7.6

1. Jan 3, 2011
    Long story short, the game didn't work. I am so frustrated.
  2. May 28, 2011
    The Sims 3 is truly magnificent and an amazing peak highlight to the Sims franchise! With amazing visuals and graphics, it definitely pushes The Sims 2 to another level. Some might argue that the Sims actually look less like Sims now, but more human... which is a somewhat legitimate complaint. However, I believe it's a great improvement since they are not as abstract as they were before asThe Sims 3 is truly magnificent and an amazing peak highlight to the Sims franchise! With amazing visuals and graphics, it definitely pushes The Sims 2 to another level. Some might argue that the Sims actually look less like Sims now, but more human... which is a somewhat legitimate complaint. However, I believe it's a great improvement since they are not as abstract as they were before as figures.
    Also, the ability to just go through the entire town is simply great, and the ability to enter other people's houses immediately, makes the game so much more pleasurable.

Of course, the expansions will add all the things we've lost that we had accumulated in The Sims 2, so one can only get those and fully enjoy the Sims 3. Maxim managed the nearly impossible task of making a better game out of the almost perfect Sims 2.
    Amazing game!!!
  3. Dec 11, 2014
    Its so much better than Sims 4, and offers the etiquette of a good simulation game. Fun, addictive, many options and more options than Sims 4 gives more freedom possibilities than ever before. Nevertheless, its great and the best Sims game to date.
  4. Mar 3, 2012
    The Sims 3 is a brave attempt at trying to make the series head in a new direction and appeal more to actual gamers but by doing so might end up not satisfying either camp.
  5. Oct 25, 2013
    I enjoy the game for how life like the game is, and I never seem to get bored whenever i play it despite while most of the time the sims are either at work/school or sleeping.
  6. Jun 21, 2014
    The Sims 3 Is the best simulation around, and this new addition takes the Sims to a whole new level. A walk able city with plenty of activities to endure. Although its lacking in content and some bugs the game is relaying heavily on the expensive expansion packs. All in all the Sims needs no introduction and I believe this installment takes the series to a whole new level. Can't wait forThe Sims 3 Is the best simulation around, and this new addition takes the Sims to a whole new level. A walk able city with plenty of activities to endure. Although its lacking in content and some bugs the game is relaying heavily on the expensive expansion packs. All in all the Sims needs no introduction and I believe this installment takes the series to a whole new level. Can't wait for more, EA you surprised me. Expand
  7. ERB
    Aug 2, 2013
    Best sims game ever and way more better than the past 2 sims game.First of all you can interact with everything which is good and second there are no game bugs.Yeah!I recommend you to buy this game and rate it.
  8. Jun 8, 2012
    This game is great fun. There's so much to do in this compared to the Sims 3, plus much more easy to navigate. I love the addition of new things like Moodlets, Lifetime Wishes and Rewards and Wishes. Also, it's also overwhelmingly addictive. It's my favourite game of all time.
  9. Nov 17, 2011
    Cant EA just learn? For real? We play the sims 2 so long and they release ALOT of expansions packs, we buy them for 20 dollars a piece, then they release the sims 3 without any content from the last. They need to learn. This game also is a discrase. The graphics are not as good as the sims 2, you cant enter stores (it shows the outside kind of like the urbz with clothing stores), it dontCant EA just learn? For real? We play the sims 2 so long and they release ALOT of expansions packs, we buy them for 20 dollars a piece, then they release the sims 3 without any content from the last. They need to learn. This game also is a discrase. The graphics are not as good as the sims 2, you cant enter stores (it shows the outside kind of like the urbz with clothing stores), it dont have pets (without expansions), you cant make towns, you cant have multiple familys per save, ETC. This sucks. I give it a 2 for effort. Expand
  10. Nov 28, 2012
    the only thing that i always wanted on a Sims game was, Babies, create a real family and a family tree! The only reason i don't give it a 10 is not having split screen :( my sister and i used to play together on Sims 2. The interaction the new jobs and the mods for the game were excellent, Sims 3 is an epic game that provides long hours of play and fun creating Sims or families. And thethe only thing that i always wanted on a Sims game was, Babies, create a real family and a family tree! The only reason i don't give it a 10 is not having split screen :( my sister and i used to play together on Sims 2. The interaction the new jobs and the mods for the game were excellent, Sims 3 is an epic game that provides long hours of play and fun creating Sims or families. And the expansions were very good as well. Expand
  11. Sep 25, 2010
    The Sims 3 is great, however the disability to have pets really takes it down a notch. The expansion packs are also not the best. Much better than most of the other Sims games, however.
  12. Dec 31, 2010
    Just as advertised... the limit is your imagination. The Sims 3 is fun if you can keep thinking of interesting ways to make your sims interact in life. Create-a-sim was very well done, with clean menus and so many options (with more purchasable from the store). Performing actions in the game is simple, except that some are set to a near limitless time, such that your sim may end upJust as advertised... the limit is your imagination. The Sims 3 is fun if you can keep thinking of interesting ways to make your sims interact in life. Create-a-sim was very well done, with clean menus and so many options (with more purchasable from the store). Performing actions in the game is simple, except that some are set to a near limitless time, such that your sim may end up skipping school/work because the former action has not stopped. Building your home is probably the most annoying part of the game, some items fail to be placed in locations that seem logical, can be placed in mid-air, or are so insanely hard to make a spot for that you become frustrated. In all, The Sims 3 is a well polished game, but shows specks of tarnish here and there. Expand
  13. Nov 7, 2012
    How a company can make billions of real dollars by allowing people to pretend to live out a different life...Well it is brilliant. The Sims 3 is a very nice evolution of the game series. It is starting to fall into the category of love/hate with very little middle ground. The only thing that is missing is online multiplayer modes. If they figure out how to tackle that issue, they will takeHow a company can make billions of real dollars by allowing people to pretend to live out a different life...Well it is brilliant. The Sims 3 is a very nice evolution of the game series. It is starting to fall into the category of love/hate with very little middle ground. The only thing that is missing is online multiplayer modes. If they figure out how to tackle that issue, they will take over the world. Expand
  14. May 9, 2012
    The Sims 3 is a really good life simulator game, but not better than The Sims 2. The SIms 3 haves some cool extras like, exploring the city, new jobs etc. The graphics are better, but the gameplay no. I miss building my own shop, I miss visiting aliens, I miss their cool expansion. So, I'm giving a positive rating, 8 points.
  15. Aug 14, 2012
    A really impressive improvement from It's predecessor, and just addictive. The Sims 3 is a triumph of life simulator games, that not only take a huge step, but even perfected the genre. And, what's great for this game, is that you can explore the city without waiting to load,not like in The Sims 2. The exploration is so impressive and more realistic. Technically is great. It haves,A really impressive improvement from It's predecessor, and just addictive. The Sims 3 is a triumph of life simulator games, that not only take a huge step, but even perfected the genre. And, what's great for this game, is that you can explore the city without waiting to load,not like in The Sims 2. The exploration is so impressive and more realistic. Technically is great. It haves, however, some glitches that can be annoying, but still The Sims 3 doesn't lose It's charm. 94 out of 100 Expand
  16. Jul 25, 2012
    The Sims is one of the franchises that isn't drowning in the new wave of games, and continuously releases good and fun games. Playing the game, you do feel very much like you are living another life within the game. However, the franchise does need something soon to jolt it back into the life, otherwise it will inevitably die a slow death.
  17. Sep 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pra mim foi um The Sims inferior aos outros. E não apenas por causa dos bugs não. Mas porque os sims não têm vida, são robóticos, o jogo é muito mal otimizado. As cidades são mortas, não há ninguém na rua. Mas não significa que ele é um jogo ruim, ele adicionou coisas legais como "Criar Um Estilo". Enfim, um jogo não tão bom,mas jogável. Expand
  18. Feb 11, 2012
    The Sims 3 is an amazing game, that is very life like. I am looking forward to getting the new Expansion Packs. But I will agree that having no choice to have pets does kinda suck, and the graphics aren't the best. But this game will have you singing along to whatever Sim Language song is on the radio.
  19. May 12, 2013
    This game when first released created a lot of excitement for me. The large maps where the Sims can freely walk around, improved graphics, a large user base, and plenty of options to let your imagination run wild. As expected, tons of expansions were added along with store-bought items. Yes, this game is extremely expensive if you add it all up, and Maxis has made a boatload of money fromThis game when first released created a lot of excitement for me. The large maps where the Sims can freely walk around, improved graphics, a large user base, and plenty of options to let your imagination run wild. As expected, tons of expansions were added along with store-bought items. Yes, this game is extremely expensive if you add it all up, and Maxis has made a boatload of money from it. Now the end-of-life has arrived with another on the way. Yes, that means more expansions and nickel and diming you to death. This game gave me endless hours of fun, and if you are willing to open your wallet and spend a pretty penny to get the "maximum" fun from it, I highly recommend it. Expand
  20. Jan 1, 2014
    I've always been a fan of The Sims I bought all the Sims 1 & 2 accessories and expansions Once I got Sims 3 immediately be installed and turned on I was disappointed Already during the construction mode, I saw a very truncated options Ok building has been done very well but taking many models wallpapers, carpets floors, stairs roofs, and so on for the expansions was somethingI've always been a fan of The Sims I bought all the Sims 1 & 2 accessories and expansions Once I got Sims 3 immediately be installed and turned on I was disappointed Already during the construction mode, I saw a very truncated options Ok building has been done very well but taking many models wallpapers, carpets floors, stairs roofs, and so on for the expansions was something terrible The creators made ​​it so that they can then spend a lot of expansions and accesories To me it's not fair and a lot of things that were in the expansions should be in the base game Lifestyle done flawlessly The same goes for exploring the city WITHOUT CHARGE SCREEN According to me this is the greatest revolution Create a family gained only minor changes compared to The Sims 2 Of course, there also has been taken away a lot of clothes for expansions Many people say that the developers are doing so because they want to expansions player had to choose from. All Ok but why EA took so many things from the base game If it were not I'd give the game 10 Too bad EA Expand
  21. Jan 18, 2014
    I'd have to grade on the curve of its predecessor, The Sims 2, quite a bit here, as The Sims 3 was an arbitrary reinvention while The Sims 2 still had some years left in it.

The main feature of TS3 is the living neighborhood, followed closely by the traits system which allows one to create varied Sim personalities. I believe this was previously done with a motives system, which has been carried over to The Sims 3.

However, the new features caused the developers to sacrifice key elements of gameplay from The Sims 2, like the Memories system and well developed game progression. The Sims 3 functions less like a game or an art studio (making screenshots and stories was much easier in TS2), TS3 behaves like an open world sandbox simulator. There's very little love or detail to any one aspect of the game, and like many open world games, its variety, more often than not, means a host of bugs, glitches, and limited fix patches (if any).
    Indeed, glitches and horrible memory leaks from the game's launch are still present in the game, along with all the bugs and gltiches added with each new expansion.

The art style is sterile and lifeless. Characters seem to have no emotion. The traits system is rarely used, sometimes effecting character idle actions, desires, and certain interaction, but the developers constantly made oversites in preparing the traits. For example, a technophobe hates it when a television is on, but he's more than happy to use a smart phone or listen to an electronic radio. Sims with the 'Good' trait can do little other than send donations to charity. Insane Sims do little outside of idle interactions, where they talk to themselves or play with a brick. Very unimaginative.

The aging and story progression system is appalling. Not enough options are given, and what options are there do not work properly. If I say 'all story progression off', my Sims will still have affairs and relationships, adopt kids and animals, buy cars, get jobs, etc. Neighborhood aging can't be turned off with the house selected still being on, so if I just want to play with one family while making the neighborhood static, I can't do that. If I want full free will, full story progression, sadly the developers haven't programmed that! Sims will not get married and have children. Slowly all of your unplayed Sims will die off and be replaced by their adopted children or random NPCs.

The cheat system is also very lacking. In The Sims 2, one had the 'Tombstone of Life and Death' where they could kill sims, make sims related to eachother, make them married, make them pose in whatever way you want. There's NOTHING like that in TS3. There's not even a mod that does all these things well.

Creating Sims is better, but there's still no height adjustments, or other body size adjustments, so you'll never really be able to make anyone who's shorter or taller than 5'8. Architecture is totally scrapped. In The Sims 2, the architecture system was so avante gard, it was used in place of architectural programs. TS3 simplifies house building, taking out stuff like dormers, certain roof types, and other specifications.

The base game is rather bare-bones. You have careers, sim interactions, and collectibles. Not really anything beyond that. All in all, its a fairly large game with lots of Facebook-game-like stuff to do, and tons of unloved DLC disguised as expansion packs. If you can get over the graphics and world play differential, get The Sims 2 instead. Its a much more well put together, fun, and creative experience.
  22. Mar 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have played all sims so far, excepting the mobile ones and I can truly state that The Sims series is one of the few that really brings something new at every new titles. Sims 3 is a 2009 game, and the graphics are great, but not fantastic. There are a lot of things to do, building a house, keep a family and other many, but the movement, vocal and CAS items should be improved better. Also, I appreciate that there are lots of special and hidden things, as places, relations and characters. But there is a major problem: there are no special changes from The Sims 2, and here I'm talking about things specific only in gameplay. Nevertheless, The Sims 3 is a very important game in the sims franchise and therefor I give it an 8, rating it great. Expand
  23. Nov 30, 2013
    The only thing I find fun about this game is to make completely opposed personalities in the same household and see what happens, other than that this game is simply too boring and slow.

My background, I player Sims 1 a lot, I always liked it, so no, I'm not a "hater". First the game is badly programmed, filled with memory leaks that will lag your PC into oblivion, it took modders to

First the game is badly programmed, filled with memory leaks that will lag your PC into oblivion, it took modders to fix what EA should have done. The game is extremely slow to load even on a good machine and has lots of bugs, and not the glitchy type, gameplay breaking bugs.

Second the game gives such a low amount of personality options that you have to wonder, is this really a game about people and their interactions? No, its a game about repetitive cliches. Take almost any person you know, try to bring their traits and personality into the game, no can do, impossible, there's just no traits or combination of them to simulate most basic personalities.

Third, the engine makes a very poor job at handling the towns, and by very poor I mean, ridiculous bad, it makes choices that make no sense whatsoever. The mechanics design of most features of the game, including expansions is completely broken, in my opinion not because it would be hard for a computer to process, but, due to very bad game engine design which limits the game into pure boredom and repetition.

But not all his bad, like I said, there's some very few funny moments like seeing your next door crazy neighbor going through the trash at 3am. Building is also very nice and detailed.

This game is a nice "architect for children" simulation, other than that, avoid it.
  24. Apr 15, 2014
    A near-perfect masterpiece. It immerses you so deep into your "Sims" that it ruins your life until you decide to have a boyfriend or a girlfriend. The save system was not as good as the rest of the goodies., though.
  25. Apr 29, 2011
    Why is this a good game? Simple. It's the creativity and the freedom involved. You don't have to create a big, happy family. That's actually pretty boring, if you ask me. I'd rather have a guy who, um er.... has a bad hairdo, a purple beard, I'll make him a crappy loser and I'll make his kid, um, fat and charismatic. Maybe I'd like to do a Juvenile Detention Centre. If any one of theWhy is this a good game? Simple. It's the creativity and the freedom involved. You don't have to create a big, happy family. That's actually pretty boring, if you ask me. I'd rather have a guy who, um er.... has a bad hairdo, a purple beard, I'll make him a crappy loser and I'll make his kid, um, fat and charismatic. Maybe I'd like to do a Juvenile Detention Centre. If any one of the detentionees sets their oven on fire, they burn to death because it's their fault. The building tool is the best feature in the game. I can spend ages building an awesome house. It'll have five floors and a basement. It'll be old fashioned. Yeah... But, why are the cheat codes so unhelpful? Players cheat when they want to. In the Sims 2, you can change everything about your Sim, kill them instantly, gain rewards deliberatley and set a person to live in my family and kick them out easily. There's of course more, but bottom line is that the cheat codes are more like help codes... And the diabolical clipboard and the millions of menus you have to go through? Come on. That is unfair. Oh, and the camera s fairly annoying. The problems that the previous two games had were not fixed. How annoying is that? There's bugs and glitches aplenty. Those annoying flaws aside, there's something for everyone in The Sims , even the true hardcore gamers out there (hence the building part). 8/10. Expand
  26. May 17, 2014
    It's a good concept but the game felt dated, and most of The Sims 3 content you have to pay extra for so unless your willing to invest at least $60 this game feels very incomplete and lacking on content.

Although Sims 3 doesn't live up to my expectations I will get The Sims 4 when it comes out later this year that way I can get the expansions as they come out.
  27. Oct 26, 2012
    The Sims series makes its first venture in a new direction now that it was abandoned by Maxis. With EA at the helm, plenty of new and excellent features have been introduced. Your Sims now inhabit a cohesive town, free of loading screens. Furthermore, all your Sims age simultaneously, and the random-pairing ability of the game makes the Sims you are not playing go about their own lives;The Sims series makes its first venture in a new direction now that it was abandoned by Maxis. With EA at the helm, plenty of new and excellent features have been introduced. Your Sims now inhabit a cohesive town, free of loading screens. Furthermore, all your Sims age simultaneously, and the random-pairing ability of the game makes the Sims you are not playing go about their own lives; other Sims will marry, move in and out of houses (sometimes even leave the neighbourhood), and die, all with their own free will. The new moodlet feature makes the intricacies of the Sims shine even more detailed than ever. But the game seems to have lost something in the transition between companies. Something uniquely Maxis is absent. Objects that have been with the entire series since its inception now no longer exist, and some of the finer details on buyable objects or background storylines for the stock Sims that the game provides seem hollow and mute. The Sims 3 is distinctly different from The Sims 2, and takes a lot of getting used to. But if you can get used to the changes, then Sims 3 will delight you for hours on end with its addictive gameplay and in-depth customizational abilities. Expand
  28. Nov 25, 2011
    As a former draftsman, and a fan of life simulation, I fell in love with this game. The ability to lead a fantastical second life while not being sucked into Second Life, this game really played on my hopes and dreams. While that sounds sad, it's actually a nice way to escape troubles for a short while while you "live" your dream of becoming a Blockbuster Movie Composer. Advancing yourAs a former draftsman, and a fan of life simulation, I fell in love with this game. The ability to lead a fantastical second life while not being sucked into Second Life, this game really played on my hopes and dreams. While that sounds sad, it's actually a nice way to escape troubles for a short while while you "live" your dream of becoming a Blockbuster Movie Composer. Advancing your skills in the guitar is also enjoyable. Expand
  29. Jun 1, 2012
    I honestly, truly have nothing bad to say about The Sims 3. The release of Expansion packs such as "Late Night" and "Showtime" have greatly improved the game since initial release of The Sims 3. It would be nice to see a Free to Play Expansion, but it doesn't matter too much. I'm satisfied with The Sims 3 and would find no way to change it (well, other than the power to burn down a rudeI honestly, truly have nothing bad to say about The Sims 3. The release of Expansion packs such as "Late Night" and "Showtime" have greatly improved the game since initial release of The Sims 3. It would be nice to see a Free to Play Expansion, but it doesn't matter too much. I'm satisfied with The Sims 3 and would find no way to change it (well, other than the power to burn down a rude neighbor's house). Expand
  30. Jul 19, 2013
    sims 3 is the worst performance ive had with a pc game, this is daylight robbery i wil not be buying anything from this franchise ever again i thought they would have updated patched these issues by now......total and utter rip off its unplayable
  31. Apr 5, 2011
    There is a vast expanse of detail and characters, and the world in which you play is full of opportunities. A fantastic game with absolutely no critisisms!
  32. Jul 26, 2012
    The sims 3 on pc is easily the best of the series, miles ahead of any other sims game out there. Without expansions, its a fun, content filled, funny, enjoyable simulation, with tons of things to do in your beautiful town. Meet friends, make food, make your sims wishes true...You can do it all. Only down side is you can spend some time learning how to do everything. Plus ipos version sucks
  33. Jun 10, 2012
    If I liked playing Sims I would love this game. It's got it all, real-time moving round the city, go to friend's houses, get a job, go to library, go out with your friends, go to the graveyard, build your house, furniture etc. If you love simulation games which are a copy of your own life but 100 times better, you will love this.
  34. Jun 16, 2013
    The Sims 3 innovated my favorite franchise games.

Every generation of The Sims 3 are amazing, but The Sims 3 exceeded, the idea of ​​putting up a free city shipments is great, the soundtrack is beautiful, and the gameplay is great, lots of furniture and clothes, I think really cool city is not the best but it is more beautiful .... I'll give the game by a nine reasons: either the
    The Sims 3 innovated my favorite franchise games.

I'll give the game by a nine reasons: either the bugs.

but the game ta amazing I recommend.
  35. Feb 14, 2013
    This is one of my favourite games and the definition of crazyness. I usually play it with a friend of mine and each time we die of laughter. It's so damn fun! And there are a lot of things to do, it's never boring. I have to say just a few things: it's REALLY a shame not seeing the inside of a shop or building. Sure, this can be fixed with expansions like ambitions, but installing 3357127This is one of my favourite games and the definition of crazyness. I usually play it with a friend of mine and each time we die of laughter. It's so damn fun! And there are a lot of things to do, it's never boring. I have to say just a few things: it's REALLY a shame not seeing the inside of a shop or building. Sure, this can be fixed with expansions like ambitions, but installing 3357127 expansions will slow down your computer and empty your wallet. Another thing I suggest is to widen the preset wardrobe and hairstyles, because I hate registering to various websites to get a dress I like. Anyway, this is really a must buy. Expand
  36. Feb 2, 2014
    Deeply disappointing game, a weaker version of the outstanding sims 2. First of all, the sims look dodgy, the sims 2 sims looked nice. The game is marred by constant loading screens which is very irritating. The ability not to design community lots is frustrating. You cannot design your own neighborhood which is awful. The super design method takes ages and is very tiresome. The sims 3 isDeeply disappointing game, a weaker version of the outstanding sims 2. First of all, the sims look dodgy, the sims 2 sims looked nice. The game is marred by constant loading screens which is very irritating. The ability not to design community lots is frustrating. You cannot design your own neighborhood which is awful. The super design method takes ages and is very tiresome. The sims 3 is basically a tiresome, dull schoolproject will very little fun at all. Expand
  37. Nov 12, 2013
    You can get lost in this game for hours, no joke. I had to have someone bring this game down to me while I was living in Argentina just so I could play it. The possibilities are endless in the Sims and houses you can create. While the game does have bugs, they are easy to overcome. There are a few major bugs though. The game will freeze in the Create A Style mode and made it very difficultYou can get lost in this game for hours, no joke. I had to have someone bring this game down to me while I was living in Argentina just so I could play it. The possibilities are endless in the Sims and houses you can create. While the game does have bugs, they are easy to overcome. There are a few major bugs though. The game will freeze in the Create A Style mode and made it very difficult to play. Also, your Sims will get stuck on things and sometime even vanish. A still very fun game and a great improvement over the last one, especially with the faces. Expand
  38. Nov 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I find myself envious of the people in Sims 3.
    Those little guys can make mac and cheese perfectly after only watching TV for a few minutes.
    What station are you tuning into man? I see some spiced pork dish or tagine pop up from time to time but never a good mac and cheese recipe.
    I'm going to have to have toast again tonight aren't I...
  39. Sep 17, 2011
    Good game. First release (without the update) the game was bad because off the random crashing. Now late 2011 the fixes it take them almost 2 years to find the hidden bug. However about this game is that when you play it, the time will fly :D its a great game have fun with it. Ps there are always cry ers and trolls so ignore them play this :D you will love it
  40. Sep 11, 2012
    Ah...The Sims 3, great game!
    I love the music, sound effects and i also like that strange language they have, the game has some great musics! The intro music is so good to listen to, and the in-game musics are very good too!
    The game-play is very entertaining, and in the first day that you play this game you'll be amazed in the things you can do with it, the game is very fun. But
    Ah...The Sims 3, great game!
    But there's a downfall :S, the game gets boring if you play it too much, for an example if you play more then 1-3 hours a day it will get hell boring....
    But besides that the game is very good.
    But you can get new things in the game-play if you buy expansions packs at Pirate Bay.
    The best expansions out right now are Ambitions, Late Night, Pets and Supernatural, those are the best and if you want a good experience with the game get all this expansions on PB and buy the game on Ebay or Amazon and prepare your self from some fun!
  41. Oct 23, 2014
    This is my go-to game when I have a new book to listen to, but I treat it as a building endeavor over the family thing. The sims are neat. The humor is an eyeroll. Example: the husband of my famous writer dies (from eating a bad jelly bean) and the grim reaper pulls out a smartphone to snap her picture before leaving with his ghost. It's cute in a not obnoxious kind of way.

The

The creative variety available here is bare none. Sims 3 includes a feature called "create a style". You can basically micromanage the design of any object in the game be it clothing, a microwave, or the siding on a house. The personalization and variety to the personal landscape here is thus endless and remains interesting.

CONS:
    -system resource guzzler
    -will overheat a weak laptop
    -still buggy with no autosave feature...so you must remember to save every hour
    -the sims themselves get old
    -do NOT try to get buy with a below recommendations system, sims 3 is a "heavy" game
    -ability to customize towns much outside of create a world just isn't there
    -ability to add new lots to an existing town is extremely hampered

PROS-
    -building a house
    -creating outfits
    -Create-A-World
    -create a style (redesign any object in game to customize its look)
    -edit town allows you to save your family and/or lot and insert it in a new town if you become bored with your old one
    -players can design clothes, hair, houses, etc and provide them for upload...for free! It's great to have this endless outlet for new things in your game
    -exploring your town can be fun

I tend to build, and just set queues on my families. I love create-a-world. I love testing my worlds. I have a tendency to work a family until the cash is enough to build the perfect, from scratch, house and then stop playing for months. That said, I've never encountered a "building" game I like more than Sims 3.

Audiobook always playing though :) Like I said, it's just good, solid fodder for your idle hands while reading a book.
  42. Oct 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is an amazing Game to buy for the PC.The only reason this game does not get a 10 is because of stupid AI and the fact they give more importance to some particular needs. Expand
  43. Sep 29, 2012
    Though I'm not a fan of EA as a company, I love the Sims 3 in spite of myself. I played the original Sims years ago, then later the Sims 2, and despite my abhorrence of EA's customer service record and takeover and decimation of companies I loved, I couldn't resist buying this game and several expansions. I played the original Sims 3 without expansions for a few months, and I have toThough I'm not a fan of EA as a company, I love the Sims 3 in spite of myself. I played the original Sims years ago, then later the Sims 2, and despite my abhorrence of EA's customer service record and takeover and decimation of companies I loved, I couldn't resist buying this game and several expansions. I played the original Sims 3 without expansions for a few months, and I have to say...it's highly enjoyable, and I have wasted many hours neglecting my real life to develop the life of my Sim. LOL! Not only do you have your career and relationships to focus on, but the "crafting" (for lack of a better term) - gardening, fishing, logic, etc. - is a lot more fun. I also like the option of being able to run your own business (I make HELLA Simoleons as a busker) and the exploration aspect of finding new seeds, meteors and making money that way. It kind of makes me wish real life was like that. LOL! I also love how your offspring don't end up with pointed ears like they did in Sims 2, which annoyed the crap out of me. I wish EA didn't take out the ability to have children with the Grim Reaper, that added a humorous aspect to the game that I loved, though apparently you can still mate with ghosts. LOL! So though I hate EA, I love this game, and I love most of the expansions, which I will review at a later time. I wish EA would add a multiplayer aspect to this game, though I guess that would make it an MMO, and seeing how The Sims Online was a spectacular failure I'm sure that won't happen anytime soon, but it would be cool if you could instance into other people's towns and explore around. Great game if you like simulation games like this. I've always been a fan of the Sims franchise and will continue to play it. Though I don't play it every day, every now and then I get into a "Sims mood" and will play it for a few weeks before moving on to the next game. There's something irresistible about meticulously creating your ideal life in as realistic a way as you can...and then bringing a ghost home, having a baby with it and trying to save your marriage. LOL! Your Sim's life can be as close to your real life or as wild and crazy as you want - or something in between - and that's something I simply love about this game. Expand
  44. Mar 13, 2013
    i came in on sims 3 and i am totally adicted to it. if you have never played the sims before you should love this game. i didnt think i'd be interested in it much but now its my most played game. it is a huge time sink though
  45. Nov 26, 2013
    A very interesting game which can give you great feeling of achievement after playing for a while. Also those mods are good. Though there are still bugs every now and then.
  46. Aug 6, 2012
    4+/5 (Very Good) Ok, isn't this something we have ALL DONE when we were kids? Girls play with the barbies and make up stories, Guys play with superheroes and fighters and make up stories (violent stuff, of course, but still). PLUS, we all secretly wish we could be SO MUCH MORE (because you will never be a firefighting best-selling author with a secret life as a double agent who fronts as4+/5 (Very Good) Ok, isn't this something we have ALL DONE when we were kids? Girls play with the barbies and make up stories, Guys play with superheroes and fighters and make up stories (violent stuff, of course, but still). PLUS, we all secretly wish we could be SO MUCH MORE (because you will never be a firefighting best-selling author with a secret life as a double agent who fronts as the Mayor of CoolVille). The Sims 3 is all that, and so much more. YOU WILL PLAY IT AND WASTE YOUR TIME TRYING TO MAKE A BETTER LIFE FOR YOUR VIRTUAL SELF. NOW. Oh, and don't you dare buy any of the DLCs, they are full of game shattering bugs. Just don't. Expand
  47. Dec 7, 2013
    Its a fun game, but too many bugs. You can have the best computer ever, but thanks to the bugs and lag, this game sucks.

Then there are the micro transactions. It doesn't matter to EA that you shelled out tons of money for any of the expansions, they still want to charge you more for things that you can not get in the expansions. So unfortunately, this game is pretty unplayable.
  48. Jun 2, 2011
    The Sims 3 is an amazing game which gets better and better every time a new expansion is released adding new items new things and something that drags me pack to the game every time right now I'm prepping my family for Generations lol :)
  49. Feb 21, 2012
    First off let me state: I never played Sims 2. I've played sims 1 and all the expansions and that's it. I have heard from various people that Sims 2 was better - I can't comment to much on that, but I will state what I like about this game, and others can tell me (or if you already played sims 2 and know) if sims 2 had some of the features I liked or not. I will of course also express someFirst off let me state: I never played Sims 2. I've played sims 1 and all the expansions and that's it. I have heard from various people that Sims 2 was better - I can't comment to much on that, but I will state what I like about this game, and others can tell me (or if you already played sims 2 and know) if sims 2 had some of the features I liked or not. I will of course also express some of my dislikes.

Sim Personalities: The whole neat, active,nice point system they had before is gone. To give your sims personality in this game you select traits and that drives them. you can select 1-5 traits, and some of them can't be combined because they contradict each other.
    I love this over the previous system. I really feel my sims are getting personality, and in the old system I didn't because I was spending to much time trying to fulfill needs. Which brings me to the second part.

Sim Looks: Unfortunately there aren't as many choices here as I was hoping. There aren't many hairstyles in the vanilla game, and not many clothes or anything for that matter. HOWEVER the details can be customized to an extent that you have many options. While your limited by your hair style, it can be any color you like, and if you wanted, you could make your sim have steel hair or whatever other material you like. So your limited in your styles, but the materials and colors can be anything. Needs: Your sims aren't as needy in this game as they were previously, the values seem to be slower, and can be somewhat counteracted by your mood, which can have several bonuses, so that even if your hungry and stinky, your still in a good mood because your listening to music and received a promotion... etc. I find this realistic as well, since people in real life can be in a good mood even if they are hungry and need to go to the bathroom. It also allows you to focus on other goals such as skill building or making enough friends, or whatever. In the sims 1, I spent my entire time trying to put my sim in a good mood - even to the point of cheating for money to get better items, and I still didn't have enough time to make any friends to advance my career. Perhaps I was bad at the game... all I know is that the sims 3, allows me to have more fun and focus on several goals.

The neighborhood: Compared to the sims 1, a definite improvement. There are a lot more pre-made sims to either play as or interact with your creations in the neighborhood and they were very creative with the houses that they all live in. You can also do things like seduce a rich wife, then kill them and their family so that your sim can have a much nicer place to live without having to earn money the "hard way" also better is that you don't feel trapped inside your house with your sim, People are constantly passing by and certain characters that you couldn't interact with in the sims 1, you can in the sims 3, such as the mailman, or repairman. Some of them might even turn out to live right next door! Very fun.
    if you let your sim do so, they will wander around the town as well, which gives a much more lively game than before.

Aging: This is new, but fortunately customizable. They can't quite live forever, but you could slow down the aging process to a degree that would probably take you a year or two of solid playing to kill them from old age. You can also speed it up to the point where one day your a baby, and the next your young kid. If this weren't customizable I would have hated it. As is, I love it.

Steam: It requires Steam-play. This a negative to me, because steam requires internet which of course means if your traveling, or have no internet for whatever reason you can't play. The Sims 3 shouldn't NEED internet to play. However... this might be more or a problem with Steam than with The Sims itself. Just mentioning for the sake of those who may have thought it can be played offline.

another negative is that the graphics from the sims 2 haven't improved much. Personally though I think of it as a positive, since I don't play The Sims for the graphics, and it means comps with lower specs can handle it.

Camera angles can be horrid at times, and can take quite a while to transfer from one sim to the other - even the sims 1 had better camera angles in my opinion!
  50. Aug 12, 2014
    I'm a fan of tycoon games, but not a big fan of EA's "Sims" franchise. It's fun for a while. Creating people and directing their everyday lives is enjoyable for an hour or two, but when that's all you do, it becomes tedious at best. It's not great, and it's not terrible, it just is. If you liked the "Sims 2", no doubt you will like this latest installment. If you're not a fan of EA'sI'm a fan of tycoon games, but not a big fan of EA's "Sims" franchise. It's fun for a while. Creating people and directing their everyday lives is enjoyable for an hour or two, but when that's all you do, it becomes tedious at best. It's not great, and it's not terrible, it just is. If you liked the "Sims 2", no doubt you will like this latest installment. If you're not a fan of EA's franchise, you need not apply. Expand
  51. Sep 20, 2014
    I've been playing sims 3 since 2009. And no matter how many games I play, if I stay away from my sim families too long I miss them. So I generally play for at least1 hour a week, much more in between waiting for other games to be released. Sims 3 is really worth playing especially with all expansions. It's still one of my all time favourite games. A game that has brought me endless fun andI've been playing sims 3 since 2009. And no matter how many games I play, if I stay away from my sim families too long I miss them. So I generally play for at least1 hour a week, much more in between waiting for other games to be released. Sims 3 is really worth playing especially with all expansions. It's still one of my all time favourite games. A game that has brought me endless fun and sometimes frustration, even when I have a lengthy break, it is a game I always return to.

It is not a game without problems, it suffered from being buggy and sims getting stuck and going missing leaving me with game breaking error codes, my game became unplayable until thankfully player mods fixed the game when EA couldn't or wouldn't.

Love the open world and that everything is customisable, you can build almost anything you can imagine in endless colours and styles, and make everything however you want, you can have a crazy green faced witch with a massive nose obsessed with making everything covered in a tartan pattern, the stories and scenarios you can have for your family is endless and only limited by your imagination.
  52. Feb 19, 2012
    The Sims 3 introduce some good new improvements to the collection. But there are many reasons for me to think it's just a bad game option: 1. The huge amount of expansion packs with their respective negative points. We're talking about 10 expansion packs that their price varies from 20â
  53. Mar 17, 2011
    While I lost interest in this series a long time ago the game is most defiantly improved, as i played this I noticed far more complexity, customization, exploration and in general things to do. For a game that gives you a fake life all of these are good things.

I was however upset that it had almost no free downloadable content i remember SCORES of free and high quality down lodes on 2 all made by the community I belive this game came out some time ago (Though I do not know i was not on my PC like i say i lost interest in the series long ago) but if it has i would think the community is eater unimaginative or the tools are no longer simple enough to use which is a shame because the astounding thing about 2 is you cold have anything you wanted from werewolves to charters from LoTR the only thing that i can find now is custom floor and wall tiles which while nice is just not the same.
  54. Jul 8, 2012
    In The Sims 3, you basically create families (or play pre-made families) and live their lives as you would your own. The Sims franchise has improved throughout the years and I'm pretty satisfied with this version. If you have never played before, you can do almost everything you would in real life. Own a house, go to work, go to stores, go to friends houses, host parties, learn to cook,In The Sims 3, you basically create families (or play pre-made families) and live their lives as you would your own. The Sims franchise has improved throughout the years and I'm pretty satisfied with this version. If you have never played before, you can do almost everything you would in real life. Own a house, go to work, go to stores, go to friends houses, host parties, learn to cook, play chess, watch TV, and have relationships. It's a really fun game. The Create-A-Sim is also fantastic because you can customize basically every part of your Sim, including your build, clothes, and personality. It also has a memory book where it saves important parts of your Sim's life, such as you got a promotion or had a baby. It's also customizable. There are websites you can go to where you can download extra clothes and items.

There are a few cons, though. The Sims 3 is integrated with EA's wannabe Facebook, so it prompts you to login in a lot. It also has a few glitches and problems, but what else do you expect with an EA game? I recommend backing up your Sims and houses in case of a problem in the future.

Even with the cons, this is a game you will most likely enjoy and spend a lot of time playing. I hope you enjoy it!
  55. Feb 22, 2014
    The Sims series has been known for it's addictive, and fun gameplay. Many, many hours have been spent by people creating the perfect house and perfect sim family. With all the expansions and stuff packs released now...it's surprising that there are still so many bugs in this game! I have a high end PC so I don't have graphics issues or anything, but I am shocked sims still have pathThe Sims series has been known for it's addictive, and fun gameplay. Many, many hours have been spent by people creating the perfect house and perfect sim family. With all the expansions and stuff packs released now...it's surprising that there are still so many bugs in this game! I have a high end PC so I don't have graphics issues or anything, but I am shocked sims still have path finding issues and that some items simply do not work. For a series that is now 14 years old you'd think those things would have been cleared up quite some time ago. That being said, the game is a load of fun, and the online community is great. Hopefully sims 4 fixes issues that have been persistent since the the first entry in the series. Expand
  56. Mar 26, 2014
    Any positive qualities of this game are completely nullified by the sheer layout of the game. The Sims creators have always been a little friendly with putting out "expansions", but with The Sims, your entire experience is modular. When you buy The Sims 3 you're essentially just purchasing the bare-bones engine, and everything else is either an expansion or an in-app purchase featuringAny positive qualities of this game are completely nullified by the sheer layout of the game. The Sims creators have always been a little friendly with putting out "expansions", but with The Sims, your entire experience is modular. When you buy The Sims 3 you're essentially just purchasing the bare-bones engine, and everything else is either an expansion or an in-app purchase featuring in-game currency (Simoleons) which you can purchase using real money and then use to purchase in game items.

Everything you want to play in The Sims 3 is something you're going to have to buy piecemeal, and we've put up with it for a long time because we wanted the game we loved. Sometimes I feel the game we loved is still in there, but if you want it, you're going to have to pay a much higher price tag than what's actually advertised.
  57. Nov 6, 2011
    I really enjoyed The Sims 3. It showed some impressive development from The Sims 2. I'm very glad to see its improvement and looking forward to The Sims 4 (if any). The graphic is incredible. At some point the game gets a bit inconvenient though acceptable. I wish they work on it a little bit and this game will be flawless.
  58. Mar 21, 2013
    I simply love character customization. Sims 3 gave me what I wanted....I suppose, but everyone I made seemed to look just like the next guy. I loved making a variety of houses, parks, jobs sites, museums, galleries and much more. I felt as if I was building my own town, which I really loved. Moving your character around and making him eat food was less enjoyable but I did it a bit. ItsI simply love character customization. Sims 3 gave me what I wanted....I suppose, but everyone I made seemed to look just like the next guy. I loved making a variety of houses, parks, jobs sites, museums, galleries and much more. I felt as if I was building my own town, which I really loved. Moving your character around and making him eat food was less enjoyable but I did it a bit. Its really awesome if you use cheats and mods and lasts quite a while before you run out of things to do. I loved making different characters...you could make a police officer, a gourmet chef, a CEO, An anchorman etc. The only thing is despite it said "You are a CEO of a major corporation" You just didn't feel like it. You'd click your character and put him in a building and after a minute he'd leave and just stand there. If you were an athlete or pop star you could I suppose you were considered famous but otherwise...no. I had fun building and progressing, a bit frustrated and bored at times but that doesn't matter. It lasted a while. I'd recommend you buy it...at a lower price. Expand
  59. May 4, 2011
    Selling an incomplete game is a nono. A bigger nono is to sell people the rest of the game for the same price. Were it not for expansionitis The Sims would be a great addiction but EA makes it uneconomical.
  60. Feb 11, 2011
    This game is what happens when you mainstream, dumb down, and simplify a well-known franchise. Nothing really is worth the sixty dollar price tag and I honestly feel robbed and ripped off. My money might be gone to feed the greedy pigs at EA, but at least I can give my honest feedback of this game here. Only positive aspect and to start my review, the only redeeming feature is theThis game is what happens when you mainstream, dumb down, and simplify a well-known franchise. Nothing really is worth the sixty dollar price tag and I honestly feel robbed and ripped off. My money might be gone to feed the greedy pigs at EA, but at least I can give my honest feedback of this game here. Only positive aspect and to start my review, the only redeeming feature is the Create-A-Sim all else falls flat and feels hallow. Within an hour, I felt bored and just could not get into the game. I'm a veteran of Sims 1 and 2 and prefer those two in the series. The core game feels too focused and prioritized on visuals, something the previous games did not need. What actually let me down and disappointed myself was to see content resisted to The Store, a service on The Sims 3 website which you need to pay to unlock an object. This is not necessary to hold content from us and having us pay, it feels like theft. If you take a look at the forums, there is a vast majority who have problems due to bugs and/or glitches and I feel bad for them that they cannot play the game or properly. This is another problem, bugs and glitches which remain causing problems with the game. Ah well, I'm sure this new generation of simmers are having a good time because to them graphics only matter mostly and are "sick" and "epic" Expand
  61. Jul 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this game - much better than it's predecessor. There's so much more you can do on here, what with all the new improvements. Now you can style your Sims clothes using a free, almost limitless range of patterns and colours. Creating amazing houses and gardens is fun too - what with making a matching bathroom or bedroom, or contrasting two different colours together so you can improve your Sims environment. And what makes it so much different than what came before is the addition of moodlets which shows exactly how your Sim is feeling, and the addition of traits that you can assign your Sim. It's a very interesting game, and goes into the more minor details - with all the creativity and imagination in the world you can do whatever you want to create an infinite number of possibilities for your Sims. Expand
  62. Mar 28, 2012
    Glitches, lags and bugs:
    1. New "stitchless neighborhood" system seems fine at first, but is extremely laggy when used - textures sure like taking their sweet time to load (even on high-end systems)
    2. Bugs: objects from one floor above displaying (mid-air) on floors below, families losing their ID (making entire town unable to progress further) etc. 3. Pricy expansion packs, stuff
    Glitches, lags and bugs:

3. Pricy expansion packs, stuff packs and Sims Store content, while few of them actually cost as much;

4. Ridiculous building limitations

and many other things I don't want to describe (because it will take a couple of hours)

I rate 2 for the effort.
  63. Aug 23, 2011
    Okay, so I am huge fan of the sims series, but this version, has pros and cons. More cons than pros.
    Pros:
    Seamless neighborhoods -This was a very nice touch, adding realism. More skills -The skills give you more stuff to do when your not working--very rare occasion. Now onto the cons: Unrealistic: the first two were meant to simulate a real family, and they did, very nicely. But this
    Pros:
    Seamless neighborhoods
    -This was a very nice touch, adding realism.
    More skills
    Now onto the cons:
    Unrealistic: the first two were meant to simulate a real family, and they did, very nicely. But this version, personalities seem, just, off.
    Very slow: not just loading screens, which are terrible, but also game time, it takes forever to do remidial tasks, such as eating sleeping cleaning.
    Jobs: your working all day everyday, and your out of energy by the time you get home, and when you wake up, your late for work.
    Strange personalities: something just doesn't seem right about their personalities, they all seem really dull and sad alot of the time.
    Horrid AI: set the Free Will to max, and they will die of starvation. It seems that the AI system in this version was downgraded.
    So thats about it. EA seems to be becoming the next Activisio, caring about money more than quality.
  64. Jun 28, 2012
    They Just need to add more.... The game has gotten more fun with the expansions but its just not enough. They need to make it a more real life experience....
  65. Apr 27, 2013
    Loved the game the first play through then it kinda dropped off for me. The expansions add a little spice and make me pick it up for another 2 to 3 hours but then it drops off again. Still love the idea this game presents and it has always brought the personal feeling of living one's life through a game to me. Great game and has always been a great concept. The pay for content was kindaLoved the game the first play through then it kinda dropped off for me. The expansions add a little spice and make me pick it up for another 2 to 3 hours but then it drops off again. Still love the idea this game presents and it has always brought the personal feeling of living one's life through a game to me. Great game and has always been a great concept. The pay for content was kinda iffy for me, I understand the reasoning but it kinda made me mad that after spending on the game i now have to spend on a certain lamp or chair I want. Silly but sometimes could be the deciding factor of if someone buys the game or not. Solid 7/10 Expand
  66. Dec 25, 2013
    This game is one of the, if not the buggiest piece of crap I've ever played; Big rigs over the road racing is less buggy than this. Loading times are extremely long, even Train simulator can't come close to this. There's literally no reason why you should buy this waist of money! Don't buy it.
  67. Feb 9, 2014
    To start out with this review, I give this game a 9 because of the stupid updates and patches stuff that take over 3 hours to update SUCK! Also this game has a lot of restrictions, you can't make the sims EXSACTLY to what you want, but they are closer than the rest of the sims 1 and 2. I am a huge fan of the Sims, it's my favorite go-to game when I want entertainment. The Sims 4looks likeTo start out with this review, I give this game a 9 because of the stupid updates and patches stuff that take over 3 hours to update SUCK! Also this game has a lot of restrictions, you can't make the sims EXSACTLY to what you want, but they are closer than the rest of the sims 1 and 2. I am a huge fan of the Sims, it's my favorite go-to game when I want entertainment. The Sims 4looks like even more fun than this game but for now, buy this game to get a feel for these types of games! Minecraft I think is a lot like this game by being able to create many things and having your own world bit. Yet The Sims 3 is more realistic and just like your playing with dolls or something. (ignore what that last sentence was) I absolutely love is game soo much! I really recommend you buy it!!! Expand
  68. Jun 13, 2014
    I should not enjoy this game this much, I should not have sunk 300 hours into it, I should not have recreated my best friends, but I have, ad I keep going back. I don't like the philosophy of holding back a lot of features for dlc, but I can forgive it. The modding community made this even more special, especially nraas.
  69. Aug 13, 2011
    Sims 3 is an amazing game. I got it from my father and i fell in love with it right when i pressed "Create Sims" I find this game brilliant and amazing. Its the best thing i have ever played in my life. If i could i would play it 24/7.... It's just soooooo amazing. Point covered
  70. Dec 6, 2014
    The Sims 3 is the best life simulator out there so far. I have gotten personally so much enjoyment out of the game. But Maxis made way to many expansions for this game. The Sims really displays emotion and feeling that I have never seen in a game before. The load time is WAY TOO LONG. I would recommend this game but I would be cautious about buying any expansions because they often lead toThe Sims 3 is the best life simulator out there so far. I have gotten personally so much enjoyment out of the game. But Maxis made way to many expansions for this game. The Sims really displays emotion and feeling that I have never seen in a game before. The load time is WAY TOO LONG. I would recommend this game but I would be cautious about buying any expansions because they often lead to longer load times. Expand
  71. May 16, 2012
    One of the best games out there using just the simplest ideas: Create human characters and control their life. The sims series is amazing and number three is a big highlight. The art/create style tool adds a whole new customization aspect to the game, its amazing. You can take any object (except fences and stairs) and make it look like almost any material you can think of and have anyOne of the best games out there using just the simplest ideas: Create human characters and control their life. The sims series is amazing and number three is a big highlight. The art/create style tool adds a whole new customization aspect to the game, its amazing. You can take any object (except fences and stairs) and make it look like almost any material you can think of and have any color in the entire color spectrum. The new opportunities system is a great addition and the lifetime rewards are awesome! 10 out of 10. Expand
  72. Apr 15, 2013
    I love the Sims 3. I love it. I have never played the Sims or the Sims 2 so I cannot compare the two.

I wanted to play a game where I could take control of someone's life and my friends recommended the Sims. It is very life like with many things you can do. The traits are unique and are plausible. Great game!!
  73. Aug 5, 2013
    Great simulator with a great and easy game play. The game is really fun and most of people would play it for a long time. There's some problem like the working time. You can't see your sim while he's working so you wait and you wait until he finish. Same thing while your sim sleep. The house building is simply awesome. You can make homes that you like, the way you like it and its quite theGreat simulator with a great and easy game play. The game is really fun and most of people would play it for a long time. There's some problem like the working time. You can't see your sim while he's working so you wait and you wait until he finish. Same thing while your sim sleep. The house building is simply awesome. You can make homes that you like, the way you like it and its quite the same thing with the sims creation. The sims creation is really complete and realistic. You combine all this and it's make a great simulation game. You can also improve your game play by adding expansion to it. This make the game way better and it takes the game to a higher level. This game is great. Expand
  74. Sep 3, 2014
    I didn't play The Sims 3 when it came out in 2009 because I was still on the curve of The Sims 2, plus I wasn't convinced it could surpass its predecessor. However, after playing, this game exceeded my expectations. We can find lots of new features, especially the open world and create-a-style, a more complex gameplay and the best visuals of the series. I guess the main complaints I haveI didn't play The Sims 3 when it came out in 2009 because I was still on the curve of The Sims 2, plus I wasn't convinced it could surpass its predecessor. However, after playing, this game exceeded my expectations. We can find lots of new features, especially the open world and create-a-style, a more complex gameplay and the best visuals of the series. I guess the main complaints I have are the glitches, the rabbit holes and the need to have a good computer, plus the animation is too slow paced and recycled from the last base game. Other than that, great improvement.
    I don't think it's better than The Sims 2, maybe as good, but it's a very decent follow up of a great franchise.
  75. Jan 22, 2013
    The game's content is nearly flawless, but it is full of bugs and was VERY poorly optimized. Even with a high-end PC the game requires about 10 minutes to load (launching the game + loading saved games), and about 1-2 minutes to save or quit. After about 20+ hours of play time the game becomes riddled with bizarre lag which renders the game nearly unplayable. This lag problem hasn't beenThe game's content is nearly flawless, but it is full of bugs and was VERY poorly optimized. Even with a high-end PC the game requires about 10 minutes to load (launching the game + loading saved games), and about 1-2 minutes to save or quit. After about 20+ hours of play time the game becomes riddled with bizarre lag which renders the game nearly unplayable. This lag problem hasn't been dealt with by EA at all (despite a 50 page thread about it on their website), but an unofficial mod partially fixes the problem... In addition, my Sims vanish/teleport randomly around the town, and the UI (rarely) becomes invisible. Expand
  76. Mar 1, 2014
    You would think a game that primarily focuses on AI would have better AI but no, the AI is as simple as it can be not to mention the fact that the game comes with very little content in the base game with something like 3 hairstyles for each gender unless you're willing to buy from the sim store or buy the overpriced expansion packs which don't add enough content to be worth £30.

There

There is really no point in having relationships in this game because in addition to the sims being souless nonhuman robots(like EA's staff it seems) in my experience the option for proposing marriage has ALWAYS came up before 'propose going steady' and I can't play this game for very long before the AI decides to get stuck somewhere and make the game constantly freeze.

**** EA.
  77. Sep 28, 2014
    Amazing game with lively characters and lots of places to go and things to do! Watch your characters transform into a virtual character as you control them to either go to a friend's and throw a party, or take a dip in the public pool. If you loved the Sims 2, this is the game for you!
  78. Nov 2, 2014
    If you like controlling people and picking their every action, this game is your game.
    However if you get bored with the Vanilla/Base, many expansion packs are there to rescue the day! Or waste your money...
    But overall, the game is very enjoyable.
  79. Dec 29, 2010
    I am a simsholic. I love the games, now with this one it's more fun to build houses and design. So if you love that part of the game this is top notch. The sims characters can be more varied and more exciting than before. I miss playing pets and seasons from sims 2. This game will take getting used to, especially the camera angles. I love how the screen can turn more than ever before. ThisI am a simsholic. I love the games, now with this one it's more fun to build houses and design. So if you love that part of the game this is top notch. The sims characters can be more varied and more exciting than before. I miss playing pets and seasons from sims 2. This game will take getting used to, especially the camera angles. I love how the screen can turn more than ever before. This game is much better with the expansions but even without it can keep you occupied for hours. It's fun to be able to create alien sims and change eye and hair color so much more than was before possible. Creating clothing and furniture patterns and colors is fun if you like design. Expand
  80. Aug 3, 2012
    The Sims 3 is a fine game, which offers fun for a long time. You can customize your character a lot and most settings have a great influence on your charcter's behaviour during gameplay. If you liked sims 1 and 2, you might like this one. The only problem is:
    The game is very buggy. The developers seem to focus mostly on adding new objects that you can buy ingame and then tell everyone on facebook about instead of fixing bugs. Especially since the animal update sims get stuck, become invisible, can't be selected, can't enter or leave areas.... any bug you can think of will probably at one point happen to you. The forums online are full with people complaining about bugs, that exist for a long time with no fix. Also the performance of the game is quite bad, considered its graphics that look only little better than sims 2. On my machine battlefield 3 runs smoothly at high settings and sims 2 on the same machine feels laggy when zooming in an out, the fps drop to about 8 when scrolling and often textures are loaded badly. I already had to delete to families because of unfixable bugs. Another gameplay issue: you can do lots of cool thinks, like exploring caves or going to the movies, but each time your sim just is gone for 2 game hours and the reappears with a pop up bubble saying "that was so much fun!" while you could only stare at your screen and wait for your character to come back. You can not influence anything during this time outs and the get old quickly.
    If you can live with bugs and bad performance and just like to create your sim and then build a fancy house, you will be fine with the game. But if you want both fun and stability, sims 3 isn't the game to go for.
  81. May 21, 2012
    I like Sims games Especially This One. Racing Higher Than Sims 2, People Vote High on THIS ONE!! Racing EVEN WAY HIGHER THAN SIMS 1, PEOPLE VOTE WAY HIGHER ON THIS ONE! If Only There Was A PSP version. :(((
  82. Jul 12, 2012
    Would hate to flame on this game, but the DLC is overpriced and I don't see what else it brings but a few new features that could easily be implemented with free items you can find online. Gameplay does get quite tedious after about 10 hours and I have never played the game since.
  83. Mar 5, 2013
    This game is fun for the first few hours. Its great right up until the point when you realize, nothing you do in the game actually matters. I made a city with no police, no fire department, no medical, polluted drinking water, factory's and garbage dumps right next to homes, exc. and my City Was Still Successful. We had 110 crimes committed every day, 23 buildings burning down a day, 213This game is fun for the first few hours. Its great right up until the point when you realize, nothing you do in the game actually matters. I made a city with no police, no fire department, no medical, polluted drinking water, factory's and garbage dumps right next to homes, exc. and my City Was Still Successful. We had 110 crimes committed every day, 23 buildings burning down a day, 213 people dyeing of sickness a day, and the city was making over 12 thousand dollars an hour. You cant lose this game. Its impossible. 4/10 for being unloseable. Expand
  84. Aug 11, 2013
    The Sims 3 is one of those games that you must play in your life.
    You won't be disappointed: even if you try, you would not find a negative aspect.
    If you want to enjoy this game at the maximum of the possibilities, you have to play it with a very strong PC.
    Anyway, I think that it could be called a masterpiece!
  85. Mar 20, 2014
    I thought EA will made a very great breakthrough in the series, but I was very disappointed knowing that this version is very heavy and expensive.

The graphics are great, but the experience become sucks when it comes after one hour of gaming. I still prefer Sims 2 than this one.
  86. Nov 16, 2014
    A beautiful open-world game that can be replayed over and over again. Create-a-Sim is fun and living out a life as yourself (or someone made up) is totally amazing.

I never managed to bother with many of the expansion packs simply because they were overpriced and looked dull but the base game was fun enough.
  87. Mar 26, 2011
    Man oh man. This game is just ... too great. There is more customization and the sims in this game just really stands out. The graphics are beast on High settings and you can basically do whatever you want in the environment. Not much is really limited to what you want to do with your sims!
  88. Sep 29, 2011
    The sims 3 is really awesome. I love having the ability to suck up ghosts or to be a master thief. Adventures is lots of fun too, though I have trouble woo hooing the locals. I hate to say it but I can't find one thing wrong with this game... well other than lack of more expansions for me to buy. Keep it coming ea.
  89. May 25, 2013
    Sims 3? Oh you meant sims 2 with online and micro transactions. I literally can't tell the difference between the two other than maybe the customization screen, the 3 in the title, and the online. Also, this is a PAY TO PLAY GAME with MICRO TRANSACTIONS. How much money do they need to suck out of your pocket? Not to mention how quickly you get bored of the thing. 1/10 for the 5 mins ofSims 3? Oh you meant sims 2 with online and micro transactions. I literally can't tell the difference between the two other than maybe the customization screen, the 3 in the title, and the online. Also, this is a PAY TO PLAY GAME with MICRO TRANSACTIONS. How much money do they need to suck out of your pocket? Not to mention how quickly you get bored of the thing. 1/10 for the 5 mins of mild entertainment. Expand
  90. Sep 4, 2014
    The Sims 3 is awful. It looked very promising, but it failed to deliver. The open world was a great idea, but it failed hard. The world was really dead, there was almost zero Sims in the community lots, doing nothing besides stand there.

The Sims looked are very robotic, the animations are very repetitive and exaggerated. Sims keep stopping when they're walking, they stop when they walk through doors, it's terrible. Routing system was lame. Teleport into the car was ridiculous.

The Sims 3 lacks life. Everything is so dead and robotic. CAS is ok, Create a Style was great, Build/Buy modes were ok too. But the gameplay wasn't fun at all. The Sims 2 was much more dynamic. The expansion packs helped TS3 a lot, but the base game was just unplayable.
  91. Sep 8, 2014
    Aaaaah, I remember hours and hours and hours(!!!) of playing this game. Sometimes I was the happiest person on the world, sometimes the saddest one when my sim died. I highly recommend buying TS3 in sales with some expansion packs which will cost a lot because they are as expensive as the game by itself, but still. Yes, the game has bugs... LOTS of bugs, but they usually show when yourAaaaah, I remember hours and hours and hours(!!!) of playing this game. Sometimes I was the happiest person on the world, sometimes the saddest one when my sim died. I highly recommend buying TS3 in sales with some expansion packs which will cost a lot because they are as expensive as the game by itself, but still. Yes, the game has bugs... LOTS of bugs, but they usually show when your computer is weaker or you have like ten generations of one family. Anyway, enjoy playing, it's great! Expand
  92. Nov 1, 2010
  93. Feb 26, 2011
    I absolutely love this game, my Sims now feel as if they are apart of one large world rather than in some smll contained environment. The only complaint about this game I have is the facial customisation...... As much as I try. My sims all look fat. I hate it. I want The Sims 2 level of creation, not this wierd making your sims havedifferent body shapes all with a fat face...
  94. Oct 16, 2011
    a good game, just a few things that need sorting i think you should be allowed to go to work with them aswell... As when i purchased the game i was told you could!
  95. Dec 20, 2011
    I can understand the complaints this game gets. That doesn't change the fact that this game is very fun and addicting, if only for just a week. This game implemented a lot of ideas that move the series closer to an immersive simulated reality, which is exciting. The next game is probably going to be a lot better.
  96. Apr 28, 2012
    Considering the amount of money you pay for this when it comes out, the amount of "new" is very little. Many of the furniture, build mode items, hair, clothing comes straight out of Sims 2 (if not the original Sims game). The things that have changed are good, but could've been more. The step from Sims 1 to 2 was a lot bigger and way more impressive and a great improvement. Apart from theConsidering the amount of money you pay for this when it comes out, the amount of "new" is very little. Many of the furniture, build mode items, hair, clothing comes straight out of Sims 2 (if not the original Sims game). The things that have changed are good, but could've been more. The step from Sims 1 to 2 was a lot bigger and way more impressive and a great improvement. Apart from the graphics and the seamless city, new jobs etc. little has changed. Expand
  97. Jul 22, 2013
    Sims 3 improved so much from Sims 2. The graphics are cartoony and uplifting, the new open neighborhood and lifetime wishes and how it affects your sim. However, EA purposely handicapped the game so they could make more money from expansions! There isn't even weather in the base game! Overall, a good game but lacks features just for the sake for making extra money via expansions.
  98. Feb 25, 2014
    This game would deserve a 10/10 if it wasn't so ridiculously buggy. About 75% of the bugs you come across can be fixed with console cheats if you know how. Such as, Sims getting stuck places they shouldn't be, Sims disappearing, etc. However some aren't as easily fixed such as miscalculations of the Sims in your household meaning you can't adopt, graphics glitches, stopping your Sims fromThis game would deserve a 10/10 if it wasn't so ridiculously buggy. About 75% of the bugs you come across can be fixed with console cheats if you know how. Such as, Sims getting stuck places they shouldn't be, Sims disappearing, etc. However some aren't as easily fixed such as miscalculations of the Sims in your household meaning you can't adopt, graphics glitches, stopping your Sims from finding a job, sound loops etc. It seems the longer you play one saved game the more likely you are to come across bugs.

Aside from the bugs the gameplay is awesome. You can customise your Sims pretty much however you want, you can extend their life to ages and ages or move through generations quickly, build awesome houses. Sims 3 gives you a lot more control over the game than previous Sims games. However, the exception to this is the building which doesn't offer anything new and can be very clunky at times. If your the main thing you do in the Sims is build homes I'd suggest you play TS2 and skip all the bugs.
  99. Mar 18, 2014
    One of the best games out there using just the simplest ideas: Create characters and control their life. The Sims series is amazing and number three is by far the best so far that i have played. The art/create style tool adds a whole new customization aspect to the game, its amazing. You can take any object (except fences and stairs) and make it look like almost any material you can thinkOne of the best games out there using just the simplest ideas: Create characters and control their life. The Sims series is amazing and number three is by far the best so far that i have played. The art/create style tool adds a whole new customization aspect to the game, its amazing. You can take any object (except fences and stairs) and make it look like almost any material you can think of and have any color in the entire color spectrum. The new opportunities system is a great addition and the lifetime rewards are awesome! Expand

1. A gallant return to form and takes a direction that breathes new life into a formula that is fast reaching a decade old.
  2. The Sims 3 has immense potential as upcoming expansions start rolling into high gear. And that’s what you’re really buying: A game of potential.
    The Sims 3 isn't a bad game, not in slightest, and too a different group of gamers this might be all they wanted, but for me this feels like a sequel that Will Wright had nothing to do with. There is no new magic, or amazing new idea that is going to re-imagine the whole series, it's just more and better stuff that we got in Sims 1.