The Orange Box PC

9.4

1. PierreB
    Dec 11, 2007
    I am extremely dissapointed by the orange box which is only an excuse for valve to intrude your computer with Steam.
    I love farcry, I love company of heros, I hate the orange box and will discard this game (and steam) as soon as I have finished that stupid half live.
  2. MessiahL.
    Oct 21, 2007
    Here's an idea: don't shove medicine down people's throats if you are unwilling to take it yourself. Quit under-rating Halo 3 because you don't own a 360, and quit hyping up the Half-Life franchise like it's full of innovation. What, exactly, aside from the gravity gun, is innovative about Half Life 2? It's possibly one of the most HEAVILY scripted and narrow Here's an idea: don't shove medicine down people's throats if you are unwilling to take it yourself. Quit under-rating Halo 3 because you don't own a 360, and quit hyping up the Half-Life franchise like it's full of innovation. What, exactly, aside from the gravity gun, is innovative about Half Life 2? It's possibly one of the most HEAVILY scripted and narrow games I've ever played. Is it good? Hell yes. But so is Halo. So quit trashing another good franchise just because you're a spoon-fed fanboy. I've built several of my own machines and Half-Life 2 looked gorgeous on ALL of them, but I've also owned an Xbox in my time, and I'm willing to concede that Halo is just as good as a series. My biggest complaint is with Steam. Yes, maybe steam users are stupid enough to put their money into what is obviously going to be a monopoly, but I'm not. The only Steam games I will ever purchase are Valve games, because Steam is all you can play them on. So go ahead, put money into something like this and watch as the market is monopolized and you have to pay for every game through Steam, keeping in mind that if your account was ever lost for whatever reason, all your games would be gone. Sadly, people don't think ahead, they've got the sheep mentality and it's going to screw us all. Expand
  3. Sep 1, 2011
    Worst installation ever in all of computer software in human history, beating out old and new Mac, Linux and Windows installations. This isn't simplication, it's complication and complexity when it comes to fighting piracy using Steam and its DRM. The worst part, if you are not a cable internet user, no one can survive this painful installation and download updates. Team Fortress 2 took meWorst installation ever in all of computer software in human history, beating out old and new Mac, Linux and Windows installations. This isn't simplication, it's complication and complexity when it comes to fighting piracy using Steam and its DRM. The worst part, if you are not a cable internet user, no one can survive this painful installation and download updates. Team Fortress 2 took me 9+ hours of updates and Half-Life 2 and its add-ons took 4+ hours of updates, all via DSL. Although this Half-Life 2 Orange Box is the best rated "package" game ever, the incomplete package is missing Half-Life Source, Half-Life 2 Deathmatch and Counterstrike Source. Since this package is not up-to-date, no wonder why HL2 didn't deserve a Game of the Year Edition and Valve re-releasing an updated HL2 Orange Box. Expand

1. Leave it to Valve to deliver the goods on such an ambitious game package...The Orange Box is one of the finest compilations of gaming content ever produced. [Nov 2007, p.58]
    Not only do you get the best single player first person shooter ever created, you also get the two next chapters, a 3D puzzle game that also happens to live in the Half-Life universe and a terrifically fun team-based multiplayer first-person shooter. This is a lot of game in one package for only 50 dollars.
    The Orange Box offers everything any fan of first-person shooters could possibly want: some of the best single-player gaming ever in the shape of Half-Life 2 and Episodes One and Two; wonderful innovation from Portal, and the most refined, downright fun team-based online FPS currently available in Team Fortress 2. If that doesn't warrant a 10 out of 10, nothing does.