The Sims 3 PC

7.6

1. Feb 25, 2014
    This game would deserve a 10/10 if it wasn't so ridiculously buggy. About 75% of the bugs you come across can be fixed with console cheats if you know how. Such as, Sims getting stuck places they shouldn't be, Sims disappearing, etc. However some aren't as easily fixed such as miscalculations of the Sims in your household meaning you can't adopt, graphics glitches, stopping your Sims fromThis game would deserve a 10/10 if it wasn't so ridiculously buggy. About 75% of the bugs you come across can be fixed with console cheats if you know how. Such as, Sims getting stuck places they shouldn't be, Sims disappearing, etc. However some aren't as easily fixed such as miscalculations of the Sims in your household meaning you can't adopt, graphics glitches, stopping your Sims from finding a job, sound loops etc. It seems the longer you play one saved game the more likely you are to come across bugs.

Aside from the bugs the gameplay is awesome. You can customise your Sims pretty much however you want, you can extend their life to ages and ages or move through generations quickly, build awesome houses. Sims 3 gives you a lot more control over the game than previous Sims games. However, the exception to this is the building which doesn't offer anything new and can be very clunky at times. If your the main thing you do in the Sims is build homes I'd suggest you play TS2 and skip all the bugs.
  2. Jun 28, 2012
    They Just need to add more.... The game has gotten more fun with the expansions but its just not enough. They need to make it a more real life experience....
  3. LisaH
    Jun 5, 2009
    I have had all the Sims games, but this one at present, seems to be the one I like the least! Personally I find the graphics are nowhere near as sharp as the previous games, and colours less vibrant. - so visually I find it seems messy & incompleted. I liked the simplicity of Sims 2, and some of the quirky add-ons from Sims 1 i.e. Making Magic, shame Sims3 isn't an synergy of the I have had all the Sims games, but this one at present, seems to be the one I like the least! Personally I find the graphics are nowhere near as sharp as the previous games, and colours less vibrant. - so visually I find it seems messy & incompleted. I liked the simplicity of Sims 2, and some of the quirky add-ons from Sims 1 i.e. Making Magic, shame Sims3 isn't an synergy of the best parts of Sim1 & 2. I may get used to this one - or atleast I'm hoping I will, but for me, the clarity of the graphics is disappointing! Expand
  4. Lloyd
    Jun 8, 2009
    While its a fairly solid release with little bugs to annoy me, I can't help but feel the new direction EA has taken TS3 - which is 'take out the majority of contents useable in TS2 and make everything available on the EA Store'. Is it just me or does TS3 seem less in content then TS2 included in it's vanilla base game? Eg, the Tiki set costs a lot more than i couldWhile its a fairly solid release with little bugs to annoy me, I can't help but feel the new direction EA has taken TS3 - which is 'take out the majority of contents useable in TS2 and make everything available on the EA Store'. Is it just me or does TS3 seem less in content then TS2 included in it's vanilla base game? Eg, the Tiki set costs a lot more than i could afford on the EA store. Expand
  5. Sep 25, 2010
    The Sims 3 is great, however the disability to have pets really takes it down a notch. The expansion packs are also not the best. Much better than most of the other Sims games, however.
  6. AlexP
    Aug 27, 2009
    The Sims 3 was very exciting at first. With all the news about it, and the advertising, it sounded pretty good. The idea of a seamless neighborhood is amazing! Unfortunately though, the seamless neighborhood isn't complete. You arn't allowed to follow your sim inside stores, restaurants and other buildings. The building creator is worse too. You can't build stores anymore, The Sims 3 was very exciting at first. With all the news about it, and the advertising, it sounded pretty good. The idea of a seamless neighborhood is amazing! Unfortunately though, the seamless neighborhood isn't complete. You arn't allowed to follow your sim inside stores, restaurants and other buildings. The building creator is worse too. You can't build stores anymore, which was one of my favorite features of the sims 2. It gets worse. There is only 1 playable neighborhood, and you can't create your own! Changing families is a drag too. It is a lot of work, as you have to go to the new"town editor" and deselect your family. On the other hand, you can walk around town, which is fun for a while, and the Create a sim has a lot of new great features. The seamless neighborhood is great too, if you dont consider what I wrote about the public lots. If they make a Sims Box like they did for sim city(we all know why ea did that) then you might have fun with the sims 3 for a few days. I recommend that you stay with the Sims 2 for now. Expand
  7. Aug 23, 2011
    Okay, so I am huge fan of the sims series, but this version, has pros and cons. More cons than pros.
    Pros:
    Seamless neighborhoods -This was a very nice touch, adding realism. More skills -The skills give you more stuff to do when your not working--very rare occasion. Now onto the cons: Unrealistic: the first two were meant to simulate a real family, and they did, very nicely. But this
    Pros:
    Seamless neighborhoods
    -This was a very nice touch, adding realism.
    More skills
    Now onto the cons:
    Unrealistic: the first two were meant to simulate a real family, and they did, very nicely. But this version, personalities seem, just, off.
    Very slow: not just loading screens, which are terrible, but also game time, it takes forever to do remidial tasks, such as eating sleeping cleaning.
    Jobs: your working all day everyday, and your out of energy by the time you get home, and when you wake up, your late for work.
    Strange personalities: something just doesn't seem right about their personalities, they all seem really dull and sad alot of the time.
    Horrid AI: set the Free Will to max, and they will die of starvation. It seems that the AI system in this version was downgraded.
    So thats about it. EA seems to be becoming the next Activisio, caring about money more than quality.
  8. Mar 3, 2012
    The Sims 3 is a brave attempt at trying to make the series head in a new direction and appeal more to actual gamers but by doing so might end up not satisfying either camp.
  9. AndrewS
    Jun 18, 2009
    A really fun game - That is if you don't factor in the crashing that thousands of people who absolutely meet the mininum requirements are experiencing (EA has yet to create a path for this... big surprise...), EAs attempts at taking your hard earned cash with overpriced downloadable items. Oh and don't forget the $200 worth of expansions that will be coming soon to slow down A really fun game - That is if you don't factor in the crashing that thousands of people who absolutely meet the mininum requirements are experiencing (EA has yet to create a path for this... big surprise...), EAs attempts at taking your hard earned cash with overpriced downloadable items. Oh and don't forget the $200 worth of expansions that will be coming soon to slow down your CPU. Your game wont be complete without them! Other than that though... its a fun game. Expand
  10. TimJ
    Sep 6, 2009
    Probably one of the only games that is fun without any kind of violence. But I must add that I am a bit disappointed by this game. I expected a lot more, they made the trailer look so much cooler than the actual game. Yeah, there are a lot more customizing options and new features but I dont see much difference from the Sims 2 apart from the slight improvement in graphics and the fact Probably one of the only games that is fun without any kind of violence. But I must add that I am a bit disappointed by this game. I expected a lot more, they made the trailer look so much cooler than the actual game. Yeah, there are a lot more customizing options and new features but I dont see much difference from the Sims 2 apart from the slight improvement in graphics and the fact that you can walk around the city without a loading screen. Verdict : Good game but could be better. Expand
  11. JonB
    Dec 20, 2009
    Not as good as Sims 2. But it's a great game. It's just that Sims 2 is a really, really great game.
  12. Feb 21, 2012
    First off let me state: I never played Sims 2. I've played sims 1 and all the expansions and that's it. I have heard from various people that Sims 2 was better - I can't comment to much on that, but I will state what I like about this game, and others can tell me (or if you already played sims 2 and know) if sims 2 had some of the features I liked or not. I will of course also express someFirst off let me state: I never played Sims 2. I've played sims 1 and all the expansions and that's it. I have heard from various people that Sims 2 was better - I can't comment to much on that, but I will state what I like about this game, and others can tell me (or if you already played sims 2 and know) if sims 2 had some of the features I liked or not. I will of course also express some of my dislikes.

Sim Personalities: The whole neat, active,nice point system they had before is gone. To give your sims personality in this game you select traits and that drives them. you can select 1-5 traits, and some of them can't be combined because they contradict each other.
    I love this over the previous system. I really feel my sims are getting personality, and in the old system I didn't because I was spending to much time trying to fulfill needs. Which brings me to the second part.

Sim Looks: Unfortunately there aren't as many choices here as I was hoping. There aren't many hairstyles in the vanilla game, and not many clothes or anything for that matter. HOWEVER the details can be customized to an extent that you have many options. While your limited by your hair style, it can be any color you like, and if you wanted, you could make your sim have steel hair or whatever other material you like. So your limited in your styles, but the materials and colors can be anything. Needs: Your sims aren't as needy in this game as they were previously, the values seem to be slower, and can be somewhat counteracted by your mood, which can have several bonuses, so that even if your hungry and stinky, your still in a good mood because your listening to music and received a promotion... etc. I find this realistic as well, since people in real life can be in a good mood even if they are hungry and need to go to the bathroom. It also allows you to focus on other goals such as skill building or making enough friends, or whatever. In the sims 1, I spent my entire time trying to put my sim in a good mood - even to the point of cheating for money to get better items, and I still didn't have enough time to make any friends to advance my career. Perhaps I was bad at the game... all I know is that the sims 3, allows me to have more fun and focus on several goals.

The neighborhood: Compared to the sims 1, a definite improvement. There are a lot more pre-made sims to either play as or interact with your creations in the neighborhood and they were very creative with the houses that they all live in. You can also do things like seduce a rich wife, then kill them and their family so that your sim can have a much nicer place to live without having to earn money the "hard way" also better is that you don't feel trapped inside your house with your sim, People are constantly passing by and certain characters that you couldn't interact with in the sims 1, you can in the sims 3, such as the mailman, or repairman. Some of them might even turn out to live right next door! Very fun.
    if you let your sim do so, they will wander around the town as well, which gives a much more lively game than before.

Aging: This is new, but fortunately customizable. They can't quite live forever, but you could slow down the aging process to a degree that would probably take you a year or two of solid playing to kill them from old age. You can also speed it up to the point where one day your a baby, and the next your young kid. If this weren't customizable I would have hated it. As is, I love it.

Steam: It requires Steam-play. This a negative to me, because steam requires internet which of course means if your traveling, or have no internet for whatever reason you can't play. The Sims 3 shouldn't NEED internet to play. However... this might be more or a problem with Steam than with The Sims itself. Just mentioning for the sake of those who may have thought it can be played offline.

another negative is that the graphics from the sims 2 haven't improved much. Personally though I think of it as a positive, since I don't play The Sims for the graphics, and it means comps with lower specs can handle it.

Camera angles can be horrid at times, and can take quite a while to transfer from one sim to the other - even the sims 1 had better camera angles in my opinion!
  13. Nov 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I find myself envious of the people in Sims 3.
    Those little guys can make mac and cheese perfectly after only watching TV for a few minutes.
    What station are you tuning into man? I see some spiced pork dish or tagine pop up from time to time but never a good mac and cheese recipe.
    I'm going to have to have toast again tonight aren't I...
  14. billp
    Jun 20, 2009
    It feels a little rushed, but other then that its a nice upgrade to the sims2 just don't expect to see the same game, the openness is rather cool but it is also disappointing when you can only have one Famaly in the city that you own.
  15. Jul 12, 2012
    Would hate to flame on this game, but the DLC is overpriced and I don't see what else it brings but a few new features that could easily be implemented with free items you can find online. Gameplay does get quite tedious after about 10 hours and I have never played the game since.
  16. Mar 17, 2011
    While I lost interest in this series a long time ago the game is most defiantly improved, as i played this I noticed far more complexity, customization, exploration and in general things to do. For a game that gives you a fake life all of these are good things.

I was however upset that it had almost no free downloadable content i remember SCORES of free and high quality down lodes on 2 all made by the community I belive this game came out some time ago (Though I do not know i was not on my PC like i say i lost interest in the series long ago) but if it has i would think the community is eater unimaginative or the tools are no longer simple enough to use which is a shame because the astounding thing about 2 is you cold have anything you wanted from werewolves to charters from LoTR the only thing that i can find now is custom floor and wall tiles which while nice is just not the same.
  17. Aug 3, 2012
    The Sims 3 is a fine game, which offers fun for a long time. You can customize your character a lot and most settings have a great influence on your charcter's behaviour during gameplay. If you liked sims 1 and 2, you might like this one. The only problem is:
    The game is very buggy. The developers seem to focus mostly on adding new objects that you can buy ingame and then tell everyone on facebook about instead of fixing bugs. Especially since the animal update sims get stuck, become invisible, can't be selected, can't enter or leave areas.... any bug you can think of will probably at one point happen to you. The forums online are full with people complaining about bugs, that exist for a long time with no fix. Also the performance of the game is quite bad, considered its graphics that look only little better than sims 2. On my machine battlefield 3 runs smoothly at high settings and sims 2 on the same machine feels laggy when zooming in an out, the fps drop to about 8 when scrolling and often textures are loaded badly. I already had to delete to families because of unfixable bugs. Another gameplay issue: you can do lots of cool thinks, like exploring caves or going to the movies, but each time your sim just is gone for 2 game hours and the reappears with a pop up bubble saying "that was so much fun!" while you could only stare at your screen and wait for your character to come back. You can not influence anything during this time outs and the get old quickly.
    If you can live with bugs and bad performance and just like to create your sim and then build a fancy house, you will be fine with the game. But if you want both fun and stability, sims 3 isn't the game to go for.
  18. Jan 22, 2013
    The game's content is nearly flawless, but it is full of bugs and was VERY poorly optimized. Even with a high-end PC the game requires about 10 minutes to load (launching the game + loading saved games), and about 1-2 minutes to save or quit. After about 20+ hours of play time the game becomes riddled with bizarre lag which renders the game nearly unplayable. This lag problem hasn't beenThe game's content is nearly flawless, but it is full of bugs and was VERY poorly optimized. Even with a high-end PC the game requires about 10 minutes to load (launching the game + loading saved games), and about 1-2 minutes to save or quit. After about 20+ hours of play time the game becomes riddled with bizarre lag which renders the game nearly unplayable. This lag problem hasn't been dealt with by EA at all (despite a 50 page thread about it on their website), but an unofficial mod partially fixes the problem... In addition, my Sims vanish/teleport randomly around the town, and the UI (rarely) becomes invisible. Expand
  19. Apr 13, 2015
    The Sims 3 is a really fun game, in my opinion its better then the Sims 4. It always had a special place in my heart. The only i really dislike about the game is that you have to buy expansion packs to get more which is annoying
  20. Jan 18, 2014
    I'd have to grade on the curve of its predecessor, The Sims 2, quite a bit here, as The Sims 3 was an arbitrary reinvention while The Sims 2 still had some years left in it.

The main feature of TS3 is the living neighborhood, followed closely by the traits system which allows one to create varied Sim personalities. I believe this was previously done with a motives system, which has been carried over to The Sims 3.

However, the new features caused the developers to sacrifice key elements of gameplay from The Sims 2, like the Memories system and well developed game progression. The Sims 3 functions less like a game or an art studio (making screenshots and stories was much easier in TS2), TS3 behaves like an open world sandbox simulator. There's very little love or detail to any one aspect of the game, and like many open world games, its variety, more often than not, means a host of bugs, glitches, and limited fix patches (if any).
    Indeed, glitches and horrible memory leaks from the game's launch are still present in the game, along with all the bugs and gltiches added with each new expansion.

The art style is sterile and lifeless. Characters seem to have no emotion. The traits system is rarely used, sometimes effecting character idle actions, desires, and certain interaction, but the developers constantly made oversites in preparing the traits. For example, a technophobe hates it when a television is on, but he's more than happy to use a smart phone or listen to an electronic radio. Sims with the 'Good' trait can do little other than send donations to charity. Insane Sims do little outside of idle interactions, where they talk to themselves or play with a brick. Very unimaginative.

The aging and story progression system is appalling. Not enough options are given, and what options are there do not work properly. If I say 'all story progression off', my Sims will still have affairs and relationships, adopt kids and animals, buy cars, get jobs, etc. Neighborhood aging can't be turned off with the house selected still being on, so if I just want to play with one family while making the neighborhood static, I can't do that. If I want full free will, full story progression, sadly the developers haven't programmed that! Sims will not get married and have children. Slowly all of your unplayed Sims will die off and be replaced by their adopted children or random NPCs.

The cheat system is also very lacking. In The Sims 2, one had the 'Tombstone of Life and Death' where they could kill sims, make sims related to eachother, make them married, make them pose in whatever way you want. There's NOTHING like that in TS3. There's not even a mod that does all these things well.

Creating Sims is better, but there's still no height adjustments, or other body size adjustments, so you'll never really be able to make anyone who's shorter or taller than 5'8. Architecture is totally scrapped. In The Sims 2, the architecture system was so avante gard, it was used in place of architectural programs. TS3 simplifies house building, taking out stuff like dormers, certain roof types, and other specifications.

The base game is rather bare-bones. You have careers, sim interactions, and collectibles. Not really anything beyond that. All in all, its a fairly large game with lots of Facebook-game-like stuff to do, and tons of unloved DLC disguised as expansion packs. If you can get over the graphics and world play differential, get The Sims 2 instead. Its a much more well put together, fun, and creative experience.
  21. Jul 22, 2013
    Sims 3 improved so much from Sims 2. The graphics are cartoony and uplifting, the new open neighborhood and lifetime wishes and how it affects your sim. However, EA purposely handicapped the game so they could make more money from expansions! There isn't even weather in the base game! Overall, a good game but lacks features just for the sake for making extra money via expansions.
  22. Jan 1, 2014
    I've always been a fan of The Sims I bought all the Sims 1 & 2 accessories and expansions Once I got Sims 3 immediately be installed and turned on I was disappointed Already during the construction mode, I saw a very truncated options Ok building has been done very well but taking many models wallpapers, carpets floors, stairs roofs, and so on for the expansions was somethingI've always been a fan of The Sims I bought all the Sims 1 & 2 accessories and expansions Once I got Sims 3 immediately be installed and turned on I was disappointed Already during the construction mode, I saw a very truncated options Ok building has been done very well but taking many models wallpapers, carpets floors, stairs roofs, and so on for the expansions was something terrible The creators made ​​it so that they can then spend a lot of expansions and accesories To me it's not fair and a lot of things that were in the expansions should be in the base game Lifestyle done flawlessly The same goes for exploring the city WITHOUT CHARGE SCREEN According to me this is the greatest revolution Create a family gained only minor changes compared to The Sims 2 Of course, there also has been taken away a lot of clothes for expansions Many people say that the developers are doing so because they want to expansions player had to choose from. All Ok but why EA took so many things from the base game If it were not I'd give the game 10 Too bad EA Expand
  23. Apr 27, 2013
    Loved the game the first play through then it kinda dropped off for me. The expansions add a little spice and make me pick it up for another 2 to 3 hours but then it drops off again. Still love the idea this game presents and it has always brought the personal feeling of living one's life through a game to me. Great game and has always been a great concept. The pay for content was kindaLoved the game the first play through then it kinda dropped off for me. The expansions add a little spice and make me pick it up for another 2 to 3 hours but then it drops off again. Still love the idea this game presents and it has always brought the personal feeling of living one's life through a game to me. Great game and has always been a great concept. The pay for content was kinda iffy for me, I understand the reasoning but it kinda made me mad that after spending on the game i now have to spend on a certain lamp or chair I want. Silly but sometimes could be the deciding factor of if someone buys the game or not. Solid 7/10 Expand
  24. Feb 22, 2014
    The Sims series has been known for it's addictive, and fun gameplay. Many, many hours have been spent by people creating the perfect house and perfect sim family. With all the expansions and stuff packs released now...it's surprising that there are still so many bugs in this game! I have a high end PC so I don't have graphics issues or anything, but I am shocked sims still have pathThe Sims series has been known for it's addictive, and fun gameplay. Many, many hours have been spent by people creating the perfect house and perfect sim family. With all the expansions and stuff packs released now...it's surprising that there are still so many bugs in this game! I have a high end PC so I don't have graphics issues or anything, but I am shocked sims still have path finding issues and that some items simply do not work. For a series that is now 14 years old you'd think those things would have been cleared up quite some time ago. That being said, the game is a load of fun, and the online community is great. Hopefully sims 4 fixes issues that have been persistent since the the first entry in the series. Expand
  25. Jul 21, 2013
    The Sims 3 seem like a pretty cool game if it ever loads. The more content you download to it the slower it will go. Other than that it's a pretty good game to play.
  26. Aug 12, 2014
    I'm a fan of tycoon games, but not a big fan of EA's "Sims" franchise. It's fun for a while. Creating people and directing their everyday lives is enjoyable for an hour or two, but when that's all you do, it becomes tedious at best. It's not great, and it's not terrible, it just is. If you liked the "Sims 2", no doubt you will like this latest installment. If you're not a fan of EA'sI'm a fan of tycoon games, but not a big fan of EA's "Sims" franchise. It's fun for a while. Creating people and directing their everyday lives is enjoyable for an hour or two, but when that's all you do, it becomes tedious at best. It's not great, and it's not terrible, it just is. If you liked the "Sims 2", no doubt you will like this latest installment. If you're not a fan of EA's franchise, you need not apply. Expand
  27. Sep 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pra mim foi um The Sims inferior aos outros. E não apenas por causa dos bugs não. Mas porque os sims não têm vida, são robóticos, o jogo é muito mal otimizado. As cidades são mortas, não há ninguém na rua. Mas não significa que ele é um jogo ruim, ele adicionou coisas legais como "Criar Um Estilo". Enfim, um jogo não tão bom,mas jogável. Expand
  28. Sep 8, 2014
    Aaaaah, I remember hours and hours and hours(!!!) of playing this game. Sometimes I was the happiest person on the world, sometimes the saddest one when my sim died. I highly recommend buying TS3 in sales with some expansion packs which will cost a lot because they are as expensive as the game by itself, but still. Yes, the game has bugs... LOTS of bugs, but they usually show when yourAaaaah, I remember hours and hours and hours(!!!) of playing this game. Sometimes I was the happiest person on the world, sometimes the saddest one when my sim died. I highly recommend buying TS3 in sales with some expansion packs which will cost a lot because they are as expensive as the game by itself, but still. Yes, the game has bugs... LOTS of bugs, but they usually show when your computer is weaker or you have like ten generations of one family. Anyway, enjoy playing, it's great! Expand
  29. Nov 2, 2014
    If you like controlling people and picking their every action, this game is your game.
    However if you get bored with the Vanilla/Base, many expansion packs are there to rescue the day! Or waste your money...
    But overall, the game is very enjoyable.
  30. Apr 25, 2015
    an ok game to a ok game series. its better then 1 but not as good as the second game. there are some bad things about this game but all around it was ok.
  31. Feb 17, 2016
    The Sims 3 only appeals to a small audience and is a very slow paced and boring game to endure. In theory this this game sounds like it would pretty fun but when you get into it you dont have many things to do and i often find myself skipping through a big chunk of the day so i can do something later. I realize i am not exactly the right kind of gamer to enjoy this but it seems like onlyThe Sims 3 only appeals to a small audience and is a very slow paced and boring game to endure. In theory this this game sounds like it would pretty fun but when you get into it you dont have many things to do and i often find myself skipping through a big chunk of the day so i can do something later. I realize i am not exactly the right kind of gamer to enjoy this but it seems like only a child could enjoy. But this game does have some redeeming features such as the deep character customization and it was also kind of fun(and sometimes annoying) trying to multitask and fulfil my character's needs. Besides that this game is painfully boring and definitly worth a skip unless you a fan of this genre a games. Expand
  32. Mar 18, 2016
    Consider this game is the best Life-Simulation to date. You start a life by get a job and receive those payment for upgrade house, buy new stuffs and pay bills, of course. This maybe my best Experience in the Sims 3, You find a partner and she get pregnant. then your new child born. the baby become a toddler. to me, children is not my best interest. but in the Sims 3, it a littleConsider this game is the best Life-Simulation to date. You start a life by get a job and receive those payment for upgrade house, buy new stuffs and pay bills, of course. This maybe my best Experience in the Sims 3, You find a partner and she get pregnant. then your new child born. the baby become a toddler. to me, children is not my best interest. but in the Sims 3, it a little different. when they grew up, they also retain the look from their parent, like hair color and face shape. However, the game has bad AI. Sims simply don't run, like when they late at work. they simply just walk and that can take more than 30 minutes in game, consider your house has long enough walkway. some of the AI is bad enough to make you became annoyed and may want to kill them on purpose. the game will start to get boring, especially without new contents soon. Expand
  33. Aug 23, 2016
    Fraco, como sucessor do grandioso the sims 2, ele deveria vir com mais coisas, esta chato, nao esta engraçado, e o pior the sims de todos , simples assim
  34. Aug 31, 2016
    A okay sims game for a low price......................................................................................................................

1. A gallant return to form and takes a direction that breathes new life into a formula that is fast reaching a decade old.
  2. The Sims 3 has immense potential as upcoming expansions start rolling into high gear. And that’s what you’re really buying: A game of potential.
    The Sims 3 isn't a bad game, not in slightest, and too a different group of gamers this might be all they wanted, but for me this feels like a sequel that Will Wright had nothing to do with. There is no new magic, or amazing new idea that is going to re-imagine the whole series, it's just more and better stuff that we got in Sims 1.