The Punisher PC

8.5

1. Jan 29, 2012
    This game is awesome i love it ! it was very very different and it still is ! no other game is like this ! u must play it if u like 3rd person shooter and violence XD it has a good story with nice gameplay and a lot of stuff to do after u finish it
  2. LexLuthor
    Jan 31, 2005
    It may not be the best shooter but it really makes you feel like the punisher.
  3. Jan 20, 2011
    I remember this as my favourite game of the year 2005. I do not read Marvel comics, but since I liked most of Volition's previous work I checked this out. I have played through the game three, maybe four times. It's just so... fun. As games should be. What other games let you dual wield M-60s?
    The excellent levels are probably behind this game's staying power. Straightforward, but also not completely linear. I have noticed new things on every playthrough, and especially the enemy reactions are delightfully varied. The only complaint have is technical: low resolution and muddy colours. This game is also extremely brutal, probably up there with the Manhunt series (which I admit to not having played), and it could have raised quite a fuss had anyone cared.
  4. MatP.
    Apr 1, 2005
    I loved Max Payne, and this game is pretty damn similar (with elements of Manhunt and The Getaway), even down to using the Havok engine. Any sequal would need to focus on hand to hand combat, and utlising the scenery more, to distance itself from Max payne. Solid game.
  5. DanS.
    Jan 22, 2005
    If you love the comic you will LOVE this game.
  6. Luke
    Apr 29, 2005
    I really enjoyed this game. I played the demo, and enjoyed it enough to get the full game, and was pleasantly suprised just how much fun i had with it. The graphics are not WOW worthy, especially in light of games like DOOM3 and Halflife2, but they are more than serviceable and occasionally include some nice touches. Character models are fairly decent aswell, with a special mention being I really enjoyed this game. I played the demo, and enjoyed it enough to get the full game, and was pleasantly suprised just how much fun i had with it. The graphics are not WOW worthy, especially in light of games like DOOM3 and Halflife2, but they are more than serviceable and occasionally include some nice touches. Character models are fairly decent aswell, with a special mention being the Punisher himself, he looks absolutely perfect. The action is really what it is all about and the game is very good in the multitude of ways it gives you to dispatch of enemies - U will not be left wanting for variety thats for sure. The story isnt too bad aswell and kept me intrigued enough. Sound is decent, with Thomas Jane providing the punishers voice adding that extra feeling of authenticity. The game has boss fights in it which generally werent highlights, but one in particular [recreating the battle between castle and the russian from the movie] is very well done. Gameplay wise the game is like max payne without bullet time, as the reviewers say. But, i enjoyed this game far more than the max payne franchise, i liked the punisher character more and thought the game offered more variety in it then payne. overall, i was decently impressed with what i thought would be a shoddy licenced game. well done Volition. Expand
  7. Jun 16, 2014
    Este juego me gusto mucho, aunque para basarse en una película no sigue para nada la historia de ella. Es un intento de mezclar la historia de la película con una nueva, como que algunos personajes de la película están vivos a pesar de que era imposible que sobrevivieran, Como el ruso, el jefe final si me lo puedo creer pero con el ruso es imposible, pero quitando eso este juego es brutal.Este juego me gusto mucho, aunque para basarse en una película no sigue para nada la historia de ella. Es un intento de mezclar la historia de la película con una nueva, como que algunos personajes de la película están vivos a pesar de que era imposible que sobrevivieran, Como el ruso, el jefe final si me lo puedo creer pero con el ruso es imposible, pero quitando eso este juego es brutal. Aquí puedes matar de varias formas y todas brutales. Puedes apuñalar, romper cuellos, si tienes armas potentes reventar extremidades tanto si el sujeto esta vivo o muerto en el suelo y en los interrogatorios puedes matar de formas mucho peores como quemándolos vivos, triturándolos o dárselos de comer a unas pirañas. Tiene mucha sangre me gusto eso aun que se puede poner algo repetitivo si juegas mucho muy seguido, sugiero pasar 1 o 2 niveles a la ves y no mas o te aburrirás. otra cosa positiva es que tiene traducción completa al español, cosa que la mayoría de títulos actuales no tiene. En conclusión es un gran juego y lo recomiendo le doy un 09/10, pensaba en darle un 08/10 pero me encanto el poder quitar extremidades. Expand

1. It's not all brutality. The Punisher is also one of the most immersive strategy games ever created. Aim for the head and enjoy.
  2. While it attempts to put its own spin on the third-person shooter genre by adding sometimes-gruesome interrogation sequences, this game is, more or less, "Max Payne" without the bullet time.
  3. Mediocre in many ways, with very little in the way of originality or true substance and with far too linear game play.