this has never happened mid-dungeon, or at any time that would have been frustrating). I am actually really liking the streamlined gear/leveling systems, it really lets you get into the experience, rather than spending a large chunk of your time A/Bing two slightly different helmets, or biting your tongue over which skills to invest in. The developers have tried to sell this game as being quite funny, but this is seeming to be a misstep on their part. Nothing has quite made me laugh yet. It is certainly goofy and charming, which is great, but don't expect any moments to be funny enough to tell your friends. I was expecting very little from the player-made dungeons, as it only incentivize cheap repetitive tactics, but for some reason I cannot quite figure out, they are actually... Pretty good. Just as good as the computer generated dungeons in most any dungeon crawler. This is a game I would recommend that any fan of the genre at least try. it will be hit or miss whether you like it or not, but if it ends up being your thing, it will keep you coming back for more. Expand
  6. Apr 4, 2014
    The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot is a hilarious game that makes fun of games such as WoW. Nobody cares about story in those types of games anymore as everyone has turned there focus onto loot gathering.

At first, I found the game addictive, then it became an endless chore as grinding in this game keeps getting more and more repetitive. This game isn't pay 2 win; almost everything is

This game isn't pay 2 win; almost everything is obtainable as a F2P player except a few cosmetics and potions that boost your xp and loot gain.
  7. Apr 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The professional reviews cover a lot of it, but for me the biggest problems come down to two things: having to self-validate your dungeon every freaking time and the tendency to make the dungeon into a giant trap where one of your wells is hidden that no one can get through without dying.

On the first, it stinks that one class has to make a dungeon impossible for the others, but then your class can make it through too easily, and vice-versa. I do not like that mechanic. Not to mention that if I make it too good, I may have to do the validation multiple times.

On the second, the trick after level 16 is to simply make some jelly walls, surround them with a bunch of targeting fireball traps, add a few spring floors to keep knocking them back, then add a final one that throws them into a bunch of bombs stunned. Instant nearly unbeatable trap, since the slime wall makes it nearly impossible to spring the floor trap without getting thrown because you are moving too slowly. The result are playable (often too playable) castles and ultimately nearly unplayable ones.

The result is frustration and, honestly, no incentive past a certain point to do more with your own dungeons since you can just farm your own wells without bothering to invade anyone else and make your castle absurd.
  8. Oct 14, 2014
    A great concept ruined by irresponsible and greedy management of the sales division,
    progressing thorough the game without paying money is just painful and even few bucks will not do the trick, making it in fact a pay to win. Not that you cannot unlock most of the features just by playing, but it will take minutes to do something with money and days, if not even weeks, to do it for free. Such a divide is unacceptable and in my opinion makes it a pay to win.

Developers admitted that they aim for the 50% victory of attackers at all levels, this produces a lazy nerfing and buffing dance that goes on from patch to patch taking away a lot of the depth the game could have had.

Overall it feels like the team is much more focused in getting money rather than producing a title worth playing and that's a shame.
    I don't recomend you to spend time on this, (and for the love of god, don't spend your money on this)
  9. Mar 19, 2014
    This game's premise was interesting, however, very poorly executed. The game is a cheap (and bad) rip off of Diablo 3. I tried out the mage and the abilities were pretty much just poorly redone mage abilities from D3. Not to mention the UI and the way the loot drops/gold look. 2/10 glad I didn't spend money on this game.
  10. Mar 5, 2014
    The Grinding Quest for Mediocre Loot

First of all, I am playing this game since closed beta, and have around 150 hours poured into it. In closed beta game was kinda ok, they had some bad choices with spending real cash, but I never cared about it and haven't seen it as game-breaking. But, after 15th of February of this year, game got a complete overhaul, they wiped all progress
    The Grinding Quest for Mediocre Loot

In closed beta game was kinda ok, they had some bad choices with spending real cash, but I never cared about it and haven't seen it as game-breaking. But, after 15th of February of this year, game got a complete overhaul, they wiped all progress (which they promised they wont, but screw customers right?) and made this game an insult to anyone who played it.

Game is repetitive, has bad balance and terrible mechanics. Let me explain.

Progression is painfully slow. Amount of cash you need to upgrade your castle is equivalent to raiding 50+ castles for 1 building ( talking about levels 15+).

Their crown system is "worked on" for 2 years now (crowns are something like rating, elo, whatever). They have no clue how to fix it, and never will. For instance, if you have 700 crowns, which means you are not so bad and you've done well with your attacks and defenses, and you attack SAME LEVEL castle with 300 crowns, you will gain 5 crowns for victory, and lose 30 crowns for a loss. This is plainly stupid. On the other hand, if someone lower than you on a ladder (crowns) attacks you, he will lose lets say 10 crowns if he dies, BUT he can grind your castle over and over again, learning all your secrets, and if he win, he can walk out with NET crowns even if he died 15 times in there. Dying after the first time dos NOT remove extra crowns from the attacker.

Monster balance is terrible. I bet you haven't used or seen at least 50% of monsters in game. Why? Because they are useless.

Some visual themes are simply better than others, and they cost real money. Meaning that some traps are harder to see on some visual styles then on another.

Game rewards brain-dead style of castle design. Placing all your monsters in 1 room, supported with tons of traps is most rewarding. ZERO strategy is needed to succeed.

Oh yea. You know how you can win every castle after you learn how traps work and how to avoid them? Aggro all mobs and run back to starting position, they will slowly follow you 1 by 1. You may not get max stars and max crowns for castle, but hey, you will still walk out with gold/life force/crowns.

That brings us to their free build mode, or whatever the hell they call it. Now you can set as many traps as you can in a small area (if they are supported by a generator) and place as many creatures in any room. This means that 99% of all castles in their level bracket are almost identical. There is some kind of soft/hard cap now, so even if you have 40 mobs in 1 room, only certain number of them will activate, while the rest will run away from you till you kill previous ones. This is simply BAD game design.

Oh yea. there is nothing Epic about Epic loot in The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot. Painting a brick purple does not make it epic.

Before Open Beta this game was kinda OK, after OB its down right insulting.

WHOEVER gave this game a good score is part of the dev/promo team or have played it for several hours.

I give it 2/10 because it is actually fun for the first couple of hours.
  11. Feb 28, 2014
    After being unsure about the game after the tutorial, I found myself quickly sucked in. It is a good blend of Diablo-style game play and Dungeon Keeper-like dungeon building. The game is PvP in nature, although you're never directly combating other players. Instead, you are trying to raid player crafted dungeons to steal their resources. I find myself spending hours trying to maximizeAfter being unsure about the game after the tutorial, I found myself quickly sucked in. It is a good blend of Diablo-style game play and Dungeon Keeper-like dungeon building. The game is PvP in nature, although you're never directly combating other players. Instead, you are trying to raid player crafted dungeons to steal their resources. I find myself spending hours trying to maximize the effectiveness of my dungeon. The validation feature forces you to complete your own dungeon before you publish it, so that you can't make it impossible. My best dungeon killed me 5 times before I made it through. Anyone who reviews this game that complains the dungeon creation aspect doesn't allow for enough versatility or difficulty is obviously a trap-laying noob.

There are bugs still, and numerous features could be tweaked or added, but that will presumably come with time.
  12. Mar 25, 2014
    When the knight exclaims “I’m chock full of experiency goodness” he clearly identifies his disconnection from the reality of the player. The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot, a new release from Ubisoft Montreal may offer a wide range of experience, but for me goodness is a bit of a stretch.

The basic story is that a medieval, magical society called Opulencia has been able to find such wealth that they’ve magically floated castles up into the sky. You’ve been employed by an untrustworthy seeming high-powered businessman to engage in the looting of your neighbors. It’s curious to take the heroism out of the process. It’s meant to be funny, your ‘boss’ is constantly making wisecracks, but it left me feeling a little like a malcontent. Not a feeling I’m used to when I’m on an adventure, but more like I’m, in the words of my hero, “taking candy from a really weak baby”.

Epic Loot is a hybrid of gaming formats, incorporating strong elements of adventure in the Torchlight, Diablo vein, and elements of tower defense, as you build up your castle and summon enemies to provide protection. The concept is intriguing, but the execution is sloppy. You begin on the attack, taking your choice of hero to raid nearby castles. This is almost identical to (some would argue a direct rip-off of) Torchlight. You run, you hack and slash and summon, you level up, and kill with satisfaction. But unlike torchlight the maps (the early ones I must admit) are pretty unidirectional. Ok, you are in the confines of a castle, but when the gameplay makes you think ‘Torchlight’ or ‘Diablo’ you automatically start comparing your experience to those benchmarks, and the shortcomings immediately show. “Where should I go now?” is not a question you’ll find yourself asking.

The game is stronger on the defense side, though still imitative. You start with a simple, two room castle. You build and upgrade ‘stations’ (things like an architect’s desk, a summoning portal, a blacksmith) and rooms, and populate the rooms with monsters and traps. Here the game offers a lot of variety and it was where I found the most enjoyment. Online players can ‘challenge’ your castle and try to make off with your loot, as you can do to others.

The online aspect is where some gamers might find satisfaction with Epic Loot. It is well integrated into the gameplay. But I foresee some suffering because of the ‘pay to play’ piecemeal way Ubisoft intends to generate revenue from this game. You pay to unlock heroes, weapons, etc. This format has obviously had a lot of backlash in the gaming community recently, but that said it seems to be persisting. So from a business standpoint Ubisoft may not have missed the mark here. From a gaming standpoint, the mark was several yards to the right. You want to go further? Put in another quarter…

The use of humor in the game is where it might have been pulled together, but instead is driven further apart. It’s a very delicate and thin line one must tread to apply contemporary colloquialisms in an anachronistic environment for the sake of humor. In this writer’s opinion, it MUST be done sparingly. Epic Loot shovels it at you, like you and your hero are digging its grave, and the hero keeps heaving dirt in your face. Your medieval knight constantly complaining to you “My arms are tired, I can’t carry anymore” “I’m strong, but not that strong” doesn’t make me laugh, and certainly doesn’t encourage me to keep running him through the gauntlet. I think “fine, I’ll play torchlight and not listen to the whining”.

The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot is a game that is satisfying only through its borrowing aspects that have been tried and proven by more ambitious gaming endeavors. It’s free to play before it starts charging, and so may be worth checking out, but if you don’t I wouldn’t say you’re missing much.
  13. May 25, 2014
    This game is pretty fun before level 15 or so - you get raid castles, get useful loot frequently, there are new enemies to fight every couple castles. This part of the game deserves a score of 8. It is fun.

However, once you get to level 20 or so, here the game deserves a score of 2. It is simply frustrating, unbalanced and too easily exploitable. Abuses of the spring trap, jelly wall, OP archers all over the place.

As others have pointed out, the idea as of May 25th 2014 is to simply make approach to your throne room as frustrating as possible, then clump most of your monsters in the throne room. It's impossible to beat the clusterf*ck within the throne room and impossible to kite them all out through the traps to the entrance. Once a hero dies in your castle, he can no longer loot your chests at the end.

With this said, as of level 20, all the fun is gone. You need epic or rare loot to stay competitive, so the first 2 loot tiers become vendor trash. Within this epic loot you only want certain traits (confusion, stun), while not others (xp, gold or item quality bonus, reflect damage). It's painful to clean out inventory of trash so frequently, as there's no inventory sort or auto sell option.

The in-game crafting system allows you to combine lower tier items into higher, however the costs of this quickly become extreme (4000k to make a lvl 19 epic, 4500 to reforge a lvl 19 epic). Considering how item creation seems to make items for all classes, it takes truly spectacular amounts of gold to get the gear that is actually useful.

In the end game, everything suddenly become 10x more expensive - castle upgrades start to cost 25-50k gold, while a typical castle may have 3000 available to loot. The NPC castles have about 1700. This forces repetitive grind for truly meager returns. At least Clash of Clans (this game rips all of it game mechanics from there) allowed the user to buy gold and life crystals for real life dollars. So for a couple bucks I can avoid hours of grind. I have not seem such option in this game - it only seems to sell xp/gold boosters that do not really do much.

As people on the forums have pointed out, the new crafting system has depleted the in-game economy of higher tier stashes of gold - people just spent them on upgrades to equipment, so there isn't anything truly spectacular left to loot at higher tiers.

Overall, I"m putting this game on the shelf until some of these exploits get fixed.
  14. Feb 6, 2015
    The basic idea of the game seems great a first (build/defend/attack/loot) but micro-transactions absolutely ruin the experience. This game nickel-and-dimes you, and is made intentionally awful unless you pay to speed it up. The game is a tedious grind by design, unless you pay to reduce the grind. Basically, you either play horrible gameplay, or pay the game to play itself. Disgusting.The basic idea of the game seems great a first (build/defend/attack/loot) but micro-transactions absolutely ruin the experience. This game nickel-and-dimes you, and is made intentionally awful unless you pay to speed it up. The game is a tedious grind by design, unless you pay to reduce the grind. Basically, you either play horrible gameplay, or pay the game to play itself. Disgusting. Any positive reviews you see here are clearly made by the developers themselves. No real gamer would ever condone this trash. Expand
  15. Mar 5, 2014
    This is one of the most addictive free-to-play games I played. Funny too. I didn't need to spend any money on it to be able to build a nice, hard-to-defeat castle. Never experienced any technical issues with the game as well despite the fact it is still beta. There is still a space for improvements though. Co-op and marketplace are two most obvious. And one small - change the sound outputThis is one of the most addictive free-to-play games I played. Funny too. I didn't need to spend any money on it to be able to build a nice, hard-to-defeat castle. Never experienced any technical issues with the game as well despite the fact it is still beta. There is still a space for improvements though. Co-op and marketplace are two most obvious. And one small - change the sound output from the audio option screen would be nice, because when I'm tired with headphones I need to restart the game. Expand
  16. Mar 3, 2014
    Addictive gameplay, the best of 2 worlds Hack and Slash and Tower Defence. Funny F2P, i am eager to find new strategy to kill you all :) Hope the game can get more content such as coop or bigger castle.
  17. Mar 22, 2014
    I have been playing this game for almost 6 months now, since closed beta.

The first thing to realize is that this game is very much a beta. If you are looking for a finished product this is not the game for you. Give it a few months and come back to it if you don't want anything to do with waiting and providing feedback about the current state of the game. There are a few negative
    I have been playing this game for almost 6 months now, since closed beta.

There are a few negative reviews based on current playability of the game, to be fair they have been fixing those errors fairly regularly. There have been patches every 3-4 days fixing and tweaking various things.

The monthly content patch is what I think most people think of when they talk about a patch. MQEL has typically just stocked up their update and released it in something they call Pack's. Those that are new to the game aren't familiar with this, thus the constant outcry of the weekly patches having very little content.

And on now to what the game is actually about:

If you've played any tower defense type game's imagine putting that on a 3d map and instead of fighting off wave's of monsters your goal is instead to fend off other player's that want to steal your Gold.

The game has a multitude of options to customize your Castle and your Hero's with a decent progression. There are some bottle necks you have to over come as upgrading can become very costly. But if you search around you can find some rich neighbors to fill your treasure chests.

You can setup up traps like turrets that shoot fireball's, setup monster's such as a bone skeleton sniper and there are even some boss type bigger monster's you can set down to try to create some epic battle's.

As you play the game further and further you start to notice a lot of players using the same tactics for defense. It's a good and bad thing as once you get more practiced it becomes easier to go and steal your neighbor's loot....

At current there are 3 free Hero's you can choose and you can pay-in to get early access to the newer Hero, which gives you a few extra's as well.

I think as the game progresses and hits a more solid state it will be one of my favorite game's of all time.

Try it out, it's free. Give some feedback on the forums and hang out with the rest of the community and help propel the future of the game. =)
  18. Apr 26, 2014
    Even though the game is in Beta stage, the game has proven to be quite in development and good quality. While I am saddened by people that link, compare and crash this game to other high-quality games like LoL or Diablo, I am actually very satisfied by the way the camera is, the way you move your character and fight, and the way you actually attack/defend.

Plus, there is nothing wrong

Plus, there is nothing wrong with 'grind-to-win'. I hear more people puking at the word 'pay to win' than that you get exclusive content [for free!] by only playing the game already.

This game had a seriously good first-experience on me and I can't wait to see what other content this game brings.
  19. May 15, 2014
    Funny, Easy to learn gameplay, does feel like a Facebook game accept it has a plot.
    But all in all, the gold grinding makes it really irritating to play at times and advance in the game.
  20. Feb 26, 2014
    I have played during the Closed Beta and I am now playing the Open Beta. So far i really like the experience of building my castle and attacking other players. It is very (too) competitive and very difficult to be at the top of the leagues, I believe the dev team will tweak the game during the Open Beta as they improved the game a lot during the Closed Beta.
  21. Mar 3, 2014
    All fun and cool. But there is a terrible aspect. The sheer imbalance! After a few hours of play, to achieve level 15. In the castles of other people instead of monsters people begin to put bombs and traps. And all the fun in prevraschaetsya sad: "I will survive the explosion?". While the developers are not Fixed, I do not think that the game will be popular. Sorry for my english =)
  22. Mar 1, 2014
    Single player, booring, you have to pay for everything, if you want to be good. Don't try this game, realy, time waste. No Co op, no multiplayer... you create a castle, somebody load it from net, and try to destroy it. ****
  23. Mar 3, 2014
    This game has something wich i can't really grasp. The art style and the combat system is well made. I like this aspect of having a home territory wich you can upgrade and defend, but like others say, you will need to grind alot to get sufficient gold for all your upgrades. Equipment upgrades can be achieved by raiding castles wich is a nice aspect. They should integrate a co-op modeThis game has something wich i can't really grasp. The art style and the combat system is well made. I like this aspect of having a home territory wich you can upgrade and defend, but like others say, you will need to grind alot to get sufficient gold for all your upgrades. Equipment upgrades can be achieved by raiding castles wich is a nice aspect. They should integrate a co-op mode though. Playing this game with friends would make it much more fun and then mages can also use healing spells instead of damage spells. Definetly check this game out if you like this genre. And even if you don't like it, just try it, after all it is free. I don't like this genre, but this game sucked me in and i like it. Expand
  24. Feb 27, 2014
    Another prime example of a good concept ruined by bad design. This is what happens when studios design cash-cow games. They take a good concept and butcher it with grinding gameplay that isn't fun nor is it productive for the player. The game isn't pay2win, but there is a massive grindfest that just screams "INVEST" at you because you do have to invest a lot of time and most of that timeAnother prime example of a good concept ruined by bad design. This is what happens when studios design cash-cow games. They take a good concept and butcher it with grinding gameplay that isn't fun nor is it productive for the player. The game isn't pay2win, but there is a massive grindfest that just screams "INVEST" at you because you do have to invest a lot of time and most of that time is wasted by grind mechanics that force you to play endless hours just to get sufficient upgrades of the most basic level for your castle.

If that wasn't bad enough, the game coddles you from the start. It makes decisions for you throughout a good portion of the starting game holding your hand constantly and making decisions for you, such as the decision to publish your ill-prepared castle which makes little sense to me if the game is forcing you to publish your castle.

Validating your castle, which is a fancy way of saying publishing, involves you going through your own castle and testing your defenses for yourself. Sound good right? Here's the kicker... You have to do this EVERYTIME you want to update your castle. That's right, every single time you want to update your castle, you need to go through the process of going through your castle yourself. Of all my time spent playing games, this has to be the worse game design mechanic I've ever seen in any game. It also immediately turned me away from it. The game forces you to do this everytime you need to make changes to your castle, it punishes you severely for it. What on earth processed them to go ahead with this instead of making it optional, god knows ...

When it comes to the traps themselves, they are no better. They are obvious and rather limited in number and there doesn't seem to be a way to customise your own traps. Having obvious traps kinda ruins the whole point of the game really and ends up being a shallow experience. On the other hand, the minion types are numerous as well as the ability to customise them is the only reason, along with the humour, that this game gets a 4 rather than a 3.

Unfortuntely the game is heavily flawed and I don't see it changing much once its out of beta. The concept is good, but the game design is bad.
  25. Apr 25, 2014
    The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot has gotten so much better since the closed beta. All the "Facebook" style mechanics of the game have been removed. Monetization has really taken a turn to the good side, there is now NO pay to win features in the game! The only items that can be purchased in-game are useless cosmetic items and 50% extra gold, xp or life force for 1 hour (which really isThe Mighty Quest for Epic Loot has gotten so much better since the closed beta. All the "Facebook" style mechanics of the game have been removed. Monetization has really taken a turn to the good side, there is now NO pay to win features in the game! The only items that can be purchased in-game are useless cosmetic items and 50% extra gold, xp or life force for 1 hour (which really is nothing). The only thing you may have to purchase is a class but you can pick one of any of the classes for free which is fair enough because they have to make money somehow. +1 to the developers for choosing this monetization path rather than the damn awful "Pay2SaveTime" model. I would highly recommend this game to anyone who is looking for a fun and interesting game to play. Expand
  26. Mar 22, 2014
    This game is pretty fun, a nice way to waste some time. I like the raid and user created castles. I also like how you can design your own castle with a wide array of traps, monsters, and rooms. While the game seems a bit empty at this point, I am hoping that future updates and such bring some new toys I can design with. It does get a little on the repetitive side, but I don't really mind.This game is pretty fun, a nice way to waste some time. I like the raid and user created castles. I also like how you can design your own castle with a wide array of traps, monsters, and rooms. While the game seems a bit empty at this point, I am hoping that future updates and such bring some new toys I can design with. It does get a little on the repetitive side, but I don't really mind. There isn't much difference between raiding castles over and over and grinding on some other game. All around a decent and interesting game! Expand
  27. Apr 6, 2014
    "We will let you build an awesome defense!".... Mumble"It must be defeatable and if anything works we will nerf it."

"After beating your own defense.... In an awesomely good time.... The next guy can take 10 times as long and you get punished for it if he does not die......" Anyone want a medal for just showing up? Buy this game....... Pathetic...... Dont spend money on this

Anyone want a medal for just showing up? Buy this game....... Pathetic......

Dont spend money on this game... I want a refund.....
  28. Mar 3, 2014
    Ce jeu n 'est pas fini . Du même genre que LOL ou d 'autres MOBA la caméra est facilement énervante . Les graphismes restent enfantins et non retravaillés . Le roi est exécrable et pompant . Le jeu est un free to play mais néanmoins un pay to win . Sommairement le jeu reste correct , il est peut être divertissant 1 journée d'ennuie mais on s 'en lassera rapidement , il offre unCe jeu n 'est pas fini . Du même genre que LOL ou d 'autres MOBA la caméra est facilement énervante . Les graphismes restent enfantins et non retravaillés . Le roi est exécrable et pompant . Le jeu est un free to play mais néanmoins un pay to win . Sommairement le jeu reste correct , il est peut être divertissant 1 journée d'ennuie mais on s 'en lassera rapidement , il offre un environnement semblables aux contes de fées ou Disney . Le pourquoi 3 / 10 : ce jeu ne mérite pas la peine d'être téléchargé . Expand
  29. Oct 14, 2014
    Its very good to be a Beta... i hope the final game will be MUCH BETTER!
    Yes, it have bugs and... the monsters don't drop good items but its really fun, i'd played it for hours and i want to keep playing :D
  30. Apr 9, 2014
    Just another free to play pay/grind to win game.
    Do not waste your time on this at all. Just another game where it is all about money. Waste of time!
  31. Apr 24, 2014
    Perfect design.
    Lack some adjustments in the graphics engine, and controls.
    Maybe add some tools of interaction between players.
    Full marks with honors.
  32. Dec 12, 2014
    Extremely addictive, a lot of fun during the first hours of play. Might get a bit repetitive if you spend a lot of time in it but the concept is very enjoyable and most gameplay loops are finely tune, with a not too aggressive F2P monetization. Totally recommendable
  33. May 19, 2014
    All in all, it's a fun, enjoyable experience that's only lacking more selection between charecters. Sure they are available via micro transactions as well as extremely drawn out points gathering process (ala Origin points type system) but at least they could do is have provided more than just 1 class to play for free...

The game is certainly more fun when you play with some friends so

The game is certainly more fun when you play with some friends so you have someone to talk to as well as compete with castle wise.

Give it a chance but remember it's a) still an open beta and b) a free to play. You won't like everything. You'll greatly dislike a couple things. But all in all it's an enjoyable game where most games released lately have been irredeemable..
  34. Sep 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. игра получилась на славу! смесь элементов тавер дефенса и рогалика по типу диаблы удалась как нельзя лучше! Expand
  35. Apr 30, 2015
    Great ideas, extremely poor development team. This game, now officially released and out of beta, is no where near a complete game, and is more or less still in ALPHA stage. The devs even have a road map clearly showing that the games planned core systems are not even in the game yet. (That means the game is still in alpha stage boys and girls.)

The game has updates on a weekly basis

The game has updates on a weekly basis that continually break existing features in an attempt to "balance" the broken mess that currently is MQFEL. If Steam had any form of quality control, this game would never have made it out of Early Access, as it is far from complete.

I can't even comment on the games features, as these get manipulated, broken, or changed on a weekly basis. In the latest patch, the devs released an untested no pathing system that breaks how players control their characters.

So if you plan on trying this game out, I recommend not spending any money until you have witnessed at least one game patch. Chances are they broke your free character, and now can't even progress without buying a second one that will be broken the following week.
  36. Feb 11, 2015
    This game has the worst downloader program in all the games that I have downloaded. Downloader cannot be paused or does not resume download from where it was last haulted. If however case your launcher freezes then when you try to log back in download starts back at 0%.
  37. Mar 8, 2015
    It is a really good game, nut the need for a PM system and a better end game, makes my score to this game, i played it for 4 weeks straight and i think that if they made a 15+ game style more like league of legends with single and random enemies to loot, that you can't choose who are you playing against, some ways to avoid P2W, and a "ELO" system to make the "boss" class not so impossible,It is a really good game, nut the need for a PM system and a better end game, makes my score to this game, i played it for 4 weeks straight and i think that if they made a 15+ game style more like league of legends with single and random enemies to loot, that you can't choose who are you playing against, some ways to avoid P2W, and a "ELO" system to make the "boss" class not so impossible, it could be one of unisofts best games Expand

1. Feb 23, 2015
    The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot is an entertaining game, but it is flawed by some design choices made by the development team. Being a free-to-play with no pay to win surely is a great starting point, but Ubisoft will need to make some extra work to fix some aspects in the future.
  2. Apr 30, 2014
    Quotation forthcoming.
  3. Apr 14, 2014
    This is a fresh experience in the free-to-play scene, even though we need to wait and see whether Ubisoft offers enough support to make our time feel well spent on it.