7.6

1. geekgurly
    Jun 9, 2009
    I'm only giving it an 8 because there is a slew of items/articles/build sets that are not present in this installment. I really feel that Sims 3 should have had all the expansion pack items from the Sims 2 series as standard. It will be lame if I have to reacquire the same sets AGAIN for this series. That being said, I disagree with Lisa H that the graphics are not sharp on this I'm only giving it an 8 because there is a slew of items/articles/build sets that are not present in this installment. I really feel that Sims 3 should have had all the expansion pack items from the Sims 2 series as standard. It will be lame if I have to reacquire the same sets AGAIN for this series. That being said, I disagree with Lisa H that the graphics are not sharp on this game. (Note to Lisa H: change your graphics options, upgrade your GPU...the details look kickass on my pc so it can't be the game). Also like Andrew said, the grid is less restrictive. New things I love: you can place things at angles now [the lack of this feature sucked in the last games] and you can move anywhere on the map freely as well [i.e., to a neighbors house or community lots]. This added freedom makes the Sims 3 a whole new world worth exploring. Expand
  2. GrantZ
    Aug 23, 2009
    The Sims 3 is a really good game. Ignore the haters. The first notable thing has to be the create-a-sim, it's much more customisable and i found myself taking 30 minutes making my sim look exactly like my best friend, beauty spots are available and hair is fully changeable. When you start it is also amazing, i do advise you not to use cheats however, it takes almost all of the fun The Sims 3 is a really good game. Ignore the haters. The first notable thing has to be the create-a-sim, it's much more customisable and i found myself taking 30 minutes making my sim look exactly like my best friend, beauty spots are available and hair is fully changeable. When you start it is also amazing, i do advise you not to use cheats however, it takes almost all of the fun away from the game. Jobs earn you a lot less money this time, but more realistic, you don't need to reach skilll requirements to progress, a good relationship with the boss can be just as useful. Skills are better too. Charisma is the most challenging, ad you need loads of friends to reach level 10. All in all this game is perfect. GIve it a 10 if you're not gonna use cheats and and 7 if you do. Expand
  3. Jul 12, 2012
    Would hate to flame on this game, but the DLC is overpriced and I don't see what else it brings but a few new features that could easily be implemented with free items you can find online. Gameplay does get quite tedious after about 10 hours and I have never played the game since.
  4. Dec 25, 2013
    This game is one of the, if not the buggiest piece of crap I've ever played; Big rigs over the road racing is less buggy than this. Loading times are extremely long, even Train simulator can't come close to this. There's literally no reason why you should buy this waist of money! Don't buy it.
  5. XavierJ
    Jun 20, 2009
    You cant kill people, what a waste of time! Sure you can starve them to death, but simulated life isn't the same unless you can plan out a homicide.
  6. Nov 17, 2011
    Cant EA just learn? For real? We play the sims 2 so long and they release ALOT of expansions packs, we buy them for 20 dollars a piece, then they release the sims 3 without any content from the last. They need to learn. This game also is a discrase. The graphics are not as good as the sims 2, you cant enter stores (it shows the outside kind of like the urbz with clothing stores), it dontCant EA just learn? For real? We play the sims 2 so long and they release ALOT of expansions packs, we buy them for 20 dollars a piece, then they release the sims 3 without any content from the last. They need to learn. This game also is a discrase. The graphics are not as good as the sims 2, you cant enter stores (it shows the outside kind of like the urbz with clothing stores), it dont have pets (without expansions), you cant make towns, you cant have multiple familys per save, ETC. This sucks. I give it a 2 for effort. Expand
  7. Mar 28, 2012
    Glitches, lags and bugs:
    1. New "stitchless neighborhood" system seems fine at first, but is extremely laggy when used - textures sure like taking their sweet time to load (even on high-end systems)
    2. Bugs: objects from one floor above displaying (mid-air) on floors below, families losing their ID (making entire town unable to progress further) etc. 3. Pricy expansion packs, stuff
    Glitches, lags and bugs:

3. Pricy expansion packs, stuff packs and Sims Store content, while few of them actually cost as much;

4. Ridiculous building limitations

and many other things I don't want to describe (because it will take a couple of hours)

I rate 2 for the effort.
  8. LaurenG
    Jun 3, 2009
    I like the thought of The Sims 3, I waited and waited and placed mine on reserve. When I installed it, it totally took over my desktop. The EA download manager, wouldn't let my PC do anything. I had to uninstall that part of the game. When I finally got to play the game, the load screens are awesome that their isn't any. I don't like the fact you can't zoom in on the I like the thought of The Sims 3, I waited and waited and placed mine on reserve. When I installed it, it totally took over my desktop. The EA download manager, wouldn't let my PC do anything. I had to uninstall that part of the game. When I finally got to play the game, the load screens are awesome that their isn't any. I don't like the fact you can't zoom in on the town in the first part. Also the controls are crazy, I just liked the mouse in the Sims 2 that worked really well..now going from that to the keyboard, is nerve racking. The grafics are awesome, and the TVs in the houses are like watching your own. The cars have improved alot. No more crazy colors or stripes. The design your own is pretty cool. Besides the some falts that this game may have, i'm sure that their will be an expansion pack that will fix all the bugs and patch. Expand
  9. Jun 2, 2011
    The Sims 3 is an amazing game which gets better and better every time a new expansion is released adding new items new things and something that drags me pack to the game every time right now I'm prepping my family for Generations lol :)
  10. Feb 26, 2011
    I absolutely love this game, my Sims now feel as if they are apart of one large world rather than in some smll contained environment. The only complaint about this game I have is the facial customisation...... As much as I try. My sims all look fat. I hate it. I want The Sims 2 level of creation, not this wierd making your sims havedifferent body shapes all with a fat face...
  11. Mar 17, 2011
    While I lost interest in this series a long time ago the game is most defiantly improved, as i played this I noticed far more complexity, customization, exploration and in general things to do. For a game that gives you a fake life all of these are good things.

I was however upset that it had almost no free downloadable content i remember SCORES of free and high quality down lodes on 2 all made by the community I belive this game came out some time ago (Though I do not know i was not on my PC like i say i lost interest in the series long ago) but if it has i would think the community is eater unimaginative or the tools are no longer simple enough to use which is a shame because the astounding thing about 2 is you cold have anything you wanted from werewolves to charters from LoTR the only thing that i can find now is custom floor and wall tiles which while nice is just not the same.
  12. Aug 3, 2012
    The Sims 3 is a fine game, which offers fun for a long time. You can customize your character a lot and most settings have a great influence on your charcter's behaviour during gameplay. If you liked sims 1 and 2, you might like this one. The only problem is:
    The game is very buggy. The developers seem to focus mostly on adding new objects that you can buy ingame and then tell everyone on facebook about instead of fixing bugs. Especially since the animal update sims get stuck, become invisible, can't be selected, can't enter or leave areas.... any bug you can think of will probably at one point happen to you. The forums online are full with people complaining about bugs, that exist for a long time with no fix. Also the performance of the game is quite bad, considered its graphics that look only little better than sims 2. On my machine battlefield 3 runs smoothly at high settings and sims 2 on the same machine feels laggy when zooming in an out, the fps drop to about 8 when scrolling and often textures are loaded badly. I already had to delete to families because of unfixable bugs. Another gameplay issue: you can do lots of cool thinks, like exploring caves or going to the movies, but each time your sim just is gone for 2 game hours and the reappears with a pop up bubble saying "that was so much fun!" while you could only stare at your screen and wait for your character to come back. You can not influence anything during this time outs and the get old quickly.
    If you can live with bugs and bad performance and just like to create your sim and then build a fancy house, you will be fine with the game. But if you want both fun and stability, sims 3 isn't the game to go for.
  13. May 21, 2012
    I like Sims games Especially This One. Racing Higher Than Sims 2, People Vote High on THIS ONE!! Racing EVEN WAY HIGHER THAN SIMS 1, PEOPLE VOTE WAY HIGHER ON THIS ONE! If Only There Was A PSP version. :(((
  14. Jan 22, 2013
    The game's content is nearly flawless, but it is full of bugs and was VERY poorly optimized. Even with a high-end PC the game requires about 10 minutes to load (launching the game + loading saved games), and about 1-2 minutes to save or quit. After about 20+ hours of play time the game becomes riddled with bizarre lag which renders the game nearly unplayable. This lag problem hasn't beenThe game's content is nearly flawless, but it is full of bugs and was VERY poorly optimized. Even with a high-end PC the game requires about 10 minutes to load (launching the game + loading saved games), and about 1-2 minutes to save or quit. After about 20+ hours of play time the game becomes riddled with bizarre lag which renders the game nearly unplayable. This lag problem hasn't been dealt with by EA at all (despite a 50 page thread about it on their website), but an unofficial mod partially fixes the problem... In addition, my Sims vanish/teleport randomly around the town, and the UI (rarely) becomes invisible. Expand
  15. Mar 5, 2013
    This game is fun for the first few hours. Its great right up until the point when you realize, nothing you do in the game actually matters. I made a city with no police, no fire department, no medical, polluted drinking water, factory's and garbage dumps right next to homes, exc. and my City Was Still Successful. We had 110 crimes committed every day, 23 buildings burning down a day, 213This game is fun for the first few hours. Its great right up until the point when you realize, nothing you do in the game actually matters. I made a city with no police, no fire department, no medical, polluted drinking water, factory's and garbage dumps right next to homes, exc. and my City Was Still Successful. We had 110 crimes committed every day, 23 buildings burning down a day, 213 people dyeing of sickness a day, and the city was making over 12 thousand dollars an hour. You cant lose this game. Its impossible. 4/10 for being unloseable. Expand
  16. Jul 19, 2013
    sims 3 is the worst performance ive had with a pc game, this is daylight robbery i wil not be buying anything from this franchise ever again i thought they would have updated patched these issues by now......total and utter rip off its unplayable
  17. Mar 26, 2014
    Any positive qualities of this game are completely nullified by the sheer layout of the game. The Sims creators have always been a little friendly with putting out "expansions", but with The Sims, your entire experience is modular. When you buy The Sims 3 you're essentially just purchasing the bare-bones engine, and everything else is either an expansion or an in-app purchase featuringAny positive qualities of this game are completely nullified by the sheer layout of the game. The Sims creators have always been a little friendly with putting out "expansions", but with The Sims, your entire experience is modular. When you buy The Sims 3 you're essentially just purchasing the bare-bones engine, and everything else is either an expansion or an in-app purchase featuring in-game currency (Simoleons) which you can purchase using real money and then use to purchase in game items.

Everything you want to play in The Sims 3 is something you're going to have to buy piecemeal, and we've put up with it for a long time because we wanted the game we loved. Sometimes I feel the game we loved is still in there, but if you want it, you're going to have to pay a much higher price tag than what's actually advertised.
  18. May 17, 2014
    It's a good concept but the game felt dated, and most of The Sims 3 content you have to pay extra for so unless your willing to invest at least $60 this game feels very incomplete and lacking on content.

Although Sims 3 doesn't live up to my expectations I will get The Sims 4 when it comes out later this year that way I can get the expansions as they come out.
  19. Nov 16, 2014
    A beautiful open-world game that can be replayed over and over again. Create-a-Sim is fun and living out a life as yourself (or someone made up) is totally amazing.

I never managed to bother with many of the expansion packs simply because they were overpriced and looked dull but the base game was fun enough.
  20. Apr 13, 2015
    The Sims 3 is a really fun game, in my opinion its better then the Sims 4. It always had a special place in my heart. The only i really dislike about the game is that you have to buy expansion packs to get more which is annoying
  21. May 12, 2013
    This game when first released created a lot of excitement for me. The large maps where the Sims can freely walk around, improved graphics, a large user base, and plenty of options to let your imagination run wild. As expected, tons of expansions were added along with store-bought items. Yes, this game is extremely expensive if you add it all up, and Maxis has made a boatload of money fromThis game when first released created a lot of excitement for me. The large maps where the Sims can freely walk around, improved graphics, a large user base, and plenty of options to let your imagination run wild. As expected, tons of expansions were added along with store-bought items. Yes, this game is extremely expensive if you add it all up, and Maxis has made a boatload of money from it. Now the end-of-life has arrived with another on the way. Yes, that means more expansions and nickel and diming you to death. This game gave me endless hours of fun, and if you are willing to open your wallet and spend a pretty penny to get the "maximum" fun from it, I highly recommend it. Expand
  22. Jan 18, 2014
    I'd have to grade on the curve of its predecessor, The Sims 2, quite a bit here, as The Sims 3 was an arbitrary reinvention while The Sims 2 still had some years left in it.

The main feature of TS3 is the living neighborhood, followed closely by the traits system which allows one to create varied Sim personalities. I believe this was previously done with a motives system, which has been carried over to The Sims 3.

However, the new features caused the developers to sacrifice key elements of gameplay from The Sims 2, like the Memories system and well developed game progression. The Sims 3 functions less like a game or an art studio (making screenshots and stories was much easier in TS2), TS3 behaves like an open world sandbox simulator. There's very little love or detail to any one aspect of the game, and like many open world games, its variety, more often than not, means a host of bugs, glitches, and limited fix patches (if any).
    Indeed, glitches and horrible memory leaks from the game's launch are still present in the game, along with all the bugs and gltiches added with each new expansion.

The art style is sterile and lifeless. Characters seem to have no emotion. The traits system is rarely used, sometimes effecting character idle actions, desires, and certain interaction, but the developers constantly made oversites in preparing the traits. For example, a technophobe hates it when a television is on, but he's more than happy to use a smart phone or listen to an electronic radio. Sims with the 'Good' trait can do little other than send donations to charity. Insane Sims do little outside of idle interactions, where they talk to themselves or play with a brick. Very unimaginative.

The aging and story progression system is appalling. Not enough options are given, and what options are there do not work properly. If I say 'all story progression off', my Sims will still have affairs and relationships, adopt kids and animals, buy cars, get jobs, etc. Neighborhood aging can't be turned off with the house selected still being on, so if I just want to play with one family while making the neighborhood static, I can't do that. If I want full free will, full story progression, sadly the developers haven't programmed that! Sims will not get married and have children. Slowly all of your unplayed Sims will die off and be replaced by their adopted children or random NPCs.

The cheat system is also very lacking. In The Sims 2, one had the 'Tombstone of Life and Death' where they could kill sims, make sims related to eachother, make them married, make them pose in whatever way you want. There's NOTHING like that in TS3. There's not even a mod that does all these things well.

Creating Sims is better, but there's still no height adjustments, or other body size adjustments, so you'll never really be able to make anyone who's shorter or taller than 5'8. Architecture is totally scrapped. In The Sims 2, the architecture system was so avante gard, it was used in place of architectural programs. TS3 simplifies house building, taking out stuff like dormers, certain roof types, and other specifications.

The base game is rather bare-bones. You have careers, sim interactions, and collectibles. Not really anything beyond that. All in all, its a fairly large game with lots of Facebook-game-like stuff to do, and tons of unloved DLC disguised as expansion packs. If you can get over the graphics and world play differential, get The Sims 2 instead. Its a much more well put together, fun, and creative experience.
  23. Jul 22, 2013
    Sims 3 improved so much from Sims 2. The graphics are cartoony and uplifting, the new open neighborhood and lifetime wishes and how it affects your sim. However, EA purposely handicapped the game so they could make more money from expansions! There isn't even weather in the base game! Overall, a good game but lacks features just for the sake for making extra money via expansions.
  24. Jan 1, 2014
    I've always been a fan of The Sims I bought all the Sims 1 & 2 accessories and expansions Once I got Sims 3 immediately be installed and turned on I was disappointed Already during the construction mode, I saw a very truncated options Ok building has been done very well but taking many models wallpapers, carpets floors, stairs roofs, and so on for the expansions was somethingI've always been a fan of The Sims I bought all the Sims 1 & 2 accessories and expansions Once I got Sims 3 immediately be installed and turned on I was disappointed Already during the construction mode, I saw a very truncated options Ok building has been done very well but taking many models wallpapers, carpets floors, stairs roofs, and so on for the expansions was something terrible The creators made ​​it so that they can then spend a lot of expansions and accesories To me it's not fair and a lot of things that were in the expansions should be in the base game Lifestyle done flawlessly The same goes for exploring the city WITHOUT CHARGE SCREEN According to me this is the greatest revolution Create a family gained only minor changes compared to The Sims 2 Of course, there also has been taken away a lot of clothes for expansions Many people say that the developers are doing so because they want to expansions player had to choose from. All Ok but why EA took so many things from the base game If it were not I'd give the game 10 Too bad EA Expand
  25. Dec 11, 2014
    Its so much better than Sims 4, and offers the etiquette of a good simulation game. Fun, addictive, many options and more options than Sims 4 gives more freedom possibilities than ever before. Nevertheless, its great and the best Sims game to date.
  26. Mar 21, 2013
    I simply love character customization. Sims 3 gave me what I wanted....I suppose, but everyone I made seemed to look just like the next guy. I loved making a variety of houses, parks, jobs sites, museums, galleries and much more. I felt as if I was building my own town, which I really loved. Moving your character around and making him eat food was less enjoyable but I did it a bit. ItsI simply love character customization. Sims 3 gave me what I wanted....I suppose, but everyone I made seemed to look just like the next guy. I loved making a variety of houses, parks, jobs sites, museums, galleries and much more. I felt as if I was building my own town, which I really loved. Moving your character around and making him eat food was less enjoyable but I did it a bit. Its really awesome if you use cheats and mods and lasts quite a while before you run out of things to do. I loved making different characters...you could make a police officer, a gourmet chef, a CEO, An anchorman etc. The only thing is despite it said "You are a CEO of a major corporation" You just didn't feel like it. You'd click your character and put him in a building and after a minute he'd leave and just stand there. If you were an athlete or pop star you could I suppose you were considered famous but otherwise...no. I had fun building and progressing, a bit frustrated and bored at times but that doesn't matter. It lasted a while. I'd recommend you buy it...at a lower price. Expand
  27. Apr 15, 2013
    I love the Sims 3. I love it. I have never played the Sims or the Sims 2 so I cannot compare the two.

I wanted to play a game where I could take control of someone's life and my friends recommended the Sims. It is very life like with many things you can do. The traits are unique and are plausible. Great game!!
  28. Apr 27, 2013
    Loved the game the first play through then it kinda dropped off for me. The expansions add a little spice and make me pick it up for another 2 to 3 hours but then it drops off again. Still love the idea this game presents and it has always brought the personal feeling of living one's life through a game to me. Great game and has always been a great concept. The pay for content was kindaLoved the game the first play through then it kinda dropped off for me. The expansions add a little spice and make me pick it up for another 2 to 3 hours but then it drops off again. Still love the idea this game presents and it has always brought the personal feeling of living one's life through a game to me. Great game and has always been a great concept. The pay for content was kinda iffy for me, I understand the reasoning but it kinda made me mad that after spending on the game i now have to spend on a certain lamp or chair I want. Silly but sometimes could be the deciding factor of if someone buys the game or not. Solid 7/10 Expand
  29. ERB
    Aug 2, 2013
    Best sims game ever and way more better than the past 2 sims game.First of all you can interact with everything which is good and second there are no game bugs.Yeah!I recommend you to buy this game and rate it.
  30. Feb 2, 2014
    Deeply disappointing game, a weaker version of the outstanding sims 2. First of all, the sims look dodgy, the sims 2 sims looked nice. The game is marred by constant loading screens which is very irritating. The ability not to design community lots is frustrating. You cannot design your own neighborhood which is awful. The super design method takes ages and is very tiresome. The sims 3 isDeeply disappointing game, a weaker version of the outstanding sims 2. First of all, the sims look dodgy, the sims 2 sims looked nice. The game is marred by constant loading screens which is very irritating. The ability not to design community lots is frustrating. You cannot design your own neighborhood which is awful. The super design method takes ages and is very tiresome. The sims 3 is basically a tiresome, dull schoolproject will very little fun at all. Expand
  31. Jun 21, 2014
    The Sims 3 Is the best simulation around, and this new addition takes the Sims to a whole new level. A walk able city with plenty of activities to endure. Although its lacking in content and some bugs the game is relaying heavily on the expensive expansion packs. All in all the Sims needs no introduction and I believe this installment takes the series to a whole new level. Can't wait forThe Sims 3 Is the best simulation around, and this new addition takes the Sims to a whole new level. A walk able city with plenty of activities to endure. Although its lacking in content and some bugs the game is relaying heavily on the expensive expansion packs. All in all the Sims needs no introduction and I believe this installment takes the series to a whole new level. Can't wait for more, EA you surprised me. Expand
  32. Jun 16, 2013
    The Sims 3 innovated my favorite franchise games.

Every generation of The Sims 3 are amazing, but The Sims 3 exceeded, the idea of ​​putting up a free city shipments is great, the soundtrack is beautiful, and the gameplay is great, lots of furniture and clothes, I think really cool city is not the best but it is more beautiful .... I'll give the game by a nine reasons: either the
    The Sims 3 innovated my favorite franchise games.

I'll give the game by a nine reasons: either the bugs.

but the game ta amazing I recommend.
  33. Feb 22, 2014
    The Sims series has been known for it's addictive, and fun gameplay. Many, many hours have been spent by people creating the perfect house and perfect sim family. With all the expansions and stuff packs released now...it's surprising that there are still so many bugs in this game! I have a high end PC so I don't have graphics issues or anything, but I am shocked sims still have pathThe Sims series has been known for it's addictive, and fun gameplay. Many, many hours have been spent by people creating the perfect house and perfect sim family. With all the expansions and stuff packs released now...it's surprising that there are still so many bugs in this game! I have a high end PC so I don't have graphics issues or anything, but I am shocked sims still have path finding issues and that some items simply do not work. For a series that is now 14 years old you'd think those things would have been cleared up quite some time ago. That being said, the game is a load of fun, and the online community is great. Hopefully sims 4 fixes issues that have been persistent since the the first entry in the series. Expand
  34. Jul 21, 2013
    The Sims 3 seem like a pretty cool game if it ever loads. The more content you download to it the slower it will go. Other than that it's a pretty good game to play.
  35. Aug 5, 2013
    Great simulator with a great and easy game play. The game is really fun and most of people would play it for a long time. There's some problem like the working time. You can't see your sim while he's working so you wait and you wait until he finish. Same thing while your sim sleep. The house building is simply awesome. You can make homes that you like, the way you like it and its quite theGreat simulator with a great and easy game play. The game is really fun and most of people would play it for a long time. There's some problem like the working time. You can't see your sim while he's working so you wait and you wait until he finish. Same thing while your sim sleep. The house building is simply awesome. You can make homes that you like, the way you like it and its quite the same thing with the sims creation. The sims creation is really complete and realistic. You combine all this and it's make a great simulation game. You can also improve your game play by adding expansion to it. This make the game way better and it takes the game to a higher level. This game is great. Expand
  36. Aug 11, 2013
    The Sims 3 is one of those games that you must play in your life.
    You won't be disappointed: even if you try, you would not find a negative aspect.
    If you want to enjoy this game at the maximum of the possibilities, you have to play it with a very strong PC.
    Anyway, I think that it could be called a masterpiece!
  37. Sep 3, 2014
    I didn't play The Sims 3 when it came out in 2009 because I was still on the curve of The Sims 2, plus I wasn't convinced it could surpass its predecessor. However, after playing, this game exceeded my expectations. We can find lots of new features, especially the open world and create-a-style, a more complex gameplay and the best visuals of the series. I guess the main complaints I haveI didn't play The Sims 3 when it came out in 2009 because I was still on the curve of The Sims 2, plus I wasn't convinced it could surpass its predecessor. However, after playing, this game exceeded my expectations. We can find lots of new features, especially the open world and create-a-style, a more complex gameplay and the best visuals of the series. I guess the main complaints I have are the glitches, the rabbit holes and the need to have a good computer, plus the animation is too slow paced and recycled from the last base game. Other than that, great improvement.
    I don't think it's better than The Sims 2, maybe as good, but it's a very decent follow up of a great franchise.
  38. Nov 12, 2013
    You can get lost in this game for hours, no joke. I had to have someone bring this game down to me while I was living in Argentina just so I could play it. The possibilities are endless in the Sims and houses you can create. While the game does have bugs, they are easy to overcome. There are a few major bugs though. The game will freeze in the Create A Style mode and made it very difficultYou can get lost in this game for hours, no joke. I had to have someone bring this game down to me while I was living in Argentina just so I could play it. The possibilities are endless in the Sims and houses you can create. While the game does have bugs, they are easy to overcome. There are a few major bugs though. The game will freeze in the Create A Style mode and made it very difficult to play. Also, your Sims will get stuck on things and sometime even vanish. A still very fun game and a great improvement over the last one, especially with the faces. Expand
  39. Oct 23, 2013
    Sims 3 is a freaking joke. At first, I bought into it because I'm a big fan of Sims since the first series, but I've become so upset and disappointed by Sims 3. They make you buy almost everything from their store that was already included in other Sims game expansions, or make you wait for what seems to be promising expansions like Island Paradise or Supernatural. EA has become more andSims 3 is a freaking joke. At first, I bought into it because I'm a big fan of Sims since the first series, but I've become so upset and disappointed by Sims 3. They make you buy almost everything from their store that was already included in other Sims game expansions, or make you wait for what seems to be promising expansions like Island Paradise or Supernatural. EA has become more and more of a cash cow when it comes to Sims. I've spent so much money on Sims 3, just to get frustrated and disappointed with so many technical difficulties, including faulty Custom Content, faulty Store Content, and even supposedly outdated or unofficial mods or patches that screw up the entire game. I can't tell you how many times I've uninstalled game by game just to reinstall it all and start all over. I've downgraded to Sims 2 and I've had more enjoyment from that! Expand
  40. Oct 26, 2013
    Good game to play, great graphics, and no lags. I'm a Sims fan and this is my third game from the franchise. The first two being the original Sims and Life Stories. Huge improvement compared to its predecessor, where you have unrestricted access to other cities. I find myself spending at least an hour creating the houses to my taste, lol. The menus in Build Mode greatly improve, but mightGood game to play, great graphics, and no lags. I'm a Sims fan and this is my third game from the franchise. The first two being the original Sims and Life Stories. Huge improvement compared to its predecessor, where you have unrestricted access to other cities. I find myself spending at least an hour creating the houses to my taste, lol. The menus in Build Mode greatly improve, but might be a learning curve for those who were use to the previous version of the game. Expand
  41. Nov 26, 2013
    A very interesting game which can give you great feeling of achievement after playing for a while. Also those mods are good. Though there are still bugs every now and then.
  42. Jan 5, 2014
    This game let you let out your creativity and you have so much fun! It's like creating a new life for whoever you want! I recommend this game to anyone who is creative and like architectural things. I love this game!
  43. Jan 7, 2014
    Holy COW. What can I say? Not much, most of it has already been said! This game is great. If you wanna play it casually, go ahead! More story/video/photo driven? It's got that too! Wanna kill half the population off with cheats? ...Your choice, buddy. The only downside, which is why I have rated it 9, is that the mac support is appalling. The game constantly crashes yet on windows it runsHoly COW. What can I say? Not much, most of it has already been said! This game is great. If you wanna play it casually, go ahead! More story/video/photo driven? It's got that too! Wanna kill half the population off with cheats? ...Your choice, buddy. The only downside, which is why I have rated it 9, is that the mac support is appalling. The game constantly crashes yet on windows it runs perfectly fine. Of course, there are community fixes but seriously, EA and Maxis should be doing it, not us, the players, who just want to throw money at them for The Sims 4. Expand
  44. Feb 1, 2014
    Sims 3 is definitely not a bad game. There are a lot of options to handle the life of your sim, help him/her to get a good job or be the worst neighbor in the city. You will determine that sims 3 is a huge world with endless motivations and creations.
    Even the graphics are fine and a lot of options allow you to use the best adjustment for your computer. But in fact, the game does not run correctly. You can check it for yourself if you play the addon „island paradise”. Maybe you’re lucky and the game will work fine.
    My pc hardware is high end stuff, the performance excellent - it’s not the reason for sims 3 bad working. The game is especially in „island paradise” haunted by stuttering every 10 seconds: the trees still shaking in the wind but my sim people don’t move in no case.
    My searchings about the problems were pointless. A lot of other players are sharing the same problem and the only way you can fix it for a little time is to re-install the whole game and check if the bug will appear again.
    anyway- i finally spend much more money then i expect and i’m really angry to know about EA’s Business Model to sell unfinished games for the full price. As compared to another games supported by EA it’s horror. Sorry but i won’t buy a Sims game while the support and performance is so bad.
  45. Feb 9, 2014
    To start out with this review, I give this game a 9 because of the stupid updates and patches stuff that take over 3 hours to update SUCK! Also this game has a lot of restrictions, you can't make the sims EXSACTLY to what you want, but they are closer than the rest of the sims 1 and 2. I am a huge fan of the Sims, it's my favorite go-to game when I want entertainment. The Sims 4looks likeTo start out with this review, I give this game a 9 because of the stupid updates and patches stuff that take over 3 hours to update SUCK! Also this game has a lot of restrictions, you can't make the sims EXSACTLY to what you want, but they are closer than the rest of the sims 1 and 2. I am a huge fan of the Sims, it's my favorite go-to game when I want entertainment. The Sims 4looks like even more fun than this game but for now, buy this game to get a feel for these types of games! Minecraft I think is a lot like this game by being able to create many things and having your own world bit. Yet The Sims 3 is more realistic and just like your playing with dolls or something. (ignore what that last sentence was) I absolutely love is game soo much! I really recommend you buy it!!! Expand
  46. Mar 1, 2014
    This game is very fun, no question about it. It is also quite expensive, and as you will eventually discover, unplayably buggy.

On those last two points: 1) Don't pretend that the sims 3 is the $8 that you pay for it on sale. Getting the sims 3 means getting at least half the expansion packs. Think $200. If you're willing to pay that, you'll have a very fun game, if not, play

On those last two points:

1) Don't pretend that the sims 3 is the $8 that you pay for it on sale. Getting the sims 3 means getting at least half the expansion packs. Think $200. If you're willing to pay that, you'll have a very fun game, if not, play something else.

2) Many of the bugs are known to EA. There are community fixes available for some of them. EA has not implemented any of these fixes, but they have produced lots of expansion packs (with bugs of their own) instead.

What this means for you:
    Your save game WILL become corrupted. It is only a matter of time. If you made many copies, you may be able to go to an earlier backup, and use some of the community tools to delete the bugged object(s) that are making your game crash. (Bills/presents in the mail often make the game crash, unless you use a custom tool to wipe them from your save every so often). The bugs are not minor, they WILL destroy your game and render it unplayable.

The loading times are terrible. Expect to spend 5-10 minutes waiting for the game to start/load even with an ssd. EA knows that they are bad.. they even have a minigame you can play while all the loading happens! To contrast, WINDOWS boots and logs in in 15 seconds on the same computer.

The problem is that EA wrote the game very poorly. The algorithms used are inefficient. This was not obvious with just 'sims 3', however, every expansion pack adds content that the game needs to sort through. Add enough content (half the expansion packs) and the game will no longer function. Even on the fastest computers.

EA can (but won't) fix some of the outstanding bugs easily enough. They can't fix most of them without a full rewrite. Hopefully the sims 4 is that better rewrite.
  47. Mar 2, 2014
    Although not entirely realistic, there are many aspects of the game that make it enjoyable for many users. Apart from the occasional "woohoo", "try for a baby" and "kiss/make out" options on the game, I would suggest that it is suitable for fairly young viewers, and that the 12+ limit that is inflicted in the UK is well suited to the content of the game! Looking at the range of opinions ofAlthough not entirely realistic, there are many aspects of the game that make it enjoyable for many users. Apart from the occasional "woohoo", "try for a baby" and "kiss/make out" options on the game, I would suggest that it is suitable for fairly young viewers, and that the 12+ limit that is inflicted in the UK is well suited to the content of the game! Looking at the range of opinions of this game, I think it depends on yourself for whether or not you personally enjoy the game, and having been out for a while, the prices are more affordable and I thoroughly recommend that you give it a try!! Expand
  48. Mar 18, 2014
    One of the best games out there using just the simplest ideas: Create characters and control their life. The Sims series is amazing and number three is by far the best so far that i have played. The art/create style tool adds a whole new customization aspect to the game, its amazing. You can take any object (except fences and stairs) and make it look like almost any material you can thinkOne of the best games out there using just the simplest ideas: Create characters and control their life. The Sims series is amazing and number three is by far the best so far that i have played. The art/create style tool adds a whole new customization aspect to the game, its amazing. You can take any object (except fences and stairs) and make it look like almost any material you can think of and have any color in the entire color spectrum. The new opportunities system is a great addition and the lifetime rewards are awesome! Expand
  49. Apr 15, 2014
    A near-perfect masterpiece. It immerses you so deep into your "Sims" that it ruins your life until you decide to have a boyfriend or a girlfriend. The save system was not as good as the rest of the goodies., though.
  50. Mar 20, 2014
    I thought EA will made a very great breakthrough in the series, but I was very disappointed knowing that this version is very heavy and expensive.

The graphics are great, but the experience become sucks when it comes after one hour of gaming. I still prefer Sims 2 than this one.
  51. Nov 16, 2014
    All is fine, but not a lot of cheap additions - is a big negative. A good and a good life simulator. But, really, really a lot of extras that, if we take everything to pull out of the bag 10 times more than the base game The Sims 3.
  52. Jun 13, 2014
    I should not enjoy this game this much, I should not have sunk 300 hours into it, I should not have recreated my best friends, but I have, ad I keep going back. I don't like the philosophy of holding back a lot of features for dlc, but I can forgive it. The modding community made this even more special, especially nraas.
  53. Oct 23, 2014
    This is my go-to game when I have a new book to listen to, but I treat it as a building endeavor over the family thing. The sims are neat. The humor is an eyeroll. Example: the husband of my famous writer dies (from eating a bad jelly bean) and the grim reaper pulls out a smartphone to snap her picture before leaving with his ghost. It's cute in a not obnoxious kind of way.

The

The creative variety available here is bare none. Sims 3 includes a feature called "create a style". You can basically micromanage the design of any object in the game be it clothing, a microwave, or the siding on a house. The personalization and variety to the personal landscape here is thus endless and remains interesting.

CONS:
    -system resource guzzler
    -will overheat a weak laptop
    -still buggy with no autosave feature...so you must remember to save every hour
    -the sims themselves get old
    -do NOT try to get buy with a below recommendations system, sims 3 is a "heavy" game
    -ability to customize towns much outside of create a world just isn't there
    -ability to add new lots to an existing town is extremely hampered

PROS-
    -building a house
    -creating outfits
    -Create-A-World
    -create a style (redesign any object in game to customize its look)
    -edit town allows you to save your family and/or lot and insert it in a new town if you become bored with your old one
    -players can design clothes, hair, houses, etc and provide them for upload...for free! It's great to have this endless outlet for new things in your game
    -exploring your town can be fun

I tend to build, and just set queues on my families. I love create-a-world. I love testing my worlds. I have a tendency to work a family until the cash is enough to build the perfect, from scratch, house and then stop playing for months. That said, I've never encountered a "building" game I like more than Sims 3.

Audiobook always playing though :) Like I said, it's just good, solid fodder for your idle hands while reading a book.
  54. Aug 12, 2014
    I'm a fan of tycoon games, but not a big fan of EA's "Sims" franchise. It's fun for a while. Creating people and directing their everyday lives is enjoyable for an hour or two, but when that's all you do, it becomes tedious at best. It's not great, and it's not terrible, it just is. If you liked the "Sims 2", no doubt you will like this latest installment. If you're not a fan of EA'sI'm a fan of tycoon games, but not a big fan of EA's "Sims" franchise. It's fun for a while. Creating people and directing their everyday lives is enjoyable for an hour or two, but when that's all you do, it becomes tedious at best. It's not great, and it's not terrible, it just is. If you liked the "Sims 2", no doubt you will like this latest installment. If you're not a fan of EA's franchise, you need not apply. Expand
  55. Sep 4, 2014
    The Sims 3 is awful. It looked very promising, but it failed to deliver. The open world was a great idea, but it failed hard. The world was really dead, there was almost zero Sims in the community lots, doing nothing besides stand there.

The Sims looked are very robotic, the animations are very repetitive and exaggerated. Sims keep stopping when they're walking, they stop when they walk through doors, it's terrible. Routing system was lame. Teleport into the car was ridiculous.

The Sims 3 lacks life. Everything is so dead and robotic. CAS is ok, Create a Style was great, Build/Buy modes were ok too. But the gameplay wasn't fun at all. The Sims 2 was much more dynamic. The expansion packs helped TS3 a lot, but the base game was just unplayable.
  56. Sep 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pra mim foi um The Sims inferior aos outros. E não apenas por causa dos bugs não. Mas porque os sims não têm vida, são robóticos, o jogo é muito mal otimizado. As cidades são mortas, não há ninguém na rua. Mas não significa que ele é um jogo ruim, ele adicionou coisas legais como "Criar Um Estilo". Enfim, um jogo não tão bom,mas jogável. Expand
  57. Sep 8, 2014
    Aaaaah, I remember hours and hours and hours(!!!) of playing this game. Sometimes I was the happiest person on the world, sometimes the saddest one when my sim died. I highly recommend buying TS3 in sales with some expansion packs which will cost a lot because they are as expensive as the game by itself, but still. Yes, the game has bugs... LOTS of bugs, but they usually show when yourAaaaah, I remember hours and hours and hours(!!!) of playing this game. Sometimes I was the happiest person on the world, sometimes the saddest one when my sim died. I highly recommend buying TS3 in sales with some expansion packs which will cost a lot because they are as expensive as the game by itself, but still. Yes, the game has bugs... LOTS of bugs, but they usually show when your computer is weaker or you have like ten generations of one family. Anyway, enjoy playing, it's great! Expand
  58. Oct 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is an amazing Game to buy for the PC.The only reason this game does not get a 10 is because of stupid AI and the fact they give more importance to some particular needs. Expand
  59. Sep 17, 2014
    i have the sims 3 from sunset valley to isla paradiso and i want to say that this game rocks! i have many story, many supernatural story, many job story, affair story, many town setting story. the music is great, listening sims music doesn't make you dork at all.

i want to recommended this game for people who wants to know who they are: why they are born in this world? what kind music they prefer? what lifetime wish they want? what jobs suit them best? what trait are you?how to befriend someone? how to flirt your partner? how to get promotion? etc.

Surely you can not copy what you do on game to real world, there is always different of course but this game is like surface guiding and i love this game.
  60. Sep 20, 2014
    I've been playing sims 3 since 2009. And no matter how many games I play, if I stay away from my sim families too long I miss them. So I generally play for at least1 hour a week, much more in between waiting for other games to be released. Sims 3 is really worth playing especially with all expansions. It's still one of my all time favourite games. A game that has brought me endless fun andI've been playing sims 3 since 2009. And no matter how many games I play, if I stay away from my sim families too long I miss them. So I generally play for at least1 hour a week, much more in between waiting for other games to be released. Sims 3 is really worth playing especially with all expansions. It's still one of my all time favourite games. A game that has brought me endless fun and sometimes frustration, even when I have a lengthy break, it is a game I always return to.

It is not a game without problems, it suffered from being buggy and sims getting stuck and going missing leaving me with game breaking error codes, my game became unplayable until thankfully player mods fixed the game when EA couldn't or wouldn't.

Love the open world and that everything is customisable, you can build almost anything you can imagine in endless colours and styles, and make everything however you want, you can have a crazy green faced witch with a massive nose obsessed with making everything covered in a tartan pattern, the stories and scenarios you can have for your family is endless and only limited by your imagination.
  61. Sep 28, 2014
    Amazing game with lively characters and lots of places to go and things to do! Watch your characters transform into a virtual character as you control them to either go to a friend's and throw a party, or take a dip in the public pool. If you loved the Sims 2, this is the game for you!
  62. Sep 26, 2015
    OMG! Best Sims game ever! I liked the Sims Bustin Out and Sims 2 on consoles, but I didn't like how there wasn't a huge open world. Luckily, Sims 3 does full justice on that. It's a steal getting it for $19.99, with a very good expansion and the best stuff pack ever made. Highly recommended. Only downside is that trying to stop playing this game is like trying to stop doing a drug, so be careful!
  63. Oct 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A masterpiece coming out of the mouth of Electronic Arts. I was dumbfounded by this amazing machinery. The graphics are great, and the voices are clear, so you can hear them. Although there's a bit of graphic content such as WooHoo (sexual intercourse), it's all for the better side. I do think they (Sims) can be a bit annoying and/or dramatic sometimes, but they're only doing it so it's more realistic. During fires, Sims stand up and start to freak out. In real life, you don't always get out of your chair to have a pandemonium tantrum. Other than that, it's a perfect 5 Star game! Expand
  64. Nov 2, 2014
    If you like controlling people and picking their every action, this game is your game.
    However if you get bored with the Vanilla/Base, many expansion packs are there to rescue the day! Or waste your money...
    But overall, the game is very enjoyable.
  65. Dec 6, 2014
    The Sims 3 is the best life simulator out there so far. I have gotten personally so much enjoyment out of the game. But Maxis made way to many expansions for this game. The Sims really displays emotion and feeling that I have never seen in a game before. The load time is WAY TOO LONG. I would recommend this game but I would be cautious about buying any expansions because they often lead toThe Sims 3 is the best life simulator out there so far. I have gotten personally so much enjoyment out of the game. But Maxis made way to many expansions for this game. The Sims really displays emotion and feeling that I have never seen in a game before. The load time is WAY TOO LONG. I would recommend this game but I would be cautious about buying any expansions because they often lead to longer load times. Expand
  66. Dec 7, 2014
    Hard to believe there are only 85 negative reviews. I have a top of the line gaming system running win 8.1 and an older duo core system running win vista. Nothing but script errors, random game crashes, bugs, glitches, freezes, corrupted game saves, performance issues, you name it - THIS GAME HAS IT ALL... I'd expect this from a $10 Beta Steam game, not from a known company such as EA.Hard to believe there are only 85 negative reviews. I have a top of the line gaming system running win 8.1 and an older duo core system running win vista. Nothing but script errors, random game crashes, bugs, glitches, freezes, corrupted game saves, performance issues, you name it - THIS GAME HAS IT ALL... I'd expect this from a $10 Beta Steam game, not from a known company such as EA. Very poor programming and patch maintenance. My daughter was so excited to get the PC version of this game, I spend more time "fixing the game" than she does playing it. Very poor support and programming, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY...bottom line. Expand
  67. Oct 14, 2015
    The sims 3 stands out as the single best sims game ever created. The open world game style design is excellent as are it's customization features. Unfortunately this game requires a top of the line gaming pc to run at it's best and since it's an EA title good luck accessing the freaking servers to register your game and gain access to the player store! This game is one of the best thingsThe sims 3 stands out as the single best sims game ever created. The open world game style design is excellent as are it's customization features. Unfortunately this game requires a top of the line gaming pc to run at it's best and since it's an EA title good luck accessing the freaking servers to register your game and gain access to the player store! This game is one of the best things EA has ever done and as anyone with half a brain will tell you they have gone straight down hill ever since. If you have a high end PC then you should buy it right away but try to get it with all of the content packs during a sale so you can get the full experience for half or less of the ridiculously high price. I truly wish EA wasn't run by a bunch of simple minded greedy and cheap rejects. There could be so much done with a sims title if it were created by a competent game publisher.

Pros:

A large open world game system with lots to see and do.

Lots of customization options that allow you to build your dream home.

The size of your house is unrestricted and is limited only by your computer's limitations.

There are some cool content packs and even a DLC island where you can start a luxury resort.

If you can freaking access it the player store offers loads of unique custom items that you cannot get in game.

Cons:

It's an EA game and EA is run by incompetent pieces of **** so the sims 3 servers, The thing that a significant portion of the game's fun factor depends on. Can be impossible to access for some people for no reason and EA won't do a damn thing to fix it either. Because they're EA. And they only know how to be worthless greedy **** holes.

The system requirements are higher than most any other game you can think of. This game eats memory like a fat kid eats cake.

You need an expensive gaming pc with quality parts to run it at it's peak.
  68. Aug 23, 2017
    I've spent more time on this game than any game that i've ever played. Even more than Rome Total War. This game was practically living through my teenage life!
    I'm too tired to write an extensive review so here are some positive and negative:
    + Indescribable replayability. + Amazing graphics for it time, especially for it genre. + Very innovative for it time too, if i'm not wrong, it
    + Indescribable replayability.
    + Amazing graphics for it time, especially for it genre.
    + Very innovative for it time too, if i'm not wrong, it was the 1st semi-open world life simulation game.
    + Fun Fun Fun!

- Too buggy some times, especially in Isla Paradiso, you have to use MasterController and Overwatch Mod in order to play it smoothly.
    - Too many expansions, if you want a full experience like i do, you gotta pay a lot!
  69. Apr 25, 2015
    an ok game to a ok game series. its better then 1 but not as good as the second game. there are some bad things about this game but all around it was ok.
  70. Jul 16, 2015
    Sims 3 is an amazing game, that is very life like. I am looking forward to getting the new Expansion Packs. The amount of content is great. it feels like real simulation not the garbage what sims 4 is.

the open world should be in all sims games.
  71. Aug 5, 2015
    The possibilities are endless in this AMAZING game. It's one of those games that you play almost non-stop for about a month, leave for a few months and then repeat over and over again.
    The Sims 4 doesn't even hold a candle to the greatness of Sims 3
  72. Oct 1, 2015
    This is the best main Sims title that was made. The Sims 3 is very realistic and there's so much you can do with each Sim you control and that right there deserves every single credit it gets. Masterpiece!
  73. Dec 24, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Sims é um jogo muito especial. Mesmo com seus bugs irritantes, seus vários erros e com aqueles "The Sims 3 parou de funcionar", as suas qualidades superam TUDO! Todos os sistemas implementados são maravilhosos, mas dou destaque ao mapa. É um jogo que realmente vale a pena. Expand
  74. Feb 17, 2016
    The Sims 3 only appeals to a small audience and is a very slow paced and boring game to endure. In theory this this game sounds like it would pretty fun but when you get into it you dont have many things to do and i often find myself skipping through a big chunk of the day so i can do something later. I realize i am not exactly the right kind of gamer to enjoy this but it seems like onlyThe Sims 3 only appeals to a small audience and is a very slow paced and boring game to endure. In theory this this game sounds like it would pretty fun but when you get into it you dont have many things to do and i often find myself skipping through a big chunk of the day so i can do something later. I realize i am not exactly the right kind of gamer to enjoy this but it seems like only a child could enjoy. But this game does have some redeeming features such as the deep character customization and it was also kind of fun(and sometimes annoying) trying to multitask and fulfil my character's needs. Besides that this game is painfully boring and definitly worth a skip unless you a fan of this genre a games. Expand
  75. Mar 18, 2016
    Consider this game is the best Life-Simulation to date. You start a life by get a job and receive those payment for upgrade house, buy new stuffs and pay bills, of course. This maybe my best Experience in the Sims 3, You find a partner and she get pregnant. then your new child born. the baby become a toddler. to me, children is not my best interest. but in the Sims 3, it a littleConsider this game is the best Life-Simulation to date. You start a life by get a job and receive those payment for upgrade house, buy new stuffs and pay bills, of course. This maybe my best Experience in the Sims 3, You find a partner and she get pregnant. then your new child born. the baby become a toddler. to me, children is not my best interest. but in the Sims 3, it a little different. when they grew up, they also retain the look from their parent, like hair color and face shape. However, the game has bad AI. Sims simply don't run, like when they late at work. they simply just walk and that can take more than 30 minutes in game, consider your house has long enough walkway. some of the AI is bad enough to make you became annoyed and may want to kill them on purpose. the game will start to get boring, especially without new contents soon. Expand
  76. Jul 4, 2016
    Not as good as the 1st and not to nostalgic but this game has the best and most useful expansion packs and the game is more addicting than sims 2 and 4. I love this game!
  77. Jul 11, 2016
    The Sims 3 is a huge innovation to the series. Introducing way bigger neighborhoods (now fittingly called worlds) and an open world, living the life of someone else never felt so good. Plus, customization is greatly expanded. Create-a-Style allows you to customize pretty much everything in the game, including clothes, wallpapers and objects. Going back in time, the game introduces us toThe Sims 3 is a huge innovation to the series. Introducing way bigger neighborhoods (now fittingly called worlds) and an open world, living the life of someone else never felt so good. Plus, customization is greatly expanded. Create-a-Style allows you to customize pretty much everything in the game, including clothes, wallpapers and objects. Going back in time, the game introduces us to Sunset Valley, a town full of life and people. For the first time, you can visit other houses and easily make friends in community lots. From cradle to grave, make the life of your Sims worth it. The only bad thing about this game is how badly optimized it is, but despite that, it still manages to be amazing. Expand
  78. Aug 23, 2016
    Fraco, como sucessor do grandioso the sims 2, ele deveria vir com mais coisas, esta chato, nao esta engraçado, e o pior the sims de todos , simples assim
  79. Aug 31, 2016
    A okay sims game for a low price......................................................................................................................
  80. Dec 23, 2016
    500 euros for all DLC you must be kidding....I regret I bought this game...It's painful seeing people wasting their money and I feel really bad for you guys...Get your life back
  81. Apr 14, 2017
    On prend les mêmes et on recommence ! certes c'est sensiblement plus joli que le 2, ça charge bien plus vite, l'interface est améliorée et ces marionnettes débiles ne passent plus leur temps aux chiottes (encore que...) mais on s'emmerde toujours autant, la faute à la vacuité et l'inutilité totale du gameplay. Dans ce genre de jeux idiots, on préfèrera les DOA Extreme Beach Volley (justeOn prend les mêmes et on recommence ! certes c'est sensiblement plus joli que le 2, ça charge bien plus vite, l'interface est améliorée et ces marionnettes débiles ne passent plus leur temps aux chiottes (encore que...) mais on s'emmerde toujours autant, la faute à la vacuité et l'inutilité totale du gameplay. Dans ce genre de jeux idiots, on préfèrera les DOA Extreme Beach Volley (juste pour mater de la pouf' comme un otacul) même si ça reste aussi vide en fait.

Ce grand tamagotchi aurait davantage sa place sur une petite console portable que sur PC où il tente très maladroitement de se faire passer pour un jeu de gestion, même pas drôle. Simuler la vie du troupeau bêlant de consommateurs demeurés, non, c'était une mauvaise idée en fait.
  82. May 6, 2017
    Great open world, the only thing that is enjoyable here. But even that falls into crap due to forever loadings and constant lags. Lot's of bugs and glitches even on high end PCs. Not worth the full price at all. Maybe in future there will be a miracle and a PC that makes this game run properly.
  83. May 26, 2017
    good game i love the music in similish and there load of mods and cc content

ok thats the good

the cons

ea having it connect to orgin to boot the game up is annoying

sims 3 is a ram hog

sims 3 wont run on intell video card
  84. Jun 29, 2017
    The Sims 3 is a good game I play it on steam it runs well on my 4 gb computer.
    and ending on the 7/5/2017 most games are on sale I got the game for 5 bucks
    and 2 expansion packs for 10 bucks
  85. Aug 6, 2017
    Sims 3 is amazing! It's an older game so the graphics aren't amazing, but the variety to control your sims is great! It's such a good game that the only thing the Sims 4 does better is graphics. Now, this game is one point away from 10 points. My reason for that is because as usual, it's another game EA released unfinished and sold the rest of it in like ten, two dollar DLC packs, whichSims 3 is amazing! It's an older game so the graphics aren't amazing, but the variety to control your sims is great! It's such a good game that the only thing the Sims 4 does better is graphics. Now, this game is one point away from 10 points. My reason for that is because as usual, it's another game EA released unfinished and sold the rest of it in like ten, two dollar DLC packs, which really makes it feel like your missing out but that's alright because the Sims 3 does just fine without them. Expand
  86. Nov 11, 2017
    The life simulator perfection at it's finest.

The life simulator perfection at it's finest.

I like every single bit of the game - the world, CAS (although I think that the Sims 4 CAS is better, because you can just pick a body part on your sim by your mouse, and change it, for ex. you can just get your mouse on your sims stomach and get it fatter or skinnier), the house creator, the furniture, the clothes, and many more. You don't even really need to get CC for your sims, but if you want to - go ahead. :D

1. A gallant return to form and takes a direction that breathes new life into a formula that is fast reaching a decade old.
  2. The Sims 3 has immense potential as upcoming expansions start rolling into high gear. And that’s what you’re really buying: A game of potential.
    The Sims 3 isn't a bad game, not in slightest, and too a different group of gamers this might be all they wanted, but for me this feels like a sequel that Will Wright had nothing to do with. There is no new magic, or amazing new idea that is going to re-imagine the whole series, it's just more and better stuff that we got in Sims 1.