9.4

1. AaronJ.
    Oct 11, 2007
    The value alone is worth a 10 - Team Fortress 2 is wildly fun, Portal is extremely innovative, and from what I've experienced of Episode 2 so far, looks amazing.
  2. Sickboy
    Oct 11, 2007
    An incredible package. Portal alone is an inspired piece of entertainment engineering and achieves a rare transcendence that few films, novels, albums and games can.
  3. Petrovski
    Oct 11, 2007
    The best package ever produced for fans of the first person shooter, not only for price but for remaining true to what the genre is supposed to be. Put simply, this package is just pure, unadulterated, fun!
  4. DavidWebb
    Oct 11, 2007
    A incredibly fun pack of games. I haven't finished Half-life Episode 2 yet, though I'm well into it. Portal is absolutely wonderful! I love Portal! It's pure candy. The Orange Box is amazingly good fun. I recently built a new desktop system that has the ability to run the Orange Box's games wide open and still provide better than 80 fps. I'm so glad that I did. My A incredibly fun pack of games. I haven't finished Half-life Episode 2 yet, though I'm well into it. Portal is absolutely wonderful! I love Portal! It's pure candy. The Orange Box is amazingly good fun. I recently built a new desktop system that has the ability to run the Orange Box's games wide open and still provide better than 80 fps. I'm so glad that I did. My old desktop could never have played these games and they are great. The folks at Valve have hit an out-of-the-park grand-slam home-run! Expand
  5. MikeD.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Brilliant, simply brilliant. Contains 3 of the best games this year, portal, episode 2 and team fortress 2.
  6. JamesH.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Absolutely fantastic- some of everything in terms of genres, but all of the best in those fields, and some mind-blasting storytelling and gameplay with Portal.
  7. AndrewC.
    Portal and TF2 rock, excellent value, excellent games
  8. DanielF.
    Oct 11, 2007
    The incredible game package added to the amazing price makes this box a must have for any gamer. Portal is simply one of the best games ever made. The idea is so well implemented that you can do anything you can imagine. Team Fortress 2 a cartoonistic fps that will make you go wild. Half-Life 2 Episode Two..simply no words.
  9. TrevorY.
    Oct 11, 2007
    I just purchased portal and im allready hooked!! best game ever played!!
  10. AdamO.
    Oct 11, 2007
    All 3 (new) games in this box are absolutely outstanding.
  11. JulioA.
    Oct 11, 2007
    This is the best package of all time, Half Life 2: Episode Two is the best FPS in the history
  12. ThomasM.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Great game, it really makes you think. Very well done. One of the hardest games I have had the played. Controls are easy game play is well done. Easy to play, Hard to master
  13. DiegoN.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Best quality at lowest price. Each bit worth the money. 100% art.
  14. JoeG.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Best sequel to a game ive ever seen. The action is non-stop from beginning to end and the cut-scene and character interactions are INCREDIBLE!!
  15. MarkP.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Each of the games are brilliant, but I must say, it's a 10 out of 10 because I'm still laughing from the end credits music on Portal. Hilarious!
  16. RandyM.
    Oct 11, 2007
    This game set is magnificent. The fun in Portal, the suspense in Episode 2, and the fiendish teamplay in Team Fortress 2 are well worth the low price of the pack.
  17. UltraJ.
    Oct 11, 2007
    What more can I say? 10!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loved HL1 and HL2, Portal was an excellent and unique experience, cant wait to see new challenges!
  18. BenjaminE.
    Nov 13, 2007
    Superb graphics and model engine. Brilliant character themes fand gameplay for Team Fortress 2. Portal is most original. The Half-Life series continues...to blow me away!
  19. JonasH.
    Nov 14, 2007
    For what you could want from an FPS collection this is ultimate. Not only are you entertained for hours of chronological gameplay through the masterpiece Half-Life 2 and Episode One and Two. You are also given, in my opinion one of the best multiplayer games in time and several hours of challenging gameplay through the most innovative puzzle game ever, Portal. This was most definitely For what you could want from an FPS collection this is ultimate. Not only are you entertained for hours of chronological gameplay through the masterpiece Half-Life 2 and Episode One and Two. You are also given, in my opinion one of the best multiplayer games in time and several hours of challenging gameplay through the most innovative puzzle game ever, Portal. This was most definitely worth the ~70$ I paid, and had it cost $100 I still would have felt comfortable I had made a good deal. Indisputably the best buy you could make! Expand
  20. BradS.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Had this been a full game, it would have EASILY taken game of the year award.
  21. ChrisC.
    Oct 12, 2007
    A bundle of pure gaming goodness, featuring some of the best games every made (including THE best game ever made), Portal, Team Fortress 2, Peggle Extreme, and all at a standard price. Gaming has never seen a day like this, and I reckon there won't be one for quite a while to come.
  22. AlexS.
    Oct 12, 2007
    AMAZING collection of outstanding games! Worth every second of the wait!
  23. ThorstenH.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Epsiode2 is the best Game i have ever played. It`s amazing! Portal is something new and really funny!
  24. Wil
    Oct 12, 2007
    This is easily the best packaged deal I've ever bought. Especially since I've never played any of the Half-Life2 games. Go get one, all the top games inside work out to like 12 bucks each.
  25. MarkM.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Half Life 2 Episode 2 is an extremely well scripted and thought out game. Portal is a great puzzle game. Team Fortress 2 is fun to play and has a great style which sets it apart from other multiplayer FPS games. And we mustn't forget Peggle Extreme, this addictive little puzzle game is a welcome bonus.
  26. MadsG.
    Oct 12, 2007
    This is a brilliant game. Both fun, entertaining, and with a well written story. Blew my mind.
  27. Sveins.
    Oct 12, 2007
    So nice , its just like playing in a movie.
  28. MikeN.
    Oct 12, 2007
    If I'm rating the value of the Orange Box, then It's a 10. You get 5 amazing games for only $50. Now that is a screaming deal. If I'm rating the games then read the following. HL2 Ep2: 2 new enemies and the best gameplay since HL2. Things are starting to feel a little old though. 8/10 Portal: One of the best games I've played in a long while. Very fun and a great If I'm rating the value of the Orange Box, then It's a 10. You get 5 amazing games for only $50. Now that is a screaming deal. If I'm rating the games then read the following. HL2 Ep2: 2 new enemies and the best gameplay since HL2. Things are starting to feel a little old though. 8/10 Portal: One of the best games I've played in a long while. Very fun and a great ending, if a little short. 8/10 TF2: A very fun multiplayer expierence. I can see this game sticking around for quite a while. Small map selection right now though. 9/10 Expand
  29. JarretA.
    Oct 12, 2007
    This game rocks, the Ending Song had me laughing so hard it hurt !!
  30. DoisK.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Words cannot describe the awesomeness of this awesome package. You'll have to experience it for yourself.
  31. RichardHermann
    Oct 13, 2007
    VALVe has done it again. Episode two is another thrilling, cliffhanging, deep story installment of the Half Life series; Portal, spoilers, gives insight into another facet of the storyline never before seen, and Team fortress two is an all out cartoony war between the red and the blue for survival.
  32. ToxicNinja
    Oct 14, 2007
    A seriously epic set of games. Easily 30 hours worth of game not including the commentary or multiplayer which alone is 5 hours for the commentary and unlimited for the awesome multiplayer that is team fortress 2.
  33. MikeK.
    Nov 7, 2007
    A work of pure genius. Perfect exposition, great characterisation, real emotional engagement, absolute enjoyment. Valve are the unmatched masters of PC game development, long may they remain so.
  34. DannyV.V.
    Oct 18, 2007
    This box is downright awesome. Portal is the most innovating game ever, everyone already knows that half-life 2 is amazing, and so are episodes one and two. Team fortress 2 is also a blast.
  35. BrandonT.
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sorry to those who dislike Valve, for what most likely small crowd that may be, but this is just what to expect from the popular gaming company these days. They've nailed what gamers desire in a game. Not only have they developed what I think to be the greatest FPS of all time, Half-Life 2, they've been able to break into a whole new style of gaming with Portal, and its just Sorry to those who dislike Valve, for what most likely small crowd that may be, but this is just what to expect from the popular gaming company these days. They've nailed what gamers desire in a game. Not only have they developed what I think to be the greatest FPS of all time, Half-Life 2, they've been able to break into a whole new style of gaming with Portal, and its just magnificent. Toss in a refreshed Team Fortress 2, been a while since something has been done with that one, and you've got a rock-solid gaming package for any gamer, casual to the most experienced. It's hard to expect anything less than this from Valve. Anyone looking for a well-rounded mix of games, The Orange Box should be your first choice. Great work, Valve! Expand
  36. TimW.
    Dec 11, 2007
    Perfect. This Pack is seriously the best money I've spent since I got a PC. TF2 is the best in between things multiplayer game ever, you can jump on for 15 minutes, have a blast and jump out -- no long round times waiting. Ep2 while not perfect, is still the continuation of a wonderful story. Portal is the best single player game I've played (and funny to boot) since Half-Life. Perfect. This Pack is seriously the best money I've spent since I got a PC. TF2 is the best in between things multiplayer game ever, you can jump on for 15 minutes, have a blast and jump out -- no long round times waiting. Ep2 while not perfect, is still the continuation of a wonderful story. Portal is the best single player game I've played (and funny to boot) since Half-Life. Added bonus of HL2 + HL2 Ep1. Expand
  37. ChrisN.
    Oct 21, 2007
    Portals was the most fun I've had playing a videogame in so long.. And it honestly has the best ending credits song.. Ever.
  38. T.S.
    Oct 26, 2007
    Portals, Ep. 2, TFT2, Ep 1, HL 2. Under $60. PERFECT PACKAGE. The HL series revolutionized AI in a way which had never been thought of and the physics engine is still being used years after coming out. The reason PC gamers feel superior to console gamers is now out and some of those poor folk stuck to gamepads are going to join the crazy folk with their keyboards and mice. A facelift Portals, Ep. 2, TFT2, Ep 1, HL 2. Under $60. PERFECT PACKAGE. The HL series revolutionized AI in a way which had never been thought of and the physics engine is still being used years after coming out. The reason PC gamers feel superior to console gamers is now out and some of those poor folk stuck to gamepads are going to join the crazy folk with their keyboards and mice. A facelift gives the newest additions to the HL franchise the graphics update they sorely need while the intense firefights, perfect sound design (sans the music. Never could get behind that damned score) and moments which put Oscar winning movies to shame with their virtual performances, makes HL the king of the FPS hill. I understand Messiah L.'s opinion. Some people hate steam. This is irrelevant. I hate most retail stores, does that mean I am going to give a game a lower score? HL 2 is the definitive reason for sticking to PCs and is a must buy for any gamer. Expand
  39. AndrewS.
    Oct 26, 2007
    Definitely worthy of 10/10, the Orange Box combines 5 great games for the price of one! Even if you only want two of the games in this package, buy it! Portal is the GREATEST game that I've ever played even though its so short, and EP2 is awesome. TF2 is the best multiplayer game that I've ever played because all the classes are fun and balanced.
  40. redninja
    Nov 12, 2008
    I love this game. Best game and deal I've had the pleasure of playing. Much better than FPSs like the overrated Halo 2, Star Wars Repulic Comando and GoldenEye IMO. Half-life 2 is Awsome, Half-Life 2 Episode 1 is awsome, Team Fortress 2's awsome, and Protal's awsome (I haven't played Episode 2 yet if you're wandering.) Get it NOW if you don't have it.
  41. MikeZ.
    Feb 24, 2008
    Portal is one of the best puzzle games ever, Team Fortress 2 one of if not the best multiplayer shooters ever, and Episode Two is an awesome addition to an awesome series.
  42. RonaldA.
    Apr 14, 2008
    Orange box is the best for the best value ever!!
  43. CallumL.
    Jun 21, 2008
    By far the best gaming deal of all time I highly recomend it to anyone its great espeacially the new team fortress2 updates they rock!!!
  44. JeffG
    Aug 15, 2009
    The absolute best you can do with $30. 5 games, and I give a perfect 10 to every single one of them. I'll just give a short review of each game, shall I? Half-Life 2: The environments are all incredibly engaging and give that perfect feeling of eerie loneliness. The story is beautiful, it unfolds subtly, yet has a great impact. The characters are all beautifully designed and The absolute best you can do with $30. 5 games, and I give a perfect 10 to every single one of them. I'll just give a short review of each game, shall I? Half-Life 2: The environments are all incredibly engaging and give that perfect feeling of eerie loneliness. The story is beautiful, it unfolds subtly, yet has a great impact. The characters are all beautifully designed and interactions between them feel 100% real. Not only that, you find yourself genuinely caring about them. The pacing is phenomenal, the graphics still look great 5 years later. I could go on and on, but I'll just leave it at "Half-Life 2 is the absolute best game ever". Half-Life 2 Episodes 1 and 2: Episode 1 did a very good job of creating a scary environment environment, and the addition of Alyx as a companion makes the trek very fun. As I said, you really care for her, and her AI is the best there is anywhere. She seems totally real, and you begin to feel very glad you have her with you. The environment in Episode 2 was also fantastic, taking place in beautiful (yet eerily lonely) rural areas, and the open world battle at the end felt truly epic thanks to the inclusion of destructible environments. Portal: The story is perfect, the puzzles are a ton of fun, and the black humor is absolutely hilarious. The journey through the abandoned (And eerily lonely, damn Valve is good at that) Aperture research facility is gripping, and the ending battle is both epic and hilarious. There are absolutely no flaws in Portal. One could complain about length, but there are so many beautifully realized community made mappacks for it that you could play nonstop for a year and still have new content you haven't touched yet. Team Fortress 2: Incredible game, what all multiplayer games should be. The classes are all very different from each other, each requiring entirely different tactics, and they balance each other out perfectly. For example, the Heavy can mow down an entire team with his minigun, but he can easily be taken out by a single Spy. The game's unique design ensures that it will still look great 10 years from now. The characters are all incredibly charismatic and funny, and you can tell a lot of heart went into making the game. Expand
  45. JoshW.
    Nov 13, 2007
    This is perhaps the best deal in gaming ever, an aspect commonly overlooked when producing a game, and it doesnt just win there, superb top par graphics STILL after so many years, amazingly easy to run. Each game packed full of excitement, action and "WOW!", the new cinematic physics system really showing its prowess in Portal and HL2, and Team Fortress being a great online addition to This is perhaps the best deal in gaming ever, an aspect commonly overlooked when producing a game, and it doesnt just win there, superb top par graphics STILL after so many years, amazingly easy to run. Each game packed full of excitement, action and "WOW!", the new cinematic physics system really showing its prowess in Portal and HL2, and Team Fortress being a great online addition to their growing list of source based mp titles. Portal is fun throughout, and is an innovative fps experience, HL2EP2 continues where the game left on, and with amazing graphics, continued immersive gameplay and truely groundbreaking cinematic physics - this game is the most polished i have played this year. Truely remarkable. This is just a must buy for any pc owner, with a spec that even settles on low. Expand
  46. AlexM.
    Dec 23, 2007
    Every game in the Orange box is great gaming expierience. Portal is much better than i thought before buying, because of the extreme new gameplay. Team Fortress 2 is just fun to play and Episode Two is another well done Half Life part.
  47. Feb 2, 2011
    You don't need a review. GET IT NOW!

You get Half Life 2, plus episodes 1, 2, and the lost coast level and the potential to use all source engine game mods, and it's all for under $30. Do I even need to elaborate? Don't wait for it online, go to the store and buy it or buy it off of steam as soon as you can. On top of that you get 2 more fun games. Portal is a very interesting 1st
    You don't need a review. GET IT NOW!

On top of that you get 2 more fun games. Portal is a very interesting 1st person sort of puzzle platformer, that is very fun to play and is also set in the Half Life Universe. You also get Team Fortress 2, which is a classic, fun FPS that you should play if you own any FPS. On top of all that, these games use the source engine, which is relatively old, meaning that these games will run on older computers and high end laptops. The only possible con I can think of is the automatic installation of Steam on your PC, which really isn't all that bad. It automatically updates all the games, and it offers good prices for downloadable games. But this doesn't have anything to do with the games themselves.

Why are you still reading? GET IT NOW!
  48. BMF
    Apr 7, 2011
    The best gaming combo pack money can buy and for only 20 bucks. PierreB appears to be a little retarded so ignore his review and pick up this pack you wont regret it.
  49. Jul 27, 2011
    Needless to say the Orange Box is a Stellar product, all of it. Valve really knows how to put together games that PC gamers can get into and play. No dumb down mechanics or gameplay just good pc gamer core fun. I for one will look forward to any product Valve puts out because they take the time to explore what PC gamers want the demand. E'nuff said 10 baby!!!
  50. Feb 25, 2012
    No complaints here. 5 great games in one package at a price of one retail game. Half-life 2 and two of its episodes are triple A class shooters with compelling stories and great writing, Team Fortress 2 is probably the best online FPS game I have ever played and Portal is a unique puzzle platformer that is incomparable with any puzzle game and is also one of the funniest games I have everNo complaints here. 5 great games in one package at a price of one retail game. Half-life 2 and two of its episodes are triple A class shooters with compelling stories and great writing, Team Fortress 2 is probably the best online FPS game I have ever played and Portal is a unique puzzle platformer that is incomparable with any puzzle game and is also one of the funniest games I have ever played. No complaints at all. Expand
  51. Apr 21, 2011
    This is the greatest deal ever. Five games for the price of one. And not only that. All of the games are brilliant masterpieces. You have to love this box.
  52. Mar 24, 2011
    Well, what more does one have to say other than that this came out in 2007 and I bought it on the first day. Now, in 2011, about 5 years later, I still play Team Fortress 2 and challenge myself to Portal.
  53. Sep 21, 2010
    If you have a PC, you should own this. Seriously, this is the best PC game package ever. One of the best first person shooter games of all time (Half-Life 2) and its first two add-on episodes, the hilarious and challenging Portal, and one of the best PC multiplayer games (Team Fortress 2). Chances are, you already own this. If not, what is wrong with you.
  54. Sep 23, 2010
    A few years old, and still an absolute joy to play. All aspects of this game, from Half-Life 2 to Team Fortress 2 can literally take hours of your life without you even realising it. A particular highlight of the boxset is the inclusion of Portal, probably one of the most trippy games to play, not that its over difficult but the first time you play through it'd probably be wise to be in aA few years old, and still an absolute joy to play. All aspects of this game, from Half-Life 2 to Team Fortress 2 can literally take hours of your life without you even realising it. A particular highlight of the boxset is the inclusion of Portal, probably one of the most trippy games to play, not that its over difficult but the first time you play through it'd probably be wise to be in a sober state. TF2 has to take the biscuit though, a massively fun online shooter, nothing that takes itself too seriously like the people who sit and play CoD all day because they think its "real", this game will have you laughing as 32 characters bounce around the screen shooting rockets and using flame-throwers all on a small map. Definite Purchase for all Expand
  55. Sep 29, 2010
    Probably the single greatest game value of all time - three games in one and all of them are great!!! If you have not indulged yourself in this experience you are really missing a true gem - better hurray before HL3 (or episode 3) come out.
  56. Sep 30, 2010
    Half-life 2+Episodes, Portal and Team Fortress 2 in one package? Awesome. These games deserve all the praise they got and as a package they are great value, Great job Valve.
  57. Dec 4, 2010
    Simply the best buy ever..................................................................................................................................................
  58. Oct 17, 2010
    There is just so much about this game that it just can't explain everything with. It has included Half-Life 2 (a clearly more innovative game than Halo), Portal and Team Fortress 2 (an amazing multiplayer game). Half-life 2: It has an innovative game, and to whoever thinks Halo or whatever game is better, think about this. This game has physics. Not the huge explosion high quality graphicsThere is just so much about this game that it just can't explain everything with. It has included Half-Life 2 (a clearly more innovative game than Halo), Portal and Team Fortress 2 (an amazing multiplayer game). Half-life 2: It has an innovative game, and to whoever thinks Halo or whatever game is better, think about this. This game has physics. Not the huge explosion high quality graphics physics, REAL PHYSICS. There are puzzles for you to solve using the physics engine, realistic situations in a fictional world and the world fits the game perfectly.

Portal: Simple gameplay soon to be expanded. You control a Portal gun, and zap from wall to wall, and when it ends, you'll be asking for more.

Team Fortress 2: Let's put it in a few words: Teamwork, skill, fun, achievements, hats (lol), friends, and cartoon. Put them all together and you have a beautiful multiplayer game.
  59. Apr 21, 2011
    To be blunt, this is the PC gamer's starter kit. For the low price of $30, you get five games, that's $6 a game. All of them are ranked among the best games of all time, mentioned with the likes of other gaming greats. Once you purchase it, the games within quickly become the staples of your gaming library, and the fondest remembered, most notably, Team Fortress 2. This game inTo be blunt, this is the PC gamer's starter kit. For the low price of $30, you get five games, that's $6 a game. All of them are ranked among the best games of all time, mentioned with the likes of other gaming greats. Once you purchase it, the games within quickly become the staples of your gaming library, and the fondest remembered, most notably, Team Fortress 2. This game in particular has a very laid back and generally nice community, there is plenty of fun to be had, you will be laughing even when you lose. The games within the Orange Box are all content that is generally needed to effectively run Garry's Mod, another popular game. Without the Orange Box games, red ERROR signs and the ol' pink and black checkerboards will endlessly annoy you in Gmod (though a copy of Counter Strike Source and Day of Defeat are also highly recommended).
    Even if you want just one of the games within the box, it is still a better deal to buy them all together.

If you call yourself a PC gamer, and you haven't yet played the games with the near legendary Orange Box, you, sir/madam are missing out sorely, and, at least in my opinion, lack the right to call yourself a PC gamer.

Also, the few negative criticisms on this fine collection of games are related to the Steam content delivery system when it was first released, which has since become the proprietary form of delivering video games to PC gamers. Though I still find Steam to be a little bit slow to load and argumentative at moments, everything on this computer has those moments.
  60. Dec 4, 2010
    What's that, you need to be convinced that 5 games for the price of less than one is worth it? Shame on you. Not only does this master piece come with Half life 2 and the first two episodes, which have amazing single player story value, it also comes with Portal, possibly the most innovative game of the year! Then on top of that, when you have to get your multi-player fix, you have one ofWhat's that, you need to be convinced that 5 games for the price of less than one is worth it? Shame on you. Not only does this master piece come with Half life 2 and the first two episodes, which have amazing single player story value, it also comes with Portal, possibly the most innovative game of the year! Then on top of that, when you have to get your multi-player fix, you have one of the most diverse, fun and chaotic team based shooters on the market! Valve really know how to make you think you're stealing from them. Expand
  61. Jan 2, 2011
    5 fantastic games, including the best PC game of all time (HL2), the most entertaining multiplayer game I've ever played (TF2) and a truly revolutionary puzzle game (Portal). And right now you can pick the whole lot up on steam for just £8.49. What's not to like?
  62. Mar 17, 2011
    Why do I even have to write the minimum word count? The games included in this pack are so infinitely awesome that even saying "This is the best thing in existence." should be enough to convince people to buy it. If you like shooters, and you have even a little interest in the half-life story, than I guarantee that this will be the best buy you will ever make.
  63. May 1, 2011
    Portal=awesome, TF2=awesome, Half-Life 2, plus episodes 1&2=priceless. A MUST BUY! Especially now, since it's been out for a long time. If you don't own this, you should.
  64. Apr 28, 2011
    I have one word and just one word for this game package: Awesome!!! It is a heaven for the Half-life and for the First-person shooter fans, and a very interesting Portal that await the gamer in this package. All of the spectacular games with just 20 EUR or 30 $, what are you waiting for to not have it in your collection? Oh you must be anti-gamer to not have it, :). If you are a seriousI have one word and just one word for this game package: Awesome!!! It is a heaven for the Half-life and for the First-person shooter fans, and a very interesting Portal that await the gamer in this package. All of the spectacular games with just 20 EUR or 30 $, what are you waiting for to not have it in your collection? Oh you must be anti-gamer to not have it, :). If you are a serious gamer and you are complaining about your computer doesn't have enough space for this. UPGRADE OR BUY A NEW ONE IMMEDIATELY, or you are missing a legend in game history! Expand
  65. Apr 19, 2011
    The Orange Box is by far one of the most greatest, and best deals that i have ever seen. 5 games that all got a 90 percent rating or above, (with the exception of episode 1), TF2 having a very addicting multilayer with an option to choose from 9 classes which now have new guns, and awesome hats. Portal which is sadly only 4 hours, but having an amazing story, and gameplay, and the HalfThe Orange Box is by far one of the most greatest, and best deals that i have ever seen. 5 games that all got a 90 percent rating or above, (with the exception of episode 1), TF2 having a very addicting multilayer with an option to choose from 9 classes which now have new guns, and awesome hats. Portal which is sadly only 4 hours, but having an amazing story, and gameplay, and the Half Life series. This series mixes intense FPS action, with puzzeles, and a great story. Also to top it all off it is now only 20 dollars. What more do you need. Expand
  66. May 8, 2012
    This pack shows the highlights of the gaming industry, single and multiplayer, I haven't seen anyone else make such a thing of such good quality.

'Some people think that they can outsmart them, maybe... maybe, but I have yet met one who can outsmart bullet'
  67. May 6, 2013
    This bundle includes 3 of the greatest games of all time.
    Half-Life 2 changed the face of gaming and is still a highly emersive, beutiful and fun experiance.
    Team Fortress 2 though free now, still remains the most balanced, creative, diverse and fun multiplayer FPS. Portal's mesh of FPS and Puzzle and flawless voice acting and story has wet to be replicated with such perfection. The
    This bundle includes 3 of the greatest games of all time.
    The Orange Box along with Steam made me switch off Consoles to PC gaming and I've never looked back. Better graphics and more games at a MUCH cheaper price; Better controls (mouse+keyboard) and customization; Endless amounts of Mods; Slightly more mature communities. You can't beat it!
  68. Jan 23, 2012
    If someone haven't played those games so far it's the BEST DEAL out there! I would say that it's a kind of a starter pack for regular+ gamers :) For me Portal was the biggest innovation there but it wasn't until the second part that it really spread its wings.
  69. Jun 13, 2011
    The Orange Box is a great package that makes you want to play its games over and over again. In my opinion, it is one of the greatest PC gaming experiences there is. There are very few games that I personally enjoy to play all around the year and I've been playing it for two years non-stop now.
  70. Jul 7, 2011
    The Orange box could possibly be the best valued retail game of its generation. The single player Half Life games are almost legendary in acclaim, the Multiplayer Team Fortress 2 has become one of the great shooters with a fantastic art style and has since evolved and improved, and the puzzle/shooter Portal was the surprising gem, the icing on a perfect cake. If only the rest of theThe Orange box could possibly be the best valued retail game of its generation. The single player Half Life games are almost legendary in acclaim, the Multiplayer Team Fortress 2 has become one of the great shooters with a fantastic art style and has since evolved and improved, and the puzzle/shooter Portal was the surprising gem, the icing on a perfect cake. If only the rest of the industry had the vision and design skills of Valve we wouldnt be trudging through the immaturity that bogs the gaming industry down so much. Expand
  71. Jul 5, 2011
    This was and still is a must buy, I believe it is even cheaper now so if you don't have it ADD IT TO YOU COLLECTION NOW. Half-Life set the standard in First Person Shooters many years ago, And you are going to seriously lost if you buy the next Installment which is going to be awesome not to mention hard to find on the shelf's during its release.
  72. Jan 22, 2012
    The best game compilation ever. Includes Half-Life 2: Episode Two, the sequel of one of the best games in history, with great plot, graphics, gameplay, etc., Portal, a almost indie experiment from Valve resulting in a beautiful and simple game, and Team Fortress 2, a great cartoon FPS with 9 classes, lot of weapons, hats, and fun. Also includes HL2 and the first episode if you haven'tThe best game compilation ever. Includes Half-Life 2: Episode Two, the sequel of one of the best games in history, with great plot, graphics, gameplay, etc., Portal, a almost indie experiment from Valve resulting in a beautiful and simple game, and Team Fortress 2, a great cartoon FPS with 9 classes, lot of weapons, hats, and fun. Also includes HL2 and the first episode if you haven't played HL2 yet. With 5 excellent games, you will think that the pack will cost around $60 or something like that. NOPE.AVI, the price is $20. Twenty dollars for five excellent games from Valve. If you hadn't bought this pack yet, you sir, you are not a PC gamer. Expand
  73. Jul 18, 2011
    Half Life 2, Episode One, Episode 2, Portal, Team Fortress 2. Certainly a fantastic offer, Every Game that comes with it is fantastic. The Orange Box is a fantastic collection of Games that everybody should try out
  74. Sep 6, 2011
    Three of the best FPS games released(With two expansions to Half-Life 2), wrapped up in an affordable bundle. Half-Life 2 is not innovative, but the story is understandable(Yet also deep), the graphics are amazing, and the gameplay needs more than two brain cells. The two expansions satisfy the fans of HL2 who wanted more, although the Episode 1 is far too short. Team Fortress 2 is one ofThree of the best FPS games released(With two expansions to Half-Life 2), wrapped up in an affordable bundle. Half-Life 2 is not innovative, but the story is understandable(Yet also deep), the graphics are amazing, and the gameplay needs more than two brain cells. The two expansions satisfy the fans of HL2 who wanted more, although the Episode 1 is far too short. Team Fortress 2 is one of the best multiplayer FPSs out there, which is based on who can use their weapons better, not who can hit the other guy's head first. I currently have over 440 ours into it, and I am willing to spend $75 on some virtual pixels. Portal is a short singleplayer FPP(First Person Puzzle) you will never forget. The humor is genuine, the momentum is deeply satifying, you need to think, and the ending song wraps it all up nicely. Overall, I can't reccomend it enough. Expand
  75. Nov 1, 2011
    Valve and the Orange Box forever! Best Game package ever! Many thanks to you Valve. HL2 = A1, Portal = A1, and Team Fortress 2 = A1 to sum it up The Orange box is A1 FUN
  76. Mar 24, 2012
    Let me make it clear that I'm no longer what you could call an impressionable gamer; I don't buy into the hype, I only buys games if I think I will genuinely enjoy them, or for artful reasons. Anyway, The Orange Box, and I know won't sound surprising, is probably the best bundle of games I've ever played. The Half Life games are often cited as a benchmark for game design, and it shows.Let me make it clear that I'm no longer what you could call an impressionable gamer; I don't buy into the hype, I only buys games if I think I will genuinely enjoy them, or for artful reasons. Anyway, The Orange Box, and I know won't sound surprising, is probably the best bundle of games I've ever played. The Half Life games are often cited as a benchmark for game design, and it shows. Portal on the other hand is quite short: not that I'm implying that it's bad, in terms of design it's probably the best game ever made, easily negating its short length. Some might know that I've stopped playing BF3 and MW3; I just wasn't having any fun whatsoever. Team Fortress 2 is no doubt the most fun I've ever had playing online. Even when I'm at the bottom of the leaderboard (which is all the time), I'm still having fun with the cartoony art style and addictive gameplay. I guess what I like about it is that it has a sense of humour most modern "realistic" shooters seem to ignore in favour of gun torches or incessant profanity. All you need to know is this: whether you're a single-player (like me) or into multi-player, The Orange Box is possibly the best buy you'll ever make. And for £10? I feel like I'm stealing from valve Expand
  77. Dec 7, 2011
    The single greatest collection of games I've ever bought and it was less than the cost of one game. Not sure we'll ever see something Orange Box again unless Half Life 3 is waiting to be released with Team Fortress 3 & Portal 3.

If that happens, my face my explode.
  78. Apr 15, 2012
    I got this for $10 in the 2011 christmas sale on steam, I would of happily payed $30 or more if I had any idea how much fun I would have for that $10. Over 24 hours of intense and enthralling gameplay with the first 3 parts of the Half Life 2 saga and 5 hours of head scratching gameplay in portal (or more if you played it 6 times through like I did) and endless hours of fun and financialI got this for $10 in the 2011 christmas sale on steam, I would of happily payed $30 or more if I had any idea how much fun I would have for that $10. Over 24 hours of intense and enthralling gameplay with the first 3 parts of the Half Life 2 saga and 5 hours of head scratching gameplay in portal (or more if you played it 6 times through like I did) and endless hours of fun and financial strategy in TF2 this pack has drawn in more of my life then any other game that I can think of (Over 300 hours and counting in TF2 alone) Expand
  79. May 14, 2012
    My last but not least boxed PC game purchase. Thank you Valve for creating such an amazing collection and the digital era opened by Steam. This is a must have collection for any Valve/FPS fan.
  80. Apr 21, 2013
    What is there to complain about? You have three stellar games for the price of one. Half life 2, a game that's considered to be one of the best first person shooters. Portal, considered to be one of the best puzzle games around, and finally Team Fortress 2, a highly competitive multiplayer shooter with great emphasis on teamwork that is loads of fun. Get this package now if you haven'tWhat is there to complain about? You have three stellar games for the price of one. Half life 2, a game that's considered to be one of the best first person shooters. Portal, considered to be one of the best puzzle games around, and finally Team Fortress 2, a highly competitive multiplayer shooter with great emphasis on teamwork that is loads of fun. Get this package now if you haven't already, probably the best value for your money and the one of the best gaming experiences you'll have. Expand
  81. Sep 28, 2012
    It's 4 full length games for the price of one, IF anyone complains about quality or quantity, the should just leave, Valve is one of the best publishers and developers in the gaming world and deserve your respect
  82. Nov 16, 2012
    5 games for less then the price of 1. One of those games is considered by many the game of the year albeit short. What else needs to be said anyone rating in the red doesn't know what games are or deals. Valve has always been great towards its customers anyone who states otherwise are usually self spoiled brats that if you give them a inch they'll expect a foot and be mad with anything less.
  83. Aug 6, 2012
    As someone who hadn't already played Half Life 2, this bundle way already a really good bargain, but the addition of Portal--which was simply brilliant--and Team Fortress 2 makes it officially the best gaming value I've ever seen. Do yourself a favor and drop a few bucks for this pack: you won't be disappointed.
  84. Jan 21, 2013
    How about the 5 best valve games and almost of the world.
    The Orange Box brings us 5 tons of fun with Half Life 2 , ep1 , ep2 , Portal and TF2 making this one of the best deals for a computer owner. Buy it and don't think to much about it.
  85. Jan 23, 2013
    Five games for (as of this writing) twenty bucks seems like a scam in an era where a full game with DLC can run you into the nineties. Trust me when I say that it's not. If there are three PC games to play before you die, it's these three - the worthy sequel(s) to one of the most iconic and innovative shooters of the 90s, the greatest class-based multiplayer game in history, and the solid,Five games for (as of this writing) twenty bucks seems like a scam in an era where a full game with DLC can run you into the nineties. Trust me when I say that it's not. If there are three PC games to play before you die, it's these three - the worthy sequel(s) to one of the most iconic and innovative shooters of the 90s, the greatest class-based multiplayer game in history, and the solid, sublime hour that is the original Portal. Put simply, if the Box doesn't make you burn your consoles and join the Glorious PC Master Race, very little ever will. Expand
  86. Jan 30, 2013
    This is the best game package ever released. comprising of Halflife 2, Halflife 2 episode 1, and Halflife 2 episode 2, the multiplayer game Team Fortress 2, and the puzzle game Portal. Halflife 2 episode 2 was great, as expected, but that wasn't the best part of it. Team Fortress 2 is possible the best (now free) multiplayer shooter. The personalities of the 9 classes are quite funny. LastThis is the best game package ever released. comprising of Halflife 2, Halflife 2 episode 1, and Halflife 2 episode 2, the multiplayer game Team Fortress 2, and the puzzle game Portal. Halflife 2 episode 2 was great, as expected, but that wasn't the best part of it. Team Fortress 2 is possible the best (now free) multiplayer shooter. The personalities of the 9 classes are quite funny. Last but not least, there's Portal. Is there anything I can say about portal? This is probably the best puzzle game ever created. The entire thing might be 2-3 hours long, but with this, it's quality over quantity.
    I recommend buying this package on Steam because Portal and the Half life 2 games are cheap, and team fortress 2 is now free.
  87. Edd
    May 7, 2013
    The Orange Box Will Remain one of the best games in History of Gaming and forever it shall be honored by most gamers in the world Fantastic and Well done
  88. Jul 1, 2013
    This is a must-have package for PC gamers. The complete Half.Life 2 experience is great even though the episodes are quite short, Team Fortress 2 is the best of its kind and Portal is...Portal. You will surely get your money's worth on this bundle, not to mention the huge amount of great mods you can get by having HL2.
  89. Jul 23, 2013
    The best deal in gaming history, or possibly ever. This package will give you hundreds of hours of fun for less than 30 bucks. I, for one, have sunk over one thousand hours in TF2 alone, and I still see myself playing it for a long time to come.
  90. Sep 16, 2013
    Fantastic set of games, it's just simply odd that you can get this *set* of fantastic games for the price so many lesser games individually sell for.......
  91. Aug 19, 2014
    I like it hadhidjisjdskdmskndskndksmdskcmskfmekdjskfnkenfekfnekhfekhfkefhkevjixjeifhekjdkemce kcendkenwjnwfdkwfn. Kfjelkfepfkpeifodfeoifoejfoejfoej
  92. Aug 14, 2014
    The Orange Box contains two great (I count HL2 + the episodes as one in this case) and one good game for the price of one. That's amazing! With this box you get one of the best games ever made (and the best FPS of all time): Half-Life 2, one of the best multiplayer FPS: Team Fortress 2 and the puzzle game Portal.
  93. Feb 8, 2015
    5 of the best games ever for PC in a single package. It only lacks Portal 2 and maybe Left 4 Dead (I know it was launched before those mentioned games LOL)
  94. AloP.
    Oct 11, 2007
    This is just awsome! its only downside is that its short but on the upside its filled with action and a great storyline.
  95. TaylorS.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Great action sequences, entertaining story line and characters. But another cliffhanger. Arghhhhh! My only real complaint was it was too short.
  96. MIrkoDaC.
    Oct 11, 2007
    We want the audio translate in more lenguage for the perfect! I'm Italian.
  97. DryPenguin
    Oct 12, 2007
    Great fun, enjoyable art direction and certainly with the mod community growing, even more fun to follow launch.
  98. Slackiller
    Oct 11, 2007
    Fun game, pretty balanced. I miss the grenades.
  99. PhilipD.
    Oct 10, 2007
    Very good package, for people who haven't already got Half Life 2 or Episode 1. For those who do, it's unfair that we had to spend £10 more on the Orange Box than we would have on the Black Box. Still, Valve's a business and their marketing has got another £10 out of me. Onto the games. TEAM FORTRESS 2 - It would be unfair for me to judge it, with me being a CSS Very good package, for people who haven't already got Half Life 2 or Episode 1. For those who do, it's unfair that we had to spend £10 more on the Orange Box than we would have on the Black Box. Still, Valve's a business and their marketing has got another £10 out of me. Onto the games. TEAM FORTRESS 2 - It would be unfair for me to judge it, with me being a CSS player. I'm not into Team Fortress, though the graphics are pretty, original and the gameplay is fast paced and exciting. Shame more coordination isn't shown at the moment on public servers, but it'll get there in time. Nice dam level. Portal - very good game, original, distorting and could get some 'non fps' players to buy the package. It's just like the simple puzzle games we all know and love, but with great graphics and strange voices (If you can get them working, I had to reinstall it). Half Life 2 Episode 2 - More of the same, really, but with more vulnerable characters and plot wists. Unlike Episode 1, it actually advances with the story line and the graphics look much better in some places. Same weapons, a coupld of new enemies, including one super cute dismembered fast zombie which I laughed out loud at when I saw it! Half life 2 and Episode 1 are also fantastic. In my opinion, I would rather see Half Life 3 than yet another episodic package. It might ake longer to come out, but we've been waiting over a year for this expansion alone. It's more of the same, gets finished within 5 hours and doesn't leave one hundredth the impact that Half Life 3 would. I'm not complaining about the quality, I just wish they could advance to Half Life 3. When I bought Half Life 2, I played no other game for several months. The multi player physics were revolutionary and the graphics and gameplay unbeatable. The Source Engine has a lot of expansion, though I just wish they could take the plunge and make the ultimate engine for Half Life 3, with real time lighting, env maps, super realistic physics etc. Other than that, great package- but after about 3 expansions it's going the same way as the Sims series. Please, Valve, finish there 3 episodic packages then start on Half Life 3. Expand
  100. Recoton007
    Oct 10, 2007
    An excellent package overall. At a great bargain price of $50, it is certainly worth the price. However, it would have been nice if gamers of the Half-Life series had a discount, if they already had HL2 and HL2:EP1. All in all, an excellent package, which is certainly worth the price. However, I'm convinced that the discontinued "Black Box" (which excludes the original 2 Half-LifeAn excellent package overall. At a great bargain price of $50, it is certainly worth the price. However, it would have been nice if gamers of the Half-Life series had a discount, if they already had HL2 and HL2:EP1. All in all, an excellent package, which is certainly worth the price. However, I'm convinced that the discontinued "Black Box" (which excludes the original 2 Half-Life games) would have been a much better bargain for PC gamers. A must buy if you are new to the series! Expand

1. Leave it to Valve to deliver the goods on such an ambitious game package...The Orange Box is one of the finest compilations of gaming content ever produced. [Nov 2007, p.58]
    Not only do you get the best single player first person shooter ever created, you also get the two next chapters, a 3D puzzle game that also happens to live in the Half-Life universe and a terrifically fun team-based multiplayer first-person shooter. This is a lot of game in one package for only 50 dollars.
    The Orange Box offers everything any fan of first-person shooters could possibly want: some of the best single-player gaming ever in the shape of Half-Life 2 and Episodes One and Two; wonderful innovation from Portal, and the most refined, downright fun team-based online FPS currently available in Team Fortress 2. If that doesn't warrant a 10 out of 10, nothing does.