7.1

1. PandymenL.
    Oct 23, 2006
    I have played the Ship since right after its release. It has always been a very good game. The gameplay and the thrill of the hunt is addictive. However, the one downside is the general lack of servers. It caused me to stop playing the game. As long as a decent-sized community continues to come to play, the game will remain as one of the best multiplayer experiences out there.
  2. D.K.
    Jul 23, 2006
    Great game but to get in to play takes way way to long.
  3. LeanderP.
    Aug 11, 2006
    Funny game, good concept, might need some work on the graphics and some more maps. I bought the game a few days after it was released. I had no problems with the game what so ever. Ofcourse there were some bugs but not so drastic that it affected the gameplay. So in the end: For a little bit of cash, a pretty funny and descent game.
  4. RyanB.
    Aug 12, 2006
    This is a very fun game. You can very easily waste an hour or 2 plaing it before you know what's up. While it is a bit clunky it's still fun.
  5. chuppa
    Aug 19, 2006
    this game is ok nothing special. It has far tom many bugs to make it fun. Not great but average. One big problem is there are never any more then 70 people playing it so not really great multiplayer too.
  6. JasonK.
    Sep 11, 2006
    Apart from the lag after every kill and the quite odd camera view, every aspect of this game is quite acceptable. The graphics are quite astonishing as well as the pure intesity of being hunted down while you hunting as well. I would definintly recomend buying this game if you are a Sims, and fps fan.
  7. SteveB.
    Sep 24, 2006
    Great game. Unique concept, and entirely fun. Only real downside is the slower pace and lack of servers.
  8. ZachC.
    Oct 17, 2007
    Its a fine game although it has its share of glitches it will get better and thats why i gave it a 8 instead of its deserved 10, but it was a interesting game which is hard to stop playing and if u do stop its because of the glitches, you for some reason become bored, or the spawners and the counterstrike players are running amok killing everything which is annoying unless an admin is on. Its a fine game although it has its share of glitches it will get better and thats why i gave it a 8 instead of its deserved 10, but it was a interesting game which is hard to stop playing and if u do stop its because of the glitches, you for some reason become bored, or the spawners and the counterstrike players are running amok killing everything which is annoying unless an admin is on. But even with the said issues its still an interesting new type of game play and I highlly recemmend it!!! Expand
  9. JHunter
    Feb 14, 2007
    Toggling between items in inventory and weapons was a little cumbersome. My mark would sometimes walk away from me while I was trying to figure out how to get my gun out of my pocket!
  10. DaveW.
    Aug 25, 2007
    You can't help but be amazed at that Outerlight have managed to pull off with The Ship. For such a small truley independant studio, they've crafted one of the most original multiplayer experiences to be had on the PC. This game proves that independant development is where the originality really is in the games industry. The only problem with this game stems from the lack of You can't help but be amazed at that Outerlight have managed to pull off with The Ship. For such a small truley independant studio, they've crafted one of the most original multiplayer experiences to be had on the PC. This game proves that independant development is where the originality really is in the games industry. The only problem with this game stems from the lack of players, but it is understandable. Hopefully Outerlight will be able to bring their next offering to a larger audience and refine the concept to perfection. Expand
  11. Jun 19, 2013
    This is a fantastic game, be sure to play it online as the AI are not the brightest, but its still playable offline. its a shame it didn't sell so well, I only recently discovered it and Loved it. the GFX look really good for its age, cheesy, but solid gameplay make this one of the best games I have ever played. There are plans for a squeal too, so watch out for that!
  12. Nov 15, 2012
    An enjoyable single player that introduces you to the gameplay and mechanics of the game against an average AI. The multi player is fantastic and plenty of fun however the game never really quite found the audience it deserved.
  13. Jul 1, 2013
    I still believe in this, and with further tweaks it could yet become a fine murder game. Buy the pack on steam and give it a try. If you haven't played this game yet, you're missing out greatly.
  14. Dec 7, 2013
    Great Game A wide variety on weapons many different maps to play in I would consider this revolutionary for First-Person-Shooters mainly because of the ideas and good detail. There are some bad things such as horrendous Artificial Intelligence that will get stuck in doors or get in your way. You should buy this great game it's not expensive it is only $20.00 on Steam and I wouldGreat Game A wide variety on weapons many different maps to play in I would consider this revolutionary for First-Person-Shooters mainly because of the ideas and good detail. There are some bad things such as horrendous Artificial Intelligence that will get stuck in doors or get in your way. You should buy this great game it's not expensive it is only $20.00 on Steam and I would happily give this game an 8 out of 10 Expand
  15. Jun 26, 2014
    Once you understand how everything works and get a feel for the game, it is a positive mixture of frustration and hilarity. Don't skip the tutorial or you'll wonder what the hell is going on.
  16. Jun 10, 2014
    This game is by fare one of my favorites, and for many a classic. It's somewhat dead now since so many new games have come out, but there's still a handful that play. The concept is simply awesome, no game has ever come close to this. The map is easy to follow and it's simple enough for a young adult to get into. It's a thrill that not many games give because you're constantly beingThis game is by fare one of my favorites, and for many a classic. It's somewhat dead now since so many new games have come out, but there's still a handful that play. The concept is simply awesome, no game has ever come close to this. The map is easy to follow and it's simple enough for a young adult to get into. It's a thrill that not many games give because you're constantly being stalked one or more people throughout your lifespan.

It's one of the games that you MUST play before it dies completely.
  17. Jul 19, 2014
    Jeu assez fun entre pote ou même tout seul . Le but est simple démonter tout les autres passager sur le bateaux et être le dernier survivant sur le bateau . Mais pas aussi simple quand on a des caméras et des garde dans les couloirs . De plus font trouver de quoi tuer quelqu'un ( poêle , couteau, armes a feu , rasoir , ...) . Mais vous devriez aussi penser a vos besoin : Manger , boire ,Jeu assez fun entre pote ou même tout seul . Le but est simple démonter tout les autres passager sur le bateaux et être le dernier survivant sur le bateau . Mais pas aussi simple quand on a des caméras et des garde dans les couloirs . De plus font trouver de quoi tuer quelqu'un ( poêle , couteau, armes a feu , rasoir , ...) . Mais vous devriez aussi penser a vos besoin : Manger , boire , se laver , dormir ) Bref.. si vous voulez vous amuser avec des potes , prenez le ! Expand

1. The Ship is a fresh and different slant on multiplayer death-matching; one not dependant on speed of reflexes and advanced techniques. It’s fun and innovative – something that some of the big name games dominating the charts seem to forget about every so often.
  2. While it may not be the refined, leisurely paced kill-'em-up many eager landlubbers might have signed up for, The Ship does quickly prove itself a subtly addictive, relentless nail biter that will only get better as those already aboard learn to rule the bloody waves. Notch this one up as another killer for Steam.
  3. The Ship's mixture of intrigue, subtlety, and cunning makes it the perfect recipe for gamers bored with same-old same-old multiplayer shooters, but it does tend to show its indie roots a little too clearly here and there.