7.8

1. Feb 27, 2012
    I am so departed from this game's audience, that I fail to understand the target demographic's attraction to what is essentially a mix of 'barbie' and 'whatever soap you choose to make it'. This is one of the few games I cannot be objective about. Nothing struck me as insightful, engaging, entertaining, fun, progressive, or meaningful. I guess it was original for it's time. And that has to count for something. Right? Expand
  2. Jan 20, 2013
    The Sims is an iconic piece of gaming history. Though its isometric fake-3D world may not appeal to gamers today, its charm lives on and its playability remains in tact.
  3. Mar 19, 2012
    What you have here is one of the most addicting games ever made. You have so much freedom and control over everything that it is impossible to get bored of it.
  4. Apr 2, 2012
    This was the begining of the Best Selling PC game franchise and World Record smasher, The Sims. Im happy with the start and will always be a classic game to remember, even though graphics wasnt good, but ey. It was number one!! :)
  5. May 27, 2012
    One of my favorite games of all time.
  6. Aug 17, 2012
    Fun at first, but quickly became boring. Beyond sending your sims to work and making sure they don't crap themselves, there is very little to do except expand your house. You don't need a big house for any practical purposes, so to me the game seems kind of... pointless.
  7. Jan 2, 2014
    The Sims is a revolution in the gaming world. Never before had we could not control the family, build houses, and Organize party. I have to admit that I liked this idea. And although in 2000 arose game with better graphics, it just Sims was not needed. Pleasant to saw on Computer fellows in isometric projection. Cool was also the Simlish language that was incomprehensible mix of several languages. The only thing in this game I did not like is the limited ability to create Sims. Then Sims came only in the world of games so I can forgive them Music listening is really nice. And as for expansions-as opposed to The Sims 3 all expansions for The Sims 1 gave a lot of revolutionary changes and objects. This is a really cool and fun game. Expand
  8. Apr 21, 2013
    Very good gameplay, almost innovative for its times. The bad points are the graphics and the performance, since the graphics suck and you still get low FPS on low end PCs (such as PCs of its times). The sound is really boring, except for some tracks. Overall, it's a mediocre game, which could be even better, since the idea was good.
  9. ERB
    Jul 28, 2013
    With more interactions this game should have been the game of the year 2000.
  10. Aug 4, 2013
    Odlična ideja, odlično izvedeno, graditi kuće, sve to fino izgleda....................................................................................
  11. Jul 28, 2014
    I absolutely hated it. I was so excited for this as it was being developed by Maxis. But, my one and only full night really trying to love this game was a disaster. It was depressing. Get up, barely make it to work. Get home, barely make it to bed. This is already my life. Why on EARTH would I play this? I'll give it a 6 since it had few bugs and the underlying system was well-constructed. But, I really disliked playing this game. Expand
  12. Oct 26, 2013
    Very fun and addictive game. Can be quite hard from the beginning, but gets easy after a while. Maxis did a great job on this and this will forever be a classic game. Even in 2013 I still play it sometimes when I'm bored.
  13. Sep 25, 2013
    So it's been 13 years since this game was released and I've just set up a Metacritic account, I've decided for The Sims to be my first review because I am fairly excited for The Sims 4.

So, what is this game like? Well it is a very difficult life simulation game by Maxis/EA. When I first saw this game, I was awful at it, my Sims kept on starving because I didn't know how to make money,
    but I still fairly enjoyed it.

I've been playing it recently and although I know I can take care of my Sims by telling them what to do next, they just tend to do what they need to do themselves, besides sleep in the nice comfy bed I placed upstairs.

The enjoyable features of The Sims for me are making the Sims and building the homes in which they live in. Their is the part where you control them but to me it seems a bit tedious and boring and irritatingly difficult without cheating. But the problem is is that the controlling of your Sims is the main part of the game and when your Sims can almost take care of themselves and when the gameplay is almost too difficult and and slightly boring, it takes away most of the fun.

I'm giving this game a 3 out of 10 because as I mentioned previously the Create-a-Sim mode and Buy/Build modes are fun, but the game is about simulating the Sims and I just can't enjoy it enough to like it.
  14. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10, Graphics: 7 out of 10, Fun: 9 out of 10, Controls: 7 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 7 out of 10, Length: 9 out of 10, Re-play: 8 out of 10, Value: 8 out of 10
  15. Jan 13, 2014
    i remember playing it when it was released, and still dont get it...
    mechanics of the game where bad, to say the least(eat, s***, wash, or sleep? cant do it all since it all takes about same ammount of time)
    i believe it was a first try for drm crap...ppl could buy stuff like say a lamp for additional money....(real money)
    all that aside, and the mechanics (hopefully??) fixed today, its
    still not more(or less) than an interactive dollhouse.
    now, thats fine, and i wont judge ppl who like it, but i guess im just not the right recipent.
    its for girls and generally more casual gamers(which is fine, really) so i never got to like it very much....(since im neither nor)
    after building my place, i usually quit and had no motivation to look back.
    id have loved to see an implementation, a mix if you want, of both the sims and sim city, maybe there were plans for that, but well....its ea....

16. Mar 24, 2014
    The Sims 1 + all expansions is the best Sims. It's addictive, has infinite replay value, the soundtrack is fantastic, the AI is revolutionary. Just a revolutionary amazing game.
  17. Jun 10, 2014
    Muy importante en la historia del videojuego ya que consiguió, finalmente, acercar a las mujeres de diversas edades a los videojuegos. Pese a que la idea era que les atrajera la parte de la simulación de relaciones humanas, su importancia vino por la posibilidad de diseñar casas e interiores.
  18. Jul 28, 2014
    The Sims is an incredible simulation that can be played by anyone. It's very fun to create a family and run their lives. There is a lot of customization with creating a person from choosing clothes and a face to selecting their personality. There are a lot of options with making a house and furnishing it, and I find making the house the most fun part. After playing someone's life for a while it can get a little repetitive. They just go to work everyday without much change except promotions here and there to make more money and then you can keeping upgrading your house, but it takes a lot more time to build your house bigger and buy fancier things. The Sims is amazing and it will always be a great game to play for anyone. Expand

1. Besides bringing out the voyeur inside of me, I've found "The Sims" to be the most addictive and wholly enthralling game I've played in ages.
  2. The game is really fun despite all of the tasks you have to remember.
  3. A refreshing and at times thought-provoking human-scale simulation.