The Sims 3 PC

7.6

1. Feb 11, 2011
    This game is what happens when you mainstream, dumb down, and simplify a well-known franchise. Nothing really is worth the sixty dollar price tag and I honestly feel robbed and ripped off. My money might be gone to feed the greedy pigs at EA, but at least I can give my honest feedback of this game here. Only positive aspect and to start my review, the only redeeming feature is theThis game is what happens when you mainstream, dumb down, and simplify a well-known franchise. Nothing really is worth the sixty dollar price tag and I honestly feel robbed and ripped off. My money might be gone to feed the greedy pigs at EA, but at least I can give my honest feedback of this game here. Only positive aspect and to start my review, the only redeeming feature is the Create-A-Sim all else falls flat and feels hallow. Within an hour, I felt bored and just could not get into the game. I'm a veteran of Sims 1 and 2 and prefer those two in the series. The core game feels too focused and prioritized on visuals, something the previous games did not need. What actually let me down and disappointed myself was to see content resisted to The Store, a service on The Sims 3 website which you need to pay to unlock an object. This is not necessary to hold content from us and having us pay, it feels like theft. If you take a look at the forums, there is a vast majority who have problems due to bugs and/or glitches and I feel bad for them that they cannot play the game or properly. This is another problem, bugs and glitches which remain causing problems with the game. Ah well, I'm sure this new generation of simmers are having a good time because to them graphics only matter mostly and are "sick" and "epic" Expand
  2. Apr 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I bought this game about a year after it's release. I've been playing ever since; however, not everyday. The more I play this game, the more it disappoints me. I will first state my PROS. The graphics in the Sims 3 are much better than the graphics in the Sims 2. Surprisingly, this is my only PRO.

Now, on to the CONS. In The Sims and The Sims 2, it was much easier to lie down a lot and build a house because there was so much space and in The Sims 2 about two or three worlds were given. The Sims 3 only gives one world, other worlds have to be purchased, and most of the space is used by rabbit holes or already laid houses. There is little space to lie down more buildings. You can renovate your world but not all of the land is flat and making it flat requires patience. In The Sims 2, you could see your Sims work. In The Sims 3 it is quite the opposite. Your sim will go to work but you cannot see any work they will do; You will only be notified that they are working. This was a huge disappoint for me.

In The Sims and the Sims 2, almost every item in the game you could use or your sim could use. There were only very few items for display, such as statues or plants. In The Sims 3, there are many items that cannot be put to use in this game. For example; the powder bar (I forgot the name but it is located under items for the bathroom). In The Sims 2, babies were to be changed on a bar very similar to the powder but in The Sims 3 they are changed in the air. In The Sims 2, dirty diapers were left behind and so was messy baby food and bottles. Babies are a handful. The game-play is more realistic in The Sims 2 than in The Sims 3. Another example is the cash register. Placing a cash register will not result to Sims working or the fact that you cannot hire and fire. The whole business/working aspect is a complete miss in this game.

The action in this game is a miss also. I liked when the Sims would have their first kiss or get married, the screen would show a brief moment of their happiness. By the way when the Sims get married, in the Sims 3, there isn't a preacher to wed them only an arch. There isn't even a wedding cake available. There's only one buffet table but there isn't a chef. I bought the Sims generation expansion pack because I thought it would fill these lacking elements...I was wrong. Completely wrong! Speaking of lacking elements, there isn't a butler available either.

Simple things that were available in the previous editions are pulled from this game so you have to purchase (BUY) these objects on The Sims 3 site i.e the wedding cake and other buffet tables. A sim can gain skill to play the guitar but cannot sing unless you buy The Showtime Expansion pack. The guitar is the only instrument available. In The Sims 2, there was also a piano and the chance for your sim to sing without the purchase of any expansion packs.

The more expansion packs I buy, the more I start to dislike the game. The expansion packs are to expand the game but instead they only add a few more objects, maybe a skill, and more rabbit holes. The expansion packs to the previous editions really expanded the game. For example, In one expansion pack, you can invent. Which is pretty cool but it's very limited; especially in action. A sim can invent a drill but only drills holes. What's the point of watching your sim drill a hole only to find more scraps and gems? Also there is a genie available in the ambitions expansion pack, the genie only grants few wishes and there are only a few things to wish about. Once the genie grants the wish, only a small segment of action happens and that is it!

The buildings, such as a salon and tattoo parlor, are useless in the Sims 3. I was expecting for these additions to change the game play. I thought I would be able to see a sim give another sim a makeover or do another Sims hair. Negative, Your sim steps on the block in front of the mirror only for you to change his appearance. You can do that with a base mirror in your own home. The tattoo part is OK. But it still needs updating. The Sims 3 lacks creativity. Call me picky...but I like to see my sim use all of its objects. If there's a candle, I'd like to see my sim light it. If there's magazines, I'd like to see my Sims read them. If there's a clothing rack in a shop, I'd like to see my sim be able to try on and buy clothes. If there's a cash register, I'd like to see my Sims be able to work. if there's toilet paper, i'd like to see my sim use it. The Sims 3 needs more useful objects. The light up dance floor isn't available not even in the ambitions or showtimes expansion pack.

Also This game heats up my computer and causes it to shut off. The more you add, the more it slows. I hope things are better for the Sims 4. However, I'm sure they will make you purchase things that should already be loaded onto the came. I'm still a hardcore Sims fan just a disappointed buyer.
  3. Nov 30, 2013
    The only thing I find fun about this game is to make completely opposed personalities in the same household and see what happens, other than that this game is simply too boring and slow.

My background, I player Sims 1 a lot, I always liked it, so no, I'm not a "hater". First the game is badly programmed, filled with memory leaks that will lag your PC into oblivion, it took modders to

First the game is badly programmed, filled with memory leaks that will lag your PC into oblivion, it took modders to fix what EA should have done. The game is extremely slow to load even on a good machine and has lots of bugs, and not the glitchy type, gameplay breaking bugs.

Second the game gives such a low amount of personality options that you have to wonder, is this really a game about people and their interactions? No, its a game about repetitive cliches. Take almost any person you know, try to bring their traits and personality into the game, no can do, impossible, there's just no traits or combination of them to simulate most basic personalities.

Third, the engine makes a very poor job at handling the towns, and by very poor I mean, ridiculous bad, it makes choices that make no sense whatsoever. The mechanics design of most features of the game, including expansions is completely broken, in my opinion not because it would be hard for a computer to process, but, due to very bad game engine design which limits the game into pure boredom and repetition.

But not all his bad, like I said, there's some very few funny moments like seeing your next door crazy neighbor going through the trash at 3am. Building is also very nice and detailed.

This game is a nice "architect for children" simulation, other than that, avoid it.
  4. HelloKitty
    Aug 24, 2009
    Before anyone deems "The Sims 2" and "The Sims 3" to be completely "different" games, and as such, The Sims 3 should not be judged based on it's predecessor, you should review the defininition of franchise. The Sims 3 replaces The Sims 2 in terms of funding, that means that EA will finish up whatever it has left for the platform and start funding The Sims 3 instead of The Sims 2. Now Before anyone deems "The Sims 2" and "The Sims 3" to be completely "different" games, and as such, The Sims 3 should not be judged based on it's predecessor, you should review the defininition of franchise. The Sims 3 replaces The Sims 2 in terms of funding, that means that EA will finish up whatever it has left for the platform and start funding The Sims 3 instead of The Sims 2. Now this sounds typical, but understand that if The Sims 3 simply built upon The Sims 2 there would be no problem in the transition, but as it is there are many people who are unhappy with the new product, who continue to play with the old and are being pushed aside as EA abandons its old playerbase to form a new one with this release. Honestly, the Sims 1 was a lot more rewarding than The Sims 2... it was more difficult, and items had a more... marked... effect. The Sims 2 was a rewardless sandbox with many features that could have been cooler... the Sims 3 is... something else... I don't even understand what it is suppose to be. Expand
  5. LaslowD
    Sep 5, 2009
    I became bored of it within 5 days. The construction part was slightly interesting, albeit with poor graphics. It's basically the level editor section of any other game, except the actual single player is incredibly pointless and painful to watch. You watch a bunch of AI walk around and "interact" with each other. They even give you a fast-forward option, but even at full speed that I became bored of it within 5 days. The construction part was slightly interesting, albeit with poor graphics. It's basically the level editor section of any other game, except the actual single player is incredibly pointless and painful to watch. You watch a bunch of AI walk around and "interact" with each other. They even give you a fast-forward option, but even at full speed that isn't enough to make it even the tiniest bit interesting. It's a building game. "The Sims" fans -- buy literally any other game (especially FPS) and use the level editor. You'll be like "OH MY GOD, THIS IS THE BEST SIMS GAME EVER" Expand
  6. AnonymousMC
    Jul 14, 2009
    The seemless feature is okay, but a lot of simple things have been made frustratingly difficult. Placing stairs are a pain and removing a family means deleting a whole neighborhood. A lot of the simplicity has been lost and a lot of what made the sims 2 fun is missing forcing us to wait three or four years so we can buy it back.
  7. DanDan
    Jun 27, 2009
    This is hardly sims 3 i would more say sim 2.1. For a start the graphics are rubbish compared to sims 3, the people look odd, its looks so unrealistic and its all and well having all these new destinations just a shame we cant go into them. I personally feel that sims creators are insulting us by selling us this rubbish £35. I have been a faithful sims player from day one and saying This is hardly sims 3 i would more say sim 2.1. For a start the graphics are rubbish compared to sims 3, the people look odd, its looks so unrealistic and its all and well having all these new destinations just a shame we cant go into them. I personally feel that sims creators are insulting us by selling us this rubbish £35. I have been a faithful sims player from day one and saying I'm disappointed is an understatement. Expand
  8. beccal
    Jun 21, 2009
    Merely because it is barely a step up from the sims 2. Was a huge disappointment and frankly, £35 and about six hours of my life that i'll never get back. the sims look a bit odd, the noses just don't look right, and there is a lack of content. bring out a few well priced expansion packs and i might change my mind. also, it is so SLOW. Not the loading or gameplay, but the Merely because it is barely a step up from the sims 2. Was a huge disappointment and frankly, £35 and about six hours of my life that i'll never get back. the sims look a bit odd, the noses just don't look right, and there is a lack of content. bring out a few well priced expansion packs and i might change my mind. also, it is so SLOW. Not the loading or gameplay, but the actual time goes by so slowly. you have to sit and watch your sims sleep for about ten minutes - and that's not fun. Expand
  9. SimonM
    Jul 30, 2009
    EA has marred this beloved title, turning it into a a creche of progress bars and text boxes, the standard-issue of corporate apathy. Some new design toys for the player are added, as well as the ability to find rocks and do virtually nothing with them;; a glittery paste caving in upon a non-working, disjointed hollow. The Sims 3 is a derelict of titles passed, fully featured with EA has marred this beloved title, turning it into a a creche of progress bars and text boxes, the standard-issue of corporate apathy. Some new design toys for the player are added, as well as the ability to find rocks and do virtually nothing with them;; a glittery paste caving in upon a non-working, disjointed hollow. The Sims 3 is a derelict of titles passed, fully featured with families that don't autonomously show love, limited cross-connectivity between game features, and a total lack of uniqueness in animation and personality variation. Ex: "Evil" sims can "take maniacal naps" which do not even look different. This game is not only a disappointment; it is not only tear-jerking for true fans, it is a completely dangerous standard regression for our youth, who will hardly see their efforts to play creatively be rewarded by unique results, as with previous maxis games. Our young will learn and adopt this standard, bringing us to true idiocracy. Expand
  10. DKF
    Jan 28, 2011
    I'm a big sims fan.... but Sim3 is a piece of c r a p.
    I mean there are a few things fine and dandy, some nice innovative things as well. The seamless zones are great. But! there are far too many things weighing this game down. The content in the game is "small".
    Then I see that you can buy the content for the game for a lot more money via expansions or the STORE. I'm insulted that
    I'm a big sims fan.... but Sim3 is a piece of c r a p.
    I'm insulted that EA tries this trickery to rape me of my money just because I'm a sims fanboi.
    This slap in the face is what now makes me wash my hands of this silly franchise, finally. Sims3 is just boring... boring boring, walk around boring, with no actual content or point to developing your sims, or house.
  11. karenl
    Nov 27, 2009
    When i play sims 2 there are no gameplay restrictions. When I played Sims 3 i felt very limited. Why is it that people think that they have to fix something that isn't broken. It's a very boring game and why can't there be sims that are gay in sims 3.
  12. Jan 28, 2011
    First off, I paid £30 for this. I was expecting more, the game itself doesn't have that much to do, it's sleep, eat, work, all the time on this game, then if you manage to get money, buy a better house. THEN, they want me to pay for expansions and content from the store. Sure, they need money, but £12 for a small furniture pack and £30 for expansions?First off, I paid £30 for this. I was expecting more, the game itself doesn't have that much to do, it's sleep, eat, work, all the time on this game, then if you manage to get money, buy a better house. THEN, they want me to pay for expansions and content from the store. Sure, they need money, but £12 for a small furniture pack and £30 for expansions? Most games actually have tools to make mods and make custom weapons/furniture, but it's almost as if EA don't want any of their games modded. Took me hours to find tools, because EA don't provide all the tools needed on the Sims site, and it's very hard to make anything at all. Graphics aren't great, lack of locations, I played at the most 6 hours then never played again. Expand
  13. Oct 16, 2011
    Soy fanática de los Sims 3, pero quiero criticarlo porque deberían sacar la expansión de hacer negocios, como lo hicieron en los Sims 2, que eso fue lo que le dio la vida, y uno podía hacer muchas cosas.
    Por favor a los Sims 3 lo unico que le faltan para ser perfectos es la expansión de los negocios.
  14. Feb 6, 2012
    I've been a fan of the franchise since I was a kid, and The Sims 3 further develops what the first conceptualized. This review would be completely positive if it were not for one big concern. Bugs. Oodles of them. I've played through multiple households and over time each one has become unplayable, bogged down with debilitating bugs. I've spent over a year monitoring the official communityI've been a fan of the franchise since I was a kid, and The Sims 3 further develops what the first conceptualized. This review would be completely positive if it were not for one big concern. Bugs. Oodles of them. I've played through multiple households and over time each one has become unplayable, bogged down with debilitating bugs. I've spent over a year monitoring the official community forums, and patching my game. Nothing. It's one thing if EA would keep up a dialogue with it's customers, but instead the forums go completely ignored. Meanwhile, they start work on a store for peddling digital items. I can see where EA's priorities lie. Accordingly, nothing EA produces will have priority in the future as far as my gaming budget is concerned. I suggest you all adopt the same outlook until EA seriously improves its customer service performance. At the very least DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Otherwise, all you're in for is frustration. Expand
  15. May 25, 2013
    Sims 3? Oh you meant sims 2 with online and micro transactions. I literally can't tell the difference between the two other than maybe the customization screen, the 3 in the title, and the online. Also, this is a PAY TO PLAY GAME with MICRO TRANSACTIONS. How much money do they need to suck out of your pocket? Not to mention how quickly you get bored of the thing. 1/10 for the 5 mins ofSims 3? Oh you meant sims 2 with online and micro transactions. I literally can't tell the difference between the two other than maybe the customization screen, the 3 in the title, and the online. Also, this is a PAY TO PLAY GAME with MICRO TRANSACTIONS. How much money do they need to suck out of your pocket? Not to mention how quickly you get bored of the thing. 1/10 for the 5 mins of mild entertainment. Expand
  16. Dec 7, 2013
    Its a fun game, but too many bugs. You can have the best computer ever, but thanks to the bugs and lag, this game sucks.

Then there are the micro transactions. It doesn't matter to EA that you shelled out tons of money for any of the expansions, they still want to charge you more for things that you can not get in the expansions. So unfortunately, this game is pretty unplayable.
  17. Mar 1, 2014
    You would think a game that primarily focuses on AI would have better AI but no, the AI is as simple as it can be not to mention the fact that the game comes with very little content in the base game with something like 3 hairstyles for each gender unless you're willing to buy from the sim store or buy the overpriced expansion packs which don't add enough content to be worth £30.

There

There is really no point in having relationships in this game because in addition to the sims being souless nonhuman robots(like EA's staff it seems) in my experience the option for proposing marriage has ALWAYS came up before 'propose going steady' and I can't play this game for very long before the AI decides to get stuck somewhere and make the game constantly freeze.

**** EA.
  18. TrentS
    Aug 15, 2009
    This game is a major step down from Sims 2 worse graphics, horrible set up, and the cost. $50 dollars for a piece of crap like this, I don't know what i was thinking. And what really T's me off is the part where in order to get all of the content you have to go online and buy gay Sim points to get a bunch of crap that won't work and it cost even more money added to the This game is a major step down from Sims 2 worse graphics, horrible set up, and the cost. $50 dollars for a piece of crap like this, I don't know what i was thinking. And what really T's me off is the part where in order to get all of the content you have to go online and buy gay Sim points to get a bunch of crap that won't work and it cost even more money added to the already outrageously high priced $50 dollars. I will never buy another Sim game again. I'm to the point of disgust with it, it has so many problems. For $50 you would think this would be top of the line, best of ever thing but IT'S NOT. Do NOT get this game. To sum it all up its: high priced, has compatibility issues, comes with bare minimum anout of content, and you have to buy more stuff to go along with it. So just please don't cause yourself to be VERY disappointed and just stay far far far away from this game. Expand
  19. Jan 3, 2011
    Long story short, the game didn't work. I am so frustrated.
  20. Feb 19, 2012
    The Sims 3 introduce some good new improvements to the collection. But there are many reasons for me to think it's just a bad game option: 1. The huge amount of expansion packs with their respective negative points. We're talking about 10 expansion packs that their price varies from 20â
  21. May 4, 2011
    Selling an incomplete game is a nono. A bigger nono is to sell people the rest of the game for the same price. Were it not for expansionitis The Sims would be a great addiction but EA makes it uneconomical.
  22. Dec 25, 2013
    This game is one of the, if not the buggiest piece of crap I've ever played; Big rigs over the road racing is less buggy than this. Loading times are extremely long, even Train simulator can't come close to this. There's literally no reason why you should buy this waist of money! Don't buy it.
  23. XavierJ
    Jun 20, 2009
    You cant kill people, what a waste of time! Sure you can starve them to death, but simulated life isn't the same unless you can plan out a homicide.
  24. Nov 17, 2011
    Cant EA just learn? For real? We play the sims 2 so long and they release ALOT of expansions packs, we buy them for 20 dollars a piece, then they release the sims 3 without any content from the last. They need to learn. This game also is a discrase. The graphics are not as good as the sims 2, you cant enter stores (it shows the outside kind of like the urbz with clothing stores), it dontCant EA just learn? For real? We play the sims 2 so long and they release ALOT of expansions packs, we buy them for 20 dollars a piece, then they release the sims 3 without any content from the last. They need to learn. This game also is a discrase. The graphics are not as good as the sims 2, you cant enter stores (it shows the outside kind of like the urbz with clothing stores), it dont have pets (without expansions), you cant make towns, you cant have multiple familys per save, ETC. This sucks. I give it a 2 for effort. Expand
  25. Mar 28, 2012
    Glitches, lags and bugs:
    1. New "stitchless neighborhood" system seems fine at first, but is extremely laggy when used - textures sure like taking their sweet time to load (even on high-end systems)
    2. Bugs: objects from one floor above displaying (mid-air) on floors below, families losing their ID (making entire town unable to progress further) etc. 3. Pricy expansion packs, stuff
    Glitches, lags and bugs:

3. Pricy expansion packs, stuff packs and Sims Store content, while few of them actually cost as much;

4. Ridiculous building limitations

and many other things I don't want to describe (because it will take a couple of hours)

I rate 2 for the effort.
  26. Mar 5, 2013
    This game is fun for the first few hours. Its great right up until the point when you realize, nothing you do in the game actually matters. I made a city with no police, no fire department, no medical, polluted drinking water, factory's and garbage dumps right next to homes, exc. and my City Was Still Successful. We had 110 crimes committed every day, 23 buildings burning down a day, 213This game is fun for the first few hours. Its great right up until the point when you realize, nothing you do in the game actually matters. I made a city with no police, no fire department, no medical, polluted drinking water, factory's and garbage dumps right next to homes, exc. and my City Was Still Successful. We had 110 crimes committed every day, 23 buildings burning down a day, 213 people dyeing of sickness a day, and the city was making over 12 thousand dollars an hour. You cant lose this game. Its impossible. 4/10 for being unloseable. Expand
  27. Jul 19, 2013
    sims 3 is the worst performance ive had with a pc game, this is daylight robbery i wil not be buying anything from this franchise ever again i thought they would have updated patched these issues by now......total and utter rip off its unplayable
  28. Mar 26, 2014
    Any positive qualities of this game are completely nullified by the sheer layout of the game. The Sims creators have always been a little friendly with putting out "expansions", but with The Sims, your entire experience is modular. When you buy The Sims 3 you're essentially just purchasing the bare-bones engine, and everything else is either an expansion or an in-app purchase featuringAny positive qualities of this game are completely nullified by the sheer layout of the game. The Sims creators have always been a little friendly with putting out "expansions", but with The Sims, your entire experience is modular. When you buy The Sims 3 you're essentially just purchasing the bare-bones engine, and everything else is either an expansion or an in-app purchase featuring in-game currency (Simoleons) which you can purchase using real money and then use to purchase in game items.

Everything you want to play in The Sims 3 is something you're going to have to buy piecemeal, and we've put up with it for a long time because we wanted the game we loved. Sometimes I feel the game we loved is still in there, but if you want it, you're going to have to pay a much higher price tag than what's actually advertised.
  29. May 17, 2014
    It's a good concept but the game felt dated, and most of The Sims 3 content you have to pay extra for so unless your willing to invest at least $60 this game feels very incomplete and lacking on content.

Although Sims 3 doesn't live up to my expectations I will get The Sims 4 when it comes out later this year that way I can get the expansions as they come out.
  30. Feb 2, 2014
    Deeply disappointing game, a weaker version of the outstanding sims 2. First of all, the sims look dodgy, the sims 2 sims looked nice. The game is marred by constant loading screens which is very irritating. The ability not to design community lots is frustrating. You cannot design your own neighborhood which is awful. The super design method takes ages and is very tiresome. The sims 3 isDeeply disappointing game, a weaker version of the outstanding sims 2. First of all, the sims look dodgy, the sims 2 sims looked nice. The game is marred by constant loading screens which is very irritating. The ability not to design community lots is frustrating. You cannot design your own neighborhood which is awful. The super design method takes ages and is very tiresome. The sims 3 is basically a tiresome, dull schoolproject will very little fun at all. Expand
  31. Oct 23, 2013
    Sims 3 is a freaking joke. At first, I bought into it because I'm a big fan of Sims since the first series, but I've become so upset and disappointed by Sims 3. They make you buy almost everything from their store that was already included in other Sims game expansions, or make you wait for what seems to be promising expansions like Island Paradise or Supernatural. EA has become more andSims 3 is a freaking joke. At first, I bought into it because I'm a big fan of Sims since the first series, but I've become so upset and disappointed by Sims 3. They make you buy almost everything from their store that was already included in other Sims game expansions, or make you wait for what seems to be promising expansions like Island Paradise or Supernatural. EA has become more and more of a cash cow when it comes to Sims. I've spent so much money on Sims 3, just to get frustrated and disappointed with so many technical difficulties, including faulty Custom Content, faulty Store Content, and even supposedly outdated or unofficial mods or patches that screw up the entire game. I can't tell you how many times I've uninstalled game by game just to reinstall it all and start all over. I've downgraded to Sims 2 and I've had more enjoyment from that! Expand
  32. Feb 1, 2014
    Sims 3 is definitely not a bad game. There are a lot of options to handle the life of your sim, help him/her to get a good job or be the worst neighbor in the city. You will determine that sims 3 is a huge world with endless motivations and creations.
    Even the graphics are fine and a lot of options allow you to use the best adjustment for your computer. But in fact, the game does not run correctly. You can check it for yourself if you play the addon „island paradise”. Maybe you’re lucky and the game will work fine.
    My pc hardware is high end stuff, the performance excellent - it’s not the reason for sims 3 bad working. The game is especially in „island paradise” haunted by stuttering every 10 seconds: the trees still shaking in the wind but my sim people don’t move in no case.
    My searchings about the problems were pointless. A lot of other players are sharing the same problem and the only way you can fix it for a little time is to re-install the whole game and check if the bug will appear again.
    anyway- i finally spend much more money then i expect and i’m really angry to know about EA’s Business Model to sell unfinished games for the full price. As compared to another games supported by EA it’s horror. Sorry but i won’t buy a Sims game while the support and performance is so bad.
  33. Mar 1, 2014
    This game is very fun, no question about it. It is also quite expensive, and as you will eventually discover, unplayably buggy.

On those last two points: 1) Don't pretend that the sims 3 is the $8 that you pay for it on sale. Getting the sims 3 means getting at least half the expansion packs. Think $200. If you're willing to pay that, you'll have a very fun game, if not, play

On those last two points:

1) Don't pretend that the sims 3 is the $8 that you pay for it on sale. Getting the sims 3 means getting at least half the expansion packs. Think $200. If you're willing to pay that, you'll have a very fun game, if not, play something else.

2) Many of the bugs are known to EA. There are community fixes available for some of them. EA has not implemented any of these fixes, but they have produced lots of expansion packs (with bugs of their own) instead.

What this means for you:
    Your save game WILL become corrupted. It is only a matter of time. If you made many copies, you may be able to go to an earlier backup, and use some of the community tools to delete the bugged object(s) that are making your game crash. (Bills/presents in the mail often make the game crash, unless you use a custom tool to wipe them from your save every so often). The bugs are not minor, they WILL destroy your game and render it unplayable.

The loading times are terrible. Expect to spend 5-10 minutes waiting for the game to start/load even with an ssd. EA knows that they are bad.. they even have a minigame you can play while all the loading happens! To contrast, WINDOWS boots and logs in in 15 seconds on the same computer.

The problem is that EA wrote the game very poorly. The algorithms used are inefficient. This was not obvious with just 'sims 3', however, every expansion pack adds content that the game needs to sort through. Add enough content (half the expansion packs) and the game will no longer function. Even on the fastest computers.

EA can (but won't) fix some of the outstanding bugs easily enough. They can't fix most of them without a full rewrite. Hopefully the sims 4 is that better rewrite.
  34. Mar 20, 2014
    I thought EA will made a very great breakthrough in the series, but I was very disappointed knowing that this version is very heavy and expensive.

The graphics are great, but the experience become sucks when it comes after one hour of gaming. I still prefer Sims 2 than this one.
  35. Sep 4, 2014
    The Sims 3 is awful. It looked very promising, but it failed to deliver. The open world was a great idea, but it failed hard. The world was really dead, there was almost zero Sims in the community lots, doing nothing besides stand there.

The Sims looked are very robotic, the animations are very repetitive and exaggerated. Sims keep stopping when they're walking, they stop when they walk through doors, it's terrible. Routing system was lame. Teleport into the car was ridiculous.

The Sims 3 lacks life. Everything is so dead and robotic. CAS is ok, Create a Style was great, Build/Buy modes were ok too. But the gameplay wasn't fun at all. The Sims 2 was much more dynamic. The expansion packs helped TS3 a lot, but the base game was just unplayable.
  36. Dec 7, 2014
    Hard to believe there are only 85 negative reviews. I have a top of the line gaming system running win 8.1 and an older duo core system running win vista. Nothing but script errors, random game crashes, bugs, glitches, freezes, corrupted game saves, performance issues, you name it - THIS GAME HAS IT ALL... I'd expect this from a $10 Beta Steam game, not from a known company such as EA.Hard to believe there are only 85 negative reviews. I have a top of the line gaming system running win 8.1 and an older duo core system running win vista. Nothing but script errors, random game crashes, bugs, glitches, freezes, corrupted game saves, performance issues, you name it - THIS GAME HAS IT ALL... I'd expect this from a $10 Beta Steam game, not from a known company such as EA. Very poor programming and patch maintenance. My daughter was so excited to get the PC version of this game, I spend more time "fixing the game" than she does playing it. Very poor support and programming, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY...bottom line. Expand
  37. Aug 23, 2016
    Disappointing to say the least.
    It's been awhile since I played the sims but The Sims 3 was a major let down.
    Disappointing to say the least.
    It's been awhile since I played the sims but The Sims 3 was a major let down.

* They added micro transactions. I'm used to expansion packs, that's fine but if I pay 60$ for a game, I expect to have access to all the content. Many objects are only available via "sim points" which charges one real money. And there are painfully few choices in decor - especially children's. The game is left with a gutted, empty feeling.

* What happened to retail/clothing stores? Now your Sim enters the establishment & does his/her thing out of your view. And clothes are made available via the wardrobe in your home, most of which you have to pay for. There really isn't much to do in the raw game. I used to love forcing my brood to pack up & go clothes shopping, watching the kids argue & mom & dad slipping away to the changing room for some naughty time. It was hilarious. The only places in this game that you can interact with your sim at are libraries & gyms. You can build your own commercial establishment, but again, this is severely limited by micro-transactions.

* Load times are ridiculous

* Bugs oh god the bugs. Even after all these years, EA did not fix them.

* You get one neighborhood & it's a boring one. All the rest are micro-transactions.

* The characters feel hollow. I find myself simply taking care of their needs, making babies that are equally boring, and sending them to work. It gets old fast.

This is a hollow, gutted version of the original. Less than half the objects, very few activities, and one dimensional characters no matter how hard one tries.

I was hoping that after all these years EA would have patched the game, added objects, anything .... Instead, they released The Sims 4 & considering the reviews they implemented even more micro-transactions & gutted even more content.
  38. Dec 23, 2016
    500 euros for all DLC you must be kidding....I regret I bought this game...It's painful seeing people wasting their money and I feel really bad for you guys...Get your life back

1. A gallant return to form and takes a direction that breathes new life into a formula that is fast reaching a decade old.
  2. The Sims 3 has immense potential as upcoming expansions start rolling into high gear. And that’s what you’re really buying: A game of potential.
    The Sims 3 isn't a bad game, not in slightest, and too a different group of gamers this might be all they wanted, but for me this feels like a sequel that Will Wright had nothing to do with. There is no new magic, or amazing new idea that is going to re-imagine the whole series, it's just more and better stuff that we got in Sims 1.