6.9

1. Jul 25, 2013
    Excellent game! Lots of fun for any mystery lover. The atmosphere is beautiful, and the characters were pretty interesting. I usually don't play adventure games, but was very impressed with this one.
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    This is a sexy and suspenseful point-and-click whodunit.

The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief is a three-part game, the first chapter of which has come out. It revolves around the lives of a motley group of passengers aboard a train bound for Venice who are peripherally involved in the exploits of a copycat thief who successfully purloins one of two stunningly valuable gemstones. The
    second gemstone is aboard the train.

You play as a constable who at first attempts to guard the gemstone but becomes embroiled in a murder investigation that may or may not be related. Only you can unearth the clues to get to the bottom of this mystery.

Without question, the story, characters, and setting are what make this title. It sits on the border between game and interactive movie, so don't expect a lot in the way of puzzle solving.

Pros include a great musical score, believable and well-performed voice acting, a nice and simple interface, and well utilized tools such as the diary and inventory.

Cons include a few bugs that were patched out this morning I tested them to make sure. Also, the dialog sometimes wonders from the animation in a way that is highly noticeable.

If you are into whodunit mysteries, this game is a must. I adored it. It has a few graphics problems, but the game is solid. I played the first chapter in six hours; subsequent chapters come out in August and September. Just be sure to save occasionally just in case I didn't find all the bugs.

Full video review on my blog and YouTube channel.
  3. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you are a reasonably mature, intelligent person, and can find entertainment in video games without needing to shoot everything on the screen, you will enjoy this game. The Gamespot review really makes me angry, and you should ignore it because the reviewer obviously doesn't appreciate adventure games. In The Raven, the settings, artwork, voice acting, soundtrack, and production quality are all amazing. The gameplay is very good as well. Most of the puzzles are intuitive, and make sense, without being overly easy. You can tell that a lot of thought and care went into the design of this game. There are plenty of twists and turns in this first episode alone, and while in the beginning you MAY begin to think the game is boring and slow, I promise you that it picks up very soon and becomes exciting. It's not just about a thief- a lot of other stuff happens, and the plot really thickens and builds on itself. If you like mysteries AT ALL, you owe it to yourself to play this. Give it a chance and *minor spoilers* after you open the locked door and find the purse, things really get interesting. Expand
  4. Aug 14, 2013
    Game Stop... Your Review is very dull and unprofessional. I Recommend that you never do reviews ever again. Unless you like losing your customers. Anyway This game is quite prodigious. The graphics were Stunning, The colors were beautiful, and the game play smooth and precise. Its only $24.99 on steam.... how can you give this such a lousy rating?
  5. Aug 11, 2013
    I love this game and I can't wait to play the second part. The Story makes this game really awesome. The puzzles are very logical and the characters are very interesting. The graphics could be a little bit more realistic but the game itself compensates this a million times! :-)
    definite recommendation!
  6. Aug 12, 2013
    I installed the game via Steam on a Ubuntu running PC. I had no technical problems. Sound and graphics are great. Puzzles seem to be easy at first, but after some time get more difficult and entertaining. I cant wait finishing the last two chapters of the game. Great job, well done!

1. Nov 14, 2013
    The controls occasionally feel clunky. [Issue#141, p.117]
  2. Oct 7, 2013
    Quirky puzzles, nice storyline and out of the ordinary main character make this Agatha Christie tribute stand out from the vast masses of adventure games. If you're searching for mature content, this is your choice. [Aug 2013]
  3. Sep 19, 2013
    The first episode of The Raven trilogy is blink-and-you-miss-it short. The next time we’ll see the same events from the criminal’s point of view. Here is hoping that his version of the story is more interesting.