- Summary: Set across 1960's Europe, The Raven is a stunning fast-paced point-and-click adventure journeying through thrilling and dense atmospheres with the aim of catching the art burglar, The Raven. Players follow The Raven's trademark black feather clues to capture the thief and to protect aSet across 1960's Europe, The Raven is a stunning fast-paced point-and-click adventure journeying through thrilling and dense atmospheres with the aim of catching the art burglar, The Raven. Players follow The Raven's trademark black feather clues to capture the thief and to protect a legendary sapphire, the "Eye of the Sphinx" on its journey from Switzerland to Egypt.… Expand
Aug 13, 2013With so much of the story left to see, it’s hard to make any definitive calls on the overall quality of The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief. As for the first chapter though, I am waiting with baited breath to see where the story goes, and to continue on this adventure with Constable Zellner. For fans of the adventure genre, this is an easy one to recommend. For everyone else, there is nothing quite like a good mystery, and this, so far, is absolutely one of the good ones.
Aug 28, 2013A thrilling detective adventure game that will get you into the plot, where you play the main role, with its story and its cinematic narratives. Even though you won't find many logical challenges, and your gameplay interactions will be very limited, surely you will have fun. This is the kind of a game title you should not miss.
games(TM)Nov 14, 2013The controls occasionally feel clunky. [Issue#141, p.117]
Jul 19, 2013Chase a notorious and presumed dead masterthief in this new point and click adventure game by the creators of The Book of Unwritten Tales. In the first episode you play as swiss police officer investigating the ravens latest heist. Experience exotic locations such as the famous orient express train or a luxurious cruise ship in the Mediterranean and solve mostly logical, simple riddles.
Jul 25, 2013Excellent game! Lots of fun for any mystery lover. The atmosphere is beautiful, and the characters were pretty interesting. I usually don'tExcellent game! Lots of fun for any mystery lover. The atmosphere is beautiful, and the characters were pretty interesting. I usually don't play adventure games, but was very impressed with this one.… Expand
Jul 25, 2015A very enjoyable adventure that stays true to the crime / murder mystery genre. Beautifully crafted locations really add to the immersion ofA very enjoyable adventure that stays true to the crime / murder mystery genre. Beautifully crafted locations really add to the immersion of this well told narrative. I like how you an delve into the back story of each character. And the final ending - not even Agatha has provided such a twist. The puzzles are casual - and as this is a story based game - this is a good thing. There is just enough interaction to keep you involved without it becoming tedious. Minus 1 for some slight performance issues. Highly recommended for interactive story fans.… Expand
Jul 25, 2013This is a sexy and suspenseful point-and-click whodunit.
The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief is a three-part game, the first chapter ofThis is a sexy and suspenseful point-and-click whodunit.
The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief is a three-part game, the first chapter of which has come out. It revolves around the lives of a motley group of passengers aboard a train bound for Venice who are peripherally involved in the exploits of a copycat thief who successfully purloins one of two stunningly valuable gemstones. The second gemstone is aboard the train.
You play as a constable who at first attempts to guard the gemstone but becomes embroiled in a murder investigation that may or may not be related. Only you can unearth the clues to get to the bottom of this mystery.
Without question, the story, characters, and setting are what make this title. It sits on the border between game and interactive movie, so don't expect a lot in the way of puzzle solving.
Pros include a great musical score, believable and well-performed voice acting, a nice and simple interface, and well utilized tools such as the diary and inventory.
Cons include a few bugs that were patched out this morning I tested them to make sure. Also, the dialog sometimes wonders from the animation in a way that is highly noticeable.
If you are into whodunit mysteries, this game is a must. I adored it. It has a few graphics problems, but the game is solid. I played the first chapter in six hours; subsequent chapters come out in August and September. Just be sure to save occasionally just in case I didn't find all the bugs.
Full video review on my blog and YouTube channel.… Expand
Jul 24, 2013An enjoyable game, steady paced with lots of dialogue a nice break from an FPS for me and graphically and musically good also. Basic and easyAn enjoyable game, steady paced with lots of dialogue a nice break from an FPS for me and graphically and musically good also. Basic and easy to grasp controls with a decent story in 3 parts, 1st part takes around 3-4 hours to complete so for a £20 release for all 3 parts not a bad deal. The puzzles are essentially straight forward, some easier some harder than others but not to the extent that you need to constantly alt-tab out to a walkthrough. I can't give this game a 10 as that would be silly as it is not a AAA release that takes you to the next level of invention, complexity or graphics but what it does do it does very nicely and is a great example of a point and click game lovers of George Stobart in the Broken Sword games this will certainly appeal to you its the closest comparison i can make for would be purchasers.… Expand
Oct 14, 2013The Good:
- The atmosphere of this game feels really nice.
- The soundtrack fits the mood and is of high quality. - The general idea of theThe Good:
- The atmosphere of this game feels really nice.
- The soundtrack fits the mood and is of high quality.
- The general idea of the story line is interesting and intriguing.
- Some puzzles are really well done and integrate seamlessly into the story.
- One major plot hole, that left me with the feeling of being lied to by the game. Absolutely absurd. But I don't want to spoil anyone with details.
- Crude animations, that force you to wait until they are finished. Sometimes you have to wait for 10 seconds, until a character has left the screen, after walking up all the damn stairs. It's also looking very awful and I've got the feeling, that it gets much worse towards the end of the game. I guess the developers didn't test and integrate those animations at all. A nerve-wrecking nightmare!
- Most of the puzzles are either totally obvious don't make any sense at all. Both ways they are not a lot of fun. (But some puzzles are nice and challenging, though they are the minority.)
- The game was bug infested after publishing, up to the point, that you couldn't finish the first chapter. After some patches it became better, but you need to save a lot, to deal with frequent crashes.
The setting and story could have made a really good game, but in the end I was more disappointed than satisfied by the game's flaws.… Expand
Jul 27, 2014This review is for the xbox 360 version. I played through the first two episodes struggling with many crashes and glitches and although itThis review is for the xbox 360 version. I played through the first two episodes struggling with many crashes and glitches and although it was not a great game I was determined to finish it. When I got to the third episode the game would not load. I tried all the suggestions on the forums but none of this worked so I deleted the whole game from my console. This kind of thing should not be allowed to happen. I know this is happening to other people and why the game is on sale when it does this is beyond me. This game is not good enough to justify this kind of frustration and is a waste of your time. Do Not Buy This Game even if it is on sale, you will end up angry like me.… Expand
Aug 2, 2013Unfortunately I let the hype get me and I bought this game. This game is soooo boring, all you
do is run around and talk to a thousand peopleUnfortunately I let the hype get me and I bought this game. This game is soooo boring, all you
do is run around and talk to a thousand people to get a story, a really
boring story at that, long winded, not exciting or suspenseful at all,
only 2-3 sort of fun thinking puzzles or things to solve....and it's not even
the full game, it leaves you hanging off a cliff and doesn't even let
you know this is only ONE part of a 3 part series, the other 2 are not
out yet......so disappointed, and this game is lame. I can not emphasize how boring this game was and I'm really into nancy drew, mystery, little puzzle games which everyone keeps saying this is like. Umm no, all it is is way way way way way too much TALKING TO BORING CHARACTERS, way to slow. It's also slow and your character walks around to 7 other places before he gets to
where you pointed him in the first place and many times he froze up
walking in place for 5 minutes and I had to cold boot the whole computer
to get the game to close.......… Expand