7.6

1. Jan 3, 2011
    Long story short, the game didn't work. I am so frustrated.
  2. May 28, 2011
    The Sims 3 is truly magnificent and an amazing peak highlight to the Sims franchise! With amazing visuals and graphics, it definitely pushes The Sims 2 to another level. Some might argue that the Sims actually look less like Sims now, but more human... which is a somewhat legitimate complaint. However, I believe it's a great improvement since they are not as abstract as they were before asThe Sims 3 is truly magnificent and an amazing peak highlight to the Sims franchise! With amazing visuals and graphics, it definitely pushes The Sims 2 to another level. Some might argue that the Sims actually look less like Sims now, but more human... which is a somewhat legitimate complaint. However, I believe it's a great improvement since they are not as abstract as they were before as figures.
    Also, the ability to just go through the entire town is simply great, and the ability to enter other people's houses immediately, makes the game so much more pleasurable.

Of course, the expansions will add all the things we've lost that we had accumulated in The Sims 2, so one can only get those and fully enjoy the Sims 3. Maxim managed the nearly impossible task of making a better game out of the almost perfect Sims 2.
    Amazing game!!!
  3. Dec 11, 2014
    Its so much better than Sims 4, and offers the etiquette of a good simulation game. Fun, addictive, many options and more options than Sims 4 gives more freedom possibilities than ever before. Nevertheless, its great and the best Sims game to date.
  4. Mar 3, 2012
    The Sims 3 is a brave attempt at trying to make the series head in a new direction and appeal more to actual gamers but by doing so might end up not satisfying either camp.
  5. Oct 25, 2013
    I enjoy the game for how life like the game is, and I never seem to get bored whenever i play it despite while most of the time the sims are either at work/school or sleeping.
  6. Jun 21, 2014
    The Sims 3 Is the best simulation around, and this new addition takes the Sims to a whole new level. A walk able city with plenty of activities to endure. Although its lacking in content and some bugs the game is relaying heavily on the expensive expansion packs. All in all the Sims needs no introduction and I believe this installment takes the series to a whole new level. Can't wait forThe Sims 3 Is the best simulation around, and this new addition takes the Sims to a whole new level. A walk able city with plenty of activities to endure. Although its lacking in content and some bugs the game is relaying heavily on the expensive expansion packs. All in all the Sims needs no introduction and I believe this installment takes the series to a whole new level. Can't wait for more, EA you surprised me. Expand
  7. ERB
    Aug 2, 2013
    Best sims game ever and way more better than the past 2 sims game.First of all you can interact with everything which is good and second there are no game bugs.Yeah!I recommend you to buy this game and rate it.
  8. Jun 8, 2012
    This game is great fun. There's so much to do in this compared to the Sims 3, plus much more easy to navigate. I love the addition of new things like Moodlets, Lifetime Wishes and Rewards and Wishes. Also, it's also overwhelmingly addictive. It's my favourite game of all time.
  9. Nov 17, 2011
    Cant EA just learn? For real? We play the sims 2 so long and they release ALOT of expansions packs, we buy them for 20 dollars a piece, then they release the sims 3 without any content from the last. They need to learn. This game also is a discrase. The graphics are not as good as the sims 2, you cant enter stores (it shows the outside kind of like the urbz with clothing stores), it dontCant EA just learn? For real? We play the sims 2 so long and they release ALOT of expansions packs, we buy them for 20 dollars a piece, then they release the sims 3 without any content from the last. They need to learn. This game also is a discrase. The graphics are not as good as the sims 2, you cant enter stores (it shows the outside kind of like the urbz with clothing stores), it dont have pets (without expansions), you cant make towns, you cant have multiple familys per save, ETC. This sucks. I give it a 2 for effort. Expand
  10. Nov 28, 2012
    the only thing that i always wanted on a Sims game was, Babies, create a real family and a family tree! The only reason i don't give it a 10 is not having split screen :( my sister and i used to play together on Sims 2. The interaction the new jobs and the mods for the game were excellent, Sims 3 is an epic game that provides long hours of play and fun creating Sims or families. And thethe only thing that i always wanted on a Sims game was, Babies, create a real family and a family tree! The only reason i don't give it a 10 is not having split screen :( my sister and i used to play together on Sims 2. The interaction the new jobs and the mods for the game were excellent, Sims 3 is an epic game that provides long hours of play and fun creating Sims or families. And the expansions were very good as well. Expand
  11. Sep 25, 2010
    The Sims 3 is great, however the disability to have pets really takes it down a notch. The expansion packs are also not the best. Much better than most of the other Sims games, however.
  12. Dec 31, 2010
    Just as advertised... the limit is your imagination. The Sims 3 is fun if you can keep thinking of interesting ways to make your sims interact in life. Create-a-sim was very well done, with clean menus and so many options (with more purchasable from the store). Performing actions in the game is simple, except that some are set to a near limitless time, such that your sim may end upJust as advertised... the limit is your imagination. The Sims 3 is fun if you can keep thinking of interesting ways to make your sims interact in life. Create-a-sim was very well done, with clean menus and so many options (with more purchasable from the store). Performing actions in the game is simple, except that some are set to a near limitless time, such that your sim may end up skipping school/work because the former action has not stopped. Building your home is probably the most annoying part of the game, some items fail to be placed in locations that seem logical, can be placed in mid-air, or are so insanely hard to make a spot for that you become frustrated. In all, The Sims 3 is a well polished game, but shows specks of tarnish here and there. Expand
  13. Nov 7, 2012
    How a company can make billions of real dollars by allowing people to pretend to live out a different life...Well it is brilliant. The Sims 3 is a very nice evolution of the game series. It is starting to fall into the category of love/hate with very little middle ground. The only thing that is missing is online multiplayer modes. If they figure out how to tackle that issue, they will takeHow a company can make billions of real dollars by allowing people to pretend to live out a different life...Well it is brilliant. The Sims 3 is a very nice evolution of the game series. It is starting to fall into the category of love/hate with very little middle ground. The only thing that is missing is online multiplayer modes. If they figure out how to tackle that issue, they will take over the world. Expand
  14. May 9, 2012
    The Sims 3 is a really good life simulator game, but not better than The Sims 2. The SIms 3 haves some cool extras like, exploring the city, new jobs etc. The graphics are better, but the gameplay no. I miss building my own shop, I miss visiting aliens, I miss their cool expansion. So, I'm giving a positive rating, 8 points.
  15. Aug 14, 2012
    A really impressive improvement from It's predecessor, and just addictive. The Sims 3 is a triumph of life simulator games, that not only take a huge step, but even perfected the genre. And, what's great for this game, is that you can explore the city without waiting to load,not like in The Sims 2. The exploration is so impressive and more realistic. Technically is great. It haves,A really impressive improvement from It's predecessor, and just addictive. The Sims 3 is a triumph of life simulator games, that not only take a huge step, but even perfected the genre. And, what's great for this game, is that you can explore the city without waiting to load,not like in The Sims 2. The exploration is so impressive and more realistic. Technically is great. It haves, however, some glitches that can be annoying, but still The Sims 3 doesn't lose It's charm. 94 out of 100 Expand
  16. Jul 25, 2012
    The Sims is one of the franchises that isn't drowning in the new wave of games, and continuously releases good and fun games. Playing the game, you do feel very much like you are living another life within the game. However, the franchise does need something soon to jolt it back into the life, otherwise it will inevitably die a slow death.
  17. Sep 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pra mim foi um The Sims inferior aos outros. E não apenas por causa dos bugs não. Mas porque os sims não têm vida, são robóticos, o jogo é muito mal otimizado. As cidades são mortas, não há ninguém na rua. Mas não significa que ele é um jogo ruim, ele adicionou coisas legais como "Criar Um Estilo". Enfim, um jogo não tão bom,mas jogável. Expand
  18. Feb 11, 2012
    The Sims 3 is an amazing game, that is very life like. I am looking forward to getting the new Expansion Packs. But I will agree that having no choice to have pets does kinda suck, and the graphics aren't the best. But this game will have you singing along to whatever Sim Language song is on the radio.
  19. May 12, 2013
    This game when first released created a lot of excitement for me. The large maps where the Sims can freely walk around, improved graphics, a large user base, and plenty of options to let your imagination run wild. As expected, tons of expansions were added along with store-bought items. Yes, this game is extremely expensive if you add it all up, and Maxis has made a boatload of money fromThis game when first released created a lot of excitement for me. The large maps where the Sims can freely walk around, improved graphics, a large user base, and plenty of options to let your imagination run wild. As expected, tons of expansions were added along with store-bought items. Yes, this game is extremely expensive if you add it all up, and Maxis has made a boatload of money from it. Now the end-of-life has arrived with another on the way. Yes, that means more expansions and nickel and diming you to death. This game gave me endless hours of fun, and if you are willing to open your wallet and spend a pretty penny to get the "maximum" fun from it, I highly recommend it. Expand
  20. Jan 1, 2014
    I've always been a fan of The Sims I bought all the Sims 1 & 2 accessories and expansions Once I got Sims 3 immediately be installed and turned on I was disappointed Already during the construction mode, I saw a very truncated options Ok building has been done very well but taking many models wallpapers, carpets floors, stairs roofs, and so on for the expansions was somethingI've always been a fan of The Sims I bought all the Sims 1 & 2 accessories and expansions Once I got Sims 3 immediately be installed and turned on I was disappointed Already during the construction mode, I saw a very truncated options Ok building has been done very well but taking many models wallpapers, carpets floors, stairs roofs, and so on for the expansions was something terrible The creators made ​​it so that they can then spend a lot of expansions and accesories To me it's not fair and a lot of things that were in the expansions should be in the base game Lifestyle done flawlessly The same goes for exploring the city WITHOUT CHARGE SCREEN According to me this is the greatest revolution Create a family gained only minor changes compared to The Sims 2 Of course, there also has been taken away a lot of clothes for expansions Many people say that the developers are doing so because they want to expansions player had to choose from. All Ok but why EA took so many things from the base game If it were not I'd give the game 10 Too bad EA Expand
  21. Jan 18, 2014
    I'd have to grade on the curve of its predecessor, The Sims 2, quite a bit here, as The Sims 3 was an arbitrary reinvention while The Sims 2 still had some years left in it.

The main feature of TS3 is the living neighborhood, followed closely by the traits system which allows one to create varied Sim personalities. I believe this was previously done with a motives system, which has been carried over to The Sims 3.

However, the new features caused the developers to sacrifice key elements of gameplay from The Sims 2, like the Memories system and well developed game progression. The Sims 3 functions less like a game or an art studio (making screenshots and stories was much easier in TS2), TS3 behaves like an open world sandbox simulator. There's very little love or detail to any one aspect of the game, and like many open world games, its variety, more often than not, means a host of bugs, glitches, and limited fix patches (if any).
    Indeed, glitches and horrible memory leaks from the game's launch are still present in the game, along with all the bugs and gltiches added with each new expansion.

The art style is sterile and lifeless. Characters seem to have no emotion. The traits system is rarely used, sometimes effecting character idle actions, desires, and certain interaction, but the developers constantly made oversites in preparing the traits. For example, a technophobe hates it when a television is on, but he's more than happy to use a smart phone or listen to an electronic radio. Sims with the 'Good' trait can do little other than send donations to charity. Insane Sims do little outside of idle interactions, where they talk to themselves or play with a brick. Very unimaginative.

The aging and story progression system is appalling. Not enough options are given, and what options are there do not work properly. If I say 'all story progression off', my Sims will still have affairs and relationships, adopt kids and animals, buy cars, get jobs, etc. Neighborhood aging can't be turned off with the house selected still being on, so if I just want to play with one family while making the neighborhood static, I can't do that. If I want full free will, full story progression, sadly the developers haven't programmed that! Sims will not get married and have children. Slowly all of your unplayed Sims will die off and be replaced by their adopted children or random NPCs.

The cheat system is also very lacking. In The Sims 2, one had the 'Tombstone of Life and Death' where they could kill sims, make sims related to eachother, make them married, make them pose in whatever way you want. There's NOTHING like that in TS3. There's not even a mod that does all these things well.

Creating Sims is better, but there's still no height adjustments, or other body size adjustments, so you'll never really be able to make anyone who's shorter or taller than 5'8. Architecture is totally scrapped. In The Sims 2, the architecture system was so avante gard, it was used in place of architectural programs. TS3 simplifies house building, taking out stuff like dormers, certain roof types, and other specifications.

The base game is rather bare-bones. You have careers, sim interactions, and collectibles. Not really anything beyond that. All in all, its a fairly large game with lots of Facebook-game-like stuff to do, and tons of unloved DLC disguised as expansion packs. If you can get over the graphics and world play differential, get The Sims 2 instead. Its a much more well put together, fun, and creative experience.
  22. Mar 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have played all sims so far, excepting the mobile ones and I can truly state that The Sims series is one of the few that really brings something new at every new titles. Sims 3 is a 2009 game, and the graphics are great, but not fantastic. There are a lot of things to do, building a house, keep a family and other many, but the movement, vocal and CAS items should be improved better. Also, I appreciate that there are lots of special and hidden things, as places, relations and characters. But there is a major problem: there are no special changes from The Sims 2, and here I'm talking about things specific only in gameplay. Nevertheless, The Sims 3 is a very important game in the sims franchise and therefor I give it an 8, rating it great. Expand
  23. Nov 30, 2013
    The only thing I find fun about this game is to make completely opposed personalities in the same household and see what happens, other than that this game is simply too boring and slow.

My background, I player Sims 1 a lot, I always liked it, so no, I'm not a "hater". First the game is badly programmed, filled with memory leaks that will lag your PC into oblivion, it took modders to

First the game is badly programmed, filled with memory leaks that will lag your PC into oblivion, it took modders to fix what EA should have done. The game is extremely slow to load even on a good machine and has lots of bugs, and not the glitchy type, gameplay breaking bugs.

Second the game gives such a low amount of personality options that you have to wonder, is this really a game about people and their interactions? No, its a game about repetitive cliches. Take almost any person you know, try to bring their traits and personality into the game, no can do, impossible, there's just no traits or combination of them to simulate most basic personalities.

Third, the engine makes a very poor job at handling the towns, and by very poor I mean, ridiculous bad, it makes choices that make no sense whatsoever. The mechanics design of most features of the game, including expansions is completely broken, in my opinion not because it would be hard for a computer to process, but, due to very bad game engine design which limits the game into pure boredom and repetition.

But not all his bad, like I said, there's some very few funny moments like seeing your next door crazy neighbor going through the trash at 3am. Building is also very nice and detailed.

This game is a nice "architect for children" simulation, other than that, avoid it.
  24. Apr 15, 2014
    A near-perfect masterpiece. It immerses you so deep into your "Sims" that it ruins your life until you decide to have a boyfriend or a girlfriend. The save system was not as good as the rest of the goodies., though.
  25. Apr 29, 2011
    Why is this a good game? Simple. It's the creativity and the freedom involved. You don't have to create a big, happy family. That's actually pretty boring, if you ask me. I'd rather have a guy who, um er.... has a bad hairdo, a purple beard, I'll make him a crappy loser and I'll make his kid, um, fat and charismatic. Maybe I'd like to do a Juvenile Detention Centre. If any one of theWhy is this a good game? Simple. It's the creativity and the freedom involved. You don't have to create a big, happy family. That's actually pretty boring, if you ask me. I'd rather have a guy who, um er.... has a bad hairdo, a purple beard, I'll make him a crappy loser and I'll make his kid, um, fat and charismatic. Maybe I'd like to do a Juvenile Detention Centre. If any one of the detentionees sets their oven on fire, they burn to death because it's their fault. The building tool is the best feature in the game. I can spend ages building an awesome house. It'll have five floors and a basement. It'll be old fashioned. Yeah... But, why are the cheat codes so unhelpful? Players cheat when they want to. In the Sims 2, you can change everything about your Sim, kill them instantly, gain rewards deliberatley and set a person to live in my family and kick them out easily. There's of course more, but bottom line is that the cheat codes are more like help codes... And the diabolical clipboard and the millions of menus you have to go through? Come on. That is unfair. Oh, and the camera s fairly annoying. The problems that the previous two games had were not fixed. How annoying is that? There's bugs and glitches aplenty. Those annoying flaws aside, there's something for everyone in The Sims , even the true hardcore gamers out there (hence the building part). 8/10. Expand
  26. May 17, 2014
    It's a good concept but the game felt dated, and most of The Sims 3 content you have to pay extra for so unless your willing to invest at least $60 this game feels very incomplete and lacking on content.

Although Sims 3 doesn't live up to my expectations I will get The Sims 4 when it comes out later this year that way I can get the expansions as they come out.
  27. Oct 26, 2012
    The Sims series makes its first venture in a new direction now that it was abandoned by Maxis. With EA at the helm, plenty of new and excellent features have been introduced. Your Sims now inhabit a cohesive town, free of loading screens. Furthermore, all your Sims age simultaneously, and the random-pairing ability of the game makes the Sims you are not playing go about their own lives;The Sims series makes its first venture in a new direction now that it was abandoned by Maxis. With EA at the helm, plenty of new and excellent features have been introduced. Your Sims now inhabit a cohesive town, free of loading screens. Furthermore, all your Sims age simultaneously, and the random-pairing ability of the game makes the Sims you are not playing go about their own lives; other Sims will marry, move in and out of houses (sometimes even leave the neighbourhood), and die, all with their own free will. The new moodlet feature makes the intricacies of the Sims shine even more detailed than ever. But the game seems to have lost something in the transition between companies. Something uniquely Maxis is absent. Objects that have been with the entire series since its inception now no longer exist, and some of the finer details on buyable objects or background storylines for the stock Sims that the game provides seem hollow and mute. The Sims 3 is distinctly different from The Sims 2, and takes a lot of getting used to. But if you can get used to the changes, then Sims 3 will delight you for hours on end with its addictive gameplay and in-depth customizational abilities. Expand
  28. Nov 25, 2011
    As a former draftsman, and a fan of life simulation, I fell in love with this game. The ability to lead a fantastical second life while not being sucked into Second Life, this game really played on my hopes and dreams. While that sounds sad, it's actually a nice way to escape troubles for a short while while you "live" your dream of becoming a Blockbuster Movie Composer. Advancing yourAs a former draftsman, and a fan of life simulation, I fell in love with this game. The ability to lead a fantastical second life while not being sucked into Second Life, this game really played on my hopes and dreams. While that sounds sad, it's actually a nice way to escape troubles for a short while while you "live" your dream of becoming a Blockbuster Movie Composer. Advancing your skills in the guitar is also enjoyable. Expand
  29. Jun 1, 2012
    I honestly, truly have nothing bad to say about The Sims 3. The release of Expansion packs such as "Late Night" and "Showtime" have greatly improved the game since initial release of The Sims 3. It would be nice to see a Free to Play Expansion, but it doesn't matter too much. I'm satisfied with The Sims 3 and would find no way to change it (well, other than the power to burn down a rudeI honestly, truly have nothing bad to say about The Sims 3. The release of Expansion packs such as "Late Night" and "Showtime" have greatly improved the game since initial release of The Sims 3. It would be nice to see a Free to Play Expansion, but it doesn't matter too much. I'm satisfied with The Sims 3 and would find no way to change it (well, other than the power to burn down a rude neighbor's house). Expand

1. A gallant return to form and takes a direction that breathes new life into a formula that is fast reaching a decade old.
  2. The Sims 3 has immense potential as upcoming expansions start rolling into high gear. And that’s what you’re really buying: A game of potential.
    The Sims 3 isn't a bad game, not in slightest, and too a different group of gamers this might be all they wanted, but for me this feels like a sequel that Will Wright had nothing to do with. There is no new magic, or amazing new idea that is going to re-imagine the whole series, it's just more and better stuff that we got in Sims 1.