The Orange Box PC

9.2

1. MysenShearer
    Sep 23, 2007
    It doesn't matter what kind of game this is. If it's from Valve, they will definately deliver. This is very well the best deal of the century. The long awaited Team Fortress 2, the fun and awesome looking Portal, and the continuation to the great Half-Life story, all for 50 bucks is the best deal ever. You won't get a better deal anywhere.
  2. MorganS
    Sep 28, 2007
    While the only game ive played so far is the beta of TF2, that game alone is easily worth the $45 pre-order. While TF2 is not a complete 10 at the moment, and does have a small number of maps to play, i can only guess that the number will incrase as players create new maps, and re-create the old maps. i personaly would only give TF2 a 9 of 10, but with the inclusion of episode 2 andWhile the only game ive played so far is the beta of TF2, that game alone is easily worth the $45 pre-order. While TF2 is not a complete 10 at the moment, and does have a small number of maps to play, i can only guess that the number will incrase as players create new maps, and re-create the old maps. i personaly would only give TF2 a 9 of 10, but with the inclusion of episode 2 and portal, i think its easily worth the one extra point. So far, the only things that bug me with this whole concept is that there is no discount for those of us who already have HL2 and episode one(allthough it is cool that they let us give them away). and the only reason i realy give TF2 a 9 out of 10 is due to a little class imbalance and the dislike of critical hits in the game. Expand
  3. EricE.
    Jan 20, 2008
    This is by far one of the best packages of games I have ever owned/played! I had always wanted to play HL2 but never had the money. So I bought this on Black Friday for half price. I loved HL2 and both expansions. Excellent game just like the original. I also really enjoyed Portal and thought it was a awesome gem of a game hidden in the box. It was almost like opening a gift and finding This is by far one of the best packages of games I have ever owned/played! I had always wanted to play HL2 but never had the money. So I bought this on Black Friday for half price. I loved HL2 and both expansions. Excellent game just like the original. I also really enjoyed Portal and thought it was a awesome gem of a game hidden in the box. It was almost like opening a gift and finding money in the box as well! I am not much of a online fps player so TF2 isn't really my thing but I have played it for a few hours and it was fun even if I only lived for a maximum of 26 seconds at a time (really, that is my record). Expand
  4. MikeR.
    Jan 9, 2008
    The orange box package is unlike any other package available. With TF2's awesome gameplay and HL2's unbeatable plot, the orange box rates in at a 10 on my scale. TF2 and HL2 are the cake, but the rest is a very sweet icing.
  5. ArthurL.
    Feb 22, 2008
    This must be the best collection made by the man. -Half-Life 2 -Half-Life 2:Episode One -Half-Life 2:Episode Two -Portal -Team Fortress 2 Never in this world they gonna make a game so good like Half-Life 2 and Episodes One and Two.
  6. ConnorC
    Mar 21, 2008
    This package is just amazing. 3 great games and there is something for everyone! Half life 2 for the amazing storyline gamers. TF2 for those multiplayer loving fans and portal I found fantastic! Valve really managed to make the puzzle game genre incredibly fun and it had a awesome and funny story to go with it! Top score!
  7. Mike
    Apr 4, 2008
    Yeah... HL2 episode 2 lasted for 2 weeks and I was done. But I am still playing TF2 to this day!!! and its been months now! a great gteat package! Excellent!
  8. ChristopherF.
    Apr 8, 2008
    Valve's Orange Box is most definitely the best gaming package ever to be released.
  9. timpayne
    May 16, 2008
    this is the first purchase worth 100% of my money and 100% rewarding in gameplay. The is 2 part immense single player boxed with a long awaited team based multiplayer that just keeps on pulling out more and more features. they need to re-review this game now that the medic update has been released.
  10. Lambu
    May 21, 2008
    Yeah, this is the one of the best game package! HL is the best gameserie EVER!
  11. HelderV.
    Jun 7, 2008
    Funny addictive game, the developers are always updating and upgrading the game.
  12. BobB.
    Sep 7, 2008
    Almost any game being sold for 10 dollars is amazing, but five of the best ever created for 10 dollars each is beyond description.
  13. MarcelB
    Aug 22, 2009
    This mite be the best game of all time i mean like really first of all 5 games which are one of the top in the world second the price and third they fit perfectly together because first you do is play a epic and long fps campaign second you solve amazing puzzles because you finished the campaign and third you finished everything and you still have endless fun playing a multiplayer mode.
  14. JordanG
    Sep 21, 2009
    Along with Perfect Dark this box set is the most amazign FPS experience ever. Even the Half-Life 2 package alone would get a 10 from me
  15. JJKingsly
    Oct 11, 2007
    Phenomenal package. TF2 is awesome, Portal is very, very good and Episode 2 rocks. Being able to gift out the other games to Steam accounts if already have them is cool also.
  16. ThomasGrønkjær-F.
    Oct 11, 2007
    The compilation gets 10/10 simply because its the deal of the century. Awesome games, and awesome storytelling!
  17. RobinG.
    Oct 11, 2007
    I finished Episode two and portal in less than 9 hours This fact does not mean that the orange box was a bad deal Episode two continues a brilliant story and everyone who likes the hl story MUST buy this game Portal has a very short playtime but there's a chance, that there will be a large community creating new maps for it, the idea behind the game is really cool and the game itself I finished Episode two and portal in less than 9 hours This fact does not mean that the orange box was a bad deal Episode two continues a brilliant story and everyone who likes the hl story MUST buy this game Portal has a very short playtime but there's a chance, that there will be a large community creating new maps for it, the idea behind the game is really cool and the game itself is addictive Team Fortress 2 is one of the best multiplayer games i ever played even if you have the worst stats in the world the game is still fun because of its grapics and its gameplay. Expand
  18. AaronJ.
    Oct 11, 2007
    The value alone is worth a 10 - Team Fortress 2 is wildly fun, Portal is extremely innovative, and from what I've experienced of Episode 2 so far, looks amazing.
  19. Sickboy
    Oct 11, 2007
    An incredible package. Portal alone is an inspired piece of entertainment engineering and achieves a rare transcendence that few films, novels, albums and games can.
  20. TimP.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Really nice game, awesome feeling and awesome story. Loved the game all the way through. Although it was too short and too easy. My expectations were too high it seemes, but I will give it a 9
  21. Petrovski
    Oct 11, 2007
    The best package ever produced for fans of the first person shooter, not only for price but for remaining true to what the genre is supposed to be. Put simply, this package is just pure, unadulterated, fun!
  22. DavidWebb
    Oct 11, 2007
    A incredibly fun pack of games. I haven't finished Half-life Episode 2 yet, though I'm well into it. Portal is absolutely wonderful! I love Portal! It's pure candy. The Orange Box is amazingly good fun. I recently built a new desktop system that has the ability to run the Orange Box's games wide open and still provide better than 80 fps. I'm so glad that I did. My A incredibly fun pack of games. I haven't finished Half-life Episode 2 yet, though I'm well into it. Portal is absolutely wonderful! I love Portal! It's pure candy. The Orange Box is amazingly good fun. I recently built a new desktop system that has the ability to run the Orange Box's games wide open and still provide better than 80 fps. I'm so glad that I did. My old desktop could never have played these games and they are great. The folks at Valve have hit an out-of-the-park grand-slam home-run! Expand
  23. MikeD.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Brilliant, simply brilliant. Contains 3 of the best games this year, portal, episode 2 and team fortress 2.
  24. Will
    Oct 11, 2007
    It would have been a 10 if the story was longer (beat it the first night it was released in roughly 3 hours ) and the plot a bit more involved . but the real meat of the game is going to be in community made maps . for its few flaws its still groundbreaking and one of my all time favorite games . and ive only had it a few days .
  25. JamesH.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Absolutely fantastic- some of everything in terms of genres, but all of the best in those fields, and some mind-blasting storytelling and gameplay with Portal.
  26. AndrewC.
    Portal and TF2 rock, excellent value, excellent games
  27. DanielF.
    Oct 11, 2007
    The incredible game package added to the amazing price makes this box a must have for any gamer. Portal is simply one of the best games ever made. The idea is so well implemented that you can do anything you can imagine. Team Fortress 2 a cartoonistic fps that will make you go wild. Half-Life 2 Episode Two..simply no words.
  28. TrevorY.
    Oct 11, 2007
    I just purchased portal and im allready hooked!! best game ever played!!
  29. AdamO.
    Oct 11, 2007
    All 3 (new) games in this box are absolutely outstanding.
  30. JulioA.
    Oct 11, 2007
    This is the best package of all time, Half Life 2: Episode Two is the best FPS in the history
  31. ThomasM.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Great game, it really makes you think. Very well done. One of the hardest games I have had the played. Controls are easy game play is well done. Easy to play, Hard to master
  32. DiegoN.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Best quality at lowest price. Each bit worth the money. 100% art.
  33. JoeG.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Best sequel to a game ive ever seen. The action is non-stop from beginning to end and the cut-scene and character interactions are INCREDIBLE!!
  34. MarkP.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Each of the games are brilliant, but I must say, it's a 10 out of 10 because I'm still laughing from the end credits music on Portal. Hilarious!
  35. RandyM.
    Oct 11, 2007
    This game set is magnificent. The fun in Portal, the suspense in Episode 2, and the fiendish teamplay in Team Fortress 2 are well worth the low price of the pack.
  36. HernandezE.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Wonderful. Finally TF returns with proper glory. Now all we need is CTF with runes.
  37. UltraJ.
    Oct 11, 2007
    What more can I say? 10!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loved HL1 and HL2, Portal was an excellent and unique experience, cant wait to see new challenges!
  38. BenjaminE.
    Nov 13, 2007
    Superb graphics and model engine. Brilliant character themes fand gameplay for Team Fortress 2. Portal is most original. The Half-Life series continues...to blow me away!
  39. JonasH.
    Nov 14, 2007
    For what you could want from an FPS collection this is ultimate. Not only are you entertained for hours of chronological gameplay through the masterpiece Half-Life 2 and Episode One and Two. You are also given, in my opinion one of the best multiplayer games in time and several hours of challenging gameplay through the most innovative puzzle game ever, Portal. This was most definitely For what you could want from an FPS collection this is ultimate. Not only are you entertained for hours of chronological gameplay through the masterpiece Half-Life 2 and Episode One and Two. You are also given, in my opinion one of the best multiplayer games in time and several hours of challenging gameplay through the most innovative puzzle game ever, Portal. This was most definitely worth the ~70$ I paid, and had it cost $100 I still would have felt comfortable I had made a good deal. Indisputably the best buy you could make! Expand
  40. BradS.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Had this been a full game, it would have EASILY taken game of the year award.
  41. ChrisC.
    Oct 12, 2007
    A bundle of pure gaming goodness, featuring some of the best games every made (including THE best game ever made), Portal, Team Fortress 2, Peggle Extreme, and all at a standard price. Gaming has never seen a day like this, and I reckon there won't be one for quite a while to come.
  42. AlexS.
    Oct 12, 2007
    AMAZING collection of outstanding games! Worth every second of the wait!
  43. ThorstenH.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Epsiode2 is the best Game i have ever played. It`s amazing! Portal is something new and really funny!
  44. Wil
    Oct 12, 2007
    This is easily the best packaged deal I've ever bought. Especially since I've never played any of the Half-Life2 games. Go get one, all the top games inside work out to like 12 bucks each.
  45. MarkM.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Half Life 2 Episode 2 is an extremely well scripted and thought out game. Portal is a great puzzle game. Team Fortress 2 is fun to play and has a great style which sets it apart from other multiplayer FPS games. And we mustn't forget Peggle Extreme, this addictive little puzzle game is a welcome bonus.
  46. MadsG.
    Oct 12, 2007
    This is a brilliant game. Both fun, entertaining, and with a well written story. Blew my mind.
  47. Sveins.
    Oct 12, 2007
    So nice , its just like playing in a movie.
  48. MikeN.
    Oct 12, 2007
    If I'm rating the value of the Orange Box, then It's a 10. You get 5 amazing games for only $50. Now that is a screaming deal. If I'm rating the games then read the following. HL2 Ep2: 2 new enemies and the best gameplay since HL2. Things are starting to feel a little old though. 8/10 Portal: One of the best games I've played in a long while. Very fun and a great If I'm rating the value of the Orange Box, then It's a 10. You get 5 amazing games for only $50. Now that is a screaming deal. If I'm rating the games then read the following. HL2 Ep2: 2 new enemies and the best gameplay since HL2. Things are starting to feel a little old though. 8/10 Portal: One of the best games I've played in a long while. Very fun and a great ending, if a little short. 8/10 TF2: A very fun multiplayer expierence. I can see this game sticking around for quite a while. Small map selection right now though. 9/10 Expand
  49. JarretA.
    Oct 12, 2007
    This game rocks, the Ending Song had me laughing so hard it hurt !!
  50. DoisK.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Words cannot describe the awesomeness of this awesome package. You'll have to experience it for yourself.
  51. MichaelP.
    Nov 27, 2007
    Great Package! I personally bought it for Team Fortress 2. I also had been waiting for portal which turned out to be better than it used to be. The Three Half Life games were good as expected. After buying it I was hit with fresh material for about a month of gaming. (Playing 4hrs a day, 5 or 6 times a week.) First of all Team Fortress 2 was a great multiplayer experience to play with Great Package! I personally bought it for Team Fortress 2. I also had been waiting for portal which turned out to be better than it used to be. The Three Half Life games were good as expected. After buying it I was hit with fresh material for about a month of gaming. (Playing 4hrs a day, 5 or 6 times a week.) First of all Team Fortress 2 was a great multiplayer experience to play with friends. Portal is creative, and Half Life is a great, mod-able game. I was overall impressed, the only thing I wish was in TF2 was a ladder or ranking system. A couple more game modes would also be nice, but overall an excellent deal. One of the best games of the year. Expand
  52. RichardHermann
    Oct 13, 2007
    VALVe has done it again. Episode two is another thrilling, cliffhanging, deep story installment of the Half Life series; Portal, spoilers, gives insight into another facet of the storyline never before seen, and Team fortress two is an all out cartoony war between the red and the blue for survival.
  53. ToxicNinja
    Oct 14, 2007
    A seriously epic set of games. Easily 30 hours worth of game not including the commentary or multiplayer which alone is 5 hours for the commentary and unlimited for the awesome multiplayer that is team fortress 2.
  54. MikeK.
    Nov 7, 2007
    A work of pure genius. Perfect exposition, great characterisation, real emotional engagement, absolute enjoyment. Valve are the unmatched masters of PC game development, long may they remain so.
  55. DannyV.V.
    Oct 18, 2007
    This box is downright awesome. Portal is the most innovating game ever, everyone already knows that half-life 2 is amazing, and so are episodes one and two. Team fortress 2 is also a blast.
  56. BrandonT.
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sorry to those who dislike Valve, for what most likely small crowd that may be, but this is just what to expect from the popular gaming company these days. They've nailed what gamers desire in a game. Not only have they developed what I think to be the greatest FPS of all time, Half-Life 2, they've been able to break into a whole new style of gaming with Portal, and its just Sorry to those who dislike Valve, for what most likely small crowd that may be, but this is just what to expect from the popular gaming company these days. They've nailed what gamers desire in a game. Not only have they developed what I think to be the greatest FPS of all time, Half-Life 2, they've been able to break into a whole new style of gaming with Portal, and its just magnificent. Toss in a refreshed Team Fortress 2, been a while since something has been done with that one, and you've got a rock-solid gaming package for any gamer, casual to the most experienced. It's hard to expect anything less than this from Valve. Anyone looking for a well-rounded mix of games, The Orange Box should be your first choice. Great work, Valve! Expand
  57. TimW.
    Dec 11, 2007
    Perfect. This Pack is seriously the best money I've spent since I got a PC. TF2 is the best in between things multiplayer game ever, you can jump on for 15 minutes, have a blast and jump out -- no long round times waiting. Ep2 while not perfect, is still the continuation of a wonderful story. Portal is the best single player game I've played (and funny to boot) since Half-Life. Perfect. This Pack is seriously the best money I've spent since I got a PC. TF2 is the best in between things multiplayer game ever, you can jump on for 15 minutes, have a blast and jump out -- no long round times waiting. Ep2 while not perfect, is still the continuation of a wonderful story. Portal is the best single player game I've played (and funny to boot) since Half-Life. Added bonus of HL2 + HL2 Ep1. Expand
  58. ChrisN.
    Oct 21, 2007
    Portals was the most fun I've had playing a videogame in so long.. And it honestly has the best ending credits song.. Ever.
  59. GuyW.
    Dec 31, 2007
    A great package.....TF2 is a well crafted multiplayer experience, however it needs many more maps. Portal is a nice change of pace from your typical FPS gameplay. HL2 episode one is a joy to play until you realize how short it is. getting HL2 and HL2 episode one in the package is good but I suspect most people buying Orange Box already have those games. Valve does allow you to gift them A great package.....TF2 is a well crafted multiplayer experience, however it needs many more maps. Portal is a nice change of pace from your typical FPS gameplay. HL2 episode one is a joy to play until you realize how short it is. getting HL2 and HL2 episode one in the package is good but I suspect most people buying Orange Box already have those games. Valve does allow you to gift them to others though. Overall I don't think it's the greatest game deal ever but that's not to say it isn't worth getting. Expand
  60. T.S.
    Oct 26, 2007
    Portals, Ep. 2, TFT2, Ep 1, HL 2. Under $60. PERFECT PACKAGE. The HL series revolutionized AI in a way which had never been thought of and the physics engine is still being used years after coming out. The reason PC gamers feel superior to console gamers is now out and some of those poor folk stuck to gamepads are going to join the crazy folk with their keyboards and mice. A facelift Portals, Ep. 2, TFT2, Ep 1, HL 2. Under $60. PERFECT PACKAGE. The HL series revolutionized AI in a way which had never been thought of and the physics engine is still being used years after coming out. The reason PC gamers feel superior to console gamers is now out and some of those poor folk stuck to gamepads are going to join the crazy folk with their keyboards and mice. A facelift gives the newest additions to the HL franchise the graphics update they sorely need while the intense firefights, perfect sound design (sans the music. Never could get behind that damned score) and moments which put Oscar winning movies to shame with their virtual performances, makes HL the king of the FPS hill. I understand Messiah L.'s opinion. Some people hate steam. This is irrelevant. I hate most retail stores, does that mean I am going to give a game a lower score? HL 2 is the definitive reason for sticking to PCs and is a must buy for any gamer. Expand
  61. AndrewS.
    Oct 26, 2007
    Definitely worthy of 10/10, the Orange Box combines 5 great games for the price of one! Even if you only want two of the games in this package, buy it! Portal is the GREATEST game that I've ever played even though its so short, and EP2 is awesome. TF2 is the best multiplayer game that I've ever played because all the classes are fun and balanced.
  62. Adam
    Sep 27, 2007
    I can't comment on Portal or Episode 2, but Team Fortress 2 is what this genre is missing... a seriously fun and competitive multi-player oriented FPS.

Some people who claim to be old-school TFC players will cringe at the differences. But most of those people don't even realize how much TFC was against the grain of the first quake based iterations. Unlike Source versions of classic mods like Counter-Strike or Day of Defeat, TF2 has straight out declared superiority over it's predecessor.
  63. redninja
    Nov 12, 2008
    I love this game. Best game and deal I've had the pleasure of playing. Much better than FPSs like the overrated Halo 2, Star Wars Repulic Comando and GoldenEye IMO. Half-life 2 is Awsome, Half-Life 2 Episode 1 is awsome, Team Fortress 2's awsome, and Protal's awsome (I haven't played Episode 2 yet if you're wandering.) Get it NOW if you don't have it.
  64. MikeZ.
    Feb 24, 2008
    Portal is one of the best puzzle games ever, Team Fortress 2 one of if not the best multiplayer shooters ever, and Episode Two is an awesome addition to an awesome series.
  65. RonaldA.
    Apr 14, 2008
    Orange box is the best for the best value ever!!
  66. CallumL.
    Jun 21, 2008
    By far the best gaming deal of all time I highly recomend it to anyone its great espeacially the new team fortress2 updates they rock!!!
  67. JohnR
    Nov 13, 2009
    I've only just now finished Half-Life 2 and have to admit, despite being an old-school PC gamer and a fan mainly of RPGs and RTSs, that this game has to go down as one of the best I've ever played. My gripe is that, while The Orange Box is undoubtedly superb value - only the Infinity Engine compilations can rival it - it isn't really a game as such and shouldn't be I've only just now finished Half-Life 2 and have to admit, despite being an old-school PC gamer and a fan mainly of RPGs and RTSs, that this game has to go down as one of the best I've ever played. My gripe is that, while The Orange Box is undoubtedly superb value - only the Infinity Engine compilations can rival it - it isn't really a game as such and shouldn't be given a metacritic ranking of its own. Instead it's a compilation of games (Half-Life 2 + Episodes One and Two ; Portal and Team Fortress), the others already having their own separate rankings. All the same I'd advise anyone who has never played Half-Life 2 to get The Orange Box. Expand
  68. JeffG
    Aug 15, 2009
    The absolute best you can do with $30. 5 games, and I give a perfect 10 to every single one of them. I'll just give a short review of each game, shall I? Half-Life 2: The environments are all incredibly engaging and give that perfect feeling of eerie loneliness. The story is beautiful, it unfolds subtly, yet has a great impact. The characters are all beautifully designed and The absolute best you can do with $30. 5 games, and I give a perfect 10 to every single one of them. I'll just give a short review of each game, shall I? Half-Life 2: The environments are all incredibly engaging and give that perfect feeling of eerie loneliness. The story is beautiful, it unfolds subtly, yet has a great impact. The characters are all beautifully designed and interactions between them feel 100% real. Not only that, you find yourself genuinely caring about them. The pacing is phenomenal, the graphics still look great 5 years later. I could go on and on, but I'll just leave it at "Half-Life 2 is the absolute best game ever". Half-Life 2 Episodes 1 and 2: Episode 1 did a very good job of creating a scary environment environment, and the addition of Alyx as a companion makes the trek very fun. As I said, you really care for her, and her AI is the best there is anywhere. She seems totally real, and you begin to feel very glad you have her with you. The environment in Episode 2 was also fantastic, taking place in beautiful (yet eerily lonely) rural areas, and the open world battle at the end felt truly epic thanks to the inclusion of destructible environments. Portal: The story is perfect, the puzzles are a ton of fun, and the black humor is absolutely hilarious. The journey through the abandoned (And eerily lonely, damn Valve is good at that) Aperture research facility is gripping, and the ending battle is both epic and hilarious. There are absolutely no flaws in Portal. One could complain about length, but there are so many beautifully realized community made mappacks for it that you could play nonstop for a year and still have new content you haven't touched yet. Team Fortress 2: Incredible game, what all multiplayer games should be. The classes are all very different from each other, each requiring entirely different tactics, and they balance each other out perfectly. For example, the Heavy can mow down an entire team with his minigun, but he can easily be taken out by a single Spy. The game's unique design ensures that it will still look great 10 years from now. The characters are all incredibly charismatic and funny, and you can tell a lot of heart went into making the game. Expand
  69. JoshW.
    Nov 13, 2007
    This is perhaps the best deal in gaming ever, an aspect commonly overlooked when producing a game, and it doesnt just win there, superb top par graphics STILL after so many years, amazingly easy to run. Each game packed full of excitement, action and "WOW!", the new cinematic physics system really showing its prowess in Portal and HL2, and Team Fortress being a great online addition to This is perhaps the best deal in gaming ever, an aspect commonly overlooked when producing a game, and it doesnt just win there, superb top par graphics STILL after so many years, amazingly easy to run. Each game packed full of excitement, action and "WOW!", the new cinematic physics system really showing its prowess in Portal and HL2, and Team Fortress being a great online addition to their growing list of source based mp titles. Portal is fun throughout, and is an innovative fps experience, HL2EP2 continues where the game left on, and with amazing graphics, continued immersive gameplay and truely groundbreaking cinematic physics - this game is the most polished i have played this year. Truely remarkable. This is just a must buy for any pc owner, with a spec that even settles on low. Expand
  70. AlexM.
    Dec 23, 2007
    Every game in the Orange box is great gaming expierience. Portal is much better than i thought before buying, because of the extreme new gameplay. Team Fortress 2 is just fun to play and Episode Two is another well done Half Life part.
  71. Feb 2, 2011
    You don't need a review. GET IT NOW!

You get Half Life 2, plus episodes 1, 2, and the lost coast level and the potential to use all source engine game mods, and it's all for under $30. Do I even need to elaborate? Don't wait for it online, go to the store and buy it or buy it off of steam as soon as you can. On top of that you get 2 more fun games. Portal is a very interesting 1st
    You don't need a review. GET IT NOW!

On top of that you get 2 more fun games. Portal is a very interesting 1st person sort of puzzle platformer, that is very fun to play and is also set in the Half Life Universe. You also get Team Fortress 2, which is a classic, fun FPS that you should play if you own any FPS. On top of all that, these games use the source engine, which is relatively old, meaning that these games will run on older computers and high end laptops. The only possible con I can think of is the automatic installation of Steam on your PC, which really isn't all that bad. It automatically updates all the games, and it offers good prices for downloadable games. But this doesn't have anything to do with the games themselves.

Why are you still reading? GET IT NOW!
  72. BMF
    Apr 7, 2011
    The best gaming combo pack money can buy and for only 20 bucks. PierreB appears to be a little retarded so ignore his review and pick up this pack you wont regret it.
  73. Jul 27, 2011
    Needless to say the Orange Box is a Stellar product, all of it. Valve really knows how to put together games that PC gamers can get into and play. No dumb down mechanics or gameplay just good pc gamer core fun. I for one will look forward to any product Valve puts out because they take the time to explore what PC gamers want the demand. E'nuff said 10 baby!!!
  74. Feb 25, 2012
    No complaints here. 5 great games in one package at a price of one retail game. Half-life 2 and two of its episodes are triple A class shooters with compelling stories and great writing, Team Fortress 2 is probably the best online FPS game I have ever played and Portal is a unique puzzle platformer that is incomparable with any puzzle game and is also one of the funniest games I have everNo complaints here. 5 great games in one package at a price of one retail game. Half-life 2 and two of its episodes are triple A class shooters with compelling stories and great writing, Team Fortress 2 is probably the best online FPS game I have ever played and Portal is a unique puzzle platformer that is incomparable with any puzzle game and is also one of the funniest games I have ever played. No complaints at all. Expand
  75. Apr 21, 2011
    This is the greatest deal ever. Five games for the price of one. And not only that. All of the games are brilliant masterpieces. You have to love this box.
  76. Mar 24, 2011
    Well, what more does one have to say other than that this came out in 2007 and I bought it on the first day. Now, in 2011, about 5 years later, I still play Team Fortress 2 and challenge myself to Portal.
  77. Sep 21, 2010
    If you have a PC, you should own this. Seriously, this is the best PC game package ever. One of the best first person shooter games of all time (Half-Life 2) and its first two add-on episodes, the hilarious and challenging Portal, and one of the best PC multiplayer games (Team Fortress 2). Chances are, you already own this. If not, what is wrong with you.
  78. Feb 27, 2011
    This simply is the very best what you can get. All in one for a way to cheap price! The engine still functions fantastic and the gameplay still gives you years of fun!
  79. Sep 23, 2010
    A few years old, and still an absolute joy to play. All aspects of this game, from Half-Life 2 to Team Fortress 2 can literally take hours of your life without you even realising it. A particular highlight of the boxset is the inclusion of Portal, probably one of the most trippy games to play, not that its over difficult but the first time you play through it'd probably be wise to be in aA few years old, and still an absolute joy to play. All aspects of this game, from Half-Life 2 to Team Fortress 2 can literally take hours of your life without you even realising it. A particular highlight of the boxset is the inclusion of Portal, probably one of the most trippy games to play, not that its over difficult but the first time you play through it'd probably be wise to be in a sober state. TF2 has to take the biscuit though, a massively fun online shooter, nothing that takes itself too seriously like the people who sit and play CoD all day because they think its "real", this game will have you laughing as 32 characters bounce around the screen shooting rockets and using flame-throwers all on a small map. Definite Purchase for all Expand
  80. Sep 29, 2010
    Probably the single greatest game value of all time - three games in one and all of them are great!!! If you have not indulged yourself in this experience you are really missing a true gem - better hurray before HL3 (or episode 3) come out.
  81. Sep 30, 2010
    Half-life 2+Episodes, Portal and Team Fortress 2 in one package? Awesome. These games deserve all the praise they got and as a package they are great value, Great job Valve.
  82. Dec 4, 2010
    Simply the best buy ever..................................................................................................................................................
  83. Oct 17, 2010
    There is just so much about this game that it just can't explain everything with. It has included Half-Life 2 (a clearly more innovative game than Halo), Portal and Team Fortress 2 (an amazing multiplayer game). Half-life 2: It has an innovative game, and to whoever thinks Halo or whatever game is better, think about this. This game has physics. Not the huge explosion high quality graphicsThere is just so much about this game that it just can't explain everything with. It has included Half-Life 2 (a clearly more innovative game than Halo), Portal and Team Fortress 2 (an amazing multiplayer game). Half-life 2: It has an innovative game, and to whoever thinks Halo or whatever game is better, think about this. This game has physics. Not the huge explosion high quality graphics physics, REAL PHYSICS. There are puzzles for you to solve using the physics engine, realistic situations in a fictional world and the world fits the game perfectly.

Portal: Simple gameplay soon to be expanded. You control a Portal gun, and zap from wall to wall, and when it ends, you'll be asking for more.

Team Fortress 2: Let's put it in a few words: Teamwork, skill, fun, achievements, hats (lol), friends, and cartoon. Put them all together and you have a beautiful multiplayer game.
  84. Apr 21, 2011
    To be blunt, this is the PC gamer's starter kit. For the low price of $30, you get five games, that's $6 a game. All of them are ranked among the best games of all time, mentioned with the likes of other gaming greats. Once you purchase it, the games within quickly become the staples of your gaming library, and the fondest remembered, most notably, Team Fortress 2. This game inTo be blunt, this is the PC gamer's starter kit. For the low price of $30, you get five games, that's $6 a game. All of them are ranked among the best games of all time, mentioned with the likes of other gaming greats. Once you purchase it, the games within quickly become the staples of your gaming library, and the fondest remembered, most notably, Team Fortress 2. This game in particular has a very laid back and generally nice community, there is plenty of fun to be had, you will be laughing even when you lose. The games within the Orange Box are all content that is generally needed to effectively run Garry's Mod, another popular game. Without the Orange Box games, red ERROR signs and the ol' pink and black checkerboards will endlessly annoy you in Gmod (though a copy of Counter Strike Source and Day of Defeat are also highly recommended).
    Even if you want just one of the games within the box, it is still a better deal to buy them all together.

If you call yourself a PC gamer, and you haven't yet played the games with the near legendary Orange Box, you, sir/madam are missing out sorely, and, at least in my opinion, lack the right to call yourself a PC gamer.

Also, the few negative criticisms on this fine collection of games are related to the Steam content delivery system when it was first released, which has since become the proprietary form of delivering video games to PC gamers. Though I still find Steam to be a little bit slow to load and argumentative at moments, everything on this computer has those moments.
  85. Dec 4, 2010
    What's that, you need to be convinced that 5 games for the price of less than one is worth it? Shame on you. Not only does this master piece come with Half life 2 and the first two episodes, which have amazing single player story value, it also comes with Portal, possibly the most innovative game of the year! Then on top of that, when you have to get your multi-player fix, you have one ofWhat's that, you need to be convinced that 5 games for the price of less than one is worth it? Shame on you. Not only does this master piece come with Half life 2 and the first two episodes, which have amazing single player story value, it also comes with Portal, possibly the most innovative game of the year! Then on top of that, when you have to get your multi-player fix, you have one of the most diverse, fun and chaotic team based shooters on the market! Valve really know how to make you think you're stealing from them. Expand
  86. Jan 2, 2011
    5 fantastic games, including the best PC game of all time (HL2), the most entertaining multiplayer game I've ever played (TF2) and a truly revolutionary puzzle game (Portal). And right now you can pick the whole lot up on steam for just £8.49. What's not to like?
  87. Mar 17, 2011
    Why do I even have to write the minimum word count? The games included in this pack are so infinitely awesome that even saying "This is the best thing in existence." should be enough to convince people to buy it. If you like shooters, and you have even a little interest in the half-life story, than I guarantee that this will be the best buy you will ever make.
  88. May 1, 2011
    Portal=awesome, TF2=awesome, Half-Life 2, plus episodes 1&2=priceless. A MUST BUY! Especially now, since it's been out for a long time. If you don't own this, you should.
  89. Apr 28, 2011
    I have one word and just one word for this game package: Awesome!!! It is a heaven for the Half-life and for the First-person shooter fans, and a very interesting Portal that await the gamer in this package. All of the spectacular games with just 20 EUR or 30 $, what are you waiting for to not have it in your collection? Oh you must be anti-gamer to not have it, :). If you are a seriousI have one word and just one word for this game package: Awesome!!! It is a heaven for the Half-life and for the First-person shooter fans, and a very interesting Portal that await the gamer in this package. All of the spectacular games with just 20 EUR or 30 $, what are you waiting for to not have it in your collection? Oh you must be anti-gamer to not have it, :). If you are a serious gamer and you are complaining about your computer doesn't have enough space for this. UPGRADE OR BUY A NEW ONE IMMEDIATELY, or you are missing a legend in game history! Expand
  90. Apr 19, 2011
    The Orange Box is by far one of the most greatest, and best deals that i have ever seen. 5 games that all got a 90 percent rating or above, (with the exception of episode 1), TF2 having a very addicting multilayer with an option to choose from 9 classes which now have new guns, and awesome hats. Portal which is sadly only 4 hours, but having an amazing story, and gameplay, and the HalfThe Orange Box is by far one of the most greatest, and best deals that i have ever seen. 5 games that all got a 90 percent rating or above, (with the exception of episode 1), TF2 having a very addicting multilayer with an option to choose from 9 classes which now have new guns, and awesome hats. Portal which is sadly only 4 hours, but having an amazing story, and gameplay, and the Half Life series. This series mixes intense FPS action, with puzzeles, and a great story. Also to top it all off it is now only 20 dollars. What more do you need. Expand
  91. May 8, 2012
    This pack shows the highlights of the gaming industry, single and multiplayer, I haven't seen anyone else make such a thing of such good quality.

'Some people think that they can outsmart them, maybe... maybe, but I have yet met one who can outsmart bullet'
  92. May 6, 2013
    This bundle includes 3 of the greatest games of all time.
    Half-Life 2 changed the face of gaming and is still a highly emersive, beutiful and fun experiance.
    Team Fortress 2 though free now, still remains the most balanced, creative, diverse and fun multiplayer FPS. Portal's mesh of FPS and Puzzle and flawless voice acting and story has wet to be replicated with such perfection. The
    This bundle includes 3 of the greatest games of all time.
    The Orange Box along with Steam made me switch off Consoles to PC gaming and I've never looked back. Better graphics and more games at a MUCH cheaper price; Better controls (mouse+keyboard) and customization; Endless amounts of Mods; Slightly more mature communities. You can't beat it!
  93. Jan 23, 2012
    If someone haven't played those games so far it's the BEST DEAL out there! I would say that it's a kind of a starter pack for regular+ gamers :) For me Portal was the biggest innovation there but it wasn't until the second part that it really spread its wings.
  94. Jun 13, 2011
    The Orange Box is a great package that makes you want to play its games over and over again. In my opinion, it is one of the greatest PC gaming experiences there is. There are very few games that I personally enjoy to play all around the year and I've been playing it for two years non-stop now.
  95. Jul 7, 2011
    The Orange box could possibly be the best valued retail game of its generation. The single player Half Life games are almost legendary in acclaim, the Multiplayer Team Fortress 2 has become one of the great shooters with a fantastic art style and has since evolved and improved, and the puzzle/shooter Portal was the surprising gem, the icing on a perfect cake. If only the rest of theThe Orange box could possibly be the best valued retail game of its generation. The single player Half Life games are almost legendary in acclaim, the Multiplayer Team Fortress 2 has become one of the great shooters with a fantastic art style and has since evolved and improved, and the puzzle/shooter Portal was the surprising gem, the icing on a perfect cake. If only the rest of the industry had the vision and design skills of Valve we wouldnt be trudging through the immaturity that bogs the gaming industry down so much. Expand
  96. Jul 5, 2011
    This was and still is a must buy, I believe it is even cheaper now so if you don't have it ADD IT TO YOU COLLECTION NOW. Half-Life set the standard in First Person Shooters many years ago, And you are going to seriously lost if you buy the next Installment which is going to be awesome not to mention hard to find on the shelf's during its release.
  97. Jan 22, 2012
    The best game compilation ever. Includes Half-Life 2: Episode Two, the sequel of one of the best games in history, with great plot, graphics, gameplay, etc., Portal, a almost indie experiment from Valve resulting in a beautiful and simple game, and Team Fortress 2, a great cartoon FPS with 9 classes, lot of weapons, hats, and fun. Also includes HL2 and the first episode if you haven'tThe best game compilation ever. Includes Half-Life 2: Episode Two, the sequel of one of the best games in history, with great plot, graphics, gameplay, etc., Portal, a almost indie experiment from Valve resulting in a beautiful and simple game, and Team Fortress 2, a great cartoon FPS with 9 classes, lot of weapons, hats, and fun. Also includes HL2 and the first episode if you haven't played HL2 yet. With 5 excellent games, you will think that the pack will cost around $60 or something like that. NOPE.AVI, the price is $20. Twenty dollars for five excellent games from Valve. If you hadn't bought this pack yet, you sir, you are not a PC gamer. Expand
  98. Jul 18, 2011
    Half Life 2, Episode One, Episode 2, Portal, Team Fortress 2. Certainly a fantastic offer, Every Game that comes with it is fantastic. The Orange Box is a fantastic collection of Games that everybody should try out
  99. CRL
    Jul 25, 2011
    Games today are ridiculously overpriced, at most new shooters begin around $50. The Orange Box is a combination of three awesome shooters, an iconic puzzler, and one of the best multiplayer games you'll ever find. Think about that. Five games, four of which I believe have 'Universal Acclaim' on this website, for the price of one. Half Life 2 and it's episodes: some of the most funGames today are ridiculously overpriced, at most new shooters begin around $50. The Orange Box is a combination of three awesome shooters, an iconic puzzler, and one of the best multiplayer games you'll ever find. Think about that. Five games, four of which I believe have 'Universal Acclaim' on this website, for the price of one. Half Life 2 and it's episodes: some of the most fun shooters ever made. Portal: the game that revolutionized puzzlers. TF2: multiplayer at it's best. Valve took a bit of a gamble when this was released, and in doing so created one of the best deals out there. Expand
  100. Sep 6, 2011
    Three of the best FPS games released(With two expansions to Half-Life 2), wrapped up in an affordable bundle. Half-Life 2 is not innovative, but the story is understandable(Yet also deep), the graphics are amazing, and the gameplay needs more than two brain cells. The two expansions satisfy the fans of HL2 who wanted more, although the Episode 1 is far too short. Team Fortress 2 is one ofThree of the best FPS games released(With two expansions to Half-Life 2), wrapped up in an affordable bundle. Half-Life 2 is not innovative, but the story is understandable(Yet also deep), the graphics are amazing, and the gameplay needs more than two brain cells. The two expansions satisfy the fans of HL2 who wanted more, although the Episode 1 is far too short. Team Fortress 2 is one of the best multiplayer FPSs out there, which is based on who can use their weapons better, not who can hit the other guy's head first. I currently have over 440 ours into it, and I am willing to spend $75 on some virtual pixels. Portal is a short singleplayer FPP(First Person Puzzle) you will never forget. The humor is genuine, the momentum is deeply satifying, you need to think, and the ending song wraps it all up nicely. Overall, I can't reccomend it enough. Expand

1. PC Gamer
    Leave it to Valve to deliver the goods on such an ambitious game package...The Orange Box is one of the finest compilations of gaming content ever produced. [Nov 2007, p.58]
    Not only do you get the best single player first person shooter ever created, you also get the two next chapters, a 3D puzzle game that also happens to live in the Half-Life universe and a terrifically fun team-based multiplayer first-person shooter. This is a lot of game in one package for only 50 dollars.
    The Orange Box offers everything any fan of first-person shooters could possibly want: some of the best single-player gaming ever in the shape of Half-Life 2 and Episodes One and Two; wonderful innovation from Portal, and the most refined, downright fun team-based online FPS currently available in Team Fortress 2. If that doesn't warrant a 10 out of 10, nothing does.