9.4

1. Dec 4, 2010
    What's that, you need to be convinced that 5 games for the price of less than one is worth it? Shame on you. Not only does this master piece come with Half life 2 and the first two episodes, which have amazing single player story value, it also comes with Portal, possibly the most innovative game of the year! Then on top of that, when you have to get your multi-player fix, you have one ofWhat's that, you need to be convinced that 5 games for the price of less than one is worth it? Shame on you. Not only does this master piece come with Half life 2 and the first two episodes, which have amazing single player story value, it also comes with Portal, possibly the most innovative game of the year! Then on top of that, when you have to get your multi-player fix, you have one of the most diverse, fun and chaotic team based shooters on the market! Valve really know how to make you think you're stealing from them. Expand
  2. Feb 27, 2011
    This simply is the very best what you can get. All in one for a way to cheap price! The engine still functions fantastic and the gameplay still gives you years of fun!
  3. UltraJ.
    Oct 11, 2007
    What more can I say? 10!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loved HL1 and HL2, Portal was an excellent and unique experience, cant wait to see new challenges!
  4. Feb 2, 2011
    You don't need a review. GET IT NOW!

You get Half Life 2, plus episodes 1, 2, and the lost coast level and the potential to use all source engine game mods, and it's all for under $30. Do I even need to elaborate? Don't wait for it online, go to the store and buy it or buy it off of steam as soon as you can. On top of that you get 2 more fun games. Portal is a very interesting 1st
    You don't need a review. GET IT NOW!

On top of that you get 2 more fun games. Portal is a very interesting 1st person sort of puzzle platformer, that is very fun to play and is also set in the Half Life Universe. You also get Team Fortress 2, which is a classic, fun FPS that you should play if you own any FPS. On top of all that, these games use the source engine, which is relatively old, meaning that these games will run on older computers and high end laptops. The only possible con I can think of is the automatic installation of Steam on your PC, which really isn't all that bad. It automatically updates all the games, and it offers good prices for downloadable games. But this doesn't have anything to do with the games themselves.

Why are you still reading? GET IT NOW!
  5. Mar 24, 2011
    Well, what more does one have to say other than that this came out in 2007 and I bought it on the first day. Now, in 2011, about 5 years later, I still play Team Fortress 2 and challenge myself to Portal.
  6. Sep 30, 2010
    Half-life 2+Episodes, Portal and Team Fortress 2 in one package? Awesome. These games deserve all the praise they got and as a package they are great value, Great job Valve.
  7. Dec 4, 2010
    Simply the best buy ever..................................................................................................................................................
  8. Oct 17, 2010
    There is just so much about this game that it just can't explain everything with. It has included Half-Life 2 (a clearly more innovative game than Halo), Portal and Team Fortress 2 (an amazing multiplayer game). Half-life 2: It has an innovative game, and to whoever thinks Halo or whatever game is better, think about this. This game has physics. Not the huge explosion high quality graphicsThere is just so much about this game that it just can't explain everything with. It has included Half-Life 2 (a clearly more innovative game than Halo), Portal and Team Fortress 2 (an amazing multiplayer game). Half-life 2: It has an innovative game, and to whoever thinks Halo or whatever game is better, think about this. This game has physics. Not the huge explosion high quality graphics physics, REAL PHYSICS. There are puzzles for you to solve using the physics engine, realistic situations in a fictional world and the world fits the game perfectly.

Portal: Simple gameplay soon to be expanded. You control a Portal gun, and zap from wall to wall, and when it ends, you'll be asking for more.

Team Fortress 2: Let's put it in a few words: Teamwork, skill, fun, achievements, hats (lol), friends, and cartoon. Put them all together and you have a beautiful multiplayer game.
  9. Jan 2, 2011
    5 fantastic games, including the best PC game of all time (HL2), the most entertaining multiplayer game I've ever played (TF2) and a truly revolutionary puzzle game (Portal). And right now you can pick the whole lot up on steam for just £8.49. What's not to like?
  10. Mar 17, 2011
    Why do I even have to write the minimum word count? The games included in this pack are so infinitely awesome that even saying "This is the best thing in existence." should be enough to convince people to buy it. If you like shooters, and you have even a little interest in the half-life story, than I guarantee that this will be the best buy you will ever make.
  11. May 1, 2011
    Portal=awesome, TF2=awesome, Half-Life 2, plus episodes 1&2=priceless. A MUST BUY! Especially now, since it's been out for a long time. If you don't own this, you should.
  12. Jul 7, 2011
    The Orange box could possibly be the best valued retail game of its generation. The single player Half Life games are almost legendary in acclaim, the Multiplayer Team Fortress 2 has become one of the great shooters with a fantastic art style and has since evolved and improved, and the puzzle/shooter Portal was the surprising gem, the icing on a perfect cake. If only the rest of theThe Orange box could possibly be the best valued retail game of its generation. The single player Half Life games are almost legendary in acclaim, the Multiplayer Team Fortress 2 has become one of the great shooters with a fantastic art style and has since evolved and improved, and the puzzle/shooter Portal was the surprising gem, the icing on a perfect cake. If only the rest of the industry had the vision and design skills of Valve we wouldnt be trudging through the immaturity that bogs the gaming industry down so much. Expand
  13. Jan 22, 2012
    The best game compilation ever. Includes Half-Life 2: Episode Two, the sequel of one of the best games in history, with great plot, graphics, gameplay, etc., Portal, a almost indie experiment from Valve resulting in a beautiful and simple game, and Team Fortress 2, a great cartoon FPS with 9 classes, lot of weapons, hats, and fun. Also includes HL2 and the first episode if you haven'tThe best game compilation ever. Includes Half-Life 2: Episode Two, the sequel of one of the best games in history, with great plot, graphics, gameplay, etc., Portal, a almost indie experiment from Valve resulting in a beautiful and simple game, and Team Fortress 2, a great cartoon FPS with 9 classes, lot of weapons, hats, and fun. Also includes HL2 and the first episode if you haven't played HL2 yet. With 5 excellent games, you will think that the pack will cost around $60 or something like that. NOPE.AVI, the price is $20. Twenty dollars for five excellent games from Valve. If you hadn't bought this pack yet, you sir, you are not a PC gamer. Expand
  14. JakeF.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Coming from an old school QWTF player, this game is the best thing to happen in 9 years.
  15. Sep 6, 2011
    Three of the best FPS games released(With two expansions to Half-Life 2), wrapped up in an affordable bundle. Half-Life 2 is not innovative, but the story is understandable(Yet also deep), the graphics are amazing, and the gameplay needs more than two brain cells. The two expansions satisfy the fans of HL2 who wanted more, although the Episode 1 is far too short. Team Fortress 2 is one ofThree of the best FPS games released(With two expansions to Half-Life 2), wrapped up in an affordable bundle. Half-Life 2 is not innovative, but the story is understandable(Yet also deep), the graphics are amazing, and the gameplay needs more than two brain cells. The two expansions satisfy the fans of HL2 who wanted more, although the Episode 1 is far too short. Team Fortress 2 is one of the best multiplayer FPSs out there, which is based on who can use their weapons better, not who can hit the other guy's head first. I currently have over 440 ours into it, and I am willing to spend $75 on some virtual pixels. Portal is a short singleplayer FPP(First Person Puzzle) you will never forget. The humor is genuine, the momentum is deeply satifying, you need to think, and the ending song wraps it all up nicely. Overall, I can't reccomend it enough. Expand
  16. Nov 1, 2011
    Valve and the Orange Box forever! Best Game package ever! Many thanks to you Valve. HL2 = A1, Portal = A1, and Team Fortress 2 = A1 to sum it up The Orange box is A1 FUN
  17. Dec 7, 2011
    The single greatest collection of games I've ever bought and it was less than the cost of one game. Not sure we'll ever see something Orange Box again unless Half Life 3 is waiting to be released with Team Fortress 3 & Portal 3.

If that happens, my face my explode.
  18. ZekkoP.
    Jun 8, 2008
    I bought The Orange Box in early 2008. After I installed it, I played all the series of HL2, never played so much time on my PC... then a bit of Portal, then Peggle... TF2 is kinda chaotic but it can cheer you up. Price is not great, it's awesome! Thanks VALVe for this cool package! Greets from Romania.
  19. JesseB.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Best thing that valve has ever made but this beats the rest of their best things. 9 years for this epic thing is worth it. Good Job Valve!
    Oct 11, 2007
    Incredible package. The new games alone are worth twice the price, but including HL2 and HL2 EP1? Probably the most involving, engaging, and innovative multiplayer game (TF2), coupled with the best single player game i've ever played(HL2, and finally the most creative and original game ive seen in a while (Portal). Simply the best.
  21. AloP.
    Oct 11, 2007
    This is just awsome! its only downside is that its short but on the upside its filled with action and a great storyline.
  22. JasonP.
    Oct 11, 2007
    I am an avid Half Life 2 fan, but with the orange box you really start to see the sheer beauty that is a HL2 game. The artwork, fluidity, and storyline in HL2 EP2 are much deeper, clearer, and more intense than any other chapter. Couple that with the uniquely addicting Portal, and TF2 and you have a solid gold game package.
  23. AlekseyT.
    Oct 12, 2007
    All is simple, Valve has made a correct step towards to gamers. 5 games at the price of one! License games in aggregate with service Steam give a heap of positive emotions.
  24. PeterH.
    Oct 13, 2007
    Pure entertainment excellence. Very well refined. I was very pleased with how TF2 turned out. Extremely straightforward gameplay, very player friendly. Portal was an outstandingly skilled work of art; it produces many small moments of accomplishment and it's humor was a terrific surprise. Episode 2 was much more satisfying than EP1, so I'm happy.
  25. ThaTyger
    Nov 5, 2007
    A must have gamebox for every shooter fan. It includes the entire HL2 serie's so far, and tops it off with Team Fortress 2. The box is very, very cheap for the quality it offers. You get the complete HL2 single player experience with loads of awesome gameplay that will keep you going for several hours. And you get one of the best team based multiplayer shooters as well. The one A must have gamebox for every shooter fan. It includes the entire HL2 serie's so far, and tops it off with Team Fortress 2. The box is very, very cheap for the quality it offers. You get the complete HL2 single player experience with loads of awesome gameplay that will keep you going for several hours. And you get one of the best team based multiplayer shooters as well. The one little downside is that if you have HL2 and Eps 1 you will get them again. You can't leave them out for an additional discount! But in return Valve gives the posibility to give the game away to someone. I went for the downloadable version (as it is Expand
  26. menouxdidier
    Oct 7, 2007
    franchement, qui peut prétendre faire mieux que valve 1 pack comme celui la c du jamais vu.
    -1 jeu novateur pour un ou plusieurs cerveau( portal)
    -1 jeu novateur pour un ou plusieurs cerveau( portal)
    +1 multi pour s eclater total avec les potes en ligne (team fortress 2)lstyle bd change totalement l ambiance en grosse deconnade generale? trop top!+ 2 jeux action reflexion ou l on simmerge jusquau cou!! (hl1 ethl2).en bref the game of this year
  27. JeffL.
    Oct 9, 2007
    This is a definite must buy game. It includes so much for you money and it's the best bang for your buck out there. Team Fortress 2 is one of the best MP games I've played in years. The Pixar style graphics are amazing and really make the game engine not feel outdated. I understand that the graphics are outdated a bit for the Half-Life 2 series but the amount of games you get This is a definite must buy game. It includes so much for you money and it's the best bang for your buck out there. Team Fortress 2 is one of the best MP games I've played in years. The Pixar style graphics are amazing and really make the game engine not feel outdated. I understand that the graphics are outdated a bit for the Half-Life 2 series but the amount of games you get for the money and then the story that you get along with the game are amazing. I've never been so satisfied with a game purchase...ever! Go buy this game NOW. Expand
  28. DaveFick
    Sep 23, 2007
    Team Fortress 2 by itself is worth the $45 entrance fee. It's an extremely well put together team based FPS. It's fun enough to be able to just screw around, while technical enough to be able to take it very seriously. Excellent for scrimmages. This is a must-have for any FPS gamer.
  29. LeeL.
    Oct 1, 2008
    The most compelling and enjoyable gaming experience of my Life. Every asset within the orange Box was pure gold.
  30. AlexH.
    Jan 21, 2008
    The ultimate package. I played portal for like 3 days straight over and over again. AND IT'S COMPATIBLE WITH GARRY'S MOD!!! WOOT!
  31. LeeG.
    Oct 23, 2008
    I am a Malaysian and bought The Orange Box for RM175.I mean,those game including Half-Life 2 and other games are Game Of The Year,and I like it!!Especially HL2 and Portal
  32. ChristofferL.
    Jan 9, 2008
    All the 5 games is perfect games, i just play tf2 almost 20 hour each week due the great teamwork game and the taunting system is really nice. Its impossible to say this game is crap without lieing if you have tried it. Portal seems to be the most hard working game in the box, the portal device and the portals really changed between game and movie of the game. HL2EP2 is that game I have All the 5 games is perfect games, i just play tf2 almost 20 hour each week due the great teamwork game and the taunting system is really nice. Its impossible to say this game is crap without lieing if you have tried it. Portal seems to be the most hard working game in the box, the portal device and the portals really changed between game and movie of the game. HL2EP2 is that game I have been waiting for months. Excellent games in the excellent box, and the fair price of it, 50$ Expand
  33. AaronG.
    Feb 19, 2008
    These have to be the greatest games ive ever played and one of the most wisely spent $50 my family has ever spent. I loved the original Half Life 2 and Episode one before i even bought the orange box so much so that its one of the few games i have actually played through more than once (two to three times each to be more specific). Episode two just improves upon what the original set up These have to be the greatest games ive ever played and one of the most wisely spent $50 my family has ever spent. I loved the original Half Life 2 and Episode one before i even bought the orange box so much so that its one of the few games i have actually played through more than once (two to three times each to be more specific). Episode two just improves upon what the original set up and im still replaying it. Portal may be short but its a must play and they even extend its life more by setting up some challenges and extra ways to play each level after the first playthrough, and the commentary is a blast to listen to. Last but not least, Team Fortress 2 is almost sheer perfection in multiplayer gaming, i was a bit sceptical at first but now its one of my favorite multiplayers games and is made all the more fun by its interactions with the Steam system that runs all the Valve games. For anyone looking to buy a new PC game i HIGHLY recommend The Orange Box above all else! Expand
  34. BryanK.
    May 5, 2008
    Awesome games. Team Fortress 2 is the best game that I have ever played.
  35. WillB.
    Jun 7, 2008
    Everything Valve does seems to turn out to be a work of genius. Games like Half-life 2 and Team Fortress 2 and Portal belong in some kind of hall of fame. A very good title.
  36. Mr.Impulse
    Jan 13, 2010
    I was going to the store to buy L4D2 which was under holiday sale and I wanted to give it a shot since I have the first one. Then I saw The Orange Box for 19,99 euros. Could this be? My favourite saga and one of my favourite multiplayer games for that cheap and in front of me. I simply couldn't resist, so I bought it. And I don't regret my drastic change of purchase. This simple I was going to the store to buy L4D2 which was under holiday sale and I wanted to give it a shot since I have the first one. Then I saw The Orange Box for 19,99 euros. Could this be? My favourite saga and one of my favourite multiplayer games for that cheap and in front of me. I simply couldn't resist, so I bought it. And I don't regret my drastic change of purchase. This simple must be the best deal in gaming history ever. It just can't fail, because it is made by Valve which never fails. NEVER! Expand
  37. PDTS
    Jan 31, 2010
    My only complain is that this box was 66% off, 2 weeks after i bought it... Even then i give it a 10! Ill give it 12/10 if i could! Anyone who gives it under 9 should not play FPS at all... Because they dont like the genre at all.
  38. TomJ.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Fantastic set of games, it's just simply odd that you can get this *set* of fantastic games for the price so many lesser games individually sell for.
  39. TaylorS.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Great action sequences, entertaining story line and characters. But another cliffhanger. Arghhhhh! My only real complaint was it was too short.
  40. AnnaK.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Well so far I've played Portals and have to say that I loved the game from start to finish. Doing the challenge missions now and the advanced and having a blast with those. I really cannot wait for the SDK. I've not really had a chance to play the other games aside from that (dling HL2 to beat it this time around xD) But from what I've heard the price was also very nice Well so far I've played Portals and have to say that I loved the game from start to finish. Doing the challenge missions now and the advanced and having a blast with those. I really cannot wait for the SDK. I've not really had a chance to play the other games aside from that (dling HL2 to beat it this time around xD) But from what I've heard the price was also very nice since I got four new games for 45 dollars. This game definitely deserves the 10 I gave it. Expand
  41. LouM.
    Oct 10, 2007
    HL2 Episode 2 delivers! It is as good as the original (HL2) game. The graphics and game play remain top notch, while the in-game puzzles and fire fights have actually gotten tougher (but still satisfyingly fun). Along with the rest of the Orange Box, this is definitely the value of the year!
  42. TylerCannon
    Oct 10, 2007
    The most amazing compilation of games of all time. I've been playing HL since it was first released and I have to say that Episode 2 is the best so far. Portal is pure genious and Team Fortress 2 is hysterically funny and will give me years of enjoyment. If you haven't ever played a HL game before, HL2 and EP 1 are packed in to this awesome package for your playing pleasure. IThe most amazing compilation of games of all time. I've been playing HL since it was first released and I have to say that Episode 2 is the best so far. Portal is pure genious and Team Fortress 2 is hysterically funny and will give me years of enjoyment. If you haven't ever played a HL game before, HL2 and EP 1 are packed in to this awesome package for your playing pleasure. I recommend all these games to everyone as they are the best I've ever played in my life. Expand
  43. MIrkoDaC.
    Oct 11, 2007
    We want the audio translate in more lenguage for the perfect! I'm Italian.
  44. KyleW.
    Oct 12, 2007
    An absolutely perfect game utalizing the source engine and todays more advanced graphics. An unbeatable deal, an amazing game, plus the extras, how could you go wrong?
  45. AviontK.
    Oct 10, 2007
    Although Portal and Episode are rather short for the Orange Box, TF2 you wil want to play for a long time and Portal is always good for a second, even third run through. Worth every penny, would've paid more if I had to!
  46. DryPenguin
    Oct 12, 2007
    Great fun, enjoyable art direction and certainly with the mod community growing, even more fun to follow launch.
  47. AndrewG.
    Nov 27, 2007
    You're pretty much a gaming idiot if you do not buy Orange Box. TF2 is shaping up to be one of my favorite games ever. Portal was extremely fun (if for a very short time), and my friend watches me play the episodes in the HL series just because the story is told so well. One of the best purchases I have ever made.
  48. MattH.
    Oct 12, 2007
    I'm currently loving this game. Many of the battles take place in open areas with myriad of places to take cover in or where enemies could be lurking. It makes the game feel extremely non-linear and makes the large fights much more fun. This is the most fun I have had since 2004.
  49. JohnE.
    Nov 30, 2007
    You cannot deny that this is the best deal ever. 5 games including one game that is considered the best game ever made by many people. I do have a couple of complaints though. This orange box should have come with half life 1 since thats why they made the box orange was to comemerate the first game, and having it would make this a complete package. Another thing is that episode 2 is just You cannot deny that this is the best deal ever. 5 games including one game that is considered the best game ever made by many people. I do have a couple of complaints though. This orange box should have come with half life 1 since thats why they made the box orange was to comemerate the first game, and having it would make this a complete package. Another thing is that episode 2 is just so damn short. I hope that the reason episode 2 is so short is because they are investing all of their time into episode 3 because that game is going to have to be the most awsome climax in history. Expand
  50. HenryU.
    Oct 13, 2007
    A bargain and a blast to play.
  51. TommyN.
    Oct 14, 2007
    5 amazing games in 1 box. Half-Life 2 is awesome. But Portal, it's genius! Portal might be complicated to me, there puzzle is great! Team Fortress 2, their new classes are awesome. Team Fortress 2 has the best maps that are bigger than the old Team Fortress. Excellent. Thanks to Valve.
  52. MaxW.
    Oct 17, 2007
    Although all three games are epic, "The Orange Box" is not a game per se, how then is it rankable? All three games should be taken into consideration seperately not collectively. Otherwise all games developers would sell boxed sets and going by what is said here, would do very well. I did buy this boxed set and have only good things to say about it.
  53. JoelR.
    Oct 19, 2007
    Easily the best package deal in the history of gaming. All of these games are incredible in their own right. Portal is the most innovative puzzle game I've seen in a very long time. Half-Life 2 and the expansion episodes are textbook brilliance as far as first-person shooters go. Team Fortress 2 is amazingly fun. Even if you already own Half-Life 2 and HL 2 episode 1 it is a great value.
  54. ThadM
    Oct 10, 2007
    The Best Deal I have Ever seen in Gameing Featuring 5 of what may be the best games ive ever played TF2 is just amazing and SO FREAKING MUCH FUN u will never get off.Portal really works the brain and brings a totaly diffrent but fun game type to the source engine.Hl2 episode 2 keeps the great gameplay that made hl2 great going i cant wait for episode 3!!
  55. BarneyG.
    Oct 19, 2007
    To Crusader: Even though the Black Box was cancelled, the orange box is selling at the same price that the Black Box was intentionally going to be sold at, so you actually get the bonus of free XMas prezzies for your mates. :) As a whole package or seperate, these games are all amazing but seeing as we are obviously rating the Orange Box in general and the obvious deal, I have to give it To Crusader: Even though the Black Box was cancelled, the orange box is selling at the same price that the Black Box was intentionally going to be sold at, so you actually get the bonus of free XMas prezzies for your mates. :) As a whole package or seperate, these games are all amazing but seeing as we are obviously rating the Orange Box in general and the obvious deal, I have to give it a 10. It not only gave me a few days of hardcore gaming playing through Portal and HL2:Ep 2 and the TF2 beta but now that TF2 is officially released, it now provides me with hours upon hours of entertainment (between school work anyway). Expand
  56. DavidK.
    Oct 20, 2007
    All of the new items have their place, and the old items will really satisfy anyone who hasn't played them (since they can be given as gifts) Some people would just sell two of these games for $50-$60. Valve is giving you 5. Even though every one of these games is contender for a GOTY award somewhere, each one of them is $10. TF2 is ludicrously fun and has been named "an easy pick All of the new items have their place, and the old items will really satisfy anyone who hasn't played them (since they can be given as gifts) Some people would just sell two of these games for $50-$60. Valve is giving you 5. Even though every one of these games is contender for a GOTY award somewhere, each one of them is $10. TF2 is ludicrously fun and has been named "an easy pick over Halo 3 multiplayer", Portal is the first game that reviewer Yahtzee has said "These words sound ludicrous coming out of my mouth, but I can't think of any criticism for it. I'm SERIOUS, this is the most fun you'll have with your PC until they invent a force-feedback codpiece." Expand
  57. FrederikL.
    Oct 20, 2007
    I used steam and bought this a few weeks before it was released (Pre-Purchased) i only had Half-Life 2 and one of my friends wanted to try it. Whit the box then on Steam if you own Half-Life 2 or Ep1 then you can give the extra one free to a friend, that's what i did. Although i love portal i think i spend around 1 hour or so on completing it all now, did it around 20 times, but I used steam and bought this a few weeks before it was released (Pre-Purchased) i only had Half-Life 2 and one of my friends wanted to try it. Whit the box then on Steam if you own Half-Life 2 or Ep1 then you can give the extra one free to a friend, that's what i did. Although i love portal i think i spend around 1 hour or so on completing it all now, did it around 20 times, but still it's awesome alot of websites where mappers are making Maps (What a surprice...) you can find alot of bonus maps for Portal and the advanced test chambers are very cool. For me who pre-purchased on Steam i got Team Fortress 2 (Beta) before the actual release and a week before the release i could pre-download both Ep2 and Portal (I could download Ep1 instantly). So i would say that this package contains 5 games based on one or the best gaming engine ever made. Source. Expand
  58. AaronS.
    Oct 24, 2007
    One of the best pc games to ever come out. EP 2 takes you deeper into the half life story with a cliff hanger ending that has you begging for EP 3 to come out. TF2 is a mp game that gets it all right. Thoe i do miss the nades the game makes up for it with the loads of classes to chose from. Portals is the best puzle game ever. Get all these PLUSE half life 2 and ep1 for 60 its the deal of One of the best pc games to ever come out. EP 2 takes you deeper into the half life story with a cliff hanger ending that has you begging for EP 3 to come out. TF2 is a mp game that gets it all right. Thoe i do miss the nades the game makes up for it with the loads of classes to chose from. Portals is the best puzle game ever. Get all these PLUSE half life 2 and ep1 for 60 its the deal of a life time most new games cost around 50 and your getting 3 new and 2 classics this is not to be passed up! Expand
  59. BertD.
    Oct 26, 2007
    The orange box is a great package with the best games. As Messiah down below stated here you see how child'ish and stupid people can be. A dumb x360 fanboy as i see it. Half life 2 Episode 2 is the most innovating game of the series. Why? All the situations you are dropped into are brand new. I had great fun playing it and i'm still playing it over and over and over again. The orange box is a great package with the best games. As Messiah down below stated here you see how child'ish and stupid people can be. A dumb x360 fanboy as i see it. Half life 2 Episode 2 is the most innovating game of the series. Why? All the situations you are dropped into are brand new. I had great fun playing it and i'm still playing it over and over and over again. Compared to Halo 3 it's nothing. The Halo games are overhyped and unbalanced in the storyline with the weapons and other stuff. Halo has never beaten what Half life and Half life 2 made: a legendary reputation with quality games and a huge still growing community of gamers, mappers, modders, fans and more. Everybody would know this if they would not be so close minded and played by the illussion of a hype that is bound to die in a few months. The community of the Half life games or maybe say all the sourcegames is kept alive because of the succes of the series. Counter strike, Half life 2 and more have a huge community of gamers that Halo will never beat. Expand
  60. SeanL.
    Oct 30, 2007
    There are few games that offer the quality that is present in each one of the games that come in the Orange Box. For those that have never played any of the Half-Life games, getting all the current ones is a great deal for only $50 - less than what it costs to get one iteration of the Halo series. For those that have followed the chronicles of Gordon Freeman through the years, Portal, There are few games that offer the quality that is present in each one of the games that come in the Orange Box. For those that have never played any of the Half-Life games, getting all the current ones is a great deal for only $50 - less than what it costs to get one iteration of the Halo series. For those that have followed the chronicles of Gordon Freeman through the years, Portal, Team Fortress 2, and Episode 2 make it worth the money anyway. My pick of the five (or really, three) is definitely Portal - although it is short, it is deliciously short - in such a way that it does not break a brilliant concept by extending it past its prime. The last level leads you on a merry chase and culminates in a thrilling (and hilarious) battle, followed by what are the best credits in that last five years, without a doubt. Although the first time through the game isn't too hard, coming back and trying some of the advanced levels and bonus challenges will try even those that consider themselves intellectual gamers. It ends, of course, but it's an ending that leaves a pleasant feeling in you - almost like the aftertaste of cake, if you will. Half-Life 2: Episode 2 is an excellent continuation of the Half-Life series. The graphics have been updated, and although they probably won't blow anyone's mind away, they don't look dated - an achievement for an engine built in 2004. The storyline progresses smoothly, with its fair share of tense moments and heart-pounding battles. The score is excellently done, always adding to the mood rather than distracting players from the game. The finale is epic as promised, involving striders, hunters, a stripped down Camero, and a lot of explosions. Although the gameplay itself hasn't changed, more of a great concept is as better than a shabby new one. Finally, we have Team Fortress 2. Given the history behind Half-Life and its connection to good multiplayer games (Counterstrike, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress Classic - even though they all started out as mods) you should expect nothing but the best, and the best it is. While this won't tear away the fans of ultrarealism that play America's Army because it's sponsored by the U.S. Army, this offering of the Orange Box will pretty much tug in any other multiplayer shooter gamer. It has something for everything - the sniper for those that adore Counterstrike's AWP, the Heavy for those that like lugging around a machine gun, a scout for those Unreal Tournament players that don't stop moving, or even the medic, for the precious few that enjoy healing others. Most importantly, it mixes a lot of gameplay into a gigantic smorgasboard of fun - with unique personalities behind the characters, hilarious taunts, and a nice kill cam so you always know why you died (and hopefully don't repeat your mistakes). Competitive leagues like cevo and CAL have already added it to their list of games; it's a great multiplayer game because it's fun to watch and play. Given that Half-Life 2 and Episode 1 have both been reviewed numerous times, I won't do that here. However, I would like to note a couple things that I don't know if too many other reviewers have picked up on. The first is achievements. The replay value added to the game by adding side objectives that give you achievements when you complete them is an excellent touch. Good job, you beat the game. But did you take the gnome from the start of the game to the end? How about beating that level in Portal with four portals instead of eleven? It's good you got that opposing sniper in 2fort, but you're still a long way from getting 25 headshots, aren't you? The achievements are varied in both objective and difficulty, ranging from simply completing the game to doing insane feats that require expert tracking, hunting, and shooting skills. They're icing on a great cake that can double the replay value of the game. The other feature of the Orange Box first debuted on the tech demo Half-Life 2: Lost Coast. It was called developer commentary, and it's a great treat for anyone remotely interested in the design and production of these games. In each game, the developer commentaries remark on the design of the map, the technology that goes into it, and the overall production process. A varied and in depth look into how games are made is not something that comes standard these days, which is why it's more impressive that Valve has chosen to share with us these pearls of thought. A release like The Orange Box restores my faith in games. In an industry where the average joe will shell out $50 for a few days of mediocre gameplay, The Orange Box will gives us months, at the least, of excellent story, gameplay, and more. Expand
  61. AnonymousMC
    Oct 4, 2007
    Wicked game! Hijacking is tonnes of fun!
  62. AndySimpson
    Oct 8, 2007
    The TF2 beta test is available to play right now, and it's frankly just astonishing. The Orange Box is almost worth full price just for that, then you get Half-Life 2, Episode One, Two and Portal thrown in.

That's easily 30+ hours of some of the best quality singleplayer to be had, along with awesome multiplayer. You can't recommend this collection enough.
  63. PatrickShelley
    Sep 24, 2007
    stunning sequel to the Team Fortress Classic. Total revamp in-as-much as the source engine that drives it, the gameplay and the style.

As far as sequels go - most do not live up to the mark, let alone surpass it. Well done valve - it was worth waiting 9 years for this!!
  64. ColinWright
    Jan 10, 2008
    I have a feeling that Adam R hasn't even played the first half-life, so of course your not going to be interested in the storyline because you have absolutley no f-ing clue whats going on. Halo has nothing better than this, No great story like hl2 and the episodes, TF2 is way more fun than halo multiplayer, and Portal itself may be better than halo and deserve a 10 by itself
  65. Kevin
    Jan 6, 2008
    You cannot beat the value of this collection. The whole Half-Life 2 series to date is unparalleled, Portal is one of the most original and fun games ever, and Team Fortress 2 is the best multiplayer experience i've ever had. Buy this game.
  66. LezhninD.
    Feb 14, 2008
    The best games ever made in one box? What is it? It's Orange box!
  67. ChrisH.
    Feb 4, 2008
    This has 5 awsome games in it so I will show you my scores for all of them: HL2-10 HL2E1-9 HL2E2-10 Portal-9 TF2-9 So overall it's a perfect 10/10!
  68. seanjhonson
    Mar 1, 2008
    it's just perfect... the best combo ever!!!!
    i think it's cause they'r hardly tested...imperfections are always being updated and fixed... making the game better and better ... u never get bored... it' always a new feature, a new map ....... a new game! "10" 4 u guys!!!!!!!!
  69. DylanK.
    Mar 3, 2008
    Best $40 I've ever spent.Half Life 2 is one of the best Single Player FPS out there, and will remain to be long afterwards. Portal is an amazing puzzle game, very intuitive and fresh concept for a game. Team Fortress II is my pride and joy, with amazing graphics and just the right amount of chaos to go with the cartoonish graphics.
  70. JoeB
    Apr 4, 2008
    At first i was annoyed when i found out that i would have to pay for half-life 2 and e1 twice, as well as tf2 and portal which i did not really want. I thought i just need e2. I was wrong. I thank valve for making me get those as they were all some of the best games i have ever played.
  71. RubenC.
    Jun 23, 2008
    Best pack I have ever seen. I love team fortress 2.
  72. BudBlue
    Jul 7, 2008
    The most rewarding video game purchase I have ever made. A couple hundred hours dumped into TF2 alone.
  73. MattM.
    Aug 2, 2008
    This package is probably the best pack and deal you would get. It is mixed with action to puzzling first person shooters. I especially loved Team Fortress 2. All the different maps and stuff would blow your mind! In the pack was most of the Half Life collection. It's a great deal!
  74. EduardoV.
    Aug 9, 2008
    Awesome pack from VALVe, it has great singleplayer action with Half-Life 2, legendary multiplayer fun with Team Fortress 2, and a hilarious puzzle game with Portal. The Orange Box is surely the best game i ever bought! Greetings from Portugal.
  75. AnonymousMC
    Jul 7, 2009
    half life 2(including all the episodes) is one of my favorite games ever made- It's in my TOP 3! and to that one guy who is comparing halo 3, one of the worst games ive ever played, to half life 2, you haven't played this game yet. when u go on steam, you dont have to buy the games! its just like the xbox live marketplace(yes, i have and xbox and u could buy half life for it) buthalf life 2(including all the episodes) is one of my favorite games ever made- It's in my TOP 3! and to that one guy who is comparing halo 3, one of the worst games ive ever played, to half life 2, you haven't played this game yet. when u go on steam, you dont have to buy the games! its just like the xbox live marketplace(yes, i have and xbox and u could buy half life for it) but you can buy full games on it. i agree with you when you say that if you lose your account all your games are gone, and you can't reenter any codes you got with the game disk. but valve will probably fix that. i also have to say, if u think there is nothing innovative about half life, then tell me, whats innovative about halo? there's a sword made of energy? Gee, that's never been done before in any sci fi book, movie, game ect. and if you hate steam, go and complain to the companys, not in a review for a game that would kick halo 3's arse any day of the week. sure, halo was fun for the first few weeks it came out, but it got real old real fast. Expand
  76. MatthewL.
    Aug 24, 2009
    OMG the orange box is so f@ &#ing. the best videogaming deal ever. many many hours of game play. the only thing that i did not like was how short Portal's story was (about 2-3 hours) if u have 30$ and a brain GO BUY IT NOW. u wont be disapointed
  77. DionisB
    Jan 13, 2010
    I was going to the store to give Left 4 Dead 2 a shot since the price had been lowered (but still it wasn't low) and I saw The Orange Box for 19.99 euros. Could this be? The favourite game saga of mine and one of the funniest multilplayer game ever in a box for a cheap price? Really, I don't regret not buying L4D2 since the purchase of The Orange Box might have been one of the I was going to the store to give Left 4 Dead 2 a shot since the price had been lowered (but still it wasn't low) and I saw The Orange Box for 19.99 euros. Could this be? The favourite game saga of mine and one of the funniest multilplayer game ever in a box for a cheap price? Really, I don't regret not buying L4D2 since the purchase of The Orange Box might have been one of the smartest, unregretable choices of my life! You could not fail with The Orange Box, you just can't. Because it's made by Valve, which never fails to deliever. NEVER! Expand
  78. BrandonL.
    Jan 31, 2010
    I don't know what to say it's so good. Simply the best action/puzzle/shooter genre purchase available for the PC. Even at 1.5 times the price it would still be that good. This is a must buy for fans of these genres if there ever was one.
  79. MikeO.
    Oct 11, 2007
    worth the money, only weak link is HL2:Episode 1 but the other games are just amazing.
  80. RuiF.
    BrainMelting Offbeat Genius.
  81. JohnB.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Value, thats it. Amazing games, lots of fun. All bring something to the table for a great low price.
  82. JonM.
    Oct 11, 2007
    This game is so much fun! It is seriously one of the best games I have played in some time!
  83. lukaszrudnicki
    Oct 11, 2007
    How often do u play a PC game and think "i've never doen this before", and it's fun. I ahven't done that since I was finished with quake 1 and the respective mods. Granted iportal can be completed in under 7 hours, so can episode 2. Regardless, portal alone deserves a 10, for novelty and lots of fun. Then you add even MORE items to the orange box. 10 is an understatement.
  84. Slackiller
    Oct 11, 2007
    Fun game, pretty balanced. I miss the grenades.
  85. MikeM.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Brilliant collection, every game in here is a AAA title, and all for £25, bargain
  86. JonathanV.
    Oct 11, 2007
    This was the best in the series by far. They really got their coreography down. The cinematics and graphics were AMAZING! I was very impressed. Can't wait for the third, shame that right as they get great at developing the game, the series'll be over. Oh, this is the first Half life with an ending that wasn't an explosion in your face! Very impressive, it's worth the This was the best in the series by far. They really got their coreography down. The cinematics and graphics were AMAZING! I was very impressed. Can't wait for the third, shame that right as they get great at developing the game, the series'll be over. Oh, this is the first Half life with an ending that wasn't an explosion in your face! Very impressive, it's worth the $50. Portal was a blast too. Expand
  87. MatthewH.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Amazing game! So addicting, i just cant stop playing!
  88. MikeB.
    Oct 10, 2007
    Half life 2 and its two episodes are amazing, the game continually puts out exactly what any good FPS player needs. Portal is an amazing game, it has lots of potential to grow. The first few maps are very easy and teach the mechanics. After these scenarios the game becomes quite challenging, and actually involves a bit of knowledge in physics to figure out where you will land with your Half life 2 and its two episodes are amazing, the game continually puts out exactly what any good FPS player needs. Portal is an amazing game, it has lots of potential to grow. The first few maps are very easy and teach the mechanics. After these scenarios the game becomes quite challenging, and actually involves a bit of knowledge in physics to figure out where you will land with your portal. TF2 is just an awesome game, though it is best played on a server with friendly fire enabled. If friendly fired is enabled it makes life as a spy much more difficult as anyone can shoot you with no repercussions. Overall I give the pack a 10/10. A MUST HAVE! I suggest the source package, or the valve package if you do not have the other games associated with valve (DoD, CS, and the like). Expand
  89. PhilipD.
    Oct 10, 2007
    Very good package, for people who haven't already got Half Life 2 or Episode 1. For those who do, it's unfair that we had to spend £10 more on the Orange Box than we would have on the Black Box. Still, Valve's a business and their marketing has got another £10 out of me. Onto the games. TEAM FORTRESS 2 - It would be unfair for me to judge it, with me being a CSS Very good package, for people who haven't already got Half Life 2 or Episode 1. For those who do, it's unfair that we had to spend £10 more on the Orange Box than we would have on the Black Box. Still, Valve's a business and their marketing has got another £10 out of me. Onto the games. TEAM FORTRESS 2 - It would be unfair for me to judge it, with me being a CSS player. I'm not into Team Fortress, though the graphics are pretty, original and the gameplay is fast paced and exciting. Shame more coordination isn't shown at the moment on public servers, but it'll get there in time. Nice dam level. Portal - very good game, original, distorting and could get some 'non fps' players to buy the package. It's just like the simple puzzle games we all know and love, but with great graphics and strange voices (If you can get them working, I had to reinstall it). Half Life 2 Episode 2 - More of the same, really, but with more vulnerable characters and plot wists. Unlike Episode 1, it actually advances with the story line and the graphics look much better in some places. Same weapons, a coupld of new enemies, including one super cute dismembered fast zombie which I laughed out loud at when I saw it! Half life 2 and Episode 1 are also fantastic. In my opinion, I would rather see Half Life 3 than yet another episodic package. It might ake longer to come out, but we've been waiting over a year for this expansion alone. It's more of the same, gets finished within 5 hours and doesn't leave one hundredth the impact that Half Life 3 would. I'm not complaining about the quality, I just wish they could advance to Half Life 3. When I bought Half Life 2, I played no other game for several months. The multi player physics were revolutionary and the graphics and gameplay unbeatable. The Source Engine has a lot of expansion, though I just wish they could take the plunge and make the ultimate engine for Half Life 3, with real time lighting, env maps, super realistic physics etc. Other than that, great package- but after about 3 expansions it's going the same way as the Sims series. Please, Valve, finish there 3 episodic packages then start on Half Life 3. Expand
  90. Recoton007
    Oct 10, 2007
    An excellent package overall. At a great bargain price of $50, it is certainly worth the price. However, it would have been nice if gamers of the Half-Life series had a discount, if they already had HL2 and HL2:EP1. All in all, an excellent package, which is certainly worth the price. However, I'm convinced that the discontinued "Black Box" (which excludes the original 2 Half-LifeAn excellent package overall. At a great bargain price of $50, it is certainly worth the price. However, it would have been nice if gamers of the Half-Life series had a discount, if they already had HL2 and HL2:EP1. All in all, an excellent package, which is certainly worth the price. However, I'm convinced that the discontinued "Black Box" (which excludes the original 2 Half-Life games) would have been a much better bargain for PC gamers. A must buy if you are new to the series! Expand
  91. JohnS
    Oct 11, 2007
    Every game included in the orange Orange Box is Uniquely amazing. The orange Box will set a new standard of quality and entertainment by which all games will ascribe to... only the Orange Box did it first!
  92. JodyO.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Ok, here is the deal. This IS the best deal of the century for a FPS fan. The content is amazing, and Team Fortress 2, Portal, and of course Half Life are all unreal. If you don't own this on the PC you really should! Here is my 1 complaint: A few years ago, Steam offered Halflife 2, along with every other game that Valve made. At that time, I spent like $70.00 or so to purchase that Ok, here is the deal. This IS the best deal of the century for a FPS fan. The content is amazing, and Team Fortress 2, Portal, and of course Half Life are all unreal. If you don't own this on the PC you really should! Here is my 1 complaint: A few years ago, Steam offered Halflife 2, along with every other game that Valve made. At that time, I spent like $70.00 or so to purchase that package. Valve did not offer an "upgrade" path so that the true early adopters of steam got any type of discount. Instead we had to buy Half Life 2 AGAIN, and several other games. They did give us the option to "gift" Half Life 2, but most everyone I know already has the game. Anyway, it is an awesome collection to have, and money well spent. I just wonder how the gameplay is on the 360! Expand
  93. AlfredG.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Killer game, great value. Worth the money just for Team Fortress 2 and Episode Two! The rest is icing on the cake if you never played the 1st two installments of the series. Get it!
  94. E.Cook
    Oct 12, 2007
    You have to got to be kidding me! Valve released a bundle of games for the price of one???? Have I hit a gaming lottery? Everyone take note: This is the best deal on the planet. You not only get a variety of games, but they have been created with the best engine on the planet! As long as Valve continues to produce games, they will have my money. Period.
  95. SeanR.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Very fun and intense, story is told to u in the usual way.
  96. NikG.
    Oct 12, 2007
    This is gonna be the best game of the year, team fortress 2 is amazing and different, portal just fantastic i really enjoy the puzzle solving and episode 2, lets just say i can't waite for episode 3!
  97. AlanD.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Aside from being a bit short, Portal is by far the most fun I've had in quite awhile.
  98. BryceR.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Absolutely amazing! This is the best deal out there! I love Half life 2 and i can't believe it all comes in one package! I've never played the first Team Fortress, but I am totally addicted to this! I play it every single day for a long time. Portal is just plain addictive. It really makes you think hard about how to go about moving along, even though i dont understand the plot Absolutely amazing! This is the best deal out there! I love Half life 2 and i can't believe it all comes in one package! I've never played the first Team Fortress, but I am totally addicted to this! I play it every single day for a long time. Portal is just plain addictive. It really makes you think hard about how to go about moving along, even though i dont understand the plot behind it, yet... it is still amazing! Expand
  99. DenisS.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Produced with love. They are love gaming and money. And, yes, they have style!
  100. MaxB.
    Oct 10, 2007
    This is a very fun game. Too bad that it just takes a few hours to go throu the story line.

1. Leave it to Valve to deliver the goods on such an ambitious game package...The Orange Box is one of the finest compilations of gaming content ever produced. [Nov 2007, p.58]
    Not only do you get the best single player first person shooter ever created, you also get the two next chapters, a 3D puzzle game that also happens to live in the Half-Life universe and a terrifically fun team-based multiplayer first-person shooter. This is a lot of game in one package for only 50 dollars.
    The Orange Box offers everything any fan of first-person shooters could possibly want: some of the best single-player gaming ever in the shape of Half-Life 2 and Episodes One and Two; wonderful innovation from Portal, and the most refined, downright fun team-based online FPS currently available in Team Fortress 2. If that doesn't warrant a 10 out of 10, nothing does.