The Saboteur PC

7.9

1. Aug 6, 2012
    This is a truly fun game. Part Assassins Creed, part Grand Theft Auto...you'll be climbing rooftops, hijacking and collecting cars, shooting and blowing Nazis, and watching burlesque dancers in this open world 3rd person action game set in WWII Paris. The graphics are pretty good, but distant textures get muddy. Still the world looks nice and Paris is pretty big. The game mechanics areThis is a truly fun game. Part Assassins Creed, part Grand Theft Auto...you'll be climbing rooftops, hijacking and collecting cars, shooting and blowing Nazis, and watching burlesque dancers in this open world 3rd person action game set in WWII Paris. The graphics are pretty good, but distant textures get muddy. Still the world looks nice and Paris is pretty big. The game mechanics are very easy to control; driving, shooting, and upgrades are all done well. The game seems to favor ease though so if you want a challenge crank it over normal because I find normal too easy for my taste. Mission vary which include racing, assassinating, and bombing. Outside of the main and side missions there are plenty of things to do to earn contraband, the games currency, to buy gear and level up abilities. My favorite part of this game tho, is that it's mostly in black and white until you "free" a neighborhood which then get colorized showing it's free state. A unique and effect gimmick that adds a great look to the game. This is an excellent game all around. Expand
  2. zachd
    Dec 13, 2009
    I dont understand why the main reviews gave it such a low score, this game is amazing! Maybe because it doesn't have multiplayer? Who knows.. Combine GTA IV with Call Of Duty and Godfather II and Prince of Pursia, and you get Saboteur. The graphics are excellent, sound is great, gameplay is top notch, animations are fluid, its quite hard to fault. It has a unique style/atmosphere to I dont understand why the main reviews gave it such a low score, this game is amazing! Maybe because it doesn't have multiplayer? Who knows.. Combine GTA IV with Call Of Duty and Godfather II and Prince of Pursia, and you get Saboteur. The graphics are excellent, sound is great, gameplay is top notch, animations are fluid, its quite hard to fault. It has a unique style/atmosphere to the game, kind of like th original Call of Duty but in a Sandbox setting. You can roam free and go after enemy objects how you please, there is loads of detail and polish, and plenty of action. I honestly think this is the best game of the year, way better than the boring scripted linear setting of other WW2 games. Expand
  3. Jul 31, 2011
    This is one of the best games I've played... and replayed. Lots of different playing aspects to the game from the more scripted main missions and side missions to just roaming around idealized versions of Paris, La Havre, and Saarbrucken going after the various types of freeplay targets. This game can take weeks to play. Thankfully, you don't have to go after every freeplay target. PayThis is one of the best games I've played... and replayed. Lots of different playing aspects to the game from the more scripted main missions and side missions to just roaming around idealized versions of Paris, La Havre, and Saarbrucken going after the various types of freeplay targets. This game can take weeks to play. Thankfully, you don't have to go after every freeplay target. Pay special attention to the Perks as they can give you access to extra and more powerful weapons. I thought the storyline was engaging and the voice acting very good. Character facial animation could have been a bit better, something more like in Half Life 2 would have been perfect. Game physics was good. Driving a car was a challenge as all Parisians seemed to have a death wish by randomly jumping in front of my car, not to mention the cars controlled by game AI. Bodies all over the place!

It's too bad the game has problems with ATI cards. The game sat on my bookshelf for that reason for about a year before I upgraded to a slightly faster system with an Nvidia card. Even then, the game crashes if I play it for too long under XP or Windows 7. The beta 1.3 patch didn't help the crashing problem. I just live with it as the game is too good to just give up on. Maybe the folks at EA will fix it and add a few more missions. Hope springs eternal.
  4. Dec 24, 2011
    game with interesting gameplay, story.
    And of course the bad Nazis!
    If you love to kill Nazis, climb buildings like spider man, this game is for you!
  5. Jan 12, 2012
    I really liked the game. A good story, a lot of freedom for action. Excellent graphics, not demanding on hardware.

I would like to see The Saboteur 2.
  6. May 5, 2012
    I loved this game. Take the city exploration of Assassins Creed, the driving of GTA, throw it into Paris and get to hunt all the Nazi's you could wish for. Choose to sneak or gun, shot, bomb or punch your way to victory. Lots of ATI issues but none for my Nvidia cards. I played it then played Mass Effect 3 then went back to it again. I'm now playing Sniper Elite 2 and will go back to itI loved this game. Take the city exploration of Assassins Creed, the driving of GTA, throw it into Paris and get to hunt all the Nazi's you could wish for. Choose to sneak or gun, shot, bomb or punch your way to victory. Lots of ATI issues but none for my Nvidia cards. I played it then played Mass Effect 3 then went back to it again. I'm now playing Sniper Elite 2 and will go back to it after that probably. A must have. Expand
  7. Jul 24, 2014
    This game's atmosphere is simply beautiful. The way the Nazi-Occupation is displayed (although most likely not particularly historical) makes it seem like a very depressing world to live in, which is actually good because once you finish some missions and make the world a better place, you'll enjoy walking through that world.
    My only complaints are that the map is not working properly
    My only complaints are that the map is not working properly (I've heard you have to play in 720p for it to function, but I haven't tested that) and the occasional bug but so far I have not encountered any game-breaking ones. The story line is also pretty cheesy but if you look past that and simply the enjoy the gameplay Saboteur is a very good experience.
  8. Mar 16, 2011
    I like this game, kicking some butt and hiding on rooftops and wells.....You'll love the missions that this game offers: racing mission, assassination, etc etc............
  9. Feb 4, 2014
    It was such a pleasure going through this game. For some reason, I did not have great expectations, but after the first few hours I literally fell in love with it. Artistically it is outstanding, wandering in Paris is extremely entertaining, the music choices are fantastic and the main character is charismatic.
    Simply put: a game hard to forget.
  10. mariop
    Dec 21, 2009
    Very good game...amazing 1940`s paris and surrounding....it s a huge world with thousands of nazi installation to destroy...u got racing ,shooting,upgrades and girls...oh yeah...u can do what u want whenever u want...i didnt had a feel of linearity....if u like gta and world war type of game...this one is for you ....i enjoyed it so much i almost declared myself sick from work just to Very good game...amazing 1940`s paris and surrounding....it s a huge world with thousands of nazi installation to destroy...u got racing ,shooting,upgrades and girls...oh yeah...u can do what u want whenever u want...i didnt had a feel of linearity....if u like gta and world war type of game...this one is for you ....i enjoyed it so much i almost declared myself sick from work just to play it...it s a must... Expand
  11. Feb 26, 2011
    The game is certainly fun, and I found the campaign much more enjoyable than Just Cause 2. Yes you will likely get bored being a completist and trying to get every last Nazi structure destroyed. Nowhere near as boring/cut&paste as Just Cause 2. The car driving is tricky at first but once you get the hang of it, it's a lot of fun. I would say Just Cause 2 certainly wins in the vehicleThe game is certainly fun, and I found the campaign much more enjoyable than Just Cause 2. Yes you will likely get bored being a completist and trying to get every last Nazi structure destroyed. Nowhere near as boring/cut&paste as Just Cause 2. The car driving is tricky at first but once you get the hang of it, it's a lot of fun. I would say Just Cause 2 certainly wins in the vehicle diversity/mayhem you can cause with vehicles, but there is still a lot of fun to be had with them here, and frankly that style wouldn't work well in this period. Expand
  12. Nov 2, 2011
    The Saboteur is simply a work of art and unfairly under-rated. The problem with ATI card can be worked around with few tweaking and after that, the game runs fine. (Folks having issues with this game will most likely have issues with other titles.) I find this game to be one of best open world game I've played so far. (Well next to Mafia 2, yet another under-rated title)
  13. Apr 29, 2013
    This underrated gem from 2009 and the last game from Pandemic Games, creators of Mercenaries 1 & 2 and Star Wars: Battlefront II is easily one of the best open world games you can get and a certain favourite of mine. It is set in Nazi-occupied France during WWII, and features an Irish race car driver off for some revenge in Paris after things go wrong when he and his friend decide to driveThis underrated gem from 2009 and the last game from Pandemic Games, creators of Mercenaries 1 & 2 and Star Wars: Battlefront II is easily one of the best open world games you can get and a certain favourite of mine. It is set in Nazi-occupied France during WWII, and features an Irish race car driver off for some revenge in Paris after things go wrong when he and his friend decide to drive their racing rival's car off a cliff. Despite that simple premise the story is quite good, albeit clichéd, with some funny writing and memorable characters. The campaign is also rather lengthy for a game that was essentially rushed to release by EA before they closed down Pandemic. I believe it took me 10-12 hours to beat.

The game features the city of Paris as well as its countryside and a small German town. The map is quite large and has a ton of things to do. A unique graphical style was used to show the game's world, where Nazi occupied areas and districts are covered in a black and white colour palette with only the occasional yellow light from buildings or the red swastika flags of the Nazi's. As you progress through the campaign and liberate Paris, however, parts of the map will become colourful and vibrant though this is admittedly uglier than the eerily beautiful black and white, with some muddy washed out textures.

The gameplay is essentially your standard open world game and borrows heavily from games like Assassin's Creed with its parkour and GTA IV with its cover shooting and driving. I really enjoyed the cover shooting combat, but I know many have complained it isn't as good as GTA IV's so it could just be me since I love most cover shooters. There are a variety of weapons unlocked through side missions that range from silenced pistols to scoped carbines and rocket launchers. Since the main character is the titular "Saboteur" you will also be able to blow up some Nazi radio towers and installations with dynamite.
    Other activities aside from combat include races, about 10 side missions, a knife throwing minigame from the free DLC, and vehicle collecting.

As for flaws, there are a fair number but I didn't find any of them too serious. The climbing feels pretty stiff because to move from one handhold to the next you have to press the jump key each time, compared to Assassin's Creed where you could climb with minimal button pushing. Since the game borrows heavily from other games, it also lacks some originality and not all of the concepts it borrows from are fleshed out as good as the games they came from. Other than that, I can't think of any major flaws. I encountered no bugs or glitches playing PC as far as I remember. Also, be prepared to suffer through some awful fake French and German accents.

Overall, it's a wonderful open world game with a lot of charm and loads of content and one you should definitely pick up if you ever find it in the bargain bin at your local game retailer. Don't forget to have the nudity option enabled when you're in the strip club!
  14. Apr 23, 2014
    Its really quite amazing. Fun gameplay, dumb accents, and a huge open world Paris make it worth the $20. Granted some missions are tedious, and some of the gameplay old, it still remains fun. It may be far from historically accurate, but really, who cares?Its like if Assassins Creed, Max Payne, and cell-shading had a baby together, and this was it. So please, do buy it. **** Origin, butIts really quite amazing. Fun gameplay, dumb accents, and a huge open world Paris make it worth the $20. Granted some missions are tedious, and some of the gameplay old, it still remains fun. It may be far from historically accurate, but really, who cares?Its like if Assassins Creed, Max Payne, and cell-shading had a baby together, and this was it. So please, do buy it. **** Origin, but don't **** this game.

FYI-There is a **** of blood and **** and swearing in it, so kids, don't play it.
  15. KyleT
    Jan 13, 2010
    This game is certainly one of those hidden gems. Do not believe the subpar ratings it got in mainstream media. The color versus noir graphics work well together and serve as a means to make the player feel epic when they liberate part of Paris. The dialogue is great and voice acting is fantastic on most counts. Two characters in particular - Sean, the main character, and a priest who has This game is certainly one of those hidden gems. Do not believe the subpar ratings it got in mainstream media. The color versus noir graphics work well together and serve as a means to make the player feel epic when they liberate part of Paris. The dialogue is great and voice acting is fantastic on most counts. Two characters in particular - Sean, the main character, and a priest who has been left frustrated by the Nazi occupation. The story, while nothing new, is fun to follow and serves to encourage the player to continue quite well. Revenge tales have all been told before, but Sean is an interesting enough character and he undergoes enough growth that the story does not become stale. Gameplay is great and this is by far one of the best sandbox titles out there. As many have said, it's like a combination of GTAIV and Assassin's Creed, but that's not a bad thing. The Saboteur combines gameplay elements from both and does it well and with a lot of polish. Climbing is great and only once or twice did I feel like Sean wasn't doing what I wanted him to and driving is way better than in GTA - sometimes, ultra-realistic vehicle suspension don't equal fun (I'm looking at you Rockstar). Blowing up Nazi installations at your leisure to gain contraband (the game's money) is fun in it's own right and there are plenty of weapons and alternatives to use while on your mission of destruction (including some wicked fun fictional Nazi weapons near the end). The set pieces are solid and get progressively more epic as you go with some truly fantastic gameplay moments like running through an exploding Zeplin or busting prisoners off of a moving train before it reaches the end of its trip at a bridge wired to explode. The gameplay is a mix of stealth and action with some fun minigames like racing or a duck hunt remix to break up the pacing. Graphics and character design are solid, although some optimization would help. I kind of felt that the game should have been able to run at higher settings on my lap top for the way it looked, but it wasn't too bad. There are games with far worse optimization out there. There are some bugs (the occasional floating object or Nazi) but they are rare. Sound design and the soundtrack is downright fantastic. Explosions and gunfire sound great and there's nothing like the purr of your racecar's engine as you flee from Nazi pursuers. The soundtrack is a blend of period music in English and French, many of which have been remixed or jazzed up in some way, but it's nice to drive to and the orchestral pieces for the more action packed moments serve to make them feel more epic. Overall, Saboteur is a must try for any sandbox or action fan. It's truly sad that it is Pandemic's final game as it is also the best by far. The ending alone is so simple, but so epic that it is one of the best game endings in a long time. The Saboteur is one hell of a ride and anyone looking for a solid title to fill some time should give it a shot. Expand
  16. CodyP
    Jan 3, 2010
    I was kind of unsure about this game when i first started, but I've come to very much enjoy the experience. I find myself constantly coming back to it and enjoying it every time. I've found a few glitches, but most of them have worked in my favor (ie. alarms not still going after loading a checkpoint) and even then they're nothing worse than I've encountered in other I was kind of unsure about this game when i first started, but I've come to very much enjoy the experience. I find myself constantly coming back to it and enjoying it every time. I've found a few glitches, but most of them have worked in my favor (ie. alarms not still going after loading a checkpoint) and even then they're nothing worse than I've encountered in other games. As for the people who have had issue with ATI cards, they must've fixed this somewhere along the lines, because I am running it just fine (hasn't crashed on me once yet and I've played quite a bit) under 64-bit Win 7 and an ATI Radeon 4870X2. Maybe that and the i7 just power through the problem spots, I dunno, but I do know that I haven't noticed any issues yet, even after playing for several hours straight. Moral of the story, if it runs for you, it's well worth a play. Expand
  17. wayneo
    Jan 9, 2010
    I have an AMD/ATI setup and i can confirm that this game runs fine on it, especially with the new beta patch installed (so i am pleased i ignored the previous negative comments). Had the game a day and so far loving it! The character of Sean (the irish guy) is great with his funny comments. The game kinda has a GTA meets Assasins creed feel to it..... it becomes really fun to try and do I have an AMD/ATI setup and i can confirm that this game runs fine on it, especially with the new beta patch installed (so i am pleased i ignored the previous negative comments). Had the game a day and so far loving it! The character of Sean (the irish guy) is great with his funny comments. The game kinda has a GTA meets Assasins creed feel to it..... it becomes really fun to try and do all the missions by stealth. Blowing up things never gets old :) Overall, i love the feel of the game and think this is gonna be one of those games i feel compelled to finish!! Expand
  18. AlbertoD
    Dec 9, 2009
    Simply the best game from Mafia. A piece of art. Of course, the game of the year.
  19. [anonymous]
    Jan 19, 2010
    This game is very fun. It is a great combination of assassin's creed and gta4. I've put in about 10 hours now and can't get enough.
  20. JordanR
    Dec 21, 2009
    If I were to be rating this game based on the technical sides of the game, I would give it more like a 7, but I'm not. Based on how much fun I have blowing up Nazi installations in Paris, I give it a 9.
  21. MichaelS
    Dec 23, 2009
    Great game, works on my windows 7 64-bit PC with nVidia graphics like a charm. Good gameplay, although maybe a bit glitchy at times. Still a game worth buying though. I'd say it is more a console game than PC game though.
  22. EdgeD
    Dec 24, 2009
    This game was surprisingly really good. Great story that lasted longer than I thought it would. High replay value since I want to go back and get all the perks and cars to 100% this game. Only bad thing was the graphics. They seemed a little dated for a game in Q4 of 2009.
  23. LarsA
    Dec 12, 2009
    This game is highly underrated. In many ways this is Grand Theft Auto IV in Paris, and it compares quite favorably to GTA IV on most levels. There are technical issues for some, but when running smooth this game is highly enjoyable and should be a must-buy for anyone who is a GTA fan.
  24. Jan 26, 2011
    I love this game, as simple as that. Running on nvida 280gtx windows 7 64 and i7 920 cpu. Realize that a lot of ati owners have problems, (which should have been fixed in a patch now I think), but as for myself, I havent encountered a single gamestopping bug. Great atmosphere, well made story and acting, recommend for anyone with some proper refined taste ;-)
  25. Sep 29, 2010
    I purchased the game for close to nothing and have found it to be highly entertaining. I like the setting, the story is quite interesting (particularly for a game), and the graphics/sound/voice acting are very good. There are flaws where the game lacks "polish", but nothing is a show stopper. Overall I had a great time playing this game - sorry to hear Pandemic has closed. As a sideI purchased the game for close to nothing and have found it to be highly entertaining. I like the setting, the story is quite interesting (particularly for a game), and the graphics/sound/voice acting are very good. There are flaws where the game lacks "polish", but nothing is a show stopper. Overall I had a great time playing this game - sorry to hear Pandemic has closed. As a side note: I have an ATI 5850 and quad core CPU and did not have any problems with the game at all (I installed the beta patch and did not disable two of the cpu cores). Expand
  26. Nov 26, 2010
    Don't believe the corporate media, this game is fundamentally an atmospheric, character-driven and thoroughly-enjoyable re-imagining of nazi-occupied Paris which delivers on almost all of its initial promise. The story and characters are enthralling, the soundtrack is poignant, and the sense of free-roaming, which sees the player sabotaging various kinds of nazi installations, isDon't believe the corporate media, this game is fundamentally an atmospheric, character-driven and thoroughly-enjoyable re-imagining of nazi-occupied Paris which delivers on almost all of its initial promise. The story and characters are enthralling, the soundtrack is poignant, and the sense of free-roaming, which sees the player sabotaging various kinds of nazi installations, is incredibly fun, at least for the first 10-15 hours. The graphics and the ambient design of the game is at times breathtaking, and is definitely a highlight. Nazis assault civilians as you drive past, Zephyrs fly through the sky, nazi flags and guard towers dominate the thundering black and white skylines and once you get into the later missions you will even face off against Orwellian-styled SS flamethrower troops, tanks, and fighter planes. If you are interested in atmospheric, historical and/or character-driven games with plenty of free-roaming, this game is for you. The only negatives really surface after the first 15-20 hours where the novelty of the sabotaging begins to wear off, but by then you should have enough contraband to buy most of the good weapons, etc. Compared to the free-roaming elements that have featured in games such as GTA 4, it is much better (no annoying date-calls here!). There are also a few minor bugs (you will occasionally see the odd nazi floating through the sky) but they are rare and throughout 35-40 hours of total play I never encountered any game-wrecking bugs. Overall, this game is by far one of the best games released in the last few years, combining a thrilling war setting with fun and atmospheric car races, wall-to-wall shootouts and exploring the city of Paris (which is wonderfully designed). There is so much to do and see in this game that it can easily deliver over 35-40 hours of gameplay before you finish the last mission, as it did for me. Expand
  27. Apr 22, 2012
    This is a great game. Lots of action, climbing on rooftops, and killing Nazis. You can pick from a variety of weapons and explosives to complete the missions. The scenery in the game is also interesting and authentically Parisian; e.g., Pigalle Street, Montmarte, and the weird roads and biways. When I played the game, I really got caught up in the plot even though Sean Devlin isThis is a great game. Lots of action, climbing on rooftops, and killing Nazis. You can pick from a variety of weapons and explosives to complete the missions. The scenery in the game is also interesting and authentically Parisian; e.g., Pigalle Street, Montmarte, and the weird roads and biways. When I played the game, I really got caught up in the plot even though Sean Devlin is somewhat transparent and the ladies are pretty, but not very entertaining. The only reason I didn't give this game a 10 was because the characters seemed to move in a jerky motion and the Sean was slow to react to the controls. Overall, I recommend this game highly. Expand
  28. Apr 15, 2012
    The game had an excellent vibe and way of describing what was happening in Paris during World War II. I'd recommend this to any World War II fanatic out there. There were a few game issues but nothing that affected the overall game-play majorly. I was disappointed by the Xbox controller support, it had it but it worked horribly. Other then that, excellent game. If you see it on sale, getThe game had an excellent vibe and way of describing what was happening in Paris during World War II. I'd recommend this to any World War II fanatic out there. There were a few game issues but nothing that affected the overall game-play majorly. I was disappointed by the Xbox controller support, it had it but it worked horribly. Other then that, excellent game. If you see it on sale, get it, you won't be disappointed. Expand
  29. Apr 27, 2012
    If you enjoy action sandbox games GTA style, you will enjoy enormously playing The Saboteur. I would call it one of the most hidden Gems of the decade. Even if i don't know what kind of sales the game achieved I can say.. not enough. It is a great game that had the potential of becoming a great franchise, hope they retake it and make a sequel. After reading some reviews and watching someIf you enjoy action sandbox games GTA style, you will enjoy enormously playing The Saboteur. I would call it one of the most hidden Gems of the decade. Even if i don't know what kind of sales the game achieved I can say.. not enough. It is a great game that had the potential of becoming a great franchise, hope they retake it and make a sequel. After reading some reviews and watching some videos I decided to go out of my way of buying only games from Steam and gave it a try. Get it, deserves a chance in your collection but for what i understand first check if u don't have compatibility issues since that would be the only thing standing between you and a great production. It's not perfect but sure it's fun and a great concept. Expand
  30. Apr 7, 2013
    Very good and fulfilling take on GTA formula that's trying it's own thing. The game can be very lighthearted sometimes, and the only real problems I see are few nasty bugs on PC version (map for example), somewhat poor character decisions sometimes and rushed ending that leaves you dissapointed. But not the game itself, I definetely wasn't dissapointed that I've spend good 30 hours on it.
  31. Dec 4, 2012
    a few people are moaning about this game either they have no skill in games of this type or are just plain dumb.

the game has easy controls and after a very short time you should have no problems with the layout and climbing fighting ect should be a breeze, i dont see how so many people find this game so hard, ive completed it on the 360, ps3 and pc without any such problems, finding out where you've got to go during missions is easy thanks to the map showing you where to go and completing the missions is not about running around as fast as you can it's about stealth and avoiding the nazis, when you are trespassing you have to make sure you are not spotted so an easy tip would be to go round when not doing missions and blow up all the look out towers and anti aircraft guns though im sure most people have the common sense to do that first.

overall i found the game experience very rewarding which is why i enjoyed completing it several times over, if you prefer run and gun go play call of duty where as if you like stealth games with a twist im sure you'll love the saboteur.

ps AMD graphics cards no longer have any problems with the game, it was a driver problem from ATI not a game problem.
  32. Apr 28, 2013
    Usually i'm not a big fan of 3rd person open world action games. I tried to get into GTA4 and it felt polished and everything, but just... empty and choices felt meaningless. and as soon as i found out that i couldn't put out fires with the firetruck or rescue people with ambulance or grab a cab off the street to earn money through cab fares, which were all available in GTA3, i couldn'tUsually i'm not a big fan of 3rd person open world action games. I tried to get into GTA4 and it felt polished and everything, but just... empty and choices felt meaningless. and as soon as i found out that i couldn't put out fires with the firetruck or rescue people with ambulance or grab a cab off the street to earn money through cab fares, which were all available in GTA3, i couldn't get myself to continue playing. what's more, i could run over pedestrians, i could kill randomly and it all just felt meaningless. But Saboteur! yes the climbing mechanic is SLOW and repetitive, but thankfully you don't need to do too much of that. Oh, and the world feels more alive! I actually cared about the civilians and wanted to rescue them when they were being harassed by Nazi soldiers. I actually didn't want to jack any car I saw on the street. The perks were fun and free-play objectives are addictive, but the best part of this game and why i keep playing it is that this game made me care about its citizens. and for a 3rd person open world action game, that's a rarity. Choices that matter, not just choices for the sake of having them that's what makes game worlds come alive. Expand
  33. Aug 29, 2013
    Brilliant. It takes GTA and put it into a WW2 era. On an X360, I experienced very rare glitches, the story made sense and Sean, your character, is easily liked. Great game!
  34. Mar 1, 2014
    From the art style of the Nazi occupied Paris in black and white contrast to the run & gun action and joy of blowing up anything in sight. I just had a blast with this game. Now like most open world "sandbox" style games, you could spend hours roaming the map and still never see everything that is in this game. Now granted sometimes the story seems to get a little slow and a tad bitFrom the art style of the Nazi occupied Paris in black and white contrast to the run & gun action and joy of blowing up anything in sight. I just had a blast with this game. Now like most open world "sandbox" style games, you could spend hours roaming the map and still never see everything that is in this game. Now granted sometimes the story seems to get a little slow and a tad bit tedious but you get a pretty good amount for entertainment. A whole slew of people say " I would rather buy GTA" and i cant blame you for that, GTA is awesome but this is a whole other monster.

Being in Paris during a point in history where the world was falling into its darkest days while under the boot heel of the Nazi's is a far cry from Liberty City. Granted they share a lot of the same features such as most sandbox games, in this you most always be ready to fight. In GTA you must do something bad to even have the police come after you let alone gun you down. The Saboteur on the other hand keeps you watching out for any jack booted solider ready to air you out if you cross over into Nazi controlled areas.

The historical elements I quit enjoy, I mean hell I've been blasting away at Nazi's since I was about 7 years old playing the first shareware version of Wolfenstien on PC. A lot of the missions you take on are based on many of the real events the resistance movement .Even the main character Sean Devlin is based off a S.O,E operative named William Grover-williams , a racer car driver who help organize the resistance movements and plot sabotage cells to help aide in the fight to stop Germany.
    The whole map does a great job of showing to now just the city but the whole area outside Paris, you can even go out into wine country, pick off some Nazi with your rifle, blow up a radar station on your way back to town and still have time to catch a burlesque at the Belle de Nuit.

So lets get down to some of the MAJOR problems this game has had since day one. I haven't played this on console but the PC version has some of the buggiest graphic errors i have ever seen. If you set your resolution too high when game map over lay is all a skew and never lines up, so your forced to play the game with a lower resolution even if you have a high end rig. Also I noticed tons of shader glitches and rendering effect go wrong while playing. For instance I was inside a building during a rain storm, I took cover behind a metal crate to get off some shoots and i noticed that even tho I was inside the box had a rendering effect like water was running down the side and rain drops splashing on the top.Another thing I found is that if you own a 3rd party xbox 360 usb controller you must have it unplugged before you start the game and open your save file. what happens is when left plugged in the controls go nuts and are mapped out in some weird fashion and even without touch it you seem to spin around in place.

The year this came out you would think that since its a new title and alot people did buy this on PC, they would put a patch out to address this....no of course not. EA games has a bad habit of never fixing games, and its left up to the studio who made it or some fan in the public to fix it. Since Pandemic broke up there was no help coming and reading alot of post here I see many people cant even play it. Now I spent a few weeks debugging it on my PC and smoothed over 90% of the glitches and I have windows 8. Even before going over this with a fine tooth comb the game ran from day one and I could play it fine.
    Sorry none of you got to work but, I see that most of you are using ATi cards...yea there is a reason why I dont buy those card. Most major studios partner with Nvidia and I use custom software and firmware with my graphics cards to have a full range of control with any program . So unless your willing to do alot of extra code work and reprogram the software when you have these problems I would shut up and buy more popular hardware.It will save you a headache and even tho people talk smack about either of the 2 brands...it doesnt matter one is a more stable and widely used format then the others so screw the techie trash talk ,go buy an EVGA and play some games.
  35. May 4, 2014
    This is an excellent and unappreciated game. TThe mood of the game kept me playing for days. They really should make a sequel and release the first game on Steam (with modding tools).
  36. Aug 18, 2015
    this game is an well-made open-world game. nice driving, nice shooting, and nice parkour. and the background view the PARIS is look nice. but the graphic is so normal. storyline is scanty
  37. Dec 17, 2016
    Прекрасная игра, которая берёт элементы других игр и фильмов и смешивает их вместе. Тут и Assassins creed, и GTA, и даже Город Грехов. Играется очень интересно. Стелс хоть и простой, но всё равно доставляет. Атмосфера Парижа прекрасна! Эпическая сюжетная компания и куча побочных заданий. Единственная претензия может возникнуть к графике, но она вполне нормальная.
    Отличная игра, одна из
    Отличная игра, одна из любимых.
  38. Feb 6, 2016
    This is so cool game that i can't stop playing it. The Saboteur is very fun game to play. It has deep, fun and very well made missions. The perks are not easy to unlock and it is so fun to unlock them. in my opinion it is the one of the most if not THE MOST underrated game of all time. If someone hasn't checked the game yet just try it, trust me you won't regret it.

1. The Saboteur may lack the polish of the contemporaries it boldly mimics, but protagonist Sean Devlin’s quest for revenge and an alluring 1940s Paris make this a World War II memory worth making.
  2. As addictive as the perk goals are, it's the bread-and-butter sabotage that proves to be the real distraction.
  3. A compelling if uninventive experience. Working in concert, this game's tired, uninspired mechanics still manage to get the job done; the whole is definitely more than the sum of its parts.