The Orange Box PC

9.2

1. ZekkoP.
    Jun 8, 2008
    I bought The Orange Box in early 2008. After I installed it, I played all the series of HL2, never played so much time on my PC... then a bit of Portal, then Peggle... TF2 is kinda chaotic but it can cheer you up. Price is not great, it's awesome! Thanks VALVe for this cool package! Greets from Romania.
  2. JesseB.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Best thing that valve has ever made but this beats the rest of their best things. 9 years for this epic thing is worth it. Good Job Valve!
    Oct 11, 2007
    Incredible package. The new games alone are worth twice the price, but including HL2 and HL2 EP1? Probably the most involving, engaging, and innovative multiplayer game (TF2), coupled with the best single player game i've ever played(HL2, and finally the most creative and original game ive seen in a while (Portal). Simply the best.
  4. JasonP.
    Oct 11, 2007
    I am an avid Half Life 2 fan, but with the orange box you really start to see the sheer beauty that is a HL2 game. The artwork, fluidity, and storyline in HL2 EP2 are much deeper, clearer, and more intense than any other chapter. Couple that with the uniquely addicting Portal, and TF2 and you have a solid gold game package.
  5. AlekseyT.
    Oct 12, 2007
    All is simple, Valve has made a correct step towards to gamers. 5 games at the price of one! License games in aggregate with service Steam give a heap of positive emotions.
  6. PeterH.
    Oct 13, 2007
    Pure entertainment excellence. Very well refined. I was very pleased with how TF2 turned out. Extremely straightforward gameplay, very player friendly. Portal was an outstandingly skilled work of art; it produces many small moments of accomplishment and it's humor was a terrific surprise. Episode 2 was much more satisfying than EP1, so I'm happy.
  7. ThaTyger
    Nov 5, 2007
    A must have gamebox for every shooter fan. It includes the entire HL2 serie's so far, and tops it off with Team Fortress 2. The box is very, very cheap for the quality it offers. You get the complete HL2 single player experience with loads of awesome gameplay that will keep you going for several hours. And you get one of the best team based multiplayer shooters as well. The one A must have gamebox for every shooter fan. It includes the entire HL2 serie's so far, and tops it off with Team Fortress 2. The box is very, very cheap for the quality it offers. You get the complete HL2 single player experience with loads of awesome gameplay that will keep you going for several hours. And you get one of the best team based multiplayer shooters as well. The one little downside is that if you have HL2 and Eps 1 you will get them again. You can't leave them out for an additional discount! But in return Valve gives the posibility to give the game away to someone. I went for the downloadable version (as it is Expand
  8. menouxdidier
    Oct 7, 2007
    franchement, qui peut prétendre faire mieux que valve 1 pack comme celui la c du jamais vu.
    -1 jeu novateur pour un ou plusieurs cerveau( portal)
    -1 jeu novateur pour un ou plusieurs cerveau( portal)
    +1 multi pour s eclater total avec les potes en ligne (team fortress 2)lstyle bd change totalement l ambiance en grosse deconnade generale? trop top!+ 2 jeux action reflexion ou l on simmerge jusquau cou!! (hl1 ethl2).en bref the game of this year
  9. JeffL.
    Oct 9, 2007
    This is a definite must buy game. It includes so much for you money and it's the best bang for your buck out there. Team Fortress 2 is one of the best MP games I've played in years. The Pixar style graphics are amazing and really make the game engine not feel outdated. I understand that the graphics are outdated a bit for the Half-Life 2 series but the amount of games you get This is a definite must buy game. It includes so much for you money and it's the best bang for your buck out there. Team Fortress 2 is one of the best MP games I've played in years. The Pixar style graphics are amazing and really make the game engine not feel outdated. I understand that the graphics are outdated a bit for the Half-Life 2 series but the amount of games you get for the money and then the story that you get along with the game are amazing. I've never been so satisfied with a game purchase...ever! Go buy this game NOW. Expand
  10. DaveFick
    Sep 23, 2007
    Team Fortress 2 by itself is worth the $45 entrance fee. It's an extremely well put together team based FPS. It's fun enough to be able to just screw around, while technical enough to be able to take it very seriously. Excellent for scrimmages. This is a must-have for any FPS gamer.
  11. LeeL.
    Oct 1, 2008
    The most compelling and enjoyable gaming experience of my Life. Every asset within the orange Box was pure gold.
  12. AlexH.
    Jan 21, 2008
    The ultimate package. I played portal for like 3 days straight over and over again. AND IT'S COMPATIBLE WITH GARRY'S MOD!!! WOOT!
  13. LeeG.
    Oct 23, 2008
    I am a Malaysian and bought The Orange Box for RM175.I mean,those game including Half-Life 2 and other games are Game Of The Year,and I like it!!Especially HL2 and Portal
  14. ChristofferL.
    Jan 9, 2008
    All the 5 games is perfect games, i just play tf2 almost 20 hour each week due the great teamwork game and the taunting system is really nice. Its impossible to say this game is crap without lieing if you have tried it. Portal seems to be the most hard working game in the box, the portal device and the portals really changed between game and movie of the game. HL2EP2 is that game I have All the 5 games is perfect games, i just play tf2 almost 20 hour each week due the great teamwork game and the taunting system is really nice. Its impossible to say this game is crap without lieing if you have tried it. Portal seems to be the most hard working game in the box, the portal device and the portals really changed between game and movie of the game. HL2EP2 is that game I have been waiting for months. Excellent games in the excellent box, and the fair price of it, 50$ Expand
  15. AaronG.
    Feb 19, 2008
    These have to be the greatest games ive ever played and one of the most wisely spent $50 my family has ever spent. I loved the original Half Life 2 and Episode one before i even bought the orange box so much so that its one of the few games i have actually played through more than once (two to three times each to be more specific). Episode two just improves upon what the original set up These have to be the greatest games ive ever played and one of the most wisely spent $50 my family has ever spent. I loved the original Half Life 2 and Episode one before i even bought the orange box so much so that its one of the few games i have actually played through more than once (two to three times each to be more specific). Episode two just improves upon what the original set up and im still replaying it. Portal may be short but its a must play and they even extend its life more by setting up some challenges and extra ways to play each level after the first playthrough, and the commentary is a blast to listen to. Last but not least, Team Fortress 2 is almost sheer perfection in multiplayer gaming, i was a bit sceptical at first but now its one of my favorite multiplayers games and is made all the more fun by its interactions with the Steam system that runs all the Valve games. For anyone looking to buy a new PC game i HIGHLY recommend The Orange Box above all else! Expand
  16. BryanK.
    May 5, 2008
    Awesome games. Team Fortress 2 is the best game that I have ever played.
  17. WillB.
    Jun 7, 2008
    Everything Valve does seems to turn out to be a work of genius. Games like Half-life 2 and Team Fortress 2 and Portal belong in some kind of hall of fame. A very good title.
  18. Mr.Impulse
    Jan 13, 2010
    I was going to the store to buy L4D2 which was under holiday sale and I wanted to give it a shot since I have the first one. Then I saw The Orange Box for 19,99 euros. Could this be? My favourite saga and one of my favourite multiplayer games for that cheap and in front of me. I simply couldn't resist, so I bought it. And I don't regret my drastic change of purchase. This simple I was going to the store to buy L4D2 which was under holiday sale and I wanted to give it a shot since I have the first one. Then I saw The Orange Box for 19,99 euros. Could this be? My favourite saga and one of my favourite multiplayer games for that cheap and in front of me. I simply couldn't resist, so I bought it. And I don't regret my drastic change of purchase. This simple must be the best deal in gaming history ever. It just can't fail, because it is made by Valve which never fails. NEVER! Expand
  19. PDTS
    Jan 31, 2010
    My only complain is that this box was 66% off, 2 weeks after i bought it... Even then i give it a 10! Ill give it 12/10 if i could! Anyone who gives it under 9 should not play FPS at all... Because they dont like the genre at all.
  20. TomJ.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Fantastic set of games, it's just simply odd that you can get this *set* of fantastic games for the price so many lesser games individually sell for.
  21. AnnaK.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Well so far I've played Portals and have to say that I loved the game from start to finish. Doing the challenge missions now and the advanced and having a blast with those. I really cannot wait for the SDK. I've not really had a chance to play the other games aside from that (dling HL2 to beat it this time around xD) But from what I've heard the price was also very nice Well so far I've played Portals and have to say that I loved the game from start to finish. Doing the challenge missions now and the advanced and having a blast with those. I really cannot wait for the SDK. I've not really had a chance to play the other games aside from that (dling HL2 to beat it this time around xD) But from what I've heard the price was also very nice since I got four new games for 45 dollars. This game definitely deserves the 10 I gave it. Expand
  22. LouM.
    Oct 10, 2007
    HL2 Episode 2 delivers! It is as good as the original (HL2) game. The graphics and game play remain top notch, while the in-game puzzles and fire fights have actually gotten tougher (but still satisfyingly fun). Along with the rest of the Orange Box, this is definitely the value of the year!
  23. TylerCannon
    Oct 10, 2007
    The most amazing compilation of games of all time. I've been playing HL since it was first released and I have to say that Episode 2 is the best so far. Portal is pure genious and Team Fortress 2 is hysterically funny and will give me years of enjoyment. If you haven't ever played a HL game before, HL2 and EP 1 are packed in to this awesome package for your playing pleasure. IThe most amazing compilation of games of all time. I've been playing HL since it was first released and I have to say that Episode 2 is the best so far. Portal is pure genious and Team Fortress 2 is hysterically funny and will give me years of enjoyment. If you haven't ever played a HL game before, HL2 and EP 1 are packed in to this awesome package for your playing pleasure. I recommend all these games to everyone as they are the best I've ever played in my life. Expand
  24. JakeF.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Coming from an old school QWTF player, this game is the best thing to happen in 9 years.
  25. KyleW.
    Oct 12, 2007
    An absolutely perfect game utalizing the source engine and todays more advanced graphics. An unbeatable deal, an amazing game, plus the extras, how could you go wrong?
  26. AviontK.
    Oct 10, 2007
    Although Portal and Episode are rather short for the Orange Box, TF2 you wil want to play for a long time and Portal is always good for a second, even third run through. Worth every penny, would've paid more if I had to!
  27. AndrewG.
    Nov 27, 2007
    You're pretty much a gaming idiot if you do not buy Orange Box. TF2 is shaping up to be one of my favorite games ever. Portal was extremely fun (if for a very short time), and my friend watches me play the episodes in the HL series just because the story is told so well. One of the best purchases I have ever made.
  28. MattH.
    Oct 12, 2007
    I'm currently loving this game. Many of the battles take place in open areas with myriad of places to take cover in or where enemies could be lurking. It makes the game feel extremely non-linear and makes the large fights much more fun. This is the most fun I have had since 2004.
  29. JohnE.
    Nov 30, 2007
    You cannot deny that this is the best deal ever. 5 games including one game that is considered the best game ever made by many people. I do have a couple of complaints though. This orange box should have come with half life 1 since thats why they made the box orange was to comemerate the first game, and having it would make this a complete package. Another thing is that episode 2 is just You cannot deny that this is the best deal ever. 5 games including one game that is considered the best game ever made by many people. I do have a couple of complaints though. This orange box should have come with half life 1 since thats why they made the box orange was to comemerate the first game, and having it would make this a complete package. Another thing is that episode 2 is just so damn short. I hope that the reason episode 2 is so short is because they are investing all of their time into episode 3 because that game is going to have to be the most awsome climax in history. Expand
  30. HenryU.
    Oct 13, 2007
    A bargain and a blast to play.

1. PC Gamer
    Leave it to Valve to deliver the goods on such an ambitious game package...The Orange Box is one of the finest compilations of gaming content ever produced. [Nov 2007, p.58]
    Not only do you get the best single player first person shooter ever created, you also get the two next chapters, a 3D puzzle game that also happens to live in the Half-Life universe and a terrifically fun team-based multiplayer first-person shooter. This is a lot of game in one package for only 50 dollars.
    The Orange Box offers everything any fan of first-person shooters could possibly want: some of the best single-player gaming ever in the shape of Half-Life 2 and Episodes One and Two; wonderful innovation from Portal, and the most refined, downright fun team-based online FPS currently available in Team Fortress 2. If that doesn't warrant a 10 out of 10, nothing does.