9.0

1. SlyFox
    Nov 9, 2005
    Great story. NOLF's overall performance was 2 thumbs up. I'd play it over and over again!
  2. Dec 3, 2013
    Even now, over 10 years after its release, this is still the best shooter.
    Great story, funny dialogue, great locations, great leveldesign which can be beat by both stealth and raw gunpower, never boring.
    Even now, over 10 years after its release, this is still the best shooter.
    Sure the graphics are dated by now, but the game itself is still far more interesting than all battlefield and call of duty and all other military shooters combined (which are no "games" by any definition)
    Too bad that I can't give it more than "10", because the 10 doesn't do it justice. This is truly one of the last masterpieces of the shooter GAME genre.
  3. Tjeu
    Jan 24, 2002
    Extremely funny, tense, diverse, and the music is sublime! Highly addictive. No crashes on my P600/128MB/Rage Mobility 8MB system.
  4. SalvatorM.
    Jun 27, 2002
    First-class ego-shooter like DEUS EX. Really great!
  5. JamesS.
    Oct 25, 2003
    Best game I've ever played.
  6. Jack
    Nov 22, 2004
    A good game is the one U'll be happy to speak about with ur freinds. NOLF is one of these games!
  7. Lev
    Jan 15, 2002
    I enjoyed this game. I don't enjoy many, so you can take this as high praise from me. Btw, play chronotrigger :D
  8. AndrewE.
    Apr 14, 2002
    One of the best shooters I've ever played.
  9. Sep 27, 2011
    A truly masterpiece... I really loved everything of this game from the strange spy gadgets that Cate can use to the musics of the game. The AI of the bots is way better of the one used in nowdays games (just look at deus ex human revolution AI of bots... )
    What else to say? It's one of the few games (like deus ex, system shock 2, planescape torment) that you have to play before you die.
  10. AdamW.
    Oct 24, 2002
    Quake 3 was released, then game Unreal Tournament. Then, for a long time there was a BIG lull in the genre, nothing original and nother interesting was released. That is, until this little gem was released. Its a classic and now its cheap too, so there really is no excuse to not have it in your collection.
  11. Keith
    Mar 9, 2002
    Its fun, plenty of guns and unique weapons code: mpasscam (check this out).
  12. ShawnH.
    Jun 30, 2005
    Clever dialogue and plenty of gameplay kept me interested all the way through the game. Graphics are good, especially for the period of time it was released.
  13. Mar 5, 2014
    I'm writing this review in 2014. Besides the outdated graphics (which is unavoidable) this game absolutely slaughters any FPS in the last 5 years in terms of storyline, fun, and humor. This game is a perfect example of why graphics aren't everything in a game. They don't make games like NOLF anymore, now it's dumbed down crap like CoD and Halo with boring stories and zero recoil guns etcI'm writing this review in 2014. Besides the outdated graphics (which is unavoidable) this game absolutely slaughters any FPS in the last 5 years in terms of storyline, fun, and humor. This game is a perfect example of why graphics aren't everything in a game. They don't make games like NOLF anymore, now it's dumbed down crap like CoD and Halo with boring stories and zero recoil guns etc etc yawn. Yes, a 14 year old game in terms of creativity wipes the floor with almost any FPS released since. If you haven't played it yet you really should. Expand
  14. Apr 18, 2012
    The best music, story and humour ever implemented in a PC game (in my not so humble opinion!). This is the funniest game I have ever played, and still worth playing 12 years on, if you have not already. It can be difficult to find a copy these days though.
  15. Jan 16, 2014
    That i missed this game in 2000 is beyond me. This game is simply brilliant. Its like an Austin Powers game only with an female hero. The jokes are also genial. Very well done game. Love it.
  16. Dec 1, 2013
    This is one of the games that cannot be made today, because of it's international scale and that it would be too long and requires an enormous volume of content hence requires far too many assets (probably might cost even as much as GTA). The campaign itself had a play time of around 20 hours, mind you there are no RPG elements.

NOLF is widely known for it's overheard conversations

NOLF is widely known for it's overheard conversations among the enemies, exceptional AI, incredible storyline, amazing cut-scenes, effective all round humor, and so on. The best in NOLF is that, is it's wide variety of locations, for instance there are scenes where Cate Archer (protagonist), rides a motorbike, levels in moving train, airplanes with scenes involving free fall, submarines and under water scenes, zero gravity and in outer space, snowy Alps riding a snowmobile, etc. The level design is incredibly smart, and there's a lot of variety in it's game-play, from stealth to attacking modes, access to a wide number of gadgets, this is the best FPS ever.

If only more people knew about the game
  17. Dec 8, 2013
    "You look like you need a monkey"

"'How is the goat, over?' 'The goat is nervous. How do you think the goat is?'" An "oldie" but very definitely a goodie. Great level design, good weapons feel, fantastic swinging 60's soundtrack, and just epic gadgets ("horny pheromone robot dog" that distracts any pursuing Alsatians, anyone?) They just don't make games like this anymore. NOLF is one
    "You look like you need a monkey"

"'How is the goat, over?' 'The goat is nervous. How do you think the goat is?'"

An "oldie" but very definitely a goodie. Great level design, good weapons feel, fantastic swinging 60's soundtrack, and just epic gadgets ("horny pheromone robot dog" that distracts any pursuing Alsatians, anyone?) They just don't make games like this anymore. NOLF is one of the greats from the Golden Era of PC gaming, with a great sense of humor (something a lot of modern games that take themselves way too seriously could learn from).
  18. Nov 5, 2014
    A true masterpiece, full of funny and great moments, fantastic character development, a very inspired plot, stylish art direction and top notch voice acting.

From the start to the very end, it only gets better and the experience grows exciting as very few games in history managed to do. The main character, Cate Archer, is full of personality. Actually she is the definition of a "

The main character, Cate Archer, is full of personality. Actually she is the definition of a " true hero".
    The support characters are also very well developed, which is rare.

No One Lives Forever has a plot, and an incredible funny one, full of twists.
    The level design is brilliant, and everything combined make you really feel into a 60's spy thriller.

The graphics are a bit dated because the game is old (even if the games cartoon look does help a lot), but every other aspect of the game holds really well today, specially art direction, sound effects, music and voice acting.

The plot is just fantastic and thats the main reason to play it.

Just play this game, not only because its an award winning classic (it won many game of the year awards), and one of the best shooters ever.

Play it because Im sure the whole experience will remain with you for years to come as this game is one to be remembered as one of the most special games ever made.

I played it in 2001 and I still havent found a game of the same level.

Thanks Monolith for such great classic, and I hope to live enough to play part 3!!! Do it Monolith, we need Kitt Harris in the role of our great hero Cate Archer again!
  19. Jan 20, 2015
    I played this game when I was a child.When I found it yesterday,my memories pumped.It is one of the best games I've ever played and I really want to see NOLF 3 or something.They can't make a game like that now(most likely).Nothing can make me happy but seeing the third game of this series(not counting J.A.C.K)
    We want Cate Archer !
  20. SarahineS.
    Jan 30, 2007
    This game is really amazing and incredible, because she look pretty and intelligent.
  21. May 19, 2015
    Groovy Baby! The best singleplayer FPS I have ever played.

A completely unused scenario a la Austin Powers. Wonderfully cliche in regards to spy movies and a beautiful stealth game full of charme and autonomous identity. Lacking modern mechanics of the genre like extra animations for peaking behind corners but that just adds a bit to the challenge. Wonderfully colorful in visuals and
    Groovy Baby! The best singleplayer FPS I have ever played.

Wonderfully colorful in visuals and acoustics, this game will have you chuckle every five minutes because of some humorous dialogue or "intelligence" item.

One of those sadly kind off forgotten masterpieces in gaming. Definedly deserving of a HD remake.
  22. Nov 1, 2012
    The game is unrealistic, very funny, spy - like shooter, but stealth component work not so well...also enemies are always same, and that is in late game little bit boring...good game anyway, even if released 12 years ago...
  23. Mar 1, 2014
    This game has many different environments and cool spy devices to offer. It also has crazy bosses and some (bad) surprises. The multiplayer mode is funny. But I have to problems with it: The enemies aren't really various and the dialogs are a bit too long.
  24. Feb 5, 2015
    A real classic that really is on my Top 10 games of all time list.

The writing, the humor, the unique setup, the gameplay itself everything just blends so perfectly together it's... almost indescribable. What else can be said? Think Perfect Dark meets James Bond and you'll only scratch the surface. The only shame about this great game is I feel that it didn't get the sequel it
    A real classic that really is on my Top 10 games of all time list.

The only shame about this great game is I feel that it didn't get the sequel it deserved. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the sequel but it just didn't capture the feel/style of the original.

This game really doesn't get the attention it deserves, it even is an example of a game with a strong independent female protag. that all the hardcore feminists cry about.

The sad thing is I really don't think they'll ever be a third game, apparently the rights have jumped from company to company without anyone really knowing who owns those rights. lol

NOLF 1's full source code is freely available and just sits there without any real dedicated modding community. It's so sad.

While it's not quite up to the complexity of "Deus Ex," NOLF combines a first-rate plot, grandiose explosions, superb dialogue, and plenty of trigger-happy action to make for one of the best gaming experiences we've had all year.
  2. A shining example of bringing together a wide variety of different ideas, executing them with a ever-engaging style, and delivering a polished product that is a thrilling experience from beginning to end.
  3. May feel more like a classic Bond Marathon on TBS, rather than the instant-gratification spy movies we have seen in recent years.