8.0

1. Oct 17, 2013
    As a fan of the original half-life 2 mod,I came in expecting a very good game. I am happy to report that my expectations were exceeded. Because of the nature of the game I cannot delve into why it is so good without spoiling it, but if your looking for the interactive experience of the year then this game is a safe choice.
  2. Oct 17, 2013
    I won't say a damn thing about this game. Every little thing I may talk about it will be a spoiler and this game is all about those spoilers eventually. SO if you want to know why this game is 10/10, go buy it now
  3. Oct 18, 2013
    It's a fun, refreshing experience. It's not much of a game though, much more of an experience or some sort of art within itself. While I did enjoy the game very much I also do think most reviewers highly exaggerate. It's a fun 2-3 hour experience depending how curious you are. I myself played around 2½ and went every path, discovering 95% of what the game has to offer. I looked it up soIt's a fun, refreshing experience. It's not much of a game though, much more of an experience or some sort of art within itself. While I did enjoy the game very much I also do think most reviewers highly exaggerate. It's a fun 2-3 hour experience depending how curious you are. I myself played around 2½ and went every path, discovering 95% of what the game has to offer. I looked it up so that's why I know that I missed two easter eggs. Overall the narrator was great. the gameplay nonexistent, but the experience humorous and interesting. I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't mind shorter experiences with no replay value. Once you have seen all the paths and endings there is no reason to ever play again as you discovered everything there is and then it just repeats itself. Good game, but nowhere near 'OMG best game eva, GOTY 2013!' as many silly fan boys make it out to be. Expand
  4. Oct 18, 2013
    The TLDR; It's a little short, but every second is fantastic. It took me about three hours to complete. I'm glad I spent my time playing it however. This game also isn't for everyone, probably. If you're used to, and only play, fast paced action games, you might not like it. It's more of an interactive/immersive story than a game really. Worth your time? ABSOLUTELY. Worth your money?The TLDR; It's a little short, but every second is fantastic. It took me about three hours to complete. I'm glad I spent my time playing it however. This game also isn't for everyone, probably. If you're used to, and only play, fast paced action games, you might not like it. It's more of an interactive/immersive story than a game really. Worth your time? ABSOLUTELY. Worth your money? Maybe. It depends Keep in mind, it's $15 for 2-4 hours of play. That might be worth it to you, it might not be. It was for me. I freakin loved this game. But keep in mind, you're not getting a lot of quantity for your money. Just a lot of quality. But if it goes on sale, buy it. Buy the crap out of it. It's great. Expand
  5. Oct 17, 2013
    The probability of anybody expecting or even anticipating something as mindblowing as "the Stanley Parable" is next to none. But it happened, and the Stanley's path is a wonderful journey of emotions, interactions and fun. For what seemed like hours, I was sitting back, and enjoying the narrative experience that the Stanley's Parable is. The truth was, the game is so rich and diverse inThe probability of anybody expecting or even anticipating something as mindblowing as "the Stanley Parable" is next to none. But it happened, and the Stanley's path is a wonderful journey of emotions, interactions and fun. For what seemed like hours, I was sitting back, and enjoying the narrative experience that the Stanley's Parable is. The truth was, the game is so rich and diverse in it's very core that it dragged me in it's story far more than it should. Everything about the game that needs to be executed properly, well... is. It exceeds my expectations of top-notch games with it's original approach to an original setting. The great factor about the Stanley Parable is it's terrific replay value. I couldn't believe how much fun could discovering all the endings be, as well as how funny and original many of the jokes and pun this game makes are. It is the first game this year that makes me really think about what it tries to present to the player, with it's clever monologues and great scripting. It is hard for me not to recommend this masterpiece to everyone I know, but I think YOU! will do. Good luck trying to exit the beautiful, simplistic world of The Stanley Parable, because I'm still trapped in the room 427. Expand
  6. Oct 17, 2013
    This is the first time I've been properly astounded by a game since the portal series, after an hour I had to quit the game and just sit for a while, thinking. BUY THIS GAME!
  7. Oct 18, 2013
    The game sets out to prove how flawed and pointless modern gaming is, and proves the point perfectly, with dozens of examples that are thought-provoking and in some cases quite entertaining. I haven't laughed so much at a game in a long time.

There is hope for gaming after all.
  8. Oct 19, 2013
    The Stanley Parable is a first person exploration game. You will play as Stanley, and you will not play as Stanley. You will follow a story, you will not follow a story. You will have a choice, you will have no choice. The game will end, the game will never end.
  9. Dec 19, 2013
    A Dostoyevsky-esque testament to the fact that games can display existential philosophy beautifully without needing any flashy effects.

The Stanley Parable is a game which requires playing through the same general sets of experiences over and over again to get an idea about the nature of storytelling and of reality itself.
  10. Oct 26, 2014
    STANLEY PARABLE IS A GREAT GAME THAT TELLS YOU NOT JUST A STORY,BUT A GREAT AND FUNNY ONE.
    +Great Narrator/Funny Narrator
    +Great Endings/Funny Endings
    +Great Graphics
    +Great Story
    +Awesome Easter Eggs
    However...
    -I think there should be an update with more endings.But this doesn't change nothing,it's still a...
    10/10.
  11. May 2, 2014
    I bought this game on sale (3$). I'm very glad to have tried it. It's not much fun but it makes you thinking about what a video game is. I can describe it with just a word: mind-blowing.
  12. Mar 12, 2014
    I have played this and for a second I thought the game was going to be a horror one. I don't know, I liked it, but the single thing I didn't like is the fact that you have to play it many times to understand the rest of the story and you have to die in a point.
  13. Nov 11, 2013
    Love it It got a Portal feeling to it.... and it got a portal lvl in it Awesome!!
  14. Jan 24, 2014
    The best way I can find to describe this game is "a story about a story". The gameplay is extremely simple, limited only to following paths and very occasionally clicking objects. What makes the experience so enjoyable is the narrator who comments on your every move, packed with tons of humor. Replayability is very low, and there aren't too many endings, so you won't get dozens of hoursThe best way I can find to describe this game is "a story about a story". The gameplay is extremely simple, limited only to following paths and very occasionally clicking objects. What makes the experience so enjoyable is the narrator who comments on your every move, packed with tons of humor. Replayability is very low, and there aren't too many endings, so you won't get dozens of hours out of it, but the time you do get is completely worth it.
    This kind of games are better started with as little knowledge as possible, so don't investigate too much before giving it a try.
  15. Dec 3, 2013
    This game is perfect. It is funny (lots of fun and laughs!), intriguing, it has action, sure, and also thrill.
    It's perfect In the sense that there is nothing actually "missing" or that could have been done better.
    The concept is innovative and brilliant! I love how the Narrator voice (which is perfectly interpreted) is fundamental to the fun (and it really demonstrates you that, in
    The concept is innovative and brilliant!
    I love how the Narrator voice (which is perfectly interpreted) is fundamental to the fun (and it really demonstrates you that, in some occasions, literally).
    It's even philosophical at some points.
    It's a mature game that can really teach you something or at least make you think.
    It's and experience that's totally worth the little money it costs.
  16. Dec 17, 2013
    I wouldn't call Stanley Parable a game, I call it an interactive experience. Imagine that it's like a choose your own adventure book. There were points where a decision (either to go with the narrator or against him) was tough, i wanted to see what would happen with both options.

Sure the game is short, but it blew my mind, it did things that completely baffled me. It is a great experience that everyone who loves video games should play. People who think that in order for a video game to be good you need a gun, should not play this game.... this experience is a lot deeper than that.
  17. Nov 8, 2013
    Oh My God! This game may be short, but I garantee you that after you played it throughout all the endings for one or more times, you will still come out Amazing game, with simple mechanics and a great narration! Highly recommended!
  18. Nov 3, 2013
    Confused audiences are expecting this is to be a game, they're right. But it's not a game at the same time. I like to call it interactive poetry. It's not about the action, it's about the story and their thoughtful conclusions after each ending. This is probably going to be one of the last original masterpieces before every idea is used in the human mind. I don't think the original HL2Confused audiences are expecting this is to be a game, they're right. But it's not a game at the same time. I like to call it interactive poetry. It's not about the action, it's about the story and their thoughtful conclusions after each ending. This is probably going to be one of the last original masterpieces before every idea is used in the human mind. I don't think the original HL2 Source engine and the remake are different from each other. I believe that both should be rated the maximum rating on all gamers' reviews.
    Please, whoever you are, take the time to buy this game. It's only $14.99. You would not regret it.
  19. Nov 1, 2013
    Without giving anything away, this game is very unique and will f*** with your mind at first. It has some funny moments and references. You will play it for max 2 hours and it has 0 replay value once you've finish it all, but it deserves to be played at least once by everybody. A fun, entertaining little game.
  20. Nov 4, 2013
    Stanley Parable is a fun ride for about 2 hours. It is fun to discover all the endings, and offers one of those fun games that you can let a friend play to see what ending they get. Unfortunately this can't really be called a game, there is no conflict, no action, no NPCs, it's just one of those strange releases that should be played at least once, because telling someone what the StanleyStanley Parable is a fun ride for about 2 hours. It is fun to discover all the endings, and offers one of those fun games that you can let a friend play to see what ending they get. Unfortunately this can't really be called a game, there is no conflict, no action, no NPCs, it's just one of those strange releases that should be played at least once, because telling someone what the Stanley Parable is about is pretty difficult. It's definitely something everyone should try at least once Expand
  21. Nov 8, 2013
    This is a must play. It is just another Half-Life mod, but this one is different. It offers an experience of many endings that will make you think about your life and everything around you.
  22. Nov 19, 2013
    Perfect. There is no other words to describe this game.

You can't talk about this game without giving it spoilers, so I'll just say: play it. Is a full experience, you can choose everything, but at the same time, the game will choose for you. Even if you think to have broke the game, is all part of the game. I'm in love with Kevan Brighting voice, the narrator. Is simply perfect.
    Perfect. There is no other words to describe this game.

I'm in love with Kevan Brighting voice, the narrator. Is simply perfect.

Really, but it, is just 10$ or something like that. Money really well spend.
  23. Nov 19, 2013
    This is definitely one of the more creative games I've seen! Everything about it is amazing. I can't say too much, because it might spoil on of the endings (There's more than one), other than get it now!
  24. Dec 28, 2013
    This does not intend to be a game, so treating it as one would be inappropriate. Definitely not for everyone. It is pretty short but wonderful, you could burn that money in far more unenjoyable ways, which do not make you 'think'. It deserves 10 not at all for its duration, popularity or gameplay, but rather for its original plot which it achieves within its means and the amount ofThis does not intend to be a game, so treating it as one would be inappropriate. Definitely not for everyone. It is pretty short but wonderful, you could burn that money in far more unenjoyable ways, which do not make you 'think'. It deserves 10 not at all for its duration, popularity or gameplay, but rather for its original plot which it achieves within its means and the amount of laughter it caused (I cannot remember the last time I laughed so much during a game/film). Perhaps more for people who are (or think they are) intellectual/philosophical... Expand
  25. Oct 27, 2013
    This a great thought provoking interactive story and a well spent few hours. Mature game players will get the most out of this game, with more drama than action.
  26. Oct 30, 2013
    Great story and writing, unlike anything I've ever seen. However, this game did cause me to feel nauseous after 30 minutes. I'm not really sure why, but I think it has something to do with Source engine, since I had the same issue with Half-Life 2. Also, the game is pretty short, so don't expect a long experience. But the story is awesome, so if you have a little bit of time, definitelyGreat story and writing, unlike anything I've ever seen. However, this game did cause me to feel nauseous after 30 minutes. I'm not really sure why, but I think it has something to do with Source engine, since I had the same issue with Half-Life 2. Also, the game is pretty short, so don't expect a long experience. But the story is awesome, so if you have a little bit of time, definitely give this a try. Expand
  27. Nov 3, 2013
    One of the most unique and compelling games you will ever play. The narrator is always so sarcastic, but also so enjoyable. The Stanley Parable also has a lot of replay-ability, because there are so many different ending. Definitely a game for everyone that enjoys having their brain confused at times.
  28. Nov 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Literally most creative game ever. It breaks the fourth-wall with good use. You will lose many hours to this games depth. There are extra dialog options by doing nothing. There are almost and infinite amount of things to do along the game. It is not only a game; It is more creative. I can even go to say that it isn't a game more so than it is a digital narrative journey. But the only way to truly appreciate the games attention to detail is to play the game. [spoiler] One of the options in a path is literally to unplug a cord to a phone as it rings. Another is where you just enable cheats in the game console. Then the narrator just puts you in a room with a table and keeps coming back to the point of how long he looked at tables to find the most serious table, and that the matter of enabling the cheats is a very serious matter and he must take action against it because he fears for you. Another time you stand in a broom closet and he first openly mocks the character then directly says the reason you are standing in the closet doing nothing is because the person playing has suddenly died- where he then yells to grab the attention of anyone listening to say you (The player) are dead. There are so many things to do it is crazy. This game offers more than just enjoyment, it offers and experience that no other game can offer you. This game is one of the best I have ever played and well worth the money spent. Expand
  29. Nov 7, 2013
    What begins as a very shiny interactive choose your own adventure style game quickly went south and I found myself staring at the wall beside my computer. I have never felt psychoanalyzed by a computer game, or even felt 'beaten' by one like this before. This the the most brilliant game I've ever played,

And it hate it.
  30. Nov 9, 2013
    This is a beautiful game with tons of content and fantastic witty writing, with about 20 different fun, interesting and sometimes sad endings, off the wall weird achievements, and a sense of true exploration 9/10.
  31. Mar 9, 2014
    Best thoughtprovoking game I've ever seen. People who think this game is boring, you're [not clever] people who don't understand the real deep sense game.
  32. Nov 15, 2013
    I can remember only few games, which are really original and still very playable. Stanley Parable is one of them. Not so quite a masterpiece, like Portal games, but very interesting game, which asking so many questions, but don't give any answers. Really good time for people, who likes to think and watching for something new. Great and amusing game in the long list of boring and clicheI can remember only few games, which are really original and still very playable. Stanley Parable is one of them. Not so quite a masterpiece, like Portal games, but very interesting game, which asking so many questions, but don't give any answers. Really good time for people, who likes to think and watching for something new. Great and amusing game in the long list of boring and cliche games, like a real treasure! Expand
  33. Nov 13, 2013
    Finally something different but of course i can't give it 10 because it's too limitate, this game is very beautiful but if it cost 4,99$ was PERFECT. I play it half hour and find 6/7 different endings, i read the total endings is 18 so is very awesome for an indie game! The narrator is very great, like Wheatley on Portal 2. It's funny becouse some ending is "long" and you think "Ah, ok,Finally something different but of course i can't give it 10 because it's too limitate, this game is very beautiful but if it cost 4,99$ was PERFECT. I play it half hour and find 6/7 different endings, i read the total endings is 18 so is very awesome for an indie game! The narrator is very great, like Wheatley on Portal 2. It's funny becouse some ending is "long" and you think "Ah, ok, now it's end so i restart from beginning" but no! ahhahaha very enjoy it. Expand
  34. Nov 14, 2013
    This truly might be the best game I have ever played! The story-telling is absolutely amazing and the twists and turns are most unexpected! An easy 10/10 from me!
  35. Nov 15, 2013
    I spent a night playing The Stanley Parable and I believe I have experienced most of what the game contains.the humor kept me entertained throughout, and I do love the ideas and conflicts that are presented, but I wish that I had waited for a sale to pick this one up. Don't get me wrong, it is definitely worth playing, but for one or two nights of physical and mental exploration, it isI spent a night playing The Stanley Parable and I believe I have experienced most of what the game contains.the humor kept me entertained throughout, and I do love the ideas and conflicts that are presented, but I wish that I had waited for a sale to pick this one up. Don't get me wrong, it is definitely worth playing, but for one or two nights of physical and mental exploration, it is not worth the $15 price tag. It was definitely quite the experience, but left me wanting more for my money. Expand
  36. Nov 16, 2013
    This game is beautiful, no other words than amazing. I do not want to contain spoilers but you can either go off the grid or follow a different tale. Buy it NOW. I was excepting to pay $60 or something but $15 just blows my mind. DEFINITE buy.
  37. Nov 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My mind is blown. This game is amazing, seriously, it encourages you to do things, that you wouldn't do in any other games, I'm trying to keep this as spoiler-free as I can, but, anything you say will spoil the multitude of choices that are laid out before you, you just have to figure out how to get to them. The game will reward you for thinking outside of the box, It will change you as a gamer. It will change you to the point, that you will begin to almost ignore the main path of a game and explore in search of alternate paths you could go down. Basically, we play as a man named Stanley, who is guided throughout his adventure by a voice, similar to that of LittleBigPlanet. We can choose whatever path we like, from listening to the "Narrator" (as he's referred to), to locking ourselves in a broom closet. Great game, worth the 11 Euro. This game gets a well deserved 10/10 from me. I encourage you to try the game for yourself and see how many endings you can find. And remember "The end is never the end, the end is loading" Expand
  38. Nov 25, 2013
    Grate Game I Love It Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaankyou for making it
  39. Nov 25, 2013
    I won't say anything about this game because every little thing I would talk about it will be a spoiler to whoever hasn't played this game. So if you wan't to know more go and pick this game up! This game has to be an 8 out of 10!
  40. Jan 7, 2014
    Simply brilliant. I won't say anything, that would spoil it. About the price: Yes, it is overpriced as a game. But it's not actually a game, it's art. Remember that.
  41. Dec 11, 2013
    This game has made quiet an advance in terms of design and choice maker finals, the possibilities are really impressive and the way the story flows is fantastic. Works really good for a casual or a hardcore gamer.
  42. Dec 3, 2013
    Fun, Quirky, and Interactive. The game itself has minimal user interaction and at the same time, has such drastic decisions to be made that effect you, and effect the game. Worth the 10 dollars you will pay for it. You buy this game more for the story than for the game play.
  43. Dec 6, 2013
    A great title which is full of humor and charm. I loved the original mod and this is exactly what I expected it to be. It doesn't have much gameplay except picking up some objects, but it is the path that you choose that matters and it's honestly a lot of fun to have a story delivered based on your own actions in a humorous and bizarre way.
  44. Dec 6, 2013
    Never have I played a game that managed to brake down the 4 wall so covertly. I guess "brake down" would be to direct. It's more like a well dressed British man slowly cutting a hole in your monitor from the other side and then sitting down and starring deeply into your soul. Needless to say it was quite unsettling at times, but in a good way. I actually almost stopped playing half wayNever have I played a game that managed to brake down the 4 wall so covertly. I guess "brake down" would be to direct. It's more like a well dressed British man slowly cutting a hole in your monitor from the other side and then sitting down and starring deeply into your soul. Needless to say it was quite unsettling at times, but in a good way. I actually almost stopped playing half way through.... I almost won. Expand
  45. Dec 11, 2013
    People seem unable to quantify The Stanley Parable with words, and I attempt the herculean task here. TSP is a story driven first-person novel game, if you will, in which you could be Stanley, an average joe with the most boring job in history. One day, the eternal monotony of his (or your) job is broken, and Stanley (or you) is then your avatar in a conundrum of doors, buttons, ferns,People seem unable to quantify The Stanley Parable with words, and I attempt the herculean task here. TSP is a story driven first-person novel game, if you will, in which you could be Stanley, an average joe with the most boring job in history. One day, the eternal monotony of his (or your) job is broken, and Stanley (or you) is then your avatar in a conundrum of doors, buttons, ferns, the Line(tm) and the number eight. Kevan Brighting's dry yet witty referential narration, its whirling mass of pokes and jokes at scripted narrative events and choice systems in general, is something to behold. Get friends and family to experience TSP's witty self-aware humor and the fun never stops. Simple xinput support means that a mouse and keyboard aren't the only way to proceed. And graphically, it's a treat, using the Portal 2 incarnation of the much loved Source engine, with graphical enhancements abound.

Play the demo, love it, buy it (in a sale only), play it again, love it.
  46. Dec 21, 2013
    This game can be viewed as a new genre in the gaming industry. The game is presented as a narrative on behalf of an office worker Stanley, which throughout the game accompanies the narrator. The game says to you that encompasses the right to choose in the game. It is like the voice of the narrator is the main attributes of the game.
  47. Dec 21, 2013
    This is probably the best game I played this year (2013). Many people will says this is not a proper game and it's quite true. Stanley Parable is an experience. An experience that all gamers should have. Don't bother if you play this title 1 hour or 100, it's a personal adventure built by a genial team. This game is worth all the money it costs, and it's really cheap btw.
  48. Dec 22, 2013
    The Stanley Parable is a game of choice and consequence. It starts out simple enough, but soon becomes a hilarious journey of mind-bending fun. Most of the humor is thanks to the narrator Kevan Brighting who is your only company along the many possible stories and threads. It is amazing how far some of your choices can take you and the narrator. The game is very short, though, so itThe Stanley Parable is a game of choice and consequence. It starts out simple enough, but soon becomes a hilarious journey of mind-bending fun. Most of the humor is thanks to the narrator Kevan Brighting who is your only company along the many possible stories and threads. It is amazing how far some of your choices can take you and the narrator. The game is very short, though, so it is best to wait until Steam marks it down. All in all, the Stanley Parable is an extremely entertaining, albeit short game that is definitely worth taking time to play. Expand
  49. Mar 14, 2014
    This game is definitely over-hyped and undeserving of its numerous 10/10 scores. This is an indie game with more of a message than a deep story. This game has more wit and charm than substance, and I've noticed how it and others like it often get overrated by critics.

That being said, it is a very fun and funny game. I really enjoyed seeing all the content that it had to offer, even if I had to look up how to do a lot of it. I won't go into its plot or even the game mechanics, since that might be a slight spoiler.

I will say that if you like Portal or similar type games (and have an open mind about what games should be), you will like this. I don't mean that Portal didn't have substance, because it did.

Also, $15 bucks is a bit much for a MAX 2-3 hour game, with little replay-ability beyond showing friends. It is a good game worth playing, though. 8/10
  50. Dec 27, 2013
    The Stanley Parable is a variation from what is accepted as a traditional game with different and unique aspects. What one user might assume to be right could turn out to be your demise.
  51. Jan 5, 2014
    Ahahah this is something, a really insane story, i had much fun playing it and I recommend it to everyone who wanna play something different (well, you don't have to play so much in that game, but it is fantastic however)
  52. Feb 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For me this is one of the best PC games ever made. Why?
    Simply because it’s really funny and interesting. The story of Stanley is well made and while you are playing the narrator that tells the story usually tells a joke or restarts the game.

Whenever the narrator restarts the game, you get more addicted to the game and you want to discover another ending. However, the game restarts too much .The graphics are decent too. The Stanley Parable also talks about games. I recommend to the world this game, because everyone will enjoy it.
  53. Feb 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After Portal 2 this game was the Best.Before I start the only thing that was wrong with the game was two bugs I found.the gameplay was really good and It was awesome that they didn't put any puzzles cause It wasn't like other games It was just exploring and listen to the Best narrator ever.It was like dear esther you should just explore.the endings were all awesome expect the space one were you should trow your self down and die.It had about 5 or 6 hours gameplay.all the ending were about 2 hours expect the one that you should play the narrator game(the one that you should press the button for 4 hours.)which was 4 and hour.Best ending was down stair one(the one that stanley goes down stairs and next morning a woman find his body.). The most stressful ending was countdown ending(the one that you turn the machine on.). The whole game was amazing and I'm really happy that I played It.Till now second Best game ever. Expand
  54. Mar 13, 2014
    The Stanley Parable is a game that openly mocked me, what I was doing, and what I enjoy doing, and I loved every second of it. This isn't a game based around interesting gameplay or action-packed sequences and setpieces. I hesitate to even call it story-focused. The truth is that this game turns the notion of choice in gaming on its head. It makes you look at what choice actually meansThe Stanley Parable is a game that openly mocked me, what I was doing, and what I enjoy doing, and I loved every second of it. This isn't a game based around interesting gameplay or action-packed sequences and setpieces. I hesitate to even call it story-focused. The truth is that this game turns the notion of choice in gaming on its head. It makes you look at what choice actually means and why it, in the end, can't actually exist in a video game.
    For a game with such a philosophical bent, The Stanley Parable has a lot of charm to it. The narration has the dry wit and dark humor of Portal, and it carries itself with just the right parts levity and mocking derision that you can't help but laugh at yourself. It's like being on the receiving end of a particularly well executed, well timed, but well meaning practical joke.
    I beg you if you have gotten this far to try this game. It isn't much cost-wise and it, above all, deserves to be played. Keep in mind what it's about, and you will have a great time.
    All that being said, though, there are a few things that could have been improved. While it is a good game, there isn't a lot of it. I would say that it "doesn't overstay its welcome," but I would have liked it to stick around a while longer. There are some secrets and achievements (each of which mocking the concepts they represent nicely), but there isn't much reason to play this game after you've seen every ending. This is not a full release title, however, and we shouldn't be expecting 20+ hours of gameplay from this.

Pros:
    - Deep, well thought out meaning
    - Incredible Humor
    - Unique

Cons:
    - Short
  55. Apr 3, 2014
    Stanley Parable was a mod to Garry´s Mod, the mod was getting so popular, that it got its own game. And it was worth the money. Stanley Parable is not a normal game like another First Person game, it has its own shelf, its own category, the best way to say it short, its a fantastic special game. The game has really many different endings, and feels like, you´re in a commentary, or even aStanley Parable was a mod to Garry´s Mod, the mod was getting so popular, that it got its own game. And it was worth the money. Stanley Parable is not a normal game like another First Person game, it has its own shelf, its own category, the best way to say it short, its a fantastic special game. The game has really many different endings, and feels like, you´re in a commentary, or even a book written on the choices you choose. The game is not the best graphics game that you´re gonna see, but its really easy to run, and you´re not gonna think about the graphics, but about the story you´re making. The game isn´t an action game, its a relaxing game, you can sit when you´re bored. You can´t really tell anything about the story, or the game itself, without its a spoiler. The game has a really, really good telling, even when im played the game, and i made sometimes the sad endings or something, i felt like, i was touched.
    Final word: Buy the game if you like relaxing Indie Games, and you love where you interact to the choices, and even make your own story.
  56. Apr 7, 2014
    A witty and self-referential game about games. What impresses me the most is that each time I return to this game I have encountered something new and found myself ginning and laughing both at the game and myself.
    For those who have grown up gaming, this is a must-have title that should afford some light relief around a form of entertainment that is often taken all-too seriously.
  57. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is one of the great examples about why there is a controversy going on about games being an art form or not. This game is not a "game" considering traditional definition of a game. This is a first-person philosophical game, and it is not just "another" art game. I know that most of you are completely bored about how some developers suck "games are art" channel dry, but this gameThis game is one of the great examples about why there is a controversy going on about games being an art form or not. This game is not a "game" considering traditional definition of a game. This is a first-person philosophical game, and it is not just "another" art game. I know that most of you are completely bored about how some developers suck "games are art" channel dry, but this game is completely original. I sincerely don't know how to review this game without spoiling your own adventure experiencing it but I must say that YOU will want to try out every single thing you can with only 5-6 control buttons and you'll keep saying "how the hell did that decision led to a different outcome" each time. Expand
  58. Oct 30, 2013
    One of the best things I have played in a long time. For the few hours this takes to complete in its entity this is engrossing and totally throws everything you think about video game conventions on its head. I think you need to just take it at face value and you will have one of the best video game experiences in years. Top stuff
  59. Oct 25, 2013
    It isn't exactly a GAME, but it's pretty amazing. If you have ever read the "Choose your own Adventure" book series as a kid then then you will love this. Also the humor in this game is top notch.
  60. Oct 21, 2013
    This game is just something else. It's like nothing you've ever played before. It's simple, but funny and very, very clever. The irony of the story line is simply superb. If you are an action junkie, then this might not be for you, but those who enjoy a fulfilling, cerebral experience, then this is a must. To say more would not do it justice, just buy it. Buy it now.
  61. Oct 22, 2013
    The combination of the narrator (Kevan Brighting) and the perfected meta humor makes this into more than a regular game. In fact, I am not sure if this could be seen as a game in normal sense for it lacks much of what is gameplay and focuses on your mind and your thoughts instead. Filled with jokes within jokes hurled into a big bucket of creativity can be hard to spot if not givingThe combination of the narrator (Kevan Brighting) and the perfected meta humor makes this into more than a regular game. In fact, I am not sure if this could be seen as a game in normal sense for it lacks much of what is gameplay and focuses on your mind and your thoughts instead. Filled with jokes within jokes hurled into a big bucket of creativity can be hard to spot if not giving attention. If one finds themselves bored or perhaps confused the natural thing would be to push away. If you let this one go, you may have lost many thoughts worth bearing with you.

All I can do is connect it with Monthy Python, not everyone gets the joke, because there is often ain't a joke but the situation itself. The only thing that is lacking is the playtime. Some would be foolish and rush within a couple of hours but to really get it all you have to spend about 5 hours on it at least.
    From an artistic point of view this could have a reason, nevertheless I could just be wanting more.

Do not pirate this pearl.
  62. Nov 1, 2013
    To be honest, no game has made anyone think as much as this game. For some reason, this game, despite being incredibly short to people that do not have the patience to pursue the true endings of this game, sparks something inside everyone that plays it. It could be the hilarious dialogue, the inventive endings or the incredible simplicity of the story but no matter what it is, we need moreTo be honest, no game has made anyone think as much as this game. For some reason, this game, despite being incredibly short to people that do not have the patience to pursue the true endings of this game, sparks something inside everyone that plays it. It could be the hilarious dialogue, the inventive endings or the incredible simplicity of the story but no matter what it is, we need more games like this. I recommend going into this game not knowing anything about it. This is for the optimal experience, so I will not continue to say anything other than Buy this game. You owe it to yourself. Expand
  63. Dec 25, 2013
    This game should be considered a litmus test;
    Anyone who says they disliked the game or says "it's not actually a game" needs to officially be given a "STUPID" stamp on their forehead and be forever branded as an untrustworthy reviewer who should never again be allowed to touch a video game with a 10-foot-pole.
    It's one in a shortlist of games that could be described as "as close to a
    This game should be considered a litmus test;

It's one in a shortlist of games that could be described as "as close to a perfect game as is possible to create", a shortlist including the likes of Portal (the first Portal, that is) and Anti-chamber.

The Stanley Parable is quite a short game, but objectively one of the best video games ever made... And I literally mean *objectively*.

If you compared this to the hundreds of games I have played in my entire life, all my most beloved games on which I spent tens or hundreds of hours on each...
    Games I hold far more dearly to my heart than The Stanley Parable...
    Games which have given me far more fun than The Stanley Parable...
    I could only honestly rate those games as 9/10.

In a mere 5 hours of playtime from start to 100% completion The Stanley Parable is the one game that I could truthfully give a 10/10.

Now that may make me sound like some pretentious hipster, but I regularly indulge in and fall in love with games that are super-mainstream, as well as more-indie games that I adore despite them objectively more closely resembling a glitchy pile of faeces than a video game.

The Stanley Parable features the best narration you'll ever hear in your life and an extremely self-aware, incredible breakdown of what video games are as a whole.

The game will make you feel curious, ashamed, awe-struck, annoyed, excited, terrified, ecstatic, sad, confused and hopeful seamlessly throughout every playthrough dependent entirely upon the many choices you make.

If you have not played the game yet, then please immediately play the demo, then buy the full game and play that.

Stop reading this review and do it, right now.

Seriously. I mean it.

Stop reading.

Go play it.

Now.
  64. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is amazingly good, i don't know what type of game it is but i know its a good one. Still not finished every thing but love the game. even the achievements are funny. I would advise anyone reading this to just stop everything and buy this game
  65. Oct 22, 2013
    This game is the definition of story-telling. It conveys such a simple plot into such an advanced adventure, all condensed into a single building. The amount of detail is absurd. For example, I stepped into the broom closet, and the narrator spoke for over ten minutes. He eventually came to this conclusion (quote)

"I have come to a very definite conclusion about what is happening right

"I have come to a very definite conclusion about what is happening right now... you're dead. You stepped into the broom closet, explored it a bit, and we're just about to leave when a physical melody of some sort shut down your central nervous system, and you collapsed on the keyboard."

It actually goes on for longer, but you just have to play the bloody game. Its brilliant. Simple as that.
  66. Oct 18, 2013
    This is a story of a man named Stanley and it would seem to be all that I can say about it without spoiling anything. I will say it's something that I believe most people should try once and then discuss with others, but it also seems over priced for how long each play-through is. That being said there appears to be a lot of ways this game can be played and there might be more value inThis is a story of a man named Stanley and it would seem to be all that I can say about it without spoiling anything. I will say it's something that I believe most people should try once and then discuss with others, but it also seems over priced for how long each play-through is. That being said there appears to be a lot of ways this game can be played and there might be more value in that. Great game and achieves what it wanted to achieve. For this reason it definitely deserves a high score.

If it's on sale it's a must buy, but the current amount of $14.99 seems a bit to high for me to tell people to buy it. I don't know if I can recommend it at that price, so I gave it an 8/10 for that reason. I recommend watching their wonderfully done trailers before buying, it will help in deciding if this is the type of game for you. However, try to avoid "Let's Play" videos that show an entire run of the game. This is all about the experience and it is quite a good one at that.
  67. Oct 18, 2013
    If you love Easter eggs in games, this is full of it. But it also makes you think on a philosophical level. To me, this is very refreshing compared to some games that are just mind numbing violence and actions. Please keep in mind, this is not everyone cup of tea. If you are on the fence in purchasing, play the demo. The humor is great and you will fall in love it.
  68. Oct 19, 2013
    I really don't understand all the people who say that this game has no replay-ability. It is without a doubt one of my favorite games ever. I actually have taste too, I enjoy cs, deux ex, metal gear solid, games that are actually GOOD. Also, the demo was pure genius and was almost a short game in itself. People who rate it low, there's a good reason that pretty much all critics and LPI really don't understand all the people who say that this game has no replay-ability. It is without a doubt one of my favorite games ever. I actually have taste too, I enjoy cs, deux ex, metal gear solid, games that are actually GOOD. Also, the demo was pure genius and was almost a short game in itself. People who rate it low, there's a good reason that pretty much all critics and LP youtubers recommend it. Expand
  69. Oct 21, 2013
    I've played thousands of games in my life. I've experienced the incredible story of the Kingdom Hearts series, The amazing immersion of the Half Life series, the beautiful narration of Thomas Was Alone and the stupid crazy fun of games like Just Cause 2. Thoughout my many years as a full time gamer I've only considered 1 game to be perfect, and that number has now become 2. The StanleyI've played thousands of games in my life. I've experienced the incredible story of the Kingdom Hearts series, The amazing immersion of the Half Life series, the beautiful narration of Thomas Was Alone and the stupid crazy fun of games like Just Cause 2. Thoughout my many years as a full time gamer I've only considered 1 game to be perfect, and that number has now become 2. The Stanley Parable is a perfect game. I could seriously write an enormous review but I really can't go into too much detail as it's something you need to experience rather than have explained to you. I will say that this game features an incredibly immersive environment. I was focused in more than I have been in any game of the past 2 years. The narration is amazing. There were points in the game where I was pissing myself laughing and some points where I was locked in a deep train of thought. My only issue with this game is that it's too short. After 2 hours I completed all the endings (My favorite was the broom closet ending) and it really left me hungry for more. I do hope we see some more content added in later on. Anyway, I hope this was helpful. I really really really recommend you pick up this game as it is an absolute gem and will leave you with a message that I personally will never forget. Expand
  70. May 1, 2014
    If there ever was a game that deserved LESS to be said about it, this is it. You really need to dive in head first and try it. Completely original and entertaining. Especially if you've ever worked in an office.
  71. Oct 17, 2013
    Keep in mind a few things... When it comes to the demo, the demo displays the style of The Stanley Parable, and it does so very well. The Stanley Parable embodies the same type of interesting exploration and fourth wall breaking Narrator dialogue. It is sufficiently ahead of the mod to be worth playing. The time in game may be short to some (estimated 2-3 hours of playtime, not countingKeep in mind a few things... When it comes to the demo, the demo displays the style of The Stanley Parable, and it does so very well. The Stanley Parable embodies the same type of interesting exploration and fourth wall breaking Narrator dialogue. It is sufficiently ahead of the mod to be worth playing. The time in game may be short to some (estimated 2-3 hours of playtime, not counting achievements, for all the endings), but for the quality of the time spent, this is very much worth it. There are games probably only two times the length of this that sell for $50 or $60. Do not hesitate to pay the $15. It is worth the quality of this game. Expand
  72. Oct 20, 2013
    This Game. Words cannot describe it. Every moment you are in the game you are just thinking wtf is going on? There's just so many endings it's hard to get all of them in just one play session. I'm still trying to get all combinations of actions that lead to endings, everything you do changes the game.
  73. Oct 17, 2013
    Is this a game? I don't know, but what I do know is that it's a wonderful thing no matter what it is. It's not conventional, but since it's a game based around deconstructing convention, I think that works perfectly in its favor.
  74. Oct 19, 2013
    To explain why this game is so brilliant and genius would be to rob it of its true value. You must play this game. It's the perfect deconstruction of the relationships among the player, the protagonist, and the storyline. It offers the player the most agency I've ever seen in a video game, but at the same time doesn't. It's beyond words.
  75. Oct 19, 2013
    The Stanley Parable is a remarkably polarizing game. Some may dislike or deride it for its somewhat minimalist gameplay and unorthodox plot structure; I personally found it to be an utterly enjoyable game that reminded me very much of the "Choose Your Own Adventure" novels from my youth.

Before I go on, I must stress two things: First, this is a game with little gameplay other than walking around and sometimes clicking on things; if you primarily play games for their gameplay, then this is not the title for you. Second, it is almost impossible to go into anything with much detail without majorly spoiling an ending and possibly the entire experience.

I loved The Stanley Parable. The first and best thing about the game is Kevan Brighting's wonderful voice acting as The Narrator. As the only character in the game other than the titular protagonist, The Narrator will describe, comment upon, and even try to shape your every move in the game. He will scold, ridicule and even plead with you depending on what you do in response to his ever-present prodding.

The premise of the game is probably best exemplified by the first Choice: As you step into a room with two doors, you enter through the one on your left...or so the narrator says, anyway. This and other Choices with a capital C shape your experience: will you follow the narrated plot to the conclusion planned out for you, or will you rebel and try to go off the rails into the unknown?

For me, the strongest elements in the game were those of exploration and discovery. I would always try to pick away at random bits of scenery in the hopes of discovering a hidden secret or hang around in a room to hear some extra narration. Another plus is that the dev team seemed to think of everything: for a game that is seemingly so confined and linear, there are seemingly endless permutations in the gaming experience, and there are no bugs but merely features in disguise.

The Stanley Parable is an excellent choice if you're looking for a game that messes with your head, makes you chuckle, or simply spins a good yarn. It doesn't offer any elements of difficulty, combat, strategy, or even jumping, but it does tell you a story, even if you're trying to make things difficult for it.
  76. Jan 18, 2014
    Short (and not costly) but stunning. Reminds me of reading Italo Calvino's novels, as this isn't a game so much as a walk through wonderland. The narration is extremely well done and succeeds at being funny at all the right times.
  77. Oct 20, 2013
    The game makes us think about our choices, and seems to demonstrate that our life itself is just a voiceover, completely manipulated.
    Our life itself is following the rules, and we are completely controlled.
    I think it it is a metaphor about following orders and find personal happiness so that everyone has an idea own 'unique' about 'personal fulfillment'. (note that just because we
    Our life itself is following the rules, and we are completely controlled.

(note that just because we follow the narrator already conveys the idea that our life is a'' story'')
  78. Feb 20, 2014
    Is impossible not to give this game a 10/10. This game redefine what means a story in a video game, and redefine what is a game, is very hard to explain why this game is so extraordinary, you need to play it to see how good is it.
  79. Jan 25, 2014
    This game is fantastic. It was one of the most enjoyable game experiences of 2013 for me. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but this is a game definitely worth checking out. Saying anything else would spoil the game. 10/10.
  80. Oct 17, 2013
    First of all this review does not contain any information about the story. The best way to go into the Stanley Parable is to know as little as possible about it beforehand, but while I will say some actions have similar outcomes to the original mod, they are redone and everything is mostly new. And for people like me who have played the original mod it doesn't taint the experience. In factFirst of all this review does not contain any information about the story. The best way to go into the Stanley Parable is to know as little as possible about it beforehand, but while I will say some actions have similar outcomes to the original mod, they are redone and everything is mostly new. And for people like me who have played the original mod it doesn't taint the experience. In fact I'll just say it right now; if you enjoyed the original Stanley Parable, go and buy this game immediately. But anyway, I have waited for this game since I heard of it over a year ago. I went in with my expectations high and was not disappointed. People seem to be up in arms though on the community hub right now about a certain achievement for completing the game in 4 minutes, and others are calling it another walking simulator like Dear Esther. Firstly, The Stanley Parable will give you as much playtime as you will let it. You CAN storm through the game and get the main ending in four or five minutes, but there are so many choices to make, there is so much dialogue to hear and so many outcomes to discover. Granted, if you compare it to other games it is quite short I've been playing it for 90 minutes and I'm starting to run out of different things to do but it's quantity over quality, really. For instance, Saints Row 4's story lasted about 8 hours but to me it was sooooo repetitive and dragged out. This reminds me greatly of the original Portal. Beautifully made, thought-provoking and so little that I would want to change about it. Secondly, I am someone who very much dislikes Dear Esther. The Stanley Parable is nothing like Dear Esther. mkay. In short, the Stanley Parable is, to me, a truly brilliant game and I would implore you go and purchase it. Expand
  81. Oct 17, 2013
    This is easily one of the most well written and enjoyable games I have ever played, and was so good that I was compelled to write a review about it. It is a crime to not enjoy this game, and I urge any person unsure of whether or not to purchase it to download the demo and watch the trailers, because none of them are related to the main game, and they are all related to the main game.
  82. Oct 18, 2013
    Just giving a review of this game would spoil the fun of the game, diving in headfirst and not expecting anything from it will give you the best experience in The Stanley Parable. Stop reading the reviews now and just go buy the game for yourself and play, I promise it won't be disappointing.
  83. Oct 18, 2013
    This game is beautiful. You play as Stanley, a man whose thoughts and actions are constantly voiced by the Narrator. You can chose to follow the narrators instructions, or disobey. I can't really say more without spoiling the game. If you dislike games based on story, this game isn't for you. For everyone else, this game will finish with you questioning what it means to exist.
  84. Oct 20, 2013
    The Stanley Parable is an adventure game, and the premise is that you play as Stanley, a man who is content at his job where he pushes the buttons he's told to all day, every day. When Stanley discovers that his office is mysteriously empty, he decides to investigate. He comes to a room with two doors, and according to the narrator, Stanley chooses the door on his left, but you'reThe Stanley Parable is an adventure game, and the premise is that you play as Stanley, a man who is content at his job where he pushes the buttons he's told to all day, every day. When Stanley discovers that his office is mysteriously empty, he decides to investigate. He comes to a room with two doors, and according to the narrator, Stanley chooses the door on his left, but you're controlling Stanley, not the narrator.

There are many, many choices in this game, and they all have interesting consequences. I'm not going to spoil any choices (beyond the first), because the magic of The Stanley Parable is figuring it out yourself. It also helps that the humor in this game is great.

This game's demo is free, and you should play it. Seriously. Even if you plan to get this game, play the demo first, because the content is entirely different from the main game, and there's at least one joke from the demo that is referenced in the game. If you want more, check out the original Stanley Parable, which is also free. This game is a remake of that game with much more content.

This isn't much of a "game", but as a piece of interactive storytelling, it's wonderful. If you're curious, try the demo, and if you liked that, you'll love the main game. For me, it was definitely worth $15 and I would definitely recommend it. If I were to rate this game from one to ten, it would get an EIGHT! EIGHT! EIGHT!
  85. Oct 19, 2013
    I will tell you about The Stanley Parable and I will not tell you about The Stanley Parable.
    This is the kind of game that heavily relies on breaking your expectations, and cutting right through that cynicism of "games not having comedic potential outside of parody" mentality a lot of people have this day. Because TSP will make you laugh. It will also make you cringe with confusion and looming uncertainty. It will also leave you wanting to play more of a brilliantly written and designed visual narrative like this!

I strongly urge anyone curious about this game, to try out the free demo first. It is a stand-alone product, and it's only purpose is to explain precisely what TSP is all about.
  86. Oct 17, 2013
    This game is the most brilliant piece of pure wonder I have ever played. So many choices to make, so many branches to find, it is just wonderful. The humor is absolutely spot on and to those that say it lacks emotion, I feel they have not explored enough of the possible areas/events that can take place nor have they actually tried to reflect on said events. The choices, as in anythingThis game is the most brilliant piece of pure wonder I have ever played. So many choices to make, so many branches to find, it is just wonderful. The humor is absolutely spot on and to those that say it lacks emotion, I feel they have not explored enough of the possible areas/events that can take place nor have they actually tried to reflect on said events. The choices, as in anything except for real life, are entirely laid out for you to find; obviously there is no true choice, as with any other game. So once you realize that truth then the 'choices' you make in The Stanley Parable actually seem quite momentous in how much they can effect the world. I also highly recommend playing the demo first as it is also a masterful little piece, and it gives nothing of the game away, and it is quite correct not to do so. Expand
  87. Oct 17, 2013
    Is this a game, a story, a parable, a fable, a life philosophy, or just a mind-screw? There are no answers in this game only questions, you interpret their meaning.
  88. Oct 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A brilliant game! I enjoyed every second of the game, especially based on how the office would change and the paths would change after you've done them before, like how the narrator would be like "Bla..Bla...Bla... You've done this before. Alright. Let's go." Or how when you answer the phone at one point there will be boxes EVERYWHERE next time you restart the game. Fantastic. Expand
  89. Oct 19, 2013
    Nice!!!!!Very fun unexpected, something interesting, did not expect it.....a game for most but not for all.Give it a try, Do it I tell ya, And God Bless!
  90. Oct 19, 2013
    We absolutely need more games like this one. One of those rare games where you find yourself laughing with tears. I haven't had so much fun in a game since Portal 1. Very witty and creative.
  91. Oct 19, 2013
    Any information about this game would pretty much ruin it. You explore an office looking for your co-workers and you are presented with simple decisions like which door to take. It's very enjoyable and there are tons of alternate endings and hidden easter eggs. Not a game in the traditional sense but a great experience.
  92. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is made by a narrative genius. The only way to describe the story is "Mind f*ck". The controls are quite simple even though I am disappointed there was no sprinting option. The only problem with this game is the story is a double edge sword. On one side it is brilliant in every way but it is also endlessly running around taking different routes which get tiring after an hour. IThis game is made by a narrative genius. The only way to describe the story is "Mind f*ck". The controls are quite simple even though I am disappointed there was no sprinting option. The only problem with this game is the story is a double edge sword. On one side it is brilliant in every way but it is also endlessly running around taking different routes which get tiring after an hour. I suppose it depends on what kind of person you are really, but I recommend buying it since it is so cheap anyway. Expand
  93. Nov 4, 2013
    Magnificent. Sophie's World for gamers. Simply no doubt this is a 10/10, after only an hour or two. If you have a curious mind, don't investigate this game. Just get it.
  94. Oct 20, 2013
    I loved this game as a mod and it is even better now. Yes, it is a bit shorter than most games. This is reflected in the price which is much lower than most games. This has everything the mod had and much more. three times more script according to the developers, and much more polished and up to date as well. This game achieved perfectly what it set out to do. This game is exactly what iI loved this game as a mod and it is even better now. Yes, it is a bit shorter than most games. This is reflected in the price which is much lower than most games. This has everything the mod had and much more. three times more script according to the developers, and much more polished and up to date as well. This game achieved perfectly what it set out to do. This game is exactly what i love about indie games in that it brings a new concept of what a game can be to the mainstream. Often these indie games fail, but occasionally a gem will sort itself out of the rest. This is one of those gems. Of course, not all games are meant for everyone. This is one of those games that you ether love or hate. I happen to think it is fantastic. Especially the broom closet ending. Expand
  95. Oct 21, 2013
    One of the most powerful game experience of all time. If you are not a cod kiddy and have half a brain (having an entire one and maybe some understanding of narrative won't hurt) download the demo, gaze and wonder, than pick up the game.
  96. Oct 25, 2013
    Metacritic reviews make me hate humanity.
    I was disappointed to find that there isn't all that more narrative content than the original mod, but the quality of the new content is amazing, I still believe the adventure line will lead me to freedom.
  97. Oct 21, 2013
    Incredible proof that games, can indeed be art. Easily one of the best narrative focused games to come out this year. A must play for all mature gamers.
  98. Nov 5, 2013
    Clever game that really made me laugh and interest me. I would recommend the game to anyone whose a fan of the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. Really great voice acting also.
  99. Dec 15, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played. Does it have actual gameplay? Neither did The Walking Dead and that (my favorite game) won game of the year, so it just depends on how you look at it. If you don't appreciate (abstract) storytelling you will not like this game. However, if you go into it with an open mind, you will come out with an amazing experience, with a profound messageOne of the best games I have ever played. Does it have actual gameplay? Neither did The Walking Dead and that (my favorite game) won game of the year, so it just depends on how you look at it. If you don't appreciate (abstract) storytelling you will not like this game. However, if you go into it with an open mind, you will come out with an amazing experience, with a profound message backed by a brilliant and intriguing soundtrack. An altogether beautiful game. Expand
  100. Oct 31, 2013
    This is a game that isn't a game. It is an adventure that isn't an adventure. It is a oxymoron that isn't an oxymoron.

This is a game where there is no action, this is a narrative story. If you look for all the little secrets, it'll take you about 4 hours. If you rush through every ending and don't bother with any of the funny little hidden things, maybe about 2 hours. If you look at the achievements and then decide not to buy the game because the game can be sped run in less than 4 minutes and 22 seconds, just remember how Mario Bros. can be finished in less than 5 minutes.

If you like the narrator you will love it, if you hate the narrator you will hate it. End of story, personally I liked him and his humor so this is a 9/10 for me. If you don't like him you'll probably rate it anywhere from a 0-3.

1. Mar 11, 2014
    The Stanley Parable is many things. It's an interactive comedy, an existential riddle and an experiment in storytelling. Most importantly, it's pretty good. [Nov 2013]
  2. Jan 23, 2014
    It's one of those games that tries and succeeds in making a bold statement. Be prepared for something really special.
  3. Dec 25, 2013
    Step away from this review and play it now. Or don't. Whatever you do is already ordained. OR IS IT?! [Jan 2014, p.83]