7.8

1. Jul 19, 2012
    Great Characters, voice acting, humour, graphics, story. A fun game that's worth the price, and worth the time. Recommended for point-n-click enthusiasts.
  2. Jul 19, 2012
    Fantastic Game, I bought mine during the summer sale. I loved everything about it. I agree completely with that other guy, it was very funny and worth the price (Summer Sale at least). An all round great game.
  3. Vex
    Sep 7, 2012
    This is a very poorly made game. Despite the fact that the graphics are some of the most beautiful ever seen in an adventure game, the story is mediocre, the puzzles fall short and are completely nonsensical most of the time. Pendulo Studios are responsible for the amazing Runaway series (which likely brought the adventure genre back to life) and I can't get my head around how they failed at this so badly. The writing is poor, the characters aren't memorable and there is very little captivating about the game except for amazing graphics... which is a shame because it's a waste of a massive potential that this game had. Not worth it unless you pick it up during a sale. Expand
  4. Mar 11, 2014
    The Next Big Thing is a lovable adventure game from the makers of the Runaway series. The graphics are beautiful and the characters are funny, entertaining and absolutely lovable! The Next Big Thing is an unique and unforgettable adventure experience that I will always hold dear.
  5. May 30, 2013
    I like this game. I find myself liking very few games. Most of them I believe to be mediocre. Maybe I am just a bastard but I like this game. This game has charm coming out the wazoo! Quirky fun AND memorable characters. So many games. So forgettable. This one is not. I suggest you pick it up. It was the first point n click adventure puzzle game I have played. Honestly. Yeah. I know. Terrible. Apparently it's a genre I may have a thing for and it's thanks to this game. BUY IT! Expand

1. Sep 6, 2011
    The fifth title Pendulo revives an adventure that did not have the desired success, using as pillars surreal dialogues, an absolutely fantastic storyline, and fun from start to finish. Through a series of colorful characters, though very short, Hollywood Monsters 2 shows his best on a technical level, through perfect cinematics and animations.
  2. Jul 19, 2011
    Hollywood Monsters 2 is a good game: its sense of humor and great graphic design make it something that every graphic adventure fan wouldn't miss. Some puzzles may be frustrating, but it's definitely worth a try.
  3. Jul 3, 2011
    Of course, any niggles relating to the quality of puzzles is alleviated somewhat by the quality of animation. [Issue#110, p.117]