8.8

1. PurplePots
    Oct 19, 2004
    The people who created this game are simply brilliant. WOW.
  2. SaraiW.
    Dec 4, 2005
    10! I Love This Game!
  3. Nov 26, 2011
    I LOVE "THE SIMS 2" AND ALL EXPASION PACKS!!! THE GAME IS JUST A MASTERPIECE!!! 10/10
  4. Aug 9, 2011
    Amazing , This game is one of THE BEST P.C Games out. Far more enjoyable then Sims 3. Its simple to play and the options are endless ! Im glad with how fast the sims grow up , if it was any longer ide be forwarding . I actually wished the 'teen' stage was shorter . But eh , What the hell :)
  5. ShonaR.
    Oct 20, 2005
    It is a great game, i love it and would of given it a 10 if it had pets, i hope they enclude pets in the next expansion pack then i will be sure to give it a ten.
  6. BrianT.
    Oct 2, 2004
    Good.
  7. NikitaS.
    Sep 20, 2004
    I just got this game and its a bit confusing but even the first sims was at first. The graphics are awsome and there are SO many more options.
  8. BethR
    Sep 23, 2007
    This is one of the best games i have played i ordered it on the release date and loved it since.
  9. Pierre-LucT.
    Oct 2, 2004
    Incredible game! Maxis and EA have done it again. The first Sims was an overwhelming sucess, but the Sims2 has hit the mark. The only thing that could have made it better by my thought would be weather. Beyond that thought though, I love this game greatly. The amount of things availible to you in all categories is amazing. I don't think it really is possible for two people to have Incredible game! Maxis and EA have done it again. The first Sims was an overwhelming sucess, but the Sims2 has hit the mark. The only thing that could have made it better by my thought would be weather. Beyond that thought though, I love this game greatly. The amount of things availible to you in all categories is amazing. I don't think it really is possible for two people to have EXACTLY the same sim anymore. The new build tool ideas were really neat. Overall, I gave this game an 9, since it took me a while to find a few objects in the game. Expand
  10. RoseL.
    Sep 20, 2004
    I have never been so excited about anything in all of my life!!!
  11. CailanJ.
    Sep 20, 2004
    This game is the perfect game to a coparasent to real life in other words it is much like reality that is what makes this game so cool!!!!!
  12. Neil"Frog"W.
    Jan 20, 2005
    Addictive. maxis have kicked a goal by giving the sims aspirations, and all u wanna do is keep building the aspiration meter. still room for improvement. can't wait for the expansion pack. i like the fact u can be a teenager... i think there should be an R rated version.. hahaha.. u can incest.. but u can make twisted house holds... affairs are more fun.. easier to become friends withAddictive. maxis have kicked a goal by giving the sims aspirations, and all u wanna do is keep building the aspiration meter. still room for improvement. can't wait for the expansion pack. i like the fact u can be a teenager... i think there should be an R rated version.. hahaha.. u can incest.. but u can make twisted house holds... affairs are more fun.. easier to become friends with ppl. and also to "woohoo" or try for a baby this time.. its good, and just getting better! Expand
  13. NikkiK.
    Jul 6, 2005
    This game is awesome! But i have some new ideas for a new Sims called Sims 3. My ideas are that when the women go into labor that you take them to the hospital and help them through the birth. You should add in there own cars. More electronic selections. Start out with more money than $20,000. Pets include like dogs cats turtles anything from Unleashed. You should really just combine all This game is awesome! But i have some new ideas for a new Sims called Sims 3. My ideas are that when the women go into labor that you take them to the hospital and help them through the birth. You should add in there own cars. More electronic selections. Start out with more money than $20,000. Pets include like dogs cats turtles anything from Unleashed. You should really just combine all the sim games together with added items. Those are just some of my ideas. I think it would really be a number 1 seller in the united states. I already know a few people that would buy the game. Also have love beds that vibrate when they have sex. And dont blurr who cares people are going to find out anyways someday. You should just have the game be like a normal life. In the USA you should have them speak English not some language that we dont understand. These tips could really help a new game for Sims 3. Well i hope that you enjoyed my tips and that you consider using them for Sims 3. Thank you for your time. Expand
  14. Ginny
    Aug 8, 2005
    i'm obsessed with this game. it seriously has like, mind controlling powers. i play it all day and stay up usually until 3 or 4 AM just playing. I LOVE IT. :-]
  15. Jordan
    May 4, 2006
    One of the best games I have ever played and certainly the longest lasting. This game as given me many years of great gaming and will probably continue to do so for a few more. Give a very simple gameplay mechanism but also alows for much deeper and more complex senarios for you to create which will please the deeper more experienced players aswell as those newer younger players. And with One of the best games I have ever played and certainly the longest lasting. This game as given me many years of great gaming and will probably continue to do so for a few more. Give a very simple gameplay mechanism but also alows for much deeper and more complex senarios for you to create which will please the deeper more experienced players aswell as those newer younger players. And with a huge custome content and modding community there is always something new to keep your game feeling fresh. Collapse
  16. CeliahG.
    May 19, 2007
    I love the Sims 2 I had it since I was 5 and I like how they die it funny. I will never ever lose that game. Somtimes it gets boring when i'm playing by myself but i get over because it is just so cool!
  17. TI
    Feb 5, 2009
    Look, if you're basing your review on the fact that the game doesn't work on your computer then... well... I mean, what the ****?!?! This is an excellent game, and there's nothing to that boost can make you feel better about yourself than creating the fugliest sim in existance and ruining his/her life. The sim gets fired from work, in debt, girlfriend died while fixing tvLook, if you're basing your review on the fact that the game doesn't work on your computer then... well... I mean, what the ****?!?! This is an excellent game, and there's nothing to that boost can make you feel better about yourself than creating the fugliest sim in existance and ruining his/her life. The sim gets fired from work, in debt, girlfriend died while fixing tv and standing in a puddle of water etc.) Expand
  18. BrontyPoos
    Oct 13, 2004
    AhhH! this game is so good u just want to squeeze it 2 death! luv it luv it luv it luv it! graphics are good, sound is good, making people are cool too! just make sure u have above the requirements for the game settings because we only just had the requirements and it ran rather slowly - but updte a few things and WA LAA! all is great!!!
  19. NicoleD.
    Oct 10, 2004
    I LOVE this game. Im addicted to it I have to confess. As much as I hate wanting to play it every seconed, I still love the game, its great!
  20. JustinP.
    Sep 14, 2004
    If you were (or still are) addicted to The Sims, then you'd best not buy The Sims 2. If you do, you may as well take any annual or long service leave you have now, then quit your job, and lock yourself away in the study. The Sims 2 is brilliant. It improves on the original in every facet that I've seen and adds a truckload more to keep you addicted. The look, the feel.. it If you were (or still are) addicted to The Sims, then you'd best not buy The Sims 2. If you do, you may as well take any annual or long service leave you have now, then quit your job, and lock yourself away in the study. The Sims 2 is brilliant. It improves on the original in every facet that I've seen and adds a truckload more to keep you addicted. The look, the feel.. it really is like watching your own little Big Brother right there on your PC. Theres not much I want to go into to spoil the suprises in store for you, but I can say without a doubt that The Sims 2 is a contender for Game of The Year, and will most likely pick up where its predecessor left off as the best selling game of all time. A MUST buy for any fan of Sim/Tycoon games. Expand
  21. AndreaG.
    Sep 20, 2004
    This game is AMAZING! The graphics, the interaction, the options, ALL OF IT. I don't know how you managed it, but you did and it's above and beyond what I would I anticipated.
  22. JeffB.
    Sep 25, 2004
    This game comes as close to real life as you could get.
  23. LoraO.
    Love it.
  24. LindseyD.
    Nov 23, 2005
    Great game, sometimes it has a few glitches in it, but all in all, great game.
  25. KarinaD.
    Feb 1, 2005
    I love Sims 2. It is a very entertaining game, and very addictive. You promise yourself you'll only play for twenty minutes, and you play for two hours. Sooo much fun!
  26. KefunC.
    Feb 2, 2005
    Much better than the first one. Great improvements. THis game is worth ur money. Good job EA Games.
  27. KatieC.
    Apr 2, 2005
    OMG this is the awesomest game evur! but sumtimes i rn out of ideas and don't know what to do... mayb i should get university... but i still love this game!!!
  28. AmeS.
    Jun 10, 2005
    It's the best game ever!! It is so addicting!!!
  29. StephS.
    Jul 30, 2005
    Wow! I haven't played this game yet but i've looked at pictures of it and heard all these great things about the game! It looks soo much fun. The only bad comment i've heard is the lack of speed and that it takes up a lot of memory. But who cares? If its such a fun game then who cares about how much memory it takes up!!!! I'm going to get the game soon so i've beenWow! I haven't played this game yet but i've looked at pictures of it and heard all these great things about the game! It looks soo much fun. The only bad comment i've heard is the lack of speed and that it takes up a lot of memory. But who cares? If its such a fun game then who cares about how much memory it takes up!!!! I'm going to get the game soon so i've been looking to see how it is. I like the first one but the second one looks a heck a lot more better!!!! Keep up the good work and i give it a 10! Expand
  30. AprilC.
    Aug 28, 2005
    Great game.
  31. EllieT.
    Sep 4, 2005
    I would have given it a 10 but, I miss the pets!!!!!
  32. SM
    Sep 8, 2005
    I love this game!!! I don't know what it is about playing a game where you tell people to go pee and eat that makes it so cool but I am addicted to it!
  33. Harri(et)S.
    Oct 1, 2006
    I luv the sims 2! The graphics are ace and there is sooo much to do. I'm a total sims addict i got the Sims 1 and all its expansions and I got The sims 2 and all its expansions, I'll be getting pets when it comes out. The sims has come along way in my eyes from the first one and i hope it continues. Also i wounnder if there will be a sims 3 like with all the sims to expansion I luv the sims 2! The graphics are ace and there is sooo much to do. I'm a total sims addict i got the Sims 1 and all its expansions and I got The sims 2 and all its expansions, I'll be getting pets when it comes out. The sims has come along way in my eyes from the first one and i hope it continues. Also i wounnder if there will be a sims 3 like with all the sims to expansion packs already in the main game, and where your teens can get pregnant and you can have miscariges and go to hospitals and stuff. I think that would be really cool! Expand
  34. AndrewH.
    Jan 8, 2006
    Excellent! This is the best game on PC ever. Love the expansion packs too. Great value for money.
  35. CiaranG.
    Jun 14, 2006
    I love this game. It can get a bit boring unless you keep things interesting yourself. If you just want to get your sims to churn out babies and grow old and die it won't be all that fun. Expansion packs, downloads and human intervention will keep the game fresh, fun and addictive. Lots to do and very very funny. Graphics are nice. Full 3D.
  36. JakeG.
    Jul 2, 2006
    I really enjoy this game. It has good content and gives you a lot of options of what to do. It's only flaw in my opinion is that it takes up a lot of space on the computer and takes some time to load.
  37. funiacM
    Apr 6, 2008
    It's endless! I've has it for 2 years and I'm not bored yet!! With all of the expansion packs, they know what they are doing. I love doing whatever i want to them. Their life is in my hands... Bwahaha!!!
  38. MichaelL.
    Jun 1, 2009
    I love this freaking game!!!! One of the best games I have ever played ever. It runs painfully slow and takes up allot of space and lags some but OMG. I love it I play almost on my off days and rest days. I am in college and dude people come up to me asking what are you doing I say enjoying myself. I don't care what all you negative people say It my getaway spot.
  39. KrunnA.
    Oct 14, 2004
    Its a bit annoying that people grow up too fast, rather than that.. this games its worth the time.
  40. AlvinG.
    Nov 5, 2004
    This game is too cool!!!I'm playing the whole day non-stop!
  41. BlakeT.
    Dec 2, 2004
    Great game and lots of fun. However, unless you are a hard-core Sims fan, it won't hold your interest for more than a few months. Still, it is great fun and worth the $50 for a few months of fun. Future expansions like Sims University should breathe life back into it.
  42. IndiaS.
    Dec 30, 2004
    It is so kewl. I love it.
  43. JOELSTELLAR
    Oct 25, 2004
    THIS GAME IS THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED OTHER THEN SIM 1. I HOPE THAT THE CREATERS CREATE A COOL EXSPANDSION PACK THAT GOES WITH THE SIMS 2 THAT WOULD BE GREAT, WITH WEATHER ,MORE OBJECTS, AND I NEW GREAT IDEA THAT WOULD MAKE IT GREAT. WELL THE GAME IS THE BEST.
  44. KellyW.
    Sep 19, 2004
    Game kicks ass.Well done.Kind of made me mad, When I found out that it wasn't a add on.I spend alot of money for my neices to get all the sims for them. But its cool.The game was worth spending over 50.00 dollars on. Now I can get some work done while they are playing the game. Big thanks to the people who made Sims, made my life much easier.
  45. MarkH.
    Sep 19, 2004
    What can I say?...Excellent. The animation on your sims are dramtic, slapstick, exaggerated so you always know what they are feeling - and at times tragic. Tons more ways for your sims to interact with each other. One qucik tip though...don't try to play the game "well" and have the perfect family - you will be missing out on the most amusing and endearing aspects of the game. By all What can I say?...Excellent. The animation on your sims are dramtic, slapstick, exaggerated so you always know what they are feeling - and at times tragic. Tons more ways for your sims to interact with each other. One qucik tip though...don't try to play the game "well" and have the perfect family - you will be missing out on the most amusing and endearing aspects of the game. By all means try the "good" approach...then create some wildly different sims, throw them in a house together, encourage their behaviour and watch the hilarity, chaos, tragedy unfold. Its The Sims, increased and improved almost beyond measure!! When you are playing it you aren't just "playing", you are living vicariously through your sims lives. Go on - indulge yourself in all the "what if..." scenarios you can think of!! Expand
  46. AllisonP.
    Sep 21, 2004
    After playing the first Sims with all of the optional software included, I was at a stand-still with gameplay. I'd done it all... Not the case with Sims 2. There is so much I haven't even tried or even seen yet! I've played for hours (6 of them being spent just playing around with the building of the house!). Awesome game. Worth the wait! You have to get this game! After playing the first Sims with all of the optional software included, I was at a stand-still with gameplay. I'd done it all... Not the case with Sims 2. There is so much I haven't even tried or even seen yet! I've played for hours (6 of them being spent just playing around with the building of the house!). Awesome game. Worth the wait! You have to get this game! Can't wait for the additional software! Expand
  47. JoannetheGreek
    Sep 22, 2004
    This game is just perfect!!! I do adore all the sims games but I think this is by far best than all the others. It's wonderful; the greatest game.
  48. Charmaine
    Sep 22, 2004
    Great Game. You can get for 40 at wal mart if your pc is not fast you might have 2 keep restarting to get back memory but it is great. Don't try playing if you have the min sys req.
  49. PolishKid
    Sep 23, 2004
    This game is awesome even tho i have a weak pc i enjoy playing this game.
  50. C.Doyle
    Sep 30, 2004
    Loved the Sims 1, and I love The Sims 2. It would've gotten a 10 but I gave it a 9 because of the problem that I'm having placing things where I want them in buy and build mode. They bounce around all over the place and it takes up a lot of time getting anything placed. Can be quite aggravating! Other than that I love it, especiallly having the babies, they are oh so cute!
  51. MaryD.
    Nov 16, 2005
    I'm so excited to get this game it looks sooooooo awesome. I am getting it for Christmas this year. And all ive been doing all day and after school is reading a bout it and printing screenshots. It looks so cool. But I can't belive someone would give it a zero!
  52. AprilC.
    Nov 8, 2005
    Great game.
  53. Ashley
    Jan 18, 2005
    It's an awesome game. I can just sit and play for hours, whether thats good or bad i dont know? I would ave to say that the only flaw is that time goes by a little too fast.
  54. JaimeH.
    Jan 21, 2005
    It is an awesome game, I just wish that it ran faster.
  55. JazzminM.
    Oct 26, 2005
    IT was the best game ever i love how i get to rule lives.
  56. AnnaL.
    Feb 11, 2005
    It is cool.
  57. ColinL.
    Feb 12, 2005
    Wow. This game is simply amazing. It's like the Sims +++
  58. HilaryK.
    Mar 8, 2005
    This is the best game and the expansion pack is even more exciting!! I understand why this is why its the best selling game in the world!
  59. BogdanaL.
    Apr 19, 2005
    The game is great, but why can't i join the sims 2 club? i have code and all but it doesn't work! so that's for my vote is 9!!!!
  60. Yasmin
    Apr 8, 2005
    I love this game, it great!!!!!!!!,i play it 10000000000 times a day i think if ever one in the world had the game the whole word will be happy!!!!!
  61. SimluvaW.
    May 25, 2005
    All I have to say is this games is... toataly! wicked! awesome! super! kool! krazy! The MoSt wicked game ever!!-(i cried for 30min when i got it)
  62. Liane
    Jul 3, 2005
    This is a great game! i love the graphics and all the different things to choose from. One bad thing is it takes a little while to load. There are many different clothes, make-up, and objects! the music is great and I can't wait to get Sims 2 University!
  63. ALam
    Aug 18, 2005
    Wow, it's really amazing. I was easily addicted to it.
  64. NancyH.
    Sep 29, 2005
    This game is the best! I love this game soooo much because i can make myself. I LOVE THIS GAME!
  65. RockinRaterYeth
    Jun 15, 2007
    I've been researching "The Sims 2" for a long time now and i'm sooo excited to get it this summer! I've been looking for cheats, videos and lots of ways to get your sim a good life. Once I get it the fun will begin!
  66. NeonGirl
    Aug 2, 2007
    This game is excellent! It's really a step up from the original 'The Sims' games and it's fun and highly addicting. It includes a lot of different socializing options and advanced details that aren't even needed. (That's a good thing!!!) With just a couple more things added to the game, it really could be a '10'.
  67. ClaireK.
    May 7, 2008
    This game is the best the only people who are dumb enought to give it less than 9 is because they are too ignorant to buy a faster computer and are screwing their selves over
  68. Nicole
    Nov 1, 2004
    I'm addicted to it!!
  69. DeaunaW.
    Nov 25, 2004
    This game is excellent!!! Aside from a few slight glitches, which will definitely be worked out in future editions, I couldn't ask for a better game. I also agree with the person earlier that said that they grow up a little too fast.
  70. M.A.
    Nov 4, 2004
    It's an amazing addictive game. Young and old alike will enjoy it and have hours of delight. A great step up for the franchise.
  71. Meg
    Oct 22, 2004
    I'd give it an 11 if I could. This game rocks. The visuals are amazing. And the generation concept is so cool, I almost felt like crying seeing my little toddler grow to be an adult. Other than some initially frustrating rotating issues, the entire gameplay is perfect.
  72. F.D.
    Dec 26, 2004
    I'd prefer if i had more cheats but thats just me being lazy! other than that it rocks well and truly!
  73. Squishysquish
    Sep 12, 2004
    The sims 2 is the best!!you have 3d graphics, weekends, holidays ,weather, DNA!!!
  74. CourtneyF.
    Sep 19, 2004
    I love this game so much that I play it everyday!
  75. NikkiH.
    Sep 21, 2004
    I love this game! I loved the Sims but Sims II just has so many more options.
  76. Emily
    Sep 24, 2004
    This game rocks out loud!!! I've never seen something so realistic!!!
  77. Mongo
    Sep 27, 2004
    I haven't played the first one. But playing number two tells me what all the hype was about. Amazing game :)
  78. 33Benji
    Nov 12, 2005
    This has to be one of the best games I have ever played.
  79. BrittneyH.
    Nov 17, 2005
    I have a blast with this game everytime I play it. I love spending time on the Sim Exgange aswell, getting new stuff for my sims.
  80. ErikaM.
    Nov 27, 2005
    Damit! this game is good! ! One of the best sim game! I
  81. SLS
    Jan 13, 2005
    Better than the sims. Great!
  82. CocoLaRue
    Dec 18, 2005
    This is the best game!! i love sims 2 if u play it you will fall in love with it..well at less i did!
  83. SpikeNox
    Oct 28, 2005
    The Sims 2 has superior graphics and has a lot more options then the original Sims.
  84. LauraL.
    Feb 15, 2005
    OMG ITS SO FUNNNN i could just play it for ever and ever wifout sleeping!!!!
  85. SJordan
    Feb 27, 2005
    The Sims 2 is really great! So much better than the 1st! I just wish the sims could do a lot more... like get divorced without having to hate 1 another.. and a whole bunch more! But its steally really kewl!
  86. AngelaH.
    Jun 11, 2005
    Good.
  90. ToriS.
    Jun 21, 2005
    I have only played it once and i loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just got it and i still have to install it so that shows you how fun it is.
  91. TylerM.
    Jun 27, 2005
    This game is great but it gets kinda hard sometimes!
  92. ShellC.
    Jul 18, 2005
    This game is creative, fun, clever and addictive!! The only thing I would change is how quickly and drastically they age (there is a huge jump from adult to elder). Adding pets would be another suggestion. But other than that, A great game!
  93. SarahK.
    Jul 19, 2005
    I've been playing this game for a while and it's AWESOME!! It's the only game I play now!! And it never gets boring!! I've also got the expasion pack - Sims 2 University and I'm definitely getting Nightlife as well when it comes out!! It's the best game EVER!!!!
  94. Angelina
    Jul 28, 2005
    They should make a rated A sims or add more crazy real life things to the game.
  95. SamF.
    Dec 7, 2006
    Everything you loved in the first Sims with better graphics and additions such as your sims age , aspirations and a whole way to give your sim a personal look. A great game that you will spend days with with no end in sight.
  96. JenniferL.
    Jun 18, 2006
    I have been Playing the Sims since SIms 1 & I have loved everything they have done since then!
  97. SeanM.
    Feb 24, 2007
    Good graphics, alot of freedom in the game, the sims 2 body shop is a evry good feature, and the modding is incredible.
  98. Alisa
    Dec 27, 2004
    I am in love with this game!! It is seriously ther best game in the whole world and I never want to stop playing it!! Everything I imagined and much much more...endless possibilities!!! Buy it, you'll love it, but be prepared to be a slave to it!!
  99. JamalF.
    Nov 17, 2005
    This game is fun and addicting. once i played for 28 hours straight
  100. JewelB.
    Nov 23, 2005
    I have been playing this game since the very first one was released and have every new expansion the old and the new I am addicted and I love it!

Offers a heap of replayability, and then there are all the expansions to look forward to. With all new features, increased graphics, gameplay, and options, there is no feasible reason why you should not purchase this game if you ever enjoyed the original.
  2. While The Sims 2 delivers great graphics, wonderful music, and a ton of new features and objects; I have to say the minimum requirements should be higher. I have more RAM than it suggests but still feel I need a beefier video card to get rid of the slight glitches that seem to occur while changing views.
    The new features like aging, aspirations, character design, community property, and all of the great story building tools help to make The Sims 2 a more complete game in every way possible.