The Ship PC

7.1

1. Nov 15, 2012
    An enjoyable single player that introduces you to the gameplay and mechanics of the game against an average AI. The multi player is fantastic and plenty of fun however the game never really quite found the audience it deserved.
  2. May 15, 2014
    A hunk of junk. The graphics are inexcusably bad. Terrible, they look like 1991. I saw better looking games on N64. The gameplay mechanics are also bad. This game made me wanna throw up it was so ugly.
  3. Jul 1, 2013
    I still believe in this, and with further tweaks it could yet become a fine murder game. Buy the pack on steam and give it a try. If you haven't played this game yet, you're missing out greatly.
  4. Jun 21, 2013
    This game is really something. The graphics looks great and I think the style works really well but the singleplayer has a fatal glitch which stops the game completely making the singleplayer a huge rip off,
    it almost feels like they didn't finish making it. The bits of singleplayer that actually work pretty much suck and it's just a really buggy/glitchy version of the multiplayer.
    The

The multiplayer is really fun but finding players is difficult, the AI are pretty stupid but they are kinda fun to play with. The game works really well if you get friends together to play it but I don't think the game is punishing enough as I found myself constantly getting away with murdering people in plain sight of others, this problem made every gamemode feel like TDM as everyone was just running around beating the crap out of there target. You can get caught by the guards and CCTV but the CCTV does not have a very good view of most areas and the guards only ever stand in one place, if you are seen with a weapon by CCTV or the guards you go to jail for a few minutes which can make the gameplay quite interesting if your target goes to jail.

Overall this game is great fun but if you don't have any friends willing to play it with you don't bother because the multiplayer is almost completely deserted.
  5. Mar 20, 2013
    A very original game, very fun and thrilling, but the ships are extremely confusing to navigate, that's the only thing holding my score back. Can't wait for the sequel!
  6. Dec 11, 2012
    Ranks in my worst 5 games of all time. The concept is good but in practice it just does not work. People do not "role play" and because of this they just run around all the time. It's just not fun.
  7. Jul 23, 2012
    This is a really cool game. I've only played two gamemodes, Hunt and Deathmatch. In Hunt, you are to find a weapon and kill your quarry before the time runs out. You must do so only when nobody else is looking. But you must be careful, because you yourself are also being hunted. You can't kill just anyone, doing so will result in a fine and possibly a kick from the server. Deathmatch isThis is a really cool game. I've only played two gamemodes, Hunt and Deathmatch. In Hunt, you are to find a weapon and kill your quarry before the time runs out. You must do so only when nobody else is looking. But you must be careful, because you yourself are also being hunted. You can't kill just anyone, doing so will result in a fine and possibly a kick from the server. Deathmatch is pretty explanatory, you just kill everyone you see. The graphics are pretty decent, too. It's really awesome.. what else do you expect from a Source game? It's worth the money. In fact, you get a second copy when you buy it, so give it to a friend!

Only reason I didn't give it the 10 it deserves is the players. Let's face it, a lot of them don't know how to play it. They just go off blasting everyone. There are some servers with decent players, so don't worry.
  8. Jul 19, 2014
    Jeu assez fun entre pote ou même tout seul . Le but est simple démonter tout les autres passager sur le bateaux et être le dernier survivant sur le bateau . Mais pas aussi simple quand on a des caméras et des garde dans les couloirs . De plus font trouver de quoi tuer quelqu'un ( poêle , couteau, armes a feu , rasoir , ...) . Mais vous devriez aussi penser a vos besoin : Manger , boire ,Jeu assez fun entre pote ou même tout seul . Le but est simple démonter tout les autres passager sur le bateaux et être le dernier survivant sur le bateau . Mais pas aussi simple quand on a des caméras et des garde dans les couloirs . De plus font trouver de quoi tuer quelqu'un ( poêle , couteau, armes a feu , rasoir , ...) . Mais vous devriez aussi penser a vos besoin : Manger , boire , se laver , dormir ) Bref.. si vous voulez vous amuser avec des potes , prenez le ! Expand
  9. Nov 15, 2012
    very good game amazing game play and lots of fun especially with friends.
    very good idea of hunt drags you into funny moments and exciting ones.
    the bad graphic shouldn't bother anyone.
  10. Jun 26, 2014
    Once you understand how everything works and get a feel for the game, it is a positive mixture of frustration and hilarity. Don't skip the tutorial or you'll wonder what the hell is going on.
  11. Oct 6, 2010
    To be completely honest, what a load of ship.
  12. Dec 7, 2013
    Great Game A wide variety on weapons many different maps to play in I would consider this revolutionary for First-Person-Shooters mainly because of the ideas and good detail. There are some bad things such as horrendous Artificial Intelligence that will get stuck in doors or get in your way. You should buy this great game it's not expensive it is only $20.00 on Steam and I wouldGreat Game A wide variety on weapons many different maps to play in I would consider this revolutionary for First-Person-Shooters mainly because of the ideas and good detail. There are some bad things such as horrendous Artificial Intelligence that will get stuck in doors or get in your way. You should buy this great game it's not expensive it is only $20.00 on Steam and I would happily give this game an 8 out of 10 Expand
  13. Jun 19, 2013
    This is a fantastic game, be sure to play it online as the AI are not the brightest, but its still playable offline. its a shame it didn't sell so well, I only recently discovered it and Loved it. the GFX look really good for its age, cheesy, but solid gameplay make this one of the best games I have ever played. There are plans for a squeal too, so watch out for that!
  14. SageMasterP.
    Oct 30, 2006
    This game can be completed in just over an hour in single player mode. The multi-player game if you can find anyone to play is not that exciting. The gameplay is limited and the novelty will wear off after a few goes. I had to wait over an hour before I could join another round which is not fun at all. I would not recommend this game.
  15. JamieAM
    Oct 5, 2006
    I won't give it a 1, but no more then a two, after half - an - hour you're wondering what happened to that 20 bucks... someone said a $20 demo... it really really is, would of been a great Single Player if we could get some story-line, someone screwed up, Yeah me for buying it...sad sad day, Sorry Steam try again!
  16. BorisG.
    Feb 9, 2007
    Very nice game, great gameplay who lets you becoming parano. I just think that the game is too heavy, and graphics are a bit poor.
  17. Danny
    Nov 1, 2006
    Generaly FPS don't tend to be orignal but The Ship is a breath of fresh salty sea air that a rather stale gender needs. It's not just mindless blasting of your foes, you really have to take you time and choose you moment in this kill or be killed stalk fest. A wonderfuly orignal concept that put's a lot of high budget efforts to shame, top stuff!
  18. GabrielH.
    Nov 1, 2006
    It's about time that someone stopped remaking everything we've already had and brought a new, intuitive, entertaining and addictive game to the table.
  19. TomF.
    Nov 7, 2006
    Great game, great concept, and the execution keeps getting better. Big thanks to a great and dedicated development team.
  20. ShirleyT.
    Oct 30, 2006
    Addicting and original. If you haven't played this game yet, you're missing out greatly.
  21. SimonTheFerret
    Oct 30, 2006
    This game is only for fans of the original game. I have never heard of it or like it. The game has sold fewer than 200 copies hence the lack of players for mult-player, yet itâ??s been out for months now via STEAM and over 4 weeks for retail. You can see why as its very bugged, and the gameplay is stale and there is nothing to do in the levels. Itâ??s so unhead of that it has This game is only for fans of the original game. I have never heard of it or like it. The game has sold fewer than 200 copies hence the lack of players for mult-player, yet itâ??s been out for months now via STEAM and over 4 weeks for retail. You can see why as its very bugged, and the gameplay is stale and there is nothing to do in the levels. Itâ??s so unhead of that it has no US publisher as yet and the original game developer is going bust. If youâ??re a fan boy then you can play with the other 10 ship fan boys that are on all the time, you wonâ??t get anymore players just them. This game is dead and deserves to be sunk to its watery grave. Expand
  22. Black_Knight
    Oct 30, 2006
    Terrible game, just get's worse every time you play it. After you get the hang of where to look for good weapons nobody is playing, it's one of the worst games out there.
  23. LukeS.
    Jul 30, 2006
    what an awsome game. so good. and the graphix r top notch. great. powerful. ill be playing this for at least the next 10 years of my life unless they make a sequel.
  24. EricG.
    Jul 30, 2006
    I love this game. Its a refreshing change from all other FPS games.
  25. ConspiracyTheorist
    Aug 10, 2006
  26. AcecoolM.
    Aug 2, 2006
    Awesome game, great gameplay - The vote from 1UP was completely unfair and untrue.
  27. OrnellaMuti
    Aug 5, 2006
    An already dated game that I simply did not enjoy playing. I found the shallow gameplay came across as far too simplistic for my tastes. At least this was a budget purchase through 'Steam' and not what I would consider to be full price. I guess you really do get what you pay for.
  28. BrianH.
    Aug 5, 2006
    Ehh.... game is ok was fun for a couple days but altogether i think HL2 need some newer and more different mods.
  29. ZOMBIEREPELLENT
    Aug 5, 2006
    The best freakin game I've ever played!!!
  30. ReidP.
    Aug 6, 2006
    Great game, it's taking up my life!
  31. KM
    Aug 7, 2006
    Very fun game, love it, good work all in all.
  32. DavidArnold
    Aug 8, 2006
    Having played the original HL1 version I was really keen to get this. The main concern is that whilst it boasts lots of good ideas, they don
  33. SkyM
    Aug 8, 2006
    Just like its predecessor, in Team Fortress 2 players will be able to choose to play as one of several archetypal classes at the start of a match, each with its own unique strengths and weaknesses. While it is unknown if the abilities of each class will be similar to the original Team Fortress, all indications so far are that the basic elements will remain the same: Heavy WeaponsJust like its predecessor, in Team Fortress 2 players will be able to choose to play as one of several archetypal classes at the start of a match, each with its own unique strengths and weaknesses. While it is unknown if the abilities of each class will be similar to the original Team Fortress, all indications so far are that the basic elements will remain the same: Heavy Weapons characters will have huge guns with incredible firepower but will have a slow walking speed, scouts will be able to move very quickly, but are lightly armoured, and so on. While it is unclear at this time what sort of gametypes will be included upon release, capture the flag and control point matches are likely to return.

Oh man I want this game so bad... Why did I buy The Ship, makes valve look bad.
  34. SimonE.
    Aug 9, 2006
    After reading all the great reviews, I was let down by this game. Great idea and game concept... ingenious... however, I really am finding it hard to get into. Rounds are faster than I thought they would be, so exploring is difficult. The graphics are quite outdated looking. I've seen player and NPC characters walking on their sides so there are bugs in there which I wouldn't After reading all the great reviews, I was let down by this game. Great idea and game concept... ingenious... however, I really am finding it hard to get into. Rounds are faster than I thought they would be, so exploring is difficult. The graphics are quite outdated looking. I've seen player and NPC characters walking on their sides so there are bugs in there which I wouldn't expect to see in a purchased game. However, I'll keep with it and see if it gets better with time. Some games do, eh? Expand
  35. MasonE.
    Sep 2, 2006
    I was excited when I head that this game was about to be released. Yet, I was dissapointed. The release of the game had MANY bugs and problems. Exploits were easily found and for a while, the game was at a slow pace. The number of servers on the game are not as great as the rest of Steam's FPS's, showing how popular this game really is with the general gamer. On the positive I was excited when I head that this game was about to be released. Yet, I was dissapointed. The release of the game had MANY bugs and problems. Exploits were easily found and for a while, the game was at a slow pace. The number of servers on the game are not as great as the rest of Steam's FPS's, showing how popular this game really is with the general gamer. On the positive side, the game is truly unique game, finally on the Source engine. Though you do not have the freedom provided on the rest of the Source games, making just another game with better graphics and sounds. It's still a fun game and if you love the mod available on the original Half-Life GoldSource engine, this is a must buy. Expand
  36. AntonW.
    Oct 9, 2007
    It migth take some time to get into this game,but when you get used to the rulest and such,this game's simply one of the best ever.It's a very original idea (atleast in my oppinion) and it's a welcome break from the "Kill everything that moves" games.It migth not have great graphics,but the low price and the awesome gameplay truly makes this a game that everyone should try!
  37. AmyW.
    Jun 26, 2007
    I love this game. Keeps me intertained for hours.
  38. JonasH.
    Sep 8, 2007
    This game is rediculous, stupid and with no sense whatsoever - So how can you anything but love it? It's highly addictive and it has hours worth of online gameplay. However, a lot of bugs freezing the game, kind of ruins the experience. It sucks when your 500$ from winning the game, and suddenly: BSOD! But I rate by gameplay experience and not bugs!
  39. Tyler
    Nov 18, 2006
    This is simply not getting all the reviews it deserves. They just came out with a patch which added so many cool mew features, but even without the new patch I would have given this a 10. The most original FPS ever, with HUGE potential. Very underrated, but hopefully soon the player numbers will rise with this being released in more countries soon.
  40. StephenC.
    Nov 3, 2006
    Not the best game out there today but very good for its 1st time - the cartoon graphics give it a good game to play if your into the adventurous type of gaming like "world of warcraft" did. can i just say to the others who rated this badly i can say most of you said there werent enough people online - surely everyone doesnt comment on this and the people who have altogether theres more Not the best game out there today but very good for its 1st time - the cartoon graphics give it a good game to play if your into the adventurous type of gaming like "world of warcraft" did. can i just say to the others who rated this badly i can say most of you said there werent enough people online - surely everyone doesnt comment on this and the people who have altogether theres more than 20 of you so thats good enough like a counterstrike server - I think most of you followed the others so rumour led to rumour. stop following other people and speak the truth as the game makers are reading these comments and dont take likely to liers. But enough of that, truly great game i recommend it for htman style and sims style players if you enjoy the thrill and hunt and virtual world of your own character like world of warcraft in graphics and adventure but without the eating drinking and sleeping to keep yourself alive - this is what makes the game realistic which is good for a game - different from counterstrike as not everything in that is realistic like you dont have breath like Battlefields 2 so you can keep running forever. the ship is a great game well worth its money, go buy it now and join the sensation Expand
  41. AshleyW.
    Nov 3, 2006
    Graphics not very good. Game play ok but objective is to assassinate the person you are assigned to. Other players can kill whomever they want and do so. Makes objectives useless.
  42. VincentV.
    Nov 5, 2006
    The game shows fun in certain ways but lacks a lot of dynamics and difficulties that make it easy to perform your actions... Guards are always on the same places (they don't perform survaillances around the ship) in fact most of the ship's crew is always on the same spot and not wandering around. The ship lacks dynamic objects that can be used as weapons (things that can be The game shows fun in certain ways but lacks a lot of dynamics and difficulties that make it easy to perform your actions... Guards are always on the same places (they don't perform survaillances around the ship) in fact most of the ship's crew is always on the same spot and not wandering around. The ship lacks dynamic objects that can be used as weapons (things that can be pulled off or picked up without specifically having to open a drawer or cupboard). Certain aspects make the game a little bit more fun (like using the bomb wallet to make it explode in someone's face) or drug someone with injections, a lot more of this kind of features would make the game interesting to play. All with all, you get bored after one hour of playing with the current setup of the game, even the different role-modes of the game get bored pretty quickly. Expand
  43. WillS.
    Nov 8, 2006
    Love this game, totally original and thoughtfully made. Don't be discouraged by the low numbers, well worth the $20!
  44. EricC
    Oct 26, 2006
    Wow. Some people are making comments that just doesn't make sense. Let's take Seti Alpha 6, for example. He said it was missing any form of gameplay whatsoever....hmm...in the game you are assigned a certain person to kill with not too many witnesses or securtiy watching. You should use different weapons that are worth higher money because moeny is what can make you or break you.Wow. Some people are making comments that just doesn't make sense. Let's take Seti Alpha 6, for example. He said it was missing any form of gameplay whatsoever....hmm...in the game you are assigned a certain person to kill with not too many witnesses or securtiy watching. You should use different weapons that are worth higher money because moeny is what can make you or break you. All the while you have to watch your basic needs (eating, drinking, sleeping, etc) and watching out for someone else who's hunting you. Let's compare that to pretty much every other FPS out there: run around, kill people, occasionally complete an objective. I don't understand how Seti Alpha could say such a thing. Another thing he mentioned was bad graphics, I know they weren't amazing, but they're most definately not "boxes with ugly textures and lighting". The maps have very good detail, and besides, graphics aren't everything. Another person, Major Tom, gave it a low score mostly because of how litle people play it, and how short the story mode was. First of all, story mode was a simple add-on. This game is a multiplayer game, and you really shouldn't get it for story mode. As for the small smount of players...well... if people like Seti Alpha 6 (and many others) could write an honest review, because the bad ones will stop people from buying it. Besides, the amount of players is slowly rising, and many of the existing players are advertising it a lot. I understand why he was mad, since he didn't really know about the story mode being a small add on, but a score of 1 is pretty harsh. Please, buy this game, if you want unique gameplay, different from all the other games out there. Don't listen to poor reviews such as the one from Alpha, since he clearly has either only played the game for a couple minutes, or hates the developers for some reason. That is all. Expand
  45. ChronoG.
    Oct 31, 2006
    This is a great game. It masterfully blends existing concepts into a unique game. The game quickly becomes addicting through the thrill of hunting down your quarry. The graphics intentionally have a cartoon like feel to complement the light-hearted atmosphere of its murderess intent. As for the bugs, most of them have already been addressed.
  46. RobertS.
    Oct 31, 2006
    A truly uninspiring game experience. The lack of players makes this a non even in multiplayer. I was kicked from a server and had to wait 1 hour before I could get back in. Go spend your dosh on something that is better then this.
  47. MichaelClarkson
    Oct 31, 2006
    Just the best game ever. The maps, the community, the gameplay, everything. (It sdid have some bugs in the start, that kinda ruined the gameplay. But that was sorted quickly.)

Just a lovable, fully addictive game. :)

BE SURE TO PICK IT UP ONCE IT COMES TO A STORE NEAR YOU! :D
  48. PaulL
    Oct 30, 2006
    Appearently there are people here who must have a gridge against the developers for some reason because the things they are saying are mostly untrue. Let's take Seti Alpha 6. He says the game is missing any form of gameplay whatsoever. Let's compare The Ship's gameplay to most other FPS's. You are assigned someone else to kill on the map with no security watching, andAppearently there are people here who must have a gridge against the developers for some reason because the things they are saying are mostly untrue. Let's take Seti Alpha 6. He says the game is missing any form of gameplay whatsoever. Let's compare The Ship's gameplay to most other FPS's. You are assigned someone else to kill on the map with no security watching, and with not too many witnesses or you will go to jail. You must take care of your needs (eating, sleeping, etc...) or you will suffer the consequence which is usually death. You have to find all the weapons from the beginning, and some weapons are worth more money to kill with than others. When you will with a weapon, it's MFK (money for kill) will go down, whereas if you don't use a weapon very much, it will have higher MFK. That isn't it all, but that's basically the jist of it. Let's compare it to other FPS's such as Halo or Counter-Strike: Kill everyone that isn't on your team, get the most powerful weapon, complete and objective occasionally such as rescuing hostages or capturing the flag. Wow, Seti Alpha 6 must really really hate the developers, or only played the game for two minutes to say something like that. I will admitt that the graphics aren't amazing, but they are certainly not boxes with ugly textures and lighting. Appearently this guy has an axe to grind, so just don't listen to his review. Another person complained about the story mode being too short and not enough people playing, but first of all, it was only intended to be multiplayer....singleplayer is only an add-on. It's not supposed to be long. As for there not being enough people, well it's about to be released in many more countries on retail within the next couple months, so that should help, plus the developers are soon going to start advertising it in some way. It would also help if people like Seti Alpha 6, and many many others, would just not make reviews if they can't make honest ones. I'd normally give this an 8 or 9, but I'm gonna try to boost this game's score a little bit. Expand
  49. jg
    Oct 30, 2006
    For purchase price, it's a great game. Different from anything out on the market -- but it isn't the sort of thing twitcher will like. I can't sit and play for 8 hours straight, but if there are folks on the servers, it is always good for a 2 hour session.
  50. DrakeM.
    Oct 30, 2006
    I was hoping this game would be really good as I saw a review of it on the games forum. I am shocked that a game could be so over priced for what it has to offer. I installed it and had to wait 2 hours for an update, then I completed single player story in 2 hours although I had to restart some of the levels due to bugs stopping my progression? Too many bugs and glitches make this game I was hoping this game would be really good as I saw a review of it on the games forum. I am shocked that a game could be so over priced for what it has to offer. I installed it and had to wait 2 hours for an update, then I completed single player story in 2 hours although I had to restart some of the levels due to bugs stopping my progression? Too many bugs and glitches make this game look unfinished. Check out the games forum first to see what so many people are complaining about, this game has over 25 fatal crash bugs! I am taking this game back, the company that made it are not good and they need to get some better designers for their games, in fact they should just go to the shops are by some games that are in the charts just to see what makes a good game. Expand
  51. JackT.
    Oct 30, 2006
    One of the most boring multiplayer games on the market today! Nobody is playing it.
  52. RPMK-ZONE
    Oct 30, 2006
    Very average game indeed. Poor graphics, poor gameplay. Multi-player has only a few people playing I mean under 15 players!
  53. LoveC.
    Oct 30, 2006
    The only thing I can compare this game is to paint drying. I spent $20 on this crappy game which nobody is playing online. The single player can be completed in 2 hours or less.
  54. Whiteknight
    Oct 4, 2006
    Great game for a break from Counterstrike.
  55. AlekA.
    Oct 6, 2006
    Excellent! Just excellent! Too much fun in great price!
  56. TomS.
    Jul 21, 2006
    A Brilliant and innovative new style of gameplay, and was risky for a new company to invest in.They pulled it off very well and I find the game extremely addictive - it gets better the more you play it!
  57. MattK.
    Jul 21, 2006
    The Ship's gameplay concept is new and refreshing compared to many other games on the market. With a bunch of friends, or a bunch of strangers, when played proper as with any game there are multitudes of hours of enjoyment. Loved it pre-source, love it even more post-source.
  58. rek075
    Jul 21, 2006
    The concept of a murder mystery coupled with a first person game engine is brought with the game 'The Ship'. While not everyone's cup of tea, those who are looking for something other than standard deathmatch or capture the flag gameplay may come to really enjoy this game. The price is definately worth the enjoyment I have gotten out of it.
  59. NeilB.
    Jul 27, 2006
    Great game. Great concept and design.
  60. ZacharyI.
    Jul 29, 2006
    simply stunning and entertaining,i mean what other game lets you set your friend on fire with a flare gun,or lock em in a ffreeze or sauna and watch them slowly die?nothing beats how many ways you can kill people,did i mention killing your friend while their taking a poop? lol
  61. AdamW.
    Jul 31, 2006
    A Unique Multiplayer Psychological Thriller From the quickly paced hunt mode to the slower paced stalking of elimination mode, the ship provides some rather interesting gameplay. Far removed from the typical chaos of the first person shooter genre, this game takes a risky but rewarding approach to gameplay. You are hunting your quarry throughout several luxury cruise liners, payed by the A Unique Multiplayer Psychological Thriller From the quickly paced hunt mode to the slower paced stalking of elimination mode, the ship provides some rather interesting gameplay. Far removed from the typical chaos of the first person shooter genre, this game takes a risky but rewarding approach to gameplay. You are hunting your quarry throughout several luxury cruise liners, payed by the mysterious Mr. X to kill with the most entertaining and valuable weapons of the moment. Careful play and smart planning can help you win the day. If you get sloppy however, you may find yourself the victim of your hunter, or even your quarry. The hunter quarry system brings an interesting psychological aspect to the game. You must stalk your quarry without their knowing. Likewise, you must be aware of suspicious behavior as your hunter stalks you. Although you are not given the name or any information about your hunter, small clues in their behavior can help you identify them and save your life. Players stopping dead in their tracks when they talk to you, stalking you for several minutes while standing a few feet behind, tracing you to dead ends, etc. All of these are almost sure signs that this person intends to kill you. If you are quick and smart, you can turn the tables on them, sending them back to a cabin room without their chosen murder weapons, buying you some time to hunt your own quarry. Conversely, you must be careful not to give yourself away. Reading a book, sipping a soda, or just simply walking into another room can keep your quarry from being suspicious and earn you a kill. Catching them when they must meet a particular need can earn you quick and easy cash with the appropriate weapon. The needs system is also particularly interesting. Discouraging people from camping in safe areas, needs must be satisfied to avoid unpleasant consequences. From the need to eat and drink, to the need for conversation with other people, all make you temporarily vulnerable. The key lies in knowing when and where to satisfy these needs or you might find yourself dead but with very clean hands. Overall, the ship is an entertaining game. The scenarios in the game and the variety of weapons give a rather entertaining comedic effect to the whole game. Seeing someone chased down the hall is a hilarious experience as is opening a door to be pushed aside by someone quickly escaping their hunter. FOr the price of $20, I would highly recommend this game. Expand
  62. AndrewPowell
    Aug 11, 2006
    Excellent game, though the poor method of finding game types and the fair number of idiot kill-everyone players on the servers keeps me from rating it a perfect 10.
  63. StephenA.
    Aug 14, 2006
    This game has some good game play but not a lot its boring to play i wasted 19$ just for that? what a rip off.
    Aug 10, 2006
    Great game with good potential for the future (with more traps, objects, fun situation, etc...) NEEDS MORE ADVERTISING to bring more players!
  65. WillM.
    Aug 14, 2006
    Overall, great grahpics, great music, great concept, and tons of fun. Although the game does lose its "newness" quickly and playing the same 7 or so maps becomes repetitive. But it still is well worth 20 dollars.
  66. Firewalker
    Aug 15, 2006
    This MOD is not very good. It has goofy animation and clumsy animations that look silly. The needs system is confusing and very bland. The levels are boring and the few severs that are around have people just walking about not really knowing what to do. Overall a waste of money.
  67. OliverA.
    Aug 15, 2006
    Let this be a lesson learnt that you cant trust the quality of games released via download. The developer has never published a game before and I can see why. This is one of the worst games I have ever played or owned. I will be deleting it as its not worth the HD space it takes up. WARNING to other buyers, read the reviews and check out the forums on the game website. You will notice the Let this be a lesson learnt that you cant trust the quality of games released via download. The developer has never published a game before and I can see why. This is one of the worst games I have ever played or owned. I will be deleting it as its not worth the HD space it takes up. WARNING to other buyers, read the reviews and check out the forums on the game website. You will notice the amount of problems with this game. Expand
  68. MartinF.
    Aug 1, 2006
    Awesome fun game. Detracts from the traditional mantra that more players is better, and you get a real feeling of camaraderie on every server you get; I've found the inherently slow, thoughtful nature of this game attracts a more intelligent audience in general, which makes for some awesome games. Although it has various bugs and problems at the moment, they will surely be ironed out Awesome fun game. Detracts from the traditional mantra that more players is better, and you get a real feeling of camaraderie on every server you get; I've found the inherently slow, thoughtful nature of this game attracts a more intelligent audience in general, which makes for some awesome games. Although it has various bugs and problems at the moment, they will surely be ironed out post-release via steam, and several have already been directly addressed, so I have confidence in the team. Wonderful. Expand
  69. AnonymousMC
    Aug 17, 2006
    these people do not liek th egame because of its subtle bugs and problems. It is a great game, and it deserves a better rating because outer life will fix these problems . i have been talking to a guy from the ship forums and hes from outerlife. he says, the single player game is being worked on, so in a little while that will be out, and te bugs will be fixed.
  70. MarkV.
    Aug 20, 2006
    I love this game, especially its art deco. Loved the mod too all I can say are good things about this game. Although there are some bugs they will be fixed.
  71. DenizL.
    Aug 20, 2006
    This game should first of all get an 7.5 or 8. My opinion is that its a creative game with alot of depth to it. The gameplay is simple. Of course, some like it and some might not. There are many varities which lead to different results in killing. It may be look like a childish game, but it has more fun in it than you think.
  72. Sr.Dela
    Aug 20, 2006
    This game is the freshest breath of air you'll get in our fps poluted air. I can't remember the last time I played a game this new and entertaining. If you're the typical hardcore CS:S style fps or the 'shoot anything that moves' type, this game may not be fore you. Why? Because it is, in fact, alot slower paced, seeing as you only kill one person who's name This game is the freshest breath of air you'll get in our fps poluted air. I can't remember the last time I played a game this new and entertaining. If you're the typical hardcore CS:S style fps or the 'shoot anything that moves' type, this game may not be fore you. Why? Because it is, in fact, alot slower paced, seeing as you only kill one person who's name is given to you. But, believe you me, you'll find your adrenaline pumping as you reach for your katana as you finally find your Quarry (prey) in a secluded area, then realizing your very own hunter is pulling out his axe right next to you ready to chop you away. This is a game about strategy as well as... well, in lack of a better term - quickness. The only reason I do not give this a perfect score is due to the fact that, yes, it has its bugs. For this alone I'd give it an 8 but the bugs are so trivial (and are currently being fixed) that it barely makes any difference to the game. This game is both funny, fun, and at times fast, and with the right group of people (which is mostly what you're gonna get. Don't worry, no "1337 h4xors" claiming they "pwn you" and calling you "n00b" everywhere. This currently is my personal favorite game and will become more so when the new patch comes out fixing all the bugs. Well, most, at least. And, sure, it used to be a free HL1 mod, but so was CS:S. And LIKE CS:S it's popularity and quality grew so great that it's now a standalone in the very beautiful Source engine. Which, IMO, they couldn't have picked a better engine, and you'll agree when you take a second from killing and look out at the beautiful water surrounding the Ships. So for only $20 it's a sure winner. But don't take my word for it. Try it out yourself. Expand
  73. DaffyG.
    Aug 28, 2006
    this game rules. its original, fun, and has a tone of replay value.
  74. ShaneS.
    Aug 3, 2006
    This game is amazing. I just got it tonight and have been busily exploring its many captivating nitches and corners. Just playing along with other people is great enough to get my attention, but the way this game plays, with such amazing things as shooting flare's at other players and hitting them with mannequin arm's, what game beats that? You could argue that other games have This game is amazing. I just got it tonight and have been busily exploring its many captivating nitches and corners. Just playing along with other people is great enough to get my attention, but the way this game plays, with such amazing things as shooting flare's at other players and hitting them with mannequin arm's, what game beats that? You could argue that other games have better graphics, but the word "better" is relative to each game's achieved world. I'd say the cartoony game is about as realistic as Tom and Jerry, as comical as Dane Cook, and plays like a James Bond game, stealth and mingling. Overall, great game. I love it! Expand
  75. SkyP.
    Aug 5, 2006
    Very original and fun. Maybe not for everyone if they crave hectic and fast paced action but if you are into psychology, or into suspenseful games, this is for you. I can see it getting old, but that could be easily solved if there are occasional updates with new content.
  76. AlexS.
    Aug 5, 2006
    A wicked game! Sound gameplay and graphics makes this a very addictive and comical murder game. Online mode is great too. 10/10 'Amazing'
  77. L.S.
    Aug 5, 2006
    Nice idea, well done. Maybe a little slow, but it's a lot of fun
  78. TeamHunterKiller
    Aug 8, 2006
    Team Fortress 2 will be a better game as this is not as good. The graphics are ok, a bit too dark but this is on purpose as it is vey basic. Trying to get the bigger maps to work but it is impossible to get working. The maps are very same in design and too many toilets instead of rooms with weapons.
  79. DavidB.
    Aug 8, 2006
    This is funny game, cheap and cheerfull. could do with some better looking levels. i think the characters are nice until the walk kinda like they are doing a toilet whilst walking.
  80. Dumbo'scircus
    Aug 8, 2006
    Really slow walking speed, unimpressive graphics and sound. Needs more polish.
  81. DavidL.
    Aug 9, 2006
    Firstly I would like to write a fair review of the game which has not been written by The Ships moderators but a customer. I first got this game when it was released, after the install it was ready to go. To my surprise it did not work, it made it past the title screen then bombed out to windows. I ran it on my new dell computer which was bought last month and was the best spec PC dell Firstly I would like to write a fair review of the game which has not been written by The Ships moderators but a customer. I first got this game when it was released, after the install it was ready to go. To my surprise it did not work, it made it past the title screen then bombed out to windows. I ran it on my new dell computer which was bought last month and was the best spec PC dell recommended on their web site, never had a problem running games. To my shock I posted a question on The Ship online forums with my question to why it was crashing. To my horror other people that did manage to get the game to run had many issues with the game and these were not just performance issues. Rather then help or post a good suggestion they just wrote of my PC along with other peoples, saying the game did not work due to minimum spec or that we did not install it correct. Well I am furious, they released a patch a couple of days later and behold it worked, but only just. This game is unplayable due to the amount of bugs, people falling through the levels, doors getting stuck trapping the player, the list is endless. There is no ready help available and the moderators are to put it politely they were very rude. It also turns out that these moderators were also the Beta Testers, do you see the connection now? This game has been released untested, it is shocking how they can get away with this, If I had bought it from a shop I would have returned it and got my money back. I just want to warn people before they shell out for this, because they will think thatâ??s ok its cheap but beleave me there are levels of cheap and this is the bottom of the barrel. Gamplay â?? 2/10 Frustrating and unplayable Graphics â?? 3/10 Very jerky and not such a treat when it moves Sound 5/10 Iâ??ve heard better tunes from cats being neutered Long-term Factor 4/10 You will play this for a while then get bored Overall, a waste of money if you can get it to work! Expand
  82. GeorgeB.
    Aug 9, 2006
    Neat concept, good graphics, mild bugs here and there which should be fixed shortly ( I hope). It's fun, thats the whole point, I've been playing it for hours.
  83. ConspiracyTheorist
    Sep 13, 2006
  84. BobJ.
    Sep 26, 2006
    I love this game!
  85. AmandaB.
    Sep 30, 2006
    Amazing game, just get's better every time you play it. After you get the hang of where to look for good weapons, it's one of the best games out there.
  86. AnthonyM.
    Jan 12, 2007
    A Highly original game. One of the most unique concepts around to date.
  87. PeterG.
    Jan 22, 2007
    This game didn't work out. After playing a few times it becomes completely stupid; it's too simple, too boring and has barely any challenge. Nice try anyways.
  88. ConspiracyTheorist
    Feb 1, 2007
  89. Dan
    Feb 3, 2007
    A great game, especially for the price, I just wish they added more ships/maps.
  90. QuintP.
    Apr 7, 2007
    This Game Is Fantastic Cool, nice Graphics and cool weapons.
  91. Bryan
    Jun 1, 2007
    Takes a little getting used to, But when you get a hang of it its extremely fun.
  92. AdamD.
    Jun 19, 2007
    This is the worst game ever I hated everything! its so stupid! I had to feed myself! What the heck?? Ok thats just stupid Why... WHY but then! I got addicted! And I played for hours... but I hated it, but it was addicting. But all you do is feed yourself. 95% of the game is fulfilling your needs. 5% is doing the 'hunt' which is just lame (I hate it!) But I liked the mystery This is the worst game ever I hated everything! its so stupid! I had to feed myself! What the heck?? Ok thats just stupid Why... WHY but then! I got addicted! And I played for hours... but I hated it, but it was addicting. But all you do is feed yourself. 95% of the game is fulfilling your needs. 5% is doing the 'hunt' which is just lame (I hate it!) But I liked the mystery kinda so it was a great game! I love it! Expand
  93. GeorgeD.
    Jul 30, 2007
    Entertaining but grows boring quickly, gameplay too slow to be gripping.
  94. AndyK.
    Jul 6, 2007
    I think this game is very good but i will have to give it a 1- point for graphics..... Hope the graphics improve on The Ship 2.
  95. EmmanuelV.
    Aug 2, 2007
    The most annoying game I've ever played.
  96. VegarL.
    Aug 4, 2007
    I love this game, took a little time to get used to it, but when you first get used to it, then it's addicting! I love hunting, and the teamplay modes are great!
  97. Warp
    Sep 1, 2007
    In the advertising it mentions online play as a possibility...it also clearly speaks of single player mode. I was ambushed by the idea that this game can not be played, or even loaded, without connecting to the internet and getting an account. Indeed it appears the game is not even on the disk, as I write, I am suffering thru a download that is taking in excess of an hour. Game companies In the advertising it mentions online play as a possibility...it also clearly speaks of single player mode. I was ambushed by the idea that this game can not be played, or even loaded, without connecting to the internet and getting an account. Indeed it appears the game is not even on the disk, as I write, I am suffering thru a download that is taking in excess of an hour. Game companies do not last long, and so when this company decides to move on to something else, it appears I will have no way to play the game anymore. I've shown the box to others,. and no one who read the box got the idea of the experience that followed.. Indeed, if it did state how the set up process works, few would buy it. The game has an awesome concept, and the game itself is probably good, but the way they have chosen to do business leaves more than a little to be desired. If this game is a download, why oh why did I have to buy a disk in store? Why not sell it exclusively online? I should point out that I do play mmorpg's. Neither of the two I play take over an hour to get started. This is a particularly burdensome system. Expand
  98. TimB.
    Oct 27, 2008
    I feel this game was not worth even the $4.99 I just forked out for it. It is a very interesting concept, though - its a kind of "Battle Royale" take with a further twist: it's on a lost ship, between money-hungry passengers, and stealth must be used rather than force to win the day. Immediately, this idea appealed to me. Unfortunately, the gameplay and graphics did not. Immediately I feel this game was not worth even the $4.99 I just forked out for it. It is a very interesting concept, though - its a kind of "Battle Royale" take with a further twist: it's on a lost ship, between money-hungry passengers, and stealth must be used rather than force to win the day. Immediately, this idea appealed to me. Unfortunately, the gameplay and graphics did not. Immediately upon opening the game, we are thrust into an amateurishly introduced storyline, followed by an unceremonious plunge straight into the action. After being told by the owner of the ship that we are supposed to kill each other, we now discover (the hard way) that even brandishing something so deadly as a spanner, or indeed knitting needles, in public view is enough to get us locked up in the ship's handy prison cell (which, incidentally, is more comfortable than your room). After finally getting to grips with this and beginning the story, the very first thing we must do is club to death a sleeping woman - our "quarry", who happens to be right outside our room - before talking to a porter boy called "Jimmy". After completing this small, menial task, one may as well stop playing: you have now experienced the full extent of the game. A further note to make about gameplay would be the appalling AI, and damage statistics. Hitting a poor, helpless and defenceless woman from behind with the business end of a large axe doesn't leave a mark, and afterwards, so long as you're not seen holding the axe, she'll conveniently forget about it and walk around as normal. Clubbing a bank-manager with a frying pan, forcing him to let you into the bank vault, and then leaving him to contemplate his attack has no consequence. Weapon damage is calculated by a 5-star rating system, wherein a magnum revolver or a large axe rate 4 stars and a kukuri knife 5. And weapons themselves can be procured anywhere. Just check the male toilets; in the locker you'll find anything from a paddle to a fully automatic Tommy-gun or even a katana. And then, to top it all off, an element of "The Sims" is added. Now, "The Sims", in my opinion, is a good concept ruined only by the annoying chores one must constantly carry out to look after each of their characters, such as taking them to the bathroom, feeding them, washing them, telling them to sleep and socialise, etc. The idea of building a custom family, then a house for them, and then watching them prosper is actually quite appealing. Unfortunately, the element that "The Ship" uses is, you guessed it, the chores. And in "The Ship", they are even more twisted and outlandish, with even more far-fetched consequences. For example, washing your hands will immediately satisfy your need to wash, regardless of how great this need was. Clicking on your target repeatedly just before you kill them will satisfy your need to socialise without actually alerting the target to your presence. And, let us not forget the consequences of neglecting out characters! Not washed your hands in half an hour? Oh no, you've suddenly dropped dead, having been claimed by a "nasty disease"... The graphics are also quite poor. The Source engine has been butchered: standing on the ship's deck and looking out to sea makes one think that they may well be drifting through deep space, or a hellish purple sea on some alien planet. Animation is sometimes quite clumsy, though the player models have been designed well and in a style that fits with the game. I will say that the ship's layout itself is quite authentic, and satisfies. The multiplayer, I have had little experience of and so cannot really comment. But from the half an hour or so I spent playing, I found little playability in any of the 20 or so servers for me to choose from. To avoid your hunter, all you must do is stand in plain view of a camera or guard and hey-presto, you've survived the round. Basically a sped-up deathmatch-esque version of the single-player story mode. So, basically, an appalling game, in all. I cannot understand how so many professional reviewers and members of the public alike can possibly give this title any more than 3/10. The concept behind it had such potential, and it's a real shame that nothing came of it. It is the range of available weapons and outfits, as well as the interesting concept and half-an-hour or so of authentic gameplay that prompted the frankly generous 2/10 I've decided to give "The Ship". Expand
  99. BrianR.
    May 4, 2008
    i would say that multi-player is where all of the fun is, because single player is way to short, i beat it in about and hour and a half, and thats with a little exploring. so if your going to get this game get the multiplayer version instead of the single player version.
  100. RebeccaK
    Dec 4, 2009
    Very unique, and exciting at first, however it does get boring quickly.

1. The Ship is a fresh and different slant on multiplayer death-matching; one not dependant on speed of reflexes and advanced techniques. It’s fun and innovative – something that some of the big name games dominating the charts seem to forget about every so often.
  2. While it may not be the refined, leisurely paced kill-'em-up many eager landlubbers might have signed up for, The Ship does quickly prove itself a subtly addictive, relentless nail biter that will only get better as those already aboard learn to rule the bloody waves. Notch this one up as another killer for Steam.
    The Ship's mixture of intrigue, subtlety, and cunning makes it the perfect recipe for gamers bored with same-old same-old multiplayer shooters, but it does tend to show its indie roots a little too clearly here and there.