The Sims PC

7.9

1. ERB
    Jul 28, 2013
    With more interactions this game should have been the game of the year 2000.
  2. Uter
    May 23, 2003
    I really don't see why this game is so popular. Perhaps it's because it's accessable to everyone. But the actual gameplay leaves a lot to be desired. There are pretty significant glitches that can occur, and it's not as open ended as I was expecting. Good fun, but not brilliant or a must play by any means.
  3. Aug 17, 2012
    Fun at first, but quickly became boring. Beyond sending your sims to work and making sure they don't crap themselves, there is very little to do except expand your house. You don't need a big house for any practical purposes, so to me the game seems kind of... pointless.
  4. Jul 28, 2014
    I absolutely hated it.

I was so excited for this as it was being developed by Maxis. But, my one and only full night really trying to love this game was a disaster. It was depressing. Get up, barely make it to work. Get home, barely make it to bed. This is already my life. Why on EARTH would I play this? I'll give it a 6 since it had few bugs and the underlying system was
    I absolutely hated it.

I was so excited for this as it was being developed by Maxis.

I'll give it a 6 since it had few bugs and the underlying system was well-constructed. But, I really disliked playing this game.
  5. Chuakahswee
    May 4, 2004
    Those who really hate Sims so much, you must be outta your mind. Get some expansion packs and make sure you check out The Sims 2 coming out this year(2004)
  6. Jan 13, 2014
    i remember playing it when it was released, and still dont get it...
    mechanics of the game where bad, to say the least(eat, s***, wash, or sleep? cant do it all since it all takes about same ammount of time)
    i believe it was a first try for drm crap...ppl could buy stuff like say a lamp for additional money....(real money) all that aside, and the mechanics (hopefully??) fixed today, its
    i remember playing it when it was released, and still dont get it...
    all that aside, and the mechanics (hopefully??) fixed today, its still not more(or less) than an interactive dollhouse.
    now, thats fine, and i wont judge ppl who like it, but i guess im just not the right recipent.
    its for girls and generally more casual gamers(which is fine, really) so i never got to like it very much....(since im neither nor)
    after building my place, i usually quit and had no motivation to look back.
    id have loved to see an implementation, a mix if you want, of both the sims and sim city, maybe there were plans for that, but well....its ea....

7. Aug 22, 2014
    The Sims is a bit fun, but not my kind of thing. There are, however, TONS and I mean TONS of ways to torture your Sims, and their reactions are priceless in fast forward. Wherever you like to be nice to them, and build a society, or just straight up torture them, you'll probably enjoy the game.

1. Game Fan
    Besides bringing out the voyeur inside of me, I've found "The Sims" to be the most addictive and wholly enthralling game I've played in ages.
  2. The game is really fun despite all of the tasks you have to remember.
  3. A refreshing and at times thought-provoking human-scale simulation.