8.4

1. Dec 10, 2013
    Puzzling, challenging, amusing, and bedazzling.

The story tells the tale of how one dastardly man's insatiable pie-thievery gets himself stuck in time, how his selfish manipulation of time to steal pies recklessly causes disaster to an entire city, and how the same paradoxical journey through time on a quest for pies leads to him unwittingly setting his past wrongdoings right.

It's
    an amazingly humorous game, and the overall atmosphere from both the story, setting and graphical style has a strong Tim Burton-esque feel.

The gameplay of using time paradoxes by manipulating time and abusing clones of your own past self for your own gain offers very unique gameplay and ties in well with the same mischievous humor in the story. The puzzles are fun and gradually becomes more challenging, every chapter of the game also offers a different gimmick to change the mechanics of your time clones.

The to me absolutely most memorable part of this game however, is the extraordinarily fantastic music. The soundtrack is a class of its own, and it sets a perfectly mischievous, mysterious, and adventurous tone for the game. It's cheerful and dark, it's classic and modern, it's like a series of orgasms for your ears.

I have but two complaints about this game... and those complaints are that the soundtrack isn't available for purchase, and that I'm left heart-broken from my inability to manipulate time to again experience this game with the same overwhelming awe as my first play.
  2. Jul 18, 2013
    Easily one of my favorite games, period. I'm not really a big fan of puzzle or platform games but it is so intuitive and natural that the puzzles feel complex and challenging without being overwhelming. The art and soundtrack are the perfect accompaniment to this well-thought out adventure through time. A must play.
  3. Dec 8, 2012
    Very nice! Reminds me of Braid but simpler and more logical. Therefore, less of a challenge in making perfect moves on every levels - which made me stopped playing Braid - but rather think differently using 4th dimension. Always with a last second little twist you didn't see coming when you kick off!
    Very nice music too. Vintage style.
  4. Oct 7, 2012
    Un juego de puzzles bastante entretenido, visualmente bien logrado, entretenida música. Los acertijos están muy buenos , llegando a ser muy difíciles algunos.

Cumple su objetivo.
  5. Aug 20, 2012
    its a great looking game with great little puzzles.I had it off steam for 99p in the sale what a bargain for a charming little gem.What I thought I would play for five minutes became an hour,then two.I always find these little dittys on Steam.
  6. e_k
    Jul 28, 2012
    An interesting puzzle game. So far, it's not too hard - which is good, because I'm not very good at puzzles. The atmosphere is quite nice, if a little repetitive (7)

I have to dock a point however, for the looong legal notice that shows up every time you launch the game. It's almost 20 seconds long (just the notices - not the intro), and you can't skip it. Yes, we get it, all those
    things are the trademarks of such and such. First time, ok. But after that: you're wasting my time! Because I don't play for long periods at once, I have to sit through this every single time I want to solve a puzzle or two (-1) Expand
  7. Mar 17, 2012
    Is creepy if you want, but is an amazing game that will make you think a lot with its puzzles, and also enjoy with its simplicity. I mean, Winterbottom is a fellow who loves pie, and is willing to do everything for a pie even if this "everything" is create a paradox in time-space stability.
    With a touch of madness I think that this Misadvetures will take you to another universe of gaming
  8. Jan 31, 2012
    I actually liked this game! The cinematic black and white style of old age is fun to watch, and the puzzles are not too difficult. It becomes sort of confusing near the end, but you can either go walkthrough or be patient with the game. Coupled with the bonus challenges, you get can get around 2.5 hours for main story and an extra 2 hours for the fun content
  9. Jan 4, 2012
    An amazing little gem. Winterbottom is loaded with black'n'white-old-school-cinema humor. How often can you play a *good* game in black and white? The graphical style is really great (artsy stuff!) and soundtrack is really "old-school-movie evocative". Winterbottom consists various of short stages, each a puzzle of it's own. It's not a long game, but it's quite inexpensive, and it has good replay value. A great game for anyone who's into indie games, old movies or just wants a blast of "different" gameplay. It's also available for Xbox360. Expand
  10. Dec 8, 2012
    Very nice music too. Vintage style.

1. Essential for those who likes a sit down and have a think. [Aug 2010, p.82]
  2. Buckets of whimsy and oodles of puzzles make this a satisfying adventure, despite the sometimes steep difficulty.
  3. The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom is clever, simple, hard and very good to train our brains to solve problems.